FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > londoners leave london

londoners leave london

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iguy for fun OP   Man  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

yup i know it's not fabswinger members favourite publication but...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9071155/Huge-queues-train-stations-desperate-Londoners-flee-capital-ahead-Tier-4.html

congrats all you've just done is the viruses job for it!!!

whilst none of us want to be in tier 4 or future tier 5 or 6 it's time to bunker down people

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

Fantastic work... Take the virus to areas where it's currently not.

There really are a lot of stupid people about at present and the belief they have that it's everyone else who transmits it and not them.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I said to my partner this afternoon as soon as it was announced that this would happen.

"Fantastic work... Take the virus to areas where it's currently not.

There really are a lot of stupid people about at present and the belief they have that it's everyone else who transmits it and not them."

Exactly and there was someone earlier on another thread that said no one is sticking to the rules.

The example he gave was that he was on a packed bus and none of the windows were open and no one cared.

I tried to point out that maybe he could have opened the windows or left the bus but like you say it's everyone else isn't.

There really are a lot of stupid people about at present and the belief they have that it's everyone else who transmits it and not them."

Not only taking the virus but potentially the new strain of it too

By *urora1912Woman  over a year ago

Norfolk East anglia

Great they will be coming to norfolk to their holiday homes

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Some likely heading for Durham

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Some likely heading for Durham "

Oh Londoners

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Tier 4 in kent, told shouldnt travel out of kent to another,. But dover an Folkstone are allowing truck land here. Which then allowed to move all around the Uk for days. Why is that allowed, makes no sense.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Well done Boris and co for causing the first evacuation of London since 1939

"Some likely heading for Durham

"

You took the words right out of my mouth. Maybe take in an excursion to Barnard Castle too!!

"Tier 4 in kent, told shouldnt travel out of kent to another,. But dover an Folkstone are allowing truck land here. Which then allowed to move all around the Uk for days. Why is that allowed, makes no sense. "

It's a little bit different because we need the deliveries it is essential and to leave a tier 4 area for essential reasons like work, Medical treatment or in an emergency is completely and understandably allowed

"Well done Boris and co for causing the first evacuation of London since 1939"

He hasn't caused it people could have just stayed put.

And now I’m glad I live somewhere that people don’t particularly want to come to!!!! Whoop whoop!

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Would dropping a nuke on it wipe out the virus.

Just asking for a friend (in the military)

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Perhaps people are done with this. 10 months. 10 months to get their shit together. Don’t know who’s dumber. The Government or the lockdown worshiping people. I now know how Hitler prospered.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Some likely heading for Durham

"

we, are building a new wall up here A 50 ft ice wall. We don't want them.

They were keen to have a go at us when they were in tier 2 and we ended up in 3

Stay away xx.

We don't want them

By *idsguy4funMan  over a year ago

Lingfield

Typical Londoners, completely selfish!

NW London

"Well done Boris and co for causing the first evacuation of London since 1939

He hasn't caused it people could have just stayed put."

What did the muppets think was gonna happen? All they've accomplished is creating a mass bundle in the shops and on public transport.

I do think people should have been more sensible and delayed their transport plans for a day or so though, it's not as if it's enforceable.

NW London

"Perhaps people are done with this. 10 months. 10 months to get their shit together. Don’t know who’s dumber. The Government or the lockdown worshiping people. I now know how Hitler prospered. "

British people are too passive and servile. We grumble and moan about injustices but never take to the streets like even the French do.

What did the muppets think was gonna happen? All they've accomplished is creating a mass bundle in the shops and on public transport.

I do think people should have been more sensible and delayed their transport plans for a day or so though, it's not as if it's enforceable. "

No they should be sensible and not have any travel plans now.

NW London

I do think people should have been more sensible and delayed their transport plans for a day or so though, it's not as if it's enforceable.

No they should be sensible and not have any travel plans now."

It's better for people to make their own minds up and use their best judgement instead of being infantized by the Nanny State fuelled by dodgy data.

It's better for people to make their own minds up and use their best judgement instead of being infantized by the Nanny State fuelled by dodgy data."

Well I think you find the article above is exactly why people can't be trusted.

It's kind of proven the point hasn't it!

I’ve just left London fuck that tier 4 shit

It's an awful time of year for this to happen and if you believe it or not, we have got rules and people should follow them, Boris (love him or hate him) hasn't done this as a two fingers up to everyone, he has the awful task of trying to keep us safe but instead selfish people have just thrown their toys out their prams yet again and going to places they are not allowed, it is awful, not a nice situation to be in at all but have some common sense, these people traveling now will be the same people the reason why we are still having to have tiers etc.

Danish x

NW London

It's better for people to make their own minds up and use their best judgement instead of being infantized by the Nanny State fuelled by dodgy data.

It's kind of proven the point hasn't it!"

No, it goes to show that all these new restrictions cause is panic amongst people which makes the situation worse.

