FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Will the vacine be mandatory?

Will the vacine be mandatory?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you guys think everyone will be obliged to take the vacine even if they never been sick ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No you will probably be offered it but it is up to each individual if they decide to take it or not.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will."
that sounds scary.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

It wont be mandatory but... many places will be expecting people to have it. Like to travel abroad , go to concerts etc x

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will."

There is compensation for people that become 60% disabled, from the after effects of the vaccination... Now that's scary

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

Our weekly covid tests are mandatory,no test no shifts is basically what we were told,also in writing

My employer will be highly persuasive due to protecting our residents,when it comes to the vaccine,we will be pressurised,however unless it becomes law they cannot force us.there has already been gossip of ways to persuade us

Personally I have no problem taking it,some staff have said they would rather not for many different reasons

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"It wont be mandatory but... many places will be expecting people to have it. Like to travel abroad , go to concerts etc x"

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x

"It wont be mandatory but... many places will be expecting people to have it. Like to travel abroad , go to concerts etc x

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x"

And even if it does, there will be ways round it.

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.

There is compensation for people that become 60% disabled, from the after effects of the vaccination... Now that's scary"

Yes I read that too.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Our weekly covid tests are mandatory,no test no shifts is basically what we were told,also in writing

My employer will be highly persuasive due to protecting our residents,when it comes to the vaccine,we will be pressurised,however unless it becomes law they cannot force us.there has already been gossip of ways to persuade us

Personally I have no problem taking it,some staff have said they would rather not for many different reasons

"

One nursing home company near me has told staff in order to get a bonus they need to agree to be vaccinated.

"Our weekly covid tests are mandatory,no test no shifts is basically what we were told,also in writing

One nursing home company near me has told staff in order to get a bonus they need to agree to be vaccinated. "

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"It wont be mandatory but... many places will be expecting people to have it. Like to travel abroad , go to concerts etc x

And even if it does, there will be ways round it."

Yes it's always important that we find ways round the rules put in place to stop spreading the infection.

ashford

Yes it's always important that we find ways round the rules put in place to stop spreading the infection. "

I stick to all the "rules" as much as I think of them but gonna b a no no to the vaccine from me x

Yes it's always important that we find ways round the rules put in place to stop spreading the infection. "

Yes because we don't live in a dictatorship.

My comment wasn't about breaking rules, more that there will be places offering travel, services, concerts etc without the vaccine being necessary.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"

I believe in the end will be mandatory , because as you mentioned if is to protect residents then the employer can refuse keep staf who doesn't have the vaccine. But also believe this will happen also in many other areas as hospitality , people who have vaccine they will have priority in get jobs as this way will be a further step to open the economy and bring some kind of normality to our daily lifes.

The government needs to open the economy and needs some monetary income to be able to keep supporting the most fragil people , that's why i believe will be mandatory at some point the vaccine as there's no economy/country that can keep for much longer the situation lockdown , this will lead a massive economic and social disaster

I’m Waiting a little bit to see What happens before I get mine. Bit like not downloading the latest iOS for a few days as a mini patch that fucks something uo will be released.

Vaccines in general should in my opinion, be mandatory unless medically exempt. Failing to Vaccinate your child should be child cruelty.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

All vaccines have the potential for side effects and vaccine companies are given immunity against prosecution.

In any case they can't force people to have it. I suspect those who don't may find, for example, foreign travel difficult

Need at least 80% to get it.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

We are the same we get tested weekly and we are getting the vaccine this week and yes I am taking it. It has been recommended take it but no one has been forced to. And weighing up the pros and cons I'm happy to take it.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.that sounds scary. "

It also sounds like BS. People can read something somewhere and there's an awful lot of BS peddled that seeps through the sewars to pollute intelligent life.

This not for profit vaccine from Oxford, would reasonably be bohndaried within the standard NHS protection that has been discussed here many times, as the other 2 vaccines, alongside our regular vaccines with other medicines. Some people like to get people worried.

There's enough trauma around the country, jobs, health etc that we have a responsibility to support each other, instead of taking about baseless guff that frightens people.

It's not mandatory and won't be. Those who decline their turn leave others free to take it.

By *exy Pretty FeetCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.

There is compensation for people that become 60% disabled, from the after effects of the vaccination... Now that's scary"

Even becoming 10 or 20% less able than you are right now would be a high price to pay for an 'immune boost'

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 15/12/20 11:41:40]

Tin town

There is compensation for people that become 60% disabled, from the after effects of the vaccination... Now that's scary

Even becoming 10 or 20% less able than you are right now would be a high price to pay for an 'immune boost'

"

Is that happening or are we just hypothesising that if something bad happens it's.... Not good.?

incognito mode ;-)

One nursing home company near me has told staff in order to get a bonus they need to agree to be vaccinated. "

Our xmas bonus is a box of chocolate or cheap wine so it won't persuade my colleagues

incognito mode ;-)

I believe in the end will be mandatory , because as you mentioned if is to protect residents then the employer can refuse keep staf who doesn't have the vaccine. But also believe this will happen also in many other areas as hospitality , people who have vaccine they will have priority in get jobs as this way will be a further step to open the economy and bring some kind of normality to our daily lifes.

The government needs to open the economy and needs some monetary income to be able to keep supporting the most fragil people , that's why i believe will be mandatory at some point the vaccine as there's no economy/country that can keep for much longer the situation lockdown , this will lead a massive economic and social disaster "

Sounds abit like having nvq's certificates I never find it hard to get a job they could have a pile of applications,people who haven't had a vaccine could go in the NO pile

Being mandatory doesn't help when there are many who can't take the vaccine,for health reasons etc there will be lots excluded from many things,let alone getting a job

I definitely agree it would protect the residents,if mandatory and relatives would feel there mum etc would be in a safe environment,we will have to wait and see in the future

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Do you guys think everyone will be obliged to take the vacine even if they never been sick ?"

The government has categorically stated that it will NOT be mandatory to have the vaccine.

Cal

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Where did you read that?

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

how do you become 60% disabled?? your either disabled or your not....

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Where did you read that?"

I think he means a Vaccine Damage Payment. It's on the gov.uk website - search engine it. It's been around a long while, since 1979

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

It will not be made mandatory but you will probably find that job opportunities might be harder to come by and some activities we did before the virus such as going on holiday will require us to be vaccinated first.

Pretty sure no one as in a employer, travel agent or the like is allowed access to your private medical record, so would have to take your word for it.

"Pretty sure no one as in a employer, travel agent or the like is allowed access to your private medical record, so would have to take your word for it."
thanks everyone for being involved some of your comments really helped my questions ..thank you very much to all.

London (till 19th May)

"Pretty sure no one as in a employer, travel agent or the like is allowed access to your private medical record, so would have to take your word for it."

