FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Kay Burley

Kay Burley

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Kay Burley, Sky News presenter and interrogator of politicians, has been caught breaking Covid regs. Should she be sacked by Sky? I think at least she should be removed from fronting anything to do with Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/07/kay-burley-apologises-over-birthday-party-that-broke-coronavirus-rules

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"So Kay Burley, Sky News presenter and interrogator of politicians, has been caught breaking Covid regs. Should she be sacked by Sky? I think at least she should be removed from fronting anything to do with Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/07/kay-burley-apologises-over-birthday-party-that-broke-coronavirus-rules"

Sacked, no... removed from Covid reporting and fined, definitely yes

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"So Kay Burley, Sky News presenter and interrogator of politicians, has been caught breaking Covid regs. Should she be sacked by Sky? I think at least she should be removed from fronting anything to do with Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/07/kay-burley-apologises-over-birthday-party-that-broke-coronavirus-rules

Sacked, no... removed from Covid reporting and fined, definitely yes"

What he said. ^

E

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, because she's done all that needs to be done as a celebrity... Publicly apologised. That's all they need to do.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Those two paragons of Sky, the moral voices of their Covid coverage, Kay Burley and Beth Rigby (and others), have been truely caught out.

As Beth Rigby said to Dominic Cummings... "one rule for you and one rule for the rest of us".

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't understand how popping into a restaurant to use the loo breaks tier 2 Covid rules although obviously having dinner in a restaurant with ten and inviting four back to your house does.

The South

"Those two paragons of Sky, the moral voices of their Covid coverage, Kay Burley and Beth Rigby (and others), have been truely caught out.

As Beth Rigby said to Dominic Cummings... "one rule for you and one rule for the rest of us".

"

It's the hypocrisy that gets me every time.

I remember seeing the footage of reporters dorstepping Dominic Cummins to challenge him about his trip during lockdown and how his journey wasn't essential.

5 deep, shoulder to shoulder, travelling hundreds of miles for their "story"

I think the press/media have not done themselves any favours over the last 9 months.

E

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Noooooooooo who the hell sticks to rules anyway

But she’s famous and lives in London so why should she apologise or in fact give a fuck about anyone else, surely that’s the rules

Leeds

Is saying "it was an error of judgement" a true apology? Same as politians saying "it was an honest mistake"

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"Noooooooooo who the hell sticks to rules anyway "

Many people actually, who aren't reckless idiots!

Leeds

Rita Ora apologised for the party but didn't mention the breach of quarantine until it was pointed out

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/dec/07/kay-burley-apologises-over-birthday-party-that-broke-coronavirus-rules"

Yes should be sacked

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

"Rita Ora apologised for the party but didn't mention the breach of quarantine until it was pointed out"

I thought we'd all decided to forgive Rita?

Id love to help her outta that gold catsuit.

Not sacked but the piss royally taken out and perhaps moved to weather girl or sports reporter

Well, thats another avenue of pleasure closed off,

Mistress Burley can hardly give Handcock and the other muppets stick now can she

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Sacked no, im not sure what we expect Kay to do. Find a quiet spot in the streets of London , pull her knickers down and have a pee. I have no doubt the polictians will have a raised smile, the next time she interviews them.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Sacked no, im not sure what we expect Kay to do. Find a quiet spot in the streets of London , pull her knickers down and have a pee. I have no doubt the polictians will have a raised smile, the next time she interviews them. "

Her no.1 excuse is actually a load of no.2

"Sacked no, im not sure what we expect Kay to do. Find a quiet spot in the streets of London , pull her knickers down and have a pee. I have no doubt the polictians will have a raised smile, the next time she interviews them. "

Her going for a pee alibi is deliberate misdirection - it doesn't explain her friends pitching up afterwards at her place.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Unpaid leave, whilst helping, feeding and caring for the poorer, vulnerable members of society, through to next summer

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

Hardly warrants the sack

I’ve be in a famous soho pub with her twice. She’s a wild one after a few drinks!!!

By *heshbifellaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Sacked no, im not sure what we expect Kay to do. Find a quiet spot in the streets of London , pull her knickers down and have a pee. I have no doubt the polictians will have a raised smile, the next time she interviews them.

Her going for a pee alibi is deliberate misdirection - it doesn't explain her friends pitching up afterwards at her place."

