FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Pariah's

Pariah's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Holland, Belgium, France and Germany banning flights from the UK..

What's going on here ?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *allBristolManMan  over a year ago

nowhere

We've got a new virus variant that's highly contagious. I'd have thought that was obvious

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

New strain off covid was found in London the other day may have something to do with it

Chelmsford

And Mr Witty said there was no evidence that the new vaccine would not work against it. Here we go again...

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Wait until 1st January when the rest of the EU automatically joins them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46627083

Unless a deal is done, which is unlikely

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Travel is a risk during a pandemic. Different populations pose different risks.

Chelmsford

"Travel is a risk during a pandemic. Different populations pose different risks. "

Well millions have fleed the capital.. they will help it spread all over no doubt..

Manchester (she/her)

"Travel is a risk during a pandemic. Different populations pose different risks.

Well millions have fleed the capital.. they will help it spread all over no doubt..

"

Well, personal responsibility I suppose. I'm keeping my germs to myself, all I can do. My world is a square mile.

Other countries are taking responsibility for their populations by trying to remove the risk of this variant to them.

Chelmsford

Has anyone noticed that when Essex Tom days that there is a new varient and it's dangerous that he is shouted down.. two days later when Europe's governments say it's dangerous then they are responsible..

WAKE UP PEOPLES !

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

This NEW? strain of virus was discovered mid September in London it puzzles me that they are just announcing it now and Hancock on tv this morning saying he has only just heard about it which I very much doubt.

Manchester (she/her)

"Has anyone noticed that when Essex Tom days that there is a new varient and it's dangerous that he is shouted down.. two days later when Europe's governments say it's dangerous then they are responsible..

WAKE UP PEOPLES ! "

I haven't been in the virus forum lately.

I've heard what has been said on the news. Personally, it doesn't change anything for me (unless/ until further restrictions hit my area), because I've been taking this seriously all along and can't fathom getting on a plane for any reason bar an extreme emergency right now.

Chelmsford

"Has anyone noticed that when Essex Tom days that there is a new varient and it's dangerous that he is shouted down.. two days later when Europe's governments say it's dangerous then they are responsible..

WAKE UP PEOPLES !

I've heard what has been said on the news. Personally, it doesn't change anything for me (unless/ until further restrictions hit my area), because I've been taking this seriously all along and can't fathom getting on a plane for any reason bar an extreme emergency right now."

Are you an airline hostess on the sick?

Manchester (she/her)

WAKE UP PEOPLES !

I've heard what has been said on the news. Personally, it doesn't change anything for me (unless/ until further restrictions hit my area), because I've been taking this seriously all along and can't fathom getting on a plane for any reason bar an extreme emergency right now.

Are you an airline hostess on the sick?"

If it were my job it might be a different story!

Chelmsford

WAKE UP PEOPLES !

Are you an airline hostess on the sick?

If it were my job it might be a different story!"

Or should I say..

Are WE an airline hostess on the sick...

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"This NEW? strain of virus was discovered mid September in London it puzzles me that they are just announcing it now and Hancock on tv this morning saying he has only just heard about it which I very much doubt.

"

I've seen that.As Ian Duncan Smith said, if this is the case then heads should roll.

Strange how it's (alledgedly) been around for so long yet hasn't made it out of the South East and London yet! Maybe it got lost navigating the London Underground?

Chelmsford

"This NEW? strain of virus was discovered mid September in London it puzzles me that they are just announcing it now and Hancock on tv this morning saying he has only just heard about it which I very much doubt.

I've seen that.As Ian Duncan Smith said, if this is the case then heads should roll.

Strange how it's (alledgedly) been around for so long yet hasn't made it out of the South East and London yet! Maybe it got lost navigating the London Underground?

"

Beware...mark my words it's spreading to a town near you soon....

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

What do we need to beware of exactly? If people are following current guidance...

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

The Goverment were told of the scientist's conclusions of the strength, and how dangerous this strain was, on Friday.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Isn't it funny that had the UK said it wasn't going to ban travel into the UK because of the new strain of virus - so many would have been screaming SHAMBLES!!!

Chelmsford

"What do we need to beware of exactly? If people are following current guidance..."

Hahahaha

We followed the last guidance..

Has that worked ?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Not just the UK BTW . . .

Commenting on the strain, Dr Eric Feigl-Ding said: "New more worrisome South Africa strain: the new 501.V2 variant has troubling details as it seems to spread faster, has a higher viral load and possibly more severe among young adults."

By *ikingpairCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"What do we need to beware of exactly? If people are following current guidance...

Hahahaha

We followed the last guidance..

Has that worked ?"

Well I think the point is that many didn't follow it... .

Chelmsford

"Not just the UK BTW . . .

Commenting on the strain, Dr Eric Feigl-Ding said: "New more worrisome South Africa strain: the new 501.V2 variant has troubling details as it seems to spread faster, has a higher viral load and possibly more severe among young adults.""

Thank you..

At last someone gets it..

