FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sunak wants your savings...

Sunak wants your savings...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So apparently Sunak wants people to stop hoarding the money they saved during lockdown and start confidently pumping it back into the economy...

“I feel good about the bounceback – I think people have been sitting at home, building up some savings hopefully and we would like to go and spend them when we get back,” Sunak said.

Do you feel confident to start throwing cash about next year or do you think the lockdowns will be a part of life for the next few years and feel safer with ya savings?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Is he including the folk on furlough, many of whom won't be getting anywhere near their usual wage if they earn over 2grand. Is he including the likes of taxi drivers who are earning a tenner a day in many cases? Is he including the millions who are unsure if they'll have a job in the coming weeks and months?

They really are a moronic shower of cunts.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I'm sure as normality returns, people will go mad for holidays, nights out, theatres, pop concerts and festivals, sporting events etc.

All the things thats been missing from this year, and will all lead to a welcome increase in tax take.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How out of touch is he?

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I will decide what I do with my money.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Pay of your debts if you can ,don’t trust lying politicians it’s going to get bad

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

To an extent he's right, once something resembling normalcy returns people will be going out more to make up for lost time, pubs, restaurants etc which in turn promote growth in other sectors.

I don't think he's proposing a raid on people's hard earned savings but suggesting that there will a quicker return to pre-covid levels of social interaction than some others think

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm throwing our money into fixing all the stuff in our house that's needed fixing for ages but we'd not had the money to fix. Living room floor done today. Bathroom planned in January and kitchen to follow PDQ. Guttering to be fixed in the New Year too. Is that good enough for dishy Rishi?

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

No money saved here unfortunately. As much as I'd love to go on a serious shopping spree and go on loads of nights out (when the time is right) and give our economy my share of that boost, it ain't happening x

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

People in England do not save enough no problem they will spend because most do not think

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Fabulous for anybody who is managing to save during this time. I think most people are struggling and if they are not, they are probably helping friends and family rather than saving.

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

I lost my job in March and then set myself up to operate on a freelance basis.

Anything that I have made over my basic living wage has gone straight into savings which are there to bail me out for the next time the brown stuff hits the fan.

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

I want his wage.

By *oxesMan  over a year ago

Southend, Essex

Spitting Image refer to him as the Super hero known as the Borrower.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Bought a house in October.. So no savings left!

Dunstable

70 k wages. Yer what a prick. Starting teaching 25 k.

upton wirral

"Spitting Image refer to him as the Super hero known as the Borrower."
He will want it all back

I’ve earned £1400 this financial year. As a contractor I didn’t qualify for furlough The savings I have stopped me getting benefits .

So sorry to piss on your chips Rishi

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Spitting Image refer to him as the Super hero known as the Borrower.He will want it all back "
and then the real moaning will Start

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He's perhaps thinking of people comfortably off like himself and his wife, with £millions tucked away here, there and pretty much everywhere. He's presided over systems that have left some people with next to nothing and where people who had to isolate for the benefit of everybody else lost wages. Ogmf course, there are others who did work, until jobs disappeared. Students who needed part time jobs to pay for their upkeep but hospitality jobs weren't possible.

Not to mention that bills haven't stood still, whilst this has thrown the year into chaos. Didn't leave the piggy banks overflowing. The feckless lot didn't know a Conservative politician, to fastrack a no queries or competition contract selling any old stuff to the government bodies that you'd never sold or been involved in before, but could add £millions even acting as a 'consultant'.

There's the end of the transition period too, so I'll need to cost that into any few pennies I'll have left over . He sounds just a bit premature here and cluelessly out of touch, like the rest of them.

Do overdrafts count as savings

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Spitting Image refer to him as the Super hero known as the Borrower.He will want it all back and then the real moaning will Start

"

Can't say we ain't been warned or that it's unexpected.

He's not getting my money. I, like a lot of other people, am not working due to this pandemic so I'm keeping my money as best I can and then when I eventually get a job again and only then, will I start spending again. I totally understand the economy needs people spending in order to recover but right now we need our money more. Sorry if it sounds selfish but that's just my opinion x

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"70 k wages. Yer what a prick. Starting teaching 25 k. "

Nobody is forced to take up teaching... if you want a high paid job you have to set your sights elsewhere!

