FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Dover

Dover

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just been watch the news at Dover with all the lorry drivers who are stuck there.

Jesus we certainly haven't got a clue as the majority of them speak little or no english. They have been stuck there since Saturday with no food or drink.

Dover has one public toilet...which is shut. No portaloos have arrived.

Surely we should have interpreters there and proper facilities for them as this shitshow is of not fault of any of these poor buggers.

World beating eh

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Macron must be chuckling..

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Macron must be chuckling.."

Are their similar tail backs in Calais? not seen any reports. It's a bit odd if it's all this side of the channel.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The German ambassador has tried to get through to speak to them but was unable to. It really is awful for them. Its not just lorry drivers, there are mini buses with elderly people and children, transit vans and coaches. It must be a nightmare for everyone in that queue

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They’ve just had a junior transport minister on the Radio 4 news. Never answered a single question about why there are no facilities of the drivers and refused to acknowledge most (including families stuck in cars) would not be stranded for Christmas; even though he stated the timescales for clearing normal much smaller stoppages were around 3 days.

Add to that the fact that the vaccination program is falling way behind plan due to logistics and IT issues.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Macron must be chuckling..

Are their similar tail backs in Calais? not seen any reports. It's a bit odd if it's all this side of the channel."

The restrictions are one way, people are allowed into Britain, but not out.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

We have only had 4 years to plan for this... shit show is a great description for this especially if your walking along the side of 1000 plus lorries.

Going to watch this carefully as it will have big implications for all if they can’t sort this process out in days, weeks and coming months. Pity all those second home in France owners won’t be quite so easy now will it...Non!

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"We have only had 4 years to plan for this... shit show is a great description for this especially if your walking along the side of 1000 plus lorries.

Going to watch this carefully as it will have big implications for all if they can’t sort this process out in days, weeks and coming months. Pity all those second home in France owners won’t be quite so easy now will it...Non! "

The issue is COVID related not Brexit, though I imagine that will create it's own problems.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"We have only had 4 years to plan for this... shit show is a great description for this especially if your walking along the side of 1000 plus lorries.

"

We knew 4 years ago that COVID and a more infectious strain was going to force countries to close their borders to us?

No. I don't think that we did.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Going to watch this carefully as it will have big implications for all if they can’t sort this process out in days, weeks and coming months. Pity all those second home in France owners won’t be quite so easy now will it...Non! "

It’s not brexit it’s a covid issue.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's fucking disgusting state of affairs and a poor reflection on Macron acting like a petulant teenager.

This ain't about covid it's willy waving over fishing rights.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's fucking disgusting state of affairs and a poor reflection on Macron acting like a petulant teenager.

This ain't about covid it's willy waving over fishing rights."

I thought,silly me,it was about France, and about another 20 countries, protecting their people.

Irony that for almost a year people have been arguing we should have closed our borders but as soon as someone does it to us it’s outrageous double standards much

liverpool

"Irony that for almost a year people have been arguing we should have closed our borders but as soon as someone does it to us it’s outrageous double standards much "

We dont do irony here

NW London

"It's fucking disgusting state of affairs and a poor reflection on Macron acting like a petulant teenager.

I thought,silly me,it was about France, and about another 20 countries, protecting their people."

It ain't.

Or maybe it's too difficult for simpleton politicians to enable policies which differentiate between essential travel for trade/commerce and somebody going on holiday?

Here's a little hint for them: a person behind the wheel of a big fuck off attic lorry is a massive indication of intent

liverpool

I thought,silly me,it was about France, and about another 20 countries, protecting their people.

It ain't.

Or maybe it's too difficult for simpleton politicians to enable policies which differentiate between essential travel for trade/commerce and somebody going on holiday?

Here's a little hint for them: a person behind the wheel of a big fuck off attic lorry is a massive indication of intent "

Why did isreal close their borders to us?

On a mooch

"Irony that for almost a year people have been arguing we should have closed our borders but as soon as someone does it to us it’s outrageous double standards much "

We didn’t close our borders though, the other countries did, we haven’t put our big boy pants on to do that yet.

NW London

It ain't.

Here's a little hint for them: a person behind the wheel of a big fuck off attic lorry is a massive indication of intent

Why did isreal close their borders to us?"

Obviously countries close their borders as part of their preventative strategies. Understandable.

But

Lorries from the EU and UK do not cross the Israeli border, UK and EU lorries ARE required to navigate across the English Channel.