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

How can it spread with everyone wearing facemasks

Chelmsford

"How can it spread with everyone wearing facemasks "

Well it does and we do..

Does that help

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

I'm no conspiracy theorist but I agree

They have known about this for weeks and there is no evidence it's any more contagious

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They have known about this for weeks and there is no evidence it's any more contagious "

It's the old cos the south is having a spike let's fuck everyone's crimbo up..

That'll teach them ..

Chelmsford

They have known about this for weeks and there is no evidence it's any more contagious "

But more people catching so more will die or suffer long covid presumably..

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"We've got a new virus variant that's highly contagious. I'd have thought that was obvious "

You would think.

liverpool

They have known about this for weeks and there is no evidence it's any more contagious

That'll teach them .."

Remember all them jibes when it spiked up here.?

liverpool

But more people catching so more will die or suffer long covid presumably.."

But they have known about it for weeks

in Lancashire

That'll teach them ..

Remember all them jibes when it spiked up here.?"

All in it together now though...

Chelmsford

That'll teach them .."

Life is tougher up north.. low wages, poor diet, poor housing, mills and pits closed. I would not visit again after the last time but they are resilient..

I actually like northerners..

Salt of the earth ...

Bham

Surely you know the boy who cried wolf.

liverpool

That'll teach them ..

All in it together now though... "

Chelmsford

"Surely you know the boy who cried wolf. "

Yes.. he was eaten by the evil bugger...

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Holland, Belgium, France and Germany banning flights from the UK..

What's going on here ?"

It has been common practice since the virus emerged (and many other viruses in the past), it's an obvious choice to reduce the opportunity of importing a virus.

in Lancashire

That'll teach them ..

Life is tougher up north.. low wages, poor diet, poor housing, mills and pits closed. I would not visit again after the last time but they are resilient..

I actually like northerners..

Salt of the earth ..."

Dunno Tom spent most of my working life in Surrey..

Some of what you mention are endemic nationwide apart from the pits etc..

We welcome pretty much everyone here, well up till last night..

Chelmsford

Sky news reporting that this is now an English Virus..

Trump called it the China virus but fast mutating to be the English virus

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Sky news reporting that this is now an English Virus..

Trump called it the China virus but fast mutating to be the English virus

"

There are other notable variations to the virus in other countries too. A virus will mutate once in every seven cell divisions, that is why there are literally thousands of variations around the world.

Beware...mark my words it's spreading to a town near you soon...."

How about stating something thats blatantly obvious.

There's been a few mutated strains about. When they find them there's no guarantee that's where it originated. Quite likely with the way many here behave towards this virus it's been brought into that area.

When you look at how people decided to travel out of London, it clearly demonstrates their lack of understanding how the virus spreads and the lack of concern for other people's health.

I roll my eyes at how so many 'intelligent' seem to blame the government as if they are the ones who are in control of they are the ones causing the spread.

People need to wake up and it looks like thousands and thousands more will die before people realise they are the spreaders and essentially the killers in all this by their own selfish attitudes.

No surprise other countries are restricting travel from here and it makes common sense.

Chelmsford

Agreed.. london travellers amongst the most selfish..

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Chip everyone, and if found they're moving outside their lockdown zone, fine them heavily. Instead of spending millions on adverts, surely this could be done?? As in Portugal, every car is chipped to recognise them on the motorways.

Chelmsford

I agree.. why anyone wants to live there is beyond me..

A cesspit of shit now being spread

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Chip everyone, and if found they're moving outside their lockdown zone, fine them heavily. Instead of spending millions on adverts, surely this could be done?? As in Portugal, every car is chipped to recognise them on the motorways. "

Hahaha chip everyone. Like the governments would love that and you're now suggesting it. Classic

"Agreed.. london travellers amongst the most selfish.. "

Not any different from the rest tbh. If people go out for Christmas dinners and are limited to 90 and so instead of that they decide to go for 90 mins starters, then move to another venue for 90 min main course and then 90 main desert clearly demonstrates the don't give a f***.

And anyone who thinks the government is to blame and suggest that if the government had done this or had done that instead a blind to the fact that people are the spreaders.

Why do people still need to be told to restrict their movements? People are blatantly ignoring the responsibility of restricting their own self ways, you can't blame the government for stupid people.

Bolton

"

This is what Sir Kier Airhead said and he was wrong too. It was discovered in October from a sample taken in September. OK, not much difference but fact as opposed to listening to Mr Hindsight

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

"Surely you know the boy who cried wolf. "

yup and as someone else said he got eaten - my view is that he got it right, just his timing was off!!

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

But more people catching so more will die or suffer long covid presumably..

But they have known about it for weeks"

Once again its another appalling failure of leadership from Johnson.

"Chip everyone, and if found they're moving outside their lockdown zone, fine them heavily. Instead of spending millions on adverts, surely this could be done?? As in Portugal, every car is chipped to recognise them on the motorways.

Hahaha chip everyone. Like the governments would love that and you're now suggesting it. Classic "

I had a whole bag of chips last night

On a mooch

"I agree.. why anyone wants to live there is beyond me..