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

and what about the poor sods who are ploughing everything into a Help to Buy account, just to take years to save up the bleeding deposit.

Interest rates for savings in the bank are on average 0.01%. Soon you’ll be charged to save money as most are charged for their current accounts

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"Interest rates for savings in the bank are on average 0.01%. Soon you’ll be charged to save money as most are charged for their current accounts "

I'll be stuffing any savings under the mattress, if they start charging x

"He's perhaps thinking of people comfortably off like himself and his wife, with £millions tucked away here, there and pretty much everywhere. He's presided over systems that have left some people with next to nothing and where people who had to isolate for the benefit of everybody else lost wages. Ogmf course, there are others who did work, until jobs disappeared. Students who needed part time jobs to pay for their upkeep but hospitality jobs weren't possible.

Not to mention that bills haven't stood still, whilst this has thrown the year into chaos. Didn't leave the piggy banks overflowing. The feckless lot didn't know a Conservative politician, to fastrack a no queries or competition contract selling any old stuff to the government bodies that you'd never sold or been involved in before, but could add £millions even acting as a 'consultant'.

There's the end of the transition period too, so I'll need to cost that into any few pennies I'll have left over . He sounds just a bit premature here and cluelessly out of touch, like the rest of them. "

i think he is probably thinking about people similar to me with an office job which is somewhat safe but moved to home ... many of them have saved cash on the commute, no childcare fees, gym memberships getting frozen over and over, kids clubs stopped is money saved, no after work drinks/ christmas nights out, school trips or holidays

those type of people have been storing up their cash for a rainy day

myself i lived close enough that i had no commute to save on either time or cash, got no kids so no saved childcare, still got away because i needed a break from the same 4 solitary walls and the rest i should have saved will have gone in increased home utilities and online shopping/ ordering in so no savings from me either rishi

Grantham

Lets be clear. He's not "demanding" your savings. Its more a "hope" that people will go out, spend and in turn, boost the econonmy.

Your money is exactly that... yours.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"70 k wages. Yer what a prick. Starting teaching 25 k.

Nobody is forced to take up teaching... if you want a high paid job you have to set your sights elsewhere!"

Like tree surgeons or arborists or whatever those rip off bastards are called

Dunstable

"Do overdrafts count as savings"
lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I went in low on some stocks early lockdown that have bounced back nicely.

My next decision financially will be made if the vaccine starts to make real inroads against the virus and any potential further lockdowns. Rishi can wait before he gets his mits on my cash.

"So apparently Sunak wants people to stop hoarding the money they saved during lockdown and start confidently pumping it back into the economy...

“I feel good about the bounceback – I think people have been sitting at home, building up some savings hopefully and we would like to go and spend them when we get back,” Sunak said.

Do you feel confident to start throwing cash about next year or do you think the lockdowns will be a part of life for the next few years and feel safer with ya savings?"

Great idea. We can be left with nothing then have to go to the state and beg them for help.

Idiocy.

What a surprise from a man married to a family wealthier than the queen...

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Buying a fleet jetskis and starting a personal water taxi service between here and Ellan Vannin. One of our drivers tried the route a few weeks ago. Going to call it 'Scu-Uber'.

"What a surprise from a man married to a family wealthier than the queen..."

or what a surprise ... the chancellor

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

It's always the "haves" that lecture the "have nots".

"To an extent he's right, once something resembling normalcy returns people will be going out more to make up for lost time, pubs, restaurants etc which in turn promote growth in other sectors.

I don't think he's proposing a raid on people's hard earned savings but suggesting that there will a quicker return to pre-covid levels of social interaction than some others think "

People went out in the summer spending money when the first lockdown ended.

Spending on house improvements, food, nights out, anything, is all money into the economy.

Why do people assume everything is about them?

His message to spend is to everyone. If you can't afford it he doesn't mean you.

There's rich people in the country too. If they splash their cash it will still help the economy.

The economic downturn following first lockdown was shorter than anticipated, I saw in the Guardian a few days ago.

