FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Is there a micro-biologist in the House?

Is there a micro-biologist in the House?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

We have all the other professions lol.

Doesn't it seems like there is going to be a price to pay for all this sanitizer that we are happily flushing into our eco-system?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Please ignore the very poorly constructed sentences above lol - read through the trash to get the meaning.

I think that my fingers actually don't give a shit what my brain is thinking!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

You called

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We have all the other professions lol.

Doesn't it seems like there is going to be a price to pay for all this sanitizer that we are happily flushing into our eco-system?"

I think that was the case before covid

It cant be good for us to clean everything to within an inch of its life

"You called "

Then posit a thought lol.

Doesn't it seems like there is going to be a price to pay for all this sanitizer that we are happily flushing into our eco-system?

It cant be good for us to clean everything to within an inch of its life"

Yea, Hear you, but for example at the club we have always had hand sanitizer 10 years and more. It gets used but nothing like it should have been. Now we are using millions of liters a day all potential to hit the drains one way or another. And that will continue long into the future.

[Removed by poster at 12/12/20 15:22:28]

It cant be good for us to clean everything to within an inch of its life

Yea, Hear you, but for example at the club we have always had hand sanitizer 10 years and more. It gets used but nothing like it should have been. Now we are using millions of liters a day all potential to hit the drains one way or another. And that will continue long into the future."

Having said that, I wouldnt want to go back to the days of 20 families using one toilet, and cholera being rife.

God only knows where the fallout from Covid will take us. Its not just the sanitizer but the amount of single use plastic and masks we're using

"[Removed by poster at 12/12/20 15:22:28]"

But it still gets into the eco-system.

Hand sanitiser is alcohol which evaporates quickly, that's how it 'dries'

When it comes to washing your hands, it's already gone so it's not going down the drain.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Don’t use the stuff ... wash my hands

North West

The santiser is 70% alcohol (usually propan-2-ol) and this isn't classed as an environmental hazard.

The HSE website has a section about approved sanitiser products, which are authorised for sale and are therefore checked for environmental impact:

"Choosing hand sanitisers and surface disinfectants to use during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic"

(I don't dare put a link to the HSE, although it's a perfectly legitimate site)

"The santiser is 70% alcohol (usually propan-2-ol) and this isn't classed as an environmental hazard.

The HSE website has a section about approved sanitiser products, which are authorised for sale and are therefore checked for environmental impact:

"Choosing hand sanitisers and surface disinfectants to use during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic"

(I don't dare put a link to the HSE, although it's a perfectly legitimate site)"

Exactly.

It's the cheaper ones which have additives which can be bad, but covid has brought about better awareness so people are opting for alcohol based sanitiser now.

Some surface sanitisers are chlorine based, which is perfectly fine too.

Wastewater goes through an extensive cleaning proccess. It's not as if our drains lead directly to rivers.

sanitizer ok when you cannt wash hands

best thing is hot water and and soap

"The santiser is 70% alcohol (usually propan-2-ol) and this isn't classed as an environmental hazard.

(I don't dare put a link to the HSE, although it's a perfectly legitimate site)"

"Don’t use the stuff ... wash my hands "

Simply not possible in the middle of a supermarket, or a fuel nozzle in a petrol station and a dozen other places.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Don’t use the stuff ... wash my hands "

Me neither soap and water never used the stuff sister is obsessed with it lol x

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Doesn't it seems like there is going to be a price to pay for all this sanitizer that we are happily flushing into our eco-system?"

Only goes down the drain if you pour it down there

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Pollution of our natural world is a major problem but its many of the other products and chemicals that we use that are likely to be a problem.

The stuff we use that causes bacterial resistance is an issue, in a parallel obsesseion with cleanliness.

The many chemicals that persist potentially for months and years should be a concern, including pesticides.

I don't use much sanitiser, as it seems to dry my skin too much

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"

Definitely don't risk it. I got a 24 hour ban for posting a link to a government website site.

By *ucky24Man  over a year ago

Lowestoft

Firstly all this antibacterial is actually not different to ordinary soap.

Growing up in Glasgow we used to chip in and share a bottle of juice or ginger as we called it. We never had nova virus that is so prevalent in today's society.

We maybe developed an immunity to those things.

All I know as soon as nova rears it's ugly head I used to be on cleaning/sterilising duty to stop it spreading in the household as I was the only one it did not floor.

So maybe something in this "too clean" environment?

North West

"Firstly all this antibacterial is actually not different to ordinary soap.

Growing up in Glasgow we used to chip in and share a bottle of juice or ginger as we called it. We never had nova virus that is so prevalent in today's society.

All I know as soon as nova rears it's ugly head I used to be on cleaning/sterilising duty to stop it spreading in the household as I was the only one it did not floor.