The whole Christmas Bubble thing has been bungled and overcomplicated from the start.

No, it goes to show that all these new restrictions cause is panic amongst people which makes the situation worse.

The whole Christmas Bubble thing has been bungled and overcomplicated from the start."

And where have all these people going?

Almost certainly to stay in households with other people.

Lingfield

Well done you, I hope your not complaining when we are locked down longer and paying the price of your selfish actions!

NW London

The whole Christmas Bubble thing has been bungled and overcomplicated from the start.

And where have all these people going?

Almost certainly to stay in households with other people. "

As they were allowed to do this afternoon and as they had already prepared and planned to do.

I do agree that where possible plans should be adapted and gatherings reduced in size, but everyone has their own circumstances and situations. I do think though that it's a bit late in the day to be moving the goalposts.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It’s been 10 stupid months. All the money and I mean all the money spent should have went on protecting vulnerable people. I just looks like they tried to kill off the elder population slowly while making the rich richer, divided the poor and the races within that poor.

Lingfield

Agreed! Boris and the government are doing their best in an impossible situation but the very people that are complaining about him and his colleagues decisions are the very people that are now leaving London and spreading the virus!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It's better for people to make their own minds up and use their best judgement instead of being infantized by the Nanny State fuelled by dodgy data."

You do realise the public consistently demonstrate our inability to make good judgements! People make all kinds of dumb ass decisions like smoking, drug taking, drink driving, r ape and murder!

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Headlines tonight on my local paper's E-Edition - Hull Trains out of Kings Cross heading to Doncaster and Hull were packed today!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

The whole Christmas Bubble thing has been bungled and overcomplicated from the start."

I cannot disagree with this

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

I know several people from London who have already escaped down here to Cornwall.

We have ONE hospital and very elderly population. Every year our hospital ends up in black alert. But its the I'm alright Jack mentality sadly.

teleford

"It’s been 10 stupid months. All the money and I mean all the money spent should have went on protecting vulnerable people. I just looks like they tried to kill off the elder population slowly while making the rich richer, divided the poor and the races within that poor. "

How would this have been achieved? Round up all those over 65, all those overweight and all those with respiratory issues and isolate them on an island?

teleford

"

I cannot disagree with this"

And yet what was the alternative? Announce 3 weeks ago the cancellation of Christmas?

This is the exact reason we had a second lockdown and the tiers didn't work the first time... hence the increased restrictions areas and levels when we came out the second time.

They will just do another national lockdown.

Not hard... clowns on here...

Leeds

"

And yet what was the alternative? Announce 3 weeks ago the cancellation of Christmas?"

Let everyone meet with one other household ?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Tier 4 in kent, told shouldnt travel out of kent to another,. But dover an Folkstone are allowing truck land here. Which then allowed to move all around the Uk for days. Why is that allowed, makes no sense. "

Because we need what's on them? X

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

And yet what was the alternative? Announce 3 weeks ago the cancellation of Christmas?"

was it last Wednesday that Boris Johnson said that cancelling Christmas at this late stage would be inhumane when Keir Starmer asked him to consider it ?

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

There really are a lot of stupid people about at present and the belief they have that it's everyone else who transmits it and not them.

Exactly and there was someone earlier on another thread that said no one is sticking to the rules.

The example he gave was that he was on a packed bus and none of the windows were open and no one cared.

I tried to point out that maybe he could have opened the windows or left the bus but like you say it's everyone else isn't."

Sorry but if I am on a bus those windows are open whether the dipsticks like it or not. As for the train companies with windows secured shut...

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

Just follow the rules and guidelines and hopefully we will be able to get back to something like normal. You may not agree and that’s your privilege but don’t whinge and whine if by not doing so extends the restrictions.

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

Boris didn't cause this evacuation - people chose to.

Leeds

"

was it last Wednesday that Boris Johnson said that cancelling Christmas at this late stage would be inhumane when Keir Starmer asked him to consider it ?

"

Yes he did

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Boris didn't cause this evacuation - people chose to."

I said the other day people are so "well it's my RIGHT to do what I want, you can't tell me what to do, you're not my mum" mentality that even if the army got drafted in, they'd be stood in the street shouting at the soliders they're gonna sue them personally for taking away their civil liberties

"It’s been 10 stupid months. All the money and I mean all the money spent should have went on protecting vulnerable people. I just looks like they tried to kill off the elder population slowly while making the rich richer, divided the poor and the races within that poor.

How would this have been achieved? Round up all those over 65, all those overweight and all those with respiratory issues and isolate them on an island? "

Or seeing as the three groups above make up at least 50% of the population everyone could just stick to the rules.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"It's an awful time of year for this to happen and if you believe it or not, we have got rules and people should follow them, Boris (love him or hate him) hasn't done this as a two fingers up to everyone, he has the awful task of trying to keep us safe but instead selfish people have just thrown their toys out their prams yet again and going to places they are not allowed, it is awful, not a nice situation to be in at all but have some common sense, these people traveling now will be the same people the reason why we are still having to have tiers etc.