Whenever restrictions ease, there’s always pent up spend that’ll happen and I don’t think we’ll be impacted in that way as severely.

What I do worry about is Sunak’s call for us to spend - that’s not the problem, the government has ruined any planning for businesses with this and brexit to efficiently buy stock and other structural issues. The car manufacturers have had to close early because of lack of supplies. This is the spending the economy needs, not us getting a fry up in ‘spoons.

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

Easy to say but actually hard to do what covid should have taught us is to have 6months float in the bank incase of problems.

Luckily for me covid has been good to me as it has taught me to run a tighter ship in my business now and in the future.

It may never happen in our lifetime again but it should be a wake up call for us all.

By *ucidityWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"

"

I suppose within his circle of people he knows it’s plausible that they may have been able to save and will go and splash out once some sense of normality returns.

I’m trying really hard not to find his wording incredibly irritating. Most people I know haven’t been sat at home, myself included, I know folks who have been battling to stay in their rental homes, plagued by constant worry, I know folks who now visit food banks, I know folks who work in industries that have been decimated and are struggling to mentally hold themselves together never mind financially. If anyone has some extra cash it goes to family, it goes to extra food in their trolley to give to neighbours.

I consider myself lucky. I have managed to scrape together money to last me a month should I get COVID or have to self isolate because statutory sick pay would barely cover food for the dog.

"Easy to say but actually hard to do what covid should have taught us is to have 6months float in the bank incase of problems.

Luckily for me covid has been good to me as it has taught me to run a tighter ship in my business now and in the future.

It may never happen in our lifetime again but it should be a wake up call for us all.

"

I think this is fair, a lot of people can save more or make wiser decisions financially. For those suffering, it is terrible, but there are clearly also some people who have avoided paying a lot of taxes who are now having less money incoming who surprise me in their complaints. Generally it is just a shit year for a vast majority, hopefully a wake up call for some too, in most senses such as family time, quality of life, job choice and financially etc. Life is too short to run up a lot of debt through choice rather than need.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I hear a lot if the tories have a lot of off shore savings they have accumulated by not paying any taxes. Perhaps they could spend that?

My savings are getting tied up in a second house as soon as possible before the pound is worthless.

"I want his wage. "

Maybe. But what you really want is his wife’s heritage

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Is he including the folk on furlough, many of whom won't be getting anywhere near their usual wage if they earn over 2grand. Is he including the likes of taxi drivers who are earning a tenner a day in many cases? Is he including the millions who are unsure if they'll have a job in the coming weeks and months?

They really are a moronic shower of cunts."

Except the banks have produced figures showing large numbers people have saved large amounts of cash, of course there are large numbers who havent, he asked those who have saved money to help the economy, is that not a good idea?

"Is he including the folk on furlough, many of whom won't be getting anywhere near their usual wage if they earn over 2grand. Is he including the likes of taxi drivers who are earning a tenner a day in many cases? Is he including the millions who are unsure if they'll have a job in the coming weeks and months?

Except the banks have produced figures showing large numbers people have saved large amounts of cash, of course there are large numbers who havent, he asked those who have saved money to help the economy, is that not a good idea? "

this is true, banks have what they call the customer funding gap ... the bit between how much customers have in accounts and how much they need for liquidity and lending out ... they then go source that funding via debt or govt schemes or from shares etc ... rishi will have seen the numbers reported to the regulator showing that number had fallen because everyone is leaving their cash sitting in the bank

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Maybe that £11billion they have siphoned off could go towards it?

"So apparently Sunak wants people to stop hoarding the money they saved during lockdown and start confidently pumping it back into the economy...

Do you feel confident to start throwing cash about next year or do you think the lockdowns will be a part of life for the next few years and feel safer with ya savings?"

What's the purpose of savings if you don't spend it?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Do you feel confident to start throwing cash about next year or do you think the lockdowns will be a part of life for the next few years and feel safer with ya savings?

What's the purpose of savings if you don't spend it?"

In normal times - either an income generator or a buffer against unforeseen and uninsured risks. Saving for purchases doesn’t make sense right now as interest rates are below inflation and salaries generally rise above inflation so it’s better to borrow than save.

