FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Caring for those with normal expected vaccine reactions

Caring for those with normal expected vaccine reactions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if you have an elderly relative or someone you look after who is having the vaccine, it is a good idea to make sure they will have someone around who can help them afterwards.

A local older lady was vaccinated on the Tuesday, for two days she had a sore arm and for the last couple of days she has been quite ill with severe flu like symptoms.

This is all normal and will pass.

The point of my post is just that it's important if you have a relative or someone you care for you getting vaccinated to make sure they have some assistance if they have a few days when they are not feeling very well and may need some assistance.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"if you have an elderly relative or someone you look after who is having the vaccine, it is a good idea to make sure they will have someone around who can help them afterwards.

A local older lady was vaccinated on the Tuesday, for two days she had a sore arm and for the last couple of days she has been quite ill with severe flu like symptoms.

This is all normal and will pass.

The point of my post is just that it's important if you have a relative or someone you care for you getting vaccinated to make sure they have some assistance if they have a few days when they are not feeling very well and may need some assistance.

"

Excellent post OP

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Is having a few days of severe flu symptoms a normal expected reaction ?

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

Not one my aunt had. She was one of the 1st to have it.

She had no symptoms whatsoever.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Thanks OP, I was wondering about this for my 91 year old Dad. When I had my flu jab, I couldn't move my arm for 2days!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Great news about your aunt

How will care homes cope if all the staff and residents experience severe flu like symptoms at the same time ?

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 14/12/20 10:31:19]

hiding from cock pics.

"Is having a few days of severe flu symptoms a normal expected reaction ?"

Her daughter has been looking after her and has been reassured by medically trained people that it is a possible normal reaction.

She is feeling a little better today and has eaten.

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

"Great news about your aunt

How will care homes cope if all the staff and residents experience severe flu like symptoms at the same time ?"

I hope that this story is just scaremongering,and only effects an occasional older person,not all,as we have 65 residents and nearly a hundred staff

We would have to cope as best we can, if it is the case

Nobody has had Ill effects from having the flu vaccine recently,staff and residents,yet people worry it might give them the flu

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Great news about your aunt

How will care homes cope if all the staff and residents experience severe flu like symptoms at the same time ?"

We won't

We're almost out of staff as it is

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Most people seem to have no after effects at all, much like flu jabs, but some will have soreness at the point of entry and a few do get cold like illness for a couple of days. Obviously the more vulnerable the person, the more difficult this is for them. If you do know vulnerable people who are getting immunised, it's a good idea to check they have someone looking out for them in case they need some help.

By *entleman JackMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Had my flu jab last week.

Didn't feel the needle going in, didn't feel the injection, and absolutely no soreness afterwards, and no after effects!

Thank you NHS!

» Add a new message to this topic