FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > London

London

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *allySlinky OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Moving into tier 3.

I think it was inevitable they would have to as their rates are now double a lot of the north already in tier 3

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Moving into tier 3.

I think it was inevitable they would have to as their rates are now double a lot of the north already in tier 3"

Cue partying like it's the last alcohol ever made on Friday night. So effing predictable and avoidable. Got to wonder who comes up with their communications strategy. Shameful.

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Moving into tier 3.

I think it was inevitable they would have to as their rates are now double a lot of the north already in tier 3

Cue partying like it's the last alcohol ever made on Friday night. So effing predictable and avoidable. Got to wonder who comes up with their communications strategy. Shameful. "

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Personally I’d prefer something stricter than T3, more a lockdown scenario, I can’t see T3 restrictions doing much at all

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Just quickly read a report saying that it's not confirmed yet but it looks like the virus has mutated and this strain is growing quicker, doubling roughly every 7 days!

Look after yourselves people.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Personally I’d prefer something stricter than T3, more a lockdown scenario, I can’t see T3 restrictions doing much at all "

Tier 3 seems to have helped the north.

Tin town

"Just quickly read a report saying that it's not confirmed yet but it looks like the virus has mutated and this strain is growing quicker, doubling roughly every 7 days!

Look after yourselves people. "

Wonder if the vaccine is effective for this case?

"Moving into tier 3.

Cue partying like it's the last alcohol ever made on Friday night. So effing predictable and avoidable. Got to wonder who comes up with their communications strategy. Shameful. "

It makes no sense moving into Tier 3 but expecting people to be sensible over 5 days at Christmas ! It’s a shit show

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"Moving into tier 3.

Tier 3 from midnight Tuesday so no Friday party this time.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Moving into tier 3.

Cue partying like it's the last alcohol ever made on Friday night. So effing predictable and avoidable. Got to wonder who comes up with their communications strategy. Shameful.

It makes no sense moving into Tier 3 but expecting people to be sensible over 5 days at Christmas ! It’s a shit show "

So better to risk dying and killing others?

On a mooch

"Personally I’d prefer something stricter than T3, more a lockdown scenario, I can’t see T3 restrictions doing much at all

Tier 3 seems to have helped the north."

We are a lot more densely populated though and more individuals using services

"Moving into tier 3.

It makes no sense moving into Tier 3 but expecting people to be sensible over 5 days at Christmas ! It’s a shit show So better to risk dying and killing others?"

How did you get that from what was said?!

"Personally I’d prefer something stricter than T3, more a lockdown scenario, I can’t see T3 restrictions doing much at all

We are a lot more densely populated though and more individuals using services "

I wish you southerners would get your messaging sorted. When the northeners were asking why London wasn’t in tier 3 they were told because London was like a ghost town and everyone working from home.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Wales is not looking very good at all at the minute we are probably looking at a level4 lockdown after Christmas .Worrying times .

On a mooch

We are a lot more densely populated though and more individuals using services

I wish you southerners would get your messaging sorted. When the northeners were asking why London wasn’t in tier 3 they were told because London was like a ghost town and everyone working from home."

Central London is, that isn’t where people live mostly just work. However, It’s been rammed these last couple of weeks with shoppers, who knows why as nothing you can’t get in your own area.

By *allySlinky OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

I wish you southerners would get your messaging sorted. When the northeners were asking why London wasn’t in tier 3 they were told because London was like a ghost town and everyone working from home."

Very true !

I am working on London this week and its alot busier than it was 3 weeks ago.

Get me back to Newcastle

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Gvt said the tiers will be reviewed every 14 days so yes London moving to tier 3 but no other areas reviewed?

Tin town

"Moving into tier 3.

Tier 3 from midnight Tuesday so no Friday party this time."

Oh really.? That is an improvement then

"Just quickly read a report saying that it's not confirmed yet but it looks like the virus has mutated and this strain is growing quicker, doubling roughly every 7 days!

It's not uncommon, mutating is what virus's do, just look at seasonal flu for example. Each year they have to try and guess what vaccine will be best to give as it's constantly changing.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Perhaps you could copy and paste that report here or give us the source?

"Moving into tier 3.

It makes no sense moving into Tier 3 but expecting people to be sensible over 5 days at Christmas ! It’s a shit show "

Pretty much, yes

None of it makes sense tbh

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Wonder if the vaccine is effective for this case? "

Unlikely if its mutated.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

This should have been done last week. They seem perpetually to be happy to let things get worse before the GIMP takes a decision.

