FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lockdown

Lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *dglasgow30 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I understand why we are doing it and agree with the restrictions, my partner, baby and me have had covid back in oct and still struggling from the effects, but I just miss my family and getting to spend time with them. My partner and I had a baby in feb and abig part of our family haven't even meet him yet as We are all spread out in different tiers and parts of the country.it just doesn't make sense when you can go for a meal with a friend or colleague and you are sitting within 2 meters at a table drinking and eating without a mask in doors with loads of strangers around or watched their kids walking in groups of upto 20 at lunchtime without mask going to shops. you don't know where they have been or what they have been upto or who they have been in contact with, but can't go visit a sister or parent who has just been tested and all clear it's just irritating. Yes I know we have to stop it spreading or jumping from area to area. But I just needed to have a wee moan so sorry and vent my frustration, sorry xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

If you can go for a meal with a friend or colleague, why can't you go for a meal with your sister or parent ?

glasgow

Stay in different locations. Parents western isles. Sister in law down in England . So we went in the one place and different tiers different rules

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I hope things improve for you soon

glasgow

"I hope things improve for you soon"

Thank, just so frustrating that's all. OST of us are probably feeling the same. Just can't wait to be around loved ones again x

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

Yes it's all very frustrating and some of the rules are a bit bizarre,

spare a thought for us up here in the highlands, very low numbers, but

we'll be going from tier 1 to tier 4 in the blink of an eye come boxing day lol.

Not much we can do but suck it up, follow the rules as best we can

and hope the numbers go down again in other areas

glasgow

Yea I was to be going home after Xmas to the western isle to see parents over newyear but that's all scrapped . Partner finishes maternity leave mid jan so who knows now when I will get to see them as they are too old to travel to Glasgow. Breaks my heart as god knows how long they will be around for and missing precious time with their only grandchild

"Yea I was to be going home after Xmas to the western isle to see parents over newyear but that's all scrapped . Partner finishes maternity leave mid jan so who knows now when I will get to see them as they are too old to travel to Glasgow. Breaks my heart as god knows how long they will be around for and missing precious time with their only grandchild

"

In the same boat as in we usually have our kids and their partners home for a new year get together too.

Sadly it's not going to happen this year and I'm sure you know how big a deal new year is up here

Hang on in there though, better times are coming and hope it's not too long until you get to see your folks and what a day that will be for you and your new family

glasgow

"Yea I was to be going home after Xmas to the western isle to see parents over newyear but that's all scrapped . Partner finishes maternity leave mid jan so who knows now when I will get to see them as they are too old to travel to Glasgow. Breaks my heart as god knows how long they will be around for and missing precious time with their only grandchild

In the same boat as in we usually have our kids and their partners home for a new year get together too.

Sadly it's not going to happen this year and I'm sure you know how big a deal new year is up here

Hang on in there though, better times are coming and hope it's not too long until you get to see your folks and what a day that will be for you and your new family "

Thank you and you too. The sooner the better xx

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Feel for you OP as we have family all over the place and have never had so little contact with them. I think the fact that you are still struggling with the effects of covid 2 months on shows the seriousness of the situation and hope you're all feeling better soon.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Tier 4 here ...... nothing open cannot see anyone for Christmas Day.

glasgow

"Feel for you OP as we have family all over the place and have never had so little contact with them. I think the fact that you are still struggling with the effects of covid 2 months on shows the seriousness of the situation and hope you're all feeling better soon."

Hope you get to see your family soon too. yea understand the situation and it's murder , just dying to cuddle family again and let our wee guy meet his family, looks like he's going to be a toddler when some of our family meet him .

glasgow

"Tier 4 here ...... nothing open cannot see anyone for Christmas Day. "

fingers crossed this new lockdown helps slow it down enough where we can stabilise again and hopefully see light at the end of the tunnel though it feels like a hole rather than a tunnel just now x

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Legally, if you live alone you can form a bubble with another household.

