FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Should the site change the no physical meets stance either the vaccinated

Should the site change the no physical meets stance either the vaccinated

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If people are Vaccinated should they after having waited the requisite time for maximum effect be allowed the option of meeting. Is there plans or should there be plans for a flag that shows if singles or couples have been vaccinated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not yet. The guidance isn’t yet allowing social meets in all areas. The vaccine also doesn’t guarantee you can’t pass on the virus, it only inoculates you against the symptoms. And, it could also be transmitted from your clothes etc

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

[Removed by poster at 13/12/20 07:53:43]

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

I think Fab is doing the responsible thing by not promoting physical meets until it’s legal to have them. I’m sure they’ll follow the guidance set by the government in regards to who can do what going forward, but I’d be very surprised if they were to start allowing meets for some and not others. The admin for that would be enormous.

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

Why stop there?

There are lots of nastier diseases you can be immunised against. MMR, Tetanus, etc. You could put up the whole immunisation record, Prep users put up scrip date. Avoid all those on any form of anti-biotics.

No thanks

It is 'buyer beware' on this site. Expecting the site to manage it for you puts both you AND the site at greater risk.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

"

It is 'buyer beware' on this site. Expecting the site to manage it for you puts both you AND the site at greater risk.

"

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

If you are vaccinated, you might still be able to transmit the disease. That’s what they don’t seem to be sure of yet.

We have no intention of meeting whilst it’s still unsafe but the facts are lots do and are meeting or trying to. The amount of messages We’ve had since I came on an hour ago show that. Im just trying to stimulate a debate on how to move forward and at what level of vaccinations in uk would people feel comfortable with site opening up meets again. Or ideas to make it safer to meet we can take precautions to stop stds and other diseases we are usually inoculated against or are so few cases to make them negligible but this disease sects that common rule I don’t think some marker on your profile to say your responsible and been inoculated is a bad idea

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

and how will the site know you have had the jab? would they just be taking peoples word for it.far as im aware the only place there will be a record you have had a jab is your medical records not sure i woulld want peoplle i dont know having access to that.how about a monthlly std test before your allowed to meet aswell.cant see how it would work myself

"and how will the site know you have had the jab? would they just be taking peoples word for it.far as im aware the only place there will be a record you have had a jab is your medical records not sure i woulld want peoplle i dont know having access to that.how about a monthlly std test before your allowed to meet aswell.cant see how it would work myself"
you are given a vaccination card (wallet sized) which on physical meets you could be asked to show

Here and There

"We have no intention of meeting whilst it’s still unsafe but the facts are lots do and are meeting or trying to. The amount of messages We’ve had since I came on an hour ago show that. Im just trying to stimulate a debate on how to move forward and at what level of vaccinations in uk would people feel comfortable with site opening up meets again. Or ideas to make it safer to meet we can take precautions to stop stds and other diseases we are usually inoculated against or are so few cases to make them negligible but this disease sects that common rule I don’t think some marker on your profile to say your responsible and been inoculated is a bad idea"

Unfortunately there are so many people for whom meeting and swinging, regardless of the risk, is disproportionately important that I think there would be a lot of ‘vaccination flags’ appearing where no actual vaccination has taken place. There’s no way Fab could police it. And the past few months have shown that many people just do not care about their health or anyone else’s.

"We have no intention of meeting whilst it’s still unsafe but the facts are lots do and are meeting or trying to. The amount of messages We’ve had since I came on an hour ago show that. Im just trying to stimulate a debate on how to move forward and at what level of vaccinations in uk would people feel comfortable with site opening up meets again. Or ideas to make it safer to meet we can take precautions to stop stds and other diseases we are usually inoculated against or are so few cases to make them negligible but this disease sects that common rule I don’t think some marker on your profile to say your responsible and been inoculated is a bad idea

Unfortunately there are so many people for whom meeting and swinging, regardless of the risk, is disproportionately important that I think there would be a lot of ‘vaccination flags’ appearing where no actual vaccination has taken place. There’s no way Fab could police it. And the past few months have shown that many people just do not care about their health or anyone else’s. "

that’s where we can do it ourselves by asking people to show vaccination card when you meet. I’m sure it would mean a few cancellations but better that than risk your health

borehamwood

"and how will the site know you have had the jab? would they just be taking peoples word for it.far as im aware the only place there will be a record you have had a jab is your medical records not sure i woulld want peoplle i dont know having access to that.how about a monthlly std test before your allowed to meet aswell.cant see how it would work myself you are given a vaccination card (wallet sized) which on physical meets you could be asked to show"

your talking about your reminder card yes far as im aware you not being given anything official to say your vaccinated.like someone else has pointed out woulld be impossible to police on here also site would have to ramp up fees to pay for something like that

