FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Hotels in tier 4

Hotels in tier 4

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uv2kiss OP   Man  over a year ago

fenland

I am very confused.

I have a booking for a premier inn in Norfolk Xmas day night leaving boxing day by 12 noon.

The idea was to see family on Xmas day and boxing day.

First it got changed from 5 days to one so I am only seeing the family Xmas day.

I do not want to drive back the sane day ( 300 mile around trip )

So still want to stay at the hotel.

Then it was announced Norfolk are in tier 4 from Boxing day from 00.01am that morning.

Yet premier inn have emailed this morning to say they are still open, mines a leisure booking how can they be open ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

They are probably just allowing the people from Christmas like yourself who are staying over so they don't need to drive home same day, I bet they made their case to prevent drink driving and accidents.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"They are probably just allowing the people from Christmas like yourself who are staying over so they don't need to drive home same day, I bet they made their case to prevent drink driving and accidents. "

Or just call them and ask for clarification

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"They are probably just allowing the people from Christmas like yourself who are staying over so they don't need to drive home same day, I bet they made their case to prevent drink driving and accidents. "

Probably simply to allow people who have booked for Christmas night to depart at a reasonable time, rather than kicking everyone out at midnight

Sounds like common sense

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"They are probably just allowing the people from Christmas like yourself who are staying over so they don't need to drive home same day, I bet they made their case to prevent drink driving and accidents.

Probably simply to allow people who have booked for Christmas night to depart at a reasonable time, rather than kicking everyone out at midnight

Sounds like common sense"

This

On a mooch

T4 rules for overnight stays

You are allowed to stay overnight away from your home if you:

are visiting your support bubble

are unable to return to your main residence

need accommodation while moving house

need accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event

require accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services

are a child requiring accommodation for school or care

are homeless, seeking asylum or a vulnerable person seeking refuge

are an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition

If you are already on holiday in a Tier 4 area, you should return to your home as soon as practical.

Guest accommodation providers such as hotels, B&Bs and caravan parks may remain open for the specific reasons set out in law,

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Is driving 300 miles a necessity?

Surely that's breaking the rules?

Just asking

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"Is driving 300 miles a necessity?

Just asking"

Not before boxing day it's not. They are guidelines and not rules until boxing day.

fenland

"They are probably just allowing the people from Christmas like yourself who are staying over so they don't need to drive home same day, I bet they made their case to prevent drink driving and accidents.

Or just call them and ask for clarification"

I did and only got the guy in the on site restaurant

He said just turn up.

fenland

Just asking"

I have 8 grandchildren.

3 live in one house in Norfolk.

I am travelling to see them for the first time since July.

I have isolated since last Friday.

fenland

"T4 rules for overnight stays

You are allowed to stay overnight away from your home if you:

are visiting your support bubble

are unable to return to your main residence

need accommodation while moving house

need accommodation to attend a funeral or related commemorative event

require accommodation for work purposes or to provide voluntary services

are a child requiring accommodation for school or care

are homeless, seeking asylum or a vulnerable person seeking refuge

are an elite athlete or their support staff or parent, if the athlete is under 18 and it is necessary to be outside of the home for training or competition

If you are already on holiday in a Tier 4 area, you should return to your home as soon as practical.

Guest accommodation providers such as hotels, B&Bs and caravan parks may remain open for the specific reasons set out in law,"

Thank you for that

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

"

Have a lovely time

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

"

You are breaking the law if you do that however If it's a risk you are prepared to take and it sounds like you are then its ok as long as you Prepared for any possible consequences.

If people Choose to break the rules that's one thing but what I don't understand is people that break the rules then get caught then start saying how unfair it is.

I'm not saying you would do that but that's my opinion.

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

"

Have they?

The only reason I ask is their area is going into Tier 4, so they’re likely more of a risk to you, than you are to them.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

You are breaking the law if you do that however If it's a risk you are prepared to take and it sounds like you are then its ok as long as you Prepared for any possible consequences.

If people Choose to break the rules that's one thing but what I don't understand is people that break the rules then get caught then start saying how unfair it is.

I'm not saying you would do that but that's my opinion. "

How is he breaking the law Norfolk is currently still tier 2 it goes into tier 4 from Boxing day. Maybe allow some people to make their own choices before criminalising them.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

How is he breaking the law Norfolk is currently still tier 2 it goes into tier 4 from Boxing day. Maybe allow some people to make their own choices before criminalising them. "

Because outlined by a government minister on the news channel this morning, If you are travelling on boxing day from a teir 4 area it is considered non essential travel. The staying overnight in the tier 4 hotel isn't necessarily the issue it's the travelling on boxing day that is.

On a mooch

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

"

You are not doing anything wrong, see attached section 9

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family/making-a-christmas-bubble-with-friends-and-family#self-isolation-and-christmas-bubbles

On a mooch

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

How is he breaking the law Norfolk is currently still tier 2 it goes into tier 4 from Boxing day. Maybe allow some people to make their own choices before criminalising them.

