FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Lack of reporting

Lack of reporting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Government and media going nuts over the "new" variant, higher cases, more deaths etc

So why don't they report the average age of deaths still? And how many had underlying conditions.

I know these questions have been asked before, but still what I call, full reporting...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Government and media going nuts over the "new" variant, higher cases, more deaths etc

So why don't they report the average age of deaths still? And how many had underlying conditions.

I know these questions have been asked before, but still what I call, full reporting..."

Fully agree with u,why are they not telling us about underying conditions what people had and just saying covid deaths,

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"Government and media going nuts over the "new" variant, higher cases, more deaths etc

I know these questions have been asked before, but still what I call, full reporting...

Fully agree with u,why are they not telling us about underying conditions what people had and just saying covid deaths, "

Never seen a breakdown of average age of death from Covid on TV

in the sticks

Fully agree with u,why are they not telling us about underying conditions what people had and just saying covid deaths, "

Or what underlying conditions are more susceptible etc

Nice pictures BTW

in the sticks

Fully agree with u,why are they not telling us about underying conditions what people had and just saying covid deaths, Never seen a breakdown of average age of death from Covid on TV "

And none of the media ask about it either ... just seems odd

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Fully agree with u,why are they not telling us about underying conditions what people had and just saying covid deaths, Never seen a breakdown of average age of death from Covid on TV "

The media isn’t trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes but they are trying to be socially responsible. What do you want to be broadcast? A weekly summery to remind those of us under 70 our personal risk from Covid is tiny? Covid restrictions are to protect the NHS and protect the vulnerable. If the public message from media was “don’t worry about catching Covid if you are under 70 it won’t really hurt you” compliance would collapse, the NHS would be swamped and you might as well line up everyone in there 80s and put a bullet in every 10th..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

If you look at organisations like "The Office for National Statistics" there are loads of documents filled with Statistics about Covid infections, deaths, illnesses, ages etc...

Generally though, it will is preferable not to allow people to think "I'm not in an at risk group, so I don't need to worry" as it is this type of thinking that will keep the infection rates. If everyone is suitably concerned about either getting ill or making someone else ill, they are much more likely to be careful.

It's fairly obvious really, and people who keep going on about "tiny death rates, only effecting old people, and other factors in deaths" are generally only looking for validation for not following the restrictions.

Cal

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

So why don't they report the average age of deaths still? And how many had underlying conditions

I know these questions have been asked before, but still what I call, full reporting..."

All the data is there you don't need to look that hard. The average age of uk covid death a few months ago was 82.4 that was widely reported. That has come down a little as more younger people caught it. Also the headline figure is anyone who dies with 28 days, sadly a fit younger person will sometines be able to survive longer than 28 days before passing away. As for people who have comodity most people in the country have at least one, ie asthma copd obesity high blood pressure etc. Very few people die of just cancer should they only report those.

Herne Bay

"If you look at organisations like "The Office for National Statistics" there are loads of documents filled with Statistics about Covid infections, deaths, illnesses, ages etc...

Generally though, it will is preferable not to allow people to think "I'm not in an at risk group, so I don't need to worry" as it is this type of thinking that will keep the infection rates. If everyone is suitably concerned about either getting ill or making someone else ill, they are much more likely to be careful.

It's fairly obvious really, and people who keep going on about "tiny death rates, only effecting old people, and other factors in deaths" are generally only looking for validation for not following the restrictions.

Cal"

There are plenty of people scared out of there brains worried that Covid is going to kill them and have such a tiny risk like 99.999 per cent chance if they do get it they will get over it , so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"If you look at organisations like "The Office for National Statistics" there are loads of documents filled with Statistics about Covid infections, deaths, illnesses, ages etc...

Cal"

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again.

Herne Bay

Cal

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again."

So you like censorship of real facts ? What else shall we hide case it upsets people ?

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

If you know the questions have been asked before, why ask again?

E

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Cal

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again. So you like censorship of real facts ? What else shall we hide case it upsets people ? "

I's not censorship, it's widely held that the position that the elderly are expendable and of no value is abhorrent and people that hold such a position are loathsome beyond description.