They are if you grant them access. It would be similar to the request to waiver the 48 hour week. On being offered a job the employer can be asked to sign the waiver. The employee can refuse but the employer then can withdraw the job offer. Simple choice really how much do you want the job.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

how do you become 60% disabled?? your either disabled or your not.... "

Not true there are many levels of disability and many different types

ashford

"Pretty sure no one as in a employer, travel agent or the like is allowed access to your private medical record, so would have to take your word for it.

They are if you grant them access. It would be similar to the request to waiver the 48 hour week. On being offered a job the employer can be asked to sign the waiver. The employee can refuse but the employer then can withdraw the job offer. Simple choice really how much do you want the job."

Yes true they can do that with the hours but will never b able to access yr medical records ! X

I don't think it will be made compulsory in this country because no vaccine is.

However I do think that some countries for example have already strongly suggested they will require proof of vaccine before allowing entry like Australia and New Zealand.

It's also possible that some companies may ask for proof of vaccine before giving any job offer but I don't think it will be compulsory in the sense the government will say everyone has to have one.

By *dd269Man  over a year ago

Clee

I can’t believe anyone using Fab can be frightened of a little prick!

Vaccinations were a routine of growing up. Sometimes I was given a lollipop!

The diseases are always far worse - you never want to risk catching a “tropical disease”.

And overseas travel required me to take hundreds of preventative vaccinations - and I was more than happy to take every one of them.

By *earchingfor36Woman  over a year ago

Rugby

Same at my job. Mandatory testing weekly !. Although the vaccine isn't law and is personal choice we have been advised that sick pay will stop for isolation and stop if track and traced . and if we get any flu symptoms.and don't expect to keep jobs.

I think its a small price to pay to keep them safe and return to normal . the chances of becoming illegal from it are just the same as shoving cocaine up people's noses and that don't stop the sniffers!! I had the opportunity for vaccine and took it . everyone who is scared of the vacine should care for someone dying from covid! Comparison is nothing

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

how do you become 60% disabled?? your either disabled or your not.... "

I would also like to know what 60% disabled means, and also where that information comes from???

London (till 19th May)

"Pretty sure no one as in a employer, travel agent or the like is allowed access to your private medical record, so would have to take your word for it.

They are if you grant them access. It would be similar to the request to waiver the 48 hour week. On being offered a job the employer can be asked to sign the waiver. The employee can refuse but the employer then can withdraw the job offer. Simple choice really how much do you want the job.

Yes true they can do that with the hours but will never b able to access yr medical records ! X"

Yes they can if you grant them access to speak to your Doctor. Employers already do this when dealing with long term sickness it is common practice.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Do you guys think everyone will be obliged to take the vacine even if they never been sick ?

The government has categorically stated that it will NOT be mandatory to have the vaccine.

Cal"

So we can consider that as being a 'yes' either next week or the week after

Somewhere in Co. Down

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 06:27:33]

how do you become 60% disabled?? your either disabled or your not....

I would also like to know what 60% disabled means, and also where that information comes from??? "

If you Google PIP asssessment you will see levels of disability on a 12 point scale for daily living and mobility.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"Do you guys think everyone will be obliged to take the vacine even if they never been sick ?"

I wouldn’t worry about it at the moment. The latest article by the National Audit Office suggests that 50% of the UK population won’t even get the chance of getting a vaccine until 2022. That will be pretty well everyone below 50. In the meantime I would be much more worried about getting COVID.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Yes true they can do that with the hours but will never b able to access yr medical records ! X"

Nobody is suggesting access to personal medical records. Just vaccination status. This is why I think we need a vaccination card, linked to a vaccination data base. So if you choose to show it, say at a interview, the prospective employer can only see if you have the required vaccine status.

ashford

Yes true they can do that with the hours but will never b able to access yr medical records ! X

Nobody is suggesting access to personal medical records. Just vaccination status. This is why I think we need a vaccination card, linked to a vaccination data base. So if you choose to show it, say at a interview, the prospective employer can only see if you have the required vaccine status. "

Ridiculous idea! X

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Had my first test today... and going into the tent felt like a virus disaster movie. The police helicopter happened to be flying overhead and we were herded into little stations and given sealed bags. They could have at least made it a little festive, perhaps wham playing, a festive mince pie and some mulled wine, perhaps festive face masks and Santa scanning you out as you leave with a little wave and a cough. As for vaccine, my view is I will wait and see what unfolds before listening to hearsay and conjecture. The decision is Too serious a thing to take lightly but guessing by the time it rolls out the Christmas covid swab may be a summer vaccination barbecue... now there’s an idea!

Selby

One nursing home company near me has told staff in order to get a bonus they need to agree to be vaccinated.

Our xmas bonus is a box of chocolate or cheap wine so it won't persuade my colleagues "

Could be worse like a daily notes books to write positive words

Selby

The government needs to open the economy and needs some monetary income to be able to keep supporting the most fragil people , that's why i believe will be mandatory at some point the vaccine as there's no economy/country that can keep for much longer the situation lockdown , this will lead a massive economic and social disaster

Sounds abit like having nvq's certificates I never find it hard to get a job they could have a pile of applications,people who haven't had a vaccine could go in the NO pile

Being mandatory doesn't help when there are many who can't take the vaccine,for health reasons etc there will be lots excluded from many things,let alone getting a job

I definitely agree it would protect the residents,if mandatory and relatives would feel there mum etc would be in a safe environment,we will have to wait and see in the future "

Your point is correct work and jobs probably will not be needed NVQ's just an intelligent conversation in dark room

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

That is called as bribery and is actually illegal.

Mandatory vax was voted in Parliament yesterday. No. Mandatory vax was the result.

HOWEVER!!

they concluded that businesses did not have to follow the decision but Parliament hoped they'd watch the debate and make "the right choices" they then went on to say it would ultimately come down to insurance companies. Vaxed! Lower premium for businesses. Non vaxed! Higher premiums. TOSSERS

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

A few airlines are saying that you must have the vaccine to fly with them, if it catches on it could be mandatory to have it to fly.

Wonder if those who refuse it still want NHS treatment if they caught it???

"Wonder if those who refuse it still want NHS treatment if they caught it???"
that's a ticky one

It it becomes mandatory then there should be an uprising .. no government should ever be allowed to take away our right to choose .. I dont think tories or snp are brave enough to enforce it with the current political landscape tho

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I can't see the problem in having it every medicine as some side effects

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 23:43:25]

On a mooch

"Mandatory vax was voted in Parliament yesterday. No. Mandatory vax was the result.

