FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > More in tier 4

More in tier 4

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Reported this morning by Jenrick that they are looking to put more areas in to tier 4 before Christmas therefore changing peoples plans again potentially.

With less than 48 hours to go isn’t this leaving it a bit late?

I know this has the potential to save more lives by doing it but my complaint is with the government itself. Other European countries locked Christmas down weeks ago, why does this government fail to make a decision and stick to it, not just on this issue but also good for school kids etc.

Personally I would rather know where I stand, make a decision, stick to it than changing your mind every 48 hours or so

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/12/20 09:12:01]

I think one thing this virus has exposed is the incompetence of this government.

It has lurched from one disaster to another, with corruption re PPE and other contracts to boot.

Look to South Korea as a comparable nation in terms of size and density of population and you see what could have been achieved.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Reported this morning by Jenrick that they are looking to put more areas in to tier 4 before Christmas therefore changing peoples plans again potentially.

I know this has the potential to save more lives by doing it but my complaint is with the government itself. Other European countries locked Christmas down weeks ago, why does this government fail to make a decision and stick to it, not just on this issue but also good for school kids etc.

Personally I would rather know where I stand, make a decision, stick to it than changing your mind every 48 hours or so "

The Lateness is disgusting personally if I wasn’t in tier 4 I’d be making arrangement as if I was as it will probably happen on Christmas Eve.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It starts and ends at the top. I think the England plan is to keep Christmas day open but that they may have more of the country in 4 once that day is over.

It's speculation at present but little would surprise me, after letting families make advance orders for food and travel, to then having to adjust to much of it being unsustainable due to rules being rehashed.

South

"It starts and ends at the top. I think the England plan is to keep Christmas day open but that they may have more of the country in 4 once that day is over.

It's speculation at present but little would surprise me, after letting families make advance orders for food and travel, to then having to adjust to much of it being unsustainable due to rules being rehashed. "

We had to do exactly that a few days ago ...

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Reported this morning by Jenrick that they are looking to put more areas in to tier 4 before Christmas therefore changing peoples plans again potentially.

Personally I would rather know where I stand, make a decision, stick to it than changing your mind every 48 hours or so "

For reasons best known only to himself the UK prime minister can't take difficult decisions, he prefers to delay until his hand is forced by the circumstances. Do you really it was coincidence he waited until after parliament went on holidays before announcing tier 4 restrictions.

South

Personally I would rather know where I stand, make a decision, stick to it than changing your mind every 48 hours or so

For reasons best known only to himself the UK prime minister can't take difficult decisions, he prefers to delay until his hand is forced by the circumstances. Do you really it was coincidence he waited until after parliament went on holidays before announcing tier 4 restrictions."

The bloke is an inept inefficient cowardly twat ..... get him gone

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

This is the problem you end up with when you vote in a populist government that only work in sound bites and meaningless platitudes...

They do and say things to make them seem good and to enhance their profile, not what’s good for the country. And when it comes to a real crisis they are shown to be the charlatans they are.

Boris kept promising us Christmas so he’d look benevolent, whereas everywhere else has made the hard decisions early.

He’s promised a lot of things.... and we’re about to see what happens when he inevitably can’t deliver.....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't know what will happen but I feel really sorry for people if they are put into tier 4 this close to Christmas. Before Saturday (when we were out into tier 4 about 16 hours after going into tier 3)i would have said you just need to accept it and get on with it. However, seeing the problems it caused, the upset, disappointment and heartache I changed my mind. If you or anyone you know thinks they might get put into tier 4, I'm sorry

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

After Xmas the whole country should be in tier 4 end off strong government needed

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

I don't know what will happen but I feel really sorry for people if they are put into tier 4 this close to Christmas. Before Saturday (when we were out into tier 4 about 16 hours after going into tier 3)i would have said you just need to accept it and get on with it. However, seeing the problems it caused, the upset, disappointment and heartache I changed my mind. If you or anyone you know thinks they might get put into tier 4, I'm sorry "

The people on tier 4 are the lucky ones it is the fairest way to do things

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"

I don't know what will happen but I feel really sorry for people if they are put into tier 4 this close to Christmas. Before Saturday (when we were out into tier 4 about 16 hours after going into tier 3)i would have said you just need to accept it and get on with it. However, seeing the problems it caused, the upset, disappointment and heartache I changed my mind. If you or anyone you know thinks they might get put into tier 4, I'm sorry "

Thank you I am one of those people.