Because outlined by a government minister on the news channel this morning, If you are travelling on boxing day from a teir 4 area it is considered non essential travel. The staying overnight in the tier 4 hotel isn't necessarily the issue it's the travelling on boxing day that is."

As per the government site it is only travel on Christmas Day in T4 that is mentioned, so by this the OP is doing nothing wrong

1.2 Tiers 1-3 travel rules

On Christmas day only, you will be able to travel to see your Christmas bubble depending on the rules of where you are travelling to and from. You cannot travel to and from Tier 4 areas in England, or to and from Scotland, in order to form a Christmas bubble.You should avoid travelling to lower prevalence areas.

You should try to stay local where possible.

Between 24 and 26 December you can stay in private rented accommodation, a hotel, hostel or B&B in England over Christmas, in line with the social gathering and travel rules in your tier, as long as you are staying by yourself, or with other members of your household and support bubble, and it is necessary for seeing your Christmas bubble on Christmas Day. This includes in a Tier 3: Very High alert area.

Don't travel after boxing day because the virus is only having Christmas day off, so be waiting for you on boxing day . My some people are thick not knowing the virus is only asleep for one day.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

Because outlined by a government minister on the news channel this morning, If you are travelling on boxing day from a teir 4 area it is considered non essential travel. The staying overnight in the tier 4 hotel isn't necessarily the issue it's the travelling on boxing day that is."

He doesn't live in Norfolk he is allowed to travel home on boxing day and he is entitled to see his family on Christmas day that is still allowed and not illegal. As long as he follows social distancing and the rest of the rules from boxing day onwards I am sure he won't be no more a risk to anyone than if he didn't see them.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

Because outlined by a government minister on the news channel this morning, If you are travelling on boxing day from a teir 4 area it is considered non essential travel. The staying overnight in the tier 4 hotel isn't necessarily the issue it's the travelling on boxing day that is.

He doesn't live in Norfolk he is allowed to travel home on boxing day and he is entitled to see his family on Christmas day that is still allowed and not illegal. As long as he follows social distancing and the rest of the rules from boxing day onwards I am sure he won't be no more a risk to anyone than if he didn't see them. "

I was only repeating what I heard on the news this morning and actually it was ridiculous comment saying I was criminalising anybody because last time I checked I don't make the laws of the country.

Those guidelines are very clear except there is no mention about travelling on boxing day if the area you are travelling to becomes tier 4. That is what the minister was saying on the news this morning that it is the travelling on boxing day that is the issue.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

tell you what op , just drive 600 miles round trip in one day ... doesn’t sound practical or safe to me but it might fit to the letter of the law

quite clearly as quoted above, there has been common sense applied to the hotel not kicking them out at midnight, pretty sure the same will bd applies to travelling home

On a mooch

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

He doesn't live in Norfolk he is allowed to travel home on boxing day and he is entitled to see his family on Christmas day that is still allowed and not illegal. As long as he follows social distancing and the rest of the rules from boxing day onwards I am sure he won't be no more a risk to anyone than if he didn't see them. "

Precisely, the OP seems to be taking all the appropriate measures, isolating before travel, not staying with their family and any contact at the hotel will be minimal. Add to that yes Norfolk might be going into T4, which I believe is more a precaution as they have a higher than average older population, it borders with other areas that are high risk, most of the areas are below the national average for infections

Enjoy your day with your family OP

fenland

Thank you everyone for your answers.

Now you can see why it's confusing.

I was going to see them Boxing day as well.

Boris then cut it back to one day so although I will be less than 3 miles away after Breakfast I am driving home without seeing them.

My son will never break the law or guidelines or advice etc etc.

They have also been isolating as well.

I only spend Xmas with them every 3 years

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

tell you what op , just drive 600 miles round trip in one day ... doesn’t sound practical or safe to me but it might fit to the letter of the law

quite clearly as quoted above, there has been common sense applied to the hotel not kicking them out at midnight, pretty sure the same will bd applies to travelling home "

Did I say that he shouldn't do it? Did I say that he should dive it in one day?

Read my 1st post again! Please Don't make assumptions and please remember that we are all entitled to an opinion without people twisting it and putting their on spin on it!

Here and There

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

As per the government site it is only travel on Christmas Day in T4 that is mentioned, so by this the OP is doing nothing wrong

On Christmas day only, you will be able to travel to see your Christmas bubble depending on the rules of where you are travelling to and from. You cannot travel to and from Tier 4 areas in England, or to and from Scotland, in order to form a Christmas bubble.You should avoid travelling to lower prevalence areas.

Between 24 and 26 December you can stay in private rented accommodation, a hotel, hostel or B&B in England over Christmas, in line with the social gathering and travel rules in your tier, as long as you are staying by yourself, or with other members of your household and support bubble, and it is necessary for seeing your Christmas bubble on Christmas Day. This includes in a Tier 3: Very High alert area."

