FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown for life.

Lockdown for life.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Day 273, and counting.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Day 273, and counting."

If they were still alive, my grandparents managed 2,190 days living through The Blitz, constantly on a war-footing, rationing, worrying about the next flying bomb, seeing neighbours getting blown to bits, etc.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!"

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

We are not at war with a foreign power intent on killing us. Are we?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"We are not at war with a foreign power intent on killing us. Are we?"

No. We are at war with a microscopic particle that subverts the machinery of your every cell, bursts them open and creates a shower of more particles, infecting more of your cells, then more people.

It cannot be fought with propaganda, stiff upper lip, or demonstrations of military force. It cannot be reasoned with, it is impossible to sue for peace or to make a deal with it.

It is an enemy that does not even know that humanity exists, that has no emotion, no purpose, no intention. It is not even alive in any real sense.

It is an enemy that does not require you to believe in it. It does not care if you live or die. It does not know if you live or die. It is just a chance combination of molecules, a nanomachine resulting from a billion years of evolution. But once it enters your body, then either it will destroy your cells, or your cells will destroy it, and whether you live or die is determined purely by the outcome of that molecular sized race.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"We are not at war with a foreign power intent on killing us. Are we?

No. We are at war with a microscopic particle that subverts the machinery of your every cell, bursts them open and creates a shower of more particles, infecting more of your cells, then more people.

It cannot be fought with propaganda, stiff upper lip, or demonstrations of military force. It cannot be reasoned with, it is impossible to sue for peace or to make a deal with it.

It is an enemy that does not even know that humanity exists, that has no emotion, no purpose, no intention. It is not even alive in any real sense.

It is an enemy that does not require you to believe in it. It does not care if you live or die. It does not know if you live or die. It is just a chance combination of molecules, a nanomachine resulting from a billion years of evolution. But once it enters your body, then either it will destroy your cells, or your cells will destroy it, and whether you live or die is determined purely by the outcome of that molecular sized race."

So beautifully and eloquently put.

There is a certain beauty in sublime nihilism and entropy that transcends all other things and you captured it perfectly. Thank you.

By *randMrsJones500Couple  over a year ago

london

"Day 273, and counting.

If they were still alive, my grandparents managed 2,190 days living through The Blitz, constantly on a war-footing, rationing, worrying about the next flying bomb, seeing neighbours getting blown to bits, etc.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!""

i get the point you are trying to make but the blitz spirit was built on camaraderie without the social distancing and isolation. there might have been nothing in the shops but the shops were open. i’m not sure its a good comparison. my mental heakth would be far better if i could bunker down .with my friends neighbours and family

"Day 273, and counting.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!""

Your grandparents "hunkered down" and managed to live through a blitz, "The Blitz", for 8 years 8 months when the so called Blitz period spanned barely mroe than a year ??

WW2, the sham or at least circumstances surrounding Angloe entry into, itself only lasted 6 years.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Day 273, and counting.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!"

Your grandparents "hunkered down" and managed to live through a blitz, "The Blitz", for 8 years 8 months when the so called Blitz period spanned barely mroe than a year ??

WW2, the sham or at least circumstances surrounding Angloe entry into, itself only lasted 6 years."

Maths is obviously not your strong point is it, and the poster didn't say the blitz lasted 6 years, that's the beauty of punctuation it allows a sentence to say several things in sequence.

This virus is a walk in the park compared to WW2

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

It is an enemy that does not require you to believe in it. It does not care if you live or die. It does not know if you live or die. It is just a chance combination of molecules, a nanomachine resulting from a billion years of evolution. But once it enters your body, then either it will destroy your cells, or your cells will destroy it, and whether you live or die is determined purely by the outcome of that molecular sized race."

So really it's like a horny guy in a club trying to get layed in the end he dosent mind how so long as he gets it off...

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

And the pubs stayed open in 1939

Ahh the invisible enemy, a sublime tactic, and the cunning to have your subjects invest their beleif. Evil genius defined.

Day 274

Hastings

"And the pubs stayed open in 1939 "

And we could dance and fall in love.

Am so glad I'm not 16 to 21

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Day 273, and counting."

Your profile says that you are 36 years old . . .

36 Years = 13,148.73 Days.

Minus 273 Days = 12,875.73 Days.

Hardly locked up for life.

By *andy2123Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

We live in the town of Gosport Hampshire,

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????.

"Day 273, and counting.

WW2, the sham or at least circumstances surrounding Angloe entry into, itself only lasted 6 years.

Maths is obviously not your strong point is it, and the poster didn't say the blitz lasted 6 years, that's the beauty of punctuation it allows a sentence to say several things in sequence.

This virus is a walk in the park compared to WW2 "

So they actually "hunkered down" for 8 years and 8 months for a war that lasted 6 years ?

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

For those who live alone this is solitary confinement one of the worst sort of punishment

"Day 273, and counting.

Hardly locked up for life."

When you are able to, you tell that to a baby born on 23rd March 2020, because by the time they are able to have that explained to them I can ensure you that so long as you continue support for those who continue to inpose restrictions the lives of free people, this thread will still be counting the days.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

An enemy that about half the people who catch it don't even know they have it. Almost all of the other half end up with symptoms that are no worse than bad flu. Studies show that it is only three times as deadly as flu, a disease that we do precisely nothing about.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????."

Check the figures at your local hospital, you'll find someone who's got it there.

"OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????.

Check the figures at your local hospital, you'll find someone who's got it there."

Yes, destroy the lives/livelyhood of 80k people for the hand full of people fighting an illlness that has a survival rate over 99%.

North Yorkshire

Check the figures at your local hospital, you'll find someone who's got it there.

Yes, destroy the lives/livelyhood of 80k people for the hand full of people fighting an illlness that has a survival rate over 99%."

"Day 273, and counting.

When you are able to, you tell that to a baby born on 23rd March 2020, because by the time they are able to have that explained to them I can ensure you that so long as you continue support for those who continue to inpose restrictions the lives of free people, this thread will still be counting the days."

From Real to Surreal.

A baby 273 days will really have no sense of that will it?

And as most of the 'locked-up' hasn't actually been 'locked-up' your sense of the dramatic is way over stated.

North Yorkshire

Yes, destroy the lives/livelyhood of 80k people for the hand full of people fighting an illlness that has a survival rate over 99%."

It makes you wonder if the government has another Agenda. Johnson, his way of speaking is different since he became PM. Have a look at his televised speeches when he was Mayor of London. He now appears to be a different person. Sort of deferential, a cajoling manner. Need some behavioural experts to study him before and after and report back.

Portsmouth

Check the figures at your local hospital, you'll find someone who's got it there."

Hubby's fighting cancer at the moment, and he's there a lot, he's asked hospital staff, and even they are a little in the dark about where these figures are coming from, but they don't tell you a lot there, just refer you to the website. Like I say, I'm not saying it's not here, it just so bizarre that we don't know anybody. X

Tonbridge

"Day 273, and counting.

