FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Overreaction or not?

Overreaction or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andT2020 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gods Country

What are peoples thoughts, cautious risk management or complete overreaction?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"What are peoples thoughts, cautious risk management or complete overreaction?

"

Whats your thoughts OP?

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Overreaction.

Badly thought out policies which don't address the root causes or main hotspots of infection but instead scapegoat particular industries and close certain places despite overwhelming evidence that they are not responsible for any outbreak whatsoever.

I genuinely worry that the ham fisted measures taken will cause more death and ill health (mental and physical) in the longer term than Covid ever would, even if left unchecked to run loose.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Overreaction.

Badly thought out policies which don't address the root causes or main hotspots of infection but instead scapegoat particular industries and close certain places despite overwhelming evidence that they are not responsible for any outbreak whatsoever.

I genuinely worry that the ham fisted measures taken will cause more death and ill health (mental and physical) in the longer term than Covid ever would, even if left unchecked to run loose."

Fully agree it will! X

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I don't think its overreaction its too slow to contain the virus, 500 people are dyeing a day !

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"I don't think its overreaction its too slow to contain the virus, 500 people are dyeing a day ! "

Exactly. This government has been too slow to react for most of the pandemic allowing it to get out of hand then trying to pull back instead of dealing with it when it's smaller. So not an overreaction for me.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Something serious needed to be done. Day 1 in tier 4, not even 9am yet and 4 meet requests. Things are getting tough overall, just wish appropriate punishments were being dished out otherwise people will keep spreading the virus.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Something serious needed to be done. Day 1 in tier 4, not even 9am yet and 4 meet requests. Things are getting tough overall, just wish appropriate punishments were being dished out otherwise people will keep spreading the virus."

I can't disagree but what would you say are 'appropriate punishments'?

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"Something serious needed to be done. Day 1 in tier 4, not even 9am yet and 4 meet requests. Things are getting tough overall, just wish appropriate punishments were being dished out otherwise people will keep spreading the virus.

I can't disagree but what would you say are 'appropriate punishments'?

"

Large fines as once they are dished out it will deter others. I wouldnt be averse to jail time for rave organisers and the like.

By *hil_SW19Man  over a year ago

Raynes Park

If only we had a government able to lead not try to play to the media

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

This is something I have said since it all began the risk needs to put way the reward and it currently does not.

The chance of being caught combined with such a low fine is not enough to put people off. The fines should start at a grand and none of this trying to advice people first. A zero tolerance approach is the only way to curb the rule breaking.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Overreaction.

I genuinely worry that the ham fisted measures taken will cause more death and ill health (mental and physical) in the longer term than Covid ever would, even if left unchecked to run loose."

Totally agree

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The mental health and domestic abuse fall out will far out way this any covid spreading.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Something serious needed to be done. Day 1 in tier 4, not even 9am yet and 4 meet requests. Things are getting tough overall, just wish appropriate punishments were being dished out otherwise people will keep spreading the virus."

We had lors of requests to meet. Since we joined mainly off single guys which is why we blocked them totally. Even cpls have asked to meet up. Not worth the risk but people cannot see it past their sexual needs. John.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If only we had a government able to lead not try to play to the media"

This^^^^. john

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

The Government has been reactive to Covid rather than pro active so it waits then reacts to it rather than pro actively using prevention measures.

Other countries that have done well in battling Covid are mainly those that are authoritarian or where the population have faith in the Government.

The UK is more Libertarian (even Boris errs towards Libertarianism) and a majority have little or no faith in the political establishment.

Basically the more dictatorial a Government the more likely that Covid is going to be defended against successfully.

I guess it all comes down to how you wish to live.

» Add a new message to this topic