FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid-19, how was it for you?

Covid-19, how was it for you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it seems my entire household now has Covid and we begin our period of isolation.

Aside from going out as a family on cycles for exercise we've not been anywhere, so it appears made its way to us via my mother in law who's always been in our support bubble. She got I'll first on boxing Day and the only place she went in that period was a quick trip to Asda for essentials

So far symptoms for us are feeling tired with a head cold and headaches, nothing concerning. Hopefully we'll be over it soon.

What a way to see in 2021!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Its been good, we havent had it, neither have our relatives.

By *arandCouple  over a year ago

Warrington

Me and hubby both had it in October, hubby was worse than me, we had headache, cough, body aches, loss of appetite, loss of smell, loss of taste and generally felt rubbish for 3 weeks. We’re still not right, after 2 months. We think we caught it off our daughter as cases in high school were souring at the time.

Get well soon OP xx

Many thanks x

So far so good, we share the headache and lack of taste; I'm more upset we're locked in with the children for 10 days of isolation

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Sorry to hear that OP, wishing you all a speedy recovery..... and the patience whilst in isolation.

We’ve not had it in this household and none of my relatives around the country have experienced it. Some friends have, but luckily mild symptoms and all recovered now.

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

Had it early this year. The first week was hell as it started with a sore throat before the cough.

Kept throwing lemsip at it but went through a couple of packs before I realised this was not a regular "bug".

Towards the end of the first week, I had a few nights where I couldn't sleep as I felt I was drowning. Had a fever that refused to go. After speaking to a doctor in the family they told me to call 111.

So called 111 and was told to isolate. Found some breathing exercises to do that helped, got a private appointment and got some antibiotics to help with the tonsils as they were badly affected. Smell and taste then disappeared.

End of the 2nd week, throat got better and fever started to dissipate. Had a good night's sleep on day 15.

Took another 4 weeks to get back to normal.

So contacted the plasma donation service and they confirmed my suspicions. Subsequently donated plasma antibodies.

Was horrible and would not like to go through it again.

Plus side is I had enough antibodies to help and even if they reduce significantly, my T cells should be able to fight it off again should I get infected again before I get the vaccine.

"Had it early this year. The first week was hell..."

Ouch man, that sounds really bad and it clearly didn't help you got it early on when it wasn't as well understood.

I'm glad you're better now, and fair play in donating blood plasma to help others get through it, that's very selfless

By *ndrew CareyMan  over a year ago

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire & Lincolnshire

"Had it early this year. The first week was hell...

Ouch man, that sounds really bad and it clearly didn't help you got it early on when it wasn't as well understood.

I'm glad you're better now, and fair play in donating blood plasma to help others get through it, that's very selfless "

No worries mate. Have got family members in the NHS, so had to do my bit.

By *rindnbumpCouple  over a year ago

Our little world of Kinky Fuckery in Durham

"So it seems my entire household now has Covid and we begin our period of isolation.

Aside from going out as a family on cycles for exercise we've not been anywhere, so it appears made its way to us via my mother in law who's always been in our support bubble. She got I'll first on boxing Day and the only place she went in that period was a quick trip to Asda for essentials

So far symptoms for us are feeling tired with a head cold and headaches, nothing concerning. Hopefully we'll be over it soon.

What a way to see in 2021! "

Son and Hubster have both had it.

Son was advised to isolate as his college tutor had tested positive. 3 days later he started showing symptoms- nothing serious: headaches, nausea, disorientation and feeling tired all the time. We got him tested as we found out the boy he sat next to at college had a positive test. Hisnyest came back positive.

5 days later Hubster started showing symptoms. He was quite poorly. Had headaches, nausea, temperature, disorientation. Said his skin felt very sensitive. He had a burning sensation in his nose and lost his sense of smell and taste. Tight chest. He couldn't get out of bed for a couple of days as he was extremely tired. Fortunately didn't need hospital treatment.

Hope you're all ok and get through it.

Make the most of your isolation together. Play games, watch movies, listen to music and just generally keep each other's spirit's up x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We both had it very mild in March/April.

I had loss of taste and smell, a cracking headache and exhaustion and that's about it. My temperature registered high on a thermometer for about 8hrs but I didn't feel like I had a temp. I had no cough at all.

Mr KC had a fairly hacking cough, no loss of taste and smell. He had fevers, more severe exhaustion than me and took much longer than me to recover. We were both back to normal within two weeks, although Mr KC continued with a cough at night for many months after.

There were no swab tests for people like us in late March but an antibody test in August confirmed it for me (and therefore Mr must also have had it, due to the symptoms).

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Thankfully i only had the aching joints very little coughing no temprature but constant headache like a mild hangover and bouts of breathlessness. Tested possitive

Mrs b was in bed for almost 2 weeks headache flu like symptoms tiredness and genarally feeling rough. Tested negative.

Mrs b works in education with multiple possitive cases i work in construction safety supply. No cases in any of the sites i visited . And we both did food shopping together ???

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo"

Just a quickie.

The Sydney uni warning is utter bollocks.

Just because other people do or write stuff doesn't mean it's true. Anyone who does their research would know that.

By *onnect4Couple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

We both got Covid in the middle of March before any lockdowns and a scary time as it was a very new illness mainly for my wife, I was a bit lethargic for a week but she was poorly for 6 weeks.

She has recently had the vaccine and follow up shortly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo"

Oh my god, I am guessing you posted this as a joke, please tell me you did.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo

Oh my god, I am guessing you posted this as a joke, please tell me you did. "

In multiple threads as well - like it's going to become any less crap the more it's repeated...

By *ustforfun49Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

I had a headache sore throat and feeling really tired so rang 119 but they said that they was not covid symptoms so would not send me for a test.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I had a headache sore throat and feeling really tired so rang 119 but they said that they was not covid symptoms so would not send me for a test. "

Just getting over what I throught was a bit of flue but reading what others have put think I might have had it but know temperature. But what a headake and dizzy spells. I suffer with synopsis anyway so throught it was that.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo

Oh my god, I am guessing you posted this as a joke, please tell me you did.

In multiple threads as well - like it's going to become any less crap the more it's repeated... "

Great pics though

By *ilkChocManMan  over a year ago

Sanderstead

Not had it... But currently have 2 relatives from the same family in hospital with covid, and another family friend ended up on life support with his family told to expect the worse - lucky he made it and is ok now.

Baffles me how some still think covid is a joke and feel the need to go skiing is far more important.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Sorry OP and we hope you all feel better soon.

We've been extreme shielding since Mar 23rd and not left the house since apart from some urgent clinical treatment, nor had visitors.

All deliveries are put in to a 3 day quarantine area. Perishable foodstuffs are decontaminated at point of delivery before refrigeration.

Suffice to say, we've been thankfully clear of Covid-19 so far.

Hasn't stopped the odd poster asking for "meets", with one couple even begging to come and watch and play with own partner from the other side of the room at a distance ! Geeze ! Um, no thank you !

By *he_virgin_maryWoman  over a year ago

Here, there and everywhere!

Despite the fact I've spent many weeks in hospital during 2020 I have managed to stay safe from covid.

However an appendectomy and it's post surgical complications and then sepsis leading onto hip replacement have meant I've aