FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > New press conference coming..

New press conference coming..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

This afternoon.... it’s the pm and the big boffins

Let the speculation about lockdown post Christmas commence...

They wouldn’t do Iate and at the weekend unless there is something spectacular coming

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

It's just Boris sharing his Christmas list. He thinks he's been a jolly good old boy this year

Newcastle and Gateshead

I would not be surprised if you are looking at a full January lockdown like in Northern Ireland to be honest.... the new Covid strains has freaked out the scientists

Newcastle and Gateshead

Press conference confirmed for 4pm

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I expect it will be classic Boris, invoking Churchill, we'll fight them on the beaches, stay at home, don't stay at home, etc etc.

"Press conference confirmed for 4pm"

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I would not be surprised if you are looking at a full January lockdown like in Northern Ireland to be honest.... the new Covid strains has freaked out the scientists "

Think its nailed on

Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Is the Government tormenting us to death so we all top ourselves. They have no backbone anyone in their right mind knows that this was botched up from the start. No one is listening to the rules because they make them up as they go along. You cant go for a meal or a drink but you can cram into the shops and streets to spread and spread. Makes no sense. Might as well tell us all to do what we want because we will anyway and sod everyone else. We all know what we have to do so let's do it. Changing rules every 5 minutes is stressful. Ive been on my own since March and stayed safe. I have family I havnt seen in months but I do it because im a responsible adult. Anything Boris says now is wasted. Do it. Dnt do it. You can oh no you can't. Meet oh err no dnt meet. Open shops oh close shops. Its like a yoyo. He has no clue. He handled it all wrong to start and now whatever they do is not going to help. God bless the NHS for their tenasity in caring for the sick. Putting themselves in danger. But while the mindless idiots who dnt give a damn will carry on meeting up he might as we save his breath.

Aaaaaaaaaah that feels better. Do apologise had a little moment

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Is the Government tormenting us to death so we all top ourselves. They have no backbone anyone in their right mind knows that this was botched up from the start. No one is listening to the rules because they make them up as they go along. You cant go for a meal or a drink but you can cram into the shops and streets to spread and spread. Makes no sense. Might as well tell us all to do what we want because we will anyway and sod everyone else. We all know what we have to do so let's do it. Changing rules every 5 minutes is stressful. Ive been on my own since March and stayed safe. I have family I havnt seen in months but I do it because im a responsible adult. Anything Boris says now is wasted. Do it. Dnt do it. You can oh no you can't. Meet oh err no dnt meet. Open shops oh close shops. Its like a yoyo. He has no clue. He handled it all wrong to start and now whatever they do is not going to help. God bless the NHS for their tenasity in caring for the sick. Putting themselves in danger. But while the mindless idiots who dnt give a damn will carry on meeting up he might as we save his breath.

"

Been in the same position and I fully agree with you..lol the government and bojo basically lost whatever good faith when he decided Dominic cummings was more important than the public health message ....

How can you tell people we have a top tier when the only things shutting are bars and restaurants...

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Been in the same position and I fully agree with you..lol the government and bojo basically lost whatever good faith when he decided Dominic cummings was more important than the public health message ....

How can you tell people we have a top tier when the only things shutting are bars and restaurants...

"

Apparently tier 4 will include shops.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

God bless the NHS for their tenasity in caring for the sick. Putting themselves in danger. But while the mindless idiots who dnt give a damn will carry on meeting up he might as we save his breath.

Hmmmm? It's their job. They didn't put themselves in danger. There are dangerous things in hospitals other than the virus.

They get paid for caring for the sick just as I get paid for delivering goods to places that are deemed essential. They chose their profession as I chose mine.

I'm not knocking them at all but places like the NHS, nurses, doctors etc wouldn't be able to do their job if people like me couldn't do our jobs. Yes at some point in the future, I may need the NHS for a variety of reasons but they definitely need me or my colleagues/associates every day.

Personally, I wouldn't do their job irrespective of the current situation as many friends would testify and some of the NHS wouldn't do my job. We're all essential not just the front line.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

was sposed to be at aunts xmas day for dinner but now in tier three so cant go asher mother in law is there and her daughter.my mum is 100 odd miles away. daughter has my ex and her inlaws so no joy there either so xmas day on me own fry up for dinner and a bottle of jack daniels and not bothering to get dressed

"I would not be surprised if you are looking at a full January lockdown like in Northern Ireland to be honest.... the new Covid strains has freaked out the scientists "

I agree

"God bless the NHS for their tenasity in caring for the sick. Putting themselves in danger. But while the mindless idiots who dnt give a damn will carry on meeting up he might as we save his breath.

Hmmmm? It's their job. They didn't put themselves in danger. There are dangerous things in hospitals other than the virus.

They get paid for caring for the sick just as I get paid for delivering goods to places that are deemed essential. They chose their profession as I chose mine.

I'm not knocking them at all but places like the NHS, nurses, doctors etc wouldn't be able to do their job if people like me couldn't do our jobs. Yes at some point in the future, I may need the NHS for a variety of reasons but they definitely need me or my colleagues/associates every day.

Personally, I wouldn't do their job irrespective of the current situation as many friends would testify and some of the NHS wouldn't do my job. We're all essential not just the front line.

Your pic says a lot about you. They put themselves in danger. What a ridiculous statement. Any intelligent person knows what I mean. Lets hope you think the same if you need them. "

You can disagree with him without insulting him and his profile picture has absolutely nothing to do with him having an opinion so probably best to keep anything personal out of it.

By *az080378Woman  over a year ago

Cromer

What i don't get,is if the announce a full lockdown for after Christmas.....

By then its already too late surely.

I know people don't want a full lockdown I know people want to be with all their family at Christmas but at what cost?

