FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Average age of death

Average age of death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *addyBabygirl2020 OP   Couple  over a year ago

norwich

So The Office of National Statistics put the average age of death of Corona as 83

Split into sexes that 81 for men and 85 for Women.

Why are we not just asking those in these age groups to either shield with free financial and medical support from the government.

or to accept the risk and carry on as normal.

No one will ever convince me the damage to the enconomy, to my income, to my children's education and mental health is worrh it for a virus killing people in the last few years of their life anyway.

If you are in a vulnerable group and are shielding and support the rest of the population having to also lockdown, and call those breaking lockdown rules selfish.

Please look in the mirror, you are the selfish ones.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"So The Office of National Statistics put the average age of death of Corona as 83

Why are we not just asking those in these age groups to either shield with free financial and medical support from the government.

No one will ever convince me the damage to the enconomy, to my income, to my children's education and mental health is worrh it for a virus killing people in the last few years of their life anyway.

If you are in a vulnerable group and are shielding and support the rest of the population having to also lockdown, and call those breaking lockdown rules selfish.

Please look in the mirror, you are the selfish ones."

Because its not just about deaths. Its about long term consequences for some. I'd guess most 85 year olds have been shielded for nearly 6 months minimum now. And if they are not, they should be.

There are other consequences to covid than death that need to be considered and managed.

But in amongst you ask some good questions.

By *offee and Cream 2Couple (MM)  over a year ago

Loughborough

Take a look at the website....

NOIDS Weekly report 202051

Statutory Notifications of Infectious Diseases, weekly report by region. The last published figures for Covid hospital admissions in the UK was ...... wait for it....... just 50.

And the Excel and other temporary hospitals...... GONE!

We are being fed a lot of nonsense!

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"So The Office of National Statistics put the average age of death of Corona as 83

We totally agree it’s arse upwards , this will cause untold unforeseen damage all this lockdown crap

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Blah blah ... I’m a teacher I know 6 colleagues in hospital 3 pupils with long term covid oh and one 7 year old pupil contracted in school and passed it onto her nan who died - severe trauma so ya know.... cry me a river.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Please look in the mirror, you are the selfish ones. We totally agree it’s arse upwards , this will cause untold unforeseen damage all this lockdown crap "

I’ve been saying this for weeks, have be pilloried and taken untold abuse for it. The cure is now more devastating than the disease, things have to change

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why should the elderly and vulnerable give up EVERYTHING in their lives so you can carry on without a second thought? You do understand the full implications of shielding, yes? Should we not all pull together and have compassion for those most at risk?

Your argument is exactly the reason Harold Shipman got away with what he did for so long.

Actually I don't know why I even bothered commenting. You've shown your true colours often enough in this forum for me to realise I'm wasting my breath

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Why should the elderly and vulnerable give up EVERYTHING in their lives so you can carry on without a second thought? You do understand the full implications of shielding, yes? Should we not all pull together and have compassion for those most at risk?

Your argument is exactly the reason Harold Shipman got away with what he did for so long. "

Just cull the over 70's. That gets rid of the problem.

Visiting graves means no risk of potentially infecting them.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

"Just cull the over 70's. That gets rid of the problem.

Visiting graves means no risk of potentially infecting them. "

Bit harsh!!!

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Do you know what an average is? It doesn't mean that nobody below that age dies from it. Also, when you consider the restrictions that are in place, the fact that there are still hundreds a day dying because of it shows that the current restrictions are "Not Strict Enough". Without the current restrictions, the number of deaths would be ten times (in my opinion) the current figure.

Cal

Could you quantify:

A) the damage to the enconomy that the measures have had compared to if no measures had been taken?

B) to your income compared to if there were no lockdown.

C) to your children's education

D) mental health for me.

I'm not disagreeing nor agreeing with you but youre just throwing out a personal opinion without any quantifications.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

South

So no one commenting on the mental health issues surrounding young kids infecting grandparents then? Or long covid ... I see manipulating the informations to suit your own narrative AGAIN!

South

"

Did you read my post? Or just skim past the ones that make uncomfortable reading? Seriously engage brain cell purlease

South

"Actually I don't know why I even bothered commenting. You've shown your true colours often enough in this forum for me to realise I'm wasting my breath"

It’s mad isn’t it ... the f anything fab opens your eyes to the abhorrent depths of human nature rather than sex..... it’s usually a heart breaking find.

South

Yeah green arrow ... allll becomes clear

Herne Bay

Did you read my post? Or just skim past the ones that make uncomfortable reading? Seriously engage brain cell purlease "

Covid the only game in town when it comes to health nowadays

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Take a look at the website....

Statutory Notifications of Infectious Diseases, weekly report by region. The last published figures for Covid hospital admissions in the UK was ...... wait for it....... just 50.

We are being fed a lot of nonsense! "

Maybe when you read the source of your information properly and understand it then you might work it out...

Are covidiots getting thicker?

South

Did you read my post? Or just skim past the ones that make uncomfortable reading? Seriously engage brain cell purlease Covid the only game in town when it comes to health nowadays "

And the mental health of the 7 year old knowing she infected granny? Or doesn’t that suit your narrative?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I will have you know that my 75 year old contribution to the economy as a sugar daddy would be sorely missed if I were to be culled!

Tin town

It's disconcerting how little empathy and compromise we seem able to muster. We have a common enemy we are all trying to find a way to either get rid of. Or defeat. The quicker we work together the quicker we succeed

By *hickennchipsWoman  over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

"I will have you know that my 75 year old contribution to the economy as a sugar daddy would be sorely missed if I were to be culled!"

Yes it would!!

South

"It's disconcerting how little empathy and compromise we seem able to muster. We have a common enemy we are all trying to find a way to either get rid of. Or defeat. The quicker we work together the quicker we succeed"

Ahh therein lies the rub .. ‘but I want my freedom to fuck strangers and not wear a mask innit I’m not a sheeple - wake up innit’ ....

Forget the empathy and social responsibly many people (far more than I ever naively thought possible) just don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves

Scunthorpe

Did you read my post? Or just skim past the ones that make uncomfortable reading? Seriously engage brain cell purlease.

--------

Covid the only game in town when it comes to health nowadays "

Not according to ANY of the statistics.

The total of deaths in the uk this year so far is about 600,000. The number is around 14% above the average number of deaths (which is a big difference) the number of deaths attributed to covid is about 9.5% of the total deaths.