When you are able to, you tell that to a baby born on 23rd March 2020, because by the time they are able to have that explained to them I can ensure you that so long as you continue support for those who continue to inpose restrictions the lives of free people, this thread will still be counting the days.

From Real to Surreal.

And as most of the 'locked-up' hasn't actually been 'locked-up' your sense of the dramatic is way over stated."

No, but it won't be too pleased to find it's living in a household with both parents on government handouts because the government made their livelihoods illegal to prevent their great grandmother dying from old age.

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 11:30:40]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Hubby's fighting cancer at the moment, and he's there a lot, he's asked hospital staff, and even they are a little in the dark about where these figures are coming from, but they don't tell you a lot there, just refer you to the website. Like I say, I'm not saying it's not here, it just so bizarre that we don't know anybody. X"

I'm sorry to hear that.

We know of three people who've had covid. We think we had it last February. The figures here are something like 570 per 100,000 so it's highly likely that we won't know someone who's got it.

"Day 273, and counting.

From Real to Surreal.

And as most of the 'locked-up' hasn't actually been 'locked-up' your sense of the dramatic is way over stated.

No, but it won't be too pleased to find it's living in a household with both parents on government handouts because the government made their livelihoods illegal to prevent their great grandmother dying from old age."

It will be pleased that grandma is still alive.

Portsmouth

Hubby's fighting cancer at the moment, and he's there a lot, he's asked hospital staff, and even they are a little in the dark about where these figures are coming from, but they don't tell you a lot there, just refer you to the website. Like I say, I'm not saying it's not here, it just so bizarre that we don't know anybody. X

I'm sorry to hear that.

We know of three people who've had covid. We think we had it last February. The figures here are something like 570 per 100,000 so it's highly likely that we won't know someone who's got it."

OK thanks, nice profile by the way. Sandy x

"Day 273, and counting.

From Real to Surreal.

And as most of the 'locked-up' hasn't actually been 'locked-up' your sense of the dramatic is way over stated."

When you are able to.. as in, when that baby grows to an age where they can have the subject matter explained to them and is able to be understood, continue showing supoort as you are and this locking down sharade will still be rife on that day.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm sorry to hear that.

We know of three people who've had covid. We think we had it last February. The figures here are something like 570 per 100,000 so it's highly likely that we won't know someone who's got it.

OK thanks, nice profile by the way. Sandy x"

Thank you

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Hubby's fighting cancer at the moment, and he's there a lot, he's asked hospital staff, and even they are a little in the dark about where these figures are coming from, but they don't tell you a lot there, just refer you to the website. Like I say, I'm not saying it's not here, it just so bizarre that we don't know anybody. X"

My job involves looking at death certificates and i have only seen three that list covid as the cause. I see many many more where the deaths were caused by alcoholism or suicide- both of which increases hugely in a lockdown. I am not sure the balance has been calculate correctly.

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

The Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 lasted about 2 years. The problem with people nowadays is everyone wants things almost instantly but it ain't going to happen.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Day 273, and counting."

For life??

By *onyDunnMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

China?

My job involves looking at death certificates and i have only seen three that list covid as the cause. I see many many more where the deaths were caused by alcoholism or suicide- both of which increases hugely in a lockdown. I am not sure the balance has been calculate correctly.

"

What is your job?

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??"

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

"China?

"

Being used as the example to drum up support for lockdowns.

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today."

How many days have you lived without lockdown ?

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

How many days have you lived without lockdown ? "

An eternity.

"

flu, a disease that we do precisely nothing about. "

The Flu injection has been around since 1945 - Hardly a 'doing nothing' about.

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity."

Nothing to worry about then,

Hastings

"The Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 lasted about 2 years. The problem with people nowadays is everyone wants things almost instantly but it ain't going to happen. "

And in 1918 in the UK we had 43 million people we now have 66 million. So will it last longer as we are more populated and commute more.

"

flu, a disease that we do precisely nothing about.

"

.. and after 75 years of vaccinating against an illness, that illness is still abundent.. but vacccines do work!

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????."

Given the number of people who have contracted the virus per 100,000 capita, it's entirely plausible that you don't know anyone who has caught it.

However, not knowing someone who has it doesn't mean it doesn't represent a significant threat in your area.

I'd be glad you don't know anyone who'd caught it, chances are you'd have caught it too.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

E

The South

As always, eloquently put.

E

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

Nothing to worry about then, "

A threat to one is a threat to all.

"

.. and after 75 years of vaccinating against an illness, that illness is still abundent.. but vacccines do work!"

And saved millions from death.

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

A threat to one is a threat to all."

I agree, COVID is certainly a threat to all

"

.. and after 75 years of vaccinating against an illness, that illness is still abundent.. but vacccines do work!

And saved millions from death."

That post went so far over your head, its now in orbit.

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

I agree, COVID is certainly a threat to all "

I agree, the global military war game entitled COVID-19 is very mucha threat to all.

"

That post went so far over your head, its now in orbit."

Wow. Yes it did.

Tonbridge

"

"

When they talk of people dying on trolleys in hospital corridors due overcrowded hospitals buckling under the strain of a bad flu year, did they take single step to reduce the spread of the disease? They just told the hospitals to get on with their job of looking after the sick whilst the rest of the country got on with their job of paying for it.

"

Wow. Yes it did. "

I love you x

Some 20–50 million people worldwide are thought to have died in the outbreak of Spanish flu in 1918–19,1,2 nearly 200,000 of them in England.1 Nearly a century later, the global death toll for the 2009–10 pandemic has been put at 150,000–575,000,2 with fewer than 500 deaths in the UK.3 Although better healthcare and antiviral medicines saved many lives in the recent pandemic,4 vaccination has helped reduce the spread of both seasonal and pandemic flu in the UK for over 50 years.

Covid Denial Readers 101

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

I agree, COVID is certainly a threat to all "

But nowhere near as big a threat as lockdown

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

But nowhere near as big a threat as lockdown"

According to you ? I don’t like the lockdowns , but I realise they are necessary, I am sure you must have a better alternative?

"

Wow. Yes it did.

I love you x"

No. actually your selfish behaviour says that you love yourself.

"

Wow. Yes it did.

I love you x

No. actually your selfish behaviour says that you love yourself."

I do love myself, as should you love yourself x

Okay. So. On to real issues.

Hastings

Kent ITU is now almost full and moving patients to West Sussex?

Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

According to you ? I don’t like the lockdowns , but I realise they are necessary, I am sure you must have a better alternative? "

The first one was probably was necessary, the subsequent ones are causing more long term damage than they are preventing. There is only one alternative but right now there is too much appetite to be locked down and to believe the hype

"Kent ITU is now almost full and moving patients to West Sussex?"

Was it Blackpool hospital that tweeted their ward was full ? It was followed up by one of their staff reporting thaqt yes the ward is full, all 8 beds out of a 700 bed hospital.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 12:18:35]

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

According to you ? I don’t like the lockdowns , but I realise they are necessary, I am sure you must have a better alternative?