A cesspit of shit now being spread "

Because it’s home and personally I love it, my beautiful corner of the world.

liverpool

This is what Sir Kier Airhead said and he was wrong too. It was discovered in October from a sample taken in September. OK, not much difference but fact as opposed to listening to Mr Hindsight "

Do you have a point?

On a mooch

This is what Sir Kier Airhead said and he was wrong too. It was discovered in October from a sample taken in September. OK, not much difference but fact as opposed to listening to Mr Hindsight "

It be sample taken two months ago identified a mutation, did they know the effects of this mutation two months ago, very unlikely. To understand that it takes time to gather and study samples.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Can't blame them really can you? The UK should of closed borders in the first wave.

I think no one in a tier 4 area should be allowed to leave it with the only exception being for medical reasons. I'm in tier 2 but 3 members of staff live in a tier 4 area. That's not helping things is it?

So come on Tom tell us what's going to happen next....

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Chip everyone, and if found they're moving outside their lockdown zone, fine them heavily. Instead of spending millions on adverts, surely this could be done?? As in Portugal, every car is chipped to recognise them on the motorways.

Hahaha chip everyone. Like the governments would love that and you're now suggesting it. Classic

I had a whole bag of chips last night "

curry sauce too u bet, hot and spicy!

By *udistcpl1Couple  over a year ago

Wirral

Best thing to do is ignore these stupid posts. The OP is simply after attention.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

I have no live for Starmer, however do you really believe that Hancock who just happens to be the health secretary just found out about the new strain the other day? given his past record for telling huge porkies I think they knew but kept it under wraps just to let London carry on as normal, remember they were kept in a lower tier despite having higher rates than cities and areas in higher tiers, even the lockdowns were political.

I had a whole bag of chips last night curry sauce too u bet, hot and spicy! "

It's nice to have something to dip into

Chelmsford

"Best thing to do is ignore these stupid posts. The OP is simply after attention."

Please may I recommend other threads...

Northampton Somewhere

Italy have confirmed they have a patient with the new strain.

We’re doomed.

(Human race).

Bham

This is what Sir Kier Airhead said and he was wrong too. It was discovered in October from a sample taken in September. OK, not much difference but fact as opposed to listening to Mr Hindsight

It be sample taken two months ago identified a mutation, did they know the effects of this mutation two months ago, very unlikely. To understand that it takes time to gather and study samples. "

Exactly. I'm far from a Tory but don't get why people can't see this.

There have been 4000 mutations noted so far but they mostly don't affect how the virus behaves. This one however, after monitoring, does.

You can't go from discovering the mutation to seeing how it behaves in a day.

Chelmsford

And in two weeks Christmas all over.. one in a lifetime and people moaning...

What other countries have a new strain as well. Do we know the numbers of the mutation globally yet

Chelmsford

"What other countries have a new strain as well. Do we know the numbers of the mutation globally yet "

Not sure.. I only care about England to be fair

On a mooch

It be sample taken two months ago identified a mutation, did they know the effects of this mutation two months ago, very unlikely. To understand that it takes time to gather and study samples.

Exactly. I'm far from a Tory but don't get why people can't see this.

There have been 4000 mutations noted so far but they mostly don't affect how the virus behaves. This one however, after monitoring, does.

You can't go from discovering the mutation to seeing how it behaves in a day. "

We know that, most know that, however they believe what they want to believe in a headline, happens way too much in this country.

Northampton Somewhere

"What other countries have a new strain as well. Do we know the numbers of the mutation globally yet "

Italy

On a mooch

"What other countries have a new strain as well. Do we know the numbers of the mutation globally yet

Italy"

Netherlands, Denmark and Australia according to WHO and I’m sure more will follow

Chelmsford

"What other countries have a new strain as well. Do we know the numbers of the mutation globally yet

Italy

Netherlands, Denmark and Australia according to WHO and I’m sure more will follow "

And so it unfolds.. stay at home, stay safe,

That'll teach them ..

All in it together now though... "

what a load of garbage

pretty sure the rest of us got to keep christmas day and only london is in immediate full lockdown

Chelmsford

England is not London centric..

Londoners are London centric..

Respect to those staying there but no to the London muck spreaders..

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Italy

Netherlands, Denmark and Australia according to WHO and I’m sure more will follow "

Lots of concern about South Africa as well.

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Turkey and stuffing delayed until summer. Or maybe just a good stuffing. Lol

Chelmsford

Italy

Netherlands, Denmark and Australia according to WHO and I’m sure more will follow

Lots of concern about South Africa as well. "

I don't give a rat's arse for South Africa.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Cheer up looks like the oxford vaccine will be approved before the new year then mass vaccination can begin in earnest as it can be kept at ambient temperature.

Chelmsford

"Cheer up looks like the oxford vaccine will be approved before the new year then mass vaccination can begin in earnest as it can be kept at ambient temperature. "

Sod that Oxford shit..

60% effective.. I want the real one or none at all..