At the moment there’s very little earning from savings, many people are holding 1-2 years salary in case they lose those jobs and can’t get one again or one that pays as well.

1-2 years i think at a push i could have 1-2 months

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Of course it doesn't apply to everyone but there are some who have worked from home, saving money on their commute, unable to spend their disposable income going out and hospitality. If the the vaccine works, those people will be itching to get out, enjoy the nightlife.

Someone mentioned the hit taxi drivers have taken, hopefully they'll have a boom when everyone is properly allowed out. So these savers, or those who didn't spend money is probably a better name, will be able to go out and spend which will hopefully have a knock on effect of helping the industries that have suffered.

By *T_LEECouple (MM)  over a year ago

near you

Tobias Ellwood has been spending his money partying hard.

Stanley Johnson has been squardering fast on trips to London and Greece hes so skint he cant afford a mask.

Sunak has no money left and rather than ask his father in law hes spending yours.

Many Ministers have had to take 2nd jobs helping freinds gain 2nd contracts.

Mogg is waiting until its safe to fly so he can retreave his money from overseas.

Its a tough year were all in it together

By *T_LEECouple (MM)  over a year ago

near you

Tobias Ellwood has been spending his money partying hard.

Stanley Johnson has been squardering fast on trips to London and Greece hes so skint he cant afford a mask.

Sunak has no money left and rather than ask his father in law hes spending yours.

Many Ministers have had to take 2nd jobs helping freinds gain government contracts.

Mogg is waiting until its safe to fly, so he can retreave his money from overseas.

Its a tough year were all in it together

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

He's not taking money from your savings accounts or forcing you to spend your money he is simply stating the obvious that spending money will help the economy

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Klaus Shwab do your research its a starting point.

I have to agree with you 100 percent on that one! Sunak is very comfortable financially and it's easy for him to assume the less well off have loads of money stacking up at home. These rich politicians in government from privaledged backgrounds or with rich families have no clue how the rest of society lives, and only care about their own.

I'm unable to work due to numerous health problems so In a way I'm actually in a better position than a lot of people because the money I have stays the same, but it's not enough to live on if it weren't for the fact I live with family

My mother's partner is self employed and a driving instructor so every lockdown has hit him hard.

Luckily where I live is in tier 3 at the moment, but that doesn't mean he has a lot of spare cash to throw at the economy. That said he is a hoarder and could make a lot of money if he actually got rid of some of the junk cluttering the house!

Anyway rant over.

By *ssexlad0Man  over a year ago

Essex

Isn’t he married to a billionaire?

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Isn’t he married to a billionaire?"

Elon Musk ?

By *olden - BoyMan  over a year ago

preston

All mps are out to line the their own pockets. Why are they not spending the 10k they got given to work from home. I didn't know Wi-Fi and a laptop cost so much.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

In normal times - either an income generator or a buffer against unforeseen and uninsured risks. Saving for purchases doesn’t make sense right now as interest rates are below inflation and salaries generally rise above inflation so it’s better to borrow than save.

At the moment there’s very little earning from savings, many people are holding 1-2 years salary in case they lose those jobs and can’t get one again or one that pays as well. "

Many people have 1-2 year's salary stashed away? I think you're as out of touch as the MPs

liverpool

At the moment there’s very little earning from savings, many people are holding 1-2 years salary in case they lose those jobs and can’t get one again or one that pays as well.

Many people have 1-2 year's salary stashed away? I think you're as out of touch as the MPs"

I think you will find most people are 1 or 2 pay packets away from being destitute.

liverpool

"Tobias Ellwood has been spending his money partying hard.

Many Ministers have had to take 2nd jobs helping freinds gain government contracts.

Mogg is waiting until its safe to fly, so he can retreave his money from overseas.

Its a tough year were all in it together "

Spot on

liverpool

"1-2 years i think at a push i could have 1-2 months "

1 or 2 days for me

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

At the moment there’s very little earning from savings, many people are holding 1-2 years salary in case they lose those jobs and can’t get one again or one that pays as well. "

Holy crap 1-2 years? Many people? How about the millions claiming universal credit you can’t do that if you have more than 16k in savings soooo that’s obviously untrue.

