FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccinations

Vaccinations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now the vaccination process has started, 138 thousand done so far reported by the bbc yesterday, does that mean that the tier rules will exist until the very last person has received it, or declined it?

Those that have been vaccinated will still have to wear masks and abide by the tier rules or will,for example, the “old people’s clubs” be allowed to reopen knowing they will have had the vaccination?

In fairness surely they’ll have to wait until everyone has had the option to receive it or will it be a phased “back to normality” programme based upon those that have had it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

The number of cases should go down as more people are vaccinated. Hence the number of cases per 100,000 will go down in the areas and that will be a factor in bringing areas down levels (will also decrease the number being hospitalised)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

With cases, hospital admissions and deaths rising, what we need is a full lockdown for 6 to 8 weeks while the vaccine gets rolled out more widely.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"Now the vaccination process has started, 138 thousand done so far reported by the bbc yesterday, does that mean that the tier rules will exist until the very last person has received it, or declined it?

Those that have been vaccinated will still have to wear masks and abide by the tier rules or will,for example, the “old people’s clubs” be allowed to reopen knowing they will have had the vaccination?

In fairness surely they’ll have to wait until everyone has had the option to receive it or will it be a phased “back to normality” programme based upon those that have had it?"

Heres the thing, no one knows how long it lasts for, 3 months min. By the time every group has been vaccinated the 1st group could of lost immunity.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

Since the average age of people dying is above 80, once the elderly have been vaccinated the death toll will come right down to the levels of flu and we can then ignore it.

"Since the average age of people dying is above 80, once the elderly have been vaccinated the death toll will come right down to the levels of flu and we can then ignore it."

And what do you propose to do about those significantly younger people left with long Covid or permanent organ damage, after all, they aren't dead.

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Like every thing else it needs time to work

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Since the average age of people dying is above 80, once the elderly have been vaccinated the death toll will come right down to the levels of flu and we can then ignore it.

And what do you propose to do about those significantly younger people left with long Covid or permanent organ damage, after all, they aren't dead."

What would you suggest?

By *exyguy76Man  over a year ago

lancashire

You have to have 2 injections the second one 21 days after the first. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or catching it just makes u more in-mune from what I've heard.

"Since the average age of people dying is above 80, once the elderly have been vaccinated the death toll will come right down to the levels of flu and we can then ignore it.

And what do you propose to do about those significantly younger people left with long Covid or permanent organ damage, after all, they aren't dead.

What would you suggest? "

I suggest giving the disease the respect it warrants and not simply go "well the old are treated or dead so back to a free for all". The vaccination program needs to be completed and they situation carefully monitored until it is considered safe to do away with restrictions. This will be a phased approach over time. Ignoring Covid after only a small percentage of the population have the vaccine is irresponsible and reckless.

Bolton

So, 138,000 vaccinated in the last 10 days. So, 13,800 per day. That's quite a lot but this isn't going to be any game changer.

In 3 weeks, the first to receive will have their 2nd injection so is all first injection suspended or is it possible that they are contemplating carrying on with the rate of 13,800 a day and magically give 2nd injection. If so, why not start with double the figure and then once 2nd injection due, go to the 13,800?

So, irrespective of that, at this rate, it's going to take 4 years for the initial 20,000,000 doses to be given and that not taking into account that how long is the shelf life of the vaccine and how long does the vaccine last once given?

Logistically, it's a nightmare. So, under 60's or probably over 60's to, don't guarantee that you'll get the vaccine any time soon

Bolton

"You have to have 2 injections the second one 21 days after the first. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or catching it just makes u more in-mune from what I've heard. "

Well, there are different opinions about but according to one scientific research spokesman, he said that it doesn't stop you getting the virus, it doesn't stop you passing on the virus but it could prevent you getting the worst of the symptoms thus helping easing of the NHS

No different to the flu jab, and dare i say it lots off people will die from covid after the vacine. Around 18000 people died a few flu seasons back and thats with a flu vaccine. This is no different, in the end we will just live with it and as bad as it sounds we will just come accustomed to people dying of it like we do the flu.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"You have to have 2 injections the second one 21 days after the first. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or catching it just makes u more in-mune from what I've heard.

Well, there are different opinions about but according to one scientific research spokesman, he said that it doesn't stop you getting the virus, it doesn't stop you passing on the virus but it could prevent you getting the worst of the symptoms thus helping easing of the NHS "

That is correct to the best of my knowledge too.

Once vaccinated it is wise to be just as careful for your own health and definitely for those around you.

"You have to have 2 injections the second one 21 days after the first. The vaccine doesn't stop you getting it or catching it just makes u more in-mune from what I've heard.

Well, there are different opinions about but according to one scientific research spokesman, he said that it doesn't stop you getting the virus, it doesn't stop you passing on the virus but it could prevent you getting the worst of the symptoms thus helping easing of the NHS "

There's been many virologists saying this from the moment vaccines were muted.

The simple reason is due to the primary manner in which it is transmitted, from air ways to airways.

