FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mask exemptions and lack of enforcement

Mask exemptions and lack of enforcement

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there any reason the so called exempt people do not have to show proof of exemption or wear a face shield?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Is there any reason the so called exempt people do not have to show proof of exemption or wear a face shield?

"

I was in a small hardware store a few weeks ago getting served and the guy next to me didn't have a mask on. The member of staff serving questioned him. The response was "oh, I have asthma".

From Asthma.org.uk

"Do I have to wear a face covering if I have asthma?

Most people with asthma, even if it’s severe, can manage to wear a face mask for a short period of time, and shouldn't worry if they need to wear one. Wearing a mask does not reduce a person’s oxygen supply or cause a build-up of carbon dioxide. You may have read stories that say that it can, but this isn’t true"

He was literally in the store for 2 mins...

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Not all disabilities are visible and some people it causes distress. There is section on gov site.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Is there any reason the so called exempt people do not have to show proof of exemption or wear a face shield?

"

My son is exempt he wears the sunflower lanyard

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It can be a form of victim shaming, where people project their frustrations and emotional baggage on to others. Be responsible for yourself and deal with your life and battles. Let others do likewise.

We'll not know the circumstances of others private lives and have no right of access to their medical or psychological histories

"Not all disabilities are visible and some people it causes distress. There is section on gov site. "

Wearing a lanyard or wristband causes distress?

I don't want to be insensitive but how does that work?

"It can be a form of victim shaming, where people project their frustrations and emotional baggage on to others."

Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

South

I do think there needs to be a form of accountability - if we live in a society where we are inclusive of disability then there should be no shame. It doesn’t work both ways - we are out and proud in our family with my sons disability.

Sorry I'm just a little angry because of abuse of the system.

I've literally heard people say I don't have a mask and then their friend said to them, you're exempt...so they got served at the till because their friend reminded them about their exemption...

Boils my blood when people do that.

Chester

"Not all disabilities are visible and some people it causes distress. There is section on gov site.

I don't want to be insensitive but how does that work?"

Confused by your reply

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

Why should they.?

South

"Not all disabilities are visible and some people it causes distress. There is section on gov site.

Confused by your reply "

You meant the mask causes distress not that the lanyard does - you’re talking about two things

Confused by your reply

You meant the mask causes distress not that the lanyard does - you’re talking about two things "

I was asking how wearing a lanyard or a wristband could cause distress to someone.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Why should they.?"

Absolutely agree. If someone claims to be exempt then it's not up to anyone to question that. That is being discriminatory

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I saw a comprehensive list of medical reasons not to wear a face mask shortly after the first lockdown began. It was in list form and was 2 and half pages of A4 long!

Some on there were obscure and others very, well, questionable at the very least.

My partner has several of the of the conditions listed but she said she will always wear a mask when required no matter what because she values her life and that of those around her.

liverpool

Why should they.?

Absolutely agree. If someone claims to be exempt then it's not up to anyone to question that. That is being discriminatory "

Exactly

It's no one else's business.

Why should they.?

Absolutely agree. If someone claims to be exempt then it's not up to anyone to question that. That is being discriminatory "

Two prime examples of ignorance and selfishness.

"Sorry I'm just a little angry because of abuse of the system.

I've literally heard people say I don't have a mask and then their friend said to them, you're exempt...so they got served at the till because their friend reminded them about their exemption...

Boils my blood when people do that."

I’m asthmatic, I wear a mask every time. If my mask were to cause me distress by way of claustrophobia or something along those lines I’d wear a full screen personally.

But I agree, there are those out there who are just working the system which makes it unfortunate that those who genuinely have issues that would make them exempt are being penalised or looked down on as being a dodger.

liverpool

Why should they.?

Absolutely agree. If someone claims to be exempt then it's not up to anyone to question that. That is being discriminatory

Two prime examples of ignorance and selfishness."

What is?

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Why should they.?

Since when did asking a question be discrimination: "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability." Where does it say asking a question is discrimination?

Chester

Confused by your reply

You meant the mask causes distress not that the lanyard does - you’re talking about two things

I was asking how wearing a lanyard or a wristband could cause distress to someone."

You said show evidence, you can keep a card in pocket but it's personal choice, some feel comfortable with this some don't, not our place to judge or discriminate

Why should they.?

Since when did asking a question be discrimination: "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability." Where does it say asking a question is discrimination?"

‘On grounds of disability’ no one (currently) has to explain a disability and if an establishment were to do so it would be highlighting that person and treating them differently because of it

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

In these difficult times, people have to find their fun where they can.

Wearing a mask allows you to feel morally superior to anyone who isn't. You can then celebrate by walking into a pub, ordering a Scotch egg and a few pints, remove your masks and chat with your friends for hours.

Confused by your reply

I was asking how wearing a lanyard or a wristband could cause distress to someone.

You said show evidence, you can keep a card in pocket but it's personal choice, some feel comfortable with this some don't, not our place to judge or discriminate "

So does that mean we can’t ask the question to educate ourselves or is that discrimination too?

I work with somebody who suffers claustrophobic panic attacks. To the outside world she is young, healthy and a rule breaker.

Manchester

Confused by your reply

You said show evidence, you can keep a card in pocket but it's personal choice, some feel comfortable with this some don't, not our place to judge or discriminate "

So car drivers don't have to have a licence and produce it on request?

It's not the disabled that are at fault here, they are being used by the people who have nothing wrong with them, in order to get away with not wearing a mask. Genuine disabled people are not averse to showing proof, well certainly not the ones i know.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I have a mask exemption for PTSD, I wear a mask most of the time but they cause me to dissociate a lot. If I'm in a shop wearing a mask and it's impacting me I'll take it off (I've only done this twice), I've never been asked about it and if I was there wouldn't be anything that I could show them which would prove my diagnosis as I don't really carry around my medical records.

No one's ever said anything in supermarkets, but there was once when I broke my mask accidentally and was going into flying tiger to look for another one, but they stopped me at the door and asked me to put on a mask, I said I didn't have one and was looking for one, they turned me away from the store and to the WHSmith across the mall.

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Just mind your own business?

You don’t know what’s going on in someone’s life?

There will always be people who try it on are you going to wear a cape and catch them all?