The first one was probably was necessary, the subsequent ones are causing more long term damage than they are preventing. There is only one alternative but right now there is too much appetite to be locked down and to believe the hype"

What is the alternative?

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

The first one was probably was necessary, the subsequent ones are causing more long term damage than they are preventing. There is only one alternative but right now there is too much appetite to be locked down and to believe the hype

What is the alternative? "

Realise your being lied to.

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

The first one was probably was necessary, the subsequent ones are causing more long term damage than they are preventing. There is only one alternative but right now there is too much appetite to be locked down and to believe the hype"

This Lockdown is going to put many really good small Businesses to the wall there final nail in there coffin

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Realise your being lied to."

Who is lying and why are they lying?

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Realise your being lied to."

yes totally the cure being much worse than the disease

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Realise your being lied to. yes totally the cure being much worse than the disease "

So why are we being lied to?

Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative? "

Admit that lockdowns don’t work

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Realise your being lied to. yes totally the cure being much worse than the disease

So why are we being lied to? "

Because you, me, all of us, are less than a piece of dog shit to those who you choose to place your trust in.

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Realise your being lied to. yes totally the cure being much worse than the disease

So why are we being lied to? "

Could be they want to Finnish off small business so there mates have the monopoly, the upper classes probably like to Finnish of most of the pubs , have the bulk of the population reliant on them for handouts giving them total control,and generally the sort of people in politics love control of the masses they are getting used to it now

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Because you, me, all of us, are less than a piece of dog shit to those who you choose to place your trust in."

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You're magic, Polly

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

So why are we being lied to? Could be they want to Finnish off small business so there mates have the monopoly, the upper classes probably like to Finnish of most of the pubs , have the bulk of the population reliant on them for handouts giving them total control,and generally the sort of people in politics love control of the masses they are getting used to it now "

So they have created a global pandemic to close down small businesses and pubs? And how will giving out hand outs benefit the government and the upper classes?

The South

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

So why are we being lied to? Could be they want to Finnish off small business so there mates have the monopoly, the upper classes probably like to Finnish of most of the pubs , have the bulk of the population reliant on them for handouts giving them total control,and generally the sort of people in politics love control of the masses they are getting used to it now "

Bugger, pass me the phone again....

E

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

It is an enemy that does not require you to believe in it. It does not care if you live or die. It does not know if you live or die. It is just a chance combination of molecules, a nanomachine resulting from a billion years of evolution. But once it enters your body, then either it will destroy your cells, or your cells will destroy it, and whether you live or die is determined purely by the outcome of that molecular sized race.

An enemy that about half the people who catch it don't even know they have it. Almost all of the other half end up with symptoms that are no worse than bad flu. Studies show that it is only three times as deadly as flu, a disease that we do precisely nothing about. "

I'm sure the drs and nurses around the country will be relieved to read that.

I'm sure they have nothing to worry about.

"

When they talk of people dying on trolleys in hospital corridors due overcrowded hospitals buckling under the strain of a bad flu year, did they take single step to reduce the spread of the disease? They just told the hospitals to get on with their job of looking after the sick whilst the rest of the country got on with their job of paying for it.

Sure does look like a global pandemic. As you can see here every hospital was/is suffering so much.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=uk+pandemic+dancing+nurses&t=opera&iax=videos&ia=videos

Ah, the dancing nurses videos, what does this prove again?

Come on mate, youre a clever chap, you dont need anyone to walk you through it it.

Global medical emergency in one hand. Hospitals empty while staff dance all day in the other.

All nurses were dancing ? all hospitals were empty? I saw a taking dog on YouTube, does that mean all dogs can talk? Come on, your a lever chap

I personally visited many hospitals. All deserted.

Pass me the phone, I need to call bullshit.

E"

You can call TOLL FREE on 0800-TV-IS-LIFE.

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Because you, me, all of us, are less than a piece of dog shit to those who you choose to place your trust in.

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ? "

Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends

Portsmouth

Given the number of people who have contracted the virus per 100,000 capita, it's entirely plausible that you don't know anyone who has caught it.

However, not knowing someone who has it doesn't mean it doesn't represent a significant threat in your area.

I'd be glad you don't know anyone who'd caught it, chances are you'd have caught it too.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

It's not just us, it's our family and friends who don't know anybody as well, about over a 100 people!

E"

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ? Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends "

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ?

The South

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ? Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ? "

E

liverpool

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ? Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends "

I'm.fairly sure Tories dong need a pandemic to make poor people poorer.

They can manage that all by themselves.

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

That’s true, so what is ‘their’ motivation for lying? What is the ultimate aim and end game ? Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ? "

No never said that you are making that up Covid is real but it now suits them how it’s panning out financially , it not a conspiracy theory they did not plan it

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

'they' were rich before and whilst some will benefit from this directly it makes no economic sense at all to do what people with similar thoughts to you suggest ..

To destroy the very thing you benefit from, yeah that's a real plan..

" Control of most of the population , also there is a bit of politics in this such as lockdown they can’t get no blame attached to them they can say they did all the could , the Economy and the most people will be much poorer but they won’t give a damn because most off them are rich and so are there friends "

So the rich want to make us poor so that they can get even richer hahaha. It's like a Monty Python sketch.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

That's why research needs statistical power and for sampling to be representative of the population. I don't know how the virus infection levels have been in your town - perhaps it has got off lightly. Your social circles and associated cities will have similarities, that make them poor representatives of the UK general population.

If unsure of the reality of the virus, in free times you could venture out to explore areas of devastation. You could help the grieving people who have lost others or gain insight into the typical life 20% of those infected who get long covid, where their whole body, including vital organs - brain, heart, kidneys etc - are under attack, due to the virus.

Your post suggests doubt that doesn't reflect the reality of this awful disease

The South

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

'they' were rich before and whilst some will benefit from this directly it makes no economic sense at all to do what people with similar thoughts to you suggest ..

To destroy the very thing you benefit from, yeah that's a real plan.."

Yup.

It's like some people have no idea what they're talking about isn't it.

E

liverpool

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

To destroy the very thing you benefit from, yeah that's a real plan.."

£11billion at last count.

Nice work if you can get it.

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ? No never said that you are making that up Covid is real but it now suits them how it’s panning out financially , it not a conspiracy theory they did not plan it "

Ah, tbh that makes slightly more sense, I still don’t think any government is stupid enough (and ours it really bad ) to bankrupt the economy in order to ‘control people ‘

in Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Yup.

It's like some people have no idea what they're talking about isn't it.

E"

Less and less so..

When something you want to pretend isn't about to occur or actually happening for whatever reason is so evidently the more the reality which is shit but here has to be accepted or the denial gets more bizarre and beyond credibility..

in Lancashire

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Nice work if you can get it."

As you know well Lionel for some all things are an opportunity..

War, pestilence and famine are to be exploited and sucked dry of all benefit by the leeches..

