FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sky News - First look at UK Vaccine Cards

Sky News - First look at UK Vaccine Cards

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *J OP   Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

Sky News -

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-coronavirus-vaccine-will-begin-to-be-rolled-out-in-the-uk-tomorrow-12153928

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If it's important enough to post a link, surely it must be important enough to precis what it states? Otherwise it's near impossible to discuss anything

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The cards look like they could be forged by a 2 year old rendering them pointless unless they contain a data chip, even then a cheap rfid machine will have the market flooded in fakes before the new year.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

They are only reminders for your second jab - whilst they could be used as proof of vaccination it’s just a reminder card. And to have a date for the first one to ensure you get them spaced correctly . As such there is no need for any biometrics or chips to prove anything

Teesside

"The cards look like they could be forged by a 2 year old rendering them pointless unless they contain a data chip, even then a cheap rfid machine will have the market flooded in fakes before the new year."

They certainly do!

The one shown below looks like the person cutting them was half asleep lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/12/07/health/vaccine-card-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

To me it looks more like a basic reminder card for the 2nd Job nothing more.

It's certainly not fit for purpose to be used as any sort of vaccine i.d. / proof of vaccine that could be used to let people into events or similar.

KJ

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

I still don't comprehend why any scheme for proof of vaccinations against covid is valid. Unless we get a vaccine that prevents someone getting and passing on covid.

How does it matter if you're vaccinated or not? You're no less of a risk.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I still don't comprehend why any scheme for proof of vaccinations against covid is valid. Unless we get a vaccine that prevents someone getting and passing on covid.

How does it matter if you're vaccinated or not? You're no less of a risk."

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I still don't comprehend why any scheme for proof of vaccinations against covid is valid. Unless we get a vaccine that prevents someone getting and passing on covid.

How does it matter if you're vaccinated or not? You're no less of a risk."

Not from the research I’ve read ..... massively reduced chance of getting it and fairly minuscule chance of passing it on

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

[Removed by poster at 07/12/20 14:18:29]

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

These are simply cards reminding you of qhen the second jab is due.

They are not proof of vaccination.

More fake news on here perhaps?

"Sky News -

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-news-live-latest-uk-updates-coronavirus-vaccine-will-begin-to-be-rolled-out-in-the-uk-tomorrow-12153928

"

Seems to have disappeared.

Teesside

"These are simply cards reminding you of qhen the second jab is due.

They are not proof of vaccination.

More fake news on here perhaps?"

If you put on BBC news 24 hrs channel on right now both sides of the coin regarding them is been discussed. The goverment has come out and said they aren't vaccine passports and not be considered as such.

The main point is they are worried people will miss the all important 2nd dose and have been implemented to reduce that happening.

The fact they are been reported on the major news outlets i.e. BBC, Sky News, CNN etc suggest its not fake news

KJ

How does it matter if you're vaccinated or not? You're no less of a risk.

Not from the research I’ve read ..... massively reduced chance of getting it and fairly minuscule chance of passing it on "

Agree with first part but it's already been accepted by virologists on news extra that it won't stop you passing it on. This apparently may take a year or more to stop being a concern.

Teesside

"Sky News -

Seems to have disappeared. "

The link still works for me although it has been updated with the following -

13:43

Vaccine cards are not immunity passports, Downing Street confirms

Downing Street dismissed the prospect of NHS vaccination cards becoming a form of "immunity passport" to allow people who have received the jab to enjoy extra freedoms.

"We have been clear that there are no plans to introduce immunity passports," the prime minister's official spokesman said this afternoon.

"The cards are NHS reminder cards that prompt people to get the second dose that they need.

"That's a well-established practice in the NHS to offer people cards to remind them of their next appointment."

In response to the update the more sensational headline was removed by sky news.

KJ

He added: "Of course, individual businesses have the capacity to make decisions about who they will admit and why.

"But the most important thing that we should be doing at this stage is concentrating on making sure the vaccine is rolled out."

Mr Gove's comments came after Nadhim Zahawi, the minister responsible for the rollout of a vaccine, said it would not be compulsory to receive and injection but pubs and restaurants could demand to know if a customer has received a coronavirus jab before permitting entry." BBC

For all those who think suddenly you're free to do what you like when you like and with whom you like....

Dr Morgan said about the vaccine..

"It doesn't change anything on the ground, we will still have to wear PPE, we will still have to use social distancing, 'hands, face, space', and so on, the same as everybody else in society, so that doesn't change anything,".

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Another conspiracy theory being put into practice.

» Add a new message to this topic