Yes, a complete red herring and has made herself look foolish talking about 'spending a penny'

Should she be sacked - no. Politicians set the rules so are ripe for being challenged. She is no different to the footballers, Rita Ora, Laurence Fox and hundreds of thousands of members of the public. Apologise, pay a fine if required and move on. But she will be severely diminished when interviewing politicians in the future! She joins a long list of covidiots.....

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"Hardly warrants the sack

I’ve be in a famous soho pub with her twice. She’s a wild one after a few drinks!!!"

Yes, she is

By *ond Jimmy BondMan  over a year ago

London

"Hardly warrants the sack

I’ve be in a famous soho pub with her twice. She’s a wild one after a few drinks!!!

Yes, she is "

You met her too?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Judge not lest ye be judged.

There's a lot to dislike the poisoned one for. But I believe people are human and make mistakes and make errors of judgement. Nobody is perfect. And she should face the same consequences as everyone else for breaking the rules. Which at the moment seems to be next to nothing.

Whether or not sky think its appropriate for her to front her "hard hitting" news show is up to them.

"Judge not lest ye be judged"

"Those two paragons of Sky, the moral voices of their Covid coverage, Kay Burley and Beth Rigby (and others), have been truely caught out.

I remember seeing the footage of reporters dorstepping Dominic Cummins to challenge him about his trip during lockdown and how his journey wasn't essential.

I think the press/media have not done themselves any favours over the last 9 months.

E"

Totally agree with you regards the media

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Hmmm not sure I believe her story that she had to stop the taxi to go into a restaurant for the loo when she had just left a place that had one but I suppose they could have been out of order lol

She’s off to Africa on Friday anyway but it’s not Sky that have thrown her to the lions, she’s done that herself, she says the holiday was already booked

By * and debbsCouple  over a year ago

Winchester

We're all bored of rules and covid. Go girl

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"Hmmm not sure I believe her story that she had to stop the taxi to go into a restaurant for the loo when she had just left a place that had one but I suppose they could have been out of order lol

She’s off to Africa on Friday anyway but it’s not Sky that have thrown her to the lions, she’s done that herself, she says the holiday was already booked "

You do realised that's complete misdirection on her part and nothing to do with the breaches she committed right?

1, She went out in a party of 10 people to the restaurant in a Tier 2 area breaking the rule of 6

2, After a number of drinks at the restaurant she decided it was ok to invite 4 of her group to all go back to her home to continue the party

Those are the reason her bosses and colleagues are furious, especially when she is the one meant to be asking the hard questions to politicians and other potential rule breakers. It's reported they are taking her off air until 2021. Her credibility to do her job has certainly taken a big hit.

For me had she made a full apology for the 2 clear breaches of the rules then that would go at least some way to starting to repair her reputation. That fact she didn't do that and posted such a blatant mis direction to almost say "look guys all I did was need a piss" is quite frankly shocking. Your post like many others on social media shows that at least some people fell hook line and sinker for her trick.

Hopefully Sky will encourage her to make a proper apology for what she did and stop all the people who only read headlines, titles, snippets and what Karen on Facebook said thinking that she did nothing wrong and just needed the toilet and is been unfairly targeted.

KJ

"Hmmm not sure I believe her story that she had to stop the taxi to go into a restaurant for the loo when she had just left a place that had one but I suppose they could have been out of order lol

She’s off to Africa on Friday anyway but it’s not Sky that have thrown her to the lions, she’s done that herself, she says the holiday was already booked

You do realised that's complete misdirection on her part and nothing to do with the breaches she committed right?

1, She went out in a party of 10 people to the restaurant in a Tier 2 area breaking the rule of 6

2, After a number of drinks at the restaurant she decided it was ok to invite 4 of her group to all go back to her home to continue the party

Those are the reason her bosses and colleagues are furious, especially when she is the one meant to be asking the hard questions to politicians and other potential rule breakers. It's reported they are taking her off air until 2021. Her credibility to do her job has certainly taken a big hit.

For me had she made a full apology for the 2 clear breaches of the rules then that would go at least some way to starting to repair her reputation. That fact she didn't do that and posted such a blatant mis direction to almost say "look guys all I did was need a piss" is quite frankly shocking. Your post like many others on social media shows that at least some people fell hook line and sinker for her trick.

Hopefully Sky will encourage her to make a proper apology for what she did and stop all the people who only read headlines, titles, snippets and what Karen on Facebook said thinking that she did nothing wrong and just needed the toilet and is been unfairly targeted.

