By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm in a bubble of one so its no worries mate

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yea I am in bubble of one too still got work and do shopping but that it

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

Personal I don't see the point in relaxing the rules for 5 days and then going into a longer lockdown after, why not just wait say til Easter when then more people will have had the vaccine and be more free to meet plus it will be warmer weather.

There gonna be a queue for the jab for it all key workers then older people etc

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I dislike the mess of tier rules abandonment, which makes a mockery of them.

Other countries have done well to have tight controls at Christmas and New Year.

It's irresponsible to do this at times when problems are increased and winter keeps everyone indoors, making it perfect to infect others. Everyone without symptoms will feel sure they are healthy

chesterfield

"There gonna be a queue for the jab for it all key workers then older people etc "

I'm a key worker but I only work in a supermarket so I don't think I'm a important one

chesterfield

"I dislike the mess of tier rules abandonment, which makes a mockery of them.

Other countries have done well to have tight controls at Christmas and New Year.

It's irresponsible to do this at times when problems are increased and winter keeps everyone indoors, making it perfect to infect others. Everyone without symptoms will feel sure they are healthy "

I agree with you that's why I said wait to Easter and have a late Christmas party then lighter nights weather getting a bit warmer

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There gonna be a queue for the jab for it all key workers then older people etc

I'm a key worker but I only work in a supermarket so I don't think I'm a important one "

You're very important. No shops, no food.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've been in tier 3 for 45 minutes. Nothing will change for us because we've been pretty much living by tied 3 restrictions anyway. It does seem really daft to us that on Wednesday we can relax the rules for five days if we want to. The hospitals round here are struggling and some hospitals just across the county border in Kent are sending patients out of the area and cancelling non urgent surgery. It doesn't make sense to me to allow three households to mix indoors with the inevitable rise in infections that will occur

Some areas are having all non essential shops closed fully i think Wales or Northern Ireland is one not sure

By *oddy44Man  over a year ago

Dundalk

Stay the fuck at home Jesus

chesterfield

"There gonna be a queue for the jab for it all key workers then older people etc

I'm a key worker but I only work in a supermarket so I don't think I'm a important one

You're very important. No shops, no food."

Thank you

chesterfield

You're very important. No shops, no food."

But I don't think I will get the vaccine soon

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Regardless of which area you work, if you're considered a key worker I want to say thank you. From nurses, doctors, police to our supermarket staff. You've all done amazing in the most stressful and uncertain times. You all deserve a medal.

I personally think relaxing rules over Christmas isn't ideal. I think most people know the risk and will be careful but lockdowns and tiers are wearing thin now. People need to remember that this virus doesn't give up and it doesn't become slack either. The virus won't relax for the 5 days... beware, risk assess and protect yourself and your family. Sfay sage everyone x x

Thank you "

Respect to all key workers and the supermarket workers

chesterfield

"Regardless of which area you work, if you're considered a key worker I want to say thank you. From nurses, doctors, police to our supermarket staff. You've all done amazing in the most stressful and uncertain times. You all deserve a medal.

I personally think relaxing rules over Christmas isn't ideal. I think most people know the risk and will be careful but lockdowns and tiers are wearing thin now. People need to remember that this virus doesn't give up and it doesn't become slack either. The virus won't relax for the 5 days... beware, risk assess and protect yourself and your family. Sfay sage everyone x x "

Thank you for saying that

chesterfield

Thank you

Respect to all key workers and the supermarket workers "

Thank you

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

No worries. Stay Safe x

chesterfield

"No worries. Stay Safe x "

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

In tier 2 here and very much looking forward to going to see family for Christmas.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

No wonder this country is in The mess it is

The tier system is a total mess. I can give you 2 examples, of this, both involve family members,

1)last weekend my grandson went to York with 6 mates to celebrate a friends, birthday

We are, in tier 3 and York is in tier 2. At no point did anyone question their actions. On arrival in York they approached some local police on duty

They explained they were from a n East tier 3 area. The police said they have no intention of stopping anyone as York needs the business from anywhere to stop it going bust. So under this guidance the lads went out partying in pubsaround York. So much for the substantial meal guidance which was, certainly not in effect that night.

