FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How many vaccinated so far?

How many vaccinated so far?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A bit surprised there’s no tracking of how many people have been vaccinated in the UK so far so a fab poll... who’s had the vaccine so far?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"A bit surprised there’s no tracking of how many people have been vaccinated in the UK so far so a fab poll... who’s had the vaccine so far?"

I don't think anyone knows how many or they are not telling I think it's should be told like how many have died.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Probably thousands by now.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Ask me in a year and I might be able to answer your question

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

At least 30 or 40 people while the cameras are rolling.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A bit surprised there’s no tracking of how many people have been vaccinated in the UK so far so a fab poll... who’s had the vaccine so far?

I don't think anyone knows how many or they are not telling I think it's should be told like how many have died. "

I don't think anyone has died from the vaccine yet and if they had then they wouldn't be advertising it. It would be kept secret.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

They are limiting who gets it. My daughter has been told she will be offered it shortly as she falls into group 4

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I know of an old couple getting theres tomorrow,both in there eighties.

Less than a mile from me they have converted a leisure centre and pool into a vaccination centre.

It fills me with joy that this is hapening.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"I know of an old couple getting theres tomorrow,both in there eighties.

Less than a mile from me they have converted a leisure centre and pool into a vaccination centre.

It fills me with joy that this is hapening."

Me too! I want normal back!

Also to see what this site is like with no covid I joined during lockdown so curious to see how different it will be. Looking forward to trying a club too.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"They are limiting who gets it. My daughter has been told she will be offered it shortly as she falls into group 4 "

Impressive she is getting it shortly. My parents are in group 2 and have heard nothing yet

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

5330 in Scotland on the first 2 days, they’ll be updating weekly from tomorrow onwards

England not very organised at collecting the figures it seems!

Leeds

England say "several thousand" but can't be more specific

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

My in laws were vaccinated today.

Leeds

Prue Leith was vaccinated today

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Well today from 730 am to 230pm i vaccinated 35 people.

But the covid hubs are working from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week . Only 200 surgeries are vaccinating the rest are vaccination hubs..so i would prob say.....

A lot .k

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

Being pedantic nobody has been vaccinated yet because you have to have two shots 21 days apart.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Step sisters Father in his 80’s vaccinated this week.

My Father lates 70’s GP thinks it will be next week or after Xmas for his group.

Truth is according to them they are just estimating and doing the best they can. Fair play to them.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

"Step sisters Father in his 80’s vaccinated this week.

My Father lates 70’s GP thinks it will be next week or after Xmas for his group.

Truth is according to them they are just estimating and doing the best they can. Fair play to them. "

We started this today, over 80s first, then the over 75-80, all the way down to over 16s, 2021 is going to be another long year

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Truth is according to them they are just estimating and doing the best they can. Fair play to them.

We started this today, over 80s first, then the over 75-80, all the way down to over 16s, 2021 is going to be another long year"

Hats off to you.

By *iratedave2Man  over a year ago

dartford

We started this today, over 80s first, then the over 75-80, all the way down to over 16s, 2021 is going to be another long year

Hats off to you. "

Yes, well done Siobham, tiss going to take a long time to do us all!

Is it true that you have to wait 15mins to check for adverse reactions?

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Hats off to you.

"

Yes,it is, which means that some GPs have had to pull out from the programme as they haven't got enough space or staff to logistically manage that. Nothing adverse to report so far, phew!!

"A bit surprised there’s no tracking of how many people have been vaccinated in the UK so far so a fab poll... who’s had the vaccine so far?

I don't think anyone knows how many or they are not telling I think it's should be told like how many have died.

I don't think anyone has died from the vaccine yet and if they had then they wouldn't be advertising it. It would be kept secret."

The government will suppress any death figures.

"Well today from 730 am to 230pm i vaccinated 35 people.

But the covid hubs are working from 8am to 8pm 7 days a week . Only 200 surgeries are vaccinating the rest are vaccination hubs..so i would prob say.....

A lot .k"

Great to hear and thanks for the info

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"A bit surprised there’s no tracking of how many people have been vaccinated in the UK so far so a fab poll... who’s had the vaccine so far?"

According to a recent BBC article, the NHS said that they expected to vaccinate 5000 people per day at EACH mass centre. There were initially 50 mass vaccination centres on day 1, but this should increase as the project ramps up. So theoretical they are rolling out tens of thousands of doses every day.

Cal

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

By the time they get around to saying how many people have been vaccinated, the number would be days out of date.

E

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"I know of an old couple getting theres tomorrow,both in there eighties.

It fills me with joy that this is hapening.

Me too! I want normal back!

