FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Non essential retail

Non essential retail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I feel really bad for the shops that have only been open a couple of weeks and had to close again. What will happen to all their stock and will there be any help for them?

I would imagine bigger shops will be able to redistribute their stock and send it to other branches, but smaller independents who have been closed and were now hoping to finally move some of their stock for Christmas will not open again this side of Christmas and only had 2 hours notice.

I know there is nothing that can be done but my thoughts go out to them.

Life is full of tiers of pressures at the moment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The stock is n9t a problem

Its the lack of profit that is the

Problem . Profits pay wages.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

At the first lockdown I know one local Costa had to throw out a lot of milk. Seems such a waste.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I feel really bad for the shops that have only been open a couple of weeks and had to close again. What will happen to all their stock and will there be any help for them?

I would imagine bigger shops will be able to redistribute their stock and send it to other branches, but smaller independents who have been closed and were now hoping to finally move some of their stock for Christmas will not open again this side of Christmas and only had 2 hours notice.

Life is full of tiers of pressures at the moment."

Me too. Their livelihood. I'm so lucky that doesn't apply to me.

I'll certainly try to buy from independent shops in future, to help them out

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

"I feel really bad for the shops that have only been open a couple of weeks and had to close again. What will happen to all their stock and will there be any help for them?

It’s unlikely that they will open this side of new year and your correct if it’s perishable goods then they Have been fucked over (doubt many would be classed as non essential)

No perishable maybe able to get away with it but they still have to pay wages and tbh I guess the pre-Xmas rush was going to get them through December

I do feel sorry for them

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Yes, it's the small independent retailers who have the most to lose.

Also, all we are gonna see is a stampede of people when they are allowed to reopen as so many will be getting gift vouchers this year!

By *litterbabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I hope restaurants manage to at least give it to people who need it, or hostels or homeless shelters. Even if it's really hard on them it's no good in it going in the bin.

But Christmas stock, costs money to buy, money to store and can't be sold this year.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I hope restaurants manage to at least give it to people who need it, or hostels or homeless shelters. Even if it's really hard on them it's no good in it going in the bin.

But Christmas stock, costs money to buy, money to store and can't be sold this year."

Some will donate for free others will have their stock bought by charities feeding those in need, which is financed by donations from the local community.

A well known jewellers by us is open . It's not essential at all . Lots of backhanders going on

Pubs are throwing gallons and gallons of beer away

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"The stock is n9t a problem

Problem . Profits pay wages."

But if you got in stock for Christmas and not sold it do you have the working cash flow to get more stock in for spring. And would you risk losing more.

I work for a company and thay have a meeting in February on what they are going to order for Christmas.

Hastings

"Pubs are throwing gallons and gallons of beer away "

Again

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you were in tier 3, pubs and restaurants were only allowed to open for take out anyway.... that hasn’t changed in tier 4...

The biggest issue is going to be that property rents are going to be due... so look for the government to put an emergency ban on evictions for 6 to 12 months to give them at least some chance of survival

Speaking as a bus driver, I am not only a key worker, but I am also one of life's pond life. For example, who has right of way? The bus or The BMW driver who's is late? Anyway,

Anyway, as a bus driver I am required by law to wear footwear with a clearly defined foot and heel. So how do I buy a pair of shoes right now?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Speaking as a bus driver, I am not only a key worker, but I am also one of life's pond life. For example, who has right of way? The bus or The BMW driver who's is late? Anyway,

Anyway, as a bus driver I am required by law to wear footwear with a clearly defined foot and heel. So how do I buy a pair of shoes right now?"

Do what the rest of us who basically were told shield had to do..... Amazon will become your best friend for a while......

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Its more the overheads than the wages that are the problem.

If only people would do as they are asked rather than blaming BoJo and Co then we nay have gotten through this a lot quicker.

There's no telling some folk, sadly

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

It’s all in the master plan I’m afraid to kill off small business and have large controllable firms and everyone in paye!

So what size Amazon uniform would you like

Worcester

"It’s all in the master plan I’m afraid to kill off small business and have large controllable firms and everyone in paye!

So what size Amazon uniform would you like "

Yeah cos that would fill the coffers....not.

They need companies that actually pay tax if we are going to recover.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"It’s all in the master plan I’m afraid to kill off small business and have large controllable firms and everyone in paye!

They need companies that actually pay tax if we are going to recover."

Amazon do pay the correct tax as required.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 13:39:01]

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

"Yes, it's the small independent retailers who have the most to lose.

Also, all we are gonna see is a stampede of people when they are allowed to reopen as so many will be getting gift vouchers this year!"

Gift vouchers absolutely the worst thing to give... lots of shops will simply not be trading next year

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Also, all we are gonna see is a stampede of people when they are allowed to reopen as so many will be getting gift vouchers this year!