On a mooch

"England is not London centric..

Respect to those staying there but no to the London muck spreaders.."

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better

Chelmsford

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better "

Slurrying you mean..

My last post was about muck spreaders..

near ipswich

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better "

Seems care in the community is still not working.

On a mooch

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better

Slurrying you mean..

My last post was about muck spreaders.."

I knew what I meant

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better Seems care in the community is still not working. "

Chelmsford

You are so black and white..... believe everything you read, well part read. But you carry on with your slurring if it makes you feel better Seems care in the community is still not working. "

But a post mocking mental health treatment is funny.. why ?

Chelmsford

Think guys before you approve of someone making fun of our care in the community...mental health issues are hilarious yes ?

"Think guys before you approve of someone making fun of our care in the community...mental health issues are hilarious yes ?"

Grow up man

Chelmsford

"Think guys before you approve of someone making fun of our care in the community...mental health issues are hilarious yes ?

Grow up man"

You defend it then ?

Derry

"Think guys before you approve of someone making fun of our care in the community...mental health issues are hilarious yes ?

Grow up man"

he's just trolling as usual, best not to take seriously.

Grow up man

You defend it then ?"

I said "Grow up man"

liverpool

Usual high standard of debate

Mocking mental health.

Chelmsford

Grow up man

You defend it then ?

I said "Grow up man""

So you know nothing of a posters mental health and show no remorse for making fun of care in the community..

Go on reply with Grow up man

near ipswich

"Usual high standard of debate

Mocking mental health.

"

Are you saying tom is mental?

Chelmsford

Mocking mental health.

"

Not even Essex Tom ever stooped that low..

Mocking mental health.

"

Who's "mocking mental health"?

Chelmsford

Mocking mental health.

Are you saying tom is mental?"

No but you are continuing to mock mental health victims

Chelmsford

Mocking mental health.

Who's "mocking mental health"?"

You

Grow up man

You defend it then ?

I said "Grow up man"

So you know nothing of a posters mental health and show no remorse for making fun of care in the community..

Go on reply with Grow up man"

I'm out of here son.

"Italy have confirmed they have a patient with the new strain."

Watch with interest as to how the rest of the EU respond to Italy as they have announced they will be looking into a coordinated response to the UK. The cynic in me wonders if there's a last ditched whiff of brexit retaliation.

Ireland have put a 48 HR ban on flights and travel. Do they think it's not already there?

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Sovereign nations of the EU utilise their powers to restrict potential danger from affecting them. Seems rather appropriate and done promptly - a little different from other places, like the UK.

On a mooch

"Sovereign nations of the EU utilise their powers to restrict potential danger from affecting them. Seems rather appropriate and done promptly - a little different from other places, like the UK. "

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 21:37:36]

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

It seems there is evidence it is more infectious and it is spreading across the UK. This “new” strain has come from a low base to being the dominant strain very quickly. For it to be the dominant strain it must be spreading faster than other strains..

liverpool

"Sovereign nations of the EU utilise their powers to restrict potential danger from affecting them. Seems rather appropriate and done promptly - a little different from other places, like the UK. "

Nah its Brexit retaliation obvs

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

and hell of a bargaining point for the brexit negotiations EU have basically cut us off for 48 hrs look what we can do now behave and negotiate

near ipswich

"Italy have confirmed they have a patient with the new strain.

Watch with interest as to how the rest of the EU respond to Italy as they have announced they will be looking into a coordinated response to the UK. The cynic in me wonders if there's a last ditched whiff of brexit retaliation.

Ireland have put a 48 HR ban on flights and travel. Do they think it's not already there?

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse."

I read somewhere that the 48 hour ban that france has put in place is on freight too.It said it was to work on a new testing plan with eu partners before reopening once one had been agreed.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Mocking mental health.

Not even Essex Tom ever stooped that low.."

Tom, you have a short memory...

liverpool

"Sovereign nations of the EU utilise their powers to restrict potential danger from affecting them. Seems rather appropriate and done promptly - a little different from other places, like the UK. and hell of a bargaining point for the brexit negotiations EU have basically cut us off for 48 hrs look what we can do now behave and negotiate "

Presumably we would do the same if it was found in france?

Derry

When all you're used to is the stable door being closed after the fact, preventative and precautionary measures are difficult to understand.

liverpool

Israel have also stopped us getting in

Didnt know they were in the eu the crafty buggers.

North West

"Israel have also stopped us getting in

Didnt know they were in the eu the crafty buggers."

Duh, Lionel. They're in Eurovision, ergo Europe

liverpool

Duh, Lionel. They're in Eurovision, ergo Europe "

But they arent in the European cup?

Liverpool have never played fC tel Aviv!

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

It seems that the latest government idea for frightening the population into cooperating has spectacularly backfired and ended up causing the borders to be closed.

Those on here saying we should have closed the borders completely to keep the virus out going to find out how that plays out.

Expect the government to say there is no need for panic buying next.

On a mooch

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse.I read somewhere that the 48 hour ban that france has put in place is on freight too.It said it was to work on a new testing plan with eu partners before reopening once one had been agreed."