Also the police have said that they won't be knocking on people's doors over Christmas

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's hugely frustrating isn't it. The recent restrictions imposed on us at such short notice have cause all sorts of upset.

I really think we should be allowed a little moan. We've put up with so much, missed out on so much and some have endured great loss. I think it's OK to not be relentlessly positive invoking a wartime spirit while singing Vera Lynn songs. Lots of us just want to sit quietly and have it acknowledged that this whole situation is crap. We don't want inspirational quotes or sad stories of people who are worse off than us. We just want our own individual pain acknowledged.

So, I'm sorry op that you're in this situation. It's crap, it feels awful and we all know it isn't getting better any time soon. I empathise, I hope you can make the most of your situation and know that it is actually OK to feel rubbish about it now and again

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's hugely frustrating isn't it. The recent restrictions imposed on us at such short notice have cause all sorts of upset.

I really think we should be allowed a little moan. We've put up with so much, missed out on so much and some have endured great loss. I think it's OK to not be relentlessly positive invoking a wartime spirit while singing Vera Lynn songs. Lots of us just want to sit quietly and have it acknowledged that this whole situation is crap. We don't want inspirational quotes or sad stories of people who are worse off than us. We just want our own individual pain acknowledged.

So, I'm sorry op that you're in this situation. It's crap, it feels awful and we all know it isn't getting better any time soon. I empathise, I hope you can make the most of your situation and know that it is actually OK to feel rubbish about it now and again "

South

"Tier 4 here ...... nothing open cannot see anyone for Christmas Day.

Legally, if you live alone you can form a bubble with another household.

Also the police have said that they won't be knocking on people's doors over Christmas "

I won’t be looking at ways to get round it - I want infection rates to drop. One Christmas is worth it to see this over.

South

fingers crossed this new lockdown helps slow it down enough where we can stabilise again and hopefully see light at the end of the tunnel though it feels like a hole rather than a tunnel just now x"

Bring on the vaccine - it’s the only thing that will change this ‘new normal’ I am just concerned that they will send schools back in two weeks and chaos will ensue

Forum Mod

East Sussex

fingers crossed this new lockdown helps slow it down enough where we can stabilise again and hopefully see light at the end of the tunnel though it feels like a hole rather than a tunnel just now x

Bring on the vaccine - it’s the only thing that will change this ‘new normal’ I am just concerned that they will send schools back in two weeks and chaos will ensue "

It seems counter productive to me but the clear message is that schools must stay open. Travelling across tiers is permitted for education. This rule applies when they are trying to prevent the spread of a virus that seems to be affecting the young predominantly. I'm struggling to see the logic

South

Bring on the vaccine - it’s the only thing that will change this ‘new normal’ I am just concerned that they will send schools back in two weeks and chaos will ensue

It seems counter productive to me but the clear message is that schools must stay open. Travelling across tiers is permitted for education. This rule applies when they are trying to prevent the spread of a virus that seems to be affecting the young predominantly. I'm struggling to see the logic"

I’m not 100% sure teachers and unions will take this one lying down tbh. The feeling has changed

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It seems counter productive to me but the clear message is that schools must stay open. Travelling across tiers is permitted for education. This rule applies when they are trying to prevent the spread of a virus that seems to be affecting the young predominantly. I'm struggling to see the logic

I’m not 100% sure teachers and unions will take this one lying down tbh. The feeling has changed "

Who knows. It's not long since a council kept schools open against its better judgement because it was threatened with legal action by the govt

liverpool

I’m not 100% sure teachers and unions will take this one lying down tbh. The feeling has changed "

Havent they backed down?