Look after yourself and your family or you’ll just be wound up every time you go out! X

Chester

Confused by your reply

You said show evidence, you can keep a card in pocket but it's personal choice, some feel comfortable with this some don't, not our place to judge or discriminate

So does that mean we can’t ask the question to educate ourselves or is that discrimination too? "

Yes noone has right asking, it could be medical, it could be an abused or sexual assault victim (mouth covered, taped who knows) why should they have to relive the drama constantly! Exempt is enough or simply not wearing one

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Mask cause me distress. They make me realise we are a nation of compliant pussies and if a Hitler character told them they should round up their neighbours they would.

Confused by your reply

So does that mean we can’t ask the question to educate ourselves or is that discrimination too?

Yes noone has right asking, it could be medical, it could be an abused or sexual assault victim (mouth covered, taped who knows) why should they have to relive the drama constantly! Exempt is enough or simply not wearing one "

So no one has a right to educate themselves on other people’s struggles... fair enough I guess I have to accept that

Manchester

The focus should be on the people not wearing masks cos that is the potential spread. The mask you're wearing does not protect you it protects the ones who don't wear a mask. So in a way it is my business when people are not wearing a mask

Manchester

Confused by your reply

Yes noone has right asking, it could be medical, it could be an abused or sexual assault victim (mouth covered, taped who knows) why should they have to relive the drama constantly! Exempt is enough or simply not wearing one "

Carrying a card, does not make them relive it anymore than having people stare at them when they are not wearing one.

middle earth

Why should they.?

Since when did asking a question be discrimination: "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability." Where does it say asking a question is discrimination?"

It doesn't specifically say questioning people is discrimination, but it could be particularly harmful. If I was in Tesco without a mask on its because I'm on the edge of having a pretty awful experience, if someone (especially if you're not a staff member) walked up to me and asked why I'm not wearing a mask it would be a pretty horrible situation for me, and also increases their own risk as they are up in my face. I'd say that really we should be doing better with social distancing in supermarkets, the amount of people who just squeeze by me instead of waiting or going another way is pretty ridiculous. If we all stay distanced then the pressure on masks isn't as high

Half the people posting in this thread haven't even read the OP, yet are strongly arguing their points.

Classic

middle earth

Confused by your reply

Yes noone has right asking, it could be medical, it could be an abused or sexual assault victim (mouth covered, taped who knows) why should they have to relive the drama constantly! Exempt is enough or simply not wearing one

So no one has a right to educate themselves on other people’s struggles... fair enough I guess I have to accept that "

My going to the shop isn't your opportunity to gain an education about what I go through, there are books for that, or YouTube, or my previous comment, but please never walk up to someone and try to learn about them, that's really not ok

"Mask cause me distress. They make me realise we are a nation of compliant pussies and if a Hitler character told them they should round up their neighbours they would. "

Hitler? You’re having a laugh right? He put millions of people to death and you’re being asked (not told) to wear a mask... oh you’re right I totally see the similarities

middle earth

"Half the people posting in this thread haven't even read the OP, yet are strongly arguing their points.

Classic"

In answer to your question, I've never been asked to show proof of being exempt and have never been asked to wear a faceshields, faceshields aren't enforced at all, I wouldn't even know where to buy one

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

Confused by your reply

It's not the disabled that are at fault here, they are being used by the people who have nothing wrong with them, in order to get away with not wearing a mask. Genuine disabled people are not averse to showing proof, well certainly not the ones i know."

You don’t have to show your licence to joe bloggs on the street only to someone with a legal right to request it, basically the police. The same applies here it’s not joe bloggs job or right to have someone else’s status proved to them, it is down to those with appropriate authority.

Confused by your reply

So no one has a right to educate themselves on other people’s struggles... fair enough I guess I have to accept that

My going to the shop isn't your opportunity to gain an education about what I go through, there are books for that, or YouTube, or my previous comment, but please never walk up to someone and try to learn about them, that's really not ok "

So just flick open a book or a YouTube page and take a guess? This is an open forum I’m asking on. Not someone in a shop

middle earth

Confused by your reply

My going to the shop isn't your opportunity to gain an education about what I go through, there are books for that, or YouTube, or my previous comment, but please never walk up to someone and try to learn about them, that's really not ok

So just flick open a book or a YouTube page and take a guess? This is an open forum I’m asking on. Not someone in a shop"

This is an open forum.. don't think anyone needs a mask to read it

Joking aside, no you don't have the right to be educated about someone's struggles, it's their struggles and they don't owe you anything. Regardless of your personal curiosity

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Confused by your reply

I was asking how wearing a lanyard or a wristband could cause distress to someone."

Morningstar, disabled people should not need to be "tagged". It's bad enough having a disability, let alone having to wear a visible symbol/mark of it or having, in public, to explain what the issue is.

I'm disabled, it's visible via my wheelchair. I always wear a mask because I have no reason not to. But that's me.

If a woman's reason for not wearing a mask is due to PTSD after being sexually assaulted, should she have to wear a visible label, or have to explain that verbally in the doorway of Sainsbury's? I'd say no.

Yes, there's plenty of people abusing it and it pisses me off too, but I don't want to live in a society where disabled people have to be marked out with labels and tags and where they have to discuss their personal medical and mental issues in the public sphere.

liverpool

No one has a right to question anyone else if they are wearing a mask or not.

It's as simple as that.

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"

The simple answer is there is no official proof of exemption, yes you can download and print out an exemption card but so can the rest of the population of the world.

A second and more important reason is your medical history.condition is private information and no one is obliged to disclose it.

Confused by your reply

So just flick open a book or a YouTube page and take a guess? This is an open forum I’m asking on. Not someone in a shop

Joking aside, no you don't have the right to be educated about someone's struggles, it's their struggles and they don't owe you anything. Regardless of your personal curiosity"

I’m good with that as long as they keep their distance

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

To park legally in a disabled bay you have to display a blue badge. Is that discrimination?

Why not have the same system with regards to masks since this can actually cause harm/death to the people around you?

Wearing a mask makes no difference to asthma. I know a surgeon whose asthma is so bad he had to be put into shielding, he wears a mask just fine. People are taking the piss because they don't like being told what to do.