Cal

Herne Bay

Did you read my post? Or just skim past the ones that make uncomfortable reading? Seriously engage brain cell purlease.

--------

The total of deaths in the uk this year so far is about 600,000. The number is around 14% above the average number of deaths (which is a big difference) the number of deaths attributed to covid is about 9.5% of the total deaths.

Cal"

where you getting your stats from ??

By *ust Us TogetherCouple  over a year ago

Newport

With Covid mutating and there are at least 4 versions about that we know off, lets hope a version of it that kills the younger selfish, don't give a shit arseholes doesn't appear.

Watch them then scream for lockdowns, compulsary mask wearing and pubs to be shutdown. You won't see them out demonstrating, partying and saying let Covid cull people.....

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Quite a short-sighted view on your part, as you seem to ignore the fact that death is not the only consequence of covid.

A large number of people who are infected with covid but do not die, end up suffering from Long Covid with long term health issues.

Long Covid does not affect just the vulnerable and over 80s, it affects people of ALL ages. So that’s something to worry about regardless of how old you are.

There are estimated 200,000+ people suffering from long covid in the U.K.

Also if we don't control the spread of the virus, it will lead to an influx of covid patients in the hospitals which could over burden the NHS.

If that happens, it would mean that treatment for other illnesses would be postponed or cancelled... resulting in thousands of extra deaths from other illnesses besides covid. These set of people who will die due to lack of treatment would be people of ALL ages, not just the vulnerable or over 80s.

So, before you start telling people to 'look in the mirror', maybe you should start of by looking into your own mirror; that is if you even have one in the first place.

Herne Bay

"With Covid mutating and there are at least 4 versions about that we know off, lets hope a version of it that kills the younger selfish, don't give a shit arseholes doesn't appear.

Watch them then scream for lockdowns, compulsary mask wearing and pubs to be shutdown. You won't see them out demonstrating, partying and saying let Covid cull people.....

"

Spain has really hard lockdowns ,marks inside and out and guess what the virus is still there , how long do you want us to hide away for ?

South

"With Covid mutating and there are at least 4 versions about that we know off, lets hope a version of it that kills the younger selfish, don't give a shit arseholes doesn't appear.

Spain has really hard lockdowns ,marks inside and out and guess what the virus is still there , how long do you want us to hide away for ? "

Until people, kids and teachers and healthy young people stop dying. Until the vaccine rolls out until all of this agony gets rewarded.

Do you want to fuck the rules and just get back out there?

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 17:42:20]

Herne Bay

Spain has really hard lockdowns ,marks inside and out and guess what the virus is still there , how long do you want us to hide away for ?

Until people, kids and teachers and healthy young people stop dying. Until the vaccine rolls out until all of this agony gets rewarded.

Do you want to fuck the rules and just get back out there? "

Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

And this is why the virus is still spreading i cannot believe some peoples attitude to it.

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

Spain has really hard lockdowns ,marks inside and out and guess what the virus is still there , how long do you want us to hide away for ? "

If possible, I suggest you hide away for ten years. Then you'd know the vaccine was safe. Every one else, as soon as it's under control

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 17:45:59]

Herne Bay

If possible, I suggest you hide away for ten years. Then you'd know the vaccine was safe. Every one else, as soon as it's under control "

Suggest all you want

South

Do you want to fuck the rules and just get back out there? Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters "

That was a serious question you post continuously about lock down being not your choice but you’re in a group that wouldn’t fair very well so what’s your alternate option? Serious answers only not wanly sarky sound bites. You sound extremely self centred in all your posts ... redeem yourself

South

If possible, I suggest you hide away for ten years. Then you'd know the vaccine was safe. Every one else, as soon as it's under control "

Haha or forever

Herne Bay

If possible, I suggest you hide away for ten years. Then you'd know the vaccine was safe. Every one else, as soon as it's under control

Haha or forever "

keep hiding

Lancashire

"It's disconcerting how little empathy and compromise we seem able to muster. We have a common enemy we are all trying to find a way to either get rid of. Or defeat. The quicker we work together the quicker we succeed

Ahh therein lies the rub .. ‘but I want my freedom to fuck strangers and not wear a mask innit I’m not a sheeple - wake up innit’ ....

Forget the empathy and social responsibly many people (far more than I ever naively thought possible) just don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves "

Except nobody on this thread has mentioned fucking strangers and freedom except you.

My consistent position has been that the collateral damage caused by lockdowns will cause far more issues and be responsible for more deaths long term than this virus. We have already seen education, jobs, the economy, other health services, suicide rates et al suffer immeasurably. So there’s empathy for you, it’s just not as short-sighted as yours

South

Haha or forever keep hiding "

I actually meant society would not lament the loss of people like you should you not partake ...

Herne Bay

Haha or forever keep hiding

I actually meant society would not lament the loss of people like you should you not partake ... "

who cares what you think

South

"It's disconcerting how little empathy and compromise we seem able to muster. We have a common enemy we are all trying to find a way to either get rid of. Or defeat. The quicker we work together the quicker we succeed

Forget the empathy and social responsibly many people (far more than I ever naively thought possible) just don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves

Except nobody on this thread has mentioned fucking strangers and freedom except you.

My consistent position has been that the collateral damage caused by lockdowns will cause far more issues and be responsible for more deaths long term than this virus. We have already seen education, jobs, the economy, other health services, suicide rates et al suffer immeasurably. So there’s empathy for you, it’s just not as short-sighted as yours"

Elaborate... prove it .

South

Haha or forever keep hiding

I actually meant society would not lament the loss of people like you should you not partake ... who cares what you think "

Haha oh many my darling many many ... I have hitting to prove to erm ... ‘people like you’

Did OP disappear?

Lancashire

My consistent position has been that the collateral damage caused by lockdowns will cause far more issues and be responsible for more deaths long term than this virus. We have already seen education, jobs, the economy, other health services, suicide rates et al suffer immeasurably. So there’s empathy for you, it’s just not as short-sighted as yours

Elaborate... prove it . "

Prove what? That I’m more empathetic than you? You’ll only deny it.

What I’m saying is lockdowns are not proportionate or necessary, and one day when history judges 2020 you’ might realise you backed the wrong horse.

South

Elaborate... prove it .