It’s correct that no traffic by any means will leave UK bound for France (via Dover ferry or tunnel) and that includes freight.

On a mooch

They don’t have to be in the Eu to ban us, Australia isn’t

CIRENCESTER

Duh, Lionel. They're in Eurovision, ergo Europe

But they arent in the European cup?

Liverpool have never played fC tel Aviv!"

what about maccabi haifa playing in the euro cups? mind you australia take part in eurovision so no idea where i am going with this...

CIRENCESTER

They don’t have to be in the Eu to ban us, Australia isn’t "

ah but australia take part in eurovision

On a mooch

ah but australia take part in eurovision"

I know the madness of it

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse."

There has been an emergency EU meeting called for tomorrow morning.... as Spain wanted a coordinated response rather than each country going its own way... which sounds responsible....

I am guessing you are going to see a blanket eu travel ban for the next 2 to 3 weeks.....

Also johnson has just called a cobra meeting for tomorrow morning.....

You are about to get an early example of what “no deal” is going to look like

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It seems that the latest government idea for frightening the population into cooperating has spectacularly backfired and ended up causing the borders to be closed.

Those on here saying we should have closed the borders completely to keep the virus out going to find out how that plays out.

Expect the government to say there is no need for panic buying next."

There is not but lots of fools about will panic buy

Derry

Talk about self victimisation. Travel restrictions and border closures have been used on multiple occasion to stop the spread of corona virus. America, China The EU and others have all implemented measures at their borders in the last 12 months. But pariahs..... get a grip.

On a mooch

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse.

There has been an emergency EU meeting called for tomorrow morning.... as Spain wanted a coordinated response rather than each country going its own way... which sounds responsible....

I am guessing you are going to see a blanket eu travel ban for the next 2 to 3 weeks.....

You are about to get an early example of what “no deal” is going to look like "

and what we don’t need is people going crazy and clearing the supermarkets

Newcastle and Gateshead

Israel have stopped all non nationals coming in from the uk, Denmark and South Africa

Turkey’s just done the same...

On a mooch

Israel have stopped all non nationals coming in from the uk, Denmark and South Africa

Turkey’s just done the same..."

The list will get longer within the next 24 hours. What the UK should do is show good faith and just close our borders.

North West

ah but australia take part in eurovision"

And Turkey. I'm sensing this is actually a co-ordinated anti-UK attack by the Eurovision Massive. Crafty buggers

Newcastle and Gateshead

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse.I read somewhere that the 48 hour ban that france has put in place is on freight too.It said it was to work on a new testing plan with eu partners before reopening once one had been agreed.

It’s correct that no traffic by any means will leave UK bound for France (via Dover ferry or tunnel) and that includes freight. "

Which then begs the question... what lorry fright companies on the continental side are going to want to send sets to the uk not knowing when they would get them back!

liverpool

They don’t have to be in the Eu to ban us, Australia isn’t "

Ahh I thought it was a ploy by those devious European European buggers

On a mooch

The more rational side of me thinks many countries have wanted to close their borders but not one was willing to face the political fallout resulting in the decision, now they have found an excuse.I read somewhere that the 48 hour ban that france has put in place is on freight too.It said it was to work on a new testing plan with eu partners before reopening once one had been agreed.

It’s correct that no traffic by any means will leave UK bound for France (via Dover ferry or tunnel) and that includes freight.

Which then begs the question... what lorry fright companies on the continental side are going to want to send sets to the uk not knowing when they would get them back! "

They don’t and they won’t be coming via France.

liverpool

You are about to get an early example of what “no deal” is going to look like "

Is he going to turn up this time?

On a mooch

Ahh I thought it was a ploy by those devious European European buggers "

Hey if we nailed it every year I’d get that but normally nil poi

liverpool

"Talk about self victimisation. Travel restrictions and border closures have been used on multiple occasion to stop the spread of corona virus. America, China The EU and others have all implemented measures at their borders in the last 12 months. But pariahs..... get a grip. "

Another day in the life of your average brexiteeer

near ipswich

its not looking good everything is closing the local bra manufacturer round here has gone bust. The origami shop has folded the submarine builder has gone under and the local strip club went tits up yesterday.

liverpool

And Turkey. I'm sensing this is actually a co-ordinated anti-UK attack by the Eurovision Massive. Crafty buggers "

Ha ha

Because we storm to victory each year?

North West

And Turkey. I'm sensing this is actually a co-ordinated anti-UK attack by the Eurovision Massive. Crafty buggers

Ha ha

Because we storm to victory each year?

"

Exactly. Gran Bretaña - nul points

Bolton

Do you have a point?"

The point is it wasn't factual

Bolton

This is what Sir Kier Airhead said and he was wrong too. It was discovered in October from a sample taken in September. OK, not much difference but fact as opposed to listening to Mr Hindsight I have no live for Starmer, however do you really believe that Hancock who just happens to be the health secretary just found out about the new strain the other day? given his past record for telling huge porkies I think they knew but kept it under wraps just to let London carry on as normal, remember they were kept in a lower tier despite having higher rates than cities and areas in higher tiers, even the lockdowns were political.

