FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > USA has over 3000 deaths in just 1 day (More than 9/11)

USA has over 3000 deaths in just 1 day (More than 9/11)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *J OP   Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

On 3rd Dec the USA recorded 3157 deaths in just a single day. That is such a tragedy. It's more people lost in just 1 day than was lost due to 9/11.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-us-logs-3-157-more-coronavirus-deaths-a-record-for-a-single-day-12150371

K's sister lives in the US and has done for ten years mainly Jacksonville and now in Palm Beach and she says the concept of personal freedoms over there makes it much harder to impose the type of restrictions seen in the UK and Europe.

A question to our American fabbers what are your opinions on the USA covid pandemic, death rates, govetments responses?

Also what are the safety nets in the USA for those who's jobs are at risk? (Example like the UK government paying 80% wages via furlough)

Cheers

KJ

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

That's not good, when as trump did in turning the virus into a political issue it's of little surprise sadly..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well, if you think of the population number in the US, it's probably fairly comparable with the disaster that's happened here. We have around 50m people in England, and had around 500 deaths yesterday. The US has a population of what? 330m ..so, actually sounds about the same, comparatively. Another comparison would be looking at the number of deaths across the EU yesterday. I don't know the number but suspect it's around or more than 3000.

However, my own view is that both here and in the US the leadership has been a disaster. Particularly, in the US.

Lessons can be learnt from the Far East, in terms of how to contain this sort of thing and how to minimise deaths.

By Far East, I mean Japan and S-Korea, Singapore - excluding China - who have their own questions to answer.

"Well, if you think of the population number in the US, it's probably fairly comparable with the disaster that's happened here. We have around 50m people in England, and had around 500 deaths yesterday. The US has a population of what? 330m ..so, actually sounds about the same, comparatively. Another comparison would be looking at the number of deaths across the EU yesterday. I don't know the number but suspect it's around or more than 3000.

However, my own view is that both here and in the US the leadership has been a disaster. Particularly, in the US.

Lessons can be learnt from the Far East, in terms of how to contain this sort of thing and how to minimise deaths."

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, as the US have more than 5 times the population that the UK has, 3000 in a day is still better than our worst days. On the other hand, it is still awful and it's a shame that the US seem incapable of doing what is required to improve things.

Cal

We deal with natural disasters on a yearly basis. The people still move on with their lives.

As far as a political issue the majority of our major cities are democratic with the worse outbreaks. Begs to to differ on what majority is not listening to covid plans set into place.

"To be fair, as the US have more than 5 times the population that the UK has, 3000 in a day is still better than our worst days. On the other hand, it is still awful and it's a shame that the US seem incapable of doing what is required to improve things.

Cal"

We are masks worn social distancing washing ect ect...

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Using the size comparison is a total cop out and frankly insulting to those who have died and still going to die.

It's deflecting the question and any responsibility.

Over 3000 dead in one day.

Is absolutely heart breaking.

But hey I'm sure if you go and see the friends and family of those who have died they will take great comfort in the statement regarding size comparison to the UK. not!

"Using the size comparison is a total cop out and frankly insulting to those who have died and still going to die.

But hey I'm sure if you go and see the friends and family of those who have died they will take great comfort in the statement regarding size comparison to the UK. not!"

More major cities

More population

More deaths.

Not a cop out.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Using the size comparison is a total cop out and frankly insulting to those who have died and still going to die.

But hey I'm sure if you go and see the friends and family of those who have died they will take great comfort in the statement regarding size comparison to the UK. not!

More major cities

More population

More deaths.

Not a cop out.

"

Absolutely is a cop out.

It doesn't make it better and doesn't explain the lack of action taken.

I'm not blaming the people because they are just as in the dark about this as anyone else.

However months ago Trump said that the people of the USA had nothing to worry about, the American government had the best doctor's, they have a vaccine and made alot of other bullshit statements, fact is they have just sat on their hands whilst the virus sweep's the country like wildfire.

