FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Vaccine

Vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

So we’ve proudly announced nearly 600,000 have had their initial first vaccine ( you have to have two in two weeks)

Good news....not really at this rate we will all get vaccinated in 2030

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So we’ve proudly announced nearly 600,000 have had their initial first vaccine ( you have to have two in two weeks)

Good news....not really at this rate we will all get vaccinated in 2030"

nothing like a bit of optimism

much like testing capacity will grow over time, its already been said the effort will be ramped up after christmas

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The Govt has started a drive to recruit 30,000 vaccinators by March. St John Ambulance are currently recruiting and training people from the allied health professions, medical professionals with spare time and fully trained first aiders to administer the vaccines. Their HR processes are a bit slow though. I had a discussion on Christmas Eve with them and hope my application will progress in January. Apparently the concept of being a wheelchair user is hard to grasp

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

600,000 in just under 3 weeks is pretty damn good in my book.

"The Govt has started a drive to recruit 30,000 vaccinators by March. St John Ambulance are currently recruiting and training people from the allied health professions, medical professionals with spare time and fully trained first aiders to administer the vaccines. Their HR processes are a bit slow though. I had a discussion on Christmas Eve with them and hope my application will progress in January. Apparently the concept of being a wheelchair user is hard to grasp "

Once we get it up to a million per week...we will be on course.

Not a bad start though

"600,000 in just under 3 weeks is pretty damn good in my book. "

we definitely would like to get through them quicker but its a hell of a lot more than we had in November and i cant see why it would be a reason for doom and gloom

Oh and op it could be worse as some counties have only 10,000 doses ....and they are the Sputnik vaccine

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

you do realize this vaccine is not easily distributed due to the low temperature it needs to be kept?

Next week you will see the roll out of the oxford one and figures will then soar due to not having to be kept at 70 below zero. I can see a lot of people getting the vaccine very quickly.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So we’ve proudly announced nearly 600,000 have had their initial first vaccine ( you have to have two in two weeks)

Good news....not really at this rate we will all get vaccinated in 2030"

Very true

upton wirral

"you do realize this vaccine is not easily distributed due to the low temperature it needs to be kept?

Next week you will see the roll out of the oxford one and figures will then soar due to not having to be kept at 70 below zero. I can see a lot of people getting the vaccine very quickly. "

This what I am hoping for

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Very true"

Not at all true.

E

600k is amazing. Due to you having to wait 4 weeks for your second vaccination it Is going to take time before everyone is fully vaccinated.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"you do realize this vaccine is not easily distributed due to the low temperature it needs to be kept?

Next week you will see the roll out of the oxford one and figures will then soar due to not having to be kept at 70 below zero. I can see a lot of people getting the vaccine very quickly. "

The Pfizer vaccine can be stored in a standard fridge for 5 days after removal from it's storage pack.

By *offee and Cream 2Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Loughborough

Just how much training does it require to roll up somebodys sleeve, wipe their skin with antiseptic, pop a tiny needle in and administer a few drops of runny liquid? Takes just a few seconds, then "next patient please!" I could do several hundred a day, just line em up and sort them out! Why do they have to make it sound so complicated and dramatic?

upton wirral

"Just how much training does it require to roll up somebodys sleeve, wipe their skin with antiseptic, pop a tiny needle in and administer a few drops of runny liquid? Takes just a few seconds, then "next patient please!" I could do several hundred a day, just line em up and sort them out! Why do they have to make it sound so complicated and dramatic? "
Glad you will not be doing my arm some nurses are not good at giving injections you need to be well trained

It's not that simple it's an intra muscular injection. It Carrys a risk of Anaphylaxis,hence you cannot leave straight after having the injection.

The South

"Just how much training does it require to roll up somebodys sleeve, wipe their skin with antiseptic, pop a tiny needle in and administer a few drops of runny liquid? Takes just a few seconds, then "next patient please!" I could do several hundred a day, just line em up and sort them out! Why do they have to make it sound so complicated and dramatic? "

You're kidding, right?

E

Derry

"It's not that simple it's an intra muscular injection. It Carrys a risk of Anaphylaxis,hence you cannot leave straight after having the injection.

"

My understanding is you need 15 minutes observation after the injection.

So if you work on that number, each vaccination point can do 4 per hour. If for example, they did it in a football stadium at 2 metres apart from one another, it will still take a lot of hours.