Rant over, for now.

middle earth

Confused by your reply

Joking aside, no you don't have the right to be educated about someone's struggles, it's their struggles and they don't owe you anything. Regardless of your personal curiosity

I’m good with that as long as they keep their distance "

I've found its able bodied middle aged people who keep breaking the social distancing rules, I keep to them as much as possible but they are constantly being broken by others

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"The focus should be on the people not wearing masks cos that is the potential spread. The mask you're wearing does not protect you it protects the ones who don't wear a mask. So in a way it is my business when people are not wearing a mask"

The only focus or business of yours if someone isn’t wearing a mask, is to give them a wider berth, be aware how close you get to them. As you say, those wearing masks are protecting others, so logical you would be very aware of your interaction with them.

liverpool

"To park legally in a disabled bay you have to display a blue badge. Is that discrimination?

Why not have the same system with regards to masks since this can actually cause harm/death to the people around you?

Wearing a mask makes no difference to asthma. I know a surgeon whose asthma is so bad he had to be put into shielding, he wears a mask just fine. People are taking the piss because they don't like being told what to do.

Rant over, for now."

Do they wear that blue badge everywhere they go?

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

"To park legally in a disabled bay you have to display a blue badge. Is that discrimination?

Rant over, for now.

Do they wear that blue badge everywhere they go?"

Do they display it every time they park in a disabled bay?

Nice try

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Confused by your reply

I’m good with that as long as they keep their distance "

And this is the crux of the problem.

I have an invisible disability, but have no problem telling people. However, it doesn't impact on my ability to wear a mask, so I always wear one.

If you can't wear one (pretend you can't) then keep your bloody distance from me! Simple as

Wirral.

"

And to clarify, I totally think they should show an exemption.

In Hong Kong there are no exemptions. Everyone has to wear one. And you only have to look at their figures. Speaks for itself. Why do I mention Hong Kong? You ask. I have family there and they have kept safe and well. They dnt mess around. We are too soft and should have toughened up at the beginning. Kind of shuttimg the gate after the house has bolted. So unless its exceptional circumstances everyone should wear one unless they have proof as to why not. And not allow into any stores. But I guess im talking out of my bum. Because I will get a backlash here. So im waiting lol.

"In Hong Kong there are no exemptions. Everyone has to wear one. And you only have to look at their figures. Speaks for itself. Why do I mention Hong Kong? You ask. I have family there and they have kept safe and well. They dnt mess around. We are too soft and should have toughened up at the beginning. Kind of shuttimg the gate after the house has bolted. So unless its exceptional circumstances everyone should wear one unless they have proof as to why not. And not allow into any stores. But I guess im talking out of my bum. Because I will get a backlash here. So im waiting lol. "

Oops horse I meant

"In Hong Kong there are no exemptions. Everyone has to wear one. And you only have to look at their figures. Speaks for itself. Why do I mention Hong Kong? You ask. I have family there and they have kept safe and well. They dnt mess around. We are too soft and should have toughened up at the beginning. Kind of shuttimg the gate after the house has bolted. So unless its exceptional circumstances everyone should wear one unless they have proof as to why not. And not allow into any stores. But I guess im talking out of my bum. Because I will get a backlash here. So im waiting lol.

Oops horse I meant"

I do hate when my house bolts too though. I’ve a hard job chasing after it what with my asthma

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I doubt there are many with "real" reasons for not wearing a mask, they just don't want to. It's those that choose not to then kick up a stink about their "human rights" when barred from private property I find something else.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

I have asthma when its very cold its much easier to breath with a mask than without. If so many people weren't "gaming" the system then the small amount of people who are unable to wear a mask wouldn't matter. And as pointed out above if you are unable to wear you should be extra careful about keeping your distance from others.

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"

Do you have to wear proof of any medical condition?

I’m exempt and don’t wear a lanyard etc as I work with heavy machinery

liverpool

Rant over, for now.

Nice try"

I'll simply ask again

Do they wear it every where they go?

liverpool

"In Hong Kong there are no exemptions. Everyone has to wear one. And you only have to look at their figures. Speaks for itself. Why do I mention Hong Kong? You ask. I have family there and they have kept safe and well. They dnt mess around. We are too soft and should have toughened up at the beginning. Kind of shuttimg the gate after the house has bolted. So unless its exceptional circumstances everyone should wear one unless they have proof as to why not. And not allow into any stores. But I guess im talking out of my bum. Because I will get a backlash here. So im waiting lol. "

So if you have struggle breathing .ie copd .you should be made to wear a mask?

"It can be a form of victim shaming, where people project their frustrations and emotional baggage on to others. Be responsible for yourself and deal with your life and battles. Let others do likewise.

We'll not know the circumstances of others private lives and have no right of access to their medical or psychological histories "

This

"In Hong Kong there are no exemptions. Everyone has to wear one. And you only have to look at their figures. Speaks for itself. Why do I mention Hong Kong? You ask. I have family there and they have kept safe and well. They dnt mess around. We are too soft and should have toughened up at the beginning. Kind of shuttimg the gate after the house has bolted. So unless its exceptional circumstances everyone should wear one unless they have proof as to why not. And not allow into any stores. But I guess im talking out of my bum. Because I will get a backlash here. So im waiting lol.

Oops horse I meant

I do hate when my house bolts too though. I’ve a hard job chasing after it what with my asthma "

Yes me too. A little slip. My bad lol

liverpool

"It can be a form of victim shaming, where people project their frustrations and emotional baggage on to others. Be responsible for yourself and deal with your life and battles. Let others do likewise.

We'll not know the circumstances of others private lives and have no right of access to their medical or psychological histories

This "

So if you have struggle breathing .ie copd .you should be made to wear a mask?"

My gran has COPD and wears a mask with no issues

I've got a exemption due to my anxiety and depression

But I still have to prove it

But they are ppl who just cant be arsed

Wirral.

I would have thought they'd want to wear one, seeing as they would be extremely vulnerable should they catch it?

liverpool

My gran has COPD and wears a mask with no issues "

My mum has it.she is exempt but she wears a mask but she struggles.

She couldnt get a lanyard from the shop.

If she didnt wear one.. no one has a right to question it.

Hahaha here we go. Read again. I said if you are exempt then you should carry proof. My sister has it and she does.

liverpool

I would have thought they'd want to wear one, seeing as they would be extremely vulnerable should they catch it? "

See post above

Me mum wears one but she struggles with it.

If it's really a problem I dont see why you would have to have it on public display.

liverpool

Hahaha here we go. Read again. I said if you are exempt then you should carry proof. My sister has it and she does."

I don't agree.

It's no one else's business

If she didnt wear one.. no one has a right to question it."

