Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dd269 OP   Man  over a year ago

Clee

Wish I still lived in UAE.

They’ve been getting COVID vaccinations since September in Dubai

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iss.ddWoman  over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

They only registered their vaccine a couple of days ago so what have they been dishing out?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

They only have a populaton of 3.3 million so vaccinating everyone shouldn't take long.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"Wish I still lived in UAE.

They’ve been getting COVID vaccinations since September in Dubai"

Doubtful

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Money talks. I spend a a fair amount of time in the Emirates and have been impressed how they have managed things so far.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Money talks. I spend a a fair amount of time in the Emirates and have been impressed how they have managed things so far. "

Are they socially distancing etc? Any changes to their daily lives? Masks? Gatherings? Pubs opening?

North Bucks

"Money talks. I spend a a fair amount of time in the Emirates and have been impressed how they have managed things so far.

Are they socially distancing etc? Any changes to their daily lives? Masks? Gatherings? Pubs opening? "

Complimentary PCR tests on arrival. Costs covered if you test positive (by the airline) Hotels and venues open with social distancing.

Outside of the tourist/business population the residents are more socially conservative anyway.

Plus great healthcare.

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

"Money talks. I spend a a fair amount of time in the Emirates and have been impressed how they have managed things so far.

Are they socially distancing etc? Any changes to their daily lives? Masks? Gatherings? Pubs opening?

Complimentary PCR tests on arrival. Costs covered if you test positive (by the airline) Hotels and venues open with social distancing.

Outside of the tourist/business population the residents are more socially conservative anyway.

Plus great healthcare.

"

Sounds like the land of milk and honey, well for the rich anyway.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Great, don’t have any extramarital sex though otherwise you might to imprisoned, flogged or stoned!

Considering that there TV was reporting on the 91 yr old in Coventry being the first to be vaccinated in the world it seems unlikely that they have been getting COVID vaccinations since September!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

First in the world with that particular vaccine. The China vaccine has already been used elsewhere

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Yes - that land of democracy and freedoms

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plus great healthcare.

"

strange because im almost positive on testing for travel threads people have been stressed out their head to get pcr tests within 48 hours of the time they board their flight to some of the uae countries or they would be refused boarding

Plus great healthcare.

Sounds like the land of milk and honey, well for the rich anyway. "

Built upon an acceptable form of modern day slavery looking good on the surface. Labour shipped in from mainly south /south East Asia, living in bunk house accomodation, provided universal work overalls, bused in from accomodation camps outside the city to all the work sites and work 6-7 days a week with no integration into society

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

Some people do talk nonsense!

North Bucks

Plus great healthcare.

strange because im almost positive on testing for travel threads people have been stressed out their head to get pcr tests within 48 hours of the time they board their flight to some of the uae countries or they would be refused boarding "

Yes the PCR tests this side are hit and miss to get hold of but that’s nothing to do with the Emirates.

Airport side and in the Emirates the testing is easier to access.

North Bucks

Plus great healthcare.

Built upon an acceptable form of modern day slavery looking good on the surface. Labour shipped in from mainly south /south East Asia, living in bunk house accomodation, provided universal work overalls, bused in from accomodation camps outside the city to all the work sites and work 6-7 days a week with no integration into society"

Yeah that’s never mentioned sadly. I was in Qatar last November and the World Cup infrastructure is built on human misery.

The kafala system, which has been described as modern-day slavery, leaves migrant laborers vulnerable to human trafficking and forced labor practices, and has resulted in gross human rights abuses.18 The system is described as a form of ‘structural violence’ by which employers confiscate passports and report “absconding” workers to authorities to avoid punishment themselves. To secure an employment contract they have to pay £4000 which takes between 18-24 months to recuperate. On arrival their passports are taken from them, for security reasons.

Nearly 90% of the foreign work force is made up of this group. The remaining 10% is made up of western white collar workers (2%) and other semi professionals.

Their health care does not extend to the 90%.

Sadly most of the 2% of white collar workers know nothing about the conditions of the 90% as they are cocooned and shielded.

It's a great place indeed.

Plus great healthcare.

Built upon an acceptable form of modern day slavery looking good on the surface. Labour shipped in from mainly south /south East Asia, living in bunk house accomodation, provided universal work overalls, bused in from accomodation camps outside the city to all the work sites and work 6-7 days a week with no integration into society

Yeah that’s never mentioned sadly. I was in Qatar last November and the World Cup infrastructure is built on human misery. "

It's an issue close to my heart and something I have been engaged in for over 15 years. Human trafficking and modern day slavery is is the world's second largest criminal activity ahead of arms and only just behind drugs. Unless people stop ignoring/accepting it or worse become complacently part of the problem it will soon over take drugs, as unlike drugs, it's a resusable commodity.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes a bit of education and information is needed.