Apparently it doesn't apply to Eton however who have been closed for a week

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I understand why we are doing it and agree with the restrictions, my partner, baby and me have had covid back in oct and still struggling from the effects, but I just miss my family and getting to spend time with them. My partner and I had a baby in feb and abig part of our family haven't even meet him yet as We are all spread out in different tiers and parts of the country.it just doesn't make sense when you can go for a meal with a friend or colleague and you are sitting within 2 meters at a table drinking and eating without a mask in doors with loads of strangers around or watched their kids walking in groups of upto 20 at lunchtime without mask going to shops. you don't know where they have been or what they have been upto or who they have been in contact with, but can't go visit a sister or parent who has just been tested and all clear it's just irritating. Yes I know we have to stop it spreading or jumping from area to area. But I just needed to have a wee moan so sorry and vent my frustration, sorry xx"
Stay safe stay strong I wish you a better year 2021

South

I’m not 100% sure teachers and unions will take this one lying down tbh. The feeling has changed

Havent they backed down?

"

I mean for a January return

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Havent they backed down?

I mean for a January return "

Return already delayed in January and I think that will be extended in certain areas, with the requisite that testing of all must take place before face to face classes resume.

glasgow

"It's hugely frustrating isn't it. The recent restrictions imposed on us at such short notice have cause all sorts of upset.

So, I'm sorry op that you're in this situation. It's crap, it feels awful and we all know it isn't getting better any time soon. I empathise, I hope you can make the most of your situation and know that it is actually OK to feel rubbish about it now and again "

that's it in a nutshell, just keep plodding on and will scream it's pish every now and then lol thank you x

South

Havent they backed down?

I mean for a January return

Return already delayed in January and I think that will be extended in certain areas, with the requisite that testing of all must take place before face to face classes resume. "

Not for primary it isn’t all rammed back in on the 5th with no masks

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So, I'm sorry op that you're in this situation. It's crap, it feels awful and we all know it isn't getting better any time soon. I empathise, I hope you can make the most of your situation and know that it is actually OK to feel rubbish about it now and again that's it in a nutshell, just keep plodding on and will scream it's pish every now and then lol thank you x"

liverpool

Re mental health,I was reading something where people can get used to hardship.if they get told its 3 months lockdown.you learn to adapt.

What they cant cope with uncertainty (which is why Tortureres use that.whats going to happen next, fear to great effect)

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Re mental health,I was reading something where people can get used to hardship.if they get told its 3 months lockdown.you learn to adapt.

What they cant cope with uncertainty (which is why Tortureres use that.whats going to happen next, fear to great effect)

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met."

I said to Mr N last night that a partner behaving like the govt is would be accused of being abusive.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Re mental health,I was reading something where people can get used to hardship.if they get told its 3 months lockdown.you learn to adapt.

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met."

well just about every promise that's been made in the last 10 months has never ever happened so does anyone not grasp what is happening to people's mental health and why some are doing what they are doing. All we ask for is truth and not some, pathetic wishy washy remark

Even Hancock said things yesterday which in reality can't and won't happen.the big failing of this government is coming out with statememts which are giving people false hopes

Tell the truth

If it's going to be another six months or a year at least of more of this then say so. Don't say rubbish things, like it'll be over by Easter which has whats been said all this year. I think people would behave a little better and accept things more,and be more understanding if there was more transparency

liverpool

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met.

I said to Mr N last night that a partner behaving like the govt is would be accused of being abusive. "

You would think he would have advisors instructing him what to say/not say.

Instead he says the 1st thing that comes into his head, with no thought of the consequences.

Fuckwit.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I said to Mr N last night that a partner behaving like the govt is would be accused of being abusive.

Instead he says the 1st thing that comes into his head, with no thought of the consequences.

Fuckwit."

The sad thing is that he does have advisors...

liverpool

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met.well just about every promise that's been made in the last 10 months has never ever happened so does anyone not grasp what is happening to people's mental health and why some are doing what they are doing. All we ask for is truth and not some, pathetic wishy washy remark

Even Hancock said things yesterday which in reality can't and won't happen.the big failing of this government is coming out with statememts which are giving people false hopes

Tell the truth

If it's going to be another six months or a year at least of more of this then say so. Don't say rubbish things, like it'll be over by Easter which has whats been said all this year. I think people would behave a little better and accept things more,and be more understanding if there was more transparency "

Its that giving people false hope thsts most damaging.