"

Did I say anywhere that I believe Hancock or did you assume?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Which then begs the question... what lorry fright companies on the continental side are going to want to send sets to the uk not knowing when they would get them back! "

what about the EU drivers who now cannot get back home for christmas even more camping out in the laybyes of kent

On a mooch

Which then begs the question... what lorry fright companies on the continental side are going to want to send sets to the uk not knowing when they would get them back! what about the EU drivers who now cannot get back home for christmas even more camping out in the laybyes of kent "

Feel for them

liverpool

Do you have a point?

The point is it wasn't factual "

So it was discovered in Oct and not September?

Potentially a few days difference?

in Lancashire

Boris and co have well and truly fucked up by not closing down London in November when they knew 25% of all cases were the new variant..

Just what the fuck has gone on since then to today when Hancock says it's out of control..?

liverpool

"Boris and co have well and truly fucked up by not closing down London in November when they knew 25% of all cases were the new variant..

Just what the fuck has gone on since then to today when Hancock says it's out of control..?"

He knew if he would have done it then it would have been very unpopular I reckon.

The papers have been banging this save Christmas drum for months.

He didnt want to be responsible for cancelling chrimbo(which he accused ks of last week)

It's an indication that countries realise that you need to respond quickly.

Do people still think it was wrong for the government to suddenly change Christmas travel agreements?

It's not the government that has caused the spread, but the people who are simply being selfish and ignoring of trying to get around the rules.

If people had restricted their movements, minimised their contacts and only done was what's really essential, we most likely wouldn't be were we are now.

"Boris and co have well and truly fucked up by not closing down London in November when they knew 25% of all cases were the new variant..

Just what the fuck has gone on since then to today when Hancock says it's out of control..?"

What you don't say is that this new variant was only found this month and it is by backwards tracing using the genetic evidence suggests this variant emerged in September 2020 and then circulated at very low levels in the population until mid-November.

So your insinuations are not true and quite misleading. Though it suites your tone of blaming the government.

If this backward sequencing is accurate and the variant emerged in September 2020 then you can be sure it's already in most areas of the UK but has yet to be identified.

People need to get a grip with what they're saying at times.

North West

"If this backward sequencing is accurate and the variant emerged in September 2020 then you can be sure it's already in most areas of the UK but has yet to be identified.

People need to get a grip with what they're saying at times."

this. And that what you said above it too. Much sense in both posts

Tonbridge

There have been several variants pop up in other European countries which have caused no border closures. Because Hancock overdramatized this one to frighten the population into obeying tier 4 he has forced the neighbouring countries to close their borders.

North West

"There have been several variants pop up in other European countries which have caused no border closures. Because Hancock overdramatized this one to frighten the population into obeying tier 4 he has forced the neighbouring countries to close their borders."

Are you suggesting that other developed nations haven't done their own analysis and just taken the word of Matt Hancock? Is it 1st April already? My, how time flies when you're having fun

liverpool

Dec 2020 bj "it will be inhuman to cancel Christmas'

Changes his tune 4 days later

March 2020..'we can turn the tide in 12 weeks'

July 2020..'we will be back to normal by Christmas

July 2020 'we dont need another national lockdown'

Oct 2020 'another lockdown would be a disaster"

Call me mr cynical but I may start talking his words with a pinch of salt.

liverpool

The gmnt encouraged the eat out scheme which directly led to increased cases.

The gmnt threatened legal action on schools who warned they may have to close in islington because of a rise in cases

The gmnt encouraged people to go back to work

The gmnt criticised teaching unions for wanting to only ti give back to work when it's safe

But the people are solely to blame.

Tonbridge

"There have been several variants pop up in other European countries which have caused no border closures. Because Hancock overdramatized this one to frighten the population into obeying tier 4 he has forced the neighbouring countries to close their borders.

Are you suggesting that other developed nations haven't done their own analysis and just taken the word of Matt Hancock? Is it 1st April already? My, how time flies when you're having fun "

They haven't done any analysis yet, that's why they are closing the borders. A bit like when some dickhead sets the fire alarm off and everyone stands outside in their pyjamas until they figure out it was a false alarm. Hancock was that dickhead.

North West

[Removed by poster at 20/12/20 23:59:31]

North West

"There have been several variants pop up in other European countries which have caused no border closures. Because Hancock overdramatized this one to frighten the population into obeying tier 4 he has forced the neighbouring countries to close their borders.

Are you suggesting that other developed nations haven't done their own analysis and just taken the word of Matt Hancock? Is it 1st April already? My, how time flies when you're having fun

They haven't done any analysis yet, that's why they are closing the borders. A bit like when some dickhead sets the fire alarm off and everyone stands outside in their pyjamas until they figure out it was a false alarm. Hancock was that dickhead."