I'm quite sure that cargo flights are still able to land/take off.

liverpool

It ain't.

Obviously countries close their borders as part of their preventative strategies. Understandable.

But

Lorries from the EU and UK do not cross the Israeli border, UK and EU lorries ARE required to navigate across the English Channel.

I'm quite sure that cargo flights are still able to land/take off. "

Half the world closed their borders to us..it was nothing to do with Brexit.

Though maybe its finally seen those lunatics how disastrous a no deal would be.

By *armandwet50Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

It ain't.

But

Though maybe its finally seen those lunatics how disastrous a no deal would be."

Why did they close the borders to "us"?

liverpool

It ain't.

But

"

Because we announced we had a new strain presumably

Manchester

In Europe alone 20 countries, most of them in the EU bubble have a larger case load per 1 million of population than the UK have, many of them have known of the new mutation but kept it quiet for many months. So why did they close the borders????

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It ain't.

But

"

We closed borders within our own country due to "son of covid" it seems fair and reasonable that countries close their borders to us.

I have been blockaded in france years back by lorry drivers when I was on the coaches. Monday til Friday we got no help either.

Just have to grin and bear it.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

This ain't about covid it's willy waving over fishing rights."

Oh not the other 49 countries that have done the same?

Manchester

It ain't.

But

We closed borders within our own country due to "son of covid" it seems fair and reasonable that countries close their borders to us. "

They have known of this mutation for months, yet no one else had borders closed. I'm quoting news and info available to all.

liverpool

"In Europe alone 20 countries, most of them in the EU bubble have a larger case load per 1 million of population than the UK have, many of them have known of the new mutation but kept it quiet for many months. So why did they close the borders???? "

Link?

Bolton

It ain't.

But

I'm quite sure that cargo flights are still able to land/take off. "

Wrong, they weren't

Bolton

It ain't.

But

Though maybe its finally seen those lunatics how disastrous a no deal would be."

The 52% of the population?

Manchester

Oh not the other 49 countries that have done the same? "

"49" most in the EU to be a solid block of petulant babies financed to follow the lead

On a mooch

".

We closed borders within our own country due to "son of covid" it seems fair and reasonable that countries close their borders to us.

They have known of this mutation for months, yet no one else had borders closed. I'm quoting news and info available to all."

Yes they’ve tracked this back to a result in October from a test taken in September, patient number one let’s say. However to understand the effects of how it acts it takes time for it to be found and analysed in other results, so not fair to say they’ve known this new variant was a cause for concern months ago

Bolton

Going to watch this carefully as it will have big implications for all if they can’t sort this process out in days, weeks and coming months. Pity all those second home in France owners won’t be quite so easy now will it...Non!

The issue is COVID related not Brexit, though I imagine that will create it's own problems. "

Shhhhh, don't tell them that. They're convinced it's Brexit. They don't know about the virus

Manchester

"In Europe alone 20 countries, most of them in the EU bubble have a larger case load per 1 million of population than the UK have, many of them have known of the new mutation but kept it quiet for many months. So why did they close the borders????

Link?"

Here is one of many just look for em, us google translate;

https://nova.bg/news/view/2020/12/23/309291/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84-%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81-%D0%B8-%D0%B2-%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0/

Manchester

".

They have known of this mutation for months, yet no one else had borders closed. I'm quoting news and info available to all.

Yes they’ve tracked this back to a result in October from a test taken in September, patient number one let’s say. However to understand the effects of how it acts it takes time for it to be found and analysed in other results, so not fair to say they’ve known this new variant was a cause for concern months ago "

In UK yes but i was talking about EU countries

Manchester

The issue is COVID related not Brexit, though I imagine that will create it's own problems.

Shhhhh, don't tell them that. They're convinced it's Brexit. They don't know about the virus "

It has been in Europe for months follow my earlier link and use google to translate it

On a mooch

".

Yes they’ve tracked this back to a result in October from a test taken in September, patient number one let’s say. However to understand the effects of how it acts it takes time for it to be found and analysed in other results, so not fair to say they’ve known this new variant was a cause for concern months ago

In UK yes but i was talking about EU countries"

How could the EU and others react if we didn’t even know it’s effects until recently ?

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I refer my honourable friends & colleagues to my last post on the “France” thread.

It’s not our shit show, it’s Macron’s, affecting his compatriots in the rest of mainland Europe more than he is us.