What I’m saying is lockdowns are not proportionate or necessary, and one day when history judges 2020 you’ might realise you backed the wrong horse. "

Prove your ‘collateral damage’ prove that education has suffered ... money where mouth is ... bet you can’t

My consistent position has been that the collateral damage caused by lockdowns will cause far more issues and be responsible for more deaths long term than this virus. We have already seen education, jobs, the economy, other health services, suicide rates et al suffer immeasurably. So there’s empathy for you, it’s just not as short-sighted as yours"

Yes I think the longer term damage will be worse than the virus, 900 jobs gone where I used to work due to loss of sales because of COVID and I know 3 people that have committed suicide during all this

South

Yes I think the longer term damage will be worse than the virus, 900 jobs gone where I used to work due to loss of sales because of COVID and I know 3 people that have committed suicide during all this "

I know a 27 year old teacher in hospital in a ventilator ... I know a 45 year old teacher that gave it to her husband who died .. I know a 60 year old dinner lady that died. .... who knows how many more would have died. The issue is we have a useless government who don’t value mental health nor did they support people once they locked them down. We also have a pitifully woeful education and NHS infrastructure that was weak at best. The issue is lockdown or not the issue is the wankers millions voted for that have no care for any health just wealth,

norwich

"Why should the elderly and vulnerable give up EVERYTHING in their lives so you can carry on without a second thought? You do understand the full implications of shielding, yes? Should we not all pull together and have compassion for those most at risk?

Your argument is exactly the reason Harold Shipman got away with what he did for so long. "

I didbt say they should give up everything, i said they have a choice to take the risk or not.

And comparing my comments to Harold Shipman is ridiculous.

Wow. You should look in the mirror. What a heartless post. I dearly hope you dnt have a mum or a gran and are able to do this to them. YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR .SELFISH ???

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Often wonder how many over 85s with severe health conditions died each day pre Covid , it’s got to be several hundred surely. If I was 85 and sick I wouldn’t want my kids abs grandkids lives ruined just to keep me alive longer

Your argument is exactly the reason Harold Shipman got away with what he did for so long.

I didbt say they should give up everything, i said they have a choice to take the risk or not.

And comparing my comments to Harold Shipman is ridiculous."

Is it? He preyed on the elderly and vulnerable. People who society didn't notice. People whose deaths weren't questioned because they were old anyway.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

And what I'd the average life expectancy?

Tin town

"

I'm going to stand up for youngsters here. Not withstanding that when we were their age... We pretty much did as we were told. A huge number of youngsters have been really responsible in this. More so than many "older than 40s" that I have witnessed. There will always be outliers but if you continually tell people they are shit... They will eventually start to believe it and start behaving like it. These are people who have very low risk of catching it and very low risk of coming to harm. Now, I believe if you want something from someone... You don't start by calling them a selfish wanker.

We want them to continue to play their part. So let's set them a great example. Let's appreciate some sacrifices and let's stop using every chance we get to kick them when they are down. (and yes the folks having parties for 200 deserve what's coming their way.... Punish them the same as Sturgeon, or cummings, or Hamilton, or anyone else who has broken the rules).

Bexley

"...Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters "

Well, I'm far more likely to be wetting my bed because of prostate cancer treatment getting sidelined by covid.

I am rather surprised that more younger people aren't worried about being struck down in their prime.

My generation were so worried about nuclear war that we used to shit ourselves every time an air raid siren went on test in the 60s and 70s.

Now we've mostly had good lives we wouldn't feel quite so cheated if it all came to an end. Imagine being cheated out of a considerable future through your own lack of caution.

Yes I think the longer term damage will be worse than the virus, 900 jobs gone where I used to work due to loss of sales because of COVID and I know 3 people that have committed suicide during all this "

The thing is a lot of this can be rather subjective.

Two years ago I knew of about 10 people who committed suicide. It was a horrendous year for that. This year I haven't known anyone. I also haven't known anyone personally who has lost their job, but have known a few in the past years who have. So using your logic 2020 has actually been a good year in my experience. Some may argue that with the deal reached with Brexit and the new pissibilities we could be seeing an expansion rather than decline in businesses this next year and a turn in unemployment.

The danger is we make our arguments subjective and objectivity is thrown to the wind. Makes us feel good but give little value to a wider reality.

Herne Bay

"...Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters

Well, I'm far more likely to be wetting my bed because of prostate cancer treatment getting sidelined by covid.

I am rather surprised that more younger people aren't worried about being struck down in their prime.

My generation were so worried about nuclear war that we used to shit ourselves every time an air raid siren went on test in the 60s and 70s.

Now we've mostly had good lives we wouldn't feel quite so cheated if it all came to an end. Imagine being cheated out of a considerable future through your own lack of caution."

Not really sure what your point is , but we personally know some who had cancer and appointments where cancelled , we won’t say what the outcome was

Lancashire

Elaborate... prove it .

What I’m saying is lockdowns are not proportionate or necessary, and one day when history judges 2020 you’ might realise you backed the wrong horse.

Prove your ‘collateral damage’ prove that education has suffered ... money where mouth is ... bet you can’t "

I suggest you Google ‘has education suffered’ like I did. There won’t be a shortage of articles for you to read. The biggest failure though is that of preparing the adults of tomorrow that when things get tough they can just hide under their duvet.

norwich

"

Is it? He preyed on the elderly and vulnerable. People who society didn't notice. People whose deaths weren't questioned because they were old anyway. "

Yes it is ridiculous and dramatic.

You are talking about a serial killer. We are talking about a virus and the effects Lockdown is having on the whole of society.

I'm going to stand up for youngsters here. Not withstanding that when we were their age... We pretty much did as we were told. A huge number of youngsters have been really responsible in this. More so than many "older than 40s" that I have witnessed. There will always be outliers but if you continually tell people they are shit... They will eventually start to believe it and start behaving like it. These are people who have very low risk of catching it and very low risk of coming to harm. Now, I believe if you want something from someone... You don't start by calling them a selfish wanker.

We want them to continue to play their part. So let's set them a great example. Let's appreciate some sacrifices and let's stop using every chance we get to kick them when they are down. (and yes the folks having parties for 200 deserve what's coming their way.... Punish them the same as Sturgeon, or cummings, or Hamilton, or anyone else who has broken the rules)."

Well said my friend, I look at these forums and I don't contribute not because I'm scared but there is no middle ground.

I know of lady who lost both parents to Covid in the space of one week!

I think of her now and can only imagine how hard this Christmas will be for her to get through it.

Tin town

You're onto something. So consequences of this virus are much more than the huge number of deaths? On that I assume many of us can agree.?

And all responses are more effective if more people work towards a common goal, rather than pulling in many different directions.