2 weeks ago.. he said it would be inhumane to cancel Christmas.

People therefore made plans etc

On sat there was a dramatic u turn and they have the nerve to blame people for being irresponsible.

liverpool

Fuckwit.

The sad thing is that he does have advisors... "

Princess nut nuts?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Which is why saying things like..it will be over by Christmas is not only monumentally stupid and irresponsible,it also means people are much more like to rebel.. when these promises are not met.well just about every promise that's been made in the last 10 months has never ever happened so does anyone not grasp what is happening to people's mental health and why some are doing what they are doing. All we ask for is truth and not some, pathetic wishy washy remark

Tell the truth

If it's going to be another six months or a year at least of more of this then say so. Don't say rubbish things, like it'll be over by Easter which has whats been said all this year. I think people would behave a little better and accept things more,and be more understanding if there was more transparency

On sat there was a dramatic u turn and they have the nerve to blame people for being irresponsible. "

Yep abusive and divisive behaviour at its finest.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Fuckwit.

The sad thing is that he does have advisors...

Princess nut nuts? "

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tell the truth

On sat there was a dramatic u turn and they have the nerve to blame people for being irresponsible. "

You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?

liverpool

Tell the truth

On sat there was a dramatic u turn and they have the nerve to blame people for being irresponsible.

You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?"

No I'm saying they have come out with lies and false promises which has made the situation worse.

Tell the truth

You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?

No I'm saying they have come out with lies and false promises which has made the situation worse."

Lol and you haven't? Labour hasn't? News reports haven't, Other governments haven't, Work places haven't to their workers or even to government on how they have furloughed people and claimed the money but kept people working, how business that should have been closed have secretly kept doors open, that 10s of thousands of fabbers keep meeting inspite of regulations.

Your rhetoric is the same broken record of political point scoring shrouded in a cloak of finger pointing, a deflection of responsibility.

Tell the truth

No I'm saying they have come out with lies and false promises which has made the situation worse."

How could THEY have made it better in your opinion? And demonstrate this with evidence?

liverpool

Tell the truth

No I'm saying they have come out with lies and false promises which has made the situation worse.

How could THEY have made it better in your opinion? And demonstrate this with evidence?"

Well perhaps not lying would be the 1st step.

liverpool

Tell the truth

Lol and you haven't? Labour hasn't? News reports haven't, Other governments haven't, Work places haven't to their workers or even to government on how they have furloughed people and claimed the money but kept people working, how business that should have been closed have secretly kept doors open, that 10s of thousands of fabbers keep meeting inspite of regulations.

Your rhetoric is the same broken record of political point scoring shrouded in a cloak of finger pointing, a deflection of responsibility."

News flash.

Labour havent been in power for 10 years.

10s of 1000s..you have evidence of this presumably?

"You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?

Your rhetoric is the same broken record of political point scoring shrouded in a cloak of finger pointing, a deflection of responsibility."

Well said.

liverpool

"You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?

Your rhetoric is the same broken record of political point scoring shrouded in a cloak of finger pointing, a deflection of responsibility.

Well said. "

I'm flattered but im really not interested.

Well said.

I'm flattered but im really not interested."

I wasn't addressing you, son.

liverpool

Well said.

I wasn't addressing you, son."

Perhaps try stalking someone else then?

It's a bit weird tbh.

Well said.

It's a bit weird tbh."

Unreal.

liverpool

Well said.

It's a bit weird tbh.

Unreal."

Appreciated

BTw Lionel you'd be better directly addressing the hundreds of questions you keep avoiding answering with silly retorts.

As far a labour not being in power for over ten years, maybe they need something more to offer the people. On a very simple fundamental issue if it takes so long to sort out simple unacceptable anti-Semitic thought and behaviour internally one would seriously quest their ability to run something a bit more complex like a country.

liverpool

"BTw Lionel you'd be better directly addressing the hundreds of questions you keep avoiding answering with silly retorts.