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ? No never said that you are making that up Covid is real but it now suits them how it’s panning out financially , it not a conspiracy theory they did not plan it

Ah, tbh that makes slightly more sense, I still don’t think any government is stupid enough (and ours it really bad ) to bankrupt the economy in order to ‘control people ‘ "

They never had a plan to do that but sometimes opportunity comes knocking at the door

liverpool

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Nice work if you can get it.

As you know well Lionel for some all things are an opportunity..

War, pestilence and famine are to be exploited and sucked dry of all benefit by the leeches.."

Oh aye they have certainly saw an opportunity.

liverpool

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

I see, so they devised a global pandemic to make a few billion and to make the working classes poor? How does the development and implementation of a vaccine fit into this cunning plan ? No never said that you are making that up Covid is real but it now suits them how it’s panning out financially , it not a conspiracy theory they did not plan it

Ah, tbh that makes slightly more sense, I still don’t think any government is stupid enough (and ours it really bad ) to bankrupt the economy in order to ‘control people ‘ They never had a plan to do that but sometimes opportunity comes knocking at the door "

Boris Johnson cannot even control his hair never mind 80 odd million people.

They have massively benefited from it but there certainly was no grand plan.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 12:59:04]

Herne Bay

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Ah, tbh that makes slightly more sense, I still don’t think any government is stupid enough (and ours it really bad ) to bankrupt the economy in order to ‘control people ‘ They never had a plan to do that but sometimes opportunity comes knocking at the door

Boris Johnson cannot even control his hair never mind 80 odd million people.

They have massively benefited from it but there certainly was no grand plan. "

We agree there was no plan

"Day 273, and counting.

For life??

.. and counting

Day 274 today.

An eternity.

What is the alternative?

Ah, tbh that makes slightly more sense, I still don’t think any government is stupid enough (and ours it really bad ) to bankrupt the economy in order to ‘control people ‘ They never had a plan to do that but sometimes opportunity comes knocking at the door "

Again, I agree with you there, somebody is making a lot of money out of all this

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

You copied that from the Terminator film

You copied that from the Terminator film "

That is why he used quotation marks

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

That is why he used quotation marks "

He'll post back ...

He'll post back ..."

By *d4fun73Man  over a year ago

Shipley

"The Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 lasted about 2 years. The problem with people nowadays is everyone wants things almost instantly but it ain't going to happen.

And in 1918 in the UK we had 43 million people we now have 66 million. So will it last longer as we are more populated and commute more. "

Not necessarily as we have better health care and technology than 100 years ago.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

That is why he used quotation marks "

Let me just check

Nope, just quotation marks around the first sentence, which is not from Terminator. “Cannot be reasoned with” would be correct in quotes.

I like that

bournemouth

"Day 273, and counting.

This virus is a walk in the park compared to WW2

So they actually "hunkered down" for 8 years and 8 months for a war that lasted 6 years ?

"

get some new batteries for your calculator, 6 years is 2190 days which is what the poster claimed

bournemouth

"The Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 lasted about 2 years. The problem with people nowadays is everyone wants things almost instantly but it ain't going to happen.

And in 1918 in the UK we had 43 million people we now have 66 million. So will it last longer as we are more populated and commute more. "

Actually the opposite is true, the denser the population and the more people travel the quicker it will spread and the quicker it will run out of new people.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Will someone who believes the "Control" nonsense care to continue the argument past just using the word & explain what additional "Control" they mean?

Ok, for the moment they control our movement & fun etc. but long term how do you think that will pan out for those in power?

You go to work, you earn money, you pay tax on everything after you've already paid tax on your earnings. You use a vehicle that registered to your home that possibly gets tracked for half it's life through ANPR cameras, they know who you vote for, They know where you spend your money if you use a bank or credit card & ergo know your movements.

If they wanted too....

So what more control & more importantly WHY? & how will they keep it up? These are the questions, not "They are"

Once you ask why that's where all the big brother stuff pretty much falls flat on it's face.

IF this was started by anyone it was more likely one person, one person who couldn't give a fuck about control, couldn't give a fuck about money, couldn't give a fuck about ruining economies & couldn't give a fuck about who it kills.

Just that it kills & reduces the population as that could be their only raison d entre.

Or it could just be natural

S

By *orkshrCplCouple  over a year ago

Ripon

Eloquent x

"

This. For the last 4 months half of my work time has been on a role that involves death cert after death cert.

In that time, 5.

Stockport

You copied that from the Terminator film "

Not copied from anything. If there is any similarity to any dialogue from any movie, it is purely coincidental. Yes i have seen Terminator, but last time must be at least twenty years ago, and apart from a couple of the most famous phrases ("I'll be back", "Come with me if you want to live") I have no conscious recollection of any of the lines. If you believe there is a direct quote please point me to the source. It is possible that the style was unconsciously influenced by _something_ - during my lifetime i have seen several thousand movies, and read several tens of thousands of books - but there is certainly no deliberate plagiarism.

Stockport

"....determined purely by the outcome of that molecular sized race.

He'll post back ..."

Please note that my preferred pronouns on fabswingers are "she/her", not "he/him". Thank you, Polly xx

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

An enemy that about half the people who catch it don't even know they have it. Almost all of the other half end up with symptoms that are no worse than bad flu. Studies show that it is only three times as deadly as flu, a disease that we do precisely nothing about. "

Precisely nothing except vaccinate against it every year

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

It's not just about deaths though is it? Long Covid is affecting hundreds of thousands of people. I know noone who has died of Covid but I do know people who are still suffering debilitating after effects months on from catching it

The South

Its "Only" 3 times as deadly as flu? "Only"?

How on earth can you say flu is a disease we do nothing about? Millions upon millions of people are vaccinated against the flu every year.

I'm still eye rolling at "Only" 3 times as deadly as flu.....

E

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

In the UK this year everyone over 50 was offered a free flu jab. How can you say we do nothing about flu ?

The South

"In the UK this year everyone over 50 was offered a free flu jab. How can you say we do nothing about flu ?"

I believe we've been doing "nothing about" the flu since the 1950s.

The things people say on these threads gets more daft as the days go by.

E

North Yorkshire

"For those who live alone this is solitary confinement one of the worst sort of punishment "

Unable to meet and converse with anybody. The right to peacefully protest evilly taken away.

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Day 273, and counting."

Can you do a voice over with that like big brother?

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

"For those who live alone this is solitary confinement one of the worst sort of punishment

Unable to meet and converse with anybody. The right to peacefully protest evilly taken away.

"

It is house arrest and so many people’s mental health is suffering so much.

"Day 273, and counting.

Also some people live alone, isolated, in normal times. No-one gave a crap about that until it affects them personally.

"Day 273, and counting.

Also some people live alone, isolated, in normal times. No-one gave a crap about that until it affects them personally. "

Whilst I get the sentiment I would disagree that nobody gives a crap.

I hate the blitz spirit idea! Of you actually delve deeper you’ll see that there wasn’t the happy spirit propaganda tells us. Huge numbers struggled with mental health and anxiety. It wasn’t all singing and smiling in the underground. No doubt in 59 years history will focus on the clapping and say our spirit kept us going.