Danish x"

Well said - you are absolutely spot on

By *rego69Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Collective brains of our Government and whole country are being outwitted by something that can’t think can’t talk can’t even move without our help.

And we just let it use us.

Cunts, just cunts

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Apparently there were no seats left on any trains leaving the main train stations after 7pm tonight from London.

Apparently announcements were made on the trains, to state that they are too busy for social distancing to be observed and to please leave the train if uncomfortable with that.

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

Real Londoners live in the suburbs, we moved out years ago, the people who live in London now are mainly minorities or people who came to London form other parts of the UK after Uni to carve out careers and seek their fortunes, they are escaping to their families wherever that may be,,,,,,

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Oi let me me a make a few things clear here

As a Londoner who has been fucked over by Boris fucking it up. Yes I live and work in the city

What the hell did the government think was going to happen with 6 hours notice to leave or be stuck here for 2 weeks. Most are probably people that live in Londoner but are not from London and therefore are returning home. Imagine stuck in a flat most would not have planned for this

Therefore anyone calling Londoners selfish is bollocks...try calling your local neighbours selfish.

People are in a state of restriction fatigue. You shutdown the country till 3 weeks before Xmas then wonder why everyone is going out and getting presents and shops are busy.

If this strain is more transmitable in schools why has Boris demanded the schools stay open. It’s like getting people to university before testing was ready in September

I know I will not be voting for the fat blonde knob in next elections

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Considering the current shitstorm and lockdown measures are predicated on a "supposed" diagnostic test that isn't fit for purpose and induces a 97% false positive rate...

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

Our forefathers mothers ants and uncles prevailed WW1 & WW2 and a flue pandemic. But yet the country and it's people stayed strong and survived.

2020 an invisible enemy returned and brought the country to it's knees. With the help from self appointed experts and idiots.

Those that have made gains from other peoples loss and hardship, Should be held accountable.

Maybe they should have put London into tier 3 straight from the end of the last lockdown. Putting them into tier 2 appears to have come back to bite them.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Our forefathers mothers ants and uncles prevailed WW1 & WW2 and a flue pandemic. But yet the country and it's people stayed strong and survived.

2020 an invisible enemy returned and brought the country to it's knees. With the help from self appointed experts and idiots.

Those that have made gains from other peoples loss and hardship, Should be held accountable."

I can tell you now, the country was on it's knees after both world wars too. A very difficult time for the nation and the people. We look back with rose tinted specs at such things.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Our forefathers mothers ants and uncles prevailed WW1 & WW2 and a flue pandemic. But yet the country and it's people stayed strong and survived.

Those that have made gains from other peoples loss and hardship, Should be held accountable.

I can tell you now, the country was on it's knees after both world wars too. A very difficult time for the nation and the people. We look back with rose tinted specs at such things. "

People like having myths they can cling too.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can tell you now, the country was on it's knees after both world wars too. A very difficult time for the nation and the people. We look back with rose tinted specs at such things. "

Yep. I think the propoganda of the time still influences opinion. I am seeing parallels in the current situation

liverpool

"

The medical advisors told them this had to be done and they ignored them again.

They haven't just found out about this today.

A journalist was on the radio before said she knew about this early last week.

Been handled appallingly again.

North West

I can tell you now, the country was on it's knees after both world wars too. A very difficult time for the nation and the people. We look back with rose tinted specs at such things.

Yep. I think the propoganda of the time still influences opinion. I am seeing parallels in the current situation "

Totally agree, although how anyone can look at images from there eras plus read even a little bit about it, and still think it was all pomp and circumstance, then they're clearly deluded.

WW1 was swiftly followed by a global depression of epic proportions and after WW2, rationing of goods continued until the mid 50s and housing shortages were dire after both wars. Such jolliness!

liverpool

Yep. I think the propoganda of the time still influences opinion. I am seeing parallels in the current situation

Totally agree, although how anyone can look at images from there eras plus read even a little bit about it, and still think it was all pomp and circumstance, then they're clearly deluded.

WW1 was swiftly followed by a global depression of epic proportions and after WW2, rationing of goods continued until the mid 50s and housing shortages were dire after both wars. Such jolliness!"

There was real fears of revolution post ww1 aswell.

They were terrified of it.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Typical Londoners, completely selfish! "

Most will not be Londoners though, they'll be people who've been working in London rushing home for Christmas.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

And yet what was the alternative? Announce 3 weeks ago the cancellation of Christmas?

Been handled appallingly again."

Numbers suddenly started to rise in Hastings about 3 weeks ago. We observed that it was moving towards us from Kent. If we can do that from the comfort of our armchairs.. .

liverpool

"

Numbers suddenly started to rise in Hastings about 3 weeks ago. We observed that it was moving towards us from Kent. If we can do that from the comfort of our armchairs.. . "

It apparently started in early October.