Gift vouchers absolutely the worst thing to give... lots of shops will simply not be trading next year"

That’s why the generic visa / MasterCard ones work better, spend it wherever on whatever you like

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Probably final nail in the coffin for many small business such a shame

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

incorrect turnover pays wages profit is just that profit what is left over after all costs to the business

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

They need companies that actually pay tax if we are going to recover.

Amazon do pay the correct tax as required. "

Amazon pay tax on the profit made in the UK on the distribution element. Profits on the actual item are often "earned"outside of the UK like Jersey for example.

I'm doing my bit down here & drinking as much as I can in the pub

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Anyway, as a bus driver I am required by law to wear footwear with a clearly defined foot and heel. So how do I buy a pair of shoes right now?"

You order them on line of course. Also I’m sure some large supermarket stores sell shoes.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Good work. Do you need to buy new shoes now? Or are you just asking on behalf of someone who does?

Tin town

Gift vouchers absolutely the worst thing to give... lots of shops will simply not be trading next year"

They always have been. I never understood why you'd take something you can spend anywhere and with no time limit and exchange it for something you can only spend in one or two shops and has a time limit of when you need to spend it. Very strange concept

Tin town

So what size Amazon uniform would you like "

Yep that certainly seems a good plan by all the world's governments. To kill off businesses that actually put money in their coffers. Awesome thinking.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Pubs are throwing gallons and gallons of beer away

If you were in tier 3, pubs and restaurants were only allowed to open for take out anyway.... that hasn’t changed in tier 4...

The biggest issue is going to be that property rents are going to be due... so look for the government to put an emergency ban on evictions for 6 to 12 months to give them at least some chance of survival "

and meanwhile the greedy landlords are still putting up rents for these businesses. How, can they sustain keeping open in these circumstances. Soon they will be no businesses, then no money for the landlords either.

A one way ticket to oblivion for the high Street. Its not entirely all covids fault but it is certainly accelerating the demise of high Street shops at an alarming rate and much sooner than was previously envisaged

HMRC want money from self employed at the end of Jan . Most didnt pay their July payment so now it's a double payment . Cant defer this time . I for one havnt got any money to pay mine . Not worked since March . Had we been back to normal by Christmas as Johnson announced to the nation i would be able to pay . The bailiffs are circling

Hastings

I'm in administration with one company and will be gone by Jan first so the government won't be getting any payments back on that loan.

Or collecting tax from that company.

But theatre will not be back to normal any time soon.

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

Ask your employer to provide the appropriate footware.

Doesn't matter how you look at it but the country is fucked!!! I've lost a 20 year old business due to that fucking prick borris and the other fuckwits making the rules up as they go!! And I know several others who've got businesses thay are on the brink.

Fucking Tories, Maggie fucked the country over when she was in charge and now borris is r*ping the corpse!!!

Call me cynical but this could so easily be a social experiment to see who does what they are told without even questioning it.

Bit of a rant but what they hey...

Anyway, as a bus driver I am required by law to wear footwear with a clearly defined foot and heel. So how do I buy a pair of shoes right now?

Good work. Do you need to buy new shoes now? Or are you just asking on behalf of someone who does? "

No, I don't need to buy new shoes right now. I need new shoes for the 4th of Jan, next year. It sounds along way away, but since I live I Wales, travelling 10 miles to England would be breaking the law, Welsh supermarkets are not allowed to sell anything other than essentials, I can confirm that my nearest Welsh supermarkets have all closed down / blocked off their non essential aisles such as clothing, I only have one option.

What if I order from Amazon?

I'm a pond life bus driver. I can't afford to pay both next-day Amazon delivery and my council tax. What if the shoes are the wrong size?

Would you really go to court to support a bus driver who killed your child because his footwear slipped off the brake pedal?

By *ust some cock suckerMan  over a year ago

Preston

Gift vouchers absolutely the worst thing to give... lots of shops will simply not be trading next year

They always have been. I never understood why you'd take something you can spend anywhere and with no time limit and exchange it for something you can only spend in one or two shops and has a time limit of when you need to spend it. Very strange concept "

That's so very true lol

Hastings

"Doesn't matter how you look at it but the country is fucked!!! I've lost a 20 year old business due to that fucking prick borris and the other fuckwits making the rules up as they go!! And I know several others who've got businesses thay are on the brink.

Fucking Tories, Maggie fucked the country over when she was in charge and now borris is r*ping the corpse!!!

Call me cynical but this could so easily be a social experiment to see who does what they are told without even questioning it.

Bit of a rant but what they hey...

"

Agree Maggie sold the hart out of the UK

"

The employer is not legally required to provide footwear. The driver, however, is legally required to wear specific footwear which has a defined heel and sole.

Worcester

The employer is not legally required to provide footwear. The driver, however, is legally required to wear specific footwear which has a defined heel and sole."

If said footwear is part of your PPE requirements then the employer has to provide it regardless of cost.

» Add a new message to this topic