Now if you think that using the size comparison as an excuse is acceptable then more fool you.

This is a country whose spending power is immense.

I don't disagree with the fact that per head the deaths are comparable,but being bigger also gives the ability to spend more on research than anyone else and can also send more on protecting its people's lives and jobs.

So the argument swings both ways.

Scunthorpe

But hey I'm sure if you go and see the friends and family of those who have died they will take great comfort in the statement regarding size comparison to the UK. not!"

My comparison was not meant to diminish the deaths in the US, more to highlight how bad the UK was at our worst.

Cal

More major cities

More population

More deaths.

Not a cop out.

Absolutely is a cop out.

I'm not blaming the people because they are just as in the dark about this as anyone else.

However months ago Trump said that the people of the USA had nothing to worry about, the American government had the best doctor's, they have a vaccine and made alot of other bullshit statements, fact is they have just sat on their hands whilst the virus sweep's the country like wildfire.

Now if you think that using the size comparison as an excuse is acceptable then more fool you.

I don't disagree with the fact that per head the deaths are comparable,but being bigger also gives the ability to spend more on research than anyone else and can also send more on protecting its people's lives and jobs.

So the argument swings both ways."

We did spend on research. Operation warp speed.

Can't control a population if they don't want to listen.

La. In lockdown explain why rates still climbing ? It is no politician fault. It is people's cavalier attitude twords the virus. We can die tomorrow type of attitude.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Well, if you think of the population number in the US, it's probably fairly comparable with the disaster that's happened here. We have around 50m people in England, and had around 500 deaths yesterday. The US has a population of what? 330m ..so, actually sounds about the same, comparatively. Another comparison would be looking at the number of deaths across the EU yesterday. I don't know the number but suspect it's around or more than 3000.

Lessons can be learnt from the Far East, in terms of how to contain this sort of thing and how to minimise deaths."

Scunthorpe

More major cities

More population

More deaths.

Not a cop out.

Absolutely is a cop out.

La. In lockdown explain why rates still climbing ? It is no politician fault. It is people's cavalier attitude twords the virus. We can die tomorrow type of attitude."

Could Trump not have pushed a national model rather than letting the states do their own thing?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Trump's reaction to covid has border on criminal and is surely one if the reasons he has been turfed

More major cities

More population

More deaths.

Not a cop out.

Absolutely is a cop out.

La. In lockdown explain why rates still climbing ? It is no politician fault. It is people's cavalier attitude twords the virus. We can die tomorrow type of attitude.

Could Trump not have pushed a national model rather than letting the states do their own thing?"

Can't do anything without governor approval. You seen that during the riots. In the end run people going to what they want. It is how it is . Only thing he can do is to declare Marshall law. That would definitely not sit well with the population.

We have riots

We have guns

We have hurricanes

Floods

Blizzards

Tornadoes

Wildfires

Earthquakes

Hell I have bears on our property almost everyday.

This is a generalization of why some people think the way they do.

They are wearing masks and social distancing. We see it everyday.

Oh wait before someone mentions the rallies.

We had rallies too.

By *J OP   Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

"We have riots

We have guns

We have hurricanes

Floods

Blizzards

Tornadoes

Wildfires

Earthquakes

"

How do you think Americans would have responded to a full national lockdown like has happened in Europe?

What are the support packages like from the goverment? Are there many schemes like the UK furlough where the govetmwnt pays 80% of someone's wages? Genuinely curious. If so does it vary state to state?

Cheers KJ

"We have riots

We have guns

We have hurricanes

Floods

Blizzards

Tornadoes

Wildfires

Earthquakes

How do you think Americans would have responded to a full national lockdown like has happened in Europe?

What are the support packages like from the goverment? Are there many schemes like the UK furlough where the govetmwnt pays 80% of someone's wages? Genuinely curious. If so does it vary state to state?

Cheers KJ"

State lockdown ineffective with people's perception. Tried it back in March . People still did what they want. Hence no lockdown now.

» Add a new message to this topic