Herne Bay

E"

Because you can

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Cal

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again. So you like censorship of real facts ? What else shall we hide case it upsets people ? "

The information is out there if you care to look for it - they spoon feed you the headlines that’s all. It’s not censoring it’s fitting it in a ten second sound bite.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

I really don't care about death age stats. Whether a baby or the oldest person. They're all as valued as everyone else. I just have to follow a few simple rules, to play my part in helping to protect humans.

Herne Bay

"I really don't care about death age stats. Whether a baby or the oldest person. They're all as valued as everyone else. I just have to follow a few simple rules, to play my part in helping to protect humans. "
Who said they wasn’t ? But surely making people that have nigh on zero chance of dying from Covid is not right and letting them worry

E"

Because its an open forums so he can.

Public health Wales publish age figures of those with positive covid tests. The largest number is those 20, - 50.years now. Those over 70 are now much smaller

[Removed by poster at 23/12/20 09:37:24]

"Public health Wales publish age figures of those with positive covid tests. The largest number is those 20, - 50.years now. Those over 70 are now much smaller "

People are talking about deaths not positive tests.

Herne Bay

"Public health Wales publish age figures of those with positive covid tests. The largest number is those 20, - 50.years now. Those over 70 are now much smaller

People are talking about deaths not positive tests."

And the age group mentioned that are testing positive are unless they have underlying health problems got virtually no risk of dying

ribble valley

"I really don't care about death age stats. Whether a baby or the oldest person. They're all as valued as everyone else. I just have to follow a few simple rules, to play my part in helping to protect humans. Who said they wasn’t ? But surely making people that have nigh on zero chance of dying from Covid is not right and letting them worry "

Perhaps people worry about infecting others, not just about themselves

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Cal There are plenty of people scared out of there brains worried that Covid is going to kill them and have such a tiny risk like 99.999 per cent chance if they do get it they will get over it , so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ? "

The overall Uk covid Survival rate is 96.8%. We are much better at treating it now so the rate more like 98.8%. You quote a survival rate of 99.999% which is nearly but not quite true if you are under 14. Your chance of die approximately doubles every 5 years you get older. Up to 80+ where the survival rate is just under 90%.

Herne Bay

"I really don't care about death age stats. Whether a baby or the oldest person. They're all as valued as everyone else. I just have to follow a few simple rules, to play my part in helping to protect humans. Who said they wasn’t ? But surely making people that have nigh on zero chance of dying from Covid is not right and letting them worry

Perhaps people worry about infecting others, not just about themselves "

Worry about dying from Covid themselves when they have such a minute chance , why would you worry those people of there own risk ??

ribble valley

"I really don't care about death age stats. Whether a baby or the oldest person. They're all as valued as everyone else. I just have to follow a few simple rules, to play my part in helping to protect humans. Who said they wasn’t ? But surely making people that have nigh on zero chance of dying from Covid is not right and letting them worry

Perhaps people worry about infecting others, not just about themselves Worry about dying from Covid themselves when they have such a minute chance , why would you worry those people of there own risk ?? "

It's ok. I'll continue to "worry" about other folk. You just concentrate on yourself.

By *ilithxxWoman  over a year ago

London

Cal There are plenty of people scared out of there brains worried that Covid is going to kill them and have such a tiny risk like 99.999 per cent chance if they do get it they will get over it , so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ? "

Maybe they are just not thinking about themselves, that’s novel idea for you, selflessness

All of these things ARE reported. Maybe not in The Sun or The Daily Mail but all of these figures are available from government and/or NHS websites. (Death by, age, gender, ethnicity and health condition). Takes approximately 3 seconds to find it using google.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

“....... so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ?...”

————————————-

Those poor souls need to worry about Long Covid.

Long Covid does not affect just the over 80s, it affects people of all ages. So that’s something to worry about regardless of how old you are.

There are estimated 200,000+ people suffering from long covid in the U.K.

If we need more breakdowns stats on TV, then the stats on long covid is what they should be telling us about rather than the stats of the age group dying.

It is important for the government and the media to inform the public that death is not the only consequence of covid.