"It's not that simple it's an intra muscular injection. It Carrys a risk of Anaphylaxis,hence you cannot leave straight after having the injection.

So if you work on that number, each vaccination point can do 4 per hour. If for example, they did it in a football stadium at 2 metres apart from one another, it will still take a lot of hours."

Your understanding is correct. And the time of a Dr before hand to question your health and medical background,before they go off to sign a prescription and come back with the vaccine to be administered by a Nurse.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

So if you work on that number, each vaccination point can do 4 per hour. If for example, they did it in a football stadium at 2 metres apart from one another, it will still take a lot of hours."

I don't think they stop vaccinating and sit down with the patient for 15 minutes. It usually just means that you don't leave the immediate area straight away

So if you work on that number, each vaccination point can do 4 per hour. If for example, they did it in a football stadium at 2 metres apart from one another, it will still take a lot of hours.

I don't think they stop vaccinating and sit down with the patient for 15 minutes. It usually just means that you don't leave the immediate area straight away "

You have to sit in an area where you are watched by a medical professional.

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

that’s what I always thought until some very junior half trained nurse injected me and went right through the vein into the muscle my arm swelled to twice the size and was bruised from above the elbow down to my wrist

Derry

I don't think they stop vaccinating and sit down with the patient for 15 minutes. It usually just means that you don't leave the immediate area straight away

You have to sit in an area where you are watched by a medical professional."

And people will still have to maintain social distancing protocols while being observed.

Ipswich

You have to sit in an area where you are watched by a medical professional."

That's more likely but it won't be the person that gave you the vaccination. They will carry on giving the jab, they won't stop for 15 minutes for every jab they give

That's more likely but it won't be the person that gave you the vaccination. They will carry on giving the jab, they won't stop for 15 minutes for every jab they give "

I'm well aware of that, I've had my first vaccine and also administered.

Ipswich

That's more likely but it won't be the person that gave you the vaccination. They will carry on giving the jab, they won't stop for 15 minutes for every jab they give

I'm well aware of that, I've had my first vaccine and also administered."

I was carrying on from Doggones comment

Derry

That's more likely but it won't be the person that gave you the vaccination. They will carry on giving the jab, they won't stop for 15 minutes for every jab they give "

Nobody is saying that. But if you look at it from a workflow perspective, every candidate for the vaccine is going to take (I'm guessing the numbers) 5 minute pre injection and 15 after for observation.

Ipswich

Nobody is saying that. But if you look at it from a workflow perspective, every candidate for the vaccine is going to take (I'm guessing the numbers) 5 minute pre injection and 15 after for observation."

You said each vaccination point can do 4 an hour. Anyway I'm sure they'll administer them as quickly as is humanly possible

Nobody is saying that. But if you look at it from a workflow perspective, every candidate for the vaccine is going to take (I'm guessing the numbers) 5 minute pre injection and 15 after for observation.

You said each vaccination point can do 4 an hour. Anyway I'm sure they'll administer them as quickly as is humanly possible "

There are around 6-10 nurses administering the vaccines the vaccine itself takes around 2-3 minutes to administer. The safety wait is not down to the vaccinating teams.

Ipswich

You said each vaccination point can do 4 an hour. Anyway I'm sure they'll administer them as quickly as is humanly possible

There are around 6-10 nurses administering the vaccines the vaccine itself takes around 2-3 minutes to administer. The safety wait is not down to the vaccinating teams."

That's what I'm saying too

There are around 6-10 nurses administering the vaccines the vaccine itself takes around 2-3 minutes to administer. The safety wait is not down to the vaccinating teams.

That's what I'm saying too "

Yes I know you are,I'm just trying to clarify how the process works

Ipswich

Yes I know you are,I'm just trying to clarify how the process works "

Me too

Derry

Me too "

Ballpark figures, 10 nurses can vaccinate 10 every 3 minutes, each of those 10 now need observation for 15 minutes. Isn't the observation the bottleneck in the process? So won't yo need greater capacity there to allow vaccines to be administered in the most efficient manner.

North West

Me too

Ballpark figures, 10 nurses can vaccinate 10 every 3 minutes, each of those 10 now need observation for 15 minutes. Isn't the observation the bottleneck in the process? So won't yo need greater capacity there to allow vaccines to be administered in the most efficient manner. "

One medical professional can observe multiple patients post vaccine in a socially distanced waiting area. That's what is happening.