HOWEVER!!

they concluded that businesses did not have to follow the decision but Parliament hoped they'd watch the debate and make "the right choices" they then went on to say it would ultimately come down to insurance companies. Vaxed! Lower premium for businesses. Non vaxed! Higher premiums. TOSSERS "

Let’s wait and see if companies stick to this, it’s not even clear yet that under 50s (non vulnerable) will even be offered it and it’s still muted 16+ only. Time will tell

North West

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 23:47:15]

North West

"Mandatory vax was voted in Parliament yesterday. No. Mandatory vax was the result.

HOWEVER!!

they concluded that businesses did not have to follow the decision but Parliament hoped they'd watch the debate and make "the right choices" they then went on to say it would ultimately come down to insurance companies. Vaxed! Lower premium for businesses. Non vaxed! Higher premiums. TOSSERS

Let’s wait and see if companies stick to this, it’s not even clear yet that under 50s (non vulnerable) will even be offered it and it’s still muted 16+ only. Time will tell "

Spurs, the current suite of vaccines have been approved for 16+ because no younger people have been recruited into trials. Obviously trials involving children have extra layers of complexity (and many dr*gs we use in children have never actually been trialled in children).

On a mooch

HOWEVER!!

Let’s wait and see if companies stick to this, it’s not even clear yet that under 50s (non vulnerable) will even be offered it and it’s still muted 16+ only. Time will tell

Spurs, the current suite of vaccines have been approved for 16+ because no younger people have been recruited into trials. Obviously trials involving children have extra layers of complexity (and many dr*gs we use in children have never actually been trialled in children)."

I’m aware of that but I can’t find anywhere that states categorically that they are going to give it to under 50s, a mixture of we need to wait and see how this progresses first.

For me it’s more the companies already stating you can’t do this if not vaccinated, so under 16s no longer allowed to fly, go on holiday, visit relatives to name a few

I’m just biding my time and seeing what happens, as long as my folks get it when due, that’s good enough for me

North West

HOWEVER!!

Spurs, the current suite of vaccines have been approved for 16+ because no younger people have been recruited into trials. Obviously trials involving children have extra layers of complexity (and many dr*gs we use in children have never actually been trialled in children).

I’m aware of that but I can’t find anywhere that states categorically that they are going to give it to under 50s, a mixture of we need to wait and see how this progresses first.

For me it’s more the companies already stating you can’t do this if not vaccinated, so under 16s no longer allowed to fly, go on holiday, visit relatives to name a few

I’m just biding my time and seeing what happens, as long as my folks get it when due, that’s good enough for me "

There's a category of "16+ with pre existing health conditions" in the list of the vaccine priority groups.

To my knowledge, no Western country has a licensed Covid vaccine for under 16s, so I imagine any requirement for vaccination to travel will be for adults and (I'd hope) our illustrious Govt will be liaising with Govts across the world to highlight how the UK is vaccinating it's population (and how they're not making it available privately, for example).

Interesting fact - two of my Chinese students who intend to come to the UK in Jan already received a vaccine (a homegrown one from China). They're both under 20 and both stated it's purely because they want to travel abroad that they received it.

Central

I think the volumes of doses that have been ordered suggests that a fuller public offer will be made. Obviously not all vaccines are approved yet but my guess is that the first 3 publishing results will get it. We need to wait on the others, assuming that they will also have efficacy amongst them. The vaccines are the key tool that the government has to work on the reductions of infection numbers, with the added focus on earlier recipients being those with higher proportions of then who get severe reactions or death from infection.

Just letting the virus steam ahead through the more socially active and at risk of infection in workplaces, Universities etc, doesn't seem such a smart solution to getting us to greener pastures too quickly

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 06:34:58]

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

HOWEVER!!

they concluded that businesses did not have to follow the decision but Parliament hoped they'd watch the debate and make "the right choices" they then went on to say it would ultimately come down to insurance companies. Vaxed! Lower premium for businesses. Non vaxed! Higher premiums. TOSSERS "

Lower risk = lower premiums.

Higher risk = higher premiums.

Common sense and common practice among insurance companies is it not?

E

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"I’m Waiting a little bit to see What happens before I get mine. Bit like not downloading the latest iOS for a few days as a mini patch that fucks something uo will be released.

Vaccines in general should in my opinion, be mandatory unless medically exempt. Failing to Vaccinate your child should be child cruelty. "

Yes because the MMR was a masterpiece wasn't it.

ribble valley

"I’m Waiting a little bit to see What happens before I get mine. Bit like not downloading the latest iOS for a few days as a mini patch that fucks something uo will be released.

Vaccines in general should in my opinion, be mandatory unless medically exempt. Failing to Vaccinate your child should be child cruelty.

Yes because the MMR was a masterpiece wasn't it. "

I thought the mmr vaccine was safe. Just a lot of lies spread about it. The vast majority have always taken it and its been successful

MMR vaccine is perfectly safe. It carries no more risk of side effects than any other vaccine.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

MMR vaccine is perfectly safe. It carries no more risk of side effects than any other vaccine. "

Mr Blair seemed to think otherwise......never did answer the question did he?

We are honest and didn't take the risk so paid and gave ours the single vaccines but as they are boys, didn't bother with the R.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Nobody is suggesting access to personal medical records. Just vaccination status. This is why I think we need a vaccination card, linked to a vaccination data base. So if you choose to show it, say at a interview, the prospective employer can only see if you have the required vaccine status.

Ridiculous idea! X"

Totally agree.

Those who want the vaccine, have it, those who don't, don't.

I can see massive long lengthy court cases regarding human rights about having to produce a card. This is just another scaremongering story by the people who are duped by the vaccines are game changers,

The vaccine does NOT prevent someone getting the virus.

The vaccine does NOT stop someone passing the virus on

It MAY stop the more serious issues of the virus.

Don't take this as a part for not taking the vaccine or taking it.

Next, they'll be saying we have to carry ID cards..

Unless specific laws are passed about vaccine being mandatory then it's a choice and nobody has access. You can actually limit what your doctor releases to a prospective or current employer

Also, think about this. It's stated that they'll vaccinate 300,000 people a week. OK so after 3 weeks, do all the vaccinations stop for the first 300.000 to have their 2nd injection or are they moving to 300,000 more each week? They aren't testing 300,000 a week and the injection isn't any easier.

Even if made mandatory, we have a legal system, judicial reviews etc.

Yep, ridiculous idea

ribble valley

MMR vaccine is perfectly safe. It carries no more risk of side effects than any other vaccine.

Mr Blair seemed to think otherwise......never did answer the question did he?

We are honest and didn't take the risk so paid and gave ours the single vaccines but as they are boys, didn't bother with the R."

I think it began with crooked doc Andrew Wakefield. Making up random results. He was found guilty, and struck off by the BMC.

Bolton

You honestly think the NHS would refuse? Stop paying the NI then

ribble valley

Ridiculous idea! X

Totally agree.

Those who want the vaccine, have it, those who don't, don't.

