FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Virus threads

Virus threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who else loves reading these to see how caught up people get in there own opinion. And absolute hate when some one else has a opinion or sometimes even evidence that makes there argument look stupid but still they persist.

This keep me entertained daily. Anyone else in this boat

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

After all this time the only thing that I've noticed is that those callings others sheep and those calling others covidiots have had zero impact on the virus.

You ain't wrong. It actually keeps me entertained. Another thing that ammuses me is the people that say it's Bo Jo's fault......

"You ain't wrong. It actually keeps me entertained. Another thing that ammuses me is the people that say it's Bo Jo's fault...... "

Meanwhile the silent majority just get on with life!

Exactly that. So what were told and don't fight the system. We won't win ??

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"You ain't wrong. It actually keeps me entertained. Another thing that ammuses me is the people that say it's Bo Jo's fault...... "

someone said the virus was caused by boris johnson?

Where was that so I can have a read?

What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger.

"Who else loves reading these to see how caught up people get in there own opinion. And absolute hate when some one else has a opinion or sometimes even evidence that makes there argument look stupid but still they persist.

This keep me entertained daily. Anyone else in this boat "

I agree OP, the threads keep us all entertained, well at least until I get my Broons or is it Wor Willy Annual for Christmas this year.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No. I can be surprised at others' opinions but it's not entertainment seeing disagreement. Certainly anyone proposing misinformation probably shouldn't have a full platform for their dangerous propaganda, often manipulated by foreign states, to foster deaths amongst us.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. "
Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"Who else loves reading these to see how caught up people get in there own opinion. And absolute hate when some one else has a opinion or sometimes even evidence that makes there argument look stupid but still they persist.

Not just the virus foeum the politics one is usually good for a laugh aswel

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics "

I'm more concerned about my family than myself.

liverpool

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics

I'm more concerned about my family than myself. "

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics "
I have noticed that too. I think alot have to do with how the mainstream media reports it like the bbc and same here. I am not bothered about covid either.

Herne Bay

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics I have noticed that too. I think alot have to do with how the mainstream media reports it like the bbc and same here. I am not bothered about covid either."
Do most people even know the true statistics of Covid ??

liverpool

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics I have noticed that too. I think alot have to do with how the mainstream media reports it like the bbc and same here. I am not bothered about covid either. Do most people even know the true statistics of Covid ??"

Are you saying because you are not worried,we should not concern ourselves with it?

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics I have noticed that too. I think alot have to do with how the mainstream media reports it like the bbc and same here. I am not bothered about covid either. Do most people even know the true statistics of Covid ??"
I dont think so and neither do some of the media.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really x

Nottingham

Can you explain please

"U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really x"
Yes I have also noticed that.

"U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really xYes I have also noticed that."

The mentality in the forums is kind of like you're either with us or against us?

ashford

"U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really xYes I have also noticed that.

The mentality in the forums is kind of like you're either with us or against us? "

Yes exactly u cant have an opinion unless it's of the majority! Or u a tin foil hat nutter lol! I just like to think for myself on things x

liverpool

What a weird thread.

Nottingham

"U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really xYes I have also noticed that.

The mentality in the forums is kind of like you're either with us or against us? "

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Its human nature that some will agree some wont .

Nottingham

"What a weird thread."

Hahahaha

ashford

The mentality in the forums is kind of like you're either with us or against us?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Its human nature that some will agree some wont ."

Yes that's how it shd be but given up with my opinions as get shot down! Or bullied really is what happens so keep them to myself x

Herne Bay

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. Are people scared for themselves or old or ill relatives, ? personally we are not one bit bothered or scared of Covid for ourselves after reading the statistics

Can you explain please "

Talking about ourselves here ; chance of conking out with Covid (if we can even catch it again which is very doubtful) is about 0.3 per cent which considering our chance of dying with something like Cancer; about 30% seems in our minds a somewhat very small probability. We appreciate that old and vulnerable are at risk in Covid so only talking about our own non worries.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"U only allowed one opinion on the virus threads so pointless really xYes I have also noticed that."

Me too.

This keep me entertained daily. Anyone else in this boat

Not just the virus foeum the politics one is usually good for a laugh aswel"

I'll second that.

A great source of comedy gold at times.....!!

Eva X

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

Me too. "

Me three

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm mainly concerned at the apparent lack of basic scientific literacy among many people. Like debating whether animal cells contain DNA. There's no debate there. No opinion. Just facts. Yes, animal cells contain DNA. That's one example.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I'm mainly concerned at the apparent lack of basic scientific literacy among many people. Like debating whether animal cells contain DNA. There's no debate there. No opinion. Just facts. Yes, animal cells contain DNA. That's one example."

Absolutely.

