FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who is right

Who is right

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

My friend flies to Tenerife tomorrow and it has just been announced that she will need to self isolate for 14days on return which would mean a very lonely Xmas. However she is saying that when she returns she will just get tested and when it returns clear she will not need to isolate. I think she is mistaken and should remain in isolation for the 14days. Is she rght or wrong?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She is mistaken because all the test does is say that you do not have covid right now.

The reason you have to quarantine for 14 days is because it has a 2 week incubation period So if she doesn't self isolate she could get a whopping fine Or even worse pass it on to someone else.

Same as what the lady above just said. She's wrong and should stay indoors for the isolation period

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"My friend flies to Tenerife tomorrow and it has just been announced that she will need to self isolate for 14days on return which would mean a very lonely Xmas. However she is saying that when she returns she will just get tested and when it returns clear she will not need to isolate. I think she is mistaken and should remain in isolation for the 14days. Is she rght or wrong?."
Wrong obviously if that was the case they would be telling everyone just to test rather than isolate .

Also why would she use up resources of testing with no symptoms ?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

She sounds as though she is not bothered anyway and will do what she wants then blame the government that the virus is getting worse

Glasgowish

"She is mistaken because all the test does is say that you do not have covid right now.

The reason you have to quarantine for 14 days is because it has a 2 week incubation period So if she doesn't self isolate she could get a whopping fine Or even worse pass it on to someone else.

"

This is exactly what i thought.

By *uv2playsoonCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

I think you both might be right, I think they are changing the rules to get a test after 5 days of being at home to prove you are not positive.

Also

Tenerife has much lower infection rates than the UK SO probably safer on holiday. Not that it makes any difference to the rules.

By *leasureMaxDanMan  over a year ago

World Wide Web

"My friend flies to Tenerife tomorrow and it has just been announced that she will need to self isolate for 14days on return which would mean a very lonely Xmas. However she is saying that when she returns she will just get tested and when it returns clear she will not need to isolate. I think she is mistaken and should remain in isolation for the 14days. Is she rght or wrong?."

As of the 15th of December if you show negative test after 5 days of isolation, you're good to go.

"I think you both might be right, I think they are changing the rules to get a test after 5 days of being at home to prove you are not positive.

Also

Tenerife has much lower infection rates than the UK SO probably safer on holiday. Not that it makes any difference to the rules."

That is something they are considering but isn't in the case right now so probably wouldn't cover the OP's friend.

"My friend flies to Tenerife tomorrow and it has just been announced that she will need to self isolate for 14days on return which would mean a very lonely Xmas. However she is saying that when she returns she will just get tested and when it returns clear she will not need to isolate. I think she is mistaken and should remain in isolation for the 14days. Is she rght or wrong?.

As of the 15th of December if you show negative test after 5 days of isolation, you're good to go. "

Thats only in travel corridor countries and I don't think Tenerife is one of those at the moment.

By *uv2playsoonCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

I've just checked the rates per 100000 people.

Teneriffe is 76 and the UK over 300.

I'm thinking a holiday would definitely be safer lol

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I think you both might be right, I think they are changing the rules to get a test after 5 days of being at home to prove you are not positive.

Also

Tenerife has much lower infection rates than the UK SO probably safer on holiday. Not that it makes any difference to the rules."

Where are you getting the infection rates for tenerife?

By *leasureMaxDanMan  over a year ago

World Wide Web

"My friend flies to Tenerife tomorrow and it has just been announced that she will need to self isolate for 14days on return which would mean a very lonely Xmas. However she is saying that when she returns she will just get tested and when it returns clear she will not need to isolate. I think she is mistaken and should remain in isolation for the 14days. Is she rght or wrong?.

As of the 15th of December if you show negative test after 5 days of isolation, you're good to go.

Thats only in travel corridor countries and I don't think Tenerife is one of those at the moment."

I thought it was, might be wrong.

Glasgowish

She said isolation rules are for England and not Scotland?

Thats only in travel corridor countries and I don't think Tenerife is one of those at the moment. I thought it was, might be wrong. "

I might be wrong also but I think that if I was gonna go to Tenerife I would definitely check it out so maybe she is right.