They've done no analysis, yet Italy has identified at least one example of this variant. Okay, understood

Also, you clearly have no idea about the interconnected nature of scientific research, even in this era of Brexit. If we identified something days/weeks ago, we have been collaborating with Europe and worldwide partners on it.

On a mooch

They haven't done any analysis yet, that's why they are closing the borders. A bit like when some dickhead sets the fire alarm off and everyone stands outside in their pyjamas until they figure out it was a false alarm. Hancock was that dickhead."

No analysis, then if not why have Netherlands, Denmark, Italy and Australia already identified the strain.

Not everyone thinks like that, and to blame others for the way you think doesn't make much sense.

Think you need to try harder

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 21/12/20 00:07:20]

Tonbridge

The French government said: "It is not clear at this stage that the so-called "rapid" spread of this mutation in the United Kingdom is linked to an intrinsic property of this virus. The fact that this strain is more contagious has not been demonstrated at this stage."

So there is no proof it is more contagious but since Hancock pressed the alarm bell the shutters are coming down.

North West

Some sense to be read here:

BBC News - New coronavirus variant: What do we know?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55388846

Central

I guess leaving it so late to make the changes has helped get much of the stock into the country that's needed for a reduced Christmas get together period.

It's been good to see that members of the EU had sovereignty and could do what was right for them. A bit of a surprise.

On a mooch

"Some sense to be read here:

BBC News - New coronavirus variant: What do we know?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55388846"

Good read

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

What's going on here ?"

Cockney COVID !

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

What's going on here ?

Cockney COVID !"

Being spread countrywide since Saturday when tier 4 was announced.

Bolton

Do you have a point?

The point is it wasn't factual

So it was discovered in Oct and not September?

Potentially a few days difference?"

Yes but facts are facts

If others stretched the truth before we know it, it had been there before the first lockdown.

All in saying is that it was October not September irrespective if it was 2 days or 60 days.

Bolton

"It's an indication that countries realise that you need to respond quickly.

Do people still think it was wrong for the government to suddenly change Christmas travel agreements?

It's not the government that has caused the spread, but the people who are simply being selfish and ignoring of trying to get around the rules.

If people had restricted their movements, minimised their contacts and only done was what's really essential, we most likely wouldn't be were we are now."

Well said

Bolton

Just what the fuck has gone on since then to today when Hancock says it's out of control..?

What you don't say is that this new variant was only found this month and it is by backwards tracing using the genetic evidence suggests this variant emerged in September 2020 and then circulated at very low levels in the population until mid-November.

So your insinuations are not true and quite misleading. Though it suites your tone of blaming the government."

Excellent

By *hestercplCouple  over a year ago

chester

It’s in every part of wales

Bolton

"Dec 2020 bj "it will be inhuman to cancel Christmas'

Call me mr cynical but I may start talking his words with a pinch of salt."

Surely it could be the change of position of the scientists

You missed a few other bits.

July 2020 ease lockdown. No spike

August 2020 Eat out to help out scheme. No spike

September 2020 schools, college and university return. Massive spike

Yeah, let's blame someone

Yeah, let's blame someone "

Other than those who are spreading it. Could it be that it's their own behaviour that's contributed to the deaths of so many?

Easy to say , oh but the scientists said we can do this or do that rather than looking at what causes the mass spread and killed so many and say and change their selfish behaviour and don't do things.

We've only ourselves to blame for the deaths of our loved ones, friends and those we've infected. Not the government so get a grip people and change.

liverpool

Yeah, let's blame someone "

I doubt the scientists said..go it and tell everyone it will be over by Christmas

I think you will find there was a spike after the eat our scheme

liverpool

Other than those who are spreading it. Could it be that it's their own behaviour that's contributed to the deaths of so many?

Easy to say , oh but the scientists said we can do this or do that rather than looking at what causes the mass spread and killed so many and say and change their selfish behaviour and don't do things.

We've only ourselves to blame for the deaths of our loved ones, friends and those we've infected. Not the government so get a grip people and change."

I didn't realise we decided to move infected people into care homes

Or introduce the eat out scheme which made cases go up

Or made decisions to late

Or ignoted scientific advice.

Try "getting a grip'yourself.

By *lay 4 uMan  over a year ago

bolton

Why in god's name did the idiots in Whitehall allow trains cars etc to leave the capital. Should have been an instant ban on travel to keep the selfish bastsrds locked down .

Central

"Why in god's name did the idiots in Whitehall allow trains cars etc to leave the capital. Should have been an instant ban on travel to keep the selfish bastsrds locked down ."

As Johnson did this after parliament had shut for Christmas, he would have been better announcing it late Saturday night, effective immediately, perhaps after Strictly. He didn't need them to vote on it and most trains are probably finished by 11ish.

We've only ourselves to blame for the deaths of our loved ones, friends and those we've infected. Not the government so get a grip people and change.

Try "getting a grip'yourself."

You're a classic case of blame others from beginning to end in 99% of your comments on here and on Brexit. It's all the government.

Where did I say..... we decided to move infected people into care homes?