So, and here's where we all need to take a step back and let go of the trees we have been hugging for 9 months or more.... Even if we don't agree with the strategy... The quicker we solve this crisis the better for all of us. And the quicker solution will come, the more of us work towards a common goal.

So there is irony in many posters disagreeing with the strategy and choosing a different path for themselves

.. It is simply elongating the time to achieving our goal... Stronger together

Bexley

".. Punish them the same as Sturgeon, or cummings, or Hamilton, or anyone else who has broken the rules)."

Poor old Cummings. This time last year he didn't have the benefit of 2020 vision!

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

Is it? He preyed on the elderly and vulnerable. People who society didn't notice. People whose deaths weren't questioned because they were old anyway.

You are talking about a serial killer. We are talking about a virus and the effects Lockdown is having on the whole of society."

How about not worrying about all this ^^^ look after yourselves, look after your friends and families ... think about and put a little effort into your community and instead of wasting valuable life worrying and posting in here just make your life the best you can? Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year folks ...

"

You are talking about a serial killer. We are talking about a virus and the effects Lockdown is having on the whole of society."

But you are happy to sacrifice the old the old and vulnerable so that your life is not affected. And if you read what I said, I said attitudes like yours are why their deaths went unnoticed for so long. The cause of their deaths is irrelevant in making that point

Tin town

"...Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters

Now we've mostly had good lives we wouldn't feel quite so cheated if it all came to an end. Imagine being cheated out of a considerable future through your own lack of caution. Not really sure what your point is , but we personally know some who had cancer and appointments where cancelled , we won’t say what the outcome was "

It's as if appointments and treatments have never been cancelled by the NHS before. For more than 30 years PC the NHS has been cancelling and reprioritising its treatments. Probably even forever.

South

Elaborate... prove it .

Prove your ‘collateral damage’ prove that education has suffered ... money where mouth is ... bet you can’t

I suggest you Google ‘has education suffered’ like I did. There won’t be a shortage of articles for you to read. The biggest failure though is that of preparing the adults of tomorrow that when things get tough they can just hide under their duvet. "

I’ll trust what I see in my classroom day in day out rather than the likes of the ‘education secretary’ thanks ...... there is more to education than passing exams, I teach how to be an empathetic person, how to deal with loss, how to not be selfish, perseverance and persistence ... you trot off to google and let others spoon feed you an opinion of you wish. Children are amazing they won’t let this blip affect them.

Lancashire

Elaborate... prove it .

I suggest you Google ‘has education suffered’ like I did. There won’t be a shortage of articles for you to read. The biggest failure though is that of preparing the adults of tomorrow that when things get tough they can just hide under their duvet.

I’ll trust what I see in my classroom day in day out rather than the likes of the ‘education secretary’ thanks ...... there is more to education than passing exams, I teach how to be an empathetic person, how to deal with loss, how to not be selfish, perseverance and persistence ... you trot off to google and let others spoon feed you an opinion of you wish. Children are amazing they won’t let this blip affect them. "

By the sounds of it and your green arrow you also teach children what to think not how to think...

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

The problem with any of these plans. Is the number of vunerable people is huge anywhere between a fifth are the ones that have to be shielded and i mean properly shield where they don't leave their house possibly indefinitely. For this to work if society goes back to normal then anyone that lives with a shielding person would also have to shield and any people that have contact with them so as care home staff and medical staff would have to shield too.

Elaborate... prove it .

I’ll trust what I see in my classroom day in day out rather than the likes of the ‘education secretary’ thanks ...... there is more to education than passing exams, I teach how to be an empathetic person, how to deal with loss, how to not be selfish, perseverance and persistence ... you trot off to google and let others spoon feed you an opinion of you wish. Children are amazing they won’t let this blip affect them. "

You don’t come across very empathetic in your forum posts

Who knows what the long term affect on children will be no one seems to care either

South

Elaborate... prove it .

I’ll trust what I see in my classroom day in day out rather than the likes of the ‘education secretary’ thanks ...... there is more to education than passing exams, I teach how to be an empathetic person, how to deal with loss, how to not be selfish, perseverance and persistence ... you trot off to google and let others spoon feed you an opinion of you wish. Children are amazing they won’t let this blip affect them.

Who knows what the long term affect on children will be no one seems to care either "

The long term affect on children I would hazard a guess is a lot more favourable have they not killed an elderly relative,

I don’t suffer fools, there are fools a plenty on here ... my empathy is for people who don’t want to kill all the elderly for casual sex. Those people are just selfish idiots

South

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 18:48:17]

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"And the Excel and other temporary hospitals...... GONE!"

Sorry to be a pedant, but this isn't strictly true. The Exeter Nightingale is operating as are at least two more, one in the North West and one in the Humberside region.

South

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 18:54:08]

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Elaborate... prove it .

Who knows what the long term affect on children will be no one seems to care either

The long term affect on children I would hazard a guess is a lot more favourable have they not killed an elderly relative,

I don’t suffer fools, there are fools a plenty on here ... my empathy is for people who don’t want to kill all the elderly for casual sex. Those people are just selfish idiots "

Thanks God our kids are out of school!

Hope you enjoy your time off with the school holidays and calm down a bit.

South

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 18:54:16]

"And the Excel and other temporary hospitals...... GONE!

Sorry to be a pedant, but this isn't strictly true. The Exeter Nightingale is operating as are at least two more, one in the North West and one in the Humberside region."

And Belfast was still taking admissions as of 23rd December

By *ervent X KissMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It’s a fact that hospital Doctors were told at the start of 1st lockdown any over 65 with COVID and struggling, let them go just comfort but don’t try to do more.

South

Elaborate... prove it .

I don’t suffer fools, there are fools a plenty on here ... my empathy is for people who don’t want to kill all the elderly for casual sex. Those people are just selfish idiots Thanks God our kids are out of school!

Hope you enjoy your time off with the school holidays and calm down a bit.

"

Will do Karen

Tin town

Sorry to be a pedant, but this isn't strictly true. The Exeter Nightingale is operating as are at least two more, one in the North West and one in the Humberside region."

Well that doesn't suit the narrative... Coming along here with your facts and spoiling for an argument.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

How would you feel if you were 80 or were vulnerable?

"Hi ho hi ho ... blocking selfish bastards I go.. with a bucket and spade and a hand Grenache hi ho hi ho...

Fuck me .... "

Never seen a hand Grenache. Must be something new. Ooooooh Grenade oh dear says it all

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

It’s a fact that hospital Doctors were told at the start of 1st lockdown any over 65 with COVID and struggling, let them go just comfort but don’t try to do more. "

What complete rubbish!

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 27/12/20 19:18:17]

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

THIS

Vulnerable and elderly lives are worth living too!

Vile comments "

Didn't a country around 75 odd years ago have a similar policy of killing off amongst others the weak and elderly as their life wasn't worth anything ?

I suppose you want Sir tom knocking off or left alone to take his chances ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

It’s a fact that hospital Doctors were told at the start of 1st lockdown any over 65 with COVID and struggling, let them go just comfort but don’t try to do more. "

And who told you this exactly.?

liverpool

One of them has gone hasn't it?

Complete idiot"

Don't put yourself down x

Yeah green arrow ... allll becomes clear "

The OP?

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

Superb post

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

Think the best thing to do to show the sheep is to deliberately get infected by the virus.

Then go visit your parents and family members.

Show the sheep that they are selfish by being selfless.

Let us know how it goes.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

It doesn't matter how hard they make their lockdown is people are going to ignore them. Perhaps Spainish people are still mixing socially in bigger numbers? Average number of people per household in the UK is 2.3 compared to 2.5 in Spain so that's going impact the number of cases too.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

Sorry to be a pedant, but this isn't strictly true. The Exeter Nightingale is operating as are at least two more, one in the North West and one in the Humberside region.

One of them has gone hasn't it?"

Which one? Exeter certainly hasn't.

By *raceysfunCouple  over a year ago

NEWHAVEN

Forget the empathy and social responsibly many people (far more than I ever naively thought possible) just don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves "

I totally agree with you both its been a big eye opener to see how selfish people can be and has put me right off some so called human beings!!

liverpool

One of them has gone hasn't it?

Which one? Exeter certainly hasn't."

I'm not sure..was reading one the other day where its just been closed down but they couldnt find our why.

Well, that is one fuckwit of a post.

Come have a look around an ICU covid ward sometime, yes the over 80’s are pretty much doomed if they come to us, very few survive, very few actually get to icu as its kinder not to ventilate.

The over 80’s aren’t the issue, if they come in they deteriorate, pass away, free up their beds pretty quickly... that’s as blunt as I can be. The 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc... they occupy most of our space, they all have a hell of a fight on their hands to survive and will leave us probably never retrieving their original level of health. We save 4 out of 5 of them currently.

If you lock away the 80’s and have a free for all so you can enjoy your gin and tonic or whatever... we’ll be swamped, those middle aged people will die in huge numbers as we won’t be able to give them the level of care they need.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Come have a look around an ICU covid ward sometime, yes the over 80’s are pretty much doomed if they come to us, very few survive, very few actually get to icu as its kinder not to ventilate.

The over 80’s aren’t the issue, if they come in they deteriorate, pass away, free up their beds pretty quickly... that’s as blunt as I can be. The 40’s, 50’s, 60’s etc... they occupy most of our space, they all have a hell of a fight on their hands to survive and will leave us probably never retrieving their original level of health. We save 4 out of 5 of them currently.

If you lock away the 80’s and have a free for all so you can enjoy your gin and tonic or whatever... we’ll be swamped, those middle aged people will die in huge numbers as we won’t be able to give them the level of care they need."

At last someone who buys it bluntly but clearly

I also teach and I can assure you that students education has suffered hugely since the first lockdown. This is not a representation of teachers doing their absolute best. Sad but true

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

If you lock away the 80’s and have a free for all so you can enjoy your gin and tonic or whatever... we’ll be swamped, those middle aged people will die in huge numbers as we won’t be able to give them the level of care they need."

Well said.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's been raised here a lot, including the barrington debate. It's also had official reviews and renection, due to its I'm plausibility. Death is 1 serious implication of the disease but more people get sustained and permanent disability, including organ damage and failure. Not all people affected are over 80. To segregate the 25-40% who are vulnerable is not workable. See the full details of its impracticality in the dozens of other threads.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

All I hear is me me me.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Bravo. Great post.

These people never think of the consequences of the get on with it free for all. Cases are at the level they all with the measures in place that are adhered to by most.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Charli as usual spells it out clearly for all to see and understand. This is the real deal folks, warts and all, from the front line.

Some folks advocate opening everything back up, just getting on with things, it's only the over 80's who really need to worry, blah blah blah.

Can you imagine what that would do to the current situation in Charli's ICU ?

They'd be overwhelmed and overrun with more patients. They simply would not cope.

I suspect a number of things would happen at this point.

1. Other hospital units would see some reassignment of staff to the ICU.

2. If possible, additional ICU units (perhaps not as well-equipped or maybe a triage/holding type of affair to hive-off some cases) may be established

3. Reassignment to Nightingales where possible.

Perhaps Charli would be so kind to elaborate on their escalation plans, if able to do so ?

To get to the point though...this increase on limited resources will exert pressure on the supply of other hospital-provided resources. Cracks will widen.

Ultimately affecting the initial supporters of the "let's get back to normal, it's only old folks who need to worry" brigade.

So after an RTA, when they are waiting an extended amount of time for an ambulance (because none are available, they are all blueing increased amounts of covid-patients to hospital), their own life may hang precariously the balance. More so than it would have done had lockdowns and shielding continued as before.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Throwing others to the wolves, and realising you're next on the menu.

The law of unintended consequences.

ribble valley

If you lock away the 80’s and have a free for all so you can enjoy your gin and tonic or whatever... we’ll be swamped, those middle aged people will die in huge numbers as we won’t be able to give them the level of care they need.

Charli as usual spells it out clearly for all to see and understand. This is the real deal folks, warts and all, from the front line.

Some folks advocate opening everything back up, just getting on with things, it's only the over 80's who really need to worry, blah blah blah.

Can you imagine what that would do to the current situation in Charli's ICU ?

They'd be overwhelmed and overrun with more patients. They simply would not cope.

I suspect a number of things would happen at this point.

1. Other hospital units would see some reassignment of staff to the ICU.

2. If possible, additional ICU units (perhaps not as well-equipped or maybe a triage/holding type of affair to hive-off some cases) may be established

3. Reassignment to Nightingales where possible.

Perhaps Charli would be so kind to elaborate on their escalation plans, if able to do so ?

To get to the point though...this increase on limited resources will exert pressure on the supply of other hospital-provided resources. Cracks will widen.

Ultimately affecting the initial supporters of the "let's get back to normal, it's only old folks who need to worry" brigade.