"God bless the NHS for their tenasity in caring for the sick. Putting themselves in danger. But while the mindless idiots who dnt give a damn will carry on meeting up he might as we save his breath.

Your pic says a lot about you. They put themselves in danger. What a ridiculous statement. Any intelligent person knows what I mean. Lets hope you think the same if you need them.

You can disagree with him without insulting him and his profile picture has absolutely nothing to do with him having an opinion so probably best to keep anything personal out of it.

So sorry maybe I should have just said a dick. Fair enough. No more insults "

He has a different opinion to you why does that make him a dick?

"What i don't get,is if the announce a full lockdown for after Christmas.....

I know people don't want a full lockdown I know people want to be with all their family at Christmas but at what cost? "

I agree with this they would have just been better to say that we shouldn't mix households over Christmas.

Yes it would have been upsetting for many but all this you can but you probably shouldn't is even more confusing.

Your pic says a lot about you. They put themselves in danger. What a ridiculous statement. Any intelligent person knows what I mean. Lets hope you think the same if you need them.

So sorry maybe I should have just said a dick. Fair enough. No more insults

He has a different opinion to you why does that make him a dick?"

My opinion so its my choice. Sorry if you dnt agree. Freedom of speech so I said it

My opinion so its my choice. Sorry if you dnt agree. Freedom of speech so I said it"

Freedom of speech is one thing insulting someone is something totally different.

My opinion so its my choice. Sorry if you dnt agree. Freedom of speech so I said it

Freedom of speech is one thing insulting someone is something totally different."

Yes I know my bad.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know people don't want a full lockdown I know people want to be with all their family at Christmas but at what cost? "

The joke in my family was that because I live in Newcastle it was me putting them in danger living in the south..... now their Covid infection rate is higher than mine.....

We decided Xmas in July ages ago... I’m compromised... my niece is compromised and my sister works in the NHS....

I want to still see the legally binding contract Covid signed saying it was taking Christmas off....

Cromer

[Removed by poster at 19/12/20 13:55:15]

Cromer

I know people don't want a full lockdown I know people want to be with all their family at Christmas but at what cost?

The joke in my family was that because I live in Newcastle it was me putting them in danger living in the south..... now their Covid infection rate is higher than mine.....

We decided Xmas in July ages ago... I’m compromised... my niece is compromised and my sister works in the NHS....

I want to still see the legally binding contract Covid signed saying it was taking Christmas off...."

Christmas would be so much safer in July,you could have it outside,more vaccinations would have been done,I think the government were just happy to let Christmas happen as it creates so much spending!

liverpool

They have been told that relaxing the rules will be dangerous however it will.also be unpopular to keep us locked down over chrimbo.

They have tried to stir a middle ground but this rise on the south has blindsided them.

Cromer

They have been told that relaxing the rules will be dangerous however it will.also be unpopular to keep us locked down over chrimbo.

They have tried to stir a middle ground but this rise on the south has blindsided them."

Lots of things are unpopular, but necessary....

liverpool

They have tried to stir a middle ground but this rise on the south has blindsided them.

Lots of things are unpopular, but necessary...."

Agreed.

The papers have been making a big thing of this 'saving Christmas 'thing for months

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 19/12/20 14:17:10]

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well if the latest rumour is true.. people in London and south east England are not going to be happy....

Rumour is a “tier 4” immediately..... shutting all non essential shops... and a “stay at home” order for Xmas... legally enforceable

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Well if the latest rumour is true.. people in London and south east England are not going to be happy....

Rumour is a “tier 4” immediately..... shutting all non essential shops... and a “stay at home” order for Xmas... legally enforceable "

Situations changed, so we need to do change what we are doing. Can't be critical of that. I'd be more critical if we sat back and watched it get worse. Be sensible people, stay safe... And keep your gran and auntie safe too.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Well if the latest rumour is true.. people in London and south east England are not going to be happy....

Rumour is a “tier 4” immediately..... shutting all non essential shops... and a “stay at home” order for Xmas... legally enforceable "

Would be better to do like Spain perhaps and stop movement between counties, try to slow the spread, guess this wouldn’t go down well over Christmas but surely it’s for the best, kind of think the open all hours for 5 days over Christmas was a crazy idea.

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

I will be fuming if they tell me I am forced to stay at home at Christmas....

liverpool

Rumour is a “tier 4” immediately..... shutting all non essential shops... and a “stay at home” order for Xmas... legally enforceable

Situations changed, so we need to do change what we are doing. Can't be critical of that. I'd be more critical if we sat back and watched it get worse. Be sensible people, stay safe... And keep your gran and auntie safe too. "

I’m damn critical of that

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

For anyone interested on how they can make it legally enforceable... the law states that the Xmas bubble in England is for tiers 1-3.... so creating tier 4 gets round that

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Situations changed, so we need to do change what we are doing. Can't be critical of that. I'd be more critical if we sat back and watched it get worse. Be sensible people, stay safe... And keep your gran and auntie safe too.

I’m damn critical of that "

So why do areas in the north who now have much lower infectionsl rates and the rates are continuing to fall have their Xmas taken away because the south is now fucked up????

I can't remember London going into a tier 4 lockdown shutting everything down just because the virus was running rampant through the north west and north east previously!

If that happens most people I know in the North East will feel massively aggrieved!

KJ

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

For anyone interested on how they can make it legally enforceable... the law states that the Xmas bubble in England is for tiers 1-3.... so creating tier 4 gets round that"

As long as the Tier 4 is issued only in the areas that warrant it then fair enough!

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

So why do areas in the north who now have much lower infectionsl rates and the rates are continuing to fall have their Xmas taken away because the south is now fucked up????

I can't remember London going into a tier 4 lockdown shutting everything down just because the virus was running rampant through the north west and north east previously!

If that happens most people I know in the North East will feel massively aggrieved!