West Wales

"I hate the blitz spirit idea! Of you actually delve deeper you’ll see that there wasn’t the happy spirit propaganda tells us. Huge numbers struggled with mental health and anxiety. It wasn’t all singing and smiling in the underground. No doubt in 59 years history will focus on the clapping and say our spirit kept us going."

Coming soon from Ronco (remember them?) These famous tunes & other rose tinted bullshit!

“The Krays only preyed on other criminals”

“You could leave your doors unlocked/open all day”

“Things were better in my day”

These & many more can be yours....but only if you can find sixteen shillings & sixpence.

S

Just want to add although the whole country had black outs ECT during the war the blitz only effected a small portion of the country with only about 14 city's actually getting bombed all were either vital ports or manufacturing city's and as great Britain had a mass evacuee program to the countryside the percentage of population that actually lived through the blitz was quite small really. My grandparents for example my grandma had a lovely time on a farm in Scotland which she said was one of the best times of her life and my grandad was a plotter on a raf base in Norfolk neither ever got effected by the blitz....

liverpool

"I hate the blitz spirit idea! Of you actually delve deeper you’ll see that there wasn’t the happy spirit propaganda tells us. Huge numbers struggled with mental health and anxiety. It wasn’t all singing and smiling in the underground. No doubt in 59 years history will focus on the clapping and say our spirit kept us going."

Some people need to cling onto myths

West Wales

"Just want to add although the whole country had black outs ECT during the war the blitz only effected a small portion of the country with only about 14 city's actually getting bombed all were either vital ports or manufacturing city's and as great Britain had a mass evacuee program to the countryside the percentage of population that actually lived through the blitz was quite small really. My grandparents for example my grandma had a lovely time on a farm in Scotland which she said was one of the best times of her life and my grandad was a plotter on a raf base in Norfolk neither ever got effected by the blitz...."

My dad was moved from East London to a farm in Kent, after listening to his stories of watching the dogfights above while sitting on haystacks I’m not 100% sure where he was safer & he was moved again a bit later. Got his join up papers & was shipped to North Africa just as WW2 came to an end & spent his service mainly recovering serviceable tanks.

Until a marked safe Sherman burst into flames while he was driving it back to his transporter. He was burnt from his shorts to his hairline so rarely went shirtless when out.

S

Until a Sherman tank

"Just want to add although the whole country had black outs ECT during the war the blitz only effected a small portion of the country with only about 14 city's actually getting bombed all were either vital ports or manufacturing city's and as great Britain had a mass evacuee program to the countryside the percentage of population that actually lived through the blitz was quite small really. My grandparents for example my grandma had a lovely time on a farm in Scotland which she said was one of the best times of her life and my grandad was a plotter on a raf base in Norfolk neither ever got effected by the blitz....

My dad was moved from East London to a farm in Kent, after listening to his stories of watching the dogfights above while sitting on haystacks I’m not 100% sure where he was safer & he was moved again a bit later. Got his join up papers & was shipped to North Africa just as WW2 came to an end & spent his service mainly recovering serviceable tanks.

Until a marked safe Sherman burst into flames while he was driving it back to his transporter. He was burnt from his shorts to his hairline so rarely went shirtless when out.

S

Until a Sherman tank"

It's nice knowing what grandparents did during the war my other grandad ended up on a navy ship just as the war finished he travelled all over the world Africa,India all sorts of places when his service ended he never went abroad again said he had seen enough England was by far better than anywhere else so why would he ever leave again.

Lockdown for life is a good thing if it saves just one life

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

Don’t talk rubbish. How many suicides would lock down for life cause.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"Lockdown for life is a good thing if it saves just one life "

I don't mean to sound callous but have you considered the absolute economic devastation a life in lockdown will cause? Are you willing to lose your job, home and ability to feed yourself to save 1 life? I know I'm not.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Day 273, and counting.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I hate the blitz spirit idea! Of you actually delve deeper you’ll see that there wasn’t the happy spirit propaganda tells us. Huge numbers struggled with mental health and anxiety. It wasn’t all singing and smiling in the underground. No doubt in 59 years history will focus on the clapping and say our spirit kept us going.

Some people need to cling onto myths"

Why do you hate a positive slant on things,yes they had mental problems and no help but survived and got on with life without taking stress pills people today are wimps.

Kids got taken away from parents in the war but turned out ok today people wonder how they will survive without seeing there mates it is pathetic today and teachers are very sad people in my view

South Normanton

"Lockdown for life is a good thing if it saves just one life

I don't mean to sound callous but have you considered the absolute economic devastation a life in lockdown will cause? Are you willing to lose your job, home and ability to feed yourself to save 1 life? I know I'm not."

Full lockdown is not even possible. Police, fire and Ambulance staff. Dustmen, supermarket staff, lorry drivers NHS staff care workers to name but a few people who can’t lockdown for life as was suggested.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Well, the virus was born in China...so technically.

South Normanton

[Removed by poster at 18/01/21 23:12:26]

Personally i predict a deluge of people emigrating out of the uk because of this covid and lockdowns. Those with the means and no commitments leaving to live some place else thats coped better or less infection risk.

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

"Lockdown for life is a good thing if it saves just one life

I don't mean to sound callous but have you considered the absolute economic devastation a life in lockdown will cause? Are you willing to lose your job, home and ability to feed yourself to save 1 life? I know I'm not."

Neither am I.

I am in awe at how good this terror propaganda is working on people. Lockdown for life?

"Lockdown for life is a good thing if it saves just one life "

Lockdown for life??

Shoot me now

liverpool

"I hate the blitz spirit idea! Of you actually delve deeper you’ll see that there wasn’t the happy spirit propaganda tells us. Huge numbers struggled with mental health and anxiety. It wasn’t all singing and smiling in the underground. No doubt in 59 years history will focus on the clapping and say our spirit kept us going.

Some people need to cling onto mythsWhy do you hate a positive slant on things,yes they had mental problems and no help but survived and got on with life without taking stress pills people today are wimps.

Kids got taken away from parents in the war but turned out ok today people wonder how they will survive without seeing there mates it is pathetic today and teachers are very sad people in my view"

Why are teachers sad?

"lockdown for life" who came up with that stupid idea ?? Lockdown is no life, so its not for any life, and quite frankly lockdown is a blunt instrument that certainly is not worth enduring to save thousands of lifes nevermind one. Folk need to toughen up.

"Day 273, and counting.

^^^^^^^^ Excellent Comment

We still have everything on our doorsteps, food/alcohol deliveries when ever we want and also being able to get fresh air for walks without the fear of air-strikes etc...