So after an RTA, when they are waiting an extended amount of time for an ambulance (because none are available, they are all blueing increased amounts of covid-patients to hospital), their own life may hang precariously the balance. More so than it would have done had lockdowns and shielding continued as before.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Throwing others to the wolves, and realising you're next on the menu.

The law of unintended consequences.

"

By *he shaggersCouple  over a year ago

vancouver island

Why not make it over 50s s just to be sure

Blah blah ... I’m a teacher I know 6 colleagues in hospital 3 pupils with long term covid oh and one 7 year old pupil contracted in school and passed it onto her nan who died - severe trauma so ya know.... cry me a river. "

. So basically your attitude is, i’m on full pay and tough shit to anyone who has gone bankrupt or lost their job. Typical of the narrow minded ignorance from the cosseted public sector

This stupid Brexit will cause more economic damage....but you all voted for that !!!

"This stupid Brexit will cause more economic damage....but you all voted for that !!!"
. Amazing how you know so much. Something that “we all” voted for but you with your superior intelligence knew not to. Explain how you know this please ? Another grandstanding pointless comnent from someone just trying to big themselves up. Pathetic

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Would this be a one off cull or maybe just for a few years and conveniently end before you get to 70 (assuming you make it that far)

Tin town

"This stupid Brexit will cause more economic damage....but you all voted for that !!!"

Yes it's called democracy. As for any economic Consequences. Im no Economist and its a journey into the unknown. No nation has ever left the EU before so anyone who professes to know the outcomes is making it up as they go along.

If we all pull together there is no reason why we can't succeed.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

That's the spirit, don't let the vote facts get in the way of a good story.

If you want to believe that "all" voted for it, you carry on

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

The chance of an 80 year old diving in the next 12 months is about 1 in 10. The chance of an 80 year dying if they catch covid is also about 1 in 10. So not really a death sentence, just a doubling of the chance of dying.

Except it is far less than that since the chance of actually catching covid has to be taken into account too.

We are being fed a lot of nonsense! "

Where the hell are you getting that number from, Ive just downloaded it and its not saying that!

Herne Bay

Have Read this morning from NHS data that 377 people without underlying health issues died of Covid , 44 of those where aged 20 to 39 and 6 where under 19

Tonbridge

Where the hell are you getting that number from, Ive just downloaded it and its not saying that! "

Table 2 shows that figure.

Scunthorpe

--------

Cal

-----

where you getting your stats from ??"

ONS they have all sorts of spreadsheets on there that you can access.

ribble valley

"Have Read this morning from NHS data that 377 people without underlying health issues died of Covid , 44 of those where aged 20 to 39 and 6 where under 19 "

Just shows why we have to have restrictions. If we stop and think and work with the rest of society, we can bring these number's down

Herne Bay

"Have Read this morning from NHS data that 377 people without underlying health issues died of Covid , 44 of those where aged 20 to 39 and 6 where under 19

Just shows why we have to have restrictions. If we stop and think and work with the rest of society, we can bring these number's down "

really that represents 0.00071132 of under 60s

ribble valley

"Have Read this morning from NHS data that 377 people without underlying health issues died of Covid , 44 of those where aged 20 to 39 and 6 where under 19

Just shows why we have to have restrictions. If we stop and think and work with the rest of society, we can bring these number's down really that represents 0.00071132 of under 60s"

I don't worry about numbers. Even 1 death is too high.

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 09:28:20]

Herne Bay

Just shows why we have to have restrictions. If we stop and think and work with the rest of society, we can bring these number's down really that represents 0.00071132 of under 60s

I don't worry about numbers. Even 1 death is too high. "

Obviously we would all say one death is to many but unfortunately us humans do die

Scunthorpe

"

"

OP. The problem with this concept, is that the people "taking the risk or not" are not really risking themselves, they are risking other people.

A lot has been said about the statistics suggesting this virus is "not that dangerous" but all of the statistics are based on our current "heavily restricted" situation. We can only imagine how bad things would have been without those restrictions... although if you make a comparison between Sweden and neighboring Norway. Sweden were famously lax in their response and have recorded 800 deaths per million of population, Norway have responded in a similar way to us & have recorded 77 deaths per million... so more than ten times worse without the strong response.

Another thing that is mentioned at length is the extra deaths due to "other treatments" being cancelled... but this is actually the whole point. The real risk from this virus is actually the impact that it is having on the health services, many hospitals are struggling with the load (they are just saying so on the news as I type), without the constraints we have in place hospitals would have ground to a halt many months ago.

Cal

ribble valley

Just shows why we have to have restrictions. If we stop and think and work with the rest of society, we can bring these number's down really that represents 0.00071132 of under 60s

I don't worry about numbers. Even 1 death is too high. Obviously we would all say one death is to many but unfortunately us humans do die "

And we should do all we can to prevent these deaths wherever possible. Like following the restrictions and helping the nhs cope.

Scunthorpe

"Have Read this morning from NHS data that 377 people without underlying health issues died of Covid , 44 of those where aged 20 to 39 and 6 where under 19 "

The total number of deaths for the 1-19 age range so far this year is 1400, so 6 out of those were linked to covid... that is 0.43% or 1 in every 233, which if you were to extrapolate across the population (14 million 19 and under) would suggest that unchecked, Covid "could" kill 60,000 under 19's.

Cal

I don't worry about numbers. Even 1 death is too high. "

Is that any death is one too many or any Covid death is one too many.

The reason I ask is because if its the former they can do away with Nice as they decide if a possibly life saving treatment is value for money.

It’s not only about deaths there are lots of younger people who will suffer long term from long covid and may die later on from a covid related illness. Those who don’t believe then feel free to volunteer on a respiratory ward... oh and you won’t need ppe either will you?

Blah blah ... I’m a teacher I know 6 colleagues in hospital 3 pupils with long term covid oh and one 7 year old pupil contracted in school and passed it onto her nan who died - severe trauma so ya know.... cry me a river. . So basically your attitude is, i’m on full pay and tough shit to anyone who has gone bankrupt or lost their job. Typical of the narrow minded ignorance from the cosseted public sector"

So that would be the cosseted public sector who teach the nations children, man the hospitals, pay out benefits and keep the entire infrastructure of society afloat.

Durham

Where the hell are you getting that number from, Ive just downloaded it and its not saying that! "

As of xmas day the lastest figure are 21430 people in hospital in the uk with covid and 1612 in ICU. No idea where you got the figure of 50 from?