Not a great deal of sympathy tbh after watching the U.K. transport industry go to pot.

S

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

No food, no toilets, no care = disgusting

Manchester

".

In UK yes but i was talking about EU countries

How could the EU and others react if we didn’t even know it’s effects until recently ?"

because they all wanted to bury their heads

On a mooch

"In Europe alone 20 countries, most of them in the EU bubble have a larger case load per 1 million of population than the UK have, many of them have known of the new mutation but kept it quiet for many months. So why did they close the borders????

Link?

https://nova.bg/news/view/2020/12/23/309291/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84-%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81-%D0%B8-%D0%B2-%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0/"

Sorry what language am I translating, Russian ?

liverpool

Link?

https://nova.bg/news/view/2020/12/23/309291/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84-%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81-%D0%B8-%D0%B2-%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0/

Sorry what language am I translating, Russian ? "

Morse code

Manchester

Link?

Sorry what language am I translating, Russian ? "

Bulgarian

Manchester

Link?

Morse code "

dot dot dot dash dash dash

Manchester

Cut and paste the link, it's worth the effort

By *ovebjsMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Whoever runs operation stack should be worried about his job at this time because it’s not a new thing and they should have been rolling out toilets ect as soon as it was invoked.

Bolton

Shhhhh, don't tell them that. They're convinced it's Brexit. They don't know about the virus

It has been in Europe for months follow my earlier link and use google to translate it

"

Follow what earlier link.

I'm talking about the virus not Brexit

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

We knew 4 years ago that COVID and a more infectious strain was going to force countries to close their borders to us?

No. I don't think that we did.

"

Awwww but we love a bit of self flagellation... There must be something else that is all our fault.

Manchester

here's the jist of the post:

Is she getting sicker?

"The virus is one, but there may be mutants. This one in Britain is known in Europe and South America. In our country it has existed since June. There has been a publication about its worldwide presence since the end of March.

This was stated on the air of "Hello, Bulgaria" by the virologist Prof. Radka Argirova.

Manchester

I'm talking about the virus not Brexit "

It was a political closure, the virus was simply a pawn in the game

On a mooch

Link?

Bulgarian"

I’ve translated it and read it, it doesn’t mention the specific variation or mutation, it’s all very vague

I’d post the translation here but I don’t want to get done for posting falling information, it’s not my native tongue and google translate is not always accurate.

in Lancashire

It ain't.

But

The 52% of the population? "

Wrong..

52% of those who bothered to vote, not disputing the result bit it's simply wrong to try and suggest what you did..

liverpool

It ain't.

But

The 52% of the population? "

The gmnt.

Link?

https://nova.bg/news/view/2020/12/23/309291/%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%84-%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B0-%D0%BE%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B5-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B0-%D1%83-%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%81-%D0%B8-%D0%B2-%D0%B5%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0/"

Bugger using that link..end up with a worse virus then covid

Manchester

Link?

Bugger using that link..end up with a worse virus then covid "

NW London

It's a joke really, lorry drivers are about the least likely people to transmit the bug. It's a lonely profession, not like they will be mingling with many people.

It's a political thing not a virus thing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It's a joke really, lorry drivers are about the least likely people to transmit the bug. It's a lonely profession, not like they will be mingling with many people.

It's a political thing not a virus thing."

It was a block against travellers from the UK, not specifically lorry drivers, due to our announcement and emergency Tier 4 implementations because of it. They have a duty of care to their citizens. The UK states have imposed travel restrictions internally too.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Most of them are polish according to reports...

"Most of them are polish according to reports... "

And your point?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"It's a joke really, lorry drivers are about the least likely people to transmit the bug. It's a lonely profession, not like they will be mingling with many people.

It's a political thing not a virus thing."

True mate they weren't mingling until macron stopped them now they are all out of their cabs most with no masks on having a go at the police.

NW London

It was a block against travellers from the UK, not specifically lorry drivers, due to our announcement and emergency Tier 4 implementations because of it. They have a duty of care to their citizens. The UK states have imposed travel restrictions internally too. "

But it's not a huge leap of common sense or a big challenge to differentiate between essential commerce travel and non essential travel.

As I've said before a big lorry and delivery docket is a huge giveaway.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

It was a block against travellers from the UK, not specifically lorry drivers, due to our announcement and emergency Tier 4 implementations because of it. They have a duty of care to their citizens. The UK states have imposed travel restrictions internally too.