I disagree. Everyone has a right to question if their health is at risk. Is it right maybe not but we have a right as she has a right not to wear one

liverpool

I disagree. Everyone has a right to question if their health is at risk. Is it right maybe not but we have a right as she has a right not to wear one"

So if you see someone with out a mask you have a right to question them?

I disagree. Everyone has a right to question if their health is at risk. Is it right maybe not but we have a right as she has a right not to wear one

So if you see someone with out a mask you have a right to question them?"

If you want to and risk a verbal response. Its my right to do anything if I want. But I have to suffer the consequences lol

liverpool

If you want to and risk a verbal response. Its my right to do anything if I want. But I have to suffer the consequences lol"

I respectfully disagree

Imagine walking round the Asda with a genuine exemption and getting stopped every 5 seconds.

If you want to and risk a verbal response. Its my right to do anything if I want. But I have to suffer the consequences lol

I respectfully disagree

Imagine walking round the Asda with a genuine exemption and getting stopped every 5 seconds."

If you are wearing a lanyard you wnt have to be stopped

By *om and LisaCouple  over a year ago

gateshead

I've noticed that a lot of lasses that don't wear masks have had their lips or noses done and wearing a mask would mean we'd not get the benefit of seeing their work.

It's all a bit fishy.

liverpool

I respectfully disagree

Imagine walking round the Asda with a genuine exemption and getting stopped every 5 seconds.

If you are wearing a lanyard you wnt have to be stopped"

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this

As others have said..your medical history is of no concern to anyone else

If you see someone without a mask.. dont go near them.

liverpool

I respectfully disagree

If you are wearing a lanyard you wnt have to be stopped"

middle earth

Rant over, for now."

I get what you're trying to say, there are so many people who dont wear a mask because they are being dicks, but the point is that it's not your place to question people in public about wearing a mask. No one owes you anything and they certainly do not have to tell you why they aren't wearing a mask.

Having to display a blue badge "others" you, which is a term used by sociologists. It points you out as different from the average person, which in some situations is unavoidable when you're disabled. It is all down to whether you are of the opinion that society causes disability, or if you think someones impairment causes disability. Most disabled people who claim benefits do not identify themselves as disabled, so having to wear a mark of disability won't be something that disabled people will want to do!

Almost everyone knows someone impacted by an impairment that just 'gets on with it' and doesn't identify as disabled, it isn't a word that everyone describes themselves as. But it's important to remember that even if someone isn't waving the disability flag loud and proud that they can still have complex needs that affect everyday life.

It can be boiled down to looking at the two main sociological models of disability (I know this is a bit much for a swinging website)

The medical model says that I'm the problem because I can't fit into societies mold for me, so I need to fix my impairment to try and fit into society. The social model says society doesn't work for disabled people, and society needs to be adapted for disabled people.

I guess people's level of compassion to others depends on how they view disabled people and if they believe disabled people are the problem

"Mask cause me distress. They make me realise we are a nation of compliant pussies and if a Hitler character told them they should round up their neighbours they would. "

We must obey the Covid Nazi’s and anyone not conforming will have to wear a yellow star or is it a sunflower lanyard?

Manchester

"Half the people posting in this thread haven't even read the OP, yet are strongly arguing their points.

Classic

In answer to your question, I've never been asked to show proof of being exempt and have never been asked to wear a faceshields, faceshields aren't enforced at all, I wouldn't even know where to buy one "

Amazon, cheap as chips

liverpool

Rant over, for now.

I get what you're trying to say, there are so many people who dont wear a mask because they are being dicks, but the point is that it's not your place to question people in public about wearing a mask. No one owes you anything and they certainly do not have to tell you why they aren't wearing a mask.

Having to display a blue badge "others" you, which is a term used by sociologists. It points you out as different from the average person, which in some situations is unavoidable when you're disabled. It is all down to whether you are of the opinion that society causes disability, or if you think someones impairment causes disability. Most disabled people who claim benefits do not identify themselves as disabled, so having to wear a mark of disability won't be something that disabled people will want to do!

Almost everyone knows someone impacted by an impairment that just 'gets on with it' and doesn't identify as disabled, it isn't a word that everyone describes themselves as. But it's important to remember that even if someone isn't waving the disability flag loud and proud that they can still have complex needs that affect everyday life.

It can be boiled down to looking at the two main sociological models of disability (I know this is a bit much for a swinging website)

The medical model says that I'm the problem because I can't fit into societies mold for me, so I need to fix my impairment to try and fit into society. The social model says society doesn't work for disabled people, and society needs to be adapted for disabled people.

I guess people's level of compassion to others depends on how they view disabled people and if they believe disabled people are the problem

"

Nicely summed up

Well I think im done. As far as im concerned. Everyone should wear one. If you cant wear a lanyard. No its not anyone's right to question anyone and thats why we are nearly all in Tier 3. Well done. Have a wonderful COVID Christmas lol

By *he James gangCouple  over a year ago

NEWTOWNABBEY

"Not all disabilities are visible and some people it causes distress. There is section on gov site. "

I was also curious about exemptions. There are two basically. 1. If you have to remove mask for someone to lip read.

2. If the stress of wearing a mask causes danger to oneself or another.

That's it!!

I suggest if it can cause danger ,why are you out on your own for in the first place, if you're that highly strung.

Non mask wearers bullshit.

Manchester

I respectfully disagree

If you see someone without a mask.. dont go near them."

If it was possible to stay away i would agree with you but it isn't always possible.

I think we all agree it's the NOT wearing which is the potential to spread the virus, the virus which is killing people, yes?

Lets look at it this way if a person in the street was coming towards you brandishing a weapon (potential to kill) we would be doing more than asking polite questions.

Manchester

Rant over, for now.

"

Disabled people are definitely NOT. NOT the problem, it is those idiots who have no genuine reason to not be wearing masks, we all have a problem with.

Wirral.

"Well I think im done. As far as im concerned. Everyone should wear one. If you cant wear a lanyard. No its not anyone's right to question anyone and thats why we are nearly all in Tier 3. Well done. Have a wonderful COVID Christmas lol"

And that is it, in a nutshell!

Carry on as we're all doing and anyone who is vulnerable - for whatever reason - will be back shielding.