Tonbridge

Where the hell are you getting that number from, Ive just downloaded it and its not saying that!

As of xmas day the lastest figure are 21430 people in hospital in the uk with covid and 1612 in ICU. No idea where you got the figure of 50 from?

"

It is the number of new covid admissions during the week in question. I think the uk has over 170,000 hospital beds so 21,430 is not a particularly large number.

Tonbridge

The total number of deaths for the 1-19 age range so far this year is 1400, so 6 out of those were linked to covid... that is 0.43% or 1 in every 233, which if you were to extrapolate across the population (14 million 19 and under) would suggest that unchecked, Covid "could" kill 60,000 under 19's.

Cal"

Not a correct calculation. It is 6 under 19s out of the the number of under 19s who caught covid. If about 2% have caught covid then that would be 6 out of about 140,000 or a 100th of your figure, ie about 600 under 19s without underlying health conditions would die if they all caught it.

Durham

It is the number of new covid admissions during the week in question. I think the uk has over 170,000 hospital beds so 21,430 is not a particularly large number."

I don't think there are 170000 staffed beds at the moment do to staff sickness, mostly covid.

Durham

Cal

Not a correct calculation. It is 6 under 19s out of the the number of under 19s who caught covid. If about 2% have caught covid then that would be 6 out of about 140,000 or a 100th of your figure, ie about 600 under 19s without underlying health conditions would die if they all caught it."

But if you open up society sure pretty much 100% of people will get covid,and unless they catch it very quickly and herd immunity is achieved then likely to catch it more than once.

"It’s not only about deaths there are lots of younger people who will suffer long term from long covid and may die later on from a covid related illness. Those who don’t believe then feel free to volunteer on a respiratory ward... oh and you won’t need ppe either will you? "

Cal

Not a correct calculation. It is 6 under 19s out of the the number of under 19s who caught covid. If about 2% have caught covid then that would be 6 out of about 140,000 or a 100th of your figure, ie about 600 under 19s without underlying health conditions would die if they all caught it."

How many under 19's would people be happy to cull so they can fuck strangers and go to the pub?

Tin town

Cal

Not a correct calculation. It is 6 under 19s out of the the number of under 19s who caught covid. If about 2% have caught covid then that would be 6 out of about 140,000 or a 100th of your figure, ie about 600 under 19s without underlying health conditions would die if they all caught it.

How many under 19's would people be happy to cull so they can fuck strangers and go to the pub? "

Can I nominate the 4 noisy joy riding fuckers who drive donuts every night for 2 hours.? (tongue seriously in cheek before anyone takes offence!)

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Totally with u on this! I'm not 83 but am considered elderly being 63 classed as vulnerable having asthma and diabetes! And said this to my kids if it gets me then so b it! Dont get me wrong I do what's expected of me the mask the distancing etc! As at my age I've had my life! Just how I feel about it! X

"Perhaps Charli would be so kind to elaborate on their escalation plans, if able to do so ?"

To be honest, we are already there. We have occupied 4 theatres and their post surgical care provision, we have an additional ward, our nurses are caring on a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio and our shifts are rarely below 12-14 hours.

There’s nowhere to go, we are using our contingency and the next action would be appealing for external help as was seen in Wales yesterday.

By *mnipotent_BehemothMan  over a year ago

near Merry Hill shopping centre

"

"

The NEC is on 72hr readiness to open the issue is no one has come forwards to staff them, the Government were expecting hordes of retired nurses or nurses who had left to come forwards and yes you have the answer no shit Sherlock after all the years of being shit on they haven’t, now you can’t staff the full hospitals we have and the nightingales with the same staff.

Tin town

"

The NEC is on 72hr readiness to open the issue is no one has come forwards to staff them, the Government were expecting hordes of retired nurses or nurses who had left to come forwards and yes you have the answer no shit Sherlock after all the years of being shit on they haven’t, now you can’t staff the full hospitals we have and the nightingales with the same staff."

So apart from moaning and wailing. What solutions are you proposing?

It's not about saving lives and the average age of 83 is neither here nor there - it's about preventing the NHS from being totally overwhelmed by patients. That's what it's all about. The lives saved are a bonus but the aim of the lockdowns etc is to protect the NHS.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

The danger is not only in this present times but also in the future times as we all will get older , that's why is so important to eradicate this virus fast as possible we never know what can come with the mutations of this virus

Tin town

Please look in the mirror, you are the selfish ones. It's not about saving lives and the average age of 83 is neither here nor there - it's about preventing the NHS from being totally overwhelmed by patients. That's what it's all about. The lives saved are a bonus but the aim of the lockdowns etc is to protect the NHS."

Which is bizarre in itself. As if you take a step back and think our soul purpose for the last year and the next one is to save the NHS.an institution whose sole purpose is to take care of sick people.

Now, what would happen if we took that 24 months of energy and effort and money and put some of it into making us "better" and "healthier" as a nation... Mindfulness, emotional well being, living environments, exercise, outside life, diet, preventable health issues....

An army of pelotons, Mr motivators and Joe wickes banging on your door to inspire and motivate and energise....

By *empseyANDRedheadCouple  over a year ago

warwick

"

Can someone help us make sense of this pls. I’ve looked at this report from public health England and at the bottom it plainly says that 50 cases of COVID were reported in the prior 5 weeks. We sadly lost a family member to COVID during this period at Coventry hospital but this is not even listed.

What am I reading wrong? Does this report mean people admitted because of COVID and does not count admission for another condition and then catching it in hospital? He was admitted after falling down the stairs then got COVID from another patient on the ward. Confused

warwick

Here is the headline figures

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/healthcare

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"

Do you want to fuck the rules and just get back out there? Oh no we are so scared of Covid that we are constantly hiding behind our Sofa , that 000.3 chance of dying has made us bedwetters "

So anyone who doesn't belong to your gang is now a 'bedwetter'.

Last time I heard an argument like that the dinner lady broke it up.

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

God some of you people are so vile!

"God some of you people are so vile!"

You have a status up looking for a meet? You’ve just lost the moral high ground

All I will say on this is life is priceless at any age and nothing else should matter than saving people life’s at any cost as once you’ve lost someone you’ll realise the true value of everything the economy and alike can be rebuilt but the dead can never be bought back to life

Tonbridge

"All I will say on this is life is priceless at any age and nothing else should matter than saving people life’s at any cost as once you’ve lost someone you’ll realise the true value of everything the economy and alike can be rebuilt but the dead can never be bought back to life "

Which must be why we spend so much on giving people in their 90s heart transplants.