But it's not a huge leap of common sense or a big challenge to differentiate between essential commerce travel and non essential travel.

As I've said before a big lorry and delivery docket is a huge giveaway."

Just heard on the news that they are playing “driving home for Christmas” by Chris Rhea on the tannoy system on constant loop just to get them in the festive mood while they wait

Will you relentless Remoaners give it a rest, if you could take your head out of your master Macron’s backside for a moment you can thank HIM for this. Brexit is happening, suck it up and move on for the sake of the country, although judging by the venom most of you keep directing at Britain despite living here, I guess you are praying the country fails. Merry Christmas

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

They been stacked up here at ashford! Yesterday on one of the forums we could donate £10 and the local holiday inn were open for them to shower and eat! Lovely gesture they raised so much they had to close donations x

Just heard on the news that they are playing “driving home for Christmas” by Chris Rhea on the tannoy system on constant loop just to get them in the festive mood while they wait "

Stop adding H's... its Rea ffs

in Lancashire

Just heard on the news that they are playing “driving home for Christmas” by Chris Rhea on the tannoy system on constant loop just to get them in the festive mood while they wait

Stop adding H's... its Rea ffs "

Rheally..?

Rheally..? "

Wheely....I've got a problem with my R,s

in Lancashire

Rheally..?

Wheely....I've got a problem with my R,s "

In which case melly cliffmas..

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Rheally..?

Wheely....I've got a problem with my R,s "

I think you will find your Whrong Suzy Wong !

Rheally..?

In which case melly cliffmas.. "

And a happy new yeah to you

in Lancashire

Rheally..?

In which case melly cliffmas..

And a happy new yeah to you "

Ditto mate..

Rheally..?

I think you will find your Whrong Suzy Wong ! "

I think I met her last year....never been the same since

Bolton

It was a political closure, the virus was simply a pawn in the game"

Ah so affect the entire world with a virus to get a political closure to Brexit?

So, under your premise, it'll clear up now we've got a deal?

Bolton

It ain't.

But

Wrong..

52% of those who bothered to vote, not disputing the result bit it's simply wrong to try and suggest what you did.."

That still beats the 48% of those others that bothered to vote

I think you need to split what I said to what other people said.

No argument. Brexit happened

Bolton

It ain't.

But

The gmnt."

Excellent response. Whatever that means. Not like you to be virtually speechless

Bolton

Rheally..? "

liverpool

It ain't.

But

The gmnt.

Excellent response. Whatever that means. Not like you to be virtually speechless "

You asked a question

I answered it

Its not rocket science

Manchester

Ah so affect the entire world with a virus to get a political closure to Brexit?

So, under your premise, it'll clear up now we've got a deal? "

Nobody said that. I said the politicians are not beyond using the current pandemic to make a point by using the virus as a pawn in the name of politics. I spend most of my time in Europe listening to their side as well.

Bolton

Nobody said that. I said the politicians are not beyond using the current pandemic to make a point by using the virus as a pawn in the name of politics. I spend most of my time in Europe listening to their side as well."

Ah you mean Monsieur Macron

Bolton

It ain't.

But

The gmnt.

Excellent response. Whatever that means. Not like you to be virtually speechless

You asked a question

I answered it

Its not rocket science"

Well you said gmnt whatever that is

Manchester

Nobody said that. I said the politicians are not beyond using the current pandemic to make a point by using the virus as a pawn in the name of politics. I spend most of my time in Europe listening to their side as well.

Ah you mean Monsieur Macron "

I do indeed sir, I do indeed

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

It ain't.

But

Wrong..

52% of those who bothered to vote, not disputing the result bit it's simply wrong to try and suggest what you did..

That still beats the 48% of those others that bothered to vote

I think you need to split what I said to what other people said.

No argument. Brexit happened "

Yes it did unfortunately!! x

"I've just been watch the news at Dover with all the lorry drivers who are stuck there.

Jesus we certainly haven't got a clue as the majority of them speak little or no english. They have been stuck there since Saturday with no food or drink.

Surely we should have interpreters there and proper facilities for them as this shitshow is of not fault of any of these poor buggers.

World beating eh"

Assuming government is there to help, which it is not.

"I've just been watch the news at Dover with all the lorry drivers who are stuck there.

World beating eh"

It is not as though we got any warning!

» Add a new message to this topic