In 3 days we went from tier 2 to tier 3 to tier 4. It's very sad that my children won't get to see their grandmother and cousins.

It was a very painful conversation.

We understand the need for it and keep to to everything that we are supposed to, but it doesn't change the fact that they (and I, miss seeing family).

My father is elderly and vulnerable and we haven't seen him now for 15 months. I'm worried if and when I might see him again.

Tough times but fingers crossed we will get to a point where restrictions can be lifted and it would be safe to see people again sooner rather than later.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"After Xmas the whole country should be in tier 4 end off strong government needed"

It is very likely to be, the rumour is 26/27th T4 national lockdown

I feel for those that may be hit with that news and T4 restrictions before that date.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

if the decision is already made, why would they not just tell us so that we can at least mentally prepare.

It makes no difference to me as I'm already into year 4, but the more notice we would have had the better.

We only had I was noticed that we were going into tier 4, it would have been better to have known a couple of days in advance.

On a mooch

"if the decision is already made, why would they not just tell us so that we can at least mentally prepare.

It makes no difference to me as I'm already into year 4, but the more notice we would have had the better.

We only had I was noticed that we were going into tier 4, it would have been better to have known a couple of days in advance."

I think it’s the increase in numbers that is driving it along with hospital admissions, which is obviously constantly moving. Yes notice would great, but with numbers escalating as they are is it wise to delay ?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

I don't know what will happen but I feel really sorry for people if they are put into tier 4 this close to Christmas. Before Saturday (when we were out into tier 4 about 16 hours after going into tier 3)i would have said you just need to accept it and get on with it. However, seeing the problems it caused, the upset, disappointment and heartache I changed my mind. If you or anyone you know thinks they might get put into tier 4, I'm sorry

Thank you I am one of those people.

In 3 days we went from tier 2 to tier 3 to tier 4. It's very sad that my children won't get to see their grandmother and cousins.

It was a very painful conversation.

We understand the need for it and keep to to everything that we are supposed to, but it doesn't change the fact that they (and I, miss seeing family).

My father is elderly and vulnerable and we haven't seen him now for 15 months. I'm worried if and when I might see him again.

Tough times but fingers crossed we will get to a point where restrictions can be lifted and it would be safe to see people again sooner rather than later."

Tough times indeed. We went from 2 to 3 to 4 over two days too. We've accepted that it'll just be us over Christmas and intend to make the most of it.

Merry Christmas

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"if the decision is already made, why would they not just tell us so that we can at least mentally prepare.

We only had I was noticed that we were going into tier 4, it would have been better to have known a couple of days in advance.

I think it’s the increase in numbers that is driving it along with hospital admissions, which is obviously constantly moving. Yes notice would great, but with numbers escalating as they are is it wise to delay ?

"

The hospitals in this area are at capacity, not helped by Kent having to send patients this way because they literally have no beds.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

"After Xmas the whole country should be in tier 4 end off strong government needed

I feel for those that may be hit with that news and T4 restrictions before that date. "

Why though there are many areas especially in the North where rates have dropped dramatically and continued to do so! Well below levels that were ok for London to be in Tier 2.

Why is it when the North was fucked and the South infections lower the South couldn't possibly be put into the same restrictions as what was imposed on the North!

Reverse the situation and every 5 minutes there's a Londoner on the BBC News 24 Channel crying for a national Tier 4??

Seriously....

KJ

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Well someone MUST have voted for this lot ??

On a mooch

"After Xmas the whole country should be in tier 4 end off strong government needed

I feel for those that may be hit with that news and T4 restrictions before that date.

Why though there are many areas especially in the North where rates have dropped dramatically and continued to do so! Well below levels that were ok for London to be in Tier 2.

Why is it when the North was fucked and the South infections lower the South couldn't possibly be put into the same restrictions as what was imposed on the North!

Reverse the situation and every 5 minutes there's a Londoner on the BBC News 24 Channel crying for a national Tier 4??

Seriously....

KJ"

Did I say I was asking for the national T4 lockdown ? No.

The north / south divide has been discussed many a time and not something I’m going to do again.