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

He can fuck right off. Who is he to say what I should & shouldn't do with my money. Why doesn't he spend his? He's got more than most anyway, the privileged prick.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Whilst I was on furlough I was about a £1,000 a month short and still had to pay the lease on my car, I don’t about savings I was running up debts !

I have always earned a good wage and never saved a penny, always spending on holidays and nights out. Then first month of lockdown I lost my job. No payout, just cards and gone. I had to survive on UC and then took a minimum wage job to survive, struggling every month to just about cover the bills. I now have my own business which is doing well, but one thing I have learnt is to save and save hard. He won't be getting any of my savings thats for sure, and when I do spend it will be to other small businesses, not big retailers or Amazon.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I think it's so hard how you don't qualify for universal credit if you have a combined household savings of £16,000.

Some people have saved really hard for a house deposit, wedding or similar and and didn't qualify for any help at all due to them having savings. Other people spent everything and enjoyed their money (as is their prerogative) and then qualified for full universal credit.

I have no issue with the people at all he did that come and good luck to him I just think it's really hard for the people who saved and then did not get any assistance when they needed it.

I totally understand that it is not up to the government to to look after us when we have savings but it just seems tough on those people who were making your long-term financial plans compared to those who spent their earnings.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"I will decide what I do with my money. "

By *ucksguy2000Man  over a year ago

aylesbury

Not a chance, I’ve got all I need except a hot TV to play with ??

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

What savings?

My salary was cut but my expenses-mortgage, bills have remained the same

Fuck you kidding no saving here life hard every penny used i'am down £9,000 this year so far with lockdowns and no help.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I have always been a saver and only spend if I have to.I will carry on saving my money in a cash ISA and savings account even though the returns are not great at the moment and hope the interest rates go up. I like to know that if something goes wrong I have savings to fall back on and not be reliant on the state as my knowledge of Universal Credit tells me I am not entitled to anything despite paying in for 34 out of 36 years.

How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that.

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

I get quite stressed out if I don’t save about a grand a month .... although working from home and browsing amazon when bored does make that tricky at the moment ...

“Amazon ??? Completed it mate!”

liverpool

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that. "

It was suggested they pay an extra 1%in tax but borus said they pay enough and teachers covid servants could do with a pay freeze..on top of the 6 year one they just had.

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that.

It was suggested they pay an extra 1%in tax but borus said they pay enough and teachers covid servants could do with a pay freeze..on top of the 6 year one they just had."

Yes. All their thank yous & empty words mean so much to us.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

"How out of touch is he?"

The Billionaire? I’m sure he’s copper I g up for his next loaf of bread

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that. "

but they stood on thyre door step and clapped what more do you plebs want be gone or will get chivers to loose the dogs

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Pay of your debts if you can ,don’t trust lying politicians it’s going to get bad "

This, I cleared my credit card with all the money I wasnt out spending, almost £4k in all.

Now my only debt is student loan.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

What savings?

I'm barely covering my essential bills off furlough pay.

By *rumpyandsexyCouple  over a year ago

mansfield

Or the many self employed i know claiming furlough and still working.

I was furloughed and thought the payments were very generous considering you couldnt spend much

By *ye-spyMan  over a year ago

London

The banks central banks are talking about digital currencies that they can program with expiry dates to get people spending money.

They could also have different interest rates for different people if they go to digital currency.

"The banks central banks are talking about digital currencies that they can program with expiry dates to get people spending money.

They could also have different interest rates for different people if they go to digital currency.

"

what an absolute pile of crap , currency with an expiry date

also different people already get different interest rates, it has nothing to do with the type of currency and everything to do with the type of account you choose

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Taxi drivers have been hoarding money for years. The fact many of them aren’t happy with the payments they received is due to the fact they’ve been robbing the taxman for years.

3 fares for me. 1 fare for hector.

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Whilst I was on furlough I was about a £1,000 a month short and still had to pay the lease on my car, I don’t about savings I was running up debts !"

What car did you lease ?

