FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mask exemptions and lack of enforcement (summary)

Mask exemptions and lack of enforcement (summary)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the educational and informative contributions from some of the posters.

In particular

sophieslut

ammixtape

Kinky_couple2020

Lornajo83

Big thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sometimes threads like this can prove a great opportunity to ask questions and get different perspectives and maybe even consider something we haven't thought of before.

By *rjimMan  over a year ago

nr bristol

Everyone should read the Govt. advice on not wearing a mask.(The Law)

It may be informative to some members here to read The Equality Act 2010.

And any member who is overly concerned about non mask wearers affecting their safety better not be smokers, take any form of illegal drug or be fat.(all bad for you)

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Mask or if exempt face shield.

"Mask or if exempt face shield."

Face Shields are pointless unless worn with a mask so wearing a face shield would just be literally for show so it's pointless.

The exemptions are there for a reason and people just need to accept it.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Mask or if exempt face shield.

Face Shields are pointless unless worn with a mask so wearing a face shield would just be literally for show so it's pointless.

The exemptions are there for a reason and people just need to accept it."

"wearing a face shield is pointless" why??

"wearing a face shield is pointless" why??"

Because there are great big gaps down the side. Thats not what I am saying that's what health professionals say.

The exemptions are for coverings so People banging on about wearing Shields isn't necessary.

Faceshields should be worn with a mask. Its not that they are pointless but need to be used in conjunction with one another. As well as washing hands and using alcohol gel prior to putting them on or taking them off. Many people dont do this. And alot of people are reusing masks without washing them after using them. Is the droplets or residue are on it then they are potentially going to catch it. Needs to be clearer guidleines with regards to masks. Plus so many masks are not clinically tested.

"Faceshields should be worn with a mask. Its not that they are pointless but need to be used in conjunction with one another. As well as washing hands and using alcohol gel prior to putting them on or taking them off. Many people dont do this. And alot of people are reusing masks without washing them after using them. Is the droplets or residue are on it then they are potentially going to catch it. Needs to be clearer guidleines with regards to masks. Plus so many masks are not clinically tested. "

Thats exactly what I said pointless unless worn with a mask.

Manchester

Because there are great big gaps down the side. Thats not what I am saying that's what health professionals say.

The exemptions are for coverings so People banging on about wearing Shields isn't necessary."

I'm not really asking about exemptions but i do wear face shields and wanted to know why they are pointless. If the purpose (as i understand it) is to stop me from spreading the virus to others from coughs and sneezes projecting droplets 6 or 7 feet what problem is the sides?

The exemptions are for coverings so People banging on about wearing Shields isn't necessary.

I'm not really asking about exemptions but i do wear face shields and wanted to know why they are pointless. If the purpose (as i understand it) is to stop me from spreading the virus to others from coughs and sneezes projecting droplets 6 or 7 feet what problem is the sides?"

If you look up the guidelines about wearing Shields you will see that they are not recommended and less you are also wearing a mask.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just wanted to say a big thank you for the educational and informative contributions from some of the posters.

In particular

sophieslut

ammixtape

Kinky_couple2020

Lornajo83

Big thank you "

You're welcome, Morningstar!

Manchester

I'm not really asking about exemptions but i do wear face shields and wanted to know why they are pointless. If the purpose (as i understand it) is to stop me from spreading the virus to others from coughs and sneezes projecting droplets 6 or 7 feet what problem is the sides?

If you look up the guidelines about wearing Shields you will see that they are not recommended and less you are also wearing a mask."

Can i get a link please?

If you look up the guidelines about wearing Shields you will see that they are not recommended and less you are also wearing a mask.

Can i get a link please?"

Its on the government and nhs websites.

Visors are designed to be used in conjunction with masks. The fact that when sneezing/coughing droplets do not go in to a straight line regardless of wearing a visor. Do people sanitize after they have used a visor. Do they dispose of it correctly. I doubt people do. If you wear masks, visors, gloves or on form of disposable PPE then it needs to be kept in a bin for 72hrs before going in to a normal rubbish bin. This doesnt happen. The more PPE you wear and more you wash and sanitise. Just following a set procedure will help reduce spreading this virus

The upshot of the advice regarding face shields without a mask is they are fairly protective to the wearer but fairly ineffective at stopping spread.

Im not being an arse about this and i apologise if i come across that way. Its not my intention. But i am part of the mass testing program. And i know alot of things with regards to this pandemic. I have been fighting it since its existence. And i will be until it has gone. I just think many things need to be made clearer and procedures need to be introduced so people fully understand

North West

Face shields are designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes to the eye.

Face masks are designed to protect the PUBLIC from the droplets coming from the wearer's mouth.

Hospital staff wear shields, visors or goggles when carrying out droplet generating procedures, eg inserting a breathing tube. The reason is to protect the staff member from the droplets when the patient coughs/gags etc. The shields have never been used for the protection of the patient.

