FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Testing strategy

Testing strategy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

So you think you know how something works...and then you find out you don't until it happens to you..

One of my sons schoolmates tested positive. So son comes home and says... I'd like to get tested with Xmas coming and seeing old folks, don't want to be stupid and give them something. No problem I say.. Its straight forward and there's loads of capacity now.

Wrong. Apparently you can still only get a test if you have symptoms.. (he doesn't)... And as 90% of infections are asymptomatic... I mean surely if you have symptons you know you have something and know to isolate (even if it's cough cold, you don't want to pass it on right?)... Isn't it the asymptomatic ones.. The ones who don't know they have it, that need testing?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

There are two test centres near me just for asymptomatic people. So don't know why he cant

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Same here OP you just have to play the waiting game without any symptoms.

Although we are awaiting for confirmation that secondary school kids & their families can get tested without symptoms as per government announcement last week, but at present that is only being set up in specific areas.

By *inchyorksMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

I have just had an email from our local council informing us in our area there will be four testing centres for people without symptoms from Monday.

Tin town

"There are two test centres near me just for asymptomatic people. So don't know why he cant"

He called them up... And they said as he had no symptoms he cant get a test...a week before Xmas... Its a bizarre strategy.

Tin town

"I have just had an email from our local council informing us in our area there will be four testing centres for people without symptoms from Monday."

That's a great idea. Do you have to book an appt? If so the website (currently) won't let you book without symptoms.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I know what you mean. 2 of my children are visiting their grannie so we thought the same seeing as we heard about it on the news. I googled 'how to get a test kit for school children'. I was directed to the gov.uk site where I got the same message as you.

You want to do the right thing, you try and do the right thing and there's obstacle after obstacle!

So frustrating.

Tin town

"I know what you mean. 2 of my children are visiting their grannie so we thought the same seeing as we heard about it on the news. I googled 'how to get a test kit for school children'. I was directed to the gov.uk site where I got the same message as you.

You want to do the right thing, you try and do the right thing and there's obstacle after obstacle!

So frustrating. "

Well yes exactly... I know it must be tough trying to get this right but...surely if schools are the hot bed of infection some seem to suggest they are, you'd think there'd be a way to get asymptomatic kids tested. As you said.. You sometimes try to do what's right but can't.

By *irty filthy milfWoman  over a year ago

somewhere only i know!

I was working in community testing till it was pulled and we tested anyone that wanted a test, then as we finished my other boss tested positive so we all had to go for a test and I basically lied to get the test along with my son and his gf (she’s part of our bubble) and over the past few weeks have been getting emails from LA with a view to mass testing (yes it’s rife here in East Lancashire). The advice from me would be just lie and get the test done and do the rest of the household at the same time too as you could be passing it between yourselves I know of a few who have having spent 6 weeks at various testing sites, feel free to DM me if you want more info!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So you think you know how something works...and then you find out you don't until it happens to you..

One of my sons schoolmates tested positive. So son comes home and says... I'd like to get tested with Xmas coming and seeing old folks, don't want to be stupid and give them something. No problem I say.. Its straight forward and there's loads of capacity now.

Wrong. Apparently you can still only get a test if you have symptoms.. (he doesn't)... And as 90% of infections are asymptomatic... I mean surely if you have symptons you know you have something and know to isolate (even if it's cough cold, you don't want to pass it on right?)... Isn't it the asymptomatic ones.. The ones who don't know they have it, that need testing? "

Wrong

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So you think you know how something works...and then you find out you don't until it happens to you..

Wrong. Apparently you can still only get a test if you have symptoms.. (he doesn't)... And as 90% of infections are asymptomatic... I mean surely if you have symptons you know you have something and know to isolate (even if it's cough cold, you don't want to pass it on right?)... Isn't it the asymptomatic ones.. The ones who don't know they have it, that need testing?

Wrong"

What's wrong with what was said?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The government haven't managed testing availability well all along, so the asymptomatic have been those who slipped through the net.

The new instant results testing sites, as trialled in Liverpool, give a less accurate test but at least it's a test. They're around my area now for anyone.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I do find it all a bit strange.

Two of my family members had to get tested and and literally they were the only car in the test centre.

They said it looked like it had the capacity to test a crowd of people at once.

It's good it wasn't overrun anyway

This was 2 days ago.

» Add a new message to this topic