They are making out like they only found out today

Once again they have ignored the advice and are trying to cover themselves.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

WW1 was swiftly followed by a global depression of epic proportions and after WW2, rationing of goods continued until the mid 50s and housing shortages were dire after both wars. Such jolliness!"

I think rationing ended about 2 years before I was born and WW2 debt was finally paid off in the early 2000s.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Numbers suddenly started to rise in Hastings about 3 weeks ago. We observed that it was moving towards us from Kent. If we can do that from the comfort of our armchairs.. .

"

Yep. I've been fairly laid back about the pandemic. I've stuck by the advice and done my bit. I've understood that Boris Johnson is in a difficult position but this latest debacle is one step too far for me.

Also I wish the finger pointing and blaming of other people would stop. While schools are open and children are allowed to travel between tiers to attend a virus, the new strain of which is highly transmissible among the young, will continue on its merry way through the population.

liverpool

"

Yep. I've been fairly laid back about the pandemic. I've stuck by the advice and done my bit. I've understood that Boris Johnson is in a difficult position but this latest debacle is one step too far for me.

Also I wish the finger pointing and blaming of other people would stop. While schools are open and children are allowed to travel between tiers to attend a virus, the new strain of which is highly transmissible among the young, will continue on its merry way through the population. "

Wasnt he threatening islington council The other day when they said they were going to close the schools?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Also I wish the finger pointing and blaming of other people would stop. While schools are open and children are allowed to travel between tiers to attend a virus, the new strain of which is highly transmissible among the young, will continue on its merry way through the population.

Wasnt he threatening islington council The other day when they said they were going to close the schools?"

He was and schools will remain open in our area. Pupils and staff may travel from other tiers to attend. They may then go home to their families and spend two weeks in the same house. This and other reasons are why people are angry

liverpool

"

Wasnt he threatening islington council The other day when they said they were going to close the schools?

He was and schools will remain open in our area. Pupils and staff may travel from other tiers to attend. They may then go home to their families and spend two weeks in the same house. This and other reasons are why people are angry "

Yeah they have had to back down

And yet eton had to close and not a peep was said.

liverpool

"

He was and schools will remain open in our area. Pupils and staff may travel from other tiers to attend. They may then go home to their families and spend two weeks in the same house. This and other reasons are why people are angry "

It makes even more a mockery of today

That literally makes no sense on any level.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Typical Londoners, completely selfish!

Most will not be Londoners though, they'll be people who've been working in London rushing home for Christmas."

Or some will be people visiting the city, staying in hotels but now have to leave. Unless the interview ask every member of public in a car or train leaving the city “where are you going, where are you from” you’ll never have the true picture.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

He was and schools will remain open in our area. Pupils and staff may travel from other tiers to attend. They may then go home to their families and spend two weeks in the same house. This and other reasons are why people are angry

That literally makes no sense on any level."

In my opinion it's a hastily put together plan which has served to anger people and divide us. I am also highly suspicious of Kent and Rother being put in tier 4 just as lorries start to stack up at Dover. What a convenient time to ensure people are discouraged from local and European travel.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Most will not be Londoners though, they'll be people who've been working in London rushing home for Christmas.

Or some will be people visiting the city, staying in hotels but now have to leave. Unless the interview ask every member of public in a car or train leaving the city “where are you going, where are you from” you’ll never have the true picture. "

It does conveniently play in to the "selfish other people" propogsnda though

On a mooch

Or some will be people visiting the city, staying in hotels but now have to leave. Unless the interview ask every member of public in a car or train leaving the city “where are you going, where are you from” you’ll never have the true picture.

It does conveniently play in to the "selfish other people" propogsnda though "

Of course people will read a headline and make off it what they will

liverpool

"

That literally makes no sense on any level.

In my opinion it's a hastily put together plan which has served to anger people and divide us. I am also highly suspicious of Kent and Rother being put in tier 4 just as lorries start to stack up at Dover. What a convenient time to ensure people are discouraged from local and European travel. "

Yeah surprised there hasn't been a link made with that.

Come to Leeds Londoners!

liverpool

Of course people will read a headline and make off it what they will "

You could make a last minute announcement..knowing full well people have already made plans.. then the daily mail will take pictures of them queues at train stations..and everyone can blame them.

But that would be very cynical

Its the northerners all rushing home!!

On a mooch

Of course people will read a headline and make off it what they will

You could make a last minute announcement..knowing full well people have already made plans.. then the daily mail will take pictures of them queues at train stations..and everyone can blame them.

But that would be very cynical

"

But true

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Of course people will read a headline and make off it what they will "

Sunday headlines will be interesting

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

It does make sense if you consider that there may be no virus

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

People like having myths they can cling too.

"

So true some people must have never picked up a genuine book on actual history in their lives.

They buy into the rose tinted propaganda of yesterday year, the old bulldog spirit and use it to bash the present.

