FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Secondary Schools

Secondary Schools

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pursChick aka Shortie OP   Woman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Staggered return for England's secondary schools next term https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55348886

It will be interesting to see how they get this organised over the next couple of weeks.

Applaud that teachers are now entitled to weekly tests, long time over due.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Staggered return for England's secondary schools next term https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55348886

It will be interesting to see how they get this organised over the next couple of weeks.

Applaud that teachers are now entitled to weekly tests, long time over due. "

Good news about the testing but like much of the government's response to the pandemic it's been far too slow.

On a mooch

It is slow, but I feel for the teachers if they are the ones they expect to carry out the testing on top of their usual role, I’m hoping that isn’t the case.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

We received a text from our kids school today say primary/secondary will not go back until the 11th & this may be changed again before then.

S

On a mooch

"We received a text from our kids school today say primary/secondary will not go back until the 11th & this may be changed again before then.

S"

We are yet to hear anything, but we broke last Friday so not a working day for staff. I don’t expect to hear anything until after Christmas.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I can’t do with homeschooling two boys at secondary school again as well as work!

Mrsikc

Nhs staff have only started twice weekly testing over the last 2 weeks

The department for education have been a shower of shite over last minute announcements to schools throughout the whole pandemic. Fancy announcing this on the day we all break up! We could have been told about this a week ago to prepare staff, students and parents!

Mine are back on the 11th aswell now. Ho hum welcome to 2021

By *loppysuckerMan  over a year ago

birmingham

"The department for education have been a shower of shite over last minute announcements to schools throughout the whole pandemic. Fancy announcing this on the day we all break up! We could have been told about this a week ago to prepare staff, students and parents!"

I’m sick of the emails from Kevin and Mary

West Wales

"Mine are back on the 11th aswell now. Ho hum welcome to 2021 "

Ours finished last Friday & the online stuff this week has been poor tbh. Previously it was fine but I think maybe they were caught out this time. I don’t suppose they coextensive many to attend online now, Our thirteen year old was one of two in a lesson yesterday!!

S

West Wales

"Mine are back on the 11th aswell now. Ho hum welcome to 2021

Ours finished last Friday & the online stuff this week has been poor tbh. Previously it was fine but I think maybe they were caught out this time. I don’t suppose they coextensive many to attend online now, Our thirteen year old was one of two in a lesson yesterday!!

S"

Expect, bloody phone!!

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

We had 40 teachers off at our local village school so they closed it down early. And according the the community page lots of kids are testing positive this week

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The government is advocating a staggered return to school yet they threatened with legal action some high schools which tried to close a week or even a few days early

"Mine are back on the 11th aswell now. Ho hum welcome to 2021

S

Expect, bloody phone!!"

ours went back for the last four days as they have had between them pretty much the previous four weeks off, last day there were not many there at all.

"It is slow, but I feel for the teachers if they are the ones they expect to carry out the testing on top of their usual role, I’m hoping that isn’t the case. "

No , the teachers are not going to do the testing

On a mooch

"It is slow, but I feel for the teachers if they are the ones they expect to carry out the testing on top of their usual role, I’m hoping that isn’t the case.

No , the teachers are not going to do the testing "

They haven’t said who is, just the schools have to prepare for mass testing. So what do they have to prepare, a room, recruit extra staff.... too many questions unanswered.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

They say school governors can volunteer. Don't they realise most governors have full time jobs ? Consent from the parent/carer of all students under 16 required. A massive task.

On a mooch

"They say school governors can volunteer. Don't they realise most governors have full time jobs ? Consent from the parent/carer of all students under 16 required. A massive task."

We’ve had a letter from school confirming return date (11th was the 6th) and asking if any parents can volunteer to help administer the mass tests the first week back. They have been honest and said we are still not sure what is actually required, as we’ve received very little information. Will be in touch again in the new year when things might be a bit clearer.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Staggered return for England's secondary schools next term https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-55348886

The government are so incredibly STUPID. Why on earth did they wait until the last day of term before announcing this, how are we supposed to plan and prepare for January. They haven't even given us all the information yes... more info to follow they told us today.

Bloody morons

Cal

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Mine are going back staggered from the 11th. Yr 11 and 13 on the original date.

The school apparently has military help to help with the testing.

The government must of known the late start/remote learning would of been a possibility

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"They say school governors can volunteer. Don't they realise most governors have full time jobs ? Consent from the parent/carer of all students under 16 required. A massive task.