KJ"

I was being sarcastic, sorry if that did not portray, I will try harder next time

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

E"

You're right about that! Add the Daily Mail who print click bait articles about Meghan and Harry designed to bring out the hounds to shred them to pieces, writing to Netflix to complain about the nasty comments being made about Charles and Camilla on their page.

Teesside

KJ

I was being sarcastic, sorry if that did not portray, I will try harder next time "

My apologies to early in the morning for me lol

Also my FB was full of defending the right to a piss posts

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-kay-burley-taken-air-23136717

Did she need a piss or was she checking her eyesight?

Given that wanker Cummings at least kept himself isolated from others apart from direct family. And she clearly didn't. Given her vociferous condemnation if Cummings at the time then her position as a political interviewer is now untenable.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

As usual with celebs, the truth has to be dragged out little by little.

Don’t forget about Beth Rigby, who was also there breaking all the rules, she is even more holier than thou at press conferences,

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"As usual with celebs, the truth has to be dragged out little by little.

Don’t forget about Beth Rigby, who was also there breaking all the rules, she is even more holier than thou at press conferences, "

... and the SKY North of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid who had to travel down from his Manchester home to attend. A 206 mile journey which was certainly not essential.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

If you want to sack people who have broken covid rules you might find at least half the country out of work. And don't tell me it was only a handful of MPS who have done it at some point. This country is full of hypocrites

westerham

"If you want to sack people who have broken covid rules you might find at least half the country out of work. And don't tell me it was only a handful of MPS who have done it at some point. This country is full of hypocrites "

I do not believe that half the country has been having massive birthday bashes in close contact for hours with people from ten different households, no.

durham

"If you want to sack people who have broken covid rules you might find at least half the country out of work. And don't tell me it was only a handful of MPS who have done it at some point. This country is full of hypocrites

I do not believe that half the country has been having massive birthday bashes in close contact for hours with people from ten different households, no. "

I didn't say birthday bashes. I said broken Covid rules.. You see it every day of the week in droves. This country is so full up its own backside.

durham

"If you want to sack people who have broken covid rules you might find at least half the country out of work. And don't tell me it was only a handful of MPS who have done it at some point. This country is full of hypocrites

I do not believe that half the country has been having massive birthday bashes in close contact for hours with people from ten different households, no. I didn't say birthday bashes. I said broken Covid rules.. You see it every day of the week in droves. This country is so full up its own backside. "

It's not OK to go around shops without a mask, it's not OK to secretly meet others, it's it OK to have a birthday bash, it's not OK for students, to wander about in groups of 20 or 30,its not OK to meet others in a restaurant. The, rule breakers are all there. And you can't go to Barnard Castle to test your eyes

westerham

I do not believe that half the country has been having massive birthday bashes in close contact for hours with people from ten different households, no. I didn't say birthday bashes. I said broken Covid rules.. You see it every day of the week in droves. This country is so full up its own backside. "

All I’m saying is that Kay Bruley’s and her chums behaviour is a lot worse than most of the casual rule breaking of some others.

If you are seeing things equivalent to this scale of piss up then please report it.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"If you want to sack people who have broken covid rules you might find at least half the country out of work. And don't tell me it was only a handful of MPS who have done it at some point. This country is full of hypocrites "

Most people will have bent the rules at some point, even unintentionally but these self righteous journalists that condemn others are the biggest hypocrites out, she and the others involved need sacking, if they had an ounce of decency they would resign, it's what they all demand of others

The South

"Did she need a piss or was she checking her eyesight?

Given that wanker Cummings at least kept himself isolated from others apart from direct family. And she clearly didn't. Given her vociferous condemnation if Cummings at the time then her position as a political interviewer is now untenable."

What's the old saying, people in glass houses?

If you're going to act holier than thou, sit and deride someone in front of millions and constantly nitpick their every move, you'd better make sure your own actions are whiter than white.

I don't see how she can conduct interviews where Covid restrictions being breached are under discussion now.

And if she is, shame on the people who are employing her.

E

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Wasn't Angus Deayton sacked from "Have I got news for you" after his drugs and prostitute scandal because "the presenter of current events became the subject of current events"?

Given that wanker Cummings at least kept himself isolated from others apart from direct family. And she clearly didn't. Given her vociferous condemnation if Cummings at the time then her position as a political interviewer is now untenable.

If you're going to act holier than thou, sit and deride someone in front of millions and constantly nitpick their every move, you'd better make sure your own actions are whiter than white.

I don't see how she can conduct interviews where Covid restrictions being breached are under discussion now.