Leicestershire

"All I will say on this is life is priceless at any age and nothing else should matter than saving people life’s at any cost as once you’ve lost someone you’ll realise the true value of everything the economy and alike can be rebuilt but the dead can never be bought back to life

Which must be why we spend so much on giving people in their 90s heart transplants."

Yet the NHS rarely perform them on people aged over 65, so I don't think you're being entirely accurate here.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"It’s not only about deaths there are lots of younger people who will suffer long term from long covid and may die later on from a covid related illness. Those who don’t believe then feel free to volunteer on a respiratory ward... oh and you won’t need ppe either will you? "

Exactly this

And you are right in saying that some of the younger people now suffering from Long Covid may die later from a covid related illness. And if their death occurs after 28 days of a positive test, then they won’t be included among the covid deaths & stats. Which is why some people assume covid affects only the over 80s.

And in addition, you will also have younger people dying from other illnesses because they couldn’t get access to the treatment they need; all because the NHS is too busy dealing with an influx of covid patients.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"All I will say on this is life is priceless at any age and nothing else should matter than saving people life’s at any cost as once you’ve lost someone you’ll realise the true value of everything the economy and alike can be rebuilt but the dead can never be bought back to life "

Yes life is priceless! But sometimes money comes into it! Example my wonderful lovely step dad had his kidneys start to fail they gave him dialysis and he was almost good as new! He then started down hill to the point of needing dialysis again! I said is that an option they said no but not in so many words but it was the cost at his age they said it was not sustainable! So sadly he died x

That's an average from 70K deaths, there was a stat that the average age in icu was in the 60's and chance of survival once admitted to icu was around 50%. What about those life's?

Tin town

Can someone help us make sense of this pls. I’ve looked at this report from public health England and at the bottom it plainly says that 50 cases of COVID were reported in the prior 5 weeks. We sadly lost a family member to COVID during this period at Coventry hospital but this is not even listed.

What am I reading wrong? Does this report mean people admitted because of COVID and does not count admission for another condition and then catching it in hospital? He was admitted after falling down the stairs then got COVID from another patient on the ward. Confused "

Sorry to hear your loss. It could be simply an error in the report. As the numbers clearly are so far from what we have seen previously.

Scunthorpe

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 16:01:59]

Leicestershire

"

What am I reading wrong? Does this report mean people admitted because of COVID and does not count admission for another condition and then catching it in hospital? He was admitted after falling down the stairs then got COVID from another patient on the ward. Confused "

How do you know he's not one of the 50 listed?

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

The mind boggles as to why some people seem only preoccupied with the ' death' aspect of all this ! Just because governments shoot statistics at you about it surely doesn't mean you are too stupid to work out what the real important thing is ?

It's about spreading ,prevention and specifically the potential strain on the emergency services .. death is actually a long way down the list frankly :/

warwick

"

What am I reading wrong? Does this report mean people admitted because of COVID and does not count admission for another condition and then catching it in hospital? He was admitted after falling down the stairs then got COVID from another patient on the ward. Confused

How do you know he's not one of the 50 listed?"

Because it’s listed by hospital and Coventry is not on the list for week 46,47,48

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

all heart on here...

Well I hope the mods read this one.

Advocating that the elderly and others in 'at risk' groups should just be exposed to coronavirus and die so you can live your life normally goes well beyond what civilised people would think.

Sounds rather extreme right wing to me.

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Back in Gatwick!

I completely agree with you, sadly we are in the minority.

My mental health is in tatters, but hey, as long as I stay home and save lives, who gives a FF, right?

I had a dental abscess in the middle of the first lockdown. No dentist would see me, not even private ones. The infection was getting worse very quickly .. I was turned away from A&E... thank goodness that I found some antibiotics from some other time. After some research, I decided to take them and stalled the infection until my dentist could see me. She said that was a good move and she was so sorry she wasn’t allowed to see me earlier...

But hey, we’re all clapping and saving lives...

"Well I hope the mods read this one.

Advocating that the elderly and others in 'at risk' groups should just be exposed to coronavirus and die so you can live your life normally goes well beyond what civilised people would think.

Sounds rather extreme right wing to me. "

That’s not what the OP wrote.

That’s not what the OP wrote."

"No one will ever convince me the damage to the enconomy, to my income, to my children's education and mental health is worrh it for a virus killing people in the last few years of their life anyway".

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

"No one will ever convince me the damage to the enconomy, to my income, to my children's education and mental health is worrh it for a virus killing people in the last few years of their life anyway".

"

What if the consequences of not imposing risk measures exposed other issues we've not yet experienced?

Sounds rather extreme right wing to me. "

People suggest this all the time, but they get offended when it's worded as a 'cull of the elderly'. Same thing, different words.

Seems they are happy for people to die a horrible slow death gasping for air because they are just numbers on a graph.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

It's not about the average age you moron. It's a out the medical services being overwhelmed so even more people die

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

It seems to you don’t know anyone in that generation and assume they are all just vegetables anyway.

Incredibly short sited and judgemental

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

It seems to you don’t know anyone in that generation and assume they are all just vegetables anyway.

Incredibly short sited and judgemental "

*sighted

By *priteyMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

[Removed by poster at 28/12/20 18:32:00]

It's not about the average age you moron. It's a out the medical services being overwhelmed so even more people die "

This.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"Perhaps Charli would be so kind to elaborate on their escalation plans, if able to do so ?

To be honest, we are already there. We have occupied 4 theatres and their post surgical care provision, we have an additional ward, our nurses are caring on a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio and our shifts are rarely below 12-14 hours.

There’s nowhere to go, we are using our contingency and the next action would be appealing for external help as was seen in Wales yesterday. "

Thank you Charli. And I expect that's a similar story for many other ICU's across the land as well.

It's not a terribly comforting picture, but I just don't think a lot of people are seeing the same picture you do on at the sharp end. That may bring things in to stark relief.

Thank you Charli for the work you are doing, I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like

That’s not what the OP wrote.

"

None of which is your quote of that they should be exposed to the virus. In fact they said they should receive free health and financial support from the government.

I don’t agree with their position but let’s not make false quotes just to point score.

By *ymph and ManicCouple  over a year ago

North East

. ,,,, I’m alright jack. F@@k the rest of you.

Please look in the mirror, you are the selfish ones..

,,,, I’m alright jack. F@@k the rest of you. "