FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Last year

Last year

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustforfun49 OP   Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

How many of you last year had really bad colds or the flu with the symptoms of losing sence of small and taste high temperature and a bad cough

But if you had the same symptoms this year would go for a covid test

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I didn't but this year if I had recognisable covid-19 symptoms, it would be disrespectful to others I may infect, if I didn't test and isolate appropriately.

There may have been a smaller number of people with the virus last winter but they would have done what they believed to be the best thing, based on their knowledge at the time.

Some people may get what they perceive to be mild symptoms but the virus is able to ravage their body in ways that cold and flu don't to the same extent. We had fewer than 400 flu deaths in the whole of last winter but ate getting more than 500 deaths each day from covid-19, which highlights the very different scale of this serious disease. Long term organ damage and failure are also the invisible symptoms from this virus. People may have their organ health ravaged by it and future issues may prove fatal, on top of this current physical assault. The virus is causing lung, heart, kidney and brain damage, with cognitive impairment. For the latter, we don't know, for example, how they may fare with subsequent Alzheimers deterioration - ir could be the difference between someone who manages independent living, to someone who needs constant care. Those invisible assaults upon the wellbeing of hundreds of thousands of people may have huge financial implications that are very severe, not to mention the waste of healthy quality of life. Colds and flu don't generally have these implications for our society, where high prevalence of vaccine use is amongst the best in the world. As mentioned, last winter fewer than 400 people died from flu.

By *ustforfun49 OP   Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

"I didn't but this year if I had recognisable covid-19 symptoms, it would be disrespectful to others I may infect, if I didn't test and isolate appropriately.

There may have been a smaller number of people with the virus last winter but they would have done what they believed to be the best thing, based on their knowledge at the time.

Some people may get what they perceive to be mild symptoms but the virus is able to ravage their body in ways that cold and flu don't to the same extent. We had fewer than 400 flu deaths in the whole of last winter but ate getting more than 500 deaths each day from covid-19, which highlights the very different scale of this serious disease. Long term organ damage and failure are also the invisible symptoms from this virus. People may have their organ health ravaged by it and future issues may prove fatal, on top of this current physical assault. The virus is causing lung, heart, kidney and brain damage, with cognitive impairment. For the latter, we don't know, for example, how they may fare with subsequent Alzheimers deterioration - ir could be the difference between someone who manages independent living, to someone who needs constant care. Those invisible assaults upon the wellbeing of hundreds of thousands of people may have huge financial implications that are very severe, not to mention the waste of healthy quality of life. Colds and flu don't generally have these implications for our society, where high prevalence of vaccine use is amongst the best in the world. As mentioned, last winter fewer than 400 people died from flu. "

That's because a lot now have the flu jab

And also the television advert for the flu jab say each year around 11,000 people die from the flu.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"How many of you last year had really bad colds or the flu with the symptoms of losing sence of small and taste high temperature and a bad cough

But if you had the same symptoms this year would go for a covid test "

Yes probably but so far had less colds sore throats etc

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I didn't but this year if I had recognisable covid-19 symptoms, it would be disrespectful to others I may infect, if I didn't test and isolate appropriately.

Some people may get what they perceive to be mild symptoms but the virus is able to ravage their body in ways that cold and flu don't to the same extent. We had fewer than 400 flu deaths in the whole of last winter but ate getting more than 500 deaths each day from covid-19, which highlights the very different scale of this serious disease. Long term organ damage and failure are also the invisible symptoms from this virus. People may have their organ health ravaged by it and future issues may prove fatal, on top of this current physical assault. The virus is causing lung, heart, kidney and brain damage, with cognitive impairment. For the latter, we don't know, for example, how they may fare with subsequent Alzheimers deterioration - ir could be the difference between someone who manages independent living, to someone who needs constant care. Those invisible assaults upon the wellbeing of hundreds of thousands of people may have huge financial implications that are very severe, not to mention the waste of healthy quality of life. Colds and flu don't generally have these implications for our society, where high prevalence of vaccine use is amongst the best in the world. As mentioned, last winter fewer than 400 people died from flu.

That's because a lot now have the flu jab

And also the television advert for the flu jab say each year around 11,000 people die from the flu. "

That’s 11,000 people who get flu in the U.K. I believe, not how many die...... so far Covid has killed 70,000 people in the U.K. this year

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"How many of you last year had really bad colds or the flu with the symptoms of losing sence of small and taste high temperature and a bad cough

But if you had the same symptoms this year would go for a covid test "

You'd go for the test. You might get a negative result (either false neg due to shabby self swabbing or you do have a different infection, like a cold. If you had flu rather than a cold, you'd know about it).

You might get a positive result, in which case the small amount of time taken is useful. You'd isolate for the required time and hopefully recover within a couple of weeks.

Hopefully, you wouldn't require hospital treatment (ditto if you had flu, which can also require inpatient treatment).

Hopefully, you wouldn't develop long Covid symptoms which debilitate you for months and months.

» Add a new message to this topic