Also to see what this site is like with no covid I joined during lockdown so curious to see how different it will be. Looking forward to trying a club too."

You have a long wait - maybe a couple years

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Hats off to you.

"

Waiting 15mins isn't new. My son had to wait after he had vaccinations in Yr 9 or 10 and I had to wait after I'd had the whooping cough vaccine when I was pregnant. They used to do it for the flu vaccine but didn't when I went this year.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

I don't think anyone has died from the vaccine yet and if they had then they wouldn't be advertising it. It would be kept secret.

The government will suppress any death figures."

I didn't need to look at the profile to see who posted this.

E

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

My parents 92 and 82 are having theirs on Thursday ...... they are eager to be part of the vaccine plan so they can get on and enjoy life ..... missing their bingo! lol

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't know if it's the same for the covid shots, but I popped to the doorstep of my elderly neighbour to check on her today, and she told me the nurse had popped round and given her a flu shot.

So for those who struggle to travel it might be possible to have the shot at home.

She forgot to ask if she could be given the covid vaccine at home, and she was under the impression she needs to wait at least a month after having a flu shot before having anymore vaccinations.

That of course might be in her particular situation.

North West

"I don't know if it's the same for the covid shots, but I popped to the doorstep of my elderly neighbour to check on her today, and she told me the nurse had popped round and given her a flu shot.

So for those who struggle to travel it might be possible to have the shot at home.

She forgot to ask if she could be given the covid vaccine at home, and she was under the impression she needs to wait at least a month after having a flu shot before having anymore vaccinations.

That of course might be in her particular situation."

Your neighbour is nearly right. It's minimum two weeks between the flu jab and Covid jab:

"The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is recommended to be given at least two weeks apart from your flu jab."

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government will suppress any death figures."

BS! Such information will be publicly available as it's essential

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

"Being pedantic nobody has been vaccinated yet because you have to have two shots 21 days apart."

Apparently the first shot does offer some protection, the second shot boosts it.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"5330 in Scotland on the first 2 days, they’ll be updating weekly from tomorrow onwards

"

I guess they didn't know anyone would be interested in knowing how many people have been given both injections... I mean why would anyone want to know that? Pfft

By *ets join the funCouple  over a year ago

london

look at the figures they claimed with the testing ? 1 person had 2 swabs, nose and mouth... Counted the tests not the people tested to ramp there numbers up to hit their bullshit targets.

By *tsThatOneGuyMan  over a year ago

Stoke

I had my first shot yesterday at work. Not dead yet

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"I had my first shot yesterday at work. Not dead yet "

Ffs don't get run over by a bus...

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I don't think anyone has died from the vaccine yet and if they had then they wouldn't be advertising it. It would be kept secret."

I mean they should put figure's on the TV like they do the death rate and the infection rates.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

London (till 19th May)

"Being pedantic nobody has been vaccinated yet because you have to have two shots 21 days apart.

Apparently the first shot does offer some protection, the second shot boosts it.

"

Not according to the NHS website which states the following:

"It takes a few weeks after getting the 2nd dose for it to work."

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Being pedantic nobody has been vaccinated yet because you have to have two shots 21 days apart.

Not according to the NHS website which states the following:

"It takes a few weeks after getting the 2nd dose for it to work.""

Not according to the FDA:

"The coronavirus vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech provides strong protection against Covid-19 within about 10 days of the first dose, according to documents published on Tuesday by the Food and Drug Administration before a meeting of its vaccine advisory group.

The finding is one of several significant new results featured in the briefing materials, which include more than 100 pages of data analyses from the agency and from Pfizer. Last month, Pfizer and BioNTech announced that their two-dose vaccine had an efficacy rate of 95 percent after two doses administered three weeks apart. The new analyses show that the protection starts kicking in far earlier."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html

Lots of comments which add nothing to the question posed by op other than reflecting a personal chip about government this or government that...

It's normal to wait after having most vaccines so it surprised me to hear the reason given by surgeries no longer able to do it.

As for the numbers issue being a few days behind, that also would be normal. Do you expect the vaccination programs to suddenly stop when the numbers are collected and wait for them to be announced before resuming in order that the numbers are correct at the time of announcement?

The numbers per day will increase as centres get into the way of things and as elderly people are able to make arrangements to get to the centres as many will not have their own transportation. Also there's the confidence factor.

Those who think deaths will be surprised are bonkers too. The issues of side effects will be under a close eye by reporters of all sides. It won't be glossed over.

It takes time so just watch and listen and ignore the moaners.

I have been

I mean they should put figure's on the TV like they do the death rate and the infection rates. "

Why?