I can see massive long lengthy court cases regarding human rights about having to produce a card. This is just another scaremongering story by the people who are duped by the vaccines are game changers,

The vaccine does NOT prevent someone getting the virus.

The vaccine does NOT stop someone passing the virus on

It MAY stop the more serious issues of the virus.

Don't take this as a part for not taking the vaccine or taking it.

Next, they'll be saying we have to carry ID cards..

Unless specific laws are passed about vaccine being mandatory then it's a choice and nobody has access. You can actually limit what your doctor releases to a prospective or current employer

Also, think about this. It's stated that they'll vaccinate 300,000 people a week. OK so after 3 weeks, do all the vaccinations stop for the first 300.000 to have their 2nd injection or are they moving to 300,000 more each week? They aren't testing 300,000 a week and the injection isn't any easier.

Even if made mandatory, we have a legal system, judicial reviews etc.

Yep, ridiculous idea "

I'm totally pro choice. Just as we are now, nobody has to show a card or even have one. No "human rights laws" stop anybody asking you anything. But all choices in life come with consequences. Just like I D cards now. You can have one, but you don't have to show it to anyone.

Bolton

I thought the mmr vaccine was safe. Just a lot of lies spread about it. The vast majority have always taken it and its been successful "

Tell that to the parents of the children who were severly affected by the MMR vaccine. The VAST MAJORITY? So, you're actually saying that there is a minority that were affected.

Can you possibly imagine the dilemma of a parent decision to inject their child and possibly making them severly disabled.

Bolton

MMR vaccine is perfectly safe. It carries no more risk of side effects than any other vaccine. "

Bit of a strange statement. It is perfectly safe but carries no more side effects than any other vaccine. So vaccines do carry side effects? So not PERFECTLY safe then.

By *arkhorse7Man  over a year ago

birmingham

New Zealand has managed to contain the virus without the need for vaccine, a lot of countries are reluctant to go full throttle with vaccine, yet for some reason our government is full throttle for it ..... Probably because Boris or afew of his pals are on the boards out to make tons of dish, just like PPE contracts given in hundreds of millions to people connected to conservative party or donors !!!!!!

ribble valley

I thought the mmr vaccine was safe. Just a lot of lies spread about it. The vast majority have always taken it and its been successful

Tell that to the parents of the children who were severly affected by the MMR vaccine. The VAST MAJORITY? So, you're actually saying that there is a minority that were affected.

Can you possibly imagine the dilemma of a parent decision to inject their child and possibly making them severly disabled. "

The vast amount of parents are happy to use the mmr vaccine, myself being one. I clearly meant the vast amount of children get vaccinated. When I was a child, I caught measles. It was the most poorly I've been in my life.

Bolton

Can you possibly imagine the dilemma of a parent decision to inject their child and possibly making them severly disabled.

The vast amount of parents are happy to use the mmr vaccine, myself being one. I clearly meant the vast amount of children get vaccinated. When I was a child, I caught measles. It was the most poorly I've been in my life. "

The best is yet to come

Bolton

The vast amount of parents are happy to use the mmr vaccine, myself being one. I clearly meant the vast amount of children get vaccinated. When I was a child, I caught measles. It was the most poorly I've been in my life. "

You did say that you THOUGHT the MMR vaccine was safe. There were some children affected by the MMR vaccine and of course, remember, not everyone agrees or able to take vaccinations.

ribble valley

The vast amount of parents are happy to use the mmr vaccine, myself being one. I clearly meant the vast amount of children get vaccinated. When I was a child, I caught measles. It was the most poorly I've been in my life.

You did say that you THOUGHT the MMR vaccine was safe. There were some children affected by the MMR vaccine and of course, remember, not everyone agrees or able to take vaccinations. "

Not sure which children were affected, as the study was proved to be false. What problems is it responsible for?

Bolton

You did say that you THOUGHT the MMR vaccine was safe. There were some children affected by the MMR vaccine and of course, remember, not everyone agrees or able to take vaccinations.

Not sure which children were affected, as the study was proved to be false. What problems is it responsible for? "

Well I daresay that they aren't actually named but here. Extremely rare does mean there are some even if it's only one.

Jump to Side effects — Side effects from the MMR vaccine can range from minor to serious: Minor: fever and mild rash. Moderate: pain and stiffness of the joints, seizure, and low platelet count. Serious: allergic reaction, which can cause hives, swelling, and trouble breathing (extremely rare)

Bolton

Not sure which children were affected, as the study was proved to be false. What problems is it responsible for? "

Low platelet count

Overview

Thrombocytopenia is a condition in which you have a low blood platelet count. Platelets (thrombocytes) are colorless blood cells that help blood clot. Platelets stop bleeding by clumping and forming plugs in blood vessel injuries.

Thrombocytopenia might occur as a result of a bone marrow disorder such as leukemia or an immune system problem. Or it can be a side effect of taking certain medications. It affects both children and adults.

There you go

There’s nothing to prove the MMR vaccine caused problems. The theories have been debunked numerously. It was purely scaremongering !! I have an autistic daughter and in no way was it the vaccine. Do some research and you will find that it’s something that happens while they are still in the womb. It’s just that it doesn’t start to manifest itself till around the time of the vaccine but as it was a man who started the stupid theory I’m not surprised, men haven’t a clue what goes on during pregnancy ...

ribble valley

Not sure which children were affected, as the study was proved to be false. What problems is it responsible for?

Low platelet count

Overview

Thrombocytopenia is a condition in which you have a low blood platelet count. Platelets (thrombocytes) are colorless blood cells that help blood clot. Platelets stop bleeding by clumping and forming plugs in blood vessel injuries.

Thrombocytopenia might occur as a result of a bone marrow disorder such as leukemia or an immune system problem. Or it can be a side effect of taking certain medications. It affects both children and adults.

There you go "

So just blood thinning? . There's medicine to treat that side effect.Sore joints too, maybe a slight fever. I'd deffinatly say it's very safe to use then. Any other problems or just that?

"New Zealand has managed to contain the virus without the need for vaccine, a lot of countries are reluctant to go full throttle with vaccine, yet for some reason our government is full throttle for it ..... Probably because Boris or afew of his pals are on the boards out to make tons of dish, just like PPE contracts given in hundreds of millions to people connected to conservative party or donors !!!!!! "

No New Zealand has managed to contain the virus by closing off, so if they want to open up again and allow travellers in and their people to have free movement they will need the vaccine

I think that was just a scare mongering article.

The real reason it's not being made mandatory is simply consistent with government approach to most things, allowing people to choose, to be adult. Even many pandemic restrictions have not been mandatory but strong recommendations that all should follow. It's not worked as hoped so stronger measures were put in place, even those have been ignored by many and so were in this situation we're facing right now.