KJ "

Tier 4 for London and the South East.

The whole thing is an absolute shit show

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

An idea that scares me, is what if we just simply can't stop it?

What if regardless of how we lock down and what we do it is just not possible to stop it.

What if it's spreading in away we haven't considered or realised.

liverpool

"An idea that scares me, is what if we just simply can't stop it?

What if regardless of how we lock down and what we do it is just not possible to stop it.

"

And why hasn't it affected other countries?

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

And why hasn't it affected other countries?"

I don't know, and people's fears especially my own aren't always rational.

I'm just saying that's something that scares me, it doesn't necessarily mean that it makes perfect sense.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

They should just lockdown for Xmas instead of causing confusion and giving the morons an excuse to play the rules.

Its just a few days but the risk to your families is far too great.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am sure it has so grow up

liverpool

And why hasn't it affected other countries?

I don't know, and people's fears especially my own aren't always rational.

I'm just saying that's something that scares me, it doesn't necessarily mean that it makes perfect sense."

I know what you mean

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 19/12/20 14:50:32]

Covid doesn’t scare me, how much people are scared about the whole situation scares me much more...

liverpool

And why hasn't it affected other countries?I am sure it has so grow up"

What are you on about?

It was a simple question

And I don't really see the point of a press conference when they leak what's going to be said anyway.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Sounds like another abuse of power coming up.....

Tin town

I’m damn critical of that "

In what way critical? Critical that we try to get control of the rampant spread of the infection? Or critical of something else.?

In what way critical? Critical that we try to get control of the rampant spread of the infection? Or critical of something else.? "

Critical of clueless people trying to control our freedom

Tin town

"The whole thing is an absolute shit show "

It is.. Do you have any suggestions of how to improve it?

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Apparently tier 4 will include shops."

Supermarkets as well I hope unless they operate track and trace .

Tin town

I'd guess that not all variants of the virus (or any virus for that matter) are the same in all countries.? I'm no virologist but I know there can be many variants.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

So no new yrs eve parties then? K

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Supermarkets as well I hope unless they operate track and trace . "

And how are people supposed to buy food?

"The whole thing is an absolute shit show

It is.. Do you have any suggestions of how to improve it? "

Yes. Accept that we have to live with it and stop destroying this county, the economy and people’s mental health!!

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

In what way critical? Critical that we try to get control of the rampant spread of the infection? Or critical of something else.?

Critical of clueless people trying to control our freedom "

Oh grow up, no one is trying to control your freedom get over yourself.

It's about the government trying ( even if it is a bit chaotic) to control the spread of a virus that is heading towards killing nearly 70,000 people in this country alone in less than a year.

If you can't see that this requires extraordinary measures and yes will result is a lot of the freedoms we take for granted then you are definitely part of the problem and exactly the reason why we need to be restricted.

Christ do you actually think that anyone wants this?

Seriously what do you think anyone has to gain by cripplingly the countries finances even more?

It's bigger than just you not being able to go to the pub.

Read the information, hospital's are currently running at 90% capacity what do you think is going to happen when that reaches 100%?

I bet you will be one of the first ones complaining that the government didn't do enough!!

We all have to suck it up, give our heads a wobble and be patient.

Tin town

Yes. Accept that we have to live with it and stop destroying this county, the economy and people’s mental health!! "

OK so just to be clear.you're suggesting we let the infections run unchecked.?

Yes. Accept that we have to live with it and stop destroying this county, the economy and people’s mental health!! "

How many peoples deaths are an acceptable number while we are all busy just "living with it"? Unlimited? Or is there actually a point where it gets bad enough for you to accept there is actually a problem? And as for mental health, perhaps you'd like a conversation with a medic friend of mine who is currently dealing with PTSD from the number of bodies they have had to deal with?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Hearing t4 for London and no Xmas - fuck you covid. Have to get an urgent taxi to get presents in correct places before tonight

The saddest part is the fear that this government has instilled in people

Yes. Accept that we have to live with it and stop destroying this county, the economy and people’s mental health!!

How many peoples deaths are an acceptable number while we are all busy just "living with it"? Unlimited? Or is there actually a point where it gets bad enough for you to accept there is actually a problem? And as for mental health, perhaps you'd like a conversation with a medic friend of mine who is currently dealing with PTSD from the number of bodies they have had to deal with?"

Perhaps you would like a conversation with two of my friends who have attempted suicide after having their businesses destroyed by covid? Touché...

"The saddest part is the fear that this government has instilled in people

"

No, the saddest part of this is that despite worldwide coverage of how serious this situation is, there are still people that can't see further than the end of their nose and think about the bigger picture.

It's about the government trying ( even if it is a bit chaotic) to control the spread of a virus that is heading towards killing nearly 70,000 people in this country alone in less than a year.

If you can't see that this requires extraordinary measures and yes will result is a lot of the freedoms we take for granted then you are definitely part of the problem and exactly the reason why we need to be restricted.

Seriously what do you think anyone has to gain by cripplingly the countries finances even more?

Read the information, hospital's are currently running at 90% capacity what do you think is going to happen when that reaches 100%?

I bet you will be one of the first ones complaining that the government didn't do enough!!

"

I’m fully grown thanks

How many peoples deaths are an acceptable number while we are all busy just "living with it"? Unlimited? Or is there actually a point where it gets bad enough for you to accept there is actually a problem? And as for mental health, perhaps you'd like a conversation with a medic friend of mine who is currently dealing with PTSD from the number of bodies they have had to deal with?

Perhaps you would like a conversation with two of my friends who have attempted suicide after having their businesses destroyed by covid? Touché..."

Absolutely I would, I can refer them to a number of support services and financial assistance schemes to help people cope with situations just like the one they find themselves in.

Perhaps you would like a conversation with two of my friends who have attempted suicide after having their businesses destroyed by covid? Touché..."