There's not much detail about the new strain apart from that the vaccine should counter it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Gvt said the tiers will be reviewed every 14 days so yes London moving to tier 3 but no other areas reviewed? "

The review is due on the 16th but the numbers in London and parts of Essex etc brought the decision forward, assuming the rest of England will find out on Wed..

Wonder if the vaccine is effective for this case?

Unlikely if its mutated. "

The piece on the news said that the current vaccine is likely to be effective with the mutation. If you think back to the pre vaccine briefings, the science representative talked about this very subject, explaining even back then that as a virus it could well mutate just as the flu virus mutates annually, but once the vaccine was available it was relatively easy and quick to 'tweak' the vaccine as needed, as they do with the flu vaccine each year.

On a mooch

Perhaps you could copy and paste that report here or give us the source? "

I haven’t seen a report but the variant was mentioned in today’s briefing

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Wales is not looking very good at all at the minute we are probably looking at a level4 lockdown after Christmas .Worrying times ."
yet wales has been far stricter

Northampton Somewhere

Perhaps you could copy and paste that report here or give us the source? "

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-london-parts-two-counties-23166009.amp?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

On a mooch

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-london-parts-two-counties-23166009.amp?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral"

and

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/sharp-rise-in-coronavirus-numbers-and-a-new-variant

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

Should of been tier 3 like most of the country anyway.This 5 days at Christmas should be cancelled or we will pay jan/feb

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Tynemouth

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-

It is flondon-parts-two-counties-231660utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral

and

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/sharp-rise-in-coronavirus-numbers-and-a-new-variant"

It is from Wednesday 00.01

We’re doomed I tell ya we’re doomed

Northampton Somewhere

"Should of been tier 3 like most of the country anyway.This 5 days at Christmas should be cancelled or we will pay jan/feb"

I agree but just imagine the uproar if they do

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Should of been tier 3 like most of the country anyway.This 5 days at Christmas should be cancelled or we will pay jan/feb

I agree but just imagine the uproar if they do "

yet many other religious festivals were cancelled....

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

5 days of Christmas is mad it should be 12days..

First 12days close schools pubs and as much as you can.

Second 12 days 24th December to 4th January people can mix.

But if you have mixed with or have coronavirus symptoms you quarantine for 12 days....

You can risk mixing but you might have to quarantine. Befor going back to work...

On a mooch

"Should of been tier 3 like most of the country anyway.This 5 days at Christmas should be cancelled or we will pay jan/feb

I agree but just imagine the uproar if they do yet many other religious festivals were cancelled.... "

Agree, why is ours any different, especially when most don’t see it as a religious occasion

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I agree but just imagine the uproar if they do yet many other religious festivals were cancelled....

Agree, why is ours any different, especially when most don’t see it as a religious occasion "

I got roasted for making this point back in October-ish

On a mooch

I agree but just imagine the uproar if they do yet many other religious festivals were cancelled....

Agree, why is ours any different, especially when most don’t see it as a religious occasion

I got roasted for making this point back in October-ish "

I could do with warming, it’s a bit chilly today

Seriously though, it’s no different

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Agree, why is ours any different, especially when most don’t see it as a religious occasion "

I do agree but most big companies close and have planed to close...

So it make sense to use it as a fire brake we run manufacturing machines every day of the year but have all ready started the slow down to Christmas and by the 23rd will be all stop. Even thing that would run 24/7 stop for the Christmas brake

On a mooch

I do agree but most big companies close and have planed to close...

So it make sense to use it as a fire brake we run manufacturing machines every day of the year but have all ready started the slow down to Christmas and by the 23rd will be all stop. Even thing that would run 24/7 stop for the Christmas brake "

The companies still close, it doesn’t mean three separate households should meet indoors for versa four day period when a good 95% can’t do that any other time

By *extasy19Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 14/12/20 20:02:23]

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

good.. let the cockneys suffer for once....

By *extasy19Couple  over a year ago

Northampton

Pubs in London will be rammed tomorrow night, self defeating. If they were going to lock down and were genuinely concerned, why didn't they impose the lockdown from 1700?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"good.. let the cockneys suffer for once.... "

Fine, but what about the rest of us in London?