Even the lifting of certain restrictions over Christmas is yet another demonstration of the way the government want to allow freedom of choice and responsibility. Sadly we'll pay for it in the new year and our hospitals will be over worked and the very people that need the rest will be working long back to back shifts because of the simple fuckwitts in our society.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Do you guys think everyone will be obliged to take the vacine even if they never been sick ?

Cal"

Uh oh. That doesn't sound good.

The South

I've got 137 in the "How many more times will this be asked and answered?" sweepstake....

E

"No you will probably be offered it but it is up to each individual if they decide to take it or not. "

Sadly that may not be true. The Government said once we are out of Europe (they can't do it while we are in Europe) they are going to pass a law that allows the Government to force the vaccine on us.

The South

"No you will probably be offered it but it is up to each individual if they decide to take it or not.

Sadly that may not be true. The Government said once we are out of Europe (they can't do it while we are in Europe) they are going to pass a law that allows the Government to force the vaccine on us. "

Link please.

Because you know........

E

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"No you will probably be offered it but it is up to each individual if they decide to take it or not.

Sadly that may not be true. The Government said once we are out of Europe (they can't do it while we are in Europe) they are going to pass a law that allows the Government to force the vaccine on us. "

Link?

ashford

Dont belive that for one second! X

The South

Waiting........

*taps foot.

E

Tin town

Gonna call BS on this

The South

Sadly that may not be true. The Government said once we are out of Europe (they can't do it while we are in Europe) they are going to pass a law that allows the Government to force the vaccine on us.

Gonna call BS on this"

You're not alone.

E

By *ets join the funCouple  over a year ago

london

They tried that in Denmark

Protesters was on the streets for over a week ...

Oddly we hear nothing on the news tho

Tin town

Gonna call BS on this

You're not alone.

E"

Just me and the sky TV remote here...

london

Oddly we hear nothing on the news tho "

Just received... Good news for Denmark!! ????..Pray its not long that this happens for the UK, And the rest of the world ?? ??????????????

??? to the People!

Watch "Denmark Say NO To Lockdown Law & Government Relent #PeoplePower" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/zadErfQ2pMY

Denmark proposed a law to allow mandatory vaccines and physical detentions for Covid19 treatments.

The people have protested for 9 days pots and pans demonstration and now the proposal is being reversed

This is not being reported anywhere in mainstream media.??

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.that sounds scary. "
well seeing as our government have given Pfizer an indemnity over this vaccine no one will be allowed to claim anything if something does go wrong. Nb

Pfizer have a, long history of claims being made, against them. Some were settled, some were overruled and some are, still ongoing in the USA

They also had to pay out a world record for fraud

Will I be having this vaccine... No thank you. i will wait for something else to come along

BS all the way before even asking for a link which I know you'll not produce. Prove me wrong please.

Oddly we hear nothing on the news tho "

I posted about it while it was happening a few months back and put up two links at the time as a friend there sent me a few videos of what was happening in the streets and the mass demos outside government buildings around the country. They tried to make the pandemic laws brought about in March permanent. The people saw what was happening and said no.

Mainstream media completely ignored it for some strange reason.

Gonna call BS on this

You're not alone.

E

Just me and the sky TV remote here... "

Didn't see these before I responded.

To simply put it the answer is no.

But if your offered it and refuse it for any other grounds other than medical reasons your just a bit of a pleb

ashford

"To simply put it the answer is no.

But if your offered it and refuse it for any other grounds other than medical reasons your just a bit of a pleb"

Iyo!! X

The South

"I read somewhere that it won't be made mandatory, so that if it turns out that there are serious side effects, nobody can be sued, as you have had it through your own will.that sounds scary. well seeing as our government have given Pfizer an indemnity over this vaccine no one will be allowed to claim anything if something does go wrong. Nb

Pfizer have a, long history of claims being made, against them. Some were settled, some were overruled and some are, still ongoing in the USA

They also had to pay out a world record for fraud

Will I be having this vaccine... No thank you. i will wait for something else to come along "

All companies (like pfizer) are indemnified.

Pfizer are an American company. America, where litigation is an industry in it's own right.

I've lost track of the times people have posted about Pfizer being exempt from prosecution and someone's pointed out it's not unusual.

How many more before it sinks in?

E

Bolton

Low platelet count

Overview

There you go

So just blood thinning? . There's medicine to treat that side effect.Sore joints too, maybe a slight fever. I'd deffinatly say it's very safe to use then. Any other problems or just that? "

And the extent of the Covid 19 side effects are?

Bolton

Can you supply the source of this or is this just another thought of the covid police?

There is absolutely no way the Government will force a vaccine on us.

Now, it's going to be some time till I get offered the vaccination but if this situation arises, I will definitely stand back and not have it forced on me.

I will become an anti vaxxer.

Bolton

"To simply put it the answer is no.

But if your offered it and refuse it for any other grounds other than medical reasons your just a bit of a pleb

Iyo!! X"

Exactly

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Looks like Brazil are going down the mandatory route. With “incentives” such as restricting access to welfare payments, Schools and other places.

No thank you.

ashford

"Looks like Brazil are going down the mandatory route. With “incentives” such as restricting access to welfare payments, Schools and other places.

No thank you.

"

That is sooo wrong!! X

my daughters tickets for a concert next year have said that you must be vaccinated to attend.

Can you supply the source of this or is this just another thought of the covid police?

There is absolutely no way the Government will force a vaccine on us.

Now, it's going to be some time till I get offered the vaccination but if this situation arises, I will definitely stand back and not have it forced on me.

I will become an anti vaxxer."

3 days and waiting. I wish people would think about what they read or better still think before posting stuff like that.

On a mooch

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x my daughters tickets for a concert next year have said that you must be vaccinated to attend. "

Well I hope they roll it out to her age group in time for her concert.

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x my daughters tickets for a concert next year have said that you must be vaccinated to attend. "

Really, which concert?

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"

The test I can understand, better safe than sorry with someone unknowingly spreading the virus.

But they can't force you to take the vaccine. They're not sure if vaccinated people can be carriers, they do know it's highly effective in preventing people getting ill from it. So it's basically just on yourself if you were to get very ill from covid, after turning down a vaccine x

ashford

Which concert is this? X

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

No. But Travel into other countries might require it for entry - I'm thinking that a lot of anti-vaxers may well suddenly become supporters.

But also if the UK decided to go entry only with a vax then . . . !

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x my daughters tickets for a concert next year have said that you must be vaccinated to attend.

Which concert is this? X"

I dont know.. she was just asking me if I thought she would have had it by then... its next august. It's apparently via ticket master and they are apparently saying test results and or vaccine status will be required for large events x

london

To travel yes but concerts etc., cant see that happening tbh x my daughters tickets for a concert next year have said that you must be vaccinated to attend.