The truth is the days during and after WW2 (as one example often touted) were brutal. There are many parallels between then and now for anyone willing to do a bit of rudimentary digging into the facts of the era.

KJ

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

How times have changed,it was not so long ago that people from down south was calling us northerners a bunch of selfish individuals when things where bad up north!

I am heading the opposite way,

Travelling from Liverpool to London 5am Monday morning

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Trying coming to Wales.. total lockdown

"Trying coming to Wales.. total lockdown "

It all sounds very hyperbolic the news headlines what's going on in London.

I may watch 28 Days later and think of London

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"How times have changed,it was not so long ago that people from down south was calling us northerners a bunch of selfish individuals when things where bad up north!"

People just jump on whichever bandwagon is passing tbh! All getting to much this judging/calling others! Not just here all social media! Sad times people need to not throw stones in their glass houses x

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I am heading the opposite way,

Travelling from Liverpool to London 5am Monday morning "

Tier 2 into Tier 4! Really?

By *edandLouCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Travel in to tier 4 is not allowed.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

"

Work, maybe?

"

He's also 'open to offers' while he's there, according to his profile.....

Sigh. Please try to act responsibly, this isn't a joke.

Manchester

"How times have changed,it was not so long ago that people from down south was calling us northerners a bunch of selfish individuals when things where bad up north!"

Liverpool

Work, maybe?"

Still not allowed apparently.

Manchester

Work, maybe?

"

I thought work, eg trucks was allowed?

By *ugga81Man  over a year ago

West Malling

Freight are exempt from covid rules. The UK is not self sufficient, do you want to starve?

Liverpool

Work, maybe?

I thought work, eg trucks was allowed?"

Maybe-seems the advice on Gov.uk is badly worded. Worth a look though. And as stated before he is "open to offers while in London." Unbelievable.

Manchester

Work, maybe?

Maybe-seems the advice on Gov.uk is badly worded. Worth a look though. And as stated before he is "open to offers while in London." Unbelievable."

Always gonna be badly worded from the government. "Open to offers" is beyond belief.

Grantham

If he is not travelling to his main house, then overnight stays are not allowed in Tier 4.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"It's an awful time of year for this to happen and if you believe it or not, we have got rules and people should follow them, Boris (love him or hate him) hasn't done this as a two fingers up to everyone, he has the awful task of trying to keep us safe but instead selfish people have just thrown their toys out their prams yet again and going to places they are not allowed, it is awful, not a nice situation to be in at all but have some common sense, these people traveling now will be the same people the reason why we are still having to have tiers etc.

Danish x"

Manchester

"If he is not travelling to his main house, then overnight stays are not allowed in Tier 4."

According to the Gov web site hotels are allowed to provide accommodation for workers who cannot get home

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Its quiet simple really forget about xmas this year and have a good one next year or spread the virus and possibly dont have another xmas with the ones you love and go to a memorial service instead.Your choice.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Headlines tonight on my local paper's E-Edition - Hull Trains out of Kings Cross heading to Doncaster and Hull were packed today! "

Let’s hope they all got off at At Albans or Peterborough !

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Work, maybe?

Maybe-seems the advice on Gov.uk is badly worded. Worth a look though. And as stated before he is "open to offers while in London." Unbelievable.

Always gonna be badly worded from the government. "Open to offers" is beyond belief."

Open to offers whilst he is down in London specifically until Xmas.

Surely something as blatant as this is more worthy of a ban than say posting a peer reviewed article link from a non MSM research website that admin don't approve of?

If banning him potentially stops him finding a meet whilst in London considering that could save someone elses life its got to be the only right course of action?

It's utterly unbelievable and this is why we are where we are. Tylpical 'no fucks given' attitude.

KJ

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I’ve just left London fuck that tier 4 shit "

And you’re the reason that other areas will now go into tier 4 ... well done

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

advertising meets on your profile too dear god people are so irresponsible

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Typical Londoners, completely selfish! "
Ha ha so do you know any Londoners ?

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Was only chatting about this on whats app, I'm all over the country with work and never been stopped by plod as to what I'm doing and why.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Was only chatting about this on whats app, I'm all over the country with work and never been stopped by plod as to what I'm doing and why.

You seem disappointed obviously you want to live in a police state ?

"

in the sticks

"Was only chatting about this on whats app, I'm all over the country with work and never been stopped by plod as to what I'm doing and why.

You seem disappointed obviously you want to live in a police state ?

"

how did you come up with me being disappointed

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

I don't think the police have time to stop people. They might combine it with their drink drive checks over Christmas I guess.

I'm this area it's fairly easy to drive across a tier border without being aware that you've done it

in the sticks

I don't think the police have time to stop people. They might combine it with their drink drive checks over Christmas I guess.

I'm this area it's fairly easy to drive across a tier border without being aware that you've done it"

they havent done any drink driving checks around here due to the pubs being mostly shut down.

asks the question on how can they persuade people not to move across the country?