I hope the ‘north’ doesn’t have the new strain, but it’s likely it does and if so I hope your numbers don’t double weekly again, but they are very likely to.

So maybe that’s a reason they might but the whole country into T4 to contain its rapid spread, reduce the risk to all.

People will moan about going into T4, but they will moan anyway because they didn’t act soon enough to stop the spread. Damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I know which I would prefer

South

"Well someone MUST have voted for this lot ?? "

Hahaha Tory shame denial is real

On a mooch

"Well someone MUST have voted for this lot ??

Hahaha Tory shame denial is real"

I did, as no way I was voting for JC

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Can you still see your support bubble if you live in different areas under tier 4.?

"Well someone MUST have voted for this lot ?? "
I did.

On a mooch

"Can you still see your support bubble if you live in different areas under tier 4.?"

Yes support bubbles are still valid, although they prefer them (if possible) to be local.

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowed

"Can you still see your support bubble if you live in different areas under tier 4.?

Yes support bubbles are still valid, although they prefer them (if possible) to be local.

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowed"

mines 70miles away but we have stuck strictly to just seeing each other x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Can you still see your support bubble if you live in different areas under tier 4.?"

I'm allowed to do caring stuff for my parents I'm in tier 4 they're in tier 2 (at the moment). I made sure they had a sainsburys delivery weeks ago which they've received (and my mum m has called me to complain about ), that the house is clean and they know who to call in emergencies. I feel OK to leave them for a few days

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Can you still see your support bubble if you live in different areas under tier 4.?

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowedmines 70miles away but we have stuck strictly to just seeing each other x "

It's a difficult call to make isn't it but if you're going by car I can't see a difference between 70 and 7 miles.

On a mooch

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowedmines 70miles away but we have stuck strictly to just seeing each other x "

I’ve PM’d you

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

At some stage you have to decide if the harm the lockdown is causing to the majority of the population that don’t die from this virus.

We learnt this morning that a former work colleague of mine that started his own food manufacturing/supply business to restaurants and cafes has taken his life on Sunday after having to put his business into administration during the last month because his turnover had dried up.

Yet, all we seem bothered about is protecting the NHS and grannies in their 90’s that have had their lives !

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowedmines 70miles away but we have stuck strictly to just seeing each other x

It's a difficult call to make isn't it but if you're going by car I can't see a difference between 70 and 7 miles. "

yeah by car. Pretty much motorway all the way apart from a mile or so his end and 5 mine x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Someone asked this on the BBC Q&A and his bubble was in a different tier, but was allowedmines 70miles away but we have stuck strictly to just seeing each other x

It's a difficult call to make isn't it but if you're going by car I can't see a difference between 70 and 7 miles. yeah by car. Pretty much motorway all the way apart from a mile or so his end and 5 mine x "

If I were you I'd continue to see each other

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Matt Hancock to lead a press conference at 3pm today. He's is expected to announce changes to some tier restrictions in England...

"Matt Hancock to lead a press conference at 3pm today. He's is expected to announce changes to some tier restrictions in England..."

Hopefully Handcock can move the country into tier 5, he's doing a wonderful job

chelmsford

"Matt Hancock to lead a press conference at 3pm today. He's is expected to announce changes to some tier restrictions in England...

Hopefully Handcock can move the country into tier 5, he's doing a wonderful job "

God whoknows what's going to happen...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Well would it not make sense that if Wales and Scotland are in lockdown for the next 4 weeks... and Northern Ireland for 6 weeks... that England do the same! That way till end of January the rules across the entire nation would basically be aligned

On a mooch

"Well would it not make sense that if Wales and Scotland are in lockdown for the next 4 weeks... and Northern Ireland for 6 weeks... that England do the same! That way till end of January the rules across the entire nation would basically be aligned "

Yes that makes sense

"Well would it not make sense that if Wales and Scotland are in lockdown for the next 4 weeks... and Northern Ireland for 6 weeks... that England do the same! That way till end of January the rules across the entire nation would basically be aligned "
as much as I Dont want that .. yes it would make a lot of sense

A few weeks lockdown is not enough, the whole of the U.K. needs to be locked down for all of 2021 and hopefully 2022 as well

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

It’s going to be a bloody good December and January for the Amazon bosses that’s for sure !