We’ve had a letter from school confirming return date (11th was the 6th) and asking if any parents can volunteer to help administer the mass tests the first week back. They have been honest and said we are still not sure what is actually required, as we’ve received very little information. Will be in touch again in the new year when things might be a bit clearer. "

Sounds like an organised proactive school

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

Lancashire CC are putting teams together to do mass testing ASAP, we have to do mandatory training and they’re currently sorting out all paperwork etc. From the emails I’ve had so far we’re gonna get training from the MOD and they want to go live ASAP but I’m guessing it’ll be different with each LA to put provision in place, having previously worked in community testing the powers that be are working daft hours to try and get things set up and it’s not an easy task either!

On a mooch

The government are so incredibly STUPID. Why on earth did they wait until the last day of term before announcing this, how are we supposed to plan and prepare for January. They haven't even given us all the information yes... more info to follow they told us today.

Bloody morons

Cal"

Agree when teachers and senior staff should be taking a well earned break, they are now going to have to sort this out and by the sounds of it with very little time.

On a mooch

"They say school governors can volunteer. Don't they realise most governors have full time jobs ? Consent from the parent/carer of all students under 16 required. A massive task.

We’ve had a letter from school confirming return date (11th was the 6th) and asking if any parents can volunteer to help administer the mass tests the first week back. They have been honest and said we are still not sure what is actually required, as we’ve received very little information. Will be in touch again in the new year when things might be a bit clearer.

Sounds like an organised proactive school "

I can’t fault them, this last year has been a huge learning curve for all; they listened to feedback through the first lockdown and adjusted, twice weekly calls to kids & patents by form tutors (even through the holidays) but they’ve pulled it off and I applaud them for it; we’ve all had tears and laughter through the year. This is just something else we’ve now all got to deal with and we will as a group, it’s not just the school’s responsibility

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Good news about the testing but like much of the government's response to the pandemic it's been far too slow. "

So in what way were they slow and by how much?

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Should have staggered pub openings

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

The fact they say it (teacher testing) and their ability to actually successfully deliver it are different things.

The Government has royally screwed up the secondary school announcement. Oh for some quality leadership.

Tin town

"The Government has royally screwed up the secondary school announcement. Oh for some quality leadership."

My sons school said today. Years 11 and 13 go back as planned. They can't say when the others go back yet as they don't have a plan. That pupils will be able to be tested at school... Somehow but they don't know how it will be done yet or by whom. Apart from that it's all good.

Northampton Somewhere

"The Government has royally screwed up the secondary school announcement. Oh for some quality leadership.

My sons school said today. Years 11 and 13 go back as planned. They can't say when the others go back yet as they don't have a plan. That pupils will be able to be tested at school... Somehow but they don't know how it will be done yet or by whom. Apart from that it's all good. "

Ah,that's probably why my yr 10 & yr 12 children weren't on the list ~ because they don't know!!!! What a mess.

"The Government has royally screwed up the secondary school announcement. Oh for some quality leadership.

My sons school said today. Years 11 and 13 go back as planned. They can't say when the others go back yet as they don't have a plan. That pupils will be able to be tested at school... Somehow but they don't know how it will be done yet or by whom. Apart from that it's all good. "

There are no winners in this mess. I like what one head said, something along the lines that the govt is trying to project a battle of britain spirit, but it's more like dad's army.

By *idingout41Man  over a year ago

Southampton

I cannot help thinking that the government hope and continue to hope that “every man (and clearly woman & Child) will do their duty.

Maybe they are naive but should the blame be placed on on us as citizens who fail to listen to advice?

I had a coffee in a Nero this week. This was business and so allowed even though we both thought we were pushing it but we were frozen after a couple of hours outside.

Clearly almost everything in the place we’re friends or family meeting up.

Is anyone obeying the rules?

Tin town

My sons school said today. Years 11 and 13 go back as planned. They can't say when the others go back yet as they don't have a plan. That pupils will be able to be tested at school... Somehow but they don't know how it will be done yet or by whom. Apart from that it's all good.

There are no winners in this mess. I like what one head said, something along the lines that the govt is trying to project a battle of britain spirit, but it's more like dad's army."

Don't tell him your name pike

Tin town

"I cannot help thinking that the government hope and continue to hope that “every man (and clearly woman & Child) will do their duty.

Maybe they are naive but should the blame be placed on on us as citizens who fail to listen to advice?

I had a coffee in a Nero this week. This was business and so allowed even though we both thought we were pushing it but we were frozen after a couple of hours outside.

Is anyone obeying the rules?"

Absolutely. A large part of "blame" lays at our feet. Equally we have the power to be a massive part of the solution. We spread it. Govt and science give us advice and we choose to ignore it.

Now... Have the govt been dreadful... Yes... But that doesn't absolve us of our responsibilities.

On a mooch

"I cannot help thinking that the government hope and continue to hope that “every man (and clearly woman & Child) will do their duty.

Is anyone obeying the rules?"

