FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Front line worker here

Front line worker here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oddy44 OP   Man  over a year ago

Dundalk

Totally At my witches end stay the fuck at home i am trying to safe others to see their love one this Christmas and its so fucking hard id love nothing more to be on the scene but put on a halt for awhile pls

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Probably not going to have family gathering as a result of current numbers.

Some of us are sensible

Appreciate your efforts

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

life is shite. there is no other way of putting it. u live to enjoy but there is very little enjoyment in current living. facing back into another lockdown potentially in January.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Op possibly a few drinks before you wrote your piece

Maybe a hard week for you and you're not alone.

It will end eventually and all we can do is take care and try and stay safe

Everyone appreciates all the frontline workers going the extra mile for us

If you're head is wrecked please talk to someone to help ease your worries

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Totally At my witches end stay the fuck at home i am trying to safe others to see their love one this Christmas and its so fucking hard id love nothing more to be on the scene but put on a halt for awhile pls"

If I can find my broom I'll go out flying tonight

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unfortunately op people aren't going to start playing it safe now. Like a lot of people I've followed the rules and im fed up looking at people out partying etc but all I can do is mind myself and my own.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Do typos really bother people more than the that theme of the thread ?

Anyway, another front line worker here dealing with the cv19 patients. Sadly no matter what the advice people will break the rules, I've had a few minor infringements myself. We try hard, do our best some are better/worse than others. Lockdown again before new years and so it will continue till the vaccine is fully rolled out.

We can all shout, give out and get angry but in the end, look after yourself its all you can do.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sorry to hear you are struggling op. It's been a very tough year and especially for the people working directly with c19 patients. I have a few friends that do and I know how hard it is on them and I have listened to them tell me how bad it can be while they are crying their eyes out at how hopeless they feel at times and how overwhelming it can be. Sometimes you just have to just let it out you can't keep it bottled up that will do you more harm than good.

Everyone is fed up of lockdown and we are facing another even stricter one this time by the looks of it just after Christmas up here. I don't know how much difference it will make as the people who have constantly flouted the last few will continue to do so.

All anyone can do is be responsible for their own actions. I haven't been anywhere or had a meal out etc since last February and it's really pissing me off at this stage. I miss seeing friends and family but as some are vinerable and I work with vinerable as well I will continue to do what I can to keep them safe and stay within the tiny bubble I have and am very grateful to have.

Tipperary

"People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us "
and the vaccine supposedly stops people ending up in hospital but doesnt stop it been spread so what happens there....

By *ocktailsdreamsMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'm staying on my own.

Christmas/birthday

"People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us and the vaccine supposedly stops people ending up in hospital but doesnt stop it been spread so what happens there...."

What happens there is people dont end up in hospital and dont end up..ya know...dead.

So it no longer becomes as big a public health concern.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us and the vaccine supposedly stops people ending up in hospital but doesnt stop it been spread so what happens there...."

300 European scientists are demanding a new European wide approach. As we have open borders in the EU we keep on spreading the virus by travelling. Rather than each country hopping from lockdown to lockdown, the idea is to bring the figures down really low European wide (obviously through a final lockdown) and keep them there through rigorous tracking. Kinda what Australia and other Asian countries are doing.

I'm telling those scientists right now it only works if there's rigorously controlled quarantining in place for people coming from outside the EU.

Tipperary

life will go back to normal hopefully in a few months. the vaccine stops u ending up in ICU but you can still spread it like the normal flu. what's terrible at the moment in society is all the finger pointing and the blame game. people are just trying to get on with life.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us and the vaccine supposedly stops people ending up in hospital but doesnt stop it been spread so what happens there....

What happens there is people dont end up in hospital and dont end up..ya know...dead.

"

Ya I'm not sure if it's that simple. Sillywrapper has a point there. The vaccine isn't a wonder bazooka.

"People have heard about the vaccine and have let their guard down.. Unfortunate thing is it could be July by time we all get it and in the interim period we still have to be careful so another half year of shite awaits us and the vaccine supposedly stops people ending up in hospital but doesnt stop it been spread so what happens there....

Ya I'm not sure if it's that simple. Sillywrapper has a point there. The vaccine isn't a wonder bazooka. "

Nope didn't say it was...

I was simply addressing his question of what happens if the vaccine stops hospitalisations but not the spread.

I dont think anyone thinks covid just disappears but it will become something we can reasonably live with that won't push health services beyond breaking point worldwide

Dry your eyes

"Dry your eyes "

Come see my eyes.

"Dry your eyes

Come see my eyes. "

is that an invite?

"Do typos really bother people more than the that theme of the thread ?

Anyway, another front line worker here dealing with the cv19 patients. Sadly no matter what the advice people will break the rules, I've had a few minor infringements myself. We try hard, do our best some are better/worse than others. Lockdown again before new years and so it will continue till the vaccine is fully rolled out.

We can all shout, give out and get angry but in the end, look after yourself its all you can do. "

It’s so hard In our job it’s like everyone is watching us afraid to do anything and I see other in the job they don’t care

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

it arrived at this door and to all the gobshits that dont care have some cop on. my teen lost weight and still not eating right, pale as a ghost.. THINK !!!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"It’s so hard In our job it’s like everyone is watching us afraid to do anything and I see other in the job they don’t care "

I don't know what you do but if you're helping the public in any job ...thanks

Tipperary

Ya I'm not sure if it's that simple. Sillywrapper has a point there. The vaccine isn't a wonder bazooka.

Nope didn't say it was...

I was simply addressing his question of what happens if the vaccine stops hospitalisations but not the spread.

I dont think anyone thinks covid just disappears but it will become something we can reasonably live with that won't push health services beyond breaking point worldwide "

it will become like a common flu.

Tipperary

"it arrived at this door and to all the gobshits that dont care have some cop on. my teen lost weight and still not eating right, pale as a ghost.. THINK !!! "
what u have to remember is everyone Is not the same. I know vulnerable and young people who got it and didn't even have as much as a sniffle so there has to be different strains of it.

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

"it arrived at this door and to all the gobshits that dont care have some cop on. my teen lost weight and still not eating right, pale as a ghost.. THINK !!! what u have to remember is everyone Is not the same. I know vulnerable and young people who got it and didn't even have as much as a sniffle so there has to be different strains of it. "

Ach I know was just saying what happened here. happy xmas.

By *ifestooshort9999Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Totally At my witches end stay the fuck at home i am trying to safe others to see their love one this Christmas and its so fucking hard id love nothing more to be on the scene but put on a halt for awhile pls"

Did this approach work for you?

» Add a new message to this topic