Which concert is this? X"

https://youtu.be/p4Q2Dm0Ebb0

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The 80 year olds getting vaccinated now aren't being given any proof they could show Ticketmaster

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"The 80 year olds getting vaccinated now aren't being given any proof they could show Ticketmaster"

They are getting a card with both appointments on - you can find it online.

I know it's looking increasingly likely that to travel abroad you will have to have had the vaccine. I'm okay with that.

I was looking for my planned travels next year and currently I have to have a negative test result not more than 48 hours before I land x

ashford

"I know it's looking increasingly likely that to travel abroad you will have to have had the vaccine. I'm okay with that.

I was looking for my planned travels next year and currently I have to have a negative test result not more than 48 hours before I land x"

That's not same as having to prove u had a vaccine? X

ashford

Which concert is this? X I dont know.. she was just asking me if I thought she would have had it by then... its next august. It's apparently via ticket master and they are apparently saying test results and or vaccine status will be required for large events x "

Looked on Ticketmaster and yes it is saying proof of vaccine or negative test x

Which concert is this? X I dont know.. she was just asking me if I thought she would have had it by then... its next august. It's apparently via ticket master and they are apparently saying test results and or vaccine status will be required for large events x

Looked on Ticketmaster and yes it is saying proof of vaccine or negative test x"

Interesting. So if I’ve paid out my £150 to go and see the stones at Wembley but can’t manage to get a test within the 48 hours due to lack of capacity do I get my £150 back?

Which concert is this? X I dont know.. she was just asking me if I thought she would have had it by then... its next august. It's apparently via ticket master and they are apparently saying test results and or vaccine status will be required for large events x

Looked on Ticketmaster and yes it is saying proof of vaccine or negative test x"

Only one of those isn't going to be much use, as you can transmit/ have virus even if you are vaccinated. So it would need to be both if they are being that strict about it, surely?

"I know it's looking increasingly likely that to travel abroad you will have to have had the vaccine. I'm okay with that.

I was looking for my planned travels next year and currently I have to have a negative test result not more than 48 hours before I land x

That's not same as having to prove u had a vaccine? X"

they are saying from next year you are likely to have to prove your vaccinated as well as testing negative for flying. Quantas has already said for definite.

So for me while not mandatory... it will make life easier.. I though have no issue with having it. Not sure when I will get offered it though.

Bolton

Think it'll be a few years before that'll be remotely possible. It'll take 4 years for this batch to be done with the logistics. 138,000 in 10 days and obviously there has to be a pause every 3 weeks while the first recipients get their second jab. So by the time they've done 300,000, that'll be end of January. By recent statistics, there's 15.5 million people over 60 plus vulnerable people so that the 20 million doses sorted and at the pace they're delivering the vaccine, it'll take 4 years. Not much hope for under 60's before 2025.

Bolton

I was looking for my planned travels next year and currently I have to have a negative test result not more than 48 hours before I land x"

Please look at my previous post as regards time and age for vaccine

Bolton

That's not same as having to prove u had a vaccine? X they are saying from next year you are likely to have to prove your vaccinated as well as testing negative for flying. Quantas has already said for definite.

So for me while not mandatory... it will make life easier.. I though have no issue with having it. Not sure when I will get offered it though. "

Not being negative with this and your hopes but you do the maths.

At the rate they're vaccinating people (13,800) a day and remember, these HAVE to be recalled in 21 days, it'll take 4 years to use the one vaccine. Pointless having 3/4 vaccines if there's no ability or capacity to deliver. Take into account there are 15.5 million people over 60 then a few millions who are vulnerable. That uses the doses of the first vaccine.

Unless they can vaccinate a million a week (remember two vaccinations so that can equate to half a million per week, it'll be many months/years to get the majority vaccinated.

Ironically the vaccine is only necessary for people who have yet to have it. Antibodies stay in the body for 3 months. Longer if one is regularly exposed to a small viral count. You don't get the MMR jab because you have had those illnesses.

Bolton

Ironically the vaccine is only necessary for people who have yet to have it. Antibodies stay in the body for 3 months. Longer if one is regularly exposed to a small viral count. You don't get the MMR jab because you have had those illnesses. "

So if the antibodies stay in you for 3 months, that means you're liable to get reinfected after 3 months so why can't they get the vaccine after 3 months?

It will be "voluntary"

In the sense that you can stay under house arrest and be barred from any form of employment; or you can voluntarily take the vaccine.

"It will be "voluntary"

In the sense that you can stay under house arrest and be barred from any form of employment; or you can voluntarily take the vaccine. "

really is that true?

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

In the sense that you can stay under house arrest and be barred from any form of employment; or you can voluntarily take the vaccine. really is that true? "

Please

I'm now getting to think they've taken the word gullible out of the dictionary.

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

In the sense that you can stay under house arrest and be barred from any form of employment; or you can voluntarily take the vaccine. "

No wonder there are do many people against the vaccine when there's pure BS like this being peddled..

Who is under house arrest in this country?

By *gd66Man  over a year ago

Lichfield

"Had my first test today... and going into the tent felt like a virus disaster movie. The police helicopter happened to be flying overhead and we were herded into little stations and given sealed bags. They could have at least made it a little festive, perhaps wham playing, a festive mince pie and some mulled wine, perhaps festive face masks and Santa scanning you out as you leave with a little wave and a cough. As for vaccine, my view is I will wait and see what unfolds before listening to hearsay and conjecture. The decision is Too serious a thing to take lightly but guessing by the time it rolls out the Christmas covid swab may be a summer vaccination barbecue... now there’s an idea! "

What muppet

ashford

Looked on Ticketmaster and yes it is saying proof of vaccine or negative test x

Interesting. So if I’ve paid out my £150 to go and see the stones at Wembley but can’t manage to get a test within the 48 hours due to lack of capacity do I get my £150 back?"

Yes exactly cant see them implementing tbh !! X

ashford

"It will be "voluntary"

Um nope! X

We shall see.

But you are right of course, these lockdowns aren't house arrest.

Under house arrest you can invite people round.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

I say again, warning, nonsense alert.

What utter, utter twaddle.

E

That's not same as having to prove u had a vaccine? X they are saying from next year you are likely to have to prove your vaccinated as well as testing negative for flying. Quantas has already said for definite.

So for me while not mandatory... it will make life easier.. I though have no issue with having it. Not sure when I will get offered it though.

At the rate they're vaccinating people (13,800) a day and remember, these HAVE to be recalled in 21 days, it'll take 4 years to use the one vaccine. Pointless having 3/4 vaccines if there's no ability or capacity to deliver. Take into account there are 15.5 million people over 60 then a few millions who are vulnerable. That uses the doses of the first vaccine.

Unless they can vaccinate a million a week (remember two vaccinations so that can equate to half a million per week, it'll be many months/years to get the majority vaccinated. "

I'd imagine as I'm in group 4 I will be offered it sooner rather than later... not that I agree to being in group 4 btw.

