FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Bizarre!!

Bizarre!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andy2123 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

We live in the town of Gosport Hampshire,

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't knew what the infection rates have been there. Perhaps you could find them from the government? We tend to move within circles of people who are similar to ourselves, so you'll typically have clusters of similarity, including health behaviours and outcomes.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????."

Think its same everywhere my eldest daughter had it at the beginning but is only one I know of x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"OK there's a lot who will come up with reply to this, that's fine, but I'm talking fact here, not hearsay.

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????."

same.

Get your tin hat on ready though OP

ashford

What we don't understand is, we live in a town with a population of 80,000,why don't we, or our many family or friends, know Anybody who has had the virus, and I'm going back to the beginning. I'm not saying it's not around, but we have been put in tier 4 now, but no one here knows anybody who has had it????????.

same.

Get your tin hat on ready though OP "

Yup he gonna need it! Very brave man! X

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Not really surprising

Gosport. cases 1,375 pop 84,838

You would have to know 62 to find one that has it.

Actually even the 62 is a false figure - that's statistics for you however.

It is entirely conceivable that you could meet 84,836.625 and not meet one of the 1,375 infected at all.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

This seems to be commonly said yet in England alone the number of confirmed cases is currently 1.7 million..

So whilst some areas are less populated I do tend to think such claims however genuinely believed don't reflect the reality..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I live in GOSPORT both myself and my wife have had it.

There is al lot around,I'm guessing it depends on chance really, this time next week you could know half a dozen people who test positive.

Hopefully not tho,I wouldn't wish this thing on my worst enemy.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To be fair, it is quite probably that you just don't know the right people, I personally know at least 30 people who have had it. I also know a few who have serious ongoing issues and two people who have lost a family member too it. I also know people who say they "don't know anyone who's had it" in the same town.

Cal

You also may have had it yourself asymptotically.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

You've asked this, word for word on another thread.

Asked and answered.

E

The South

"Actually even the 62 is a false figure - that's statistics for you however.

It is entirely conceivable that you could meet 84,836.625 and not meet one of the 1,375 infected at all.

"

Exel spreadsheet?

E

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 12:57:04]

Exel spreadsheet?

E"

Lol. I was good at Math.

By *he fab twoCouple  over a year ago

brentwood

The virus is real but certainly not the killer pandemic it’s being sold as!

Why ain’t we seeing lots of posts on face book of people who have died or funerals on the road?

"The virus is real but certainly not the killer pandemic it’s being sold as!

Why ain’t we seeing lots of posts on face book of people who have died or funerals on the road?"

Perhaps it's because you don't know everyone on facebook?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

There are 70m people in the UK. Of that 67,000 have died from covid. Are you really surprised you don't know anyone?

People win the lottery every week, I've yet to meet anyone who has won a substantial amount of money from it, doesn't mean it hasn't been won.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

There are 70m people in the UK. Of that 67,000 have died from covid. Are you really surprised you don't know anyone?

People win the lottery every week, I've yet to meet anyone who has won a substantial amount of money from it, doesn't mean it hasn't been won."

What is Gosports local newspaper? If you are reading it each evening I'm sure it mentions deaths of Gosport residents. Therefore, you do know people - even by proxy - that have had it.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Why ain’t we seeing lots of posts on face book of people who have died or funerals on the road?"

67,000 extra deaths..

Pretty sure for the families of those poor sods it's been lethal..

The South

Exel spreadsheet?

E

Lol. I was good at Math. "

I don't have enough fingers and toes to work that out.

E

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

So, as long as you can't see it from your house it's not real.

So, as long as you can't see it from your house it's not real."

The op didn’t say that. Tie your high horse up over by the saloon.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

There are plenty of funerals believe me the crem here is taking some of them in the back door without a service and i live in an area with relatively low cases to some parts.

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 14:51:52]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

same."

It is the same here and as well in sweden

ashford

So, as long as you can't see it from your house it's not real."

I dont think there is anyone who thinks it's not real! Read the post correctly! X

ashford

People win the lottery every week, I've yet to meet anyone who has won a substantial amount of money from it, doesn't mean it hasn't been won."

x

By *eard-lincolnMan  over a year ago

market rasen

Maybe ask the horny woman you are looking for in your status . She if she knows any

couple, us we him her.

What a heartless and frankly insensitive post.