I shall continue to politely question non mask wearers & insist they stay the hell away from me.

middle earth

Classic

In answer to your question, I've never been asked to show proof of being exempt and have never been asked to wear a faceshields, faceshields aren't enforced at all, I wouldn't even know where to buy one

Amazon, cheap as chips"

But for the situations where I don't wear a mask wearing a faceshield would be worse for me. My biggest question has always been why if there a mask exception for children, kids will have a way easier time than someone with PTSD, but they get to run around as normal whilst the adults bicker amongst themselves

liverpool

"Well I think im done. As far as im concerned. Everyone should wear one. If you cant wear a lanyard. No its not anyone's right to question anyone and thats why we are nearly all in Tier 3. Well done. Have a wonderful COVID Christmas lol

Carry on as we're all doing and anyone who is vulnerable - for whatever reason - will be back shielding.

I shall continue to politely question non mask wearers & insist they stay the hell away from me. "

So you approach them and ask them to stay away?

liverpool

I respectfully disagree

If it was possible to stay away i would agree with you but it isn't always possible.

I think we all agree it's the NOT wearing which is the potential to spread the virus, the virus which is killing people, yes?

Lets look at it this way if a person in the street was coming towards you brandishing a weapon (potential to kill) we would be doing more than asking polite questions."

Someone not wearing a mask is slightly different than someone approaching you with a knife

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

They are exempt from wearing the mask but they are not exempt from getting the virus by not wearing one? It is a catch 22 there.

liverpool

I was also curious about exemptions. There are two basically. 1. If you have to remove mask for someone to lip read.

2. If the stress of wearing a mask causes danger to oneself or another.

That's it!!

I suggest if it can cause danger ,why are you out on your own for in the first place, if you're that highly strung.

Non mask wearers bullshit."

Presumably because you need to buy food to survive.

middle earth

"They are exempt from wearing the mask but they are not exempt from getting the virus by not wearing one? It is a catch 22 there."

Yes it's about personal risk and living with disability, which is hard enough without a deadly virus!

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

I am exempt from wearing a mask. I wear a lanyard which states that I am exempt. You have no right to ask me why I am exempt and I am under no obligation to tell you. It is as simple as that.

Manchester

I respectfully disagree

Lets look at it this way if a person in the street was coming towards you brandishing a weapon (potential to kill) we would be doing more than asking polite questions.

Someone not wearing a mask is slightly different than someone approaching you with a knife "

Both have the potential to kill you

Manchester

"They are exempt from wearing the mask but they are not exempt from getting the virus by not wearing one? It is a catch 22 there."

Wearing a mask is to stop the wearer from spreading it not catching it

liverpool

"I am exempt from wearing a mask. I wear a lanyard which states that I am exempt. You have no right to ask me why I am exempt and I am under no obligation to tell you. It is as simple as that."

In one

Manchester

"I am exempt from wearing a mask. I wear a lanyard which states that I am exempt. You have no right to ask me why I am exempt and I am under no obligation to tell you. It is as simple as that."

Correct statement and i think most on here would agree with me.

It's those not wearing a lanyard or carrying a card to say "Doc he say no have too" that we're harping on about

liverpool

I respectfully disagree

Someone not wearing a mask is slightly different than someone approaching you with a knife

Both have the potential to kill you"

So does eating a peanut.

The levels of danger are slightly different.

Manchester

"I am exempt from wearing a mask. I wear a lanyard which states that I am exempt. You have no right to ask me why I am exempt and I am under no obligation to tell you. It is as simple as that.

In one"

You're missing the point, nobody would expect to approach or ask someone wearing a lanyard, Duh!

Manchester

I respectfully disagree

Both have the potential to kill you

So does eating a peanut.

The levels of danger are slightly different. "

No they're not

liverpool

"I am exempt from wearing a mask. I wear a lanyard which states that I am exempt. You have no right to ask me why I am exempt and I am under no obligation to tell you. It is as simple as that.

In one

You're missing the point, nobody would expect to approach or ask someone wearing a lanyard, Duh!"

He is saying no one has a right to approach him.

He is 100%right.

Manchester

In one

You're missing the point, nobody would expect to approach or ask someone wearing a lanyard, Duh!

He is 100%right."

He is right, but the point is it's the people who are not wearing a mask when they should be.

If you have a respiratory illness, then surely you wouldn't want to put yourself in vulnerable

situations.

If you have anxiety, then you'd certainly be extremely nervous getting on a bus or going in a shop.

You'd probably go as far as wearing a mask or asking someone else to go for you.

I don't see the Logic in exemption for these particular Illnesses.

's are still around

Wirral.

"Well I think im done. As far as im concerned. Everyone should wear one. If you cant wear a lanyard. No its not anyone's right to question anyone and thats why we are nearly all in Tier 3. Well done. Have a wonderful COVID Christmas lol

I shall continue to politely question non mask wearers & insist they stay the hell away from me.

So you approach them and ask them to stay away?"

If they come within 2m, yes. If you've ever been to your local supermarket you'll understand.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

My son is exempt he wears the sunflower lanyard "

Brilliant... £3.00 on fleabay ... anyone can buy them

Wirral.

You're wearing a lanyard, so I wouldn't need to ask you.

Why do you wear the lanyard?

By *fbobbyMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"

Yeah it's called freedom.....if we have freedom.of speech then defo have freedom to not wear a mask expert or not

"

Because the so called exempt people think they are more important than everyone else.

The genuinely exempt people get tarred with the same brush because of them.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Why do you wear the lanyard?"

To show that I am exempt and not just flouting the rules.

I don't have to wear a mask on medical grounds but choose to do so ... when it does make me ill I always carry my card and lanyard so wear that instead (only happened twice since wearing a mask since March) as proof to make other people feel more comfortable.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

paisley

"

Ask Doctor Hillary Jones

middle earth

No one can force a disabled person to wear a lanyard.. unless we are going back to pink triangles as well..

Yeah it's called freedom.....if we have freedom.of speech then defo have freedom to not wear a mask expert or not "

You don't have freedom of speech in this country...

liverpool

Yeah it's called freedom.....if we have freedom.of speech then defo have freedom to not wear a mask expert or not

"

Really?

Why do you wear the lanyard?

To show that I am exempt and not just flouting the rules. "

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Are you not contradicting yourself given in this very thread you are saying what some agree and others disagree with..