"Whilst I was on furlough I was about a £1,000 a month short and still had to pay the lease on my car, I don’t about savings I was running up debts !

What car did you lease ?"

Ferrari

London

"The banks central banks are talking about digital currencies that they can program with expiry dates to get people spending money.

also different people already get different interest rates, it has nothing to do with the type of currency and everything to do with the type of account you choose "

You have done so little research you probably think your second paragraph proves your point rather than proving mine.

If you have an emotional reaction to what someone says take a deep breath and try to stay calm before responding otherwise you'll be reacting.

Responding and reacting are not the same thing.

Grantham

I was furloughed and thought the payments were very generous considering you couldnt spend much"

Self employed can't claim furlough.

also different people already get different interest rates, it has nothing to do with the type of currency and everything to do with the type of account you choose

You have done so little research you probably think your second paragraph proves your point rather than proving mine.

If you have an emotional reaction to what someone says take a deep breath and try to stay calm before responding otherwise you'll be reacting.

"

do you think that last sentence made you sound worldly and intelligent?

what exactly what is that was emotional about my response? emotion might have been what you were aiming for with your false scaremongering but unfortunately i have an idea what i am on about so no fear here

the stuff about the interest rates wasn’t meant to disprove any point , it was highlighting the fact that your theoretical expiring digital currency is not required to apply different interest rates, its a process thats already been in place since the beginning of banking , so posting to get people riled up thinking that it might be a new method of control won’t work on anyone who has any knowledge at all of the banking system

*prove any point

upton wirral

Where do you get this stupid non fact from it is pathetic

Chelmsford

As Fraser said in Dad's Army..

Nobody gets my gold..

liverpool

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that. Where do you get this stupid non fact from it is pathetic"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/07/covid-19-crisis-boosts-the-fortunes-of-worlds-billionaires

Pesky facts

Chelmsford

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that. Where do you get this stupid non fact from it is pathetic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2020/oct/07/covid-19-crisis-boosts-the-fortunes-of-worlds-billionaires

Pesky facts"

Lionel, you are obsessed with the wealthy and rich...

They have a few bob...let it go..

North Bucks

"How about the top 10% who have doubled their wealth this year, because of the virus. Putting some back into the economy, Fat chance of that. Where do you get this stupid non fact from it is pathetic

Pesky facts

They have a few bob...let it go.. "

Everything’s their fault didn't you know?

London

what exactly what is that was emotional about my response? emotion might have been what you were aiming for with your false scaremongering but unfortunately i have an idea what i am on about so no fear here

the stuff about the interest rates wasn’t meant to disprove any point , it was highlighting the fact that your theoretical expiring digital currency is not required to apply different interest rates, its a process thats already been in place since the beginning of banking , so posting to get people riled up thinking that it might be a new method of control won’t work on anyone who has any knowledge at all of the banking system "

You clearly know a lot more than I do so I hope you can educate me a little bit more.

1) what is the interest rate paid on the bank account based on?

2) if the interest rates are at 5,000 year lows and the government wanted to lower them further how would they do it?

3) has crypto currencies that are programable been discussed by any central banks?

The great thi ng about the internet is how much free information is available if your willing to learn.

liverpool

Pesky facts

Haven't you got anyone to wind up today Thomas?

Chelmsford

Pesky facts

Haven't you got anyone to wind up today Thomas?"

Only you Lionel.. Only you..

liverpool

Pesky facts

Everything’s their fault didn't you know? "

Yeah let them do what they want

Its not like it affects us in any way.

North Bucks

Pesky facts

Its not like it affects us in any way."

What have they done that’s keeping you down?

London

Pesky facts

The rich can't be b laimed for this they are do9ing what anyon e with money and common sense would do but even they have very few options left.

They cna stick there money in a bank account that has alomost 0% interest rates and the risk of bank bail ins.

they can put money into an over priced stock market.

they can put there money into gold which has no interest.

they can invest it in there own company shares but that would reduce the money they have to run the business.

or some of them have stated to look at crypto currencies and invested millions.

Chelmsford

Pesky facts

"

They elite 10% skewed Lionel's exam results ...

It took him six attempts to pass his driving test because of those of those elitist buggers

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"How out of touch is he?"