The 99% survival rate is misleading, because some of the people who don’t die, never actually make a full recovery.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

What does it matter what age they are people are dying FFS.

By *ilithxxWoman  over a year ago

London

The information is easy to find, but I’m interested to know if people would change their behaviour if kids and young people were affected the same as the old and vulnerable. I’m pretty sure everybody would stay home and would be extra careful. Only goes to show people value some lives more than others. ‘A few old people die who were about to die anyway, who cares, as long as I’m not inconvenienced and can carry on with my bit of fun’. ‘Nhs staff overstretched and overstressed, again, not my problem’. Reality is most of these deaths are and were avoidable, especially now with hopefully massive vaccination round the corner. To only see personal risk in this is a monumental misunderstanding of what a pandemic is and what would actually happen if we only considered individual risk.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Also op does it matter what they report is it going to change what you do, or are you going to follow government guidelines??

Or

Fuck it it's only old sick people I'm just going to crack on as normal.

By *jhj69Couple  over a year ago

sale

[Removed by poster at 23/12/20 10:22:11]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 23/12/20 10:30:04]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes the mainstream media is all over it, not sure why. I think that the real figure over it is so low it is doesnt even register as a %, that also goes for the world wide figure.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

They do . . .

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths

Pick an entry.

Also.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending11december2020

Cal

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again. So you like censorship of real facts ? What else shall we hide case it upsets people ?

I's not censorship, it's widely held that the position that the elderly are expendable and of no value is abhorrent and people that hold such a position are loathsome beyond description."

Wholeheartedly agree with this

Just to remind people News outlets get their info' from Government sources like ONS and the Press Office.

The public can access those services anytime they wish to and at the same time as the News outlets.

If you can't find info' in a newspaper - go find it yourself from the appropriate place.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Cal

Yep, they know it's not socially acceptable to say, 'relax it only kills old folks'. But I think that is what the OP is raising again. So you like censorship of real facts ? What else shall we hide case it upsets people ?

I's not censorship, it's widely held that the position that the elderly are expendable and of no value is abhorrent and people that hold such a position are loathsome beyond description.

Wholeheartedly agree with this "

As do I.

We have wandered into a revolting, self entitled society who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.

By *utmegsMan  over a year ago

Closer than you think

"Just to remind people News outlets get their info' from Government sources like ONS and the Press Office.

The public can access those services anytime they wish to and at the same time as the News outlets.

If you can't find info' in a newspaper - go find it yourself from the appropriate place.

"

/\

This. Nobody’s stopping anyone accessing ‘the facts’.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Cal

There are plenty of people scared out of there brains worried that Covid is going to kill them and have such a tiny risk like 99.999 per cent chance if they do get it they will get over it , so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ? "

The Infection Fatality Rate in the UK is ACTUALLY about 1%, but you also have to remember that those most at risk have been largely protected from exposure. If you were to extrapolate that 1% across the entire population, we would be facing death figures near 700,000. The only reason the fatalities are as low as they are, is because of the restrictions.

Another consideration is that without the restrictions the number of people admitted to hospital, that would mean that huge numbers of other treatments would be postponed or cancelled... costing 100's of thousands of extra deaths.

Cal

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Well, maybe if this and previous governments hadn't made it their mission to hollow out the public services, they could be more "honest" with the figures. As it is, the NHS is struggling to cope with the hospitalisations - broadcast the news that covid is more survivable than it is and you'll fill the hospitals in no time.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Cal

There are plenty of people scared out of there brains worried that Covid is going to kill them and have such a tiny risk like 99.999 per cent chance if they do get it they will get over it , so why give so many of these poor souls such worry ?

The Infection Fatality Rate in the UK is ACTUALLY about 1%, but you also have to remember that those most at risk have been largely protected from exposure. If you were to extrapolate that 1% across the entire population, we would be facing death figures near 700,000. The only reason the fatalities are as low as they are, is because of the restrictions.

Another consideration is that without the restrictions the number of people admitted to hospital, that would mean that huge numbers of other treatments would be postponed or cancelled... costing 100's of thousands of extra deaths.

Cal"

This

» Add a new message to this topic