I am as are my family, although not sure what that has to do with secondary schools going back

Northampton Somewhere

Just heard on the news that 1500 (yes, that's right!) military personnel are being used to help with testing at schools when they go back. I mean that's great but is that nearly enough?

On a mooch

"Just heard on the news that 1500 (yes, that's right!) military personnel are being used to help with testing at schools when they go back. I mean that's great but is that nearly enough?

"

As they aren’t actually going to be doing the testing but providing support, then I guess so

From BBC:

The Ministry of Defence said most of the 1,500 personnel will form local response teams, providing support and phone advice to institutions needing guidance on the testing process and set-up of testing facilities.

It said support would be done "predominantly through webinars and individual meetings", but teams would also be on standby to provide in-person support at short notice.

Students will swab themselves in the vast majority of cases, under the supervision of a school staff member or volunteer who has been trained for the role, and teachers are not expected to take a role in the testing process.

Northampton Somewhere

"Just heard on the news that 1500 (yes, that's right!) military personnel are being used to help with testing at schools when they go back. I mean that's great but is that nearly enough?

As they aren’t actually going to be doing the testing but providing support, then I guess so

From BBC:

The Ministry of Defence said most of the 1,500 personnel will form local response teams, providing support and phone advice to institutions needing guidance on the testing process and set-up of testing facilities.

It said support would be done "predominantly through webinars and individual meetings", but teams would also be on standby to provide in-person support at short notice.

Students will swab themselves in the vast majority of cases, under the supervision of a school staff member or volunteer who has been trained for the role, and teachers are not expected to take a role in the testing process."

Thanks for posting that

There's been a leak on Times Education site today. No secondary kids in first week back, years 11 & 13 second week back and whole school in for third.

Official announcement tomorrow

By *exyparadiseWoman  over a year ago

Top secret

I dont think secondary schools will return till Feb, my son is due to return a week later at present but I think that's very doubtfull

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"There's been a leak on Times Education site today. No secondary kids in first week back, years 11 & 13 second week back and whole school in for third.

Official announcement tomorrow"

As I thought so Basically Tier 5. No School's

"I dont think secondary schools will return till Feb, my son is due to return a week later at present but I think that's very doubtfull "

That might be right but they do want the kids in to start testing but giving schools more time to organise it all the first week

"There's been a leak on Times Education site today. No secondary kids in first week back, years 11 & 13 second week back and whole school in for third.

Official announcement tomorrow

As I thought so Basically Tier 5. No School's "

This is only for secondary, primary planned to go back in

Teachers should also be applauded for the huge amount of work that will now need to go into preparing for the change at such short notice. But they won't be.

On a mooch

Official announcement tomorrow"

Makes sense as they need time to get set up for the testing. I’d already warned my lad not likely to mid to end of January at the earliest, but online school still starts same day, however could be longer as T4

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"It is slow, but I feel for the teachers if they are the ones they expect to carry out the testing on top of their usual role, I’m hoping that isn’t the case.

No , the teachers are not going to do the testing

They haven’t said who is, just the schools have to prepare for mass testing. So what do they have to prepare, a room, recruit extra staff.... too many questions unanswered. "

Local to me they are recruiting

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

One of the secondary schools near me is asking for parent volunteers to help.

On a mooch

Teachers should also be applauded for the huge amount of work that will now need to go into preparing for the change at such short notice. But they won't be."

Such a broad statement, we are fully aware of the work going on behind the scenes with the teachers trying to make school a safe space, running online working as well as normal classes, now the added new testing.

On a mooch

"One of the secondary schools near me is asking for parent volunteers to help."

That is what we are doing forms were sent out Christmas Eve

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

So would it make more sense to test Teachers before the kids come Back.

See where they are at, we need to get to a point where kids are tested as well.

But Yes as mentioned before by so many, thanks to the teachers for all the hard work they are teaching the ones how will need to pay for this mess. And help them through it.

On a mooch

"So would it make more sense to test Teachers before the kids come Back.

See where they are at, we need to get to a point where kids are tested as well.

But Yes as mentioned before by so many, thanks to the teachers for all the hard work they are teaching the ones how will need to pay for this mess. And help them through it.

"

That is why there is a delay to the returning secondary schools as the teachers and children will be tested.

Tin town

[Removed by poster at 29/12/20 17:29:20]

Tin town

"The department for education have been a shower of shite over last minute announcements to schools throughout the whole pandemic. Fancy announcing this on the day we all break up! We could have been told about this a week ago to prepare staff, students and parents!"

We're in a pandemic, 50k infections today. People have to adapt. If we haven't worked out yet that things may need to change on a days notice we never will. It's shitty. For everyone. Buts it's what we have to cope as best we can with.

» Add a new message to this topic