Perhaps you would like a conversation with my friend who lost his dad to COVID

No, the saddest part of this is that despite worldwide coverage of how serious this situation is, there are still people that can't see further than the end of their nose and think about the bigger picture."

I forgot to mention the sadness of not being allowed to disagree with people!

Perhaps you would like a conversation with two of my friends who have attempted suicide after having their businesses destroyed by covid? Touché...

Perhaps you would like a conversation with my friend who lost his dad to COVID "

No thanks

NW London

"

All these lockdowns do nothing to cease the eroding of trust in politicians, government and its advisors.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes that's what I'm hearing Fabio, I think they should never have lifted the restrictions, for Christmas, in the first place, we will all pay after Christmas.

liverpool

All these lockdowns do nothing to cease the eroding of trust in politicians, government and its advisors."

Yep as we had total faith in them before

All these lockdowns do nothing to cease the eroding of trust in politicians, government and its advisors."

Neither does failing to act. I certainly don't want a government of any colour that when faced with a crisis shrugs it's shoulders and goes "oh well". At least they are trying something.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Just knock mixing with other households on the head for Christmas and be done with it.

Just been to the farm shop and got me a banging selection of cheeses and meats. Damned if I want to share them anyway.

"Just knock mixing with other households on the head for Christmas and be done with it.

Just been to the farm shop and got me a banging selection of cheeses and meats. Damned if I want to share them anyway. "

Ooh, I bet they will be lovely

It won’t be the delivery drivers eyes you are looking up at for help as you gasp for air suffocating slowly over a 4-6wk period as the 02 is progressively raised to keep you alive or when your blood becomes so thick that you have a huge seizure, heart attack or stroke...... The staff working in the NHS on COVID wards are next level brave...... He isn’t and he fully deserved to be called out ... End of!

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

What a fucking mess.

There will be a lot of civil unrest if he changes his mind bow about this 5 day thing.

Ffs *sighs*

Perhaps you would like a conversation with my friend who lost his dad to COVID

No thanks "

Likewise with your ‘friends ‘ who you claim attempted suicide

NW London

All these lockdowns do nothing to cease the eroding of trust in politicians, government and its advisors.

Neither does failing to act. I certainly don't want a government of any colour that when faced with a crisis shrugs it's shoulders and goes "oh well". At least they are trying something."

Yes but the stuff they are trying is not effective and never would be as they have been targeting the wrong sources.

The hospitality industry has been made a scapegoat and decimated as a result.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

"

We should be scared, if we don’t start to get a grip of this virus very quickly the impact on the economy and deaths to date could be minor in comparison with what is to come.

By *ack Genuine BullMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Thank god we are not at war with anybody at the moment...... our great leaders couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Tin town

"

Yes agree that fear does terrible things to people. But I'm not convinced the bulk of the blame lies with the govt. I think on many occasions if you look at the govt briefing and then the stories that are brokered through social media, main stream media in many cases its the media and social media that are pushing and exacerbating the fear.

couple, us we him her.

Yep as we had total faith in them before "

The only faith I am losing is the faith in the normal person being reasonable enough to follow instructions to save people's lives.

Admittedly the vast majority are being sensible and doing as asked but it's the loutish minority who just can't seem to understand why or understand but just don't give a shit, who are actually making a bad situation even worse.

I'm not saying them and only them are the reason for the continued spread, there's lots of reasons .

But people constantly complaining and intentionally going out of their way to not do as asked is just acting like a bunch of spoilt children.

I get it, I'm as sick and tired of covid as anyone and the restrictions.

I lost my mother in October and three days later myself and my wife and sister came down with covid.

I missed my mother's funeral and nearly lost my life to this infernal virus and am still suffering from long covid two months on.

So I get why restrictions are needed.

We have to just get on with it.

Nottingham

"Thank god we are not at war with anybody at the moment...... our great leaders couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. "

"Our great leaders" dont spread this virus.

The idiots who ignore the advice do.

chelmsford

"Thank god we are not at war with anybody at the moment...... our great leaders couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

The idiots who ignore the advice do."

Yes!

couple, us we him her.

"Thank god we are not at war with anybody at the moment...... our great leaders couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. "

Ok seriously

Your PM.

So how exactly do you deal with the virus.

So let's roll back the clock 12 months ago

News about virus just starting to break. No-one knows jack shit about it.

So Go over to you...

Tin town

Yes that's what I'm hearing Fabio, I think they should never have lifted the restrictions, for Christmas, in the first place, we will all pay after Christmas."

I do agree the Xmas plan was bollocks from the start. But given that it is yet to start, it can't be blamed for the explosion in cases in the last week. Ths virus is transferred by people being close to eachother. Nobody is forcing people close to eachother. That's all on us.

Nottingham

The only faith I am losing is the faith in the normal person being reasonable enough to follow instructions to save people's lives.

Admittedly the vast majority are being sensible and doing as asked but it's the loutish minority who just can't seem to understand why or understand but just don't give a shit, who are actually making a bad situation even worse.

I'm not saying them and only them are the reason for the continued spread, there's lots of reasons .

But people constantly complaining and intentionally going out of their way to not do as asked is just acting like a bunch of spoilt children.

I lost my mother in October and three days later myself and my wife and sister came down with covid.

I missed my mother's funeral and nearly lost my life to this infernal virus and am still suffering from long covid two months on.

We have to just get on with it."

I'm sorry for your loss.x

chelmsford

Yes that's what I'm hearing Fabio, I think they should never have lifted the restrictions, for Christmas, in the first place, we will all pay after Christmas.