By *ames_LondonMan  over a year ago

Deal

"I don't have to wear a mask on medical grounds but choose to do so ... when it does make me ill I always carry my card and lanyard so wear that instead (only happened twice since wearing a mask since March) as proof to make other people feel more comfortable. "

Why would this make people feel more comfortable? Just because you have a genuine reason to not wear a mask does not make it less likely that you have the virus. Anyone who asks someone if they have a genuine reason not to wear a mask is the worst type of person. If they lived in Nazi Germany they would be be the ones reporting their neighbours for maybe being Jewish.

Are you not contradicting yourself given in this very thread you are saying what some agree and others disagree with.."

What?

I'm asking a question about masks and proofs of exemptions.

Where's the correlation?

By *arker6969Man  over a year ago

West Mids

Rant over, for now.

Nice try"

OK enjoyed the thread but at the end of the day it’s your safety that’s the issue..... annoying as it is and you want to see justice and people doing the right thing ... this is unfortunately the time to bit your lip and move on, the non genuine people and non decent human being will always manipulate and be disrespectful and disregard the social graces of being a caring honest decent person.... and pray on the weakness of others.

Whilst on the Blue Badge theme .... I’ve no issues or thoughts but it really narks me children parking spaces ...... parking no children in car ... or more often than not a souped up pretend hot rod in the space ....aargh

I’m a child when I take my 84 yo mother shopping (no blue badge) can I park in the child spaces ?

I respectfully disagree

Lets look at it this way if a person in the street was coming towards you brandishing a weapon (potential to kill) we would be doing more than asking polite questions."

And the prize for the most ridiculous post goes to...

Considering the competition from some of the other insensitive contestants this weeks winner has certainly excelled.

in Lancashire

Are you not contradicting yourself given in this very thread you are saying what some agree and others disagree with..

What?

Where's the correlation?"

Then your exercising your right to free speech..

Or is there something else that you feel you would like to say, perhaps expand on your perception?

What?

Where's the correlation?

Or is there something else that you feel you would like to say, perhaps expand on your perception?"

Hate speech is illegal, so no you don't have a freedom of speech.

liverpool

I'm getting the words...wind up.

in Lancashire

What?

Where's the correlation?

Or is there something else that you feel you would like to say, perhaps expand on your perception?

Hate speech is illegal, so no you don't have a freedom of speech. "

With good reason yes?

With rights come responsibility..

What?

Where's the correlation?

With good reason yes?

With rights come responsibility.."

So you don't have freedom of speech.

And yes that is a good reason.

Any other way of how I'm not contradicting myself you want to point out?

in Lancashire

What?

Where's the correlation?

With good reason yes?

Any other way of how I'm not contradicting myself you want to point out?"

Perhaps contradiction wasn't the best word, confused better?

Saying a person does not have freedom of speech as they have to abide by what is lawfully set down is akin to saying I don't have freedom to drive because I want to tear arse on the motorway at 120 mph..

I don't want to be insensitive but how does that work?"

Yes it can do especially somebody who has a severe learning difficulty or is very high up on the autism spectrum.

What?

Where's the correlation?

With good reason yes?

Saying a person does not have freedom of speech as they have to abide by what is lawfully set down is akin to saying I don't have freedom to drive because I want to tear arse on the motorway at 120 mph..

"

If anything you're the one who's confused.

Thanks for the chat, really good input on subject matter

in Lancashire

What?

Where's the correlation?

With good reason yes?

If anything you're the one who's confused.

Thanks for the chat, really good input on subject matter "

Nope, disagree on that ..

Your welcome..

"I do think there needs to be a form of accountability - if we live in a society where we are inclusive of disability then there should be no shame. It doesn’t work both ways - we are out and proud in our family with my sons disability. "

But we are not inclusive of disability in this country infact far from it.

When it comes to somebody's personal and private medical information it absolutely is not something that somebody should feel they should have to discover to a random, noisy member of the public.

I'm a bit confused by this thread, is it bashing people who look down on mask-dodgers or people who pretend to be exempt? Someone help me out please haha

"Sorry I'm just a little angry because of abuse of the system.

Boils my blood when people do that."

Imagine being somebody that actually cannot wear a mask, it is horrible To be constantly judged and have people feel they can come up to you and ask what is wrong with you even when you are wearing a lanyard.

Yes a minority will always find a way of abusing the system but it is unfair that those who are the most vulnerable and marginalised in society are bearing the brunt of people's frustration.

Manchester

I respectfully disagree

Considering the competition from some of the other insensitive contestants this weeks winner has certainly excelled."

Instead of making disparaging comments tell me what is the difference if both can potentially kill you?

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

In one

He is 100%right."

If somebody is wearing a exempt lanyard they should absolutely not approached or asked.

The people I know who wear a lanyard almost never get asked and enter shops quietly and with no issues.

Sadly a few work colleagues are anti mask chancers. They wear a mask moving around our buildings because they have and work know your medical history to an extent. However they always try to get into shops on our dinner breaks without a mask and they are often questioned by staff and occasionally Joe public.

In fact some shops won't let them in without a mask or a lanyard. Cash convertors said it's one or the other day.

KJ

liverpool

"I'm a bit confused by this thread, is it bashing people who look down on mask-dodgers or people who pretend to be exempt? Someone help me out please haha"

To sum up..if you dont wear a mask or a badge, everyone has a right to question you, when you pop to the asda.

Not wearing a mask is akin to attacking someone with a machete.

And something about hate speech

Hope this helps

"I'm a bit confused by this thread, is it bashing people who look down on mask-dodgers or people who pretend to be exempt? Someone help me out please haha"

My digs are never never never at the genuinely exempt it’s at those who just choose not to. I feel for the genuinely exempt being tarred with the same brush.

liverpool

In one

He is 100%right.

If somebody is wearing a exempt lanyard they should absolutely not approached or asked.

The people I know who wear a lanyard almost never get asked and enter shops quietly and with no issues.

Sadly a few work colleagues are anti mask chancers. They wear a mask moving around our buildings because they have and work know your medical history to an extent. However they always try to get into shops on our dinner breaks without a mask and they are often questioned by staff and occasionally Joe public.

In fact some shops won't let them in without a mask or a lanyard. Cash convertors said it's one or the other day.

KJ"

I think the issue is more to do with..should you be expected to wear one..and should Joe public have the right to accost you..when you pop out for your weekly shop.

"I've got a exemption due to my anxiety and depression

"

No you don't have to prove it and why should you have to.

