FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Plod Patrol British Rail

Plod Patrol British Rail

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apparently in response to people fleeing the capital..

Think that ship has sailed..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ewrocksWoman  over a year ago

button moon

Get trains on rails, not ships.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Why are the tickets being sold

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Why are the tickets being sold "

Why are the trains running if they don't want people to leave the city?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Because a lot of people use public transport to get to work

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Why are the tickets being sold

"

I guess people still have to work etc

in the sticks

Because a lot of people use public transport to get to work"

Checks before they board? though try and prove/disprove especially if they say self employed etc

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

I guess people still have to work etc "

Obviously not the ones that ran away last night

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

There must be a lot of people from leeds working in london.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Free transport is the next installment of the master plan, along with all you can eat and drink buffets at pubs and restaurants. You know it makes sense.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Checks before they board? though try and prove/disprove especially if they say self employed etc"

it isn't the railway companies job to police the public and the police/transport police don't have enough staff to check every passenger

Chelmsford

I would put armed guards on the main London train stations.. nobody should be leaving the capital to spread the virus .. inconsiderate fools..

Tin town

"I would put armed guards on the main London train stations.. nobody should be leaving the capital to spread the virus .. inconsiderate fools.. "

Does anybody know where the trains are going though.? Is it a conspiracy?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Saw Hancock bleating on this morning on the news about how irresponsible those people fleeing London are.

The irresponsible ones are him , Johnson and co for giving people the opportunity to flee within 24hrs . If they didnt want that happening them it should have been made law with immediate effect. The same thing happened in a lot of other European citys so to think yet again that the same wouldnt happen in the uk is unbelievable .

Cant blame anybody getting out of london & besides restrictions dont work there is no evidence to prove that they do .

Chelmsford

They should be parked at Waterloo, Kings Cross, Liverpool St and Paddington...

Tier 4 lockdown...Londoners spreading it without any consideration..

History repeats

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Saw Hancock bleating on this morning on the news about how irresponsible those people fleeing London are.

The irresponsible ones are him , Johnson and co for giving people the opportunity to flee within 24hrs . If they didnt want that happening them it should have been made law with immediate effect. The same thing happened in a lot of other European citys so to think yet again that the same wouldnt happen in the uk is unbelievable .

Cant blame anybody getting out of london & besides restrictions dont work there is no evidence to prove that they do ."

A cynic would say they knew this would happen

Chelmsford

We all new..

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Where did they all actually go? And for how long? And how will they get back after a few days? Do you think roads will be monitored on Xmas day?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Where did they all actually go? And for how long? And how will they get back after a few days? Do you think roads will be monitored on Xmas day? "

I’d like to know where everyone disappeared to.... our street is full as normal

Tin town

I don't know too many details but Not really sure they are all to blame. Every other announcement has given plenty of notice... Up to 2 weeks... I'm not suggesting that's good... In fact it isn't its shit. But all I'm saying is if you're wanting people to get the fuck out of London... Giving them only 8 hours is a bit tough.... So it's not entirely a surprise that people are travelling today.

Chelmsford

Selfish buggers..

Tin town

"Where did they all actually go? And for how long? And how will they get back after a few days? Do you think roads will be monitored on Xmas day? "

I heard Rita oras planning a Xmas day party.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I did point out that the tier 4 restrictions in England..... and the lockdowns in both Wales and Scotland... actually last 3 weeks minimum...

So anyone who left can’t in theory come back till mid January at the earliest....

So people are going to have to come up with some wild compassionate reasons if stopped...

Also there is a eu emergency meeting tomorrow... and the best guess is that they will ban all travel from the uk for a few weeks... so without wanting to make it really political, you are about to find out what a really hard no deal is going to look like

Chelmsford

As sure as flies return to shit they will return early...

On a mooch

"I did point out that the tier 4 restrictions in England..... and the lockdowns in both Wales and Scotland... actually last 3 weeks minimum...

So anyone who left can’t in theory come back till mid January at the earliest....

So people are going to have to come up with some wild compassionate reasons if stopped...

Also there is a eu emergency meeting tomorrow... and the best guess is that they will ban all travel from the uk for a few weeks... so without wanting to make it really political, you are about to find out what a really hard no deal is going to look like "

Takes us to the natural ‘no deal’ January and entry to EU barred under their covid rules anyway

Chelmsford

"I did point out that the tier 4 restrictions in England..... and the lockdowns in both Wales and Scotland... actually last 3 weeks minimum...

Also there is a eu emergency meeting tomorrow... and the best guess is that they will ban all travel from the uk for a few weeks... so without wanting to make it really political, you are about to find out what a really hard no deal is going to look like

Takes us to the natural ‘no deal’ January and entry to EU barred under their covid rules anyway "

The perfect storm...

On a mooch

Takes us to the natural ‘no deal’ January and entry to EU barred under their covid rules anyway

The perfect storm..."