I do agree the Xmas plan was bollocks from the start. But given that it is yet to start, it can't be blamed for the explosion in cases in the last week. Ths virus is transferred by people being close to eachother. Nobody is forcing people close to eachother. That's all on us. "

Quite right and Christmas will make it a whole lot worse.

liverpool

I'm sorry for your loss.x"

"Thank god we are not at war with anybody at the moment...... our great leaders couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

The idiots who ignore the advice do."

Ok seriously

Your PM.

So how exactly do you deal with the virus.

So let's roll back the clock 12 months ago

News about virus just starting to break. No-one knows jack shit about it.

So Go over to you..."

Tin town

We have to just get on with it."

What a shit year for you guys, glad to hear you're recovering though.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Even if we were ar war, it would never be the government giving the commands.

They would do exactly as they are now, consulting with their advisors and sending us to do as advised.

At least in a war people tend to do as they are told.

couple, us we him her.

I'm sorry for your loss.x"

Thank you for your kind words.

Honestly I was just trying to point out that it's very real and whilst most people are lucky enough to get it and not be unwell it's not something we should underestimate.

Long covid is proving this people may have had minor symptoms but a lot of people are really struggling some actually worse off now than when they had the virus.

The true fallout from this is yet to become apparent and is likely to be around for many years.

So regardless of our political beliefs we just have to do as much as we can to prevent the spread even more.

We can beat this thing but we ALL have to be on board and stay strong and together.

United we can do it.

Tin town

I'm sorry for your loss.x

Thank you for your kind words.

Honestly I was just trying to point out that it's very real and whilst most people are lucky enough to get it and not be unwell it's not something we should underestimate.

Long covid is proving this people may have had minor symptoms but a lot of people are really struggling some actually worse off now than when they had the virus.

The true fallout from this is yet to become apparent and is likely to be around for many years.

So regardless of our political beliefs we just have to do as much as we can to prevent the spread even more.

We can beat this thing but we ALL have to be on board and stay strong and together.

United we can do it."

Well said

And the rest of us would be sitting around whining about not being able to go to the gym, or go out for dinner

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"It won’t be the delivery drivers eyes you are looking up at for help as you gasp for air suffocating slowly over a 4-6wk period as the 02 is progressively raised to keep you alive or when your blood becomes so thick that you have a huge seizure, heart attack or stroke...... The staff working in the NHS on COVID wards are next level brave...... He isn’t and he fully deserved to be called out ... End of! "

I don't think I've ever enjoyed blocking such a pair of obviously pig-ignorant fucktards more....

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone except this pair of pillocks

"It won’t be the delivery drivers eyes you are looking up at for help as you gasp for air suffocating slowly over a 4-6wk period as the 02 is progressively raised to keep you alive or when your blood becomes so thick that you have a huge seizure, heart attack or stroke...... The staff working in the NHS on COVID wards are next level brave...... He isn’t and he fully deserved to be called out ... End of!

I don't think I've ever enjoyed blocking such a pair of obviously pig-ignorant fucktards more....

Oh, and Merry Christmas to everyone except this pair of pillocks "

Easy tiger

Whatever our opinions I really wouldn’t want to be in Boris’s position right now

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

We should be scared, if we don’t start to get a grip of this virus very quickly the impact on the economy and deaths to date could be minor in comparison with what is to come."

Exactly this.

People are forgetting, it's not just UK.

"Whatever our opinions I really wouldn’t want to be in Boris’s position right now "

I wouldnt either

Whatever anyone says about him, he is responsible for the health of 68 million people

The decisions he makes now will change history

Im fucked if I'd want his job

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Whatever our opinions I really wouldn’t want to be in Boris’s position right now "

No. We were just saying this

Newcastle and Gateshead

Okay... tier 4..... all above....no travel in out

mixing limited to Xmas day only in tiers 1 2 and 3

That made my decision for me....

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Sure some of Fabs greatest minds can do the job though.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Comes in from 00:01 Sunday morning........

chelmsford

Non essential retail in London to close from Sunday...

Good .... Saved us a job!

It’s people like you that are dragging this lockdown out!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Whatever our opinions I really wouldn’t want to be in Boris’s position right now

I wouldnt either

Whatever anyone says about him, he is responsible for the health of 68 million people

Im fucked if I'd want his job"

Only in England. Scotland, Wales and NI having news conferences later.

"Good .... Saved us a job!

It’s people like you that are dragging this lockdown out! "

People like who?

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Non essential retail in London to close from Sunday..."

No foreign travel for people in tier 4 except for work

Northampton Somewhere

Only just turned on the press conference. I have no idea what has been decided. Could someone please summarise?

chelmsford

It’s people like you that are dragging this lockdown out! "

What me?

"Only just turned on the press conference. I have no idea what has been decided. Could someone please summarise?"

Go out, don't go out, but only if you're in 3 bubbles or in tier 8,hope that helps

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Only just turned on the press conference. I have no idea what has been decided. Could someone please summarise?"

Christmas for one day only not five. No overnight stays. No one to travel into tier 4. Tier 4 all non essential businesses must close.

Laura Kuenssberg is a smart arse, can't stand that woman

couple, us we him her.

What me?

Albino Gorilla bloke ....basically a flat earthing nobody "

That's helpful

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Whatever our opinions I really wouldn’t want to be in Boris’s position right now

I wouldnt either

Only in England. Scotland, Wales and NI having news conferences later. "

Wales are going into 3 week lockdown from the 27th

Northern Ireland are going into 6 week lockdown as of Boxing Day

Scotland..... sturgeon is having her press conference at 5.30

chelmsford

Christmas tier 4-no mixing of households

Tiers 1-3-Christmas day only no sleep overs...

Northampton Somewhere

"Laura Kuenssberg is a smart arse, can't stand that woman"

She's grated on me since I first saw her!

Thanks for the summary btw ~ very helpful

chelmsford

What me?

Albino Gorilla bloke ....basically a flat earthing nobody "

Oh...