"I'm a bit confused by this thread, is it bashing people who look down on mask-dodgers or people who pretend to be exempt? Someone help me out please haha

My digs are never never never at the genuinely exempt it’s at those who just choose not to. I feel for the genuinely exempt being tarred with the same brush. "

This

No you don't have to prove it and why should you have to."

Because it has the potential to save lives. There is no wrong side. Wearing a wrist band indicating you're exempt isn't the same as giving out your medical information to someone.

Considering that close contact is classified as less than 2 meters for longer than 15 minutes I have to ask why you are staying so close to strangers for so long.

Because it has the potential to save lives. There is no wrong side. Wearing a wrist band indicating you're exempt isn't the same as giving out your medical information to someone."

Nobody in any authority or shopstaff have ever questions me whilst wearing a Langyard.

Nasty members of the public have said "whats wrong with you then"

"Are you really disabled"

"You should be ashamed and stay home"

This has all been said to me in the last month.

So I can totally understand why somebody would not want to wear a Lang yard or a wrist band and be singled out for abuse.

Walk a mile in my shoes in my shes and come back to me because I am certain you will have a different opinion.

Bolton

Why should they.?

Two prime examples of ignorance and selfishness."

A prime example of ignorance and bullying

Bolton

Why should they.?

What right do you have to ask a person why they aren't wearing a mask?

Why should they.?

Two prime examples of ignorance and selfishness.

A prime example of ignorance and bullying "

It really is awful that because a few people claim to be exempt when they are being treated Appallingly.

People the already struggle with life are just having even harder because of other people's ignorance and lack of tolerance.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

My daughters are exempt... one still chooses to wear a mask most of the time... the other doesnt.

My disabled daughter struggles with a face mask fitting. She has really little ears and I've had to make her ones.. she even struggles with her glasses fitting.... but most of the time she will...

Bolton

"In these difficult times, people have to find their fun where they can.

Wearing a mask allows you to feel morally superior to anyone who isn't. You can then celebrate by walking into a pub, ordering a Scotch egg and a few pints, remove your masks and chat with your friends for hours. "

Not in Tier 3

"My daughters are exempt... one still chooses to wear a mask most of the time... the other doesnt.

My disabled daughter struggles with a face mask fitting. She has really little ears and I've had to make her ones.. she even struggles with her glasses fitting.... but most of the time she will... "

And thats really is brilliant that she can do that but some people really can't and they shouldn't be made to feel guilty.

liverpool

No one has pointed out the irony in approaching someone, who may or may not have covid, simply to ask,why arent you wearing a mask?

Putting you in danger,and then they say,yes I have an exemption.

What then?does that make you feel better?

"No one has pointed out the irony in approaching someone, who may or may not have covid, simply to ask,why arent you wearing a mask?

What then?does that make you feel better?"

Exactly!

Manchester

Why should they.?

Since when did asking a question be discrimination: "the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability." Where does it say asking a question is discrimination?

What right do you have to ask a person why they aren't wearing a mask? "

Thought UK was a country of free speech?

People no longer have a right to ask questions?

Bolton

Confused by your reply

It's not the disabled that are at fault here, they are being used by the people who have nothing wrong with them, in order to get away with not wearing a mask. Genuine disabled people are not averse to showing proof, well certainly not the ones i know."

You don't have any right whatsoever to ask someone to produce their driving licence.

liverpool

Why should they.?

People no longer have a right to ask questions?"

You arent asking questions

You are confronting people who may be totally exempt.

Imagine walking around the shop and being stopped every 10 seconds.

Why should they.?

People no longer have a right to ask questions?"

Nobody has the right to ask what somebody's medical conditions are no.

If you ask somebody what their disability is just because it would make you feel better expect to get a mouthfull because you would deserve it.

Manchester

"No one has pointed out the irony in approaching someone, who may or may not have covid, simply to ask,why arent you wearing a mask?

What then?does that make you feel better?"

In a world where people are not only, not wearing masks they also don't keep social distancing..... believe me you don't have to approach them, they will often come close enough.

Why should they.?

Imagine walking around the shop and being stopped every 10 seconds. "

Its horrible and embarrassing.

Manchester

Why should they.?

If you ask somebody what their disability is just because it would make you feel better expect to get a mouthfull because you would deserve it."

Where did you read, ask about disability or medical condition? What are you reading?

liverpool

What then?does that make you feel better?

In a world where people are not only, not wearing masks they also don't keep social distancing..... believe me you don't have to approach them, they will often come close enough."

Well you move away

Why should they.?

If you ask somebody what their disability is just because it would make you feel better expect to get a mouthfull because you would deserve it.

Where did you read, ask about disability or medical condition? What are you reading?"

If you are asking someone why they are not wearing a mos hc you are expecting a reply no?

If someone says they are exempt And you ask them why you are asking them to disclose personal information.

Manchester

Why should they.?

"

Most genuine exempt people wear a lanyard or carry a card...... but if the to$$er$ who are not wearing masks when they should........ just did wear masks... this discussion would not even be needed

Manchester

Why should they.?

Where did you read, ask about disability or medical condition? What are you reading?

If you are asking someone why they are not wearing a mos hc you are expecting a reply no?

If someone says they are exempt And you ask them why you are asking them to disclose personal information."

Who mentioned asking the why? Again what are you reading?

Why should they.?

Most genuine exempt people wear a lanyard or carry a card...... but if the to$$er$ who are not wearing masks when they should........ just did wear masks... this discussion would not even be needed

"

You clearly haven't read the thread because I have said several times I wear Langyard and noisy, nasty members of the public ask what is wrong with me so I'm sorry but wearing a Langyard makes no difference so it's easier not to wear one.

It is very simple mind your own business and keep your distance you do not need to ask anybody why they are not wearing a mask ever!

Why should they.?

If someone says they are exempt And you ask them why you are asking them to disclose personal information.

Who mentioned asking the why? Again what are you reading?"

Several people have mentioned asking why on this thread.

Manchester

Why should they.?

You clearly haven't read the thread because I have said several times I wear Langyard and noisy, nasty members of the public ask what is wrong with me so I'm sorry but wearing a Langyard makes no difference so it's easier not to wear one.

It is very simple mind your own business and keep your distance you do not need to ask anybody why they are not wearing a mask ever!"

But isn't that the point it is everybody's business if someone is potentially spreading the virus?

Manchester

Why should they.?

Who mentioned asking the why? Again what are you reading?

Several people have mentioned asking why on this thread."