"She said isolation rules are for England and not Scotland?"

I actually thought Scotland's rules were tighter than ours.

I've just copy this for me government website so unless they haven't updated the advice I think she might be right.

The FCDO advises against all but essential travel to:

Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

The requirement to self-isolate on return to the UK from the Canary Islands was lifted on 25 October. You must still self-isolate if returning to the UK from any other part of Spain.

Glasgowish

"I've just copy this for me government website so unless they haven't updated the advice I think she might be right.

Spain, including the Balearic Islands but excluding the Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks.

The requirement to self-isolate on return to the UK from the Canary Islands was lifted on 25 October. You must still self-isolate if returning to the UK from any other part of Spain."

Think new announcement was made today which includes Tenerife

"I've just copy this for me government website so unless they haven't updated the advice I think she might be right.

The requirement to self-isolate on return to the UK from the Canary Islands was lifted on 25 October. You must still self-isolate if returning to the UK from any other part of Spain.

Think new announcement was made today which includes Tenerife"

Yes I've just read that somewhere maybe they just haven't updated the information on the government website. I can't see why she's confused those.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Check for her country of residence and return date, as there seems to be a growth in changes coming about. The England government has talked for weeks of changes and they may start. The Welsh government has outlined changes too. She needs to remain open to newrr changes being announced and introduced before she returns.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

If she does not wish to pay for the new private scheme test then age will have to isolate for 14 days

The new scheme comes into place on 15th December

Under the scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test. The earliest you can take the test is 5 full days after you left a destination not on the travel corridor list. If the result is negative, you can stop self-isolating.

Full details in link, including that to take part you must declare it on the passenger information form and boom your private test before returning.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

You can pretty well guarantee that the rules will change while she is away. During this covid year, nobody should be travelling anywhere abroad without having plans in place for self-quarantine on return. In the event that the quarantine should not be required, they can consider themselves fortunate. In the more likely circumstance that the quarantine is needed, they have made the allowance for it and can be relieved that their holiday will not be putting other people's lives at risk.

(I will keep to myself my opinions about anybody that is told they should quarantine and chooses not to, thus putting other people at serious risk of death or disability.)

"I've just checked the rates per 100000 people.

I'm thinking a holiday would definitely be safer lol"

tenerife also got really restricted rules on capacity of venues still and an 11pm curfew (as in illegal to be outside at all) at the moment to bring numbers down before in the hope can allow more freedom over xmas

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I've just checked the rates per 100000 people.

I'm thinking a holiday would definitely be safer lol

tenerife also got really restricted rules on capacity of venues still and an 11pm curfew (as in illegal to be outside at all) at the moment to bring numbers down before in the hope can allow more freedom over xmas

"

Jealous... A couple of weeks of sun, safety, sangria, sand... Or Britain in winter. Hmmm

"She is mistaken because all the test does is say that you do not have covid right now.

"

That's how I understand it also. Alternatively, if caught she could always try the celebrity route...make a grovelling public apology on social media, thereby making everything ok again

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

That's how I understand it also. Alternatively, if caught she could always try the celebrity route...make a grovelling public apology on social media, thereby making everything ok again "

The new scheme comes in on 15 December re testing & isolation, so she could do that if she pays for a test... link earlier in the thread

[Removed by poster at 11/12/20 12:04:10]

"[Removed by poster at 11/12/20 12:04:10]"
Isolation reducde to 10 days now

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

She’s wrong the 14 days is to allow for incubation period .... unless there is some kind of agreement between countries I don’t keep track: it’s likely to be 10 days now though.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

As of the 15th of December if you show negative test after 5 days of isolation, you're good to go. "

This.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"If she does not wish to pay for the new private scheme test then age will have to isolate for 14 days

The new scheme comes into place on 15th December

Under the scheme you can choose to pay for a private COVID-19 test. The earliest you can take the test is 5 full days after you left a destination not on the travel corridor list. If the result is negative, you can stop self-isolating.

Full details in link, including that to take part you must declare it on the passenger information form and boom your private test before returning.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-test-to-release-for-international-travel"

this

» Add a new message to this topic