If you live in what is now a tier 4 area as of tonight all non essential shops must close, The bubble system over Christmas has been scraped, You must not Travel abroad except if its essential, You should avoid travelling into or out of a tier 4 area unless it is for work or to return home. Bubbles are still allowed into 4 areas for those that are vulnerable or live alone Add all nonessential businesses such as gyms and leisure facilities as well as Beauty salons and hairdressers must close.

Northampton Somewhere

"Only just turned on the press conference. I have no idea what has been decided. Could someone please summarise?

Tiers 1-3-Christmas day only no sleep overs..."

Oh cripes, that means I've got to tell my daughter she can't see her bf on Christmas eve. She's going to hate me

chelmsford

"Only just turned on the press conference. I have no idea what has been decided. Could someone please summarise?

Tiers 1-3-Christmas day only no sleep overs...

Oh cripes, that means I've got to tell my daughter she can't see her bf on Christmas eve. She's going to hate me "

Christmas for one day only not five. No overnight stays. No one to travel into tier 4. Tier 4 all non essential businesses must close. "

That is an entirely true you can still travel in-and-out of tier 4 for work and medical treatment.

liverpool

I wouldnt either

Im fucked if I'd want his job"

No hyperbole there

I wouldnt either

No hyperbole there

"

Lionel, what in the fuck is a fucking hyperbole

I wouldnt either

No hyperbole there

Lionel, what in the fuck is a fucking hyperbole"

Does it live on riverbanks ant eat Insects?

liverpool

I wouldnt either

No hyperbole there

Lionel, what in the fuck is a fucking hyperbole"

We are constantly told we are all responsible for keeping ourselves safe..which is true.

"

Nor me

By *ntelligent Gent.Man  over a year ago

Nor me "

I wouldnt mind a go. I reckon a lot of us could do better. Harsh but a hell a lot of people feel they could.

Newcastle and Gateshead

I wouldnt either

Only in England. Scotland, Wales and NI having news conferences later.

Wales are going into 3 week lockdown from the 27th

Northern Ireland are going into 6 week lockdown as of Boxing Day

Scotland..... sturgeon is having her press conference at 5.30

"

Wales have now brought there lockdown forward....they will basically have the same rules as England tier 4 starting from 00:01

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Waiting nervously now to hear what Nicola has to say.

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

As Boris said ... This is guided by science.

It's not his choice, it's not for political win - it's to save lives.

This has been some year, and if this lockdown means the spread can be slowed and lives saved, then it has to be.

What I hate is the opposition parties trying to score points. They would have been guided by the exact same scientists and had to do the same balancing act of saving lives and keeping people employed, and businesses open.

Full lockdown until March.

liverpool

"As Boris said ... This is guided by science.

This has been some year, and if this lockdown means the spread can be slowed and lives saved, then it has to be.

What I hate is the opposition parties trying to score points. They would have been guided by the exact same scientists and had to do the same balancing act of saving lives and keeping people employed, and businesses open."

Who is scoring points?

Nor me

I wouldnt mind a go. I reckon a lot of us could do better. Harsh but a hell a lot of people feel they could."

Ok !!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Waiting nervously now to hear what Nicola has to say."

I think she has been the best leader speaking on the subject and been the most frank... I think she is going to drop the hammer

liverpool

"Full lockdown until March. "

No chance

A month at the most and when the most vulnerable have had the jab we we start to come out of it.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Full lockdown until March.

No chance

A month at the most and when the most vulnerable have had the jab we we start to come out of it."

Comrade please toe the party line

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Waiting nervously now to hear what Nicola has to say.

I think she has been the best leader speaking on the subject and been the most frank... I think she is going to drop the hammer "

3 week lockdown starting Boxing Day.... travel ban outside Scotland... Xmas bubble on Xmas day only

Glasgow

I think she has been the best leader speaking on the subject and been the most frank... I think she is going to drop the hammer

3 week lockdown starting Boxing Day.... travel ban outside Scotland... Xmas bubble on Xmas day only"

Unless you are a carer which works in my favour as my mum broke her hip Oct. She is coming to me Xmas Eve and i will take her home Boxing Day afternoon.

3 week lockdown starting Boxing Day.... travel ban outside Scotland... Xmas bubble on Xmas day only

Unless you are a carer which works in my favour as my mum broke her hip Oct. She is coming to me Xmas Eve and i will take her home Boxing Day afternoon."

Yes support bubbles are unaffected same as they are in England.

What I hate is the opposition parties trying to score points. They would have been guided by the exact same scientists and had to do the same balancing act of saving lives and keeping people employed, and businesses open."

Kier whining that he would have closed London down on Wednesday. If Boris had closed it on Wednesday, Kier would have slagged him off for killing Christmas.

I'm no fan of Boris but in all this he can't win. I do believe he's trying to walk the very thin line and keep both sides happy. (Close it down/ open it up.)

Bolton

You can disagree with him without insulting him and his profile picture has absolutely nothing to do with him having an opinion so probably best to keep anything personal out of it."

How have I insulted anyone?

How have I insulted anyone? "

It wasn't a reply to you.

Bolton

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Supermarkets as well I hope unless they operate track and trace . "

Ah, so starve the people instead. There's an idea.

We know how good the track and trace is

Bolton

How have I insulted anyone?

It wasn't a reply to you."

Ah fair enough but it includes my thread

What I hate is the opposition parties trying to score points. They would have been guided by the exact same scientists and had to do the same balancing act of saving lives and keeping people employed, and businesses open.

Kier whining that he would have closed London down on Wednesday. If Boris had closed it on Wednesday, Kier would have slagged him off for killing Christmas.

I'm no fan of Boris but in all this he can't win. I do believe he's trying to walk the very thin line and keep both sides happy. (Close it down/ open it up.)"