Please take up that debate with those people, because i agree it's wrong

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

No point arguing and bitching stuff you can’t control.

We’re your mask, do what you can and accept the fact you can’t make everyone do the same

There’s always legit exemptions and there’s always idiots... can’t fight every battle lol!

Why should they.?

It is very simple mind your own business and keep your distance you do not need to ask anybody why they are not wearing a mask ever!

But isn't that the point it is everybody's business if someone is potentially spreading the virus?"

It is none of your business why I do not wear a mask all you need to know is im exempt that is it end of story.

How did you knowing why make you any more safe?

What makes you safe is keeping you distance.

I respectfully disagree

Considering the competition from some of the other insensitive contestants this weeks winner has certainly excelled.

Instead of making disparaging comments tell me what is the difference if both can potentially kill you?"

Because according to the experts you need to be in close proximity of an infected person for longer than 15 minutes. I have a feeling a knife wielding lunatic wouldn’t need that long.

Now if you are in the habit of standing close to strangers in a shop for longer than 15 minutes maybe you’ll be at risk( of a restraining order)

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Why should they.?

Exactly

It's no one else's business. "

It's a tricky one really.

It's a public health issue that requires the use of face coverings as part of measures to reduce the risk of infection to others.

Yet there's lists longer than your arm of conditions that if you say you have any of them then your free to potentially have a much higher possibility of infecting others by not using a covering.

Going by how many people I see without face coverings there's either a hell of a lot of "unwell" people or it's just dirty bastards that don't give a shit about others.

When I see someone without a covering I generally think the latter and keep as much distance from them as humanly possible.

Why should they.?

Exactly

It's a public health issue that requires the use of face coverings as part of measures to reduce the risk of infection to others.

Yet there's lists longer than your arm of conditions that if you say you have any of them then your free to potentially have a much higher possibility of infecting others by not using a covering.

Going by how many people I see without face coverings there's either a hell of a lot of "unwell" people or it's just dirty bastards that don't give a shit about others.

When I see someone without a covering I generally think the latter and keep as much distance from them as humanly possible. "

And this lies the problem so those of us that can't wear a mask for reasons you do not need tonight I labelled aresholes because people won't have a little bit of tolerance.

Also the list is not as long as your arm it is very short it is simply if you physically cannot put on remove or wear a face covering, If physically putting on wearing or removing a face covering causes extreme distress, or if you have been advised by medical professional not to wear one.

Preston

"

Because according to the experts you need to be in close proximity of an infected person for longer than 15 minutes.

Now if you are in the habit of standing close to strangers in a shop for longer than 15 minutes maybe you’ll be at risk( of a restraining order)"

For the highest risk possibility of infection yes but it does not mean you can only get infected after 15 minutes exposure and anything less there's no chance.

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

Why should they.?

Exactly

When I see someone without a covering I generally think the latter and keep as much distance from them as humanly possible.

And this lies the problem so those of us that can't wear a mask for reasons you do not need tonight I labelled aresholes because people won't have a little bit of tolerance.

Also the list is not as long as your arm it is very short it is simply if you physically cannot put on remove or wear a face covering, If physically putting on wearing or removing a face covering causes extreme distress, or if you have been advised by medical professional not to wear one."

To be fair though, it isn’t that simple cos no ones comfortable in one and that then becomes a “massive distress” to people that abuse it.

Just do you, it’s all everyone can do

By *nvincible ButterflyWoman  over a year ago

LEEDS

I'm exempt for very valid reasons but still try to wear one for short periods of time. However anything longer than 15 mins and I'm panicking so I need to remove it.

I've never been challenged or refused entry anywhere the times I haven't wore one, but if I was I would definitely be reminding them that I dont need to prove anything in accordance to government guidelines.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"

Why should they have to prove their disability? X

Why should they.?

Exactly

Also the list is not as long as your arm it is very short it is simply if you physically cannot put on remove or wear a face covering, If physically putting on wearing or removing a face covering causes extreme distress, or if you have been advised by medical professional not to wear one.

To be fair though, it isn’t that simple cos no ones comfortable in one and that then becomes a “massive distress” to people that abuse it.

Just do you, it’s all everyone can do "

To be fair according to the government website it is that simple.

And I try doing me but I get challenged by ignorant intolerant nasty nosy people who feel they have a right to publically humiliate me because I cannot wear a mask.

Like I said walk a mile in my shoes and people like me then get back to me and you will not be saying the same thing.

It's very simple keep your distance and keep your nose out that all people need to do.

in Lancashire

Same principle of meeting casual strangers for sex, assume they may not be telling the complete truth about their status..

Protect yourself and in doing so you protect others..

Can't imagine how fucking awful it must be to have some complete stranger who in this time thinks they've turned into a medical expert/detective super hero asking personal health information..

Because it has the potential to save lives. There is no wrong side. Wearing a wrist band indicating you're exempt isn't the same as giving out your medical information to someone.

Nobody in any authority or shopstaff have ever questions me whilst wearing a Langyard.

Nasty members of the public have said "whats wrong with you then"

"Are you really disabled"

"You should be ashamed and stay home"

This has all been said to me in the last month.

So I can totally understand why somebody would not want to wear a Lang yard or a wrist band and be singled out for abuse.

Walk a mile in my shoes in my shes and come back to me because I am certain you will have a different opinion."

You asked why should someone do it. I answered why. My original post is referring to those people who don't have any disability, visible or not and chose not to wear a mask with the exemption excuse because it can't be questioned or proved.

I have absolutely zero issues with people who are genuinely exempt from wearing one. My follow up question is as to why those who are exempt chose not to wear a lanyard or a wristband, and for tens of posts people have completely dodged or took that question out of context.

I believe, _ophieslut was the first user to tell me the reason why, which I have acknowledged.

Preston

Why should they.?

Exactly

Also the list is not as long as your arm it is very short it is simply if you physically cannot put on remove or wear a face covering, If physically putting on wearing or removing a face covering causes extreme distress, or if you have been advised by medical professional not to wear one."

I was only going by a poster on this thread about list length of conditions so if the list is short then it's short.

I'd never challenge anyone because they didn't ware a covering but I have asked people without one to back off a bit if they have been virtually been on my back in a queue.

As I said I do avoid them like the plague irrespective if they are exempt because I have no idea if they are or if their just dirty bastard who don't give a shit.

Either way I keep away