"I have been "

A tantalising response.

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

I mean they should put figure's on the TV like they do the death rate and the infection rates. "

137,000 in first week

Tin town

I mean they should put figure's on the TV like they do the death rate and the infection rates.

Why?"

Many reasons.

Because openly publicising the figures will potentially build public confidence and credibility in the only game in town.

Because NOT publishing them feels like they are being hidden for nefarious reasons or because of incompetence... Or both.

Because if people see that 1m have had it, it may help sway some who are reluctant if done as part of a communications strategy

Because its the flagship of this govts exit strategy... So you'd think they'd want to holler it from the rooftop

Because its also a reality check for those who think game over.. We can do what we want now as we have a vaccine. Because its going to take a very very long time to jab 50m people twice... And then repeat it 6months later. That's 200m clinical processes in a year... And in 2 weeks we've done how many?

And many more...

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

[Removed by poster at 16/12/20 10:33:48]

By *am and LisaCouple  over a year ago

milton keynes

5 million doses = 2.5 million people out of nearly 70 million population. - a great start and will ramp up quickly. , thousands per day But the game changer will be the Oxford vaccine as they have 100 million doses and storage will be at normal fridge temp . If they get approval vaccination rate will be relatively quick as centres, Gp's , pharmacies can give it

The 15 min waiting after is normal practice (to make sure no anaphylaxis)

In seven days, he said the number of doses administered was:

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

4,000 in Northern Ireland

18,000 in Scotland

Jesus have some patience people!

I'm loving the Mantra:

...'Join the Resistance - Get Vaccinated'...

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"5330 in Scotland on the first 2 days, they’ll be updating weekly from tomorrow onwards

"

the government have said they are having problems regarding data, on who has been vaccinated Not a very good start is it. Possibly yet another big balls up by this government beckons. What a shambles

"

the government have said they are having problems regarding data, on who has been vaccinated Not a very good start is it. Possibly yet another big balls up by this government beckons. What a shambles "

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland

North West

"Lots of comments which add nothing to the question posed by op other than reflecting a personal chip about government this or government that...

It's normal to wait after having most vaccines so it surprised me to hear the reason given by surgeries no longer able to do it.

As for the numbers issue being a few days behind, that also would be normal. Do you expect the vaccination programs to suddenly stop when the numbers are collected and wait for them to be announced before resuming in order that the numbers are correct at the time of announcement?

The numbers per day will increase as centres get into the way of things and as elderly people are able to make arrangements to get to the centres as many will not have their own transportation. Also there's the confidence factor.

Those who think deaths will be surprised are bonkers too. The issues of side effects will be under a close eye by reporters of all sides. It won't be glossed over.

It takes time so just watch and listen and ignore the moaners.

"

This

Tin town

"

the government have said they are having problems regarding data, on who has been vaccinated Not a very good start is it. Possibly yet another big balls up by this government beckons. What a shambles

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland"

I can feel an excel sheet coming on!

"

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland"

Super, thanks. Where did the data come from or was it a govt press release?

"

Super, thanks. Where did the data come from or was it a govt press release?"

Ignore me. Govt press release says they will share numbers weekly.

Central

"

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland

I can feel an excel sheet coming on! "

I'm hoping the government are using updated MS Office Excel or something better, to crunch their numbers

"

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland"

A long way to go then. Oh well I will sit back and wait my turn. Not anytime soon

a few care homes in somerset being done today staff and resident ..

North West

"

108,000 in England

7,897 in Wales

18,000 in Scotland

I can feel an excel sheet coming on! "

So long as it's not an old csv file

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

So long as it's not an old csv file "

The computer worlds equivalent to woodchip wallpaper...

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Probably thousands by now."

By *aurus1987Man  over a year ago

York

No idea what group im in. Im in security and not only do i lockdown where i work, i also take peoples temps so there safe to work. Me, my colleagues and other staff have done very well, kept all our areas clean everyday, wiping down everything we use every shift. So, if im not in a high risk group, then thats fine

The roll out of vaccines is definitely happening because we know someone that had one today.

Also they have said how many people have been vaccinated because last night on the news they said that a 130000 people had already been vaccinated in the UK.

North West

My Dad has his first vaccine appt on Monday with the second a fortnight later. All at his usual local health centre on the Wirral.

"My Dad has his first vaccine appt on Monday with the second a fortnight later. All at his usual local health centre on the Wirral."

Ash's mum had her first one yesterday at her doctors surgery.