Scientific illiteracy touted as 'FACT' being shot down shouldn't be a huge surprise to anyone.

ashford

"I'm mainly concerned at the apparent lack of basic scientific literacy among many people. Like debating whether animal cells contain DNA. There's no debate there. No opinion. Just facts. Yes, animal cells contain DNA. That's one example."

That's not to b disputed lol! Of course there is facts ! But there is also alot of bs crap on these threads x

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

What has become apparent over the year is the amount of pure ignorance and sheer bloody minded selfish stupidity that has been on display on a daily if not hourly basis.

The fact that people actually believe and trust what they read on Facebook and other Dodgy sources over actual government scientists and doctors, because obviously everything is a conspiracy.

Some of the guff posted beggars belief entertaining ??

Debatable.

But fact remains that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will always listen to others, digest the information presented and respond accordingly.

I have not seen anything posted by conspiracy theorists that hasn't been either cut and pasted or a link from some disgruntled doctor that holds any real weight to back up their statements, posting various statistics on this and that is nothing more than spin.

Whereas genuine information posted by people who are on the front line who have and are seeing the fallout from the virus and my own experience from having the virus I trust far more and the facts are not spin they are facts.

Like I said on another thread the other day.

I think the whole world would benefit from the internet or at the very least all social media being switched off for a few days so people can actually start to look past their laptop and phone screen for just a few days and start to see the real world and real people not numbers and statistics.

I start vaccinations next week...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I start vaccinations next week..."

In your opinion, of course

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

I think what they are actually implying is that Boris Johnson's actions have been too slow (or too quick coming out of lockdown and instructing people to go back into offices) and that the lack of trust has resulted in people ignoring the scientific advice.

So, yes, there are some faults on his part.

"After all this time the only thing that I've noticed is that those callings others sheep and those calling others covidiots have had zero impact on the virus."

Sounds ominously like the 'remoaners' v brexiteers scenario

ashford

"After all this time the only thing that I've noticed is that those callings others sheep and those calling others covidiots have had zero impact on the virus.

Sounds ominously like the 'remoaners' v brexiteers scenario "

Exactly! Gave up trying to reason with the brexiters long ago ! X

"After all this time the only thing that I've noticed is that those callings others sheep and those calling others covidiots have had zero impact on the virus.

Exactly! Gave up trying to reason with the brexiters long ago ! X"

Haha I know what you mean! I guess the only difference is Brexit was self inflicted unlike covid

ashford

Exactly! Gave up trying to reason with the brexiters long ago ! X

Haha I know what you mean! I guess the only difference is Brexit was self inflicted unlike covid "

True! X

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Yes.

Never really used the forums much before Covid. Had enough to do answering emails, arranging meets etc.

Used the France and Spain forums for holidays but never even ventured into general, politics, health / virus forums.

Hopefully, sooner rather than later, we will be meeting in person again.

Really missed our fun and social swingers meets.

Missed 2 Cap D'Agde holidays, bring on 2021.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"What interests me is the massive difference in attitude between so many on here who see this virus as a virtual death sentence and virtually everyone i know in the real world who seem to have a far more relaxed view of the danger. "

Not so much worried for myself but do feel for the folks in the vulnerable categories.

Having said that, friends who have had it the women and kids just snuffles and cold like symptoms but the men in mid to late 40's have had a right knock from it. Seems the fitter they are the longer it's taking to get back to health.

Think January is going to be a bad time, people are mistaking a vaccine as a cure.

Take care.

"Talking about ourselves here ; chance of conking out with Covid (if we can even catch it again which is very doubtful) is about 0.3 per cent which considering our chance of dying with something like Cancer; about 30% seems in our minds a somewhat very small probability. We appreciate that old and vulnerable are at risk in Covid so only talking about our own non worries."

Sadly you are talking about a crisis affecting society and not just you individually. Your selective use of statistics is also very B&W, you’re right, individually the risk of death is quite low but actually looking at your ages, both of you have a very decent chance of long term issues should you contract the virus.

There has always been a question of wider responsibility to others in this pandemic, all I ever read from you is singular points as justification to why you don’t wish to support a wider effort. I find that quite saddening in truth.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

These are a load of crap !!! These threads ..

liverpool

"Talking about ourselves here ; chance of conking out with Covid (if we can even catch it again which is very doubtful) is about 0.3 per cent which considering our chance of dying with something like Cancer; about 30% seems in our minds a somewhat very small probability. We appreciate that old and vulnerable are at risk in Covid so only talking about our own non worries.

Sadly you are talking about a crisis affecting society and not just you individually. Your selective use of statistics is also very B&W, you’re right, individually the risk of death is quite low but actually looking at your ages, both of you have a very decent chance of long term issues should you contract the virus.

There has always been a question of wider responsibility to others in this pandemic, all I ever read from you is singular points as justification to why you don’t wish to support a wider effort. I find that quite saddening in truth."