So maybe something in this "too clean" environment? "

What the heck is nova virus?

Hand santiser containing 70% propan-2-ol is very different to soap but has the same overall effect on bacteria and, to a lesser extent, viruses.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

My hand sanitiser is 80% alloe vera and 20 % rubbing alcohol ( is this harful?) ..overall not really that damaging to the planet I would think ?

North West

"My hand sanitiser is 80% alloe vera and 20 % rubbing alcohol ( is this harful?) ..overall not really that damaging to the planet I would think ? "

Not harmful to much. 20% rubbing alcohol isn't going to kill many pathogens unfortunately. You've mainly got aloe vera hand gel there. Needs to have a much higher % of alcohol.

Hand santiser containing 70% propan-2-ol is very different to soap but has the same overall effect on bacteria and, to a lesser extent, viruses."

Novavirus is diarrhea, vomiting and nausea.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Hand santiser containing 70% propan-2-ol is very different to soap but has the same overall effect on bacteria and, to a lesser extent, viruses.

Novavirus is diarrhea, vomiting and nausea."

You mean the norovirus?

KJ

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

one of the girls who works at our place is constantly sanatising or washing her hands so much they look red raw and skin is cracking.she must be doing it 20 to 30 times a day and that just at work no idea how much she does it outside of work but her hands look sore

Having read through about 15 Health websites (non written by David Icke) There seems to be a real risk to the environment from many of the ingredients in Sanitizers.

Sadly I can't post the links but simply search 'environmental damage of sanitizers'. Most don't just contain Alcohol and Aloe

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"Having read through about 15 Health websites (non written by David Icke) There seems to be a real risk to the environment from many of the ingredients in Sanitizers.

Sadly I can't post the links but simply search 'environmental damage of sanitizers'. Most don't just contain Alcohol and Aloe"

Its not just sanitizer that causes damage. Soaps especially anti bac ones have a similar ingredients and more will get washed down the drain. But what alternative do we have.

(I don't dare put a link to the HSE, although it's a perfectly legitimate site)

Exactly.

It's the cheaper ones which have additives which can be bad, but covid has brought about better awareness so people are opting for alcohol based sanitiser now.

Some surface sanitisers are chlorine based, which is perfectly fine too.

Wastewater goes through an extensive cleaning proccess. It's not as if our drains lead directly to rivers."

Back in August Australia found covid 19 in untreated waste water, America and The Netherlands the reported the same soon afterwards. None of this should be if any surprise though.

As with any pandemic life changes and we move on, adapting and living. We as humans were made for change, never static, forward or backwards.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Kills 99'of germs forget the virus just dread all the antibacterial bugs we make arghhhhh

North West

Wastewater in the UK (and all developed countries) is treated before it's discharged to the environment so any cleaning chemicals etc should be removed. The list on the HSE website (see earlier message), is of cleaning/sanitiser products that have been approved from an environmental impact.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"one of the girls who works at our place is constantly sanatising or washing her hands so much they look red raw and skin is cracking.she must be doing it 20 to 30 times a day and that just at work no idea how much she does it outside of work but her hands look sore"

Poor woman... her natural skin barrier has been breached so she'll be far more susceptible to all the micora that typically lives on our skin and that our skin normally comes into contact with. She's maybe better wearing gloves and so she can wash less frequently. Though it sounds like she's a bit OCD. Which i don't blame her for in these times. I already had this uncanny ability to 'see' microbes pre-covid... all thanks to microbiology classes as an undergrad. The idea of Covid on all these surfaces played havoc with me at the start but thankfully I'm not driven to sanitize every surface and my hands anymore.

The jury was out on viruses before covid and i take the view that the less predominant worldview (which is still a considered scientific theory) about viruses makes sense... that the viral sequences might already be present in our DNA and our general health status can trigger their release i.e. when we're run down. So better to work on boosting your immune system than depending on sanitiser!

"Wastewater in the UK (and all developed countries) is treated before it's discharged to the environment so any cleaning chemicals etc should be removed. The list on the HSE website (see earlier message), is of cleaning/sanitiser products that have been approved from an environmental impact. "

With the age of the internet and pile it high selling - false advertising etc. More than a few products out there are simply not what they are being sold as. See 'Which' for their latest tests of sanitizers most of which failed.

Also Triclosan a component of many sanitizers is banned in the USA but not in the UK also that Triclosan makes bacteria resistant to anti-biotics. The damage can be done long before it ever reaches water treatment as not all water reaches water treatment plants and goes directly to sub-surface aquifers and to land surfaces.

The info' is easy to find from reputable science outlets.

I'm not anti-sanitizer in any way - it's just that when re-filling a container over a sink, my Cat decided to help by pushing a container over and I washed what was spilt down the sink. It just got me to thinking . . . and then reading.

» Add a new message to this topic