The vaccine doesn't stop you getting the virus it doesn't kill the virus but it prevents the individual from suffering from it.

People will still pass it on to others. The virus cannot stay long in the host whose been vaccinated because there immunity will fight it, but it'll be there long enough to be passed on to others.

I worry more about the young people who will go undiagnosed with various illnesses that could ultimately end their life's. The death rate really isn't that bad when you compare it to flu, it's around double. The economic impact will kill more anyway, if you want to stay in for the next ten years then nobody should stop you but for those of us who want to live our lives should be allowed to do so.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Tier rules have several criteria to determine which 1 you get put in, including the R number. As the number of people each infected person infects falls below 1, the R value will reflect that and should help to influence the Tier allocation falling. That's if other things used to calculate the Tier stay the same or fall. The exact weighting used for calculations isn't published, I think.

Care homes should continue to keep precautions in place, as just relying on vaccines is careless, whilst infection levels are high.

The expectation is that increased vaccination levels will lower hospital admissions and infection levels. Until then there will be widespread restrictions via Tiers etc

The thing is even the people that have been vaccinated now they have only had one dose and have to wait at least another 2 weeks if they 1 of the 1st then another 2 weeks until they are considered Protected so we are looking at the end of January.

The 1st phase if the roll out happens in the time frame they are hoping Is about the most vulnerable being protected and the roll out of that isn't expected to finish until about June but they Won't be protected until the end of July so I think measures will be in place in some form or another until the end of next year.

Hopefully though we can open more and more and keep them open.

"I worry more about the young people who will go undiagnosed with various illnesses that could ultimately end their life's. The death rate really isn't that bad when you compare it to flu, it's around double. The economic impact will kill more anyway, if you want to stay in for the next ten years then nobody should stop you but for those of us who want to live our lives should be allowed to do so. "

I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from but on average about 10000 people year in the UK die flu.

Over 50000 people have died of kovid in the UK in 10 months so it's not comparable.

"I worry more about the young people who will go undiagnosed with various illnesses that could ultimately end their life's. The death rate really isn't that bad when you compare it to flu, it's around double. The economic impact will kill more anyway, if you want to stay in for the next ten years then nobody should stop you but for those of us who want to live our lives should be allowed to do so.

I'm not sure where you are getting your figures from but on average about 10000 people year in the UK die flu.

Over 50000 people have died of kovid in the UK in 10 months so it's not comparable."

You can find in .gov documents and other sources. This is currently with a flu vaccine available to most people. You can also look at mortality rates and 'micromorts' very interesting

"I worry more about the young people who will go undiagnosed with various illnesses that could ultimately end their life's. The death rate really isn't that bad when you compare it to flu, it's around double. The economic impact will kill more anyway, if you want to stay in for the next ten years then nobody should stop you but for those of us who want to live our lives should be allowed to do so.

Over 50000 people have died of kovid in the UK in 10 months so it's not comparable.

You can find in .gov documents and other sources. This is currently with a flu vaccine available to most people. You can also look at mortality rates and 'micromorts' very interesting "

But that still doesn't make any sense because you said the the deaths from covid is only double that of flu and it's not even close.

There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding about the covid vaccine. People seem to think that one they have had the 2 doses then they can discard their mask and carry on as normal. The current vaccine doesn't prevent you catching or spreading covid what it does is protect you from the severity of the virus as your body will fight it thus taking the strain off the NHS. Everyone is too afraid to discuss it incase they are labeled an anti vaxer but the government needs to explain things better too. My neighbour is part of one of the research teams working on vaccines and I had a very interesting conversation with him about the whole subject.

Bolton

"Since the average age of people dying is above 80, once the elderly have been vaccinated the death toll will come right down to the levels of flu and we can then ignore it."

Actually the average age of people dying this year is 82.4 years old. Last year it was 81.6 so how does that equate?

Bolton

What would you suggest?

I suggest giving the disease the respect it warrants and not simply go "well the old are treated or dead so back to a free for all". The vaccination program needs to be completed and they situation carefully monitored until it is considered safe to do away with restrictions. This will be a phased approach over time. Ignoring Covid after only a small percentage of the population have the vaccine is irresponsible and reckless. "

I never suggested not giving it the respect. You decided I'd thought that.

It depends what small percentage you consider small really? Would 20 million be small as it's only 33% of the population. By the speed they are delivering the vaccine, it'll take 4 years to use the doses they've got. Doesn't matter if you have 4/5 other vaccines, they can only be injected at a rate and currently that's 138,000 in 10 days and that's not accounting for everyone's second injection 3 weeks later.

Obviously suggestion of a million a week but you need the staff to do that amount and to do that, you can only inject half a million on the first 3 weeks do that you have a rolling programme of 1 million after 3 weeks and that, even at that phenomenonal rate would take us well into 2022 to vaccinate everyone but hold on, you might need it every 3 months so now that looks closer to 2026 and a continuing rolling programme.

I'm not claiming to have a suggestion but feasible ones, step up please

» Add a new message to this topic