FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why is it?

Why is it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I find the government's general method of the virus management both frustrating and strange? The last time I checked we were still the United Kingdom, so why is it then that the various countries within apply their own interpretation of Government rules?

It would have made much more sense when we came out of lockdown on Dec 2nd for the Government to have put the whole of the UK into tier 3 until Dec 16th and then reviewed based on infection rates. Instead, we got the usual missmash of Wales just coming out of lockdown as England enters, Scotland doing its own variation on tier levels.

Why can't implementations be UK wide, "this is how it is, no exceptions"?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

you’ve entirely misunderstood devolution

the countries have not misinterpreted the uk rules , health is a devolved power and therefore the head of each country is responsible for public health in their own territory , which is why they have put their own rules in place

i do agree that a more coherent joined up approach would have been better though .., no reason we couldn’t have had one tier structure with the decisions off when to move in and out of them being made locally

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"you’ve entirely misunderstood devolution

the countries have not misinterpreted the uk rules , health is a devolved power and therefore the head of each country is responsible for public health in their own territory , which is why they have put their own rules in place

i do agree that a more coherent joined up approach would have been better though .., no reason we couldn’t have had one tier structure with the decisions off when to move in and out of them being made locally "

The England lot have persistently failed to give much consideration, notice, communication etc with the others.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I see it like Sturgeon tries to be deliberately contrary to Westminster, want to undermine Boris and appear more decisive and tougher to force thru another referendum?

I see Drakeford as being a tin pot tyrant, d*unk on power.

Maybe others see it differently?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I see it like Sturgeon tries to be deliberately contrary to Westminster, want to undermine Boris and appear more decisive and tougher to force thru another referendum?

Maybe others see it differently?"

I think that Sturgeon has the balls that Boris doesn't have. She's been in control and on the ball throughout to protect Scotland. Boris seems shit scared to lead and protect

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I see it like Sturgeon tries to be deliberately contrary to Westminster, want to undermine Boris and appear more decisive and tougher to force thru another referendum?

Yeah probably right. But undermining Boris has been made so easy. I think she's actually been pretty munificent to him recently. Probably felt it was too easy to score points.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Tend to agree with you on this matter. Thought it would have made more sense as it is a worldwide pandemic to treat it like a war situation where you have one government in charge and combime all the power of the nhs into one force . Also think the nightingale and dragon hospital should have been used more for recovering patients from covid who do not need 24 hr nursing to free up the beds in the hospitals to cover the more serious cases. Or is just me being to logical

» Add a new message to this topic