Drops the Mike.

North Bucks

Plus great healthcare.

Yeah that’s never mentioned sadly. I was in Qatar last November and the World Cup infrastructure is built on human misery.

It's an issue close to my heart and something I have been engaged in for over 15 years. Human trafficking and modern day slavery is is the world's second largest criminal activity ahead of arms and only just behind drugs. Unless people stop ignoring/accepting it or worse become complacently part of the problem it will soon over take drugs, as unlike drugs, it's a resusable commodity.

Drops the Mike."

No need to be sorry geezer. Seen some horrendous things on my travels. But money talks in these places and it’s swept under the carpet.

The OP is correct though in saying they had started vaccination program in July.

" It began in July and the vaccine was given emergency authorisation for use by UAE front-line workers in September." BBC

It was kept quiet as it was only authorised by the use government and not by any recognised medical boards.

I'm not sure I would have wanted it given under those conditions. It raises the question as to how great their health care really is if it allows such proceedures to be implemented like that without due proper regulation. And secondly it would seem this amazing health care system was being used as guinea pigs, no doubt for the nationals.

"The OP is correct though in saying they had started vaccination program in July.

" It began in July and the vaccine was given emergency authorisation for use by UAE front-line workers in September." BBC

It was kept quiet as it was only authorised by the use government and not by any recognised medical boards.

I'm not sure I would have wanted it given under those conditions. It raises the question as to how great their health care really is if it allows such proceedures to be implemented like that without due proper regulation. And secondly it would seem this amazing health care system was being used as guinea pigs, no doubt for the nationals."

UAE government not use*

"They only registered their vaccine a couple of days ago so what have they been dishing out?"

The Chinese one.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"

strange because im almost positive on testing for travel threads people have been stressed out their head to get pcr tests within 48 hours of the time they board their flight to some of the uae countries or they would be refused boarding "

Yeah but that's because airline and entry requirements for foreigners are very different to what is available for the wealthy nationals and not available to the majority of people resident.

Tin town

Plus great healthcare.

Drops the Mike."

Interesting, I wonder how much main stream media coverage we've seen about this in the last year? The world Cup sponsors and products fabricated at slave labour rates. As you say... Knowledge and education may help people come to better decisions of what they choose to invest, buy, wear, travel, support.... I'm surprised that there is not more of a market for ethically sourced products and services.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

What I read on Saturday re

Dubai was as follows . Visitors, need, to have, proof of a negative test result taken 96 hours before departure or alternatively you can take a PCR test on arrival. If your test result turns out positive you will have to self isolate in a government controlled facility for 14 days

All travellers, have to ensure their travel insurance covers th for covid

By *adame 2SwordsWoman  over a year ago

Victoria, London

I think its a dry country so only bars in hotels

Tin town

"I think its a dry country so only bars in hotels"

Sure, I guess my point is, if you have people who do as they need to do reduce the spread. If you take alcohol and bar culture largely out of the equation, if you enforce things strongly... You can have success in managing the virus. If like us you have next to zero enforcement, a large minority of the population disregarding what needs to be done to slow or even stop the spread... A bar and alcohol culture that encourages lack of responsibility...you get, rather predictably, a different outcome. We have the power to stop the spread.

"What I read on Saturday re

Dubai was as follows . Visitors, need, to have, proof of a negative test result taken 96 hours before departure or alternatively you can take a PCR test on arrival. If your test result turns out positive you will have to self isolate in a government controlled facility for 14 days

All travellers, have to ensure their travel insurance covers th for covid "

I'd guarantee than anyone traveling there with the idea to take the PCR test will have to self isolate. This is because the PCR 'test' was never used to prove but to confirm the presence of something already known or suspected to be or had been present. What the PCR 'test' does is amplify thousands and millions of times any DNA evidence, this will include any dead old remaining cell tissue and will turn a so called positive result, which in a case of dead cell tissue is actually a negative. It just confirms that the is some residual cell tissue and the patient may have had covid at some time in the past. You can Google this easily enough and listen to numerous virologists explaining this better than myself and as to why the infection numbers aren't accurate as a result of using PCR tests.

So if you want to fly and not be quarantined, get a test just before flying and not a PCR one.

"I think its a dry country so only bars in hotels

Sure, I guess my point is, if you have people who do as they need to do reduce the spread. If you take alcohol and bar culture largely out of the equation, if you enforce things strongly... You can have success in managing the virus. If like us you have next to zero enforcement, a large minority of the population disregarding what needs to be done to slow or even stop the spread... A bar and alcohol culture that encourages lack of responsibility...you get, rather predictably, a different outcome. We have the power to stop the spread. "

Spot on.