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

""lockdown for life" who came up with that stupid idea ?? Lockdown is no life, so its not for any life, and quite frankly lockdown is a blunt instrument that certainly is not worth enduring to save thousands of lifes nevermind one. Folk need to toughen up. "

It's not worth staying in your warm comfortable home, with mitigation in case you can't work, to stop even one person from slowly suffocating to death?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

""lockdown for life" who came up with that stupid idea ?? Lockdown is no life, so it is not for any life, and quite frankly lockdown is a blunt instrument that certainly is not worth enduring to save thousands of lives nevermind one. Folk need to toughen up. "

Consider Anne Frank lived in an attic for 2 years .. couldn't speak above a whisper or even flush the toilet.. no tv or Netflix etc .. we are not doing too bad really are we !.. just a case of everyone getting on with it and stop moaning ..

""lockdown for life" who came up with that stupid idea ?? Lockdown is no life, so it is not for any life, and quite frankly lockdown is a blunt instrument that certainly is not worth enduring to save thousands of lives nevermind one. Folk need to toughen up.

Consider Anne Frank lived in an attic for 2 years .. couldn't speak above a whisper or even flush the toilet.. no tv or Netflix etc .. we are not doing too bad really are we !.. just a case of everyone getting on with it and stop moaning .. "

Suggesting people stop moaning in the Room of Doom is pointless.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

""lockdown for life" who came up with that stupid idea ?? Lockdown is no life, so it is not for any life, and quite frankly lockdown is a blunt instrument that certainly is not worth enduring to save thousands of lives nevermind one. Folk need to toughen up.

Consider Anne Frank lived in an attic for 2 years .. couldn't speak above a whisper or even flush the toilet.. no tv or Netflix etc .. we are not doing too bad really are we !.. just a case of everyone getting on with it and stop moaning ..

Suggesting people stop moaning in the Room of Doom is pointless."

Room of Doom

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"For those who live alone this is solitary confinement one of the worst sort of punishment "

This is very true for many.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"For those who live alone this is solitary confinement one of the worst sort of punishment

This is very true for many."

Agree. It is very cruel and soul destroying.

By *rman82Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Agree. It is very cruel and soul destroying."

And a lot of these people are elderly we are allegedly trying to protect. Left in their homes with nothing but the BBC to watch and scare them half to death. If the virus doesn’t get then the depression and loneliness surely will.

stafford

This is very true for many."

For sure .. it's not ideal at all but I kind of feel like I am putting up with it for a good cause .. a the moment at least.

stafford

Suggesting people stop moaning in the Room of Doom is pointless."

Heheh .. a shot of light there into the darkness ! ..room of doom ! someone from FAB should rename the room I think !

Manchester (she/her)

And a lot of these people are elderly we are allegedly trying to protect. Left in their homes with nothing but the BBC to watch and scare them half to death. If the virus doesn’t get then the depression and loneliness surely will."

Fortunately there are charities working their butts off to help counteract this

We must all support this lockdown for life, it is building back better

Manchester

And a lot of these people are elderly we are allegedly trying to protect. Left in their homes with nothing but the BBC to watch and scare them half to death. If the virus doesn’t get then the depression and loneliness surely will.

Fortunately there are charities working their butts off to help counteract this "

Thank goodness for the charities that do this but it’s simply not enough, we live in ageing population, the charities couldn’t manage the caseload and lots of the old people, be it through pride or lack awareness simply don’t use the charities that are available. I can use my nana as an example, she tends to live her life as normal, she isn’t hiding in her house and thinks that she doesn’t have long left and won’t be scared into submission and spend her last years locked up. I worry that with the lockdown measures we aren’t allowing these elderly people the freedoms they deserve. People are not daft, my opinion is we end the lockdowns now and let people make their own mind up on how they live their lives.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

It seems never ending but there are so many worse off in the world than us. Just be grateful for what you have got instead of moping about what you are missing.

Manchester (she/her)

Thank goodness for the charities that do this but it’s simply not enough, we live in ageing population, the charities couldn’t manage the caseload and lots of the old people, be it through pride or lack awareness simply don’t use the charities that are available. I can use my nana as an example, she tends to live her life as normal, she isn’t hiding in her house and thinks that she doesn’t have long left and won’t be scared into submission and spend her last years locked up. I worry that with the lockdown measures we aren’t allowing these elderly people the freedoms they deserve. People are not daft, my opinion is we end the lockdowns now and let people make their own mind up on how they live their lives."

We are doing all we can and the people we serve are grateful. And tend to agree that locking down is better than the potential risk. They're much more aware of the danger of infectious disease, having lived it themselves.

One hundred percent of the people I serve would reject what you're saying.

Manchester

Thank goodness for the charities that do this but it’s simply not enough, we live in ageing population, the charities couldn’t manage the caseload and lots of the old people, be it through pride or lack awareness simply don’t use the charities that are available. I can use my nana as an example, she tends to live her life as normal, she isn’t hiding in her house and thinks that she doesn’t have long left and won’t be scared into submission and spend her last years locked up. I worry that with the lockdown measures we aren’t allowing these elderly people the freedoms they deserve. People are not daft, my opinion is we end the lockdowns now and let people make their own mind up on how they live their lives.

We are doing all we can and the people we serve are grateful. And tend to agree that locking down is better than the potential risk. They're much more aware of the danger of infectious disease, having lived it themselves.

One hundred percent of the people I serve would reject what you're saying. "

I accept your opinion but could find 100% of another group of elderly people that would agree with me. I’m not trying to diminish the work you do, I think it’s great but in my opinion, these people would be just as much at risk from the flu and locking them up, preventing them from seeing their families, is a lot worse for them in the last years of their life.

"Day 273, and counting.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!"i get the point you are trying to make but the blitz spirit was built on camaraderie without the social distancing and isolation. there might have been nothing in the shops but the shops were open. i’m not sure its a good comparison. my mental heakth would be far better if i could bunker down .with my friends neighbours and family "

Like having your children evacuated to the countryside? Losing your husband to overseas service? I think let’s not underestimate the psychological strain of 1940’s Britain

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe if you're so desperate to help the elderly, you can volunteer. We're really short handed and stretched to breaking point.

Because I'm sure you mean well, but "end lockdown and let people make their own choices" is almost indistinguishable from "increase the background disease burden, frighten the elderly further, and cause more of them to end up suffocating to death because they dared be independent enough to get their own milk and bread". And, despite how much we're all yearning to go out for a night on the town, that would be pretty barbaric and selfish, wouldn't it?

Manchester

"Maybe if you're so desperate to help the elderly, you can volunteer. We're really short handed and stretched to breaking point.

Because I'm sure you mean well, but "end lockdown and let people make their own choices" is almost indistinguishable from "increase the background disease burden, frighten the elderly further, and cause more of them to end up suffocating to death because they dared be independent enough to get their own milk and bread". And, despite how much we're all yearning to go out for a night on the town, that would be pretty barbaric and selfish, wouldn't it? "

I think you have misunderstood what I said. If you think by going and getting their own bread and milk they are going to suffocate to death then you are sadly mistaken. This irrational fear really doesn’t help. This virus has a 95% survival rate for the over 70s and that’s without any medical intervention. What I’m saying is they should be able to make their own choices, if they want to stay in and be protected then we should have things in place to allow this, but if not, they should be able to live their lives as normal.