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

But don't most Londoners with second homes leave London every Christmas?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm this area it's fairly easy to drive across a tier border without being aware that you've done it

they havent done any drink driving checks around here due to the pubs being mostly shut down.

asks the question on how can they persuade people not to move across the country? "

A lot of people had no intention of moving across the country anyway. Of those that did quite a few will accept the restrictions and I suspect that the remainder will have a blind eye turned . The tier restrictions are recommendations, I don't think the police can enforce them anyway.

North West

"

My Dad (81) was told off by a policeman in the first lockdown. He'd taken his newspaper and a packed lunch and was sat in his car, and was told if he didn't go home, he'd be fined. He just wanted to eat lunch and do the crossword with a view of the sea......

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Would dropping a nuke on it wipe out the virus.

Just asking for a friend (in the military) "

No.. we've all seen the outcome of adding radioactivity into the mix. If you irradiated the virus, it would undoubtedly bite people mutating them in "virus man" a human with all the abilities of a virus

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My Dad (81) was told off by a policeman in the first lockdown. He'd taken his newspaper and a packed lunch and was sat in his car, and was told if he didn't go home, he'd be fined. He just wanted to eat lunch and do the crossword with a view of the sea......"

They got a bit like that in first lock down didn't they. They had drones out in some places. I walked down to the beach during first lock down only to find my way blocked by police cars which I walked round. They were turfing people out of their beach huts.

Grantham

"But don't most Londoners with second homes leave London every Christmas?"

As of Midnight last night, they aren't allowed to travel out of Tier 4 to second homes.

I'm sure the people of Cornwall and Norfolk will be "having words"

with any that turn up this week. And I hope that the police get involved as well.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

Why hasn't Boris the bell end mobilised the military?

Why couldn't there have been road blocks on all the main motorways. Only allowing trade transport and essential travel?

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

He hasn't caused it people could have just stayed put."

Leeds

"

Why couldn't there have been road blocks on all the main motorways. "

Because until midnight it was legal to travel out of London

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

They should have followed Spain and not allow people to move from county to county unless its for work or medical with police enforcement doing checks on motorists. Do people not realise that they will be spreading it to their family and friends, nice Christmas present

North West

My Dad (81) was told off by a policeman in the first lockdown. He'd taken his newspaper and a packed lunch and was sat in his car, and was told if he didn't go home, he'd be fined. He just wanted to eat lunch and do the crossword with a view of the sea......

They got a bit like that in first lock down didn't they. They had drones out in some places. I walked down to the beach during first lock down only to find my way blocked by police cars which I walked round. They were turfing people out of their beach huts. "

Even if he'd got out for a walk (which he didn't, because it was raining), he was allowed his daily exercise, so we really can't understand why he was spoken to. Oh well. It's the past now and he doesn't have his car anymore (a long story involving Worcester )

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

A lot of these people travelling were not from London, they would have been working there, and they were going back home a few days early because of the announcement so they could be with their family for Christmas.

With hotels and airbnb's ordered to close, what else were they supposed to do?

I really don't know the answers, but I don't think it's all Londoners who were just looking to get to other parts of the country.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Why couldn't there have been road blocks on all the main motorways.

Because until midnight it was legal to travel out of London"

As I understand it, it is not illegal even now. The restrictions are recommendations presented as law until certain conditions are fulfilled

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I'm this area it's fairly easy to drive across a tier border without being aware that you've done it"

Do you even know where Rother joins Weldon on all roads...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"They should have followed Spain and not allow people to move from county to county unless its for work or medical with police enforcement doing checks on motorists. Do people not realise that they will be spreading it to their family and friends, nice Christmas present "

I think most people realise that it's possibility, yes.

That's why health workers, retail staff and teachers are so concerned.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm this area it's fairly easy to drive across a tier border without being aware that you've done itDo you even know where Rother joins Weldon on all roads...

"

Nope. We've looked at a map that shows the boundary but like all boundaries it's not a straight line

"

As I understand it, it is not illegal even now. The restrictions are recommendations presented as law until certain conditions are fulfilled"

Yes it is just advice not to leave their 4 but you can leave and enter for work purposes, medical reasons, education, emergency situations, to support or care for a vunrable person, to see your support bubble or to return to your main home.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

They got a bit like that in first lock down didn't they. They had drones out in some places. I walked down to the beach during first lock down only to find my way blocked by police cars which I walked round. They were turfing people out of their beach huts.

Even if he'd got out for a walk (which he didn't, because it was raining), he was allowed his daily exercise, so we really can't understand why he was spoken to. Oh well. It's the past now and he doesn't have his car anymore (a long story involving Worcester )"

I can guess, I have tales of my aunt, her car and a mounting block...