Face shield wearing as a mask substitute have been implicated in worsening Covid spread, because if you sneeze or cough whilst wearing one, the droplets are forced rapidly downwards in a single stream. In Switzerland and Germany, outbreaks in hospitality have been shown where members of the public who were served by face shield wearers DID become infected, while those served by mask wearers did not.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200806-are-face-shields-effective-against-covid-19

"Face shields are designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes to the eye.

Face masks are designed to protect the PUBLIC from the droplets coming from the wearer's mouth.

Hospital staff wear shields, visors or goggles when carrying out droplet generating procedures, eg inserting a breathing tube. The reason is to protect the staff member from the droplets when the patient coughs/gags etc. The shields have never been used for the protection of the patient.

Face shield wearing as a mask substitute have been implicated in worsening Covid spread, because if you sneeze or cough whilst wearing one, the droplets are forced rapidly downwards in a single stream. In Switzerland and Germany, outbreaks in hospitality have been shown where members of the public who were served by face shield wearers DID become infected, while those served by mask wearers did not.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200806-are-face-shields-effective-against-covid-19"

You beat me to it that's the link I was just coming on to post.

North West

[Removed by poster at 19/12/20 10:21:28]

North West

"Face shields are designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes to the eye.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200806-are-face-shields-effective-against-covid-19

You beat me to it that's the link I was just coming on to post. "

By *onnieSoak79Man  over a year ago

Gillingham

The exemptions are there for a reason and people just need to accept it."

Agreed I can’t see why they’re not enforcing the use of both, they both have very different purposes

"Im not being an arse about this and i apologise if i come across that way. Its not my intention. But i am part of the mass testing program. And i know alot of things with regards to this pandemic. I have been fighting it since its existence. And i will be until it has gone. I just think many things need to be made clearer and procedures need to be introduced so people fully understand "

What things need to be clearer?

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

"

https://www.england.nhs.uk/south/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/09/4A-COVID_Info_Sheet_Masks_and_Face_Coverings_V1.0.pdf

Says here we can wear face shields, please stop spouting rumours

North West

Quote from the most up to date Government advice:

Face visors or shields

A face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face covering but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

Can i get a link please?

https://www.england.nhs.uk/south/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/09/4A-COVID_Info_Sheet_Masks_and_Face_Coverings_V1.0.pdf

Says here we can wear face shields, please stop spouting rumours"

I think you need to read the thread carefully again because actually nobody said you couldn't wear one just that without to mask its just for show.

This is why it is face covering exemption not mask exemptions.

Would you like to elaborate on who has been spending rumours?

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

I think you need to read the thread carefully again because actually nobody said you couldn't wear one just that without to mask its just for show.

Would you like to elaborate on who has been spending rumours?"

Well since you ask it's you..... wearing the face shield is NOT just for show, well not according to that piece of information

Can i get a link please?

Well since you ask it's you..... wearing the face shield is NOT just for show, well not according to that piece of information"

OK you need to read again.

That little piece of information that you provided a link to, it has 2 Sentences regarding face Shields and very clearly says that it has to be properly fitted. The ones you see people wearing in public places are simply a bit of plastic in front of the face with great big whopping gaps in the side.

So could you please again elaborate what rumours I am spreading.

Also others on this thread Have said very similar to me yet you choose to single me out could you explain why?

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

Well since you ask it's you..... wearing the face shield is NOT just for show, well not according to that piece of information

That little piece of information that you provided a link to, it has 2 Sentences regarding face Shields and very clearly says that it has to be properly fitted. The ones you see people wearing in public places are simply a bit of plastic in front of the face with great big whopping gaps in the side.

Also others on this thread Have said very similar to me yet you choose to single me out could you explain why?"

Well your not specifying that if it is of correct size shape and fitting they are allowed..... you are lumping them all together and saying they ain't, cos it suits you to say so. I didn't single you out you chose to argue my point at least allow me to correct you.

Can i get a link please?

Also others on this thread Have said very similar to me yet you choose to single me out could you explain why?

Well your not specifying that if it is of correct size shape and fitting they are allowed..... you are lumping them all together and saying they ain't, cos it suits you to say so. I didn't single you out you chose to argue my point at least allow me to correct you.

"

Again go back and read what has actually been written.

Yes if you choose to wear a face shield you can however they are fairly ineffective in most situations so what is the point in saying somebody who is exempt to just wear a Face shield as like I said its pretty much just for show.

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

Yes if you choose to wear a face shield you can however they are fairly ineffective in most situations so what is the point in saying somebody who is exempt to just wear a Face shield as like I said its pretty much just for show. "

I never said the exempt people, i said i wear them and they are NOT just for show just because you say they are, so please stop spreading rumour, be factual and help the situation or stay quiet.

Can i get a link please?

Yes if you choose to wear a face shield you can however they are fairly ineffective in most situations so what is the point in saying somebody who is exempt to just wear a Face shield as like I said its pretty much just for show.

I never said the exempt people, i said i wear them and they are NOT just for show just because you say they are, so please stop spreading rumour, be factual and help the situation or stay quiet.

"

ok. You have been provided with links that backup what I have said so again I can't see how I have spread any rumours.

Also you do not to get to tell me or anybody else to stay quiet just because we have a different opinion please remember you can disagree without getting nasty.