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Good job our grandparents thought about more than just themselves otherwise chance's are a small mustachioed wearing Austrian chap would have been ruling Europe for a good 40odd year's.

Thankfully they were able to see the bigger picture and understood about the greater good.

Sadly we have huge swathes of society who's attitude is.

If it doesn't directly affect me, then I don't give a fuck.

And its people like you who carry on regardless without a single thought for anyone around you.

Imagine meeting someone for a fumble, catching covid. Perhaps it won't bother you other than running a temperature, but what about your kids, parents, tesco assistant or nurse that catches it while treating your relatives that you passed it to or your elderly neighbour that you chatted to that ends up in intensive care without a second thought. Selfish.

"Good job our grandparents thought about more than just themselves otherwise chance's are a small mustachioed wearing Austrian chap would have been ruling Europe for a good 40odd year's.

Thankfully they were able to see the bigger picture and understood about the greater good.

If it doesn't directly affect me, then I don't give a fuck."

Well said

ashford

"Good job our grandparents thought about more than just themselves otherwise chance's are a small mustachioed wearing Austrian chap would have been ruling Europe for a good 40odd year's.

If it doesn't directly affect me, then I don't give a fuck."

Ohh dear! Where is the face palm emoji when u need it?? ! X

ashford

And its people like you who carry on regardless without a single thought for anyone around you.

Imagine meeting someone for a fumble, catching covid. Perhaps it won't bother you other than running a temperature, but what about your kids, parents, tesco assistant or nurse that catches it while treating your relatives that you passed it to or your elderly neighbour that you chatted to that ends up in intensive care without a second thought. Selfish. "

Jeez! There more chance catining it in tesco!! x

ashford

Imagine meeting someone for a fumble, catching covid. Perhaps it won't bother you other than running a temperature, but what about your kids, parents, tesco assistant or nurse that catches it while treating your relatives that you passed it to or your elderly neighbour that you chatted to that ends up in intensive care without a second thought. Selfish.

Jeez! There more chance catining it in tesco!! x"

*catching

Jeez! There more chance catining it in tesco!! x"

More chance of what in tesco??

I don't tend to swap bodily fluids with anyone in tesco. And I wear a mask ??

ashford

I don't tend to swap bodily fluids with anyone in tesco. And I wear a mask ??"

So nieve! X

So nieve! X"

Who is that aimed at?

ashford

So nieve! X

Who is that aimed at? "

Anyone thinking they safe in a supermarket! Lmfao!! X

So nieve! X

Who is that aimed at?

Anyone thinking they safe in a supermarket! Lmfao!! X"

Definitely agree there, but must be safer than meeting random people for sex, if they are willing to risk spreading covid then what other diseases are they willing to spread?

ashford

So nieve! X

Who is that aimed at?

Anyone thinking they safe in a supermarket! Lmfao!! X

Definitely agree there, but must be safer than meeting random people for sex, if they are willing to risk spreading covid then what other diseases are they willing to spread? "

Not so sure it would b tbh think doggie sex with no facial contact would b safer than shopping in a supermarket imo! Not that that would interest me tbh! I like to kiss and am very selective who I meet and very rarely did meet b 4 covid and allways played safe ! X

[Removed by poster at 15/12/20 15:04:24]

Yes exactly u cant have an opinion unless it's of the majority! Or u a tin foil hat nutter lol! I just like to think for myself on things x"

That is right and what I see this as is "the great reset" as everyone is talking about.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Yes exactly u cant have an opinion unless it's of the majority! Or u a tin foil hat nutter lol! I just like to think for myself on things xThat is right and what I see this as is "the great reset" as everyone is talking about."

'Everyone'?

It's just the same people droning on about it repeatedly.

ashford

Yes exactly u cant have an opinion unless it's of the majority! Or u a tin foil hat nutter lol! I just like to think for myself on things xThat is right and what I see this as is "the great reset" as everyone is talking about.

'Everyone'?

It's just the same people droning on about it repeatedly. "

Hmmm indeediy! Lmao! X

[Removed by poster at 15/12/20 16:03:40]

Yes exactly u cant have an opinion unless it's of the majority! Or u a tin foil hat nutter lol! I just like to think for myself on things xThat is right and what I see this as is "the great reset" as everyone is talking about.

'Everyone'?

Hmmm indeediy! Lmao! X"

I didnt mean everyone lol.

ashford

'Everyone'?

Hmmm indeediy! Lmao! XI didnt mean everyone lol."

x

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"You ain't wrong. It actually keeps me entertained. Another thing that ammuses me is the people that say it's Bo Jo's fault......

someone said the virus was caused by boris johnson?

Where was that so I can have a read?

"

You might believe it lol

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

No, not really but whatever tickles your fancy

» Add a new message to this topic