"

As I understand it, it is not illegal even now. The restrictions are recommendations presented as law until certain conditions are fulfilled"

Hancock as just said differently to Andrew Marr...he reckons it's the job of transport police and motorway police as it it law.. his words.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

As I understand it, it is not illegal even now. The restrictions are recommendations presented as law until certain conditions are fulfilled

Yes it is just advice not to leave their 4 but you can leave and enter for work purposes, medical reasons, education, emergency situations, to support or care for a vunrable person, to see your support bubble or to return to your main home."

Obviously we will abide by the recommendations but my parents are in tier 2. I'm responsible for their care in many ways but live in a high risk area. I genuinely don't know how to deal with it.

"

Yes it is just advice not to leave their 4 but you can leave and enter for work purposes, medical reasons, education, emergency situations, to support or care for a vunrable person, to see your support bubble or to return to your main home.

Obviously we will abide by the recommendations but my parents are in tier 2. I'm responsible for their care in many ways but live in a high risk area. I genuinely don't know how to deal with it."

It's tricky because we are in the same situation.

We have decided we are just going to do what we feel is right and causes minimal risk and harm.

Should have set fire to the M25

Grantham

"

Hancock as just said differently to Andrew Marr...he reckons it's the job of transport police and motorway police as it it law.. his words."

I believe, and happy to be corrected, that until a Statutory Instrument has been published, this is only guidance.

The SI, when published, will detail what constitues an offence.

Most of those leaving will be the second home brigade, so will be taking Covid to rural areas

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Hancock as just said differently to Andrew Marr...he reckons it's the job of transport police and motorway police as it it law.. his words.

I believe, and happy to be corrected, that until a Statutory Instrument has been published, this is only guidance.

The SI, when published, will detail what constitues an offence. "

This is also my belief.

"

The SI, when published, will detail what constitues an offence. "

Just saying what he said...whether he is right is another thing

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Obviously we will abide by the recommendations but my parents are in tier 2. I'm responsible for their care in many ways but live in a high risk area. I genuinely don't know how to deal with it.

It's tricky because we are in the same situation.

We have decided we are just going to do what we feel is right and causes minimal risk and harm."

Same. It's difficult though.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Just saying what he said...whether he is right is another thing "

If enough people believe him it doesn't matter if he's right of not

North Yorkshire

"

Just saying what he said...whether he is right is another thing "

Obviously Hancock"s puppet master is having the weekend off.

Elect a clown , Expect a circus

Elect a clown, Expect a circus

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 10:26:14]

North Yorkshire

The government is even putting ads on the radio stating quite clearly that, we, the government are going to cause you havoc and disrupt your life, in so many words.

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

"

Yes it is just advice not to leave their 4 but you can leave and enter for work purposes, medical reasons, education, emergency situations, to support or care for a vunrable person, to see your support bubble or to return to your main home."

And surely this is why our official response is such a shitshow? Told to do /not do something but so many exceptions to the rules it makes it very easy to break or ignore them.

Surely it would be better as a clear black or white statement of you can do this and you can't do that? Yes, I'm aware there would be consequences to this, but are we seriously trying to contain this virus or just divide and conquer, plus coincidentally knacker the economy so that Tory bigwigs can buy it all for rock bottom prices?

"

And surely this is why our official response is such a shitshow? Told to do /not do something but so many exceptions to the rules it makes it very easy to break or ignore them.

Surely it would be better as a clear black or white statement of you can do this and you can't do that? Yes, I'm aware there would be consequences to this, but are we seriously trying to contain this virus or just divide and conquer, plus coincidentally knacker the economy so that Tory bigwigs can buy it all for rock bottom prices? "

Those exemptions are there for a reason.

You can't just say you can't leave your area even for work or for medical treatment.

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

I love the way people blame the government for the populations stupidity. I can't remember anyone saying you're going into tier 4 so all leave the capital and spread this shit virus everywhere.

Just waiting for that pratt Burnham to come on and say that Manchester has it worse and they should get a ton of money sent up there

Git oooooft myyyy laaaaaand

durham

"

Obviously Hancock"s puppet master is having the weekend off. "

Hancock said he passed an emergency law at 5 am this morning. Travelling around into other areas, from tier 4 is now prohibited

Tier 4 have to stay at home. This law is enforceable. He wants, the police to stop people at train stations and set up road Checkpoints. How, well this will go is anyone's guess. He did this because he is livid with the actions of those in London last night

What did they really expect would happen with yesterday's announcement. As for Hancock himself, he is the puppet master along with his sidekicks Witty and Vallance.

The smirk on his face this morning was so unsettling

These are the ones running this country at the moment. Boris is merely the puppet and warm up act

liverpool

"Elect a clown , Expect a circus "

North Yorkshire

"

Obviously Hancock"s puppet master is having the weekend off. Hancock said he passed an emergency law at 5 am this morning. Travelling around into other areas, from tier 4 is now prohibited

Tier 4 have to stay at home. This law is enforceable. He wants, the police to stop people at train stations and set up road Checkpoints. How, well this will go is anyone's guess. He did this because he is livid with the actions of those in London last night

What did they really expect would happen with yesterday's announcement. As for Hancock himself, he is the puppet master along with his sidekicks Witty and Vallance.