Have you thought that perhaps some people are grieving and want to mourn the loss of their loved ones and don't feel the need to plaster it all over social media?

I work in a warehouse in the Black Country, about 50 of us work there , we have had 19 people off with Covid since April, one bloke at work has lost he’s mum and dad to Covid , neighbours have had it on both sides , it’s definitely out there ,

By *uriouslatexTV/TS  over a year ago

Norfolk

Why ain’t we seeing lots of posts on face book of people who have died or funerals on the road?

What a heartless and frankly insensitive post.

Have you thought that perhaps some people are grieving and want to mourn the loss of their loved ones and don't feel the need to plaster it all over social media?"

But remember, if people don't put it on social media, it cant be true or happening. We need to promote these covid funerals on social media!

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

here are some facts for you op, I live in Gosport and I’ve had it. I know 10 others in the town that have had it, and 2 of my elderly neighbours have it now.

Totally agree, there’s lies being told from the top to the bottom.....It’s being over exaggerated ! I don’t know why, but I have my own opinion.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

2 weeks ago I did not know anyone that had it either. Now I know over a dozen that have it with 1 of those now in hospital

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

So, as long as you can't see it from your house it's not real.

I dont think there is anyone who thinks it's not real! Read the post correctly! X"

Lets go through it line by line

First they call the topic Bizarre, which I understand to be mean very strange or unusal.

Next they say while live in a town of approx 80,000 why haven't they or any of their acquaintances aren't personally familiar with anyone that has had the virus, and know what's even more remarkable the area they live in has been placed under tier 4 restrictions.

Finishing the post with a series of question marks indicates they are questioning the necessity of tier 4 restrictions.

So to summarise, it hasn't affected them or their acquaintances so far so why the need for tier 4 restrictions, in other words they can't see it from their house....

I know people tested positive but not anyone who has been seriously ill from it. Which admittedly doesn't mean a lot in the grand scheme of things

couple, us we him her.

One of the main reasons why Gosport is on the naughty list is because for a small town with such a large population there is intact very little in the way of employment.

So at a rough guess I would say approximately 80% of the working population of the town travel out most by car.

Out of those a huge percentage are navy and travel round and into Portsmouth or to Collingwood.

So whilst relatively small the ability to spread the virus is pretty big.

That's my guess anyway.

It's overcrowded and infrastructure is piss poor.

The only saving grace is public transport is shocking and almost everyone drive's out of town usually 1 person per car , very little in the way of car sharing.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Jeez you best call Chris whitty and tell him you don't know anyone who's had it. He'll probably advise to put the area in a lower tier then.

ashford

Totally agree, there’s lies being told from the top to the bottom.....It’s being over exaggerated ! I don’t know why, but I have my own opinion."

Yes I have mine 2 but would never share it for fear of retaliation here! x

Nailed it.

By *jhj69Couple  over a year ago

sale

Totally agree, there’s lies being told from the top to the bottom.....It’s being over exaggerated ! I don’t know why, but I have my own opinion."

2 questions

1) what’s the purpose of this over exaggeration

2) who is coordinating this global lie

liverpool

Totally agree, there’s lies being told from the top to the bottom.....It’s being over exaggerated ! I don’t know why, but I have my own opinion.

2 questions

"

Its a tricky one if it's been over exaggerated but its been very convenient.

They were told to do this 2 weeks ago and flaty ignored it.

They have known about this for weeks.

The South

Totally agree, there’s lies being told from the top to the bottom.....

It’s being over exaggerated ! I don’t know why, but I have my own opinion."

Care to share?

E

By *jhj69Couple  over a year ago

sale

2 questions

They have known about this for weeks."

I agree they’ve been incompetent. However I’m struggling to work out why people think that they someone want to convince people more people are dying than really are. What do you think the end game is?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

2 questions

"

It beggars belief that educated people believe this kind of crap. No wonder he wants to keep the schools open probably shocked at how stupid some people are wants to improve it.

liverpool

2 questions

They have known about this for weeks.

I agree they’ve been incompetent. However I’m struggling to work out why people think that they someone want to convince people more people are dying than really are. What do you think the end game is? "

I dont think they are exaggerating the death figures..I just think they have used this "mutant strain 'as a way to pin the blame on something,which covers them acting too late again.

» Add a new message to this topic