And he has managed to make both ‘sides’ unhappy

liverpool

"Nooooooooo.

No more please

Enough is Enough

Supermarkets as well I hope unless they operate track and trace .

Ah, so starve the people instead. There's an idea.

We know how good the track and trace is "

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

Let's not forget the media. People are now terrified of something that has a 98.7% survival rate.

Let's not forget the media. People are now terrified of something that has a 98.7% survival rate. "

And another one that seems to think"not dead" = "absolutely fine"

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

what can any of us do about it?

Glasgow

Let's not forget the media. People are now terrified of something that has a 98.7% survival rate. "

I have never been scared of covid and worked throughout. Many of my colleagues have had the virus and are now as right as rain. Obviously this virus is deadly and killed many but many more have survived. I refuse to live my life wrapped up in cotton wool so just plod on as normal. It is a pain about the sex stuff and holidays being cancelled but i will refuse to live my life in fear.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Let's not forget the media. People are now terrified of something that has a 98.7% survival rate.

And another one that seems to think"not dead" = "absolutely fine" "

Did you see the thirtyodd year d female Dr onthe news? Fit, cyclist, jogger etc.

Been off work for months, having ramps installed at her home & can’t walk more than 200mtrs without being exhausted. Zero medical issues beforehand.

Hey but she’s a survivor & one of the 98.7% so all is fine & dandy

S

couple, us we him her.

And another one that seems to think"not dead" = "absolutely fine"

Did you see the thirtyodd year d female Dr onthe news? Fit, cyclist, jogger etc.

Been off work for months, having ramps installed at her home & can’t walk more than 200mtrs without being exhausted. Zero medical issues beforehand.

Hey but she’s a survivor & one of the 98.7% so all is fine & dandy

S"

My wife got it same time as me.

She never gets sick,like never, very healthy and active.

She was no way as bad as me when she had it but after her cough hung around for ages and she has recently been diagnosed with long covid and really struggling with fatigue and post viral fatigue.

So like I said earlier don't underestimate the damage to the body even someone who has had it mild still may have long term issues.

A recent article in the RCN news letter said about long covid and stated that it's a total body virus so please don't think it's just a heavy cold.

It's far more than that.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

We had till the 28th till lockdown but now we are locking down from midnight tonight ..

"

Yes, I think an awful lot of you want this. I think for a hell of a lot of people it plays into one of three neuroses.

1: Those who have a paranoid disposition and a tendency towards submission to authoritarianism. The "Sub for Boris" group.

2: Those who view this whole thing as another fashion accessory, like their XR pin, their Prius, or their BLM pic for the 'gram. It's a massive opportunity to virtue signal how much better they are than others by their worshipful compliance to the Covid god's.

3: Those who has no life to begin with and everyone else living as pitifully as they did before all this makes them feel an awful lot better about themselves.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yes, I think an awful lot of you want this. I think for a hell of a lot of people it plays into one of three neuroses.

1: Those who have a paranoid disposition and a tendency towards submission to authoritarianism. The "Sub for Boris" group.

2: Those who view this whole thing as another fashion accessory, like their XR pin, their Prius, or their BLM pic for the 'gram. It's a massive opportunity to virtue signal how much better they are than others by their worshipful compliance to the Covid god's.

3: Those who has no life to begin with and everyone else living as pitifully as they did before all this makes them feel an awful lot better about themselves."

Tbh, bitterness with grossly wrong assumptions doesn't produce anything positive when you post as such..

It's shit, this situation on many levels and the vast majority are just trying to get through it with all the ups and downs etc..

Whatever we all think we really are all in this together and how we deal with it and how we get through it will have a knock on..

Stay positive because this will pass..

3: Those who has no life to begin with and everyone else living as pitifully as they did before all this makes them feel an awful lot better about themselves.

Tbh, bitterness with grossly wrong assumptions doesn't produce anything positive when you post as such..

It's shit, this situation on many levels and the vast majority are just trying to get through it with all the ups and downs etc..

Whatever we all think we really are all in this together and how we deal with it and how we get through it will have a knock on..

Stay positive because this will pass.."

By comparison to others I have little to be bitter about personally. I'm comfortable in a leafy place with a job that's absolutely secure, potentially only becoming more secure the more fucked this whole thing becomes.

But that doesn't mean I'm not acutely aware that a lot of people in similarly comfortable positions are having an absolute wankathon over this shit because it doesn't affect them, gives them some very sad semblance of meaning in their lives at the expense of the working class as vast degrees of wealth are simply extracted into the billionaire class. Have you seen Amazon's profits recently? Tesco's? There are victims to all of this, and it's FAR beyond those 70,000.

in Lancashire

Stay positive because this will pass..

By comparison to others I have little to be bitter about personally. I'm comfortable in a leafy place with a job that's absolutely secure, potentially only becoming more secure the more fucked this whole thing becomes.

But that doesn't mean I'm not acutely aware that a lot of people in similarly comfortable positions are having an absolute wankathon over this shit because it doesn't affect them, gives them some very sad semblance of meaning in their lives at the expense of the working class as vast degrees of wealth are simply extracted into the billionaire class. Have you seen Amazon's profits recently? Tesco's? There are victims to all of this, and it's FAR beyond those 70,000. "

It's been ever thus and I share the frustration and agree..

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Covid doesn’t scare me, how much people are scared about the whole situation scares me much more..."

How some people deny it, claim it's made up, don't change how they behave for a few months and then moan when restrictions are put in place scare me more.

Exactly that

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

My opinion so its my choice. Sorry if you dnt agree. Freedom of speech so I said it"

Freedom of speech is not without consequence.

E

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Freedom of speech is not without consequence.

E"

I’ve just caught up with this & an an ex blood runner, van driver & HGV driver will say just one thing.