E"

Sanctimonious woman, sack her, maybe it will teach the other journalists a lesson, your next piers you fat cunt

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Rita Ora apologised for the party but didn't mention the breach of quarantine until it was pointed out

I thought we'd all decided to forgive Rita?

Id love to help her outta that gold catsuit. "

I like her, but that advert gets right on my tits !

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

All four of the main protaganists are off air now until the New Year.

Teesside

"All four of the main protaganists are off air now until the New Year. "

Yeah just read the update below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55245914

Well done Sky for dealing with all those involved and not been fooled by the toilet tweet. It seems her "I was going to Africa anyway" tweet has now been removed as well.

Maybe just maybe she will apologize properly at some point.

KJ

"Sanctimonious woman, sack her, maybe it will teach the other journalists a lesson, your next piers you fat cunt"

Don’t mince your words haha

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Maybe she just ought to do what she and her ilk demanded of others - resign. That'd be a good start.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Well she roasted the Cummings Story with holier than tho diatribe. So . . . all's fair in love and war! The same with Beth Rigby.

She who lives by the sword (or just behaves like a two-face tw't . . .)

What ....like the royals who visited Edinburgh on there royal train ? Then visited an ambulance depot wtaf? I’d fine them arseholes

upton wirral

Sky have suspended her and three collegues impressed with Sky for this.

Flintshire

"We're all bored of rules and covid. Go girl "

Absolutely

By *ulaMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

John Profumo was the last to resin the rest dont even come close

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, those who run the country have set the standard. As so many senior government representatives have broken the rules without consequence, that it seems unfair to punish anyone.

Cal

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

E"

I’ve known people to bang the drum of persons within this forum, without really questioning who’s drum they bang. Sometimes it seems those who shout the loudest and with most vigour and sentiment maybe pick up those prone to accepting charisma against common sense who, while fighting vehemently their ‘leaders’ position, ignore the negative facets of that persons persona and actions.

upton wirral

To be fair, those who run the country have set the standard. As so many senior government representatives have broken the rules without consequence, that it seems unfair to punish anyone.

Cal"

Just using excuses is pathetic

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

i'm no virgin however if you are going to question/pontificate in public (as a journailst/presenter etc) then prob best to not to give people any ammunition of any sort.

not complaining but is it my imagination or are the moderators less obviously policing this site in the last 6 months than previously?

or are they actually too busy policing to comment?

just curious, not starting anything, before i get chucked off

Scunthorpe

Cal

Just using excuses is pathetic"

It's nothing to do with excuses, just following the example of the country's leaders. I personally think that anyone in the public eye has a responsibility to set a good example, but it seems unfair to allow those at the very top to go unpunished but hammer those lower down... everyone should be treated the same.

Cal

bournemouth

Cal

It's nothing to do with excuses, just following the example of the country's leaders. I personally think that anyone in the public eye has a responsibility to set a good example, but it seems unfair to allow those at the very top to go unpunished but hammer those lower down... everyone should be treated the same.

Cal

"

While there is merit in that view, if you as an organisation and an individual spend huge amounts of time criticising others for breaking the rules if you break them yourself you completely destroy your own credibility if you dont then act in the way you demand of the others caught.

Scunthorpe

Cal

Cal

-----

While there is merit in that view, if you as an organisation and an individual spend huge amounts of time criticising others for breaking the rules if you break them yourself you completely destroy your own credibility if you dont then act in the way you demand of the others caught."

Like the government have?

bournemouth

Are the Government spending hour after hour of air time criticising journalists and door stepping them ignoring the rules themselves. I'm not defending anyone for breaking the rules those in charge need to set a high example but sky et al have spent hours condemning others, if they dont act as an organisation and individuals they will lose all credibility, well what little bit that's left

And the outcomes are . . .

https://news.sky.com/story/kay-burley-agrees-to-be-off-air-for-six-months-after-covid-19-breach-12157105

"And the outcomes are . . .

https://news.sky.com/story/kay-burley-agrees-to-be-off-air-for-six-months-after-covid-19-breach-12157105"

Fair play to Sky, they took some action at least. Guess they had to maintain credibility.

By *hysoseriouslyMan  over a year ago

Kent

What really is the story here though?

I mean.. human gets caught being human?

I understand she did something wrong but let’s take a step back, if every time we broke a rule a work we lost our jobs there would be a hell of a lot of unemployed people about.