Here and There

"We have no intention of meeting whilst it’s still unsafe but the facts are lots do and are meeting or trying to. The amount of messages We’ve had since I came on an hour ago show that. Im just trying to stimulate a debate on how to move forward and at what level of vaccinations in uk would people feel comfortable with site opening up meets again. Or ideas to make it safer to meet we can take precautions to stop stds and other diseases we are usually inoculated against or are so few cases to make them negligible but this disease sects that common rule I don’t think some marker on your profile to say your responsible and been inoculated is a bad idea

Unfortunately there are so many people for whom meeting and swinging, regardless of the risk, is disproportionately important that I think there would be a lot of ‘vaccination flags’ appearing where no actual vaccination has taken place. There’s no way Fab could police it. And the past few months have shown that many people just do not care about their health or anyone else’s. that’s where we can do it ourselves by asking people to show vaccination card when you meet. I’m sure it would mean a few cancellations but better that than risk your health"

I think all you can is get vaccinated yourself. From what I understand, even if you’re vaccinated yourself you could still carry and pass on the virus. So unless you protect yourself, you’re not going to get any benefit from someone else having protected them self.

But aside from that it would be interesting to see those who refuse the vaccine or don’t believe in Covid because it’s ‘just the flu’ etc so that I can avoid them in general ha ha ha

"If you are vaccinated, you might still be able to transmit the disease. That’s what they don’t seem to be sure of yet. "

This, a lot of talk around the vaccine is that you wont actually be 100% immune, but it will drastically reduce the effects of the virus if you catch it. You could still be a transmission vector and pass it around.

The vaccine wont lead to loosening of restrictions for a good few months yet.

The madness of Fab we’ve just had a message to draw attention to the fact that it’s not fair if some could get the vaccine earlier than others and be allowed to play before them. So blocked when I tried to reply. If your going to block someone ok your choice but if you message a reply to their post at least allow one reply before you block them. Most of what I’ve wrote isn’t an opinion it’s a question to stimulate some debate on ways forward. If I had an opinion it would be wait till meets are legal but I would like the option of a COVID vaccination flag till it is under control and not part of our daily lives. I would then ask to see vaccination card to carry on meet. The same as I would expect to see condoms being used.

borehamwood

again there is no vaccination card what you may have seen is a reminder card and if it is the one i saw a bog standard photo copier would be all you need to print one out.not saying its not a good idea just dont see how it would work.a lot on this site dont even use there real names or there real locations

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

People do lie on here,as we are all aware,so saying you are vaccinated could be untrue,just to get meets

Also do you really want to show a n.s.a sex meet,your full name and details? I know I've been stung trusting someone in the past

Your nhs app also shows medication and eg the flu jab given,that is also proof

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Seems half of Fab are already meeting

incognito mode ;-)

[Removed by poster at 13/12/20 09:00:32]

incognito mode ;-)

"Seems half of Fab are already meeting "

The sensible half are not

"again there is no vaccination card what you may have seen is a reminder card and if it is the one i saw a bog standard photo copier would be all you need to print one out.not saying its not a good idea just dont see how it would work.a lot on this site dont even use there real names or there real locations"
it’s actually both a reminder card and a vaccine confirmation card as both doses are detailed on same by inoculator but it is as open to fraud as any document is.

"Seems half of Fab are already meeting

The sensible half are not "

"Seems half of Fab are already meeting

The sensible half are not "

borehamwood

"Seems half of Fab are already meeting "

already meeting lol half of fab have never stopped meeting everyday i see statuses on my update page that makes it obvious they have just had a meet.latest one ive seen was thanks you know who you are hubby now re claiming me if that dosent say just had a meet i dont know what does

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It's not safe whether you have been vaccinated because they don't know clearly the effects of the vaccine it's still all guessing but apparently it doesn't stop the person being a carrier for the virus so wouldn't that be just as much dangerous when people still have a life beyond fab

borehamwood

anyway not something im gona have to worry about anytime soon i gonna be one of the last groups it gets offerd to so until it gets offerd to everyone who they want vaccinated i really cant see things being relaxed either on fabs or anywhere else.mask social distansing and washing ya hands is gona be around for quiet some time still

I think I’m starting to understand why I’ve never met anyone off the forums.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

The vaccine will only offer yourself some protection.