2had relatives last night travel over 150 miles from a, tier3 to tier 2 area near London to meet other relatives for a final night's drinking before they too head into tier3. Again no substantial meal policy was applied.

Yet according to government guidelines

If you live in a, tier 3 you should not be leaving your area unless absolutely

necessary

These are just 2 instances I know of

You really can't blame people doing it if it's the rules that are so pathetically wishy washy. How many more instances are they out there being flouted. These tier systems are a joke being made by a joke government.if you make stupid rules how, can they expect anyone to act sensibly. I believe that if we are to get out of this mess a more strict lockdown is needed here.then everyone would know exactly where they stand in all this

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No wonder this country is in The mess it is

The tier system is a total mess. I can give you 2 examples, of this, both involve family members,

1)last weekend my grandson went to York with 6 mates to celebrate a friends, birthday

We are, in tier 3 and York is in tier 2. At no point did anyone question their actions. On arrival in York they approached some local police on duty

They explained they were from a n East tier 3 area. The police said they have no intention of stopping anyone as York needs the business from anywhere to stop it going bust. So under this guidance the lads went out partying in pubsaround York. So much for the substantial meal guidance which was, certainly not in effect that night.

2had relatives last night travel over 150 miles from a, tier3 to tier 2 area near London to meet other relatives for a final night's drinking before they too head into tier3. Again no substantial meal policy was applied.

necessary

You really can't blame people doing it if it's the rules that are so pathetically wishy washy. How many more instances are they out there being flouted. These tier systems are a joke being made by a joke government.if you make stupid rules how, can they expect anyone to act sensibly. I believe that if we are to get out of this mess a more strict lockdown is needed here.then everyone would know exactly where they stand in all this "

I agree that the rules are stupid but I disagree that we can't expect anyone to act sensibly because of that. We're all capable of making our own decisions about how many people to meet, where and when. I agree though that a lot of people are just giving up trying because the rules aren't consistent

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"No wonder this country is in The mess it is

necessary

You really can't blame people doing it if it's the rules that are so pathetically wishy washy. How many more instances are they out there being flouted. These tier systems are a joke being made by a joke government.if you make stupid rules how, can they expect anyone to act sensibly. I believe that if we are to get out of this mess a more strict lockdown is needed here.then everyone would know exactly where they stand in all this "

In all honesty have a word perhaps with them, hiding behind 'its all a bit wishy washy' is a cop out..

The rules are simple enough but if people as you've described can't be arsed taking any notice then it stands that they would possibly ignore whatever rules were set..

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Pissed off.

Bunch of useless cunts.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Just want this shit show over, this years truly sucked so the sooner everyone behaves and the vaccine is fully rolled out and we get back to some normality the better

Theres not really that much of a change we've never had rules where we can go out with 6 people to restaurants etc. Been in scottish tier 3 which seems for ages now basically everything shuts at 6pm, no booze and we can't travel outwith our area. We go into tier 4 - lock down boxing day. Kinda seen a january lock down happening. So not really that shocked. It is never ending now though

I'm good with it OP. I think NI needs to close their boarders asap.

It's not that it'll stop it because it's most likely spread around the country before it was detected but seeing as our hospitals are 100+ capacity and patients being treated in the ambulances and some queuing for 8 hrs at a couple hospitals we need to slow it down with whatever measures need to be adopted.

"Theres not really that much of a change we've never had rules where we can go out with 6 people to restaurants etc. Been in scottish tier 3 which seems for ages now basically everything shuts at 6pm, no booze and we can't travel outwith our area. We go into tier 4 - lock down boxing day. Kinda seen a january lock down happening. So not really that shocked. It is never ending now though "

Sadly though you and I and many others seem to be in the minority with adherence to the rules and choosing to minimise our movements even if we could under those rules.

"Theres not really that much of a change we've never had rules where we can go out with 6 people to restaurants etc. Been in scottish tier 3 which seems for ages now basically everything shuts at 6pm, no booze and we can't travel outwith our area. We go into tier 4 - lock down boxing day. Kinda seen a january lock down happening. So not really that shocked. It is never ending now though "

Dont think they know what there doing

» Add a new message to this topic