Prior to CV19 how many Drs & Nurses do you think died annually from something they caught at work?

How many transport drivers do you think die each year? Even just the ones moving goods for the care industry be it collections from factories in Europe, cargo handlers in docks to delivering to people’s homes, care homes or hospitals?

My monies on more in the latter group. The frontline isn’t the only line, stop the communication & transport & there is no front line......

Our Bloodrunners here in Wales this year have lost one & another lost a leg.

They are all volunteers who do not count as NHS or frontline?

S

couple, us we him her.

I never realised this was all just a competition and one upmanship as to who's dyeing more and what job is the riskiest, which industry has been hardest hit financially and so on...

It's a fucking virus that's killing people, making others very ill.

And fucking up everything everywhere we all just need to stop all this finger pointing and bravado, accusations and incrimination.

Focus on one thing, working together all of us weather we like it or not and just concentrate on eliminating this thing.

It's not going to be easy no one said it would.

Whilst I keep seeing all these posts claiming a 97% survival rate it doesn't help anyone or anything posting that.

As the longer it goes on, the more strained the system becomes the lower the survival rate.

We have to get on and do what we have to do.

Everyone is affected by this in one way or another some more some not so much.

How about we start showing some compassion for the dead and dying,those who are sick.

People struggling with other sickness requiring treatment, people who are suffering from mental health issues, and people financially hit.

But more importantly let's focus on helping everyone by just doing what is asked stop complaining,stop making excuses.

We will eventually be able to hold out heads high and future generations will look back with pride and fondness and gratitude that when the time came we stood up and became accountable for our actions made the right choices and sacrifices to help eradicate what could if left unattended become the next Spanish flu.

"This afternoon.... it’s the pm and the big boffins

Let the speculation about lockdown post Christmas commence...

They wouldn’t do Iate and at the weekend unless there is something spectacular coming "

Stopped watching them last summer . Cant stand the sound of Johnsons voice or the site of the big fat scruffy babbling buffoon. These press conferences should be done without Johnson and co and left to the scientists. They would have far more impact . People just see Johnson as a clown now , zero respect from the majority of the uk population now . He has lost control of this

Tin town

"I never realised this was all just a competition and one upmanship as to who's dyeing more and what job is the riskiest, which industry has been hardest hit financially and so on...

And fucking up everything everywhere we all just need to stop all this finger pointing and bravado, accusations and incrimination.

Focus on one thing, working together all of us weather we like it or not and just concentrate on eliminating this thing.

Whilst I keep seeing all these posts claiming a 97% survival rate it doesn't help anyone or anything posting that.

As the longer it goes on, the more strained the system becomes the lower the survival rate.

How about we start showing some compassion for the dead and dying,those who are sick.

People struggling with other sickness requiring treatment, people who are suffering from mental health issues, and people financially hit.

But more importantly let's focus on helping everyone by just doing what is asked stop complaining,stop making excuses.

We will eventually be able to hold out heads high and future generations will look back with pride and fondness and gratitude that when the time came we stood up and became accountable for our actions made the right choices and sacrifices to help eradicate what could if left unattended become the next Spanish flu."

You make such good points. I often wonder (not suggesting you) but often wonder if alongside the politicians and talking heads, every day, every hour they humanised the message, have some like yourself who can talk of the consequences, have some who have caught it and it was mild and recovered, have some who have taken precautions and not caught it, some who are suffering emotionally and so on... Some reality, because pretty much universally at the moment, save for some reason for Andy Burnham and nicola Sturgeon, all politicians are abhorred.

Make the story more human, oser to home, realistic.... And it will resonate more with people and they may be more inclined to alter their behaviours. Fuck me... Make a celebrity get me out of here type show with real people... The covid show..... This is with us for another 2 years yet so we have to do something different.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I never realised this was all just a competition and one upmanship as to who's dyeing more and what job is the riskiest, which industry has been hardest hit financially and so on...

We will eventually be able to hold out heads high and future generations will look back with pride and fondness and gratitude that when the time came we stood up and became accountable for our actions made the right choices and sacrifices to help eradicate what could if left unattended become the next Spanish flu.

You make such good points. I often wonder (not suggesting you) but often wonder if alongside the politicians and talking heads, every day, every hour they humanised the message, have some like yourself who can talk of the consequences, have some who have caught it and it was mild and recovered, have some who have taken precautions and not caught it, some who are suffering emotionally and so on... Some reality, because pretty much universally at the moment, save for some reason for Andy Burnham and nicola Sturgeon, all politicians are abhorred.

Make the story more human, oser to home, realistic.... And it will resonate more with people and they may be more inclined to alter their behaviours. Fuck me... Make a celebrity get me out of here type show with real people... The covid show..... This is with us for another 2 years yet so we have to do something different. "

It is when they make the story closer to home people realise that practically everyone they know who has had it, and that is very few, survived easily and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Tin town

Make the story more human, oser to home, realistic.... And it will resonate more with people and they may be more inclined to alter their behaviours. Fuck me... Make a celebrity get me out of here type show with real people... The covid show..... This is with us for another 2 years yet so we have to do something different.

It is when they make the story closer to home people realise that practically everyone they know who has had it, and that is very few, survived easily and wonder what all the fuss was about."

Large assumption there fella. And I don't believe it is true either. I can only speak of my own experiences. March to Oct... Nobody I knew had it. October 14 people had it. Students. Most fine. 2 hospitalised. In the last 4 weeks. I know 3 deaths and something like 30 who have had it. Most so far recovered thankfully. But some have been very poorly and still ill. I accept its different for everyone. But my world changed this last month.

Another press conference tonight apparently

in Lancashire

"Another press conference tonight apparently "

All in tier four and no mixing at all between households is my guess..

Full lockdown from boxing day is my guess

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

What do you think public reaction to either of the above will be?