"A few weeks lockdown is not enough, the whole of the U.K. needs to be locked down for all of 2021 and hopefully 2022 as well "

Not even possible

"A few weeks lockdown is not enough, the whole of the U.K. needs to be locked down for all of 2021 and hopefully 2022 as well "

Just blow it all up and start again.

chelmsford

I think that does make sense

chelmsford

New tiers to come in from boxing day..

Cornwall in tier 2 now... they've been ok since the beginning.. k

chelmsford

He didn't say how long they will last.

"It’s going to be a bloody good December and January for the Amazon bosses that’s for sure !"

And royal mail

On a mooch

"He didn't say how long they will last."

I imagine you are looking at the middle of jan for the first review, but expect it to last longer

On a mooch

"It’s going to be a bloody good December and January for the Amazon bosses that’s for sure !"

Other suppliers are available

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"He didn't say how long they will last.

I imagine you are looking at the middle of jan for the first review, but expect it to last longer "

They are up for review every 2 to 3 weeks......

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I’ve now joined the club tier 4 ( Hampshire )

Tier 4 for all of Sussex now.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I’ve now joined the club tier 4 ( Hampshire ) "

Welcome!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

This sounds like further evidence that the government and the scientists still have yet to formulate a coherent plan or any evidence of imagination or intelligent thought.

I just wonder if the data they are using this time is even anywhere near accurate or representative given their track record and the fact that Neil Ferguson has been slipped back into the fold.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Oxford. Cambridge, Essex,Hampshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Sussex in tier 4 from boxing day

When will Hancock admit we havnt a, hope in hell

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

This guy is useless, he has been from. Day 1

chelmsford

I imagine you are looking at the middle of jan for the first review, but expect it to last longer "

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

tier 4 from boxing day.

chelmsford

I imagine you are looking at the middle of jan for the first review, but expect it to last longer

They are up for review every 2 to 3 weeks......"

Thanks Fabio..he said he hoped this was his last briefing before Christmas...

How do we find our tier

Thanks Fabio..he said he hoped this was his last briefing before Christmas... "

I am expecting boxing day to be a day where more restrictions are added x

chelmsford

"How do we find our tier "

Gov.uk local restrictions, pop in your postcode..maybe not updated yet

"How do we find our tier

Gov.uk local restrictions, pop in your postcode..maybe not updated yet "

Thankyou I keep refreshing the page

By *utecontradictionMan  over a year ago

Malvern

"How do we find our tier "

We are still in tier 2 in worcs. But dont worry....we wont be left out....tier 3 and 4 are coming to us soon.

chelmsford

Thanks Fabio..he said he hoped this was his last briefing before Christmas... I am expecting boxing day to be a day where more restrictions are added x "

Yep wouldn't surprise me...

On a mooch

"How do we find our tier

Thankyou I keep refreshing the page "

The announced changes, but best to double check by postcode

From 00:01 on Boxing Day, Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, those parts in Essex not already in tier four, Waverley in Surrey, and Hampshire - including Portsmouth and Southampton but with the exception of the New Forest - will be escalated to tier four.

Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset (including the North Somerset area), Swindon, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest and Northamptonshire, as well as Cheshire and Warrington, will be escalated to tier three.

Cornwall and Herefordshire will be escalated to tier two.

chelmsford

"How do we find our tier

Thankyou I keep refreshing the page "

Haha! Looks like a poster has answered this for you

"How do we find our tier

Thankyou I keep refreshing the page

The announced changes, but best to double check by postcode

From 00:01 on Boxing Day, Sussex, Oxfordshire, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, those parts in Essex not already in tier four, Waverley in Surrey, and Hampshire - including Portsmouth and Southampton but with the exception of the New Forest - will be escalated to tier four.

Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset (including the North Somerset area), Swindon, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest and Northamptonshire, as well as Cheshire and Warrington, will be escalated to tier three.

Cornwall and Herefordshire will be escalated to tier two.

"

Brilliant thankyou. X

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Oxford. Cambridge, Essex,Hampshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Sussex in tier 4 from boxing day

When will Hancock admit we havnt a, hope in hell"

When he admits that the science keeps getting it wrong and that he's so out of his depth he'll believe anything apocalyptic that SAGE or NERVTAG puts in front of him.

» Add a new message to this topic