Me too

Ballpark figures, 10 nurses can vaccinate 10 every 3 minutes, each of those 10 now need observation for 15 minutes. Isn't the observation the bottleneck in the process? So won't yo need greater capacity there to allow vaccines to be administered in the most efficient manner.

One medical professional can observe multiple patients post vaccine in a socially distanced waiting area. That's what is happening."

You saved me answering that thankyou

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"600,000 in just under 3 weeks is pretty damn good in my book. "

Except it is half this in reality, we now need the next 3 weeks to give those first 600,000 their second jab.. 100,000 a week in real terms, will need to ramp up massively

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Why would it need 1 on 1 observation? A nurse could inject a patient and move on to the next, a tech supplying the doses and another nurse able to “observe” dozens of patients well organised 3 staff could process at least 30 patients per hour. Add another nurse preparing patients, instructing sleeves rolled up etc and you could administer 60 doses an hour.

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

anybody know what and if the long term effects are of this vaccination?

North West

"anybody know what and if the long term effects are of this vaccination?"

Your penis grows 2ins in length (men)

Your boobs either grow or shrink 2 cup sizes (depending on what the woman prays for as she's jabbed)

I don't think I'll be taking it, there hasn't been enough research and the long term side effects are basically unknown

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I don't think I'll be taking it, there hasn't been enough research and the long term side effects are basically unknown

"

So how long do you think you’ll wait to find out what the long term side effects are?... 6 months?... a year?... 5 years?....

And how long did you wait to make sure the last brand of painkillers you took were safe... or the last make up you used... or the last food you ate?....

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"I don't think I'll be taking it, there hasn't been enough research and the long term side effects are basically unknown

"

For your age by the time you are offered it there is likely to be a lot more known by then, don’t write it off completely

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Don’t forget at one point they said antibodies may only last a few months so the vaccine would be repeatedly needed.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Its good news, at a time of year with Christmas distractions, poorer weather that's not great for the elderly and the teething issues of a new system. Europe has now started too and aims to vaccinate everyone who wants it by the end of 2021.

North West

"Don’t forget at one point they said antibodies may only last a few months so the vaccine would be repeatedly needed. "

Immunity generated by vaccines is usually superior to natural exposure because of adjuvants added to the mix. In the case of the current BioNTech vaccine, the lipid coating around the mRNA acts both as a vehicle to deliver the mRNA into cells, but also as an adjuvant.

It’s really good news and we are the world ‘a leading country in vaccine administration so we’re not doing badly. It’s the only way out of it...!

Yes it hasn’t had extensive testing but the manner in which it works shouldn’t lead to problems we don’t already know about.

Your understanding is correct. And the time of a Dr before hand to question your health and medical background,before they go off to sign a prescription and come back with the vaccine to be administered by a Nurse."

partly true, the observer doesnt need to be the injector and doesn’t need to be a 1-1 scenario

By *iss pleasuringWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near

"

I was of same opinion but since learnt that the vaccine is a tweaked flu vaccine . So why not

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

I've been recruited, just awaiting instructions for my area. Looking forward to it.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

There is a 15 minute wait time after the vaccine to check there is no reaction. Would you really want someone untrained with no medical knowledge of anatomy and physiology jabbing a needle into you?!

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"each vaccination point can do 4 per hour. If for example, they did it in a football stadium at 2 metres apart from one another, it will still take a lot of hours.

"

My local medical centre did 1167 in one day.

By *untimegeekMan  over a year ago

Havant

The vaccine development was for sars 1 from 2003 but big pharma stopped it's development when the virus died out on it's own.

I don't think it is just a tweaked flu shot

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

"

Heard this from a few people, would love to know what had been missed/shortened etc. No one can tell me

By *itguy21066Man  over a year ago

leicester

nothing like a bit of optimism

much like testing capacity will grow over time, its already been said the effort will be ramped up after christmas "

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Why would it need 1 on 1 observation? A nurse could inject a patient and move on to the next, a tech supplying the doses and another nurse able to “observe” dozens of patients well organised 3 staff could process at least 30 patients per hour. Add another nurse preparing patients, instructing sleeves rolled up etc and you could administer 60 doses an hour. "

What about routine work in all this ? That doesn't disappear.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

600 000 been injected? Our original delivery was 800.000 doses. No other deliveries have been received as of yet. They say march for next delivery. How are the 600.00 plus going to get jab no2 in the three weeks window. It's not able to be mixed with the modern, as different compounds. And the Oxford one different again. So what happens when the 2nd does is required, was that first lot wasted?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Your understanding is correct. And the time of a Dr before hand to question your health and medical background,before they go off to sign a prescription and come back with the vaccine to be administered by a Nurse.

partly true, the observer doesnt need to be the injector and doesn’t need to be a 1-1 scenario"

Anaphylaxis needs an adrenaline injection. A severe reaction but, a probability.