Just because the east London dicks have been partying as if they were in Manchester...

By *aestro_alexMan  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

I have up caring about Corona/Covid about 6 months ago if I'm honest... but I'm disappointed we've allowed the government to take away so many of our civil liberties and freedoms without any real debate.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"I am working on London this week and its alot busier than it was 3 weeks ago.

Get me back to Newcastle "

You get more places than Alan Whicker !

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I have up caring about Corona/Covid about 6 months ago if I'm honest... but I'm disappointed we've allowed the government to take away so many of our civil liberties and freedoms without any real debate."

What you mean like on here?

Funny how prior to London going into tier 3 not many in the media were suggesting cancelling Christmas. Now that the numbers in the south are going up but going down in the north it seems Christmas should be cancelled.

On a mooch

The Christmas break has always been a farce in my opinion, no matter in T2 or T3

"The Christmas break has always been a farce in my opinion, no matter in T2 or T3 "

I’m in tier 2. Our countries rate is 96 per 100k our towns rate is 77.2 per 100k.

I’m sure the families down in Cornwall or up in the highlands of Scotland will love being impacted by the London situation.

Counties not countries.

On a mooch

"The Christmas break has always been a farce in my opinion, no matter in T2 or T3

I’m in tier 2. Our countries rate is 96 per 100k our towns rate is 77.2 per 100k.

I’m sure the families down in Cornwall or up in the highlands of Scotland will love being impacted by the London situation."

It’s got bugger all to do with London. T2 & T3 you can’t meet anyone other than your household (or support bubble) indoors, so why does it not matter for those five days

Some people, no matter what restrictions are set, will still mingle and ignore such advice as they know better

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Stupid decision to move London into Tier 3, too many jobs and livlihoods depend on it.

I don't understand the logic either, I can still shop in crowded Oxford Street but can't eat in a restaurant with socially distanced spaced out tables and protective screens

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

About time. The amount of people living in London, it needs tighter restrictions.

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 23:03:59]

On a mooch

"Stupid decision to move London into Tier 3, too many jobs and livlihoods depend on it.

I don't understand the logic either, I can still shop in crowded Oxford Street but can'tu eat in a restaurant with socially distanced spaced out tables and protective screens "

It’s the right decision our numbers are climbing very quickly. As for shopping at Oxford St, one why would you travel into town to shop when most of those shops can be found locally; and two what is likely to be open except for M&S, Tesco, Boots.

Plus our livelihoods are no more special than anyone else’s around the country.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Stupid decision to move London into Tier 3, too many jobs and livlihoods depend on it.

I don't understand the logic either, I can still shop in crowded Oxford Street but can'tu eat in a restaurant with socially distanced spaced out tables and protective screens

It’s the right decision our numbers are climbing very quickly. As for shopping at Oxford St, one why would you travel into town to shop when most of those shops can be found locally; and two what is likely to be open except for M&S, Tesco, Boots.

Plus our livelihoods are no more special than anyone else’s around the country. "

I was speaking figuratively. I have no intention of going shopping in the West End, but I could cram into Primark, Selfridges (all still allowed to.open) etc with thousands of other shoppers but I am now banned from visiting a socially diatanced local restaurant that has made the necessary changes to comply with covid regs.

London creates around 25% of the country's total GDP and many jobs depend on tourism/visitors so London is not like other UK cities.

On a mooch

I don't understand the logic either, I can still shop in crowded Oxford Street but can'tu eat in a restaurant with socially distanced spaced out tables and protective screens

Plus our livelihoods are no more special than anyone else’s around the country.

I was speaking figuratively. I have no intention of going shopping in the West End, but I could cram into Primark, Selfridges (all still allowed to.open) etc with thousands of other shoppers but I am now banned from visiting a socially diatanced local restaurant that has made the necessary changes to comply with covid regs.

London creates around 25% of the country's total GDP and many jobs depend on tourism/visitors so London is not like other UK cities.

"

This is where T3 is a joke nothing essential about selfridges, open the food hall but everything else closed.

As for tourism that’s the last thing we need right now whether from outside or uk based, hey come to London, catch the bug and take it back with you.

No it’s not like other UK cities, it’s a 6th of the UK population but that doesn’t mean we are any different, we got hit bad in wave one and wave two seems to be heading the same way, only to drastically reduce the numbers is a proper lockdown

» Add a new message to this topic