Manchester (she/her)

"Maybe if you're so desperate to help the elderly, you can volunteer. We're really short handed and stretched to breaking point.

Because I'm sure you mean well, but "end lockdown and let people make their own choices" is almost indistinguishable from "increase the background disease burden, frighten the elderly further, and cause more of them to end up suffocating to death because they dared be independent enough to get their own milk and bread". And, despite how much we're all yearning to go out for a night on the town, that would be pretty barbaric and selfish, wouldn't it?

I think you have misunderstood what I said. If you think by going and getting their own bread and milk they are going to suffocate to death then you are sadly mistaken. This irrational fear really doesn’t help. This virus has a 95% survival rate for the over 70s and that’s without any medical intervention. What I’m saying is they should be able to make their own choices, if they want to stay in and be protected then we should have things in place to allow this, but if not, they should be able to live their lives as normal."

My experience as a long term volunteer with the elderly suggests that you're mistaken about their priorities and their feelings on public health.

My background reading on "focused protection", which is opening up except the extremely vulnerable (per the Great Barrington Declaration) suggests that as the background level of disease rises, the easier it is for protection to be broken.

So all in all lockdown is going to ease their fears until we find a way out.

I'm sure, as someone with the interests of the elderly in mind and not as someone who wants to party because you assume you'll be fine, you'll both understand and look for a local charity where you can support our brave elders as they find their way through this difficult time. It's wonderfully life affirming, good for the soul

Manchester

I think you have misunderstood what I said. If you think by going and getting their own bread and milk they are going to suffocate to death then you are sadly mistaken. This irrational fear really doesn’t help. This virus has a 95% survival rate for the over 70s and that’s without any medical intervention. What I’m saying is they should be able to make their own choices, if they want to stay in and be protected then we should have things in place to allow this, but if not, they should be able to live their lives as normal.

My experience as a long term volunteer with the elderly suggests that you're mistaken about their priorities and their feelings on public health.

My background reading on "focused protection", which is opening up except the extremely vulnerable (per the Great Barrington Declaration) suggests that as the background level of disease rises, the easier it is for protection to be broken.

I'm sure, as someone with the interests of the elderly in mind and not as someone who wants to party because you assume you'll be fine, you'll both understand and look for a local charity where you can support our brave elders as they find their way through this difficult time. It's wonderfully life affirming, good for the soul "

I’d have to disagree that it ‘eases their fears’, I think locking down only heightens the fear. If we had followed the Great Barrington Declaration we would have built up a herd immunity amongst the young and healthy, which in turn would protect the old and vulnerable.

I couldn’t care less about going out and partying, I care about the elderly being denied their freedoms and being told by people who think they know better how to live their lives.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure, as someone with the interests of the elderly in mind and not as someone who wants to party because you assume you'll be fine, you'll both understand and look for a local charity where you can support our brave elders as they find their way through this difficult time. It's wonderfully life affirming, good for the soul

I’d have to disagree that it ‘eases their fears’, I think locking down only heightens the fear. If we had followed the Great Barrington Declaration we would have built up a herd immunity amongst the young and healthy, which in turn would protect the old and vulnerable.

I couldn’t care less about going out and partying, I care about the elderly being denied their freedoms and being told by people who think they know better how to live their lives."

Then you'll be most assured that the people I care for want the disease burden brought down and are quite content being safe at home. Rest assured they're in full agreement with lockdown, and regard the "freedom" to go out in a world that's currently very dangerous as a right not worth having. They're also very grateful for the NHS and very concerned about the knock on effects that the increased hospitalisations will have on the brave staff.

They are not particularly scared, they're tougher than most people I know my age. They're resilient, brave, and community minded. Also unlike most people my age, they know how damaging unchecked infectious diseases can be, and are very grateful that the technology and resources exist to be able to shield many of us from it.

We can all learn lessons from these brave wonderful souls. I look forward to hearing about you embarking on your voluntary work, as you clearly care so very much about their needs during this difficult time.

Manchester

I couldn’t care less about going out and partying, I care about the elderly being denied their freedoms and being told by people who think they know better how to live their lives.

Then you'll be most assured that the people I care for want the disease burden brought down and are quite content being safe at home. Rest assured they're in full agreement with lockdown, and regard the "freedom" to go out in a world that's currently very dangerous as a right not worth having. They're also very grateful for the NHS and very concerned about the knock on effects that the increased hospitalisations will have on the brave staff.

They are not particularly scared, they're tougher than most people I know my age. They're resilient, brave, and community minded. Also unlike most people my age, they know how damaging unchecked infectious diseases can be, and are very grateful that the technology and resources exist to be able to shield many of us from it.

We can all learn lessons from these brave wonderful souls. I look forward to hearing about you embarking on your voluntary work, as you clearly care so very much about their needs during this difficult time. "

I wouldn’t want to disregard the opinions of the people you work with but I could find plenty of ‘resilient, brave, and community minded’ Elderly people that would disagree, that do want their freedom back and do want to live as normal a life as possible in the later years of their lives. Socialising with Friends, seeing and their families and loved ones and not being told what’s best for them.

If I did volunteer I certainly wouldn’t go around telling everyone what a wonderful job I’m doing, I’d probably just keep it to myself.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh yes, silly me, I forget, virtue signalling is a greater threat to society than global warming, cancer, and obesity combined. My bad

Although my experience indicates that sharing voluntary work highlights the need for it and encourages others to do the same. I'd recommend it

Fortunately there's standards society lives by. The ones we all rely on to keep our food and water from making us sick, our houses at low risk of collapse, etc. Ones we usually like. These apply in this circumstance too, and it's not a popularity contest. Particularly not when it's not just about you. I mean you could get someone to construct an illegal dwelling that might fall down and kill you, it's a free country and all of that, but whether we like it or not, we've given the responsibility of working out community safety to others, who think Covid is an immediate threat. No matter what you or however many elderly people you can find to agree with you

Manchester

"Oh yes, silly me, I forget, virtue signalling is a greater threat to society than global warming, cancer, and obesity combined. My bad

Although my experience indicates that sharing voluntary work highlights the need for it and encourages others to do the same. I'd recommend it

Fortunately there's standards society lives by. The ones we all rely on to keep our food and water from making us sick, our houses at low risk of collapse, etc. Ones we usually like. These apply in this circumstance too, and it's not a popularity contest. Particularly not when it's not just about you. I mean you could get someone to construct an illegal dwelling that might fall down and kill you, it's a free country and all of that, but whether we like it or not, we've given the responsibility of working out community safety to others, who think Covid is an immediate threat. No matter what you or however many elderly people you can find to agree with you "

And I disagree with these measures. I think we still live in a democratic country (just about) where we can debate these things. I just don’t think locking people up, young or old, is the answer. I think it’s cruel and as I said at the very start these lockdowns have a worse effect than the virus ever could. That is of course my opinion. It doesn’t mean I care any more or less about the elderly than you do...

