FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Its been more than a year!

Its been more than a year!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eterjamesmc OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Ive been looking after my mother. 1st she breaks a hip and leg visiting australiain september 2019, I got a bit of a break for january february visiting vietnam and cambodia,then covid hit soon as i returned. My job is not viable according to the govt. Financially its been fine as i dont have an extravagant lifestyle. No mortgage as i live on a canal boat, and no car to pay for as im a terrible driver. My kids are grown up and independent, but to be honest, its becoming too much now and i think it will be 3_6 months before theres light at the end of the tunnel. Who's got surefire ways of lightening their days? I read(a lot!)and its nice being in the countryside a couple of days a week when i can get away,but im drowning,not waving!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hear you. There's no sure way that I can say will help but a few things that can help.

Are there past interests or hobbies that you could restart to distract and help refocus? Targets, like fitness/running/walking/weight can help. Can you help someone else who needs support in some way or other, that can be done at a distance? A project you wanted to do but haven't had the motivation, maybe now is a good time and reason to do it.

Im here if you want to chat to. DM me if you wish.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Ive been looking after my mother. 1st she breaks a hip and leg visiting australiain september 2019, I got a bit of a break for january february visiting vietnam and cambodia,then covid hit soon as i returned. My job is not viable according to the govt. Financially its been fine as i dont have an extravagant lifestyle. No mortgage as i live on a canal boat, and no car to pay for as im a terrible driver. My kids are grown up and independent, but to be honest, its becoming too much now and i think it will be 3_6 months before theres light at the end of the tunnel. Who's got surefire ways of lightening their days? I read(a lot!)and its nice being in the countryside a couple of days a week when i can get away,but im drowning,not waving!"

Come into the forums and chat.

Stay out of the Virus forum, reading the stupidity will drive you insane.

Pop into the lounge or introductions and say hello. They're a much more jolly bunch.

E

By *eterjamesmc OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Thank you both. Feeling sorry for myself for a moment which has thankfully passed for now.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Thank you both. Feeling sorry for myself for a moment which has thankfully passed for now. "

Feel free to pm off this thread if you need a chat. Xx

» Add a new message to this topic