FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > supermarkets yet again.

supermarkets yet again.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

whilst filling up this morning i at a sainsburys i thought it was a lot busier then normal, expecting more people over christmas, so chatted to one of the staff, and they said its double points promotions. oh well fair enough ....

then wondered into the store, and was given a coupon for 10 x nectar points, the store was close to be being rammed, no social distancing whats so ever.

understand more then anyone on businesses are in it for the money, but would of thought the government would of advised no promotions during covid etc the stores are making a killing anyway so why the need to hype up the public?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I went in today and it was definitely crowded, worse than a weekend.

Last minute Christmas shopping.

Replacement Christmas shopping for those whose plans have changed.

Panic buying due to the new strain causing transport delays.

Panic buying pre brexit.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Although there may be other foodstuffs that become unavailable as a result of this, I grew up in a time where lettuce and strawberries were seasonal and you couldn't get them outside of summer.

So not exactly something I'd class as the end of civilisation...

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Monday is always busy in supermarkets I've found.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

Two friends working in tesco and morrisons say its been crazy. People are preparing for another lockdown to be announced tonight

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Two friends working in tesco and morrisons say its been crazy. People are preparing for another lockdown to be announced tonight "

They panicked a bit early then lol.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"whilst filling up this morning i at a sainsburys i thought it was a lot busier then normal, expecting more people over christmas, so chatted to one of the staff, and they said its double points promotions. oh well fair enough ....

then wondered into the store, and was given a coupon for 10 x nectar points, the store was close to be being rammed, no social distancing whats so ever.

understand more then anyone on businesses are in it for the money, but would of thought the government would of advised no promotions during covid etc the stores are making a killing anyway so why the need to hype up the public? "

I take it you don’t normally do the stripping Christmas week... being closed to rammed is a step back from the normal of being rammed! I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t have to queue to get in!

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

So having seen the store was rammed you decided to turn around and leave ?

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

I am sure Mr and Mrs Fuckwitt will be down to their last 2 months worth of toilet rolls and pasta so will obviously need to be stocking up now.

Shhhh ... don’t tell them that Lettuce and Broccoli don’t keep ... I’m sure they will be extending their buying patterns now ..... just be interested to know where they’re going to stock them for the next 2 months!!

Just buy what you need folks xxx

R x

in the sticks

"So having seen the store was rammed you decided to turn around and leave ? "

no brought 12 cans of ale and 15 cans of cider, oh and pint of milk ... oh do you want to know how much fuel i brought at the petrol station? will try and get the name of the employee i spoke to as well if that helps

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s always crazy the last 3/4 days before Xmas people are buying their veg etc and a lot of people will be now cooking meals they hadn’t planned for I know I am not that I’ve been shopping today

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Sainsburys, actually put out a post this morning saying... Expecting a, shortage of cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, green leaf salads, and citrus, fruits for Christmas

Was, this done deliberately to cause panic buying or was it genuine is anyone's guess.

Anyway I went to tesco and got the whole lot just in case

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Sainsburys, actually put out a post this morning saying... Expecting a, shortage of cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, green leaf salads, and citrus, fruits for Christmas

Was, this done deliberately to cause panic buying or was it genuine is anyone's guess.

Anyway I went to tesco and got the whole lot just in case "

It’s reality, when supply chain gets shut down for 48 hrs shelves will run dry on some items.

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"So having seen the store was rammed you decided to turn around and leave ?

no brought 12 cans of ale and 15 cans of cider, oh and pint of milk ... oh do you want to know how much fuel i brought at the petrol station? will try and get the name of the employee i spoke to as well if that helps "

liquid diet

Sainsbury’s are milking this , been all over the news on the radio at wirk about them saying there may be a shortage of certain foods , THIS has caused massive panic and people panic buying, there tills are red hot

in the sticks

"So having seen the store was rammed you decided to turn around and leave ?

no brought 12 cans of ale and 15 cans of cider, oh and pint of milk ... oh do you want to know how much fuel i brought at the petrol station? will try and get the name of the employee i spoke to as well if that helps liquid diet "

has to be done, do get the odd funny look, tell them its for the dog

durham

"Sainsburys, actually put out a post this morning saying... Expecting a, shortage of cauliflower, broccoli, lettuce, green leaf salads, and citrus, fruits for Christmas

Anyway I went to tesco and got the whole lot just in case

It’s reality, when supply chain gets shut down for 48 hrs shelves will run dry on some items. "

not as quick as that it doesn't sainsburys jumped the gun and expected a rush. What's, the first thing to happen when anything like that is mentioned

A stampede

I worked in retail

I know most of the tricks used to get people to shop

durham

Isn't online shopping great

... Not

What about all the the people who pre ordered their turkeys at tesco and asda weeks ago then found they weren't getting them due to a technical glitch. One customer was sent a packet of stuffing as a substitute

how ridiculous is that. Even if it was a joke

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Had to queue at Tescos today, haven't done that for months, could be Christmas, I suppose, but there were plenty of cashiers, so didn't have to queue there and all the staff were brilliant, as usual

By *haverMan  over a year ago

bracknell

"I am sure Mr and Mrs Fuckwitt will be down to their last 2 months worth of toilet rolls and pasta so will obviously need to be stocking up now.