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

ok. You have been provided with links that backup what I have said so again I can't see how I have spread any rumours.

Also you do not to get to tell me or anybody else to stay quiet just because we have a different opinion please remember you can disagree without getting nasty. "

"nasty" i asked you to spread facts not rumours...... is not nasty by any definition

Can i get a link please?

Also you do not to get to tell me or anybody else to stay quiet just because we have a different opinion please remember you can disagree without getting nasty.

"nasty" i asked you to spread facts not rumours...... is not nasty by any definition "

OK like I said I think you want to go back and read what has been written. there is no point arguing about this I have given you my point of view and I have spread no rumours you have been provided with links that backup what I say so let's leave it there.

Also please remember that telling someone to be quiet is fairly unpleasant.

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

"nasty" i asked you to spread facts not rumours...... is not nasty by any definition

OK like I said I think you want to go back and read what has been written. there is no point arguing about this I have given you my point of view and I have spread no rumours you have been provided with links that backup what I say so let's leave it there.

"

I do apologise i missed the link that you provided?? what was it and when did you do this?

Can i get a link please?

I do apologise i missed the link that you provided?? what was it and when did you do this?"

I did not say I have provided them I said you had been provided with links that backup what I say so again please go back and read the thread thank you.

I am starting to think you actually don't want any information you just want to have an argument so this will be my last post to you, you can either read the information that has been provided or not but please don't tell me to be quiet or that spreading rumours it is unnecessary.

Manchester

Can i get a link please?

I do apologise i missed the link that you provided?? what was it and when did you do this?

I did not say I have provided them I said you had been provided with links that backup what I say so again please go back and read the thread thank you.

I am starting to think you actually don't want any information you just want to have an argument so this will be my last post to you, you can either read the information that has been provided or not but please don't tell me to be quiet or that spreading rumours it is unnecessary."

You asked me to check NHS and Gov uk web sites, I did, somebody provided a link to a BBC report, none of which actually back up your claim of being pointless. You said it was "pointless" none of the info you asked me to check agreed with your comment. what would you call it if not rumour/misinformation?

"Quote from the most up to date Government advice:

Face visors or shields

A face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face covering but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own"

Manchester

Face visors or shields

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own"

From the link "A face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face covering but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth."

which in turn backs up the NHS position, if it does adequately cover the nose and mouth it will be fine.

North West

Face visors or shields

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

From the link "A face visor or shield may be worn in addition to a face covering but not instead of one. This is because face visors or shields do not adequately cover the nose and mouth."

which in turn backs up the NHS position, if it does adequately cover the nose and mouth it will be fine.

"

No. The statement clearly states a visor should not be used instead of a mask. The NHS certainly doesn't advocate it either. I frankly care little about your point of view. The microbiological facts are that visors of any design do not cover the nose or mouth properly. I've already explained they're designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes BUT if worn alone, they funnel the secretions of the wearer downward and sideways, so INCREASE the risk to others. That's why medical professionals wear visors with masks.

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

The visors are a bit rubbish on their own, and they steam up. I’d much rather just wear a mask

Manchester

Face visors or shields

No. The statement clearly states a visor should not be used instead of a mask. The NHS certainly doesn't advocate it either. I frankly care little about your point of view. The microbiological facts are that visors of any design do not cover the nose or mouth properly. I've already explained they're designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes BUT if worn alone, they funnel the secretions of the wearer downward and sideways, so INCREASE the risk to others. That's why medical professionals wear visors with masks. "

From NHS England :

Face shields:

A face shield/visor provides a barrier against respiratory droplets between the wearer and any person closer than 2m.

Visors need to fit properly and be worn properly. A visor must

cover your forehead, extend below your chin, and wrap around the sides of your face.

So NHS do advocate the use of them

I dont wear a mask im exempt and even if I wasn't I still wouldn't wear a face muzzle

North West

Face visors or shields

No. The statement clearly states a visor should not be used instead of a mask. The NHS certainly doesn't advocate it either. I frankly care little about your point of view. The microbiological facts are that visors of any design do not cover the nose or mouth properly. I've already explained they're designed to protect the WEARER against droplet splashes BUT if worn alone, they funnel the secretions of the wearer downward and sideways, so INCREASE the risk to others. That's why medical professionals wear visors with masks.

From NHS England :

Face shields:

A face shield/visor provides a barrier against respiratory droplets between the wearer and any person closer than 2m.

Visors need to fit properly and be worn properly. A visor must

cover your forehead, extend below your chin, and wrap around the sides of your face.

So NHS do advocate the use of them

https://www.england.nhs.uk/south/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2020/09/4A-COVID_Info_Sheet_Masks_and_Face_Coverings_V1.0.pdf"

That advice sheet is from September. The Government advice I linked to is from December. Advice is updated as more evidence and information is available. As usual, our Government advice is months behind the rest of Europe. Switzerland and Germany stated visors alone were insufficient and in fact potentially dangerous before September.

Our media was also reporting this fact back in September: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-plastic-visors-could-increase-risk-of-coronavirus-transmission-study-finds-12062704

» Add a new message to this topic