FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine question

Vaccine question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uadzilla OP   Man  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Hi all...

I completely understand the vaccine rollout list over 80s first with care home workers etc but does anyone know or read anywhere, what if you're a carer for someone you live with and not of an age that would allow you to be vaccinated for ages.

Any help or websites to read I'd be greatful.

Cheers all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm not sure actually but there has been talk about people in exactly that situation so they are somewhere factored in I think I'm just not sure they have an official number on the list yet.

Also make sure that you are officially registered as carer at your GP surgery.

Warwickshire

"Also make sure that you are officially registered as carer at your GP surgery. "

That's a very good point I'm sure I am but will check, I'm not trying to jump the queue so to speak but myself would protect as much as possible the other person

[Removed by poster at 17/12/20 22:53:51]

There is no timeframe for it so to speak. I’m currently going through chemo, my daughter is the only person I see, she is classed as my carer, registered too. My gp today has advised she will receive the vaccine when her age bracket comes up, so along way off for her I guess they look at it as if I’m vaccinated then I’m protected

"There is no timeframe for it so to speak. I’m currently going through chemo, my daughter is the only person I see, she is classed as my carer, registered too. My gp today has advised she will receive the vaccine when her age bracket comes up, so along way off for her I guess they look at it as if I’m vaccinated then I’m protected "

My understanding is that people who are carers to somebody get a free flu vaccine and the people that get a free flu vaccine are covered in the medium risk group.

I can't be certain of that as I can't find anything official but I have heard MP's and medical professionals interviewed on the television and asked that exact question give an answer as I have above.

I very much hope that is the case

OK don't know you, but hope you get through, good luck x

She got her flu vaccine at the same time as I got mine but the covid one is a different ball game all together.

I wish they’d get it sorted and soon. At home carers are essential and should be deemed as frontline. After all they doing the same jobs as others, just for love and not a wage

"She got her flu vaccine at the same time as I got mine but the covid one is a different ball game all together.

I wish they’d get it sorted and soon. At home carers are essential and should be deemed as frontline. After all they doing the same jobs as others, just for love and not a wage "

I genuinely think they are covered with the moderate risk which is I think number 9 on the list.

I really hope I'm right. X

Me too....we can but live in hope!

There is a set government criteria.

Group 1.. care home staff residents and over 80.

Group 2 over 70

Etc.. this is set by NHS n government..nothing to do with GPs making decisions.

Carers will be about group 6 to 8.. I cant remember the list of groups

All set in stages and availability of vaccine. Contacting the gp wont get you done any quicker.

NHS ..(soon to be covid vaccinator)

"There is a set government criteria.

Group 2 over 70

All set in stages and availability of vaccine. Contacting the gp wont get you done any quicker.

"

That is brilliant and I thought that was the case because I remember it being said that they were covered in one of the categories just couldn't remember which one it was.

"There is a set government criteria.

Group 2 over 70

"

I was at the surgery for something else and we were discussing it.

I take my hat off to you, vaccinator!

Aww ta..

About to start but NHS delays..lol.

My Mother will be offered the vaccine in January... over 70 with underlying health conditions.

I am her only carer, with underlying health conditions and I’ve been made aware I’ll be eligible sometime around Easter.

The query I have is with shedding... Yes Mum will be vaccinated but can I contract it from her shedding virus particles after being vaccinated???

I cannot find this answer anywhere

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My Mother will be offered the vaccine in January... over 70 with underlying health conditions.

I am her only carer, with underlying health conditions and I’ve been made aware I’ll be eligible sometime around Easter.

The query I have is with shedding... Yes Mum will be vaccinated but can I contract it from her shedding virus particles after being vaccinated???

I cannot find this answer anywhere "

No because the vaccines do not contain whole Covid virus. The Pfizer one currently in use contains a small piece of the genetic code (only a bit, not the whole thing).

Hope this helps.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

"Hope this helps.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk"

I don't think it will help for the particular question because personal carers aren't specifically mentioned.

"Hope this helps.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

I don't think it will help for the particular question because personal carers aren't specifically mentioned.

"

Underlying health conditions?

It might help many others though who may be wondering.

Anyway just thought it may help people who are worried.