Had it stopped her being a good journo? Does it lesson any of the things she has brought to our attention (I don’t watch it but you don’t get these jobs in media if you dint have talent).

Just move her from the “COVID” reporting into something else like maybe “brexit” lol.

But maybe I’m just too forgiving and it’s a much crueler world

"What really is the story here though?

I understand she did something wrong but let’s take a step back, if every time we broke a rule a work we lost our jobs there would be a hell of a lot of unemployed people about.

Had it stopped her being a good journo? Does it lesson any of the things she has brought to our attention (I don’t watch it but you don’t get these jobs in media if you dint have talent).

Just move her from the “COVID” reporting into something else like maybe “brexit” lol.

But maybe I’m just too forgiving and it’s a much crueler world "

it's not just about her credibility, her actions brought Sky into disrepute. They care deeply about their brand, and rightly so.

By * and debbsCouple  over a year ago

Winchester

Go to a garden centre or tescos. Was Kate really that bad celebrating her birthday in a quiet restaurant

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I think when she is taking the moral high ground with other people ,she has to be virtually whiter than white herself.

"

Couldn’t agree more ! If you give it out and act high and mighty you have to take the consequences.....

By *plforme500Man  over a year ago

Shirley

Thoughts on Kay Burley out of interest?

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Burn her ! Burn her at the stake... she’s a witch I tell you

By *elinecdTV/TS  over a year ago

Nr Blackburn

The media coverage during Covid has been outrageous, they spend all their time covering all the negatives. Wont be sorry to see the back of Beth Rigby, cant stand her reporting.

"The media coverage during Covid has been outrageous, they spend all their time covering all the negatives. Wont be sorry to see the back of Beth Rigby, cant stand her reporting."

Same

She doesnt come across as quite unpleasant

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"The media coverage during Covid has been outrageous, they spend all their time covering all the negatives. Wont be sorry to see the back of Beth Rigby, cant stand her reporting.

Same

She doesnt come across as quite unpleasant"

Guess you mean she comes across as unpleasant . Frankly, I think it's good to see the back of her for 3 months

By *ature guy.Man  over a year ago

leeds

Never saw either Kay or Beth show the slightest bit of compassion to any other Covid rule breakers.

(Oops they did go very lightly on Lab MP Stephen Kinnock for driving 200 miles to attend his Father's birthday)

Clearly, they believed that Dom Cummings should have been sacked for breaking Covid rules and pursued the story endlessly.

So I am sure they will be fine about the treatment they are now receiving.

Karma is such a bitch, but it does have it's funny side.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Never saw either Kay or Beth show the slightest bit of compassion to any other Covid rule breakers.

(Oops they did go very lightly on Lab MP Stephen Kinnock for driving 200 miles to attend his Father's birthday)

Clearly, they believed that Dom Cummings should have been sacked for breaking Covid rules and pursued the story endlessly.

So I am sure they will be fine about the treatment they are now receiving.

Karma is such a bitch, but it does have it's funny side.

"

"The media coverage during Covid has been outrageous, they spend all their time covering all the negatives. Wont be sorry to see the back of Beth Rigby, cant stand her reporting.

Same

She doesnt come across as quite unpleasant

Guess you mean she comes across as unpleasant . Frankly, I think it's good to see the back of her for 3 months"

Doh!

I blame the dancing juice

Yes. I meant she's yucky. Lol

Kay Burley thinks she's cutting edge, incisive and formidable when in fact she's nothing more than rude, obnoxious and confrontational. Glad to see the back of her for 6 months. As for her return? Any small shred of credibility she had is gone

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I think her position is pretty untenable moving forward.

She's given her future 'victims' a big stick to hit back with.

Her being taken off air is the best thing to happen to Sky News in ages.

Bring back Sarah Jane Mee

Flintshire

Well done Kay ... nice 6months off ... most probably on full pay ...

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"Well done Kay ... nice 6months off ... most probably on full pay ... "

And she can spend this time to watch her favourite footy team....Arsenal.

Doubled punishment lol.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

Guarantee at least 90% of people in this post have broken covid rules since this nonsense began.

"The media coverage during Covid has been outrageous, they spend all their time covering all the negatives. Wont be sorry to see the back of Beth Rigby, cant stand her reporting."

The South

I was with you until you said "Good journo".......

E

Flintshire

"Guarantee at least 90% of people in this post have broken covid rules since this nonsense began."

Yep exactly .... think I gave up after the first month!!