Why would it need 1 on 1 observation? A nurse could inject a patient and move on to the next, a tech supplying the doses and another nurse able to “observe” dozens of patients well organised 3 staff could process at least 30 patients per hour. Add another nurse preparing patients, instructing sleeves rolled up etc and you could administer 60 doses an hour.

What about routine work in all this ? That doesn't disappear."

loads of routine work has disappeared or been moved to telephone consultation since the beginning of covid... its worth it to postpone routine stuff a little longer and throw full effort behind this as once its done things can start to return to normal and the routine stuff can actually get picked back up again properly

The South

Heard this from a few people, would love to know what had been missed/shortened etc. No one can tell me "

These are some of the stages a vaccine will have gone through before use:

Literature review: looking at what has been done before.Theoretical development or innovation: coming up with a new idea, or a variation on an existing idea.Laboratory testing and development. This involves 'in vitro' testing using individual cells and 'in vivo' testing, often using mice. The vaccine has to pass rigorous safety tests at this stage, and demonstrate that it works in animals.

Phase I study – an initial trial involving a small group of adult participants (up to 100 people). This is carried out to make sure that the vaccine does not have major safety concerns in humans, and also to work out the most effective dose.Phase II study – a trial in a larger group of participants (several hundred people).

Phase II trials check that the vaccine works consistently, and look at whether it generates an immune response. Researchers also start looking for potential side effects.

Phase III study – a trial in a much larger group of people (usually several thousand). Phase III trials gather statistically significant data on the vaccine's safety and efficacy (how well it works). This means looking at whether the vaccine generates a level of immunity that would prevent disease, and provides evidence that the vaccine can actually reduce the number of cases. It also gives a better chance of identifying rarer side effects not seen in the phase II study. Licensing – expert review of all trial data by the UK government (through the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency - MHRA) or European regulator (European Medicines Agency - EMA). At this stage the regulators check that the trials show that the product meets the necessary efficacy and safety levels. They also make sure that, for most people, the product’s advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

Phase IV studies – post-marketing surveillance to monitor the effects of the vaccine after it has been used in the population. These may be requested by a regulatory body, or carried out by the pharmaceutical industry.

The vaccine and the trials used to test it must meet the regulations laid down by the following authorities:

ICH-GCP (International Conference on Harmonisation of Good Clinical Practice) - international ethical and scientific quality standard for designing, conducting, recording and reporting trials that involve the participation of human subjectsDeclaration of Helsinki (1964; 2008) - Ethical principles for medical research involving human subjectsEU Clinical Trials Directive  - enshrined in UK law by the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations (2004)RCPCH Guidelines for the ethical conduct of medical research involving children (2000)

In addition, for trials in the UK, the vaccine and the trial must receive individual approval from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), while the trial itself must be approved from the following authorities:

An NHS Research Ethics Committee (see more information on the NHS Health Research Authority website )

The local NHS Research and Development office, who support and advise researchers in meeting the requirements of the UK regulatory framework (see more information on the framework) The Health and Safety Executive (HSE), for certain types of trials.

Nothing missed, nothing shortened.

Hope that answers your question and allays any anxiety.

E

By *oos CompanyCouple  over a year ago

SA1

Well said, Testing has been really badly handled from the start, 600k nationally is very poor, it raises so many questions

The South

"Well said, Testing has been really badly handled from the start, 600k nationally is very poor, it raises so many questions "

The threads not about testing.

E

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

All that was done for Pandemrix, and that ended in disaster

The South

"All that was done for Pandemrix, and that ended in disaster"

Years ago, not fully tested and licensed.

No comparison.

E

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Once the Oxford vaccine is pasted it will be a different story as millions of doses have already been made and ready to send out

» Add a new message to this topic