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh yes, silly me, I forget, virtue signalling is a greater threat to society than global warming, cancer, and obesity combined. My bad

Fortunately there's standards society lives by. The ones we all rely on to keep our food and water from making us sick, our houses at low risk of collapse, etc. Ones we usually like. These apply in this circumstance too, and it's not a popularity contest. Particularly not when it's not just about you. I mean you could get someone to construct an illegal dwelling that might fall down and kill you, it's a free country and all of that, but whether we like it or not, we've given the responsibility of working out community safety to others, who think Covid is an immediate threat. No matter what you or however many elderly people you can find to agree with you

And I disagree with these measures. I think we still live in a democratic country (just about) where we can debate these things. I just don’t think locking people up, young or old, is the answer. I think it’s cruel and as I said at the very start these lockdowns have a worse effect than the virus ever could. That is of course my opinion. It doesn’t mean I care any more or less about the elderly than you do... "

I'm pretty sure these things have been studied, and I'm sure if you searched on Google scholar you could find some indication of the effect these measures. (Although of course you'd need to ensure that your source analysis is high level and you don't inadvertently bring in your own bias in doing so)

Manchester

And I disagree with these measures. I think we still live in a democratic country (just about) where we can debate these things. I just don’t think locking people up, young or old, is the answer. I think it’s cruel and as I said at the very start these lockdowns have a worse effect than the virus ever could. That is of course my opinion. It doesn’t mean I care any more or less about the elderly than you do...

I'm pretty sure these things have been studied, and I'm sure if you searched on Google scholar you could find some indication of the effect these measures. (Although of course you'd need to ensure that your source analysis is high level and you don't inadvertently bring in your own bias in doing so)"

Finally something we agree on. Both sides of the argument should bear this in mind.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I couldn’t care less about going out and partying, I care about the elderly being denied their freedoms and being told by people who think they know better how to live their lives."

Ah, the old “herd immunity” bullshit again... To achieve herd immunity (obviously ignoring potential mutation risk thanks to greater transmission) would have resulted in 700,000 deaths if we assume just a 1% lethality rate.... not to mention 2 to 3 times that many that would end up with lifelong damage but survived... get a grip

Manchester (she/her)

I'm pretty sure these things have been studied, and I'm sure if you searched on Google scholar you could find some indication of the effect these measures. (Although of course you'd need to ensure that your source analysis is high level and you don't inadvertently bring in your own bias in doing so)

Finally something we agree on. Both sides of the argument should bear this in mind. "

As someone with close to a decade's training in critical thinking and source analysis, it's not left my mind yet

Manchester

Ah, the old “herd immunity” bullshit again... To achieve herd immunity (obviously ignoring potential mutation risk thanks to greater transmission) would have resulted in 700,000 deaths if we assume just a 1% lethality rate.... not to mention 2 to 3 times that many that would end up with lifelong damage but survived... get a grip"

Calm down dear, you should really do your homework on T cell immunity...and the fact that lots of folk have already built up an immunity, prior to Covid19, from contracting one of the other coronaviruses that have been around for years. This makes the stats and numbers you have mentioned completely redundant as they do not account for that. Herd immunity is real. Believe it or not, our immune systems actually work. You get exposed to something and your body builds up antibodies to fight it thus making you immune. The fact that there is a 99.8% survival rate for the under 60s for Covid 19 suggests herd immunity was definitely achievable for this virus.

Manchester (she/her)

Ah, the old “herd immunity” bullshit again... To achieve herd immunity (obviously ignoring potential mutation risk thanks to greater transmission) would have resulted in 700,000 deaths if we assume just a 1% lethality rate.... not to mention 2 to 3 times that many that would end up with lifelong damage but survived... get a grip

Calm down dear, you should really do your homework on T cell immunity...and the fact that lots of folk have already built up an immunity, prior to Covid19, from contracting one of the other coronaviruses that have been around for years. This makes the stats and numbers you have mentioned completely redundant as they do not account for that. Herd immunity is real. Believe it or not, our immune systems actually work. You get exposed to something and your body builds up antibodies to fight it thus making you immune. The fact that there is a 99.8% survival rate for the under 60s for Covid 19 suggests herd immunity was definitely achievable for this virus."

How has that gone for Sweden, or Manaus (Brazil)?

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Calm down dear, you should really do your homework on T cell immunity...and the fact that lots of folk have already built up an immunity, prior to Covid19, from contracting one of the other coronaviruses that have been around for years. This makes the stats and numbers you have mentioned completely redundant as they do not account for that. Herd immunity is real. Believe it or not, our immune systems actually work. You get exposed to something and your body builds up antibodies to fight it thus making you immune. The fact that there is a 99.8% survival rate for the under 60s for Covid 19 suggests herd immunity was definitely achievable for this virus."

So why has this hypothesis been completely rejected by the WHO and all leading scientists?... perhaps you could give us your credentials in virology or communicable diseases to prove you know more than them?

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

No, thank god, but we've got a rough idea how some folks would act if we were.

Manchester (she/her)

No, thank god, but we've got a rough idea how some folks would act if we were. "

Yes.

For the rest of us, we count our blessings, we do our best, and we look after each other

We stay apart so that when we meet again, no more of us are missing.

Lest we forget.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Day 273, and counting.

They'd probably say "You are off to really good start, hang in there sunshine, go and watch some Netflix and order something nice from the local takeaway or online delivery. Good job!"i get the point you are trying to make but the blitz spirit was built on camaraderie without the social distancing and isolation. there might have been nothing in the shops but the shops were open. i’m not sure its a good comparison. my mental heakth would be far better if i could bunker down .with my friends neighbours and family "

Personally, I feel our mental health would slightly more fragile knowing when we sleep tonight a bomb could come crashing through our roof or a neighbours and we would be blown to bits.

I rather have Paul working from home and me front line.

Take care.

Manchester

Calm down dear, you should really do your homework on T cell immunity...and the fact that lots of folk have already built up an immunity, prior to Covid19, from contracting one of the other coronaviruses that have been around for years. This makes the stats and numbers you have mentioned completely redundant as they do not account for that. Herd immunity is real. Believe it or not, our immune systems actually work. You get exposed to something and your body builds up antibodies to fight it thus making you immune. The fact that there is a 99.8% survival rate for the under 60s for Covid 19 suggests herd immunity was definitely achievable for this virus.

So why has this hypothesis been completely rejected by the WHO and all leading scientists?... perhaps you could give us your credentials in virology or communicable diseases to prove you know more than them?"

Really, Well perhaps you could point me to a credible source of this being debunked?? I wouldn’t call the WHO a credible source though, these are the guys that changed there guidelines with regards to lockdowns after China had implemented a lockdown, never before in history has lockdowns been used in a pandemic. I think they might be a little bit corrupt but that is of course just my opinion.... but go on? Do tell? Who denies T cell immunity??? And why are so many people testing positive but have no symptoms of the virus?