That out of touch that he will be the next PM maybe?

Chelmsford

"How out of touch is he?

That out of touch that he will be the next PM maybe?"

Only if we vote him in..

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"Pay of your debts if you can ,don’t trust lying politicians it’s going to get bad "

Sad but very true. Do not listen to that prick

By *d6869Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

You would want his wife’s Multi millions

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"How out of touch is he?

That out of touch that he will be the next PM maybe?

Only if we vote him in.. "

So, did we vote Teresa May in then.....oh wait, no we never.

liverpool

Pesky facts

They elite 10% skewed Lionel's exam results ...

It took him six attempts to pass his driving test because of those of those elitist buggers "

liverpool

Pesky facts

"

Nothing whatsoever..I just find it quite ironic that the people who actually worked through the crises ,who kept the country afloat, are getting fucked up the ass in terms of pay freezes etc.

Whilst the wealthy, including those friends of boris who recieved a nice little £11billion bonus,get even more money to burn.

Still good on 'em I say.

the stuff about the interest rates wasn’t meant to disprove any point , it was highlighting the fact that your theoretical expiring digital currency is not required to apply different interest rates, its a process thats already been in place since the beginning of banking , so posting to get people riled up thinking that it might be a new method of control won’t work on anyone who has any knowledge at all of the banking system

You clearly know a lot more than I do so I hope you can educate me a little bit more.

1) what is the interest rate paid on the bank account based on?

2) if the interest rates are at 5,000 year lows and the government wanted to lower them further how would they do it?

3) has crypto currencies that are programable been discussed by any central banks?

The great thi ng about the internet is how much free information is available if your willing to learn.

"

1) interest rates are based on a number of things... you start with a base rate (either bank of england base rate, sonia, usd libor etc etc) , then you add a spread , spreads on loans are calculated by the lender working out the rate of return they want for their investments... the higher the risk (ie credit worthiness of the counter party , the length of time the money will be lent out for and what that means for the net present value of interest payments etc) , what else is available on the market is also an influence , in terms of what a bank account pays it will be based on what that cash sat in the bank is worth to the institution rather than go raise that funding elsewhere in the market (by lending as described above and what they would need to pay on that) , again base rates play a part, as do market forces, how long people want to leave the money in the account which is why notice accounts pay more etc

2) interest rates can also be negative ... Euribor has already been negative for some time, in this case if you are holding euros in the bank you can actually be charged for the privilege... the reality is day to day customers have interest capped at zero, big investors buy up bonds and invest their money places other than sat in the bank

3) if crypto currency hadn’t been discussed by central banks i would be very surprised, there are already tradeable crypto currencies and the world is moving forward, notes and coins while hanging about for a while yet are being used less and less, it would be stupid for the banks not to keep ahead of the times

however the thing about all this information you can “learn” on the internet is that not all of it os fact, its not all educating yourself and tons of it is just conjecture, conspiracy theory and crap

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

You gotta love these ultra rich people telling the rest of us what to do with OUR money!

I reckon a lot of people are building up their rainy day funds due to a lack of confidence and job security - something the son-in-law of a billionaire never has to think about.

He can fuck off!

By *indfeedfuckCouple  over a year ago

Harlow

[Removed by poster at 29/12/20 09:24:03]

By *rumpyandsexyCouple  over a year ago

mansfield

I was furloughed and thought the payments were very generous considering you couldnt spend much

Self employed can't claim furlough. "

Ok if you want to nitpic.

Self-employment Income Support Scheme

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Of course that's what he wants - because it would mean he could get away with taxing his Party's core support less.

However, they really are the only ones left with any cash - having not had to pull their weight during the 10 years of austerity.

Back then, we really weren't all in it together. Now we are - and he's not going to be able to get money out of people who do not have any, nor any assets that are worth money.

He can't realistically protect the rich any more - when even their great grandchildren are going to be paying for this shit-show for most of their lives.

Chelmsford

Think the rich still protected...

He only wants that because of all the fking tax it generates

After all they need the taxes to rebuild economy following BREXIT AND COVID.

» Add a new message to this topic