You can still catch the virus and pass it on so what has having the vaccine for to do with anyone meeting.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I think I’m starting to understand why I’ve never met anyone off the forums. "
same here, totally different kind of person on the forums.In my 12 years on here I've yet to have one meet person from the forums. Around 95%+of my friends never bother with them.i come on now and again for the odd thread but I certainly don't live on here as much as some seem to do

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

Oh wow

borehamwood

"I think I’m starting to understand why I’ve never met anyone off the forums. same here, totally different kind of person on the forums.In my 12 years on here I've yet to have one meet person from the forums. Around 95%+of my friends never bother with them.i come on now and again for the odd thread but I certainly don't live on here as much as some seem to do "

shhhhhh lots on the forums think there the only ones who use the site and speak for everyone.98% on ths site prob never venture onto the forums.allways good for some amusement though

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"and how will the site know you have had the jab? would they just be taking peoples word for it.far as im aware the only place there will be a record you have had a jab is your medical records not sure i woulld want peoplle i dont know having access to that.how about a monthlly std test before your allowed to meet aswell.cant see how it would work myself

you are given a vaccination card (wallet sized) which on physical meets you could be asked to show"

Yeah and on the day they'll have "forgotten" to bring the evidence

Too many lying chancers on here to put something like that in place x

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

[Removed by poster at 13/12/20 10:06:45]

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"again there is no vaccination card what you may have seen is a reminder card and if it is the one i saw a bog standard photo copier would be all you need to print one out.not saying its not a good idea just dont see how it would work.a lot on this site dont even use there real names or there real locations it’s actually both a reminder card and a vaccine confirmation card as both doses are detailed on same by inoculator but it is as open to fraud as any document is."

It's not like a passport or driving licence in terms of quality.

Its literally printed on your departments colour photocopier on to card paper and then cut into cards via a paper guillotine by an administration staff member.

Completely unsuitable for the type of purposes your talking about.

Then there's the issue of most people won't get access to the vaccine for a significant period of time.

Finally the data isn't there to show if the vaccine reduces / stops the transmission of the virus in anyway.

KJ

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

Fake certificate?. They would be all over the place in minutes. We have had blokes claiming they are covid free and told they are immune,, so can meet. Yeah right. Also the amount of people from the high infection areas, tier 3, who are 200 plus miles from us asking to meet up. What are they just passing,? will pop down for a drink.? Think some on here are pretty dumb or think we are.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People may introduce their own informal screening strategy when laws permit relaxation but it's not the sites job to micro-manage the various users here. It's better to be restrictive whilst laws, evidence and common sense indicate that thousands of users from a site could make a significant problem for so many others that we all have in our social and contact networks.

Imagine the Office for National Statistics reporting weekly on the cases and deaths due to fab meets

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"If people are Vaccinated should they after having waited the requisite time for maximum effect be allowed the option of meeting. Is there plans or should there be plans for a flag that shows if singles or couples have been vaccinated. "

Yes.... everyone over the age of 80 & who have been vaccinated "SHOULD" be allowed to meet in the new year.

Cal

I haven't read any of the previous replies, so apologies if I'm repeating myself...

The vaccination isn't a cure.

You'll still be at risk of getting covid, it's aim is to prevent you becoming extremely unwell and being admitted to hospital.

That's my understanding anyway

Unfortunately there are so many people for whom meeting and swinging, regardless of the risk, is disproportionately important that I think there would be a lot of ‘vaccination flags’ appearing where no actual vaccination has taken place. There’s no way Fab could police it. And the past few months have shown that many people just do not care about their health or anyone else’s. that’s where we can do it ourselves by asking people to show vaccination card when you meet. I’m sure it would mean a few cancellations but better that than risk your health"

or if worried about risking your health ask them in conversation or just wait til most of the country is vaccinated and other close contact activities are no longer advised against by the government

By *etsplay4realCouple  over a year ago

Essex - Cambs Border!

"If people are Vaccinated should they after having waited the requisite time for maximum effect be allowed the option of meeting. Is there plans or should there be plans for a flag that shows if singles or couples have been vaccinated. "

I must say I did chuckle when first read this.

I have a poly partner on the covid19 ward front line caring within the NHS during this pandemic.

Firstly unless the Majority of fab members are over 75 and those wising to meet say after summer 2021, then I find it very hard the majority of fab members even looking or able to meet sooner? This is a estimate at this time takening into account the supplies of continuing vaccine prevail for demand - re the BOJo panto continuing of Brexit!?

Its a No from us re meets etc on fab to be lifted and or the OP question, till at least before a review earliest Easter 2021 (April)

Wash Hands. Cover face. Keep your distance.

Merry Christmas xx

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Absolutely not. Even if the vaccine is say 90% effective 1 in 10 of us is still vulnerable to infection and 10 out of 10 are capable of passing on the virus even if they have been vaccinated- the vaccine may stop you passing on the virus through your breath but it won’t do anything to stop you touching something with the virus on it and passing it on via touch or on clothing etc. Add to that the fact that less than 70% of people say they are going to have the vaccine so even with 90% effectiveness less than 63% of the population will be protected, that gives plenty of opportunity for the virus to spread until we drastically reduce the infection rate using all of the measures available to us.

Why would it because the vaccine only protects the individual because we do not have enough evidence yet to know whether it stops transmittion.

» Add a new message to this topic