Not a storm, just expected without a deal

Chelmsford

The perfect storm...

Not a storm, just expected without a deal "

Let's disengage completely and then reengage if we want...

The sun will rise the day after...who really cares ?

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

I was due to pick daughter up from London on Wednesday so now she stuck in her flat on her own Xmas day sooner we all get a vacation the better

Chelmsford

"I was due to pick daughter up from London on Wednesday so now she stuck in her flat on her own Xmas day sooner we all get a vacation the better"

For the greater good...just one christmas...

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

True not easy for a lot of people would have been her first Xmas at home for about 4 years she suffers anxiety as it is thank god for technology zoom Skype e.t.c

Chelmsford

"True not easy for a lot of people would have been her first Xmas at home for about 4 years she suffers anxiety as it is thank god for technology zoom Skype e.t.c "

Perfect solution and very responsible

On a mooch

The perfect storm...

"

I’d say those individuals who have family in Europe or are in Europe for work but can’t travel home to see family here, even without covid in the mix there are limitations.

Chelmsford

The perfect storm...

I’d say those individuals who have family in Europe or are in Europe for work but can’t travel home to see family here, even without covid in the mix there are limitations. "

They should just stay at home

On a mooch

The perfect storm...

I’d say those individuals who have family in Europe or are in Europe for work but can’t travel home to see family here, even without covid in the mix there are limitations.

They should just stay at home"

Why ?

Tin town

Anybody heard the useless mayor offer anything helpful... You know the mayor of the city being decimated right now.?

Chelmsford

"Anybody heard the useless mayor offer anything helpful... You know the mayor of the city being decimated right now.? "

He is a clown.

I never ever will forgive that clown for allowing those stupid Trump balloons to fly over London and shame our great nation..

Chelmsford

The perfect storm...

Why ? "

If you don't know the answer then you are part of the problem and not the solution .

liverpool

"Anybody heard the useless mayor offer anything helpful... You know the mayor of the city being decimated right now.? "

London?

On a mooch

He’s very active on Twitter and nope nothing helpful

Tin town

"Anybody heard the useless mayor offer anything helpful... You know the mayor of the city being decimated right now.?

London?"

Yes I guess several cities being decimated... But Stealthy Sadiq of London

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Probably on the trowel building all those new affordable dwellings he promised.

On a mooch

The perfect storm...

Why ?

If you don't know the answer then you are part of the problem and not the solution . "

Read what I said, if covid isn’t around why shouldn’t individuals travel to/from Europe ?

liverpool

Make boris not look a fool (not a difficult task)and his fan club will never forget.

On a mooch

"Anybody heard the useless mayor offer anything helpful... You know the mayor of the city being decimated right now.? Probably on the trowel building all those new affordable dwellings he promised. "

Building but not affordable, but that’s a whole different conversation

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Those in charge decided to wait until after parliament had debated and voted into law the new changes and went into recess for Christmas. Once parliament was out of the way, they then decided to announce it as they did. The implementation and consequences were known and predictable. We get what they want.

They did provide businesses with an extra trading day though.

We get what we vote for.

in the sticks

Checks before they board? though try and prove/disprove especially if they say self employed etc

it isn't the railway companies job to police the public and the police/transport police don't have enough staff to check every passenger"

British transport police? Though you could question the point of laws when you can't enforce them ... all talk and no walk etc

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Those in charge decided to wait until after parliament had debated and voted into law the new changes and went into recess for Christmas. Once parliament was out of the way, they then decided to announce it as they did. The implementation and consequences were known and predictable. We get what they want.

We get what we vote for. "

This has been the way of the Johnson government. People shouldn't be surprised by now.

Checks before they board? though try and prove/disprove especially if they say self employed etc"

Its not law just guidelines.

People commute in and out of London on a daily basis, me included.

It’s just impossible to enforce. How many BTP officers do you think there are?

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Shut the fecking airports.

Luton is still letting flights in and out.

The checks are minimal, there isn't any control.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Those in charge decided to wait until after parliament had debated and voted into law the new changes and went into recess for Christmas. Once parliament was out of the way, they then decided to announce it as they did. The implementation and consequences were known and predictable. We get what they want.

We get what we vote for. "

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"True not easy for a lot of people would have been her first Xmas at home for about 4 years she suffers anxiety as it is thank god for technology zoom Skype e.t.c "

Yep, so glad we have this tech now.

My mum had COPD, and as a nasty cold was spreading between myself and my kids last year, we couldn't see her then and then COVID happened.

So, now it's been over a year since I've seen my parents or they have seen their grandkids, worth no idea when (if) we will again

This year, we are having a Zoom Christmas with them on the TV watching as the kids open the presents.

Not great, but well make do.

(sorry, slightly derailed from the OP)

» Add a new message to this topic