"It will be "voluntary"

In the sense that you can stay under house arrest and be barred from any form of employment; or you can voluntarily take the vaccine.

Warning, nonsense alert.

E"

Based on?

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

That'll be down to the venues (and potentially the performers) I think.

After all it is their venue and they can refuse admission for any reason.

If they think they may lose more customers if there are no checks they will do them.

Warwick

Unless they can vaccinate a million a week (remember two vaccinations so that can equate to half a million per week, it'll be many months/years to get the majority vaccinated. "

That is at the current vaccination rate.

They are massively upping the number of places that can give the vaccine.

It will still take some time, but nowhere near 3 to 4 years.

Also, to bring the virus under control, not everyone needs vaccination. That's the beauty of herd immunisation.

Central

"It will be "voluntary"

There's no evidence that this is generally the case, of course.

"It will be "voluntary"

There's no evidence that this is generally the case, of course. "

And you have no evidence that it's not.

There are however substantial numbers of companies lining up to say that you won't be able to engage with their services if you haven't had it. Which suggests strongly that you won't be able to work for their services if you haven't had it. We have already spent substantial periods of the year under lockdowns, civil liberties be damned.

Either the virus is deadly enough to have justified all that has been done in its name, in which case it will absolutely be used to justify a requirement for vaccination to engage in society, because noone wants to be an anti-vaxxer right? Or the virus isn't deadly enough to justify it, which is something they absolutely cannot concede.

Bolton

Unless they can vaccinate a million a week (remember two vaccinations so that can equate to half a million per week, it'll be many months/years to get the majority vaccinated.

Also, to bring the virus under control, not everyone needs vaccination. That's the beauty of herd immunisation. "

If you recall, they were upping the testing rate massively and that got nowhere near 1 million a week. In the example I gave, that was the first 40 million doses for 20 million people. That is only 1/4 of the population

Where does herd immunity comes in the equation of vaccination?

Ok, let's try it a different way. Let's keep with the figure of 20 million doses (each person needs 2 injections). You tell me how many people they'd have to vaccinate, per week, to get through the 20 million.

I really don't think people realise how big 1 million is.

Also, to bring the virus under control, not everyone needs vaccination. That's the beauty of herd immunisation.

If you recall, they were upping the testing rate massively and that got nowhere near 1 million a week. In the example I gave, that was the first 40 million doses for 20 million people. That is only 1/4 of the population

Ok, let's try it a different way. Let's keep with the figure of 20 million doses (each person needs 2 injections). You tell me how many people they'd have to vaccinate, per week, to get through the 20 million.

I really don't think people realise how big 1 million is. "

its already started, Vaccination time slots from 6am each morning through to 10pm, time slots every 10 minutes

I am booked in for 5.40pm tomorrow

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

There's no evidence that this is generally the case, of course.

And you have no evidence that it's not.

There are however substantial numbers of companies lining up to say that you won't be able to engage with their services if you haven't had it. Which suggests strongly that you won't be able to work for their services if you haven't had it. We have already spent substantial periods of the year under lockdowns, civil liberties be damned.

Either the virus is deadly enough to have justified all that has been done in its name, in which case it will absolutely be used to justify a requirement for vaccination to engage in society, because noone wants to be an anti-vaxxer right? Or the virus isn't deadly enough to justify it, which is something they absolutely cannot concede. "

You cannot put a wild thought out there and when someone says that's there's no evidence for that, you come back and say there's no evidence that it isn't. You have absolutely nothing to back up your suggestion except saying there's loads of companies lining up.. OK, I'll accept that if you can list these companies

This is twoddle, it's non-mandatory but not for this reason. You can sue people for any harm they cause- if you choose to go to a restaurant and they give you food poisoning it's not your fault because you chose to go there- you are entitled to take action.

This is twoddle, it's non-mandatory but not for this reason. You can sue people for any harm they cause- if you choose to go to a restaurant and they give you food poisoning it's not your fault because you chose to go there- you are entitled to take action."

absolutely spot on

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?"

Based on what you wrote being utter twaddle.

E

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E"

Which bit is utter twaddle?

By *hil_SW19Man  over a year ago

Raynes Park

It won't be mandatory but everyone should get it because You might not get sick but you could be asymptomatic which means you are a plague carrier.

It's not just about you but everyone else.

Would you take something which could give you a rash,gastrointestinal ulcerations,abdominal pain,upset stomach,heartburn,drowsiness,headache,cramping?

That's the potential side effects of aspirin..

Worried about microchips? If you have a facebook twitter mobile phone; too late- plus we are not that interesting

Worried about the jab containing covid? The covid jab doesn't contain any. And remember those holiday jabs all follow immunization of all containing a dormant strain.

Do not read unproven science

Do not believe piers Corbyn or david Locke.

Wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance until March.

If you dont - lockdown 3 in january

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

Personally i think all healthcare workers should be made to have it after all you choose to work in that field as you wanted to help people so this is the best way you can do it i was gutted that i couldnt get mine the other day as you have to be 28days post covid i was only 25 raging and you will most definitely need it for forgein travel

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Why is it different from other Communicable diseases we treat, Smokers we treat, substance abusers ?

Bolton

It won't be mandatory but everyone should get it because You might not get sick but you could be asymptomatic which means you are a plague carrier.

It's not just about you but everyone else.

Would you take something which could give you a rash,gastrointestinal ulcerations,abdominal pain,upset stomach,heartburn,drowsiness,headache,cramping?

That's the potential side effects of aspirin..

Worried about microchips? If you have a facebook twitter mobile phone; too late- plus we are not that interesting

Worried about the jab containing covid? The covid jab doesn't contain any. And remember those holiday jabs all follow immunization of all containing a dormant strain.

Do not read unproven science

Do not believe piers Corbyn or david Locke.

Wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance until March.

If you dont - lockdown 3 in january "

It'll be lockdown in January anyway.

You can still get the virus if you have the vaccine and it doesn't stop you passing it on but may lessen the severity of the virus.

So take the vaccine but you won't get it before January when you claim there will be a lockdown.

Even if it weren't. I would still have it. No different to my flu shot. If countries make it a requirement to travel to them. I'll gladly take it. So I can get the fuck out of here.

J

Bolton

"Even if it weren't. I would still have it. No different to my flu shot. If countries make it a requirement to travel to them. I'll gladly take it. So I can get the fuck out of here.

J "

To other countries that may have a higher infection rate and come back and spread it around because the vaccine does NOT prevent you from getting Covid and it DOESN'T prevent you from passing it on to others so in essence, you to a degree are protecting yourself from getting the worst of the symptoms.

Possibly it may be the pro vaxxers are the selfish ones after all.