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Guarantee at least 90% of people in this post have broken covid rules since this nonsense began."

Based on what?

The South

"Guarantee at least 90% of people in this post have broken covid rules since this nonsense began.

Based on what?"

Wishful thinking to assauge a guilty conscience maybe?

E

No rule breaking here

[Removed by poster at 10/12/20 20:32:53]

Law abiding citizens

bournemouth

That may or may not be true but SHE is the one in the public eye criticising others

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Sky News presenter Kay Burley is to stay off-air for six months after admitting breaking Covid rules during a night out for her 60th birthday.

Political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who were among those with her, will be absent for three months.

Tin town

Where do you get that? I guarantee at least 67 % of people broken the rules.

Seriously though... I doubt very much if 90% of people have been to a restaurant in a large group and then back to her place.

I can't stand her attacking everyone else who makes mistakes so should afford her the same decency. Apologise and apply the same rules as to everyone else and move on. Hopefully a bit wiser.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

No doubt she's still going to get paid.

Pretty good that ,half a million quid a year ,, no fine,,,damm who would be a celebrity?

Teesside

"Guarantee at least 90% of people in this post have broken covid rules since this nonsense began.

Where do you get that? I guarantee at least 67 % of people broken the rules.

Seriously though... I doubt very much if 90% of people have been to a restaurant in a large group and then back to her place.

I can't stand her attacking everyone else who makes mistakes so should afford her the same decency. Apologise and apply the same rules as to everyone else and move on. Hopefully a bit wiser. "

Yet she hasn't tho.

1st tweet total mis direction that she was busting for the toilet so hopped into another restaurant for the low. That had fuck all to do with her 2 main covid breechs going out in a group of 10 and worse taking 3 people back to her home to carry on the party!

Her 2nd tweet arrogant as fuck (now taken down) basically saying well I was going to Africa anyway and they dig at least the lions kill for food not sport.

Now her 3 tweet still says she thought she was covid secure in her night out but on review it seeks she wasn't. FUCK OFF she's ripped into enough people who broke rules to know eactly what they are!!

Say what you want about Rita Ora but at least she accepted exactly what she had done wrong an apologize ld for it.

Kay on the other hand clearly thinks she's been hard done by and even now isn't showing any type of grace and owning up properly and apologising for it.

KJ

"Sky News presenter Kay Burley is to stay off-air for six months after admitting breaking Covid rules during a night out for her 60th birthday.

Political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who were among those with her, will be absent for three months."

It's a shame she didn't invite Laura Kuenssburg to the party too.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 10/12/20 22:58:32]

liverpool

"Sky News presenter Kay Burley is to stay off-air for six months after admitting breaking Covid rules during a night out for her 60th birthday.

Political editor Beth Rigby and north of England correspondent Inzamam Rashid, who were among those with her, will be absent for three months.

It's a shame she didn't invite Laura Kuenssburg to the party too. "

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Hard to judge this person when people everywhere for months have been breaching COVID rules. Tables of mixed household singles in Wetherspoons at the weekend. But if your in the public eye you get noticed.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

"Hard to judge this person when people everywhere for months have been breaching COVID rules. Tables of mixed household singles in Wetherspoons at the weekend. But if your in the public eye you get noticed. "

Difference with the people in Wetherspoons they are taking the poss out of the rest of us. What they don't do is slag others off , lecture others on behaviour before off out breaking rules they know full well are wrong. Then claim it's was an error of judgement. They think they are above the rest of us and sky will try to make out they have acted on it.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

From what I’ve read Kay burley had 6 months off still paid. Where’s the consequences to her or Rita Ora and so many others? It’s a joke.

The South

It's a shame she didn't invite Laura Kuenssburg to the party too. "

E

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Thing is there's probably plenty of celebs and toffs flaunting the rules but getting away with it that we don't hear about.

Tin town

"Thing is there's probably plenty of celebs and toffs flaunting the rules but getting away with it that we don't hear about."

Only celebs and toffs? Interesting

KARMA - enjoy now - pay later.

Welcome to Barnard Castle Kay. Your room is ready.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Yesterday gave hug to three persons, then handshake and then we went for coffee together....opss, should i be fined

"Yesterday gave hug to three persons, then handshake and then we went for coffee together....opss, should i be fined "

Hung, drawn, quartered then burned at the stake.

This is the Fab forums after all.

"Yesterday gave hug to three persons, then handshake and then we went for coffee together....opss, should i be fined

This is the Fab forums after all."