That seems to confirm that travel in or out of a tier 4 area is prohibited. The OP plans to travel from a Tier 4 area on the way home, which isn’t allowed.

Here and There

If it was me I’d go, stay over Christmas Eve and drive home Christmas Day.

"Thank you everyone for your answers.

Now you can see why it's confusing.

I was going to see them Boxing day as well.

Boris then cut it back to one day so although I will be less than 3 miles away after Breakfast I am driving home without seeing them.

My son will never break the law or guidelines or advice etc etc.

They have also been isolating as well.

I only spend Xmas with them every 3 years"

It's a really difficult one because there is quite a lot of different information available.

The government website says one thing, The government ministers say another, And there's the people on here!

Do what you think is right and my point was just to check the travelling back home on boxing day from T 4 area is OK.

Enjoy your Christmas whatever you decide to do.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

Between 24 and 26 December you can stay in private rented accommodation, a hotel, hostel or B&B in England over Christmas, in line with the social gathering and travel rules in your tier, as long as you are staying by yourself, or with other members of your household and support bubble, and it is necessary for seeing your Christmas bubble on Christmas Day. This includes in a Tier 3: Very High alert area.

That seems to confirm that travel in or out of a tier 4 area is prohibited. The OP plans to travel from a Tier 4 area on the way home, which isn’t allowed."

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

quite clearly as quoted above, there has been common sense applied to the hotel not kicking them out at midnight, pretty sure the same will bd applies to travelling home

Read my 1st post again! Please Don't make assumptions and please remember that we are all entitled to an opinion without people twisting it and putting their on spin on it! "

surely that also applies to my opinion of you opinion

at no point did i quote it as what you said

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

Read my 1st post again! Please Don't make assumptions and please remember that we are all entitled to an opinion without people twisting it and putting their on spin on it!

at no point did i quote it as what you said "

You are aware that by quoting my post that is exactly what you did right?

On a mooch

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

That seems to confirm that travel in or out of a tier 4 area is prohibited. The OP plans to travel from a Tier 4 area on the way home, which isn’t allowed."

It states Christmas Day travel, he his travelling on that day and returning the following morning, but idiotic to expect all tiers to just stop moving on the stroke of midnight. His interaction is limited, no rule break in my opinion

[Removed by poster at 24/12/20 15:27:26]

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

You are aware that by quoting my post that is exactly what you did right? "

no i quoted your post to reply to it ... thats what the button says right ... quote and reply?

anything written thereafter is my opinion yet you have then insinuated i put words in your mouth ... short of me adapting your text that i quoted that cant happen on a forum as people already read your own words

Just asking

I have 8 grandchildren.

You are aware that by quoting my post that is exactly what you did right?

no i quoted your post to reply to it ... thats what the button says right ... quote and reply?

anything written thereafter is my opinion yet you have then insinuated i put words in your mouth ... short of me adapting your text that i quoted that cant happen on a forum as people already read your own words "

As what you said actually wasn't relevant to what I had written anyway it should have been its own post.

okay, ill await my fine from the forum police for having a different opinion and apparently the wrong method now too

you seem to have taken right umbrage at something that wasn’t even personal or offensive

maybe grab a christmas cookie and enjoy some of the festivities like the OP intends to

what was that christmas song ... tis the season to be jolly

"okay, ill await my fine from the forum police for having a different opinion and apparently the wrong method now too

you seem to have taken right umbrage at something that wasn’t even personal or offensive

maybe grab a christmas cookie and enjoy some of the festivities like the OP intends to

what was that christmas song ... tis the season to be jolly "

Don't patronise me thank you.

You you had replyed to something I had written, I said to you that is not what I had written at all you have blown this out of all proportion.

Please remember to have an opinion without Being patronising and condescending. You have no idea of my personal situation and you are now being offensive by suggesting I need to be cheerful. Am absolutely fine thank you and I do not need to be told by somebody to go and be festive.

okay then don’t, no skin off my nose if you want to fight with yourself in an empty room instead , the only one blowing anything out of proportion here is you

christmas or just a standard tuesday, people need to get a little less worked up about a post on a forum that doesn’t fit with their view, not everything in life is meant to be taken personally

OP i hope you have a wonderful time with your family , will be a quick lunch for me with mine then up the road as i am lucky enough to be local

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"okay then don’t, no skin off my nose if you want to fight with yourself in an empty room instead , the only one blowing anything out of proportion here is you

christmas or just a standard tuesday, people need to get a little less worked up about a post on a forum that doesn’t fit with their view, not everything in life is meant to be taken personally

OP i hope you have a wonderful time with your family , will be a quick lunch for me with mine then up the road as i am lucky enough to be local "

Actually it seemed as though you were directly attacking lornajo and still are!

» Add a new message to this topic