FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccination

Vaccination

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pursChick aka Shortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I found this an interesting read on how it works, how long it could possibly take, eligibility of the vaccine and the measures still needed after some of the population has been vaccinated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-b6360f40-84f9-469b-b6a3-a4568e161c4f

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I found this an interesting read on how it works, how long it could possibly take, eligibility of the vaccine and the measures still needed after some of the population has been vaccinated

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year "

The science behind the Pfizer vaccine is really interesting, the concept of a "universal" vaccine delivery system is also really positive for future vaccines being turned out in much shorter timescales than we are used to.

I'm personally hoping that once the first three groups of people have been inoculated that restrictions should be much lighter. Once the Astrazeneca vaccine is available, the rate of vaccination should increase massively.

Cal

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I found this an interesting read on how it works, how long it could possibly take, eligibility of the vaccine and the measures still needed after some of the population has been vaccinated

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year "

Yes it will spurs will do the double.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year

The science behind the Pfizer vaccine is really interesting, the concept of a "universal" vaccine delivery system is also really positive for future vaccines being turned out in much shorter timescales than we are used to.

I'm personally hoping that once the first three groups of people have been inoculated that restrictions should be much lighter. Once the Astrazeneca vaccine is available, the rate of vaccination should increase massively.

Cal"

I agree once the majority of the vulnerable have been vaccinated I think restrictions can and need to be relaxed. However hygiene standards will need to remain high which is no bad thing.

On a mooch

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year Yes it will spurs will do the double. "

Now that is a good bit of positivity.... but as a lifelong Spurs fan, I’m not even thinking about that yet

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Any further details on the article and is it evidence-based? Based on the current official plans and resources?

On a mooch

"Any further details on the article and is it evidence-based? Based on the current official plans and resources? "

Other than the sources quoted in the article, WHO, Pfizer, UK department of health, Imperial college to name a few mentioned

On a mooch

Cal

I agree once the majority of the vulnerable have been vaccinated I think restrictions can and need to be relaxed. However hygiene standards will need to remain high which is no bad thing."

As would social distancing measures that we currently have surely.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year Yes it will spurs will do the double.

Now that is a good bit of positivity.... but as a lifelong Spurs fan, I’m not even thinking about that yet "

me too but is season 20/ 21 coys.

Cal

I agree once the majority of the vulnerable have been vaccinated I think restrictions can and need to be relaxed. However hygiene standards will need to remain high which is no bad thing.

As would social distancing measures that we currently have surely. "

Doubtful that social distancing will remain as a lot of the businesses that have managed to survive could continue to do so with it in place.

If protection of the elderly and vulnerable has reduced hospitalisations then the economic consequences of restrictions will be further to the fore.

On a mooch

Cal

As would social distancing measures that we currently have surely.

Doubtful that social distancing will remain as a lot of the businesses that have managed to survive could continue to do so with it in place.

If protection of the elderly and vulnerable has reduced hospitalisations then the economic consequences of restrictions will be further to the fore."

Time will tell, but reading that article it is around for a while even with the vaccination of the vulnerable.

On a mooch

Long, long way to go... 2021 for me personally, isn’t going to be much different than this year Yes it will spurs will do the double.

Now that is a good bit of positivity.... but as a lifelong Spurs fan, I’m not even thinking about that yet me too but is season 20/ 21 coys."

One is the magic number

It's interesting but depressing. I had a lovely few days thinking Boris could be right and we'd be doing good by the end of April.

It's good though, need to be realistic. Long read but glad I did. Thank you for finding it.

On a mooch

It's interesting but depressing. I had a lovely few days thinking Boris could be right and we'd be doing good by the end of April.

It's good though, need to be realistic. Long read but glad I did. Thank you for finding it. "

Another way to look at it is we may be doing good come April with significantly reduced numbers of deaths, the medical staff might have a less stressful day with not so many to treat all at the same time, other medical treatments could resume fully, but yes it’s not a magic “let’s get back to normal” quick fix.

Still so many aspects the scientists aren’t sure of, best to be realistic but with the knowledge moving in the right direction, albeit slowly

U.K. Department of Health and Social Care has indemnified Pfizer of any liability, if someone were to be injured by the vaccine.

I saw that the other day, I was all for the vaccine until I saw they had been given liability protection. If it works why do they need protection, and if they're not sure of side effects then its not ready to be dished out to the public. Then when the UK MD for Pfizer was questioned about it he refused to talk about clauses in the contract.

By *aughty_builder87Man  over a year ago

Keston

"U.K. Department of Health and Social Care has indemnified Pfizer of any liability, if someone were to be injured by the vaccine."

Same as any vaccine thats ever been released.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I saw that the other day, I was all for the vaccine until I saw they had been given liability protection. If it works why do they need protection, and if they're not sure of side effects then its not ready to be dished out to the public. Then when the UK MD for Pfizer was questioned about it he refused to talk about clauses in the contract. "

Anti vaxers propaganda

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"I saw that the other day, I was all for the vaccine until I saw they had been given liability protection. If it works why do they need protection, and if they're not sure of side effects then its not ready to be dished out to the public. Then when the UK MD for Pfizer was questioned about it he refused to talk about clauses in the contract. "

Not happy don’t have it

On a mooch

I believe that is the case for any vaccine that has been issued over the years.

It's good though, need to be realistic. Long read but glad I did. Thank you for finding it.

Another way to look at it is we may be doing good come April with significantly reduced numbers of deaths, the medical staff might have a less stressful day with not so many to treat all at the same time, other medical treatments could resume fully, but yes it’s not a magic “let’s get back to normal” quick fix.

Still so many aspects the scientists aren’t sure of, best to be realistic but with the knowledge moving in the right direction, albeit slowly "

That's true. Positive movement.

" I believe that is the case for any vaccine that has been issued over the years. "

See the article in the independent never mentioned that every other vaccine has the same conditions, I've never been against vaccines, I always get the flu jab and my kid has had all the jabs. Without having any knowledge of how vaccines work I just found it scary to think they've designed and manufactured a vaccine in 8 or so months. Think I'm going to have to go down the YouTube rabbit hole to educate myself more on the subject haha

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 06/12/20 15:06:37]

On a mooch

" I believe that is the case for any vaccine that has been issued over the years.

See the article in the independent never mentioned that every other vaccine has the same conditions, I've never been against vaccines, I always get the flu jab and my kid has had all the jabs. Without having any knowledge of how vaccines work I just found it scary to think they've designed and manufactured a vaccine in 8 or so months. Think I'm going to have to go down the YouTube rabbit hole to educate myself more on the subject haha"

I totally agree, the speed it has been produced is daunting, but knowing they’ve worked on similar technology for sometime helped. I’ve always had vaccinations without question as had my lad. The only one I was wary of was the MMR after its feedback at the time, however after a bit of research this was sorted and my lad had it when due.

This one I’m bottom of the pile for being given it, as is my lad - if we are offered it, so I’ve got plenty of time to decide and read more papers as the scientists learn more about it

Yeah I'm the same, I'll be one of the last to get it. I guess we'll see what happens

» Add a new message to this topic