Leeds

My parents are having it on Sunday at a local medical centre, not their usual GP surgery

"My parents are having it on Sunday at a local medical centre, not their usual GP surgery"

Yes I've just double checked and actually it was a medical centre but thats where her normal doctors are so I guess that they must be using local "hubs"

Leeds

Great news that the inoculation process has started already

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

My Nan had it at her GP surgery yesterday.

I now know 3 people who have had a vaccination.

Tin town

"I now know 3 people who have had a vaccination.

"

Is that a new lotto scratch card? Match 3 symbols and win a vaccine jab

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

Half a million so far in England according to today’s figures (valid up till the 20th so will obviously be higher now)

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Half a million so far in England according to today’s figures (valid up till the 20th so will obviously be higher now)"

Not doing that well then. At this rate it'll take over 15 months to get rid of the initial order of 40 million doses (40 ÷ 2) and that's without the caveat that they may have to give a 3 month booster, 20 million in just about a year.

"Half a million so far in England according to today’s figures (valid up till the 20th so will obviously be higher now)"

Puh that's nothing. Up here in tartanville we've all been jagged. Sadly the side effect is we've all started to sound like wee Jimmy krankie when we speak.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Half a million so far in England according to today’s figures (valid up till the 20th so will obviously be higher now)

Not doing that well then. At this rate it'll take over 15 months to get rid of the initial order of 40 million doses (40 ÷ 2) and that's without the caveat that they may have to give a 3 month booster, 20 million in just about a year. "

Yep 3 to 4 years for every one

It will be a long dark winter of discontent.. lockdown and restrictions

Tin town

"Half a million so far in England according to today’s figures (valid up till the 20th so will obviously be higher now)

Puh that's nothing. Up here in tartanville we've all been jagged. Sadly the side effect is we've all started to sound like wee Jimmy krankie when we speak."

You guys must've had it quite a while ago then?

Tin town

Puh that's nothing. Up here in tartanville we've all been jagged. Sadly the side effect is we've all started to sound like wee Jimmy krankie when we speak."

Can you imagine if one of the side effects was we all started speaking like naughty nicola....!

I was routinely swabbed in work on Tuesday morning then went for my vaccination that afternoon.

Sadly received a Covid positive result on Wednesday morning so I’m not sure at the moment how that will affect the vaccination I had.

I’ve been nursing very poorly Covid patients and in spite of full PPE still managed to get infected.

Feeling quite poorly at the moment and Christmas is a write off.

For anyone that is worried, the actual vaccination is a doodle. The only side effect I had was a slightly sore arm for a few hrs afterwards.

V

Tin town

"I was routinely swabbed in work on Tuesday morning then went for my vaccination that afternoon.

Sadly received a Covid positive result on Wednesday morning so I’m not sure at the moment how that will affect the vaccination I had.

I’ve been nursing very poorly Covid patients and in spite of full PPE still managed to get infected.

For anyone that is worried, the actual vaccination is a doodle. The only side effect I had was a slightly sore arm for a few hrs afterwards.

V"

Hope you feel better soon.

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

My 83 year old mum has just had her first vaccination a few days ago and no side effects

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Why not just give one vaccination and do twice as many people?

Apparently the first injection gives 91% protection and the second one only increases it to 95%

hiding from cock pics.

"I was routinely swabbed in work on Tuesday morning then went for my vaccination that afternoon.

V"

I hope you feel better very quickly.

Would you test positive if you have just had the vaccine as you would have covid in your system?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

V"

I hope you make a full recovery.

North West

V

Would you test positive if you have just had the vaccine as you would have covid in your system?"

The vaccine contains the mRNA for the viral spike protein. That would not be detected in a nasopharyngeal swab, no. Once antibodies are formed after the vaccine, then it would be indistinguishable if an antibody test was carried out as to whether the antibodies are as a result of natural exposure or vaccine.

V

Would you test positive if you have just had the vaccine as you would have covid in your system?"

Thank you so much.

No, it’s not a “live” vaccine and does not contain Covid. Just horribly bad luck.

V

"

Hope you feel better soon. "

Thank you.

"

I hope you make a full recovery."

Thank you

hiding from cock pics.

I hope you bounce back tomorrow and feel much better.

Central

"Why not just give one vaccination and do twice as many people?

Apparently the first injection gives 91% protection and the second one only increases it to 95%"

I've not seen those figures in the Trial results that are published. The second dose should consolidate the immune response and give longer protection.

It has only been approved based on the results of 2 shots, not 1. It would need formal approvals changes. Which published literature included the 91% figure?

By *sbbwcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Worthing

I've had the first vaccine!

Leeds

"I've had the first vaccine! "

By *eddy Boy 85Man  over a year ago

EsseXpress

Prue Leith. I think she’s on here.