This is where absolutely nobody has broken the law.... Ever

Very easy for these celebs to apologise after the event but at what point is enough enough?

I have not seen my brother since last Christmas and I’ve lost my job all as a result of COVID-19

The longer this goes on the more damage to people’s lives and it’s those in the public eye that have a big role to play.

Even worse when it is someone who on TV each morning criticises others for such activities

Tin town

"Yesterday gave hug to three persons, then handshake and then we went for coffee together....opss, should i be fined

This is the Fab forums after all.

This is where absolutely nobody has broken the law.... Ever"

No just do their best to stop spreading the infection. There's one way out of this situation and we all have our own responsibilities.

"Yesterday gave hug to three persons, then handshake and then we went for coffee together....opss, should i be fined "

Why would you do that? Why not take the most basic of precautions? Why sound so proud of yourself?

The South

Slapped, not fined.

Why are people so pleased with themselves when they've broken the guidelines? I don't understand it.

E

She needs fabbing!

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Who gives a f..k,lol

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

I think she read the news naked for 12 months

Cant stand her. Shes awful

She knew what she was doing plus the next day after the party she was going to report from a old folks home with 80 & 90 years olds having the first covid injections now what if she did spread it to them? Inconsiderate bitch!

Can’t beat the innocent weather girls, who looks at the weather? I look at the tits!

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

speak for yourself pumpkin

KJ

I was being sarcastic, sorry if that did not portray, I will try harder next time "

Hahahahahaha class

It’s an easy one this. When you are the face tasked with quizzing and scrutinising the politicians, you can’t then be equally guilty of the same errors. She should know how sensitive her job is and in my opinion she might as well face the sack as she’s lost significant credibility

By *iclassyCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Just comes across as arrogant and thinks she knows it all.So glad she's been taken of air..

Burley's apology was veiled in excuses, so no proper apology given. In contrast Beth Rigby apologised fully and comprehensively.

I for one can't wait to see her on television again, I want to see her ask politicians and other public figures to explain their behaviour/s while keeping a straight face.

I think politicians and celebs' will 'ask' for Burley et-al, knowing full well they have a perfectly packaged defense in the mirror of her behaviour.

In truth however I think it will debilitate her and Beth Rigby far beyond their individual sanctions. Beth Rigby in particular - she's a front-line journalist after all. Burley mostly just second-hands the news brought to her into the studio and repeats it to us the viewers. That's what studio anchors do. Most real Journo's see them as failed journalists-at-large.

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

I havent read many of the posts here but have we now gotten to the point where any indiscretion by people in the public eye require them to be fired/resign. I've broken the covid rules, not in a major way but I've done it, should I lose my job?. Im just wondering at what point we accept that an apology is OK and what is actually a firing offence and not just with covid...now im sure I'll get loads of pointed responses but I'm simply asking a question. Reasonable responses are welcome

By *ete le MeatMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire/ Notts

Sack her. She's an annoying cow who struts around the studio like she's the big "I am"

"I havent read many of the posts here but have we now gotten to the point where any indiscretion by people in the public eye require them to be fired/resign. I've broken the covid rules, not in a major way but I've done it, should I lose my job?. Im just wondering at what point we accept that an apology is OK and what is actually a firing offence and not just with covid...now im sure I'll get loads of pointed responses but I'm simply asking a question. Reasonable responses are welcome "

I think after year of COVID and it's associated restrictions people's tolerance levels have understandably diminished. Especially when combined with the blatant double standards applied between the normal person in the street and public figures.

bournemouth

"I havent read many of the posts here but have we now gotten to the point where any indiscretion by people in the public eye require them to be fired/resign. I've broken the covid rules, not in a major way but I've done it, should I lose my job?. Im just wondering at what point we accept that an apology is OK and what is actually a firing offence and not just with covid...now im sure I'll get loads of pointed responses but I'm simply asking a question. Reasonable responses are welcome "

I agree that millions have bent/broken the rules but the difference between them and the sky mob are the normal people arent preaching to the country and criticising politicians for their errors demanding they resign for doing less than this woman has, she has to do want she demands of others, instead she did the same as they have, tried to hide from the whole truth while thinking they are above the average person

Tin town

"I havent read many of the posts here but have we now gotten to the point where any indiscretion by people in the public eye require them to be fired/resign. I've broken the covid rules, not in a major way but I've done it, should I lose my job?. Im just wondering at what point we accept that an apology is OK and what is actually a firing offence and not just with covid...now im sure I'll get loads of pointed responses but I'm simply asking a question. Reasonable responses are welcome