Shhhh ... don’t tell them that Lettuce and Broccoli don’t k

eep ... I’m sure they will be extending their buying patterns now ..... just be interested to know where they’re going to stock them for the next 2 months!!

Yes but sadly you cant wipe your arse on broccoli and lettuce

Just saying..........

R x"

By *haverMan  over a year ago

bracknell

"I am sure Mr and Mrs Fuckwitt will be down to their last 2 months worth of toilet rolls and pasta so will obviously need to be stocking up now.

Shhhh ... don’t tell them that Lettuce and Broccoli don’t k

eep ... I’m sure they will be extending their buying patterns now ..... just be interested to know where they’re going to stock them for the next 2 months!!

Yes but sadly you cant wipe your arse on broccoli and lettuce

Just saying..........

R x"

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm going to try to use the smaller more local shops .. I'm quite prepared to consider easily available alternatives to the traditional big roast meals

I love people moaning about the shops and how busy they are... like they have priority over everyone else or a more valid reason for being there!

"I love people moaning about the shops and how busy they are... like they have priority over everyone else or a more valid reason for being there! "

And in answer to the OP, I think you'll find that promotions are not the determining factor, when people are doing their shopping. It's helpful but I certainly wouldn't make an additional trip to the shop just because I'll get more points or a bit of extra cash off.

in the sticks

"I love people moaning about the shops and how busy they are... like they have priority over everyone else or a more valid reason for being there!

And in answer to the OP, I think you'll find that promotions are not the determining factor, when people are doing their shopping. It's helpful but I certainly wouldn't make an additional trip to the shop just because I'll get more points or a bit of extra cash off."

your be surprised, most industry up here have broken up last friday, so time on their hands. save a fiver ... probably cut your throat for a few extra points

I did my food shopping in Aldi today, was in & out in under an hour.

No busier than usual and it was lunch time x

By *spotpleasurerMan  over a year ago

Norwich

I look at what I buy in a supermarket-

Meat: largely UK

Fish: mix of UK and foreign

Vegetables: largely foreign especially in winter

Fruits: largely foreign especially in winter

Wine, cheese: largely foreign

Rice, pasta, pulses: foreign

If there's a supply chain problem, I'm fucked! No fun living off turnips and home brewed Mead.

"I look at what I buy in a supermarket-

If there's a supply chain problem, I'm fucked! No fun living off turnips and home brewed Mead.

"

You'd think it's permanent. We're really fucked.

We tend to eat 3x what our body needs anyway.

"I'm going to try to use the smaller more local shops .. I'm quite prepared to consider easily available alternatives to the traditional big roast meals "

And there's even a choice with those alternatives too.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

"

What about parsnips, beetroot, kale, cabbage, sprouts, chard, spinach, chicory to name a few home grown winter vegetables

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"

What about parsnips, beetroot, kale, cabbage, sprouts, chard, spinach, chicory to name a few home grown winter vegetables"

Parsnips all day long in this house, along with other frozen veg.

Queuing system at all our big stores today, but no different than the last lockdown, controlled numbers. But could walk straight into M&S or the 8 Tesco extras we have. The food is there if you are willing to adapt.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"

What about parsnips, beetroot, kale, cabbage, sprouts, chard, spinach, chicory to name a few home grown winter vegetables"

Did you forget the freezer is full of beans.

Parsnips are dug cooked and mashed with honey. Carrots dug and stored so will gust get wet picking kale Xmas morning Has to be fresh..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Bound to be busier a few days from Christmas.I was in Asda and they are letting to many it at once discusting.

Went to greengrocer for veg and very busy took 30 mins to get in but loads of stuff.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I look at what I buy in a supermarket-

"

Don't know about the turnips, but the home brewed mead sounds OK...

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

I only panic when I got to wipe my ass with potato peelings. Or a cabbage leaf.

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

"I did my food shopping in Aldi today, was in & out in under an hour.

No busier than usual and it was lunch time x"

under an hour??? if i'm not out within 30 mins that's a very very busy bad pandemic day. in the old days 20 mins tops

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I work sainsburys and was crazy yesterday soon as the doors opened at 6 usually a few in but was rammed! There is no chance of distancing what so ever! It's a free for all! Least only tomoz left for me then of till the monday! X

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Isn't online shopping great

... Not

What about all the the people who pre ordered their turkeys at tesco and asda weeks ago then found they weren't getting them due to a technical glitch. One customer was sent a packet of stuffing as a substitute

how ridiculous is that. Even if it was a joke

"

Yes some of subs are mental it tells u to pick I usually choose myself not pay attention to the alternative its telling u to pick x

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

A big shout out of administration to our supermarket workers!

Daily Star headline made me laugh this morning.

Not sure you'll find much inside the paper, but worth a look for a laugh.

By *achel SmythTV/TS  over a year ago

Farnborough

"Daily Star headline made me laugh this morning.

Not sure you'll find much inside the paper, but worth a look for a laugh."

Hence my comment further up about our Resident panic buyers Mr and Mrs Fuckwitt .... bless em!!

Let them stockpile alll the veg they want... they will learn - well probably they won’t actually!!

I just wish they would stockpile (and use) conforms - at least it would stop them replicating xx

R xx

» Add a new message to this topic