These are the ones running this country at the moment. Boris is merely the puppet and warm up act "

"

Obviously Hancock"s puppet master is having the weekend off. Hancock said he passed an emergency law at 5 am this morning. Travelling around into other areas, from tier 4 is now prohibited

These are the ones running this country at the moment. Boris is merely the puppet and warm up act "

Did he do any "fake" crying again ? He really is a creepy little worm

You cant blame people wanting to get out of London

durham

I love the way people blame the government for the populations stupidity. I can't remember anyone saying you're going into tier 4 so all leave the capital and spread this shit virus everywhere.

Just waiting for that pratt Burnham to come on and say that Manchester has it worse and they should get a ton of money sent up there"

It's not stupidity. It's human nature caused by panic. It's like if you are in an aeroplane about to go down and they say to you stay calm it'll be fine. And what is the first reaction of any human being.... To panic of course

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

We live in the town of Gosport Hampshire,

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????.

North Yorkshire

Just waiting for that pratt Burnham to come on and say that Manchester has it worse and they should get a ton of money sent up there"

Divide and conquer. Don't fall for it.

North Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 10:58:15]

We have always said people need to think of what they want to do. Look after themselves.

If you are healthy the probability is your friends will be.

That people have been openly asking for meets on here proves, sadly, that we can’t be trusted.

We are asked at least 4 times a week if we want to meet now.

So being an icu nurse I have seen people come in more and more recently with this virus. And yet nobody listens. Regardless of who is leading the country this would have been a problem. That this lot are crap at communicating doesn’t help.

Ok rant over.

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

With the travel ban in Scotland does that mean they can't come here?

(My sister who lives in London decided weeks ago it would be a bad idea and cancelled.)

Or does the Scottish travel ban only applicable to Scottish subjects and not enforceable to prevent inward spread?

North Yorkshire

"OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

We live in the town of Gosport Hampshire,

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????. "

Don’t panic !! don’t panic !! , they don’t like it up ‘em

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Come let’s all jump on a train and head to London.. to claim squatting rights on those empty apartments

North Yorkshire

"Perhaps people are done with this. 10 months. 10 months to get their shit together. Don’t know who’s dumber. The Government or the lockdown worshiping people. I now know how Hitler prospered. "

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"Don’t panic !! don’t panic !! , they don’t like it up ‘em "

Pmsl xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"With the travel ban in Scotland does that mean they can't come here?

(My sister who lives in London decided weeks ago it would be a bad idea and cancelled.)

Or does the Scottish travel ban only applicable to Scottish subjects and not enforceable to prevent inward spread?"

Funny enough I wonder if the Welsh and Scottish administrations will put checkpoints on the main roads crossing the borders to maintain lockdown rules on essential travel......

The Dutch and Belgian government have put a travel ban on the uk this morning.... I honestly wonder if France and Ireland will follow

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Or does the Scottish travel ban only applicable to Scottish subjects and not enforceable to prevent inward spread?

Funny enough I wonder if the Welsh and Scottish administrations will put checkpoints on the main roads crossing the borders to maintain lockdown rules on essential travel......

The Dutch and Belgian government have put a travel ban on the uk this morning.... I honestly wonder if France and Ireland will follow "

Would you blame them. Should we let flights go out?

Grantham

The Dutch and Belgian government have put a travel ban on the uk this morning.... I honestly wonder if France and Ireland will follow "

Nicola Sturgeon has said no to roadblocks, but it remains to be seen.

No travel to Switzerland after January 1st either, for those contemplating skiing holidays there.

The Dutch and Belgian government have put a travel ban on the uk this morning.... I honestly wonder if France and Ireland will follow

No travel to Switzerland after January 1st either, for those contemplating skiing holidays there. "

There is to be no cross border travel either way.

Newcastle and Gateshead

The other thing about the mass exit out is that the tier 4 rules are in place for at least 3 weeks..... so anyone who left can’t really come back till mid January at the earliest and BTP are asking people why you need to travel...

So in theory if you left yesterday you may not be legally allowed to return for months

Newcastle and Gateshead

No travel to Switzerland after January 1st either, for those contemplating skiing holidays there.

There is to be no cross border travel either way. "

So short of police roadblocks on the bigger main roads, and BTP at Carlisle, Berwick, Edinburgh and Glasgow, how on earth are you going to control this.... there is going to be a load of compassionate reason excuses in the next few weeks to justify what they are doing

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Would you blame them. Should we let flights go out?"

Until we know more in about this new variation we have a responsibility to not allow travel outside of our borders..

Easier said than done and in all likelihood with the amount of time since it became known it's pretty much likely to be all over..

Why the panic now though.

The R rate is so much lower that in April and May.

"Why the panic now though.

The R rate is so much lower that in April and May. "

April and may was coming out of winter.

Now we are entering winter....think about it!!