I agree that millions have bent/broken the rules but the difference between them and the sky mob are the normal people arent preaching to the country and criticising politicians for their errors demanding they resign for doing less than this woman has, she has to do want she demands of others, instead she did the same as they have, tried to hide from the whole truth while thinking they are above the average person"

It's a really good point. We have become incredibly judgemental and unforgiving. People are human and make mistakes and deserve chances to improve. In the context of the hypocrisy and her influence and how hard she has gone after others who have made mistakes.... Yeah she should resign, go to jail do not pass go do not collect 200 pounds. But given that with the exception of students (who are a soft target... Like kicking a puppy) the rules are barely enforced. The rules should be applied fairly to all people. And if others did the same.. (didn't corbyn do something similar?) everyone should have the same consequences.

It doesn't reflect well on our society how brutal we have become.

bournemouth

Is it society that become brutal or is it the media creating news to fill the time slots,create click bait etc. Most of the "normal" people I know realise that people are fallible and forgive them, the media set themselves up as judge jury and executioner, they need to act in the same manner they demand of others

What made me laugh was her program this morning....her "stand in" said she was off air as she was "moving house"....

Tin town

"Is it society that become brutal or is it the media creating news to fill the time slots,create click bait etc. Most of the "normal" people I know realise that people are fallible and forgive them, the media set themselves up as judge jury and executioner, they need to act in the same manner they demand of others "

Absolutely 100%. The quality on the "news" outlets now is universally awful. They also (using their search engine promotion algorithms) serve up old headlines to obtain clicks. It's disgusting.

The South

My first thought was don't sack her, just get her off air for a while.

But given how she rabidly pursued others getting the sack for their transgretions, maybe a little rough justice wouldn't go amiss.

E

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"I havent read many of the posts here but have we now gotten to the point where any indiscretion by people in the public eye require them to be fired/resign. I've broken the covid rules, not in a major way but I've done it, should I lose my job?. Im just wondering at what point we accept that an apology is OK and what is actually a firing offence and not just with covid...now im sure I'll get loads of pointed responses but I'm simply asking a question. Reasonable responses are welcome

I agree that millions have bent/broken the rules but the difference between them and the sky mob are the normal people arent preaching to the country and criticising politicians for their errors demanding they resign for doing less than this woman has, she has to do want she demands of others, instead she did the same as they have, tried to hide from the whole truth while thinking they are above the average person

It's a really good point. We have become incredibly judgemental and unforgiving. People are human and make mistakes and deserve chances to improve. In the context of the hypocrisy and her influence and how hard she has gone after others who have made mistakes.... Yeah she should resign, go to jail do not pass go do not collect 200 pounds. But given that with the exception of students (who are a soft target... Like kicking a puppy) the rules are barely enforced. The rules should be applied fairly to all people. And if others did the same.. (didn't corbyn do something similar?) everyone should have the same consequences.

It doesn't reflect well on our society how brutal we have become. "

My point exactly!!! Media and social media has given us unimaginable access to the lives of others and in doing so has made us all judge jury and executioner. But if we actually took time considered and reflected instead of jumping to the keybord and then maybe more reasoned responses would prevail

By *ymph and ManicCouple  over a year ago

North East

6 months gardening leave isn’t really any sort of punishment. ... ... and her fellow colleagues 4months of same gardening leave. ??? ??? Not even a slap on the wrists ffs.

She’s been suspended for six months (on full-pay!). Things should be in the review/enquiry stage but she no longer has a leg to stand on interrogating politician and alleged indiscretions. Same with Political Editor Beth Rigby (three month suspension, full-pay!). How can they hold public figures to account now they’ve transgressed.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

She’s been suspended for six months (on full-pay!). Things should be in the review/enquiry stage but she no longer has a leg to stand on interrogating politician and alleged indiscretions. Same with Political Editor Beth Rigby (three month suspension, full-pay!). How can they hold public figures to account now they’ve transgressed. "

Exactly. Their punishment is 3 months off work. How awful for them

upton wirral

"6 months gardening leave isn’t really any sort of punishment. ... ... and her fellow colleagues 4months of same gardening leave. ??? ??? Not even a slap on the wrists ffs. "
Should have been sacked

By *actilemale4uMan  over a year ago

London

Bit tricky asking politicians if they should resign for their error of judgement

» Add a new message to this topic