As far a labour not being in power for over ten years, maybe they need something more to offer the people. On a very simple fundamental issue if it takes so long to sort out simple unacceptable anti-Semitic thought and behaviour internally one would seriously quest their ability to run something a bit more complex like a country."

What questions have I avoided exactly?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"BTw Lionel you'd be better directly addressing the hundreds of questions you keep avoiding answering with silly retorts.

As far a labour not being in power for over ten years, maybe they need something more to offer the people. On a very simple fundamental issue if it takes so long to sort out simple unacceptable anti-Semitic thought and behaviour internally one would seriously quest their ability to run something a bit more complex like a country."

BTw magic who suddenly made you the arbiter for how others respond?

liverpool

Maybe if you didnt come out with nonsense about 10sof thousands of people meeting of fab..I wouldnt need to retort.

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

Same here.

Answer a question with a question, get out clause

South

Did you actually look at the manifesto? Did you actually look at the budget the Tory’s put forward? Read the £40m worth of cuts to Sen education? Or isn’t that enough for you to understand the Tory’s don’t care about the working class? What more are you looking for exactly? The millions they planned to invest in education and the NHS? The national living wage to well stop people starving? The abolishment of zero hour contracts? What is it that is repulsing you about all of Labours policy’s exactly?

South

Tell the truth

You still blaming the government and moaning it's the governments to blame for the virus spread?"

I am 100% ....

liverpool

"Answer a question with a question, get out clause "

I've been asked a question..what would I do..and I've answered by not lying for a start..I cant locate these 100s of questions

As far a labour not being in power for over ten years, maybe they need something more to offer the people. On a very simple fundamental issue if it takes so long to sort out simple unacceptable anti-Semitic thought and behaviour internally one would seriously quest their ability to run something a bit more complex like a country.

Did you actually look at the manifesto? Did you actually look at the budget the Tory’s put forward? Read the £40m worth of cuts to Sen education? Or isn’t that enough for you to understand the Tory’s don’t care about the working class? What more are you looking for exactly? The millions they planned to invest in education and the NHS? The national living wage to well stop people starving? The abolishment of zero hour contracts? What is it that is repulsing you about all of Labours policy’s exactly? "

Totally agree, and this government keeps messing up over and over. Cutting and underestimating and delaying actions and so on. It’s terrible, but what’s even worse is how people justify them and all they have to say is “well at least labour isn’t it”

South

Did you actually look at the manifesto? Did you actually look at the budget the Tory’s put forward? Read the £40m worth of cuts to Sen education? Or isn’t that enough for you to understand the Tory’s don’t care about the working class? What more are you looking for exactly? The millions they planned to invest in education and the NHS? The national living wage to well stop people starving? The abolishment of zero hour contracts? What is it that is repulsing you about all of Labours policy’s exactly?

Totally agree, and this government keeps messing up over and over. Cutting and underestimating and delaying actions and so on. It’s terrible, but what’s even worse is how people justify them and all they have to say is “well at least labour isn’t it”

"

Exactly ... I’m yet to meet a Tory that can tell me exactly how ten years of austerity have benefited this country. All they say is ‘well can you imagine if JC had one’ yes I can bloody imagine!!!!!

South

*won

So, I'm sorry op that you're in this situation. It's crap, it feels awful and we all know it isn't getting better any time soon. I empathise, I hope you can make the most of your situation and know that it is actually OK to feel rubbish about it now and again that's it in a nutshell, just keep plodding on and will scream it's pish every now and then lol thank you x"

lol had a friend who said when he felt like that used to climb the highest hill in view,

give out the loudest scream he could and then climb down ready to face the world again

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Exactly ... I’m yet to meet a Tory that can tell me exactly how ten years of austerity have benefited this country. All they say is ‘well can you imagine if JC had one’ yes I can bloody imagine!!!!! "

It meant we started this pandemic digging deeper in soft clay rather than being in a position where we had already extracted the clay and having to keep digging through bedrock

» Add a new message to this topic