.....eat out scheme which made cases go up...

So it's the governments fault as people had no choice to eat at home and were forced by the government without choice to go out and eat, knowing that you pass it on to others when socialising. Yeah that's right they we're adult enough to chose what's right or wrong.

....Or made decisions to late.

What decisions were made late? Nothing has changed from march when they said the way to control this virus and reduce the spread is if we avoid close contact with others. Wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance from others, and reduce your social contacts. It is the same, whatever the variant. Do you really need to be told anything else and have your hand held like a toddler who can't think for themselves?

....Or ignoted scientific advice.

Only people who have ignored scientific advice are the idiots who have gone out and ignored what scientists said at the beginning and minimise your social contacts avoid unnecessary travel, avoid unnecessary social activity and do what is essential.

So what you're basically saying with your response is that it's the governments fault spreading the virus and it's the governments fault for people acting in their own selfish behaviour and choose to do what isn't the right thing to do?

"Why in god's name did the idiots in Whitehall allow trains cars etc to leave the capital. Should have been an instant ban on travel to keep the selfish bastsrds locked down ."

Sorry? Are you really suggesting marshal law? If that's the case then it needs to be applied everywhere as this virus and dare I say this new strain is mostly likely already in most corners of the UK and Ireland as it's been around since September.

liverpool

You're a classic case of blame others from beginning to end in 99% of your comments on here and on Brexit. It's all the government.

So it's the governments fault as people had no choice to eat at home and were forced by the government without choice to go out and eat, knowing that you pass it on to others when socialising. Yeah that's right they we're adult enough to chose what's right or wrong.

What decisions were made late? Nothing has changed from march when they said the way to control this virus and reduce the spread is if we avoid close contact with others. Wash your hands, wear a mask, keep your distance from others, and reduce your social contacts. It is the same, whatever the variant. Do you really need to be told anything else and have your hand held like a toddler who can't think for themselves?

Only people who have ignored scientific advice are the idiots who have gone out and ignored what scientists said at the beginning and minimise your social contacts avoid unnecessary travel, avoid unnecessary social activity and do what is essential.

So what you're basically saying with your response is that it's the governments fault spreading the virus and it's the governments fault for people acting in their own selfish behaviour and choose to do what isn't the right thing to do?"

The gmnt were advised 2 weeks ago to keep things closed over Christmas (only last week johnson was ripping into ks for wanting to cancel Christmas )

Advice they blatantly ignored.

Cases have been rising in the south for weeks and they have decided to act only now.

It has been handled appallingly from the start and that is their responsibility

Be prepared for the realistic full tier 4 lockdown for all the UK as the new variant takes hold.

I realistically fear for the health service over the next month both in the UK and Ireland if people don't stop.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Whilst I’m not so old as to remember the war I have decided I’m too old for this conversation.

Anyone remember a time before Eurotunnel? No?

Our fantastic British weather would regular as clockwork each winter cut us off from our European neighbours for 24/48hr stretches.

I even spent iirc 14hrs on a cross channel ferry a couple of miles outside Dover one year where pretty much half the lorry deck was trashed.

So we are cut off, boo hoo, get over it! Croissants are baked in the U.K. you know

S

So what you're basically saying with your response is that it's the governments fault spreading the virus and it's the governments fault for people acting in their own selfish behaviour and choose to do what isn't the right thing to do?

The gmnt were advised 2 weeks ago to keep things closed over Christmas (only last week johnson was ripping into ks for wanting to cancel Christmas )

Advice they blatantly ignored.

Cases have been rising in the south for weeks and they have decided to act only now.

It has been handled appallingly from the start and that is their responsibility "

in Lancashire

So your insinuations are not true and quite misleading. Though it suites your tone of blaming the government."

Actually that's a very very solid point and my apologies if I've got it wrong on the timing..

I suspect we will know more whichever way this goes..

Whilst I have been very critical of this government where it's justified I have not only been so when they've got things right and that's on here too..

I make no apologies however for being critical of gross incompetence in the issues of conflicts of interest and Tory associates with absolutely no proven track record in providing fit for purpose PPE whilst established companies in the field were ignored in this crisis..

So to reiterate I'm fine with putting my hands up if what you say is correct but if not then I'll leave others to judge..

in Lancashire

"If this backward sequencing is accurate and the variant emerged in September 2020 then you can be sure it's already in most areas of the UK but has yet to be identified.

People need to get a grip with what they're saying at times."

If and I'm sure we both know that's the issue in this new aspect, the data is accurate to suggest the new variant was known in September might it not have been in Liverpool when they did the mass testing..?

On getting a grip with what people are saying then yes, fair point but when you've had close family writing good bye letters from a hospital bed seen the effects of this on other loved ones and all the time following the advice set to the letter, only seeing ones children once and grandchildren the same and seeing countless idiots on here wanting to meet and the even higher numbers if people ignoring common sense who have helped to spread this virus then frustration with a bit of the anxiety we all seem to have doesn't help..

And in saying all that fully recognising how fortunate one is and grateful for that..