Do not read anything into what I have put to say that I am pro or anti vaxxine. I will decide when it gets to my turn with the scientific evidence available.

Just saying

Warwick

"...

"

I just mentioned it as it means we don't need 100% of people to be immunised against it for the virus to be brought under control.

If in the real world, the vaccines are as effective as the trials show, then the current expectation is that we only need about 70% of the population to be vaccinated.

Obviously this number isn't exact and will change based on natural immunity gained from from catching the virus and how long immunity lasts.

Your simple maths is great for trying to prove a point, but it isn't realistic as it's a very complex situation that simple maths can't answer.

Bolton

"...

I just mentioned it as it means we don't need 100% of people to be immunised against it for the virus to be brought under control.

If in the real world, the vaccines are as effective as the trials show, then the current expectation is that we only need about 70% of the population to be vaccinated.

Obviously this number isn't exact and will change based on natural immunity gained from from catching the virus and how long immunity lasts.

Your simple maths is great for trying to prove a point, but it isn't realistic as it's a very complex situation that simple maths can't answer. "

Ok, so you explain better then. Obviously simple terms don't work for you.

If it's 70% that need the vaccination then why are so many whinging about the anti vaxxers.

You tell me what is realistic please if my simple maths isn't realistic.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

Which bit is utter twaddle? "

The bit that was posted.

E

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

"

So that's a 'no idea then'

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

So that's a 'no idea then' "

If you can't see what's twaddle about it, I'd suggest a trip to Specsavers.

Let me know, I've got a voucher you can have.

E

Tin town

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

So that's a 'no idea then' "

I think probably the one sentence that was posted. About staying under house arrest or being barred from any form of employment. Unless you have any evidence probably don't need this kind of scaremongering. There's enough worried people out there already.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

I think probably the one sentence that was posted. About staying under house arrest or being barred from any form of employment. Unless you have any evidence probably don't need this kind of scaremongering. There's enough worried people out there already. "

^he sees it.

E

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

No

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E"

Send it on. Twaddle depends if you agree or disagree.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E

Send it on. Twaddle depends if you agree or disagree. "

No, it doesn't, it really doesn't.

Twaddle has absolutely nothing to do with agreeing or disagreeing.

It has everything to do with a statement being fact or a work of fiction. It really really does.

What was posted was pure fantasy fiction, unsubstantiated nonsense.

E

Warwick

"...

Your simple maths is great for trying to prove a point, but it isn't realistic as it's a very complex situation that simple maths can't answer.

Ok, so you explain better then. Obviously simple terms don't work for you.

If it's 70% that need the vaccination then why are so many whinging about the anti vaxxers.

You tell me what is realistic please if my simple maths isn't realistic. "

Nope, I can't explain better and I'm not going to try.

But this article explains some of the details and might be of interesting reading (based in America btw).

https://www.statnews.com/2020/12/17/calculating-our-way-to-herd-immunity/

As for why people moan about anti-vaxxer, I don't know why others do it.

I have no problem with people having concerns about the vaccine, but I have an issue with the lies and false info about them that gets spread. The more people with immunity, the safer 'everyone' is (by creating a stronger herd immunity), so any false info can spread fear and can damage the uptake, causing us to be in lockdowns and isolation for longer and can cause more deaths.

Bolton

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E

It has everything to do with a statement being fact or a work of fiction. It really really does.

E"

See, some say that the science behind the vaccine is acceptable, others say it is twaddle. The anti vaxxers and others who don't like the threats and pressure behind having to take a vaccination will say that the claims made by the scientists and government is twaddle. The people who agree with the vaccine and think the vaccine will restore life as we knew it say the claims that the other group is twaddle.

Twaddle is a perception of what someone agrees with or not. I agree, twaddle is twaddle but it depends on which side of the fence you or others sit or indeed on the fence and could say that both side are talking twaddle.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E

E

See, some say that the science behind the vaccine is acceptable, others say it is twaddle. The anti vaxxers and others who don't like the threats and pressure behind having to take a vaccination will say that the claims made by the scientists and government is twaddle. The people who agree with the vaccine and think the vaccine will restore life as we knew it say the claims that the other group is twaddle.

Twaddle is a perception of what someone agrees with or not. I agree, twaddle is twaddle but it depends on which side of the fence you or others sit or indeed on the fence and could say that both side are talking twaddle. "

Nope, That's still not correct.

Facts are not twaddle. Facts are facts. Because someone chooses not to believe facts does not make those facts twaddle.

People can claim xyz, but if those claims aren't factual, they're twaddle. Perception doesn't change facts.

Twaddle is as I said pure fantasy fiction, unsubstantiated nonsense.

In the instance of the comment I replied to, stating that those who don't take the vaccine will be put under house arrest and refused any form of employment is complete and utter twaddle.

No scientist or politician of any country in the entire world has made such a statement.

Ergo, it's pure fantasy fiction and unsubstantiated nonsense.

In other words, twaddle.

E

Tin town

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E

E

Twaddle is a perception of what someone agrees with or not. I agree, twaddle is twaddle but it depends on which side of the fence you or others sit or indeed on the fence and could say that both side are talking twaddle. "

Twaddle dee and twaddle dum

You write this...

"don't like the threats and pressure behind having to take a vaccination will say that the claims made by the scientists and government is twaddle."

I don't especially want an injection. I happen to think there s no such thing as a free lunch, so anything you put in your body has consequences. But like a few have already written. I think there is room for people to question and ask for clarity.

So save for some of the messages in these fora, exactly what threats and pressure have you been put under by the govt and or scientists to have the vaccine.?because as far as I can see the govt have always said it is voluntary..and will be rolled out in groups of most vulnerable first. I haven't seen any govt message exerting pressure regarding the vaccine.

The South

"It will be "voluntary"

Warning, nonsense alert.

E

Based on?

E

The bit that was posted.

E

E

E

Twaddle is a perception of what someone agrees with or not. I agree, twaddle is twaddle but it depends on which side of the fence you or others sit or indeed on the fence and could say that both side are talking twaddle.

Twaddle dee and twaddle dum

You write this...

"don't like the threats and pressure behind having to take a vaccination will say that the claims made by the scientists and government is twaddle."

I don't especially want an injection. I happen to think there s no such thing as a free lunch, so anything you put in your body has consequences. But like a few have already written. I think there is room for people to question and ask for clarity.

So save for some of the messages in these fora, exactly what threats and pressure have you been put under by the govt and or scientists to have the vaccine.?because as far as I can see the govt have always said it is voluntary..and will be rolled out in groups of most vulnerable first. I haven't seen any govt message exerting pressure regarding the vaccine. "

Yup, no one from the scientific community or government ate exerting any pressure to take the jab.

It's advised and recommended, which is frankly, common bloody sense anyway.

But pressure? No. Yet more twaddle.

E