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

"What I read on Saturday re

All travellers, have to ensure their travel insurance covers th for covid "

A bit of a kick in the balls if your going for a 2 week holliday

By *andJDubaiCouple  over a year ago

Dubai, with visits to Edinburgh and London

We love out here. It’s a population of around 10m including expats, it’s only front line works in healthcare getting the vaccine.

Otherwise nothing so far for anyone else. With regards to social life, as soon as you leave your house you have to wear a face mask. But all bars (of which there are many), restaurants and gyms are back open as are theatres and the opera.

Non-married couples are allowed to live together and there is a bit of swinging scene but it’s very very underground.

Think that answered most of the questions raised in this thread.

Agree it sounds like the land of milk and honey, but as soon as your finances hit the skids it’s a hurried place to be.

They have managed very strict restrictions on the start of the pandemic keeping police drones flying over areas where they needed restrictions. Stoping amy body getting out with out a good reason hence why they got the top facility at airport with electronic machines checking for covid symptoms body scanners. Its just incredible the devices they got installed, i suprised to see on youtube, hence why it did not spread their, cause they managed it well nd kept it in control.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Sounds like a mass trial

By *D pleasuresMan  over a year ago

Abu Dhabi/ Fuerteventura/Moscow

its amazing how many people on this site have sooo much knowledge about this country and either have never visited or don't even live here.....let me put you all straight once and for all...emirates have made ALL visitors, form all walks of life, all nationalities SAFE.

We have gone through the most stringent of lockdowns with sanitisation of public areas, curfews in the evenings with NO travel even to the local shops, mass PCR testing FREE of charge, preventative travel measures and free hospitalisation to ensure the virus doesn't spread

Now the current situation is that as of next week we are to be given more freedom travel as the numbers are the lowest of any nation....and for the people who live here, expat or locals, we have been undertaking the vaccinations since August this year and this has been trialed with great success. Yes UK may be the first to offer the vaccine to a member of the public via NHS, but UAE has been doing this for some months

IF you have never been here, never worked here, one would suggest that you get your facts right before you comment on this country, i has been here for 10 years and its BETTER than the shower of shit country i was born in (UK)....

harrow

"They have managed very strict restrictions on the start of the pandemic keeping police drones flying over areas where they needed restrictions. Stoping amy body getting out with out a good reason hence why they got the top facility at airport with electronic machines checking for covid symptoms body scanners. Its just incredible the devices they got installed, i suprised to see on youtube, hence why it did not spread their, cause they managed it well nd kept it in control."

Yes of course - all amazing which is why Dubai has a higher infection rate than the UK currently! 1196 infections yesterday and rising . That's equivalent to 24000 daily here so not great figures from Dubai!

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

My neighbour has just been for a few days holiday in Dubai and everything was fine until just before he was due to leave when one of his contacts tested positive. He said he was lucky to get out of the country before he was made to quarantine.

Plus great healthcare.

strange because im almost positive on testing for travel threads people have been stressed out their head to get pcr tests within 48 hours of the time they board their flight to some of the uae countries or they would be refused boarding

Yes the PCR tests this side are hit and miss to get hold of but that’s nothing to do with the Emirates.

"

my point was if you need the test to board the plane to arrive in the country why would they be providing free test on arrival , and the airline covering everyones costs if positive ... you were negative already getting on the flight

North Bucks

Plus great healthcare.

my point was if you need the test to board the plane to arrive in the country why would they be providing free test on arrival , and the airline covering everyones costs if positive ... you were negative already getting on the flight "

I would rather have a negative test to go out than worry about getting a test out there that’s positive and spend 14 days in a hotel isolating.

harrow

Plus great healthcare.

my point was if you need the test to board the plane to arrive in the country why would they be providing free test on arrival , and the airline covering everyones costs if positive ... you were negative already getting on the flight "

The PCR test upon arrival is to be paid for by the passenger

North Bucks

Plus great healthcare.

my point was if you need the test to board the plane to arrive in the country why would they be providing free test on arrival , and the airline covering everyones costs if positive ... you were negative already getting on the flight

The PCR test upon arrival is to be paid for by the passenger"

I didn’t pay for anything when I flew in from a GCC state.

All if which is highly illegal here and if caught could land you with some massive fines and prison. The government here have been very pro active in stopping this! I often hear about modern day slav*ry. In fact only recently there was a news report on bust that landed alot of people in prison. Then the police and the goverment refunded all the money that had been taken to workers, paid for accommodation and food and found new employment for them.

» Add a new message to this topic