By *ets join the funCouple  over a year ago

london

"There is no timeframe for it so to speak. I’m currently going through chemo, my daughter is the only person I see, she is classed as my carer, registered too. My gp today has advised she will receive the vaccine when her age bracket comes up, so along way off for her I guess they look at it as if I’m vaccinated then I’m protected

My understanding is that people who are carers to somebody get a free flu vaccine and the people that get a free flu vaccine are covered in the medium risk group.

I can't be certain of that as I can't find anything official but I have heard MP's and medical professionals interviewed on the television and asked that exact question give an answer as I have above.

I very much hope that is the case"

That makes no sense ?

"There is no timeframe for it so to speak. I’m currently going through chemo, my daughter is the only person I see, she is classed as my carer, registered too. My gp today has advised she will receive the vaccine when her age bracket comes up, so along way off for her I guess they look at it as if I’m vaccinated then I’m protected

That makes no sense ?

"

Well everybody else understood it!

london

That makes no sense ?

Well everybody else understood it!"

Well ur understanding of something that u go on to say you can’t be sure of what you heard these MPs ect talk about that gave you the understanding that you can’t be sure about?

That makes no sense ?

Well ur understanding of something that u go on to say you can’t be sure of what you heard these MPs ect talk about that gave you the understanding that you can’t be sure about?

"

Actually if you had read the other posts as well you would have got the gist.

Anyway it has now been concerned by somebody that is actually doing the vaccinations that I was right I just couldn't remember the number.

That makes no sense ?

Actually if you had read the other posts as well you would have got the gist.

Anyway it has now been concerned by somebody that is actually doing the vaccinations that I was right I just couldn't remember the number. "

*confirmed

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That makes no sense ?

"

Now I'm lost...

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost... "

It did make sense but somebody's tried to confuse it.

I knew it was in there somewhere I just couldn't remember exactly what number because it's covered under a different category.

london

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I knew it was in there somewhere I just couldn't remember exactly what number because it's covered under a different category."

What is the point of putting something on here of your understanding that you are not sure of ?

chelmsford

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I knew it was in there somewhere I just couldn't remember exactly what number because it's covered under a different category."

I got what you were saying,lovely x

london

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

What is the point of putting something on here of your understanding that you are not sure of ?

Your first post you was not actually sure about?

What else do you know ?

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I knew it was in there somewhere I just couldn't remember exactly what number because it's covered under a different category.

"

It's called having a conversation and others Understood it and we talked about it.

What's the point in posting if all you want to do is Pull someone's opinion apart when the question is already been answered?

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

What else do you know ?

"

Seeing as you just want to have an argument by the looks of it I suggest you don't comment on my posts any more and I won't comment on yours.

london

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

What else do you know ?

Seeing as you just want to have an argument by the looks of it I suggest you don't comment on my posts any more and I won't comment on yours."

Thanks for your suggestion.... I will take note ?

Sorry to pull your opinion apart, but is not someone’s point as valid as your opinion?

Warwickshire

Thank you so much for everyone's input, I do get a flu vaccine based on my position but do understand this would be different. Totally agree the home carer do not do it for money we do it for love and I've done this since I was a child and I very much hope to continue doing it for as long as I'm possibly allowed.

Again thank you for the information x

"Thank you so much for everyone's input, I do get a flu vaccine based on my position but do understand this would be different. Totally agree the home carer do not do it for money we do it for love and I've done this since I was a child and I very much hope to continue doing it for as long as I'm possibly allowed.

Again thank you for the information x"

I very much hope that you get vaccination as soon as possible. X

chelmsford

"Thank you so much for everyone's input, I do get a flu vaccine based on my position but do understand this would be different. Totally agree the home carer do not do it for money we do it for love and I've done this since I was a child and I very much hope to continue doing it for as long as I'm possibly allowed.

Again thank you for the information x"

Oh, good luck

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I understood what you were saying.

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I understood what you were saying."

chelmsford

That makes no sense ?

Now I'm lost...

I understood what you were saying."

I think most of us did

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It was raised with the government that there's a substantial need for carers in the situation described by the OP, quite some time ago. They said in a loose, uncommitted fashion then, that they would need to look at it.

I've not heard or seen anything since

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

As we get more vaccines approved, including those that can be stored more readily than the first one, this iz likely to help to make availability easier, as more stock becomes available too. I hope that we'll have many millions vaccinated, including carers, by early spring.

Discussion now is for the likely need to keep strict restrictions in place until March, which will likely be fuelled by Christmas and winter get togethers.

london

[Removed by poster at 18/12/20 01:52:17]

» Add a new message to this topic