FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Perspective

Perspective

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *havennaturists OP   Couple  over a year ago

Banff

Imagine just surviving the killing fields of Flanders in 1918 where half a million of your comrades lost their lives and finding yourself in the Spanish Flu pandemic that killed around 50 million people in the World, then scroll forward to 2020.......Feeling so hard done by now?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andyblokeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

but but we could run out of lettuce,,,omg

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Perspectives and context is all..

I get what your saying and share part of the sentiment but we can keep making comparisons that outdo the other and where does it stop and more importantly perhaps what does it achieve..

Dealing with the now is where we are, and for some it's been pretty awful and won't get easier for a while..

So whilst I share what seems to be the reason behind the post op and certainly for some it is appropriate to say oi get a grip for others it more about an arm around a shoulder and trying to emphasise with just what this is for them..

By *havennaturists OP   Couple  over a year ago

Banff

I believe you strike a good balance. It's good to reassure people too that things similar to this have happened before and we haven't been burdened by negative outcomes for ever.

Peace and goodwill to all.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

"but but we could run out of lettuce,,,omg "

... and broccoli...Don’t panic! Don’ t panic!!!

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Imagine just surviving the killing fields of Flanders in 1918 where half a million of your comrades lost their lives and finding yourself in the Spanish Flu pandemic that killed around 50 million people in the World, then scroll forward to 2020.......Feeling so hard done by now?"

Let’s be honest women’s rights, equality for all sexuality abs race and all the other changes make to comparison null and void really. We are humans that have existed in a totally different environment ... while I agree that sitting home watching Netflix isn’t a hardship we wouldn’t survive what our previous generations did.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think it's useful to dismiss people's feelings because others had it harder. People who are used to life in the late 20th and early 21st century are dealing with conditions as they are now. My dad keeps telling me how much worse it was in the war and he's quite possibly right but we're not in the war.

Support for each other now would be better in my opinion than telling everyone to man up.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Imagine just surviving the killing fields of Flanders in 1918 where half a million of your comrades lost their lives and finding yourself in the Spanish Flu pandemic that killed around 50 million people in the World, then scroll forward to 2020.......Feeling so hard done by now?

Let’s be honest women’s rights, equality for all sexuality abs race and all the other changes make to comparison null and void really. We are humans that have existed in a totally different environment ... while I agree that sitting home watching Netflix isn’t a hardship we wouldn’t survive what our previous generations did. "

I think we would as a race. Most of the world doesn't have a similar lifestyle to us and I think most of us would adapt whatever the conditions.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"but but we could run out of lettuce,,,omg "
This stupid quote sums up a lot of modern day shallow selfish people

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Thinking about the past as a felt experience is a null semantic. We can learn lessons from the past but we can't actually experience them.

What people feel now is what they feel in the active experiences of their lives in this moment.

So. I for one would like people to stop telling me to get over what I'm experiencing today simply because someone had it worse yesterday.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"but but we could run out of lettuce,,,omg This stupid quote sums up a lot of modern day shallow selfish people"

Emma, there's still time if you write to Santa to maybe receive some of the sense of humour you seem to have lost..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Imagine just surviving the killing fields of Flanders in 1918 where half a million of your comrades lost their lives and finding yourself in the Spanish Flu pandemic that killed around 50 million people in the World, then scroll forward to 2020.......Feeling so hard done by now?"

During the war...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If this pandemic has achieved anything it’s made the population become aware of death. Prior to this unless it affected them personally the vast majority never gave it a thought.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

There's a touch of four yorkshire men about this post.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"but but we could run out of lettuce,,,omg

This stupid quote sums up a lot of modern day shallow selfish people

Emma, there's still time if you write to Santa to maybe receive some of the sense of humour you seem to have lost.. "

E

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Thinking about the past as a felt experience is a null semantic. We can learn lessons from the past but we can't actually experience them.

What people feel now is what they feel in the active experiences of their lives in this moment.

So. I for one would like people to stop telling me to get over what I'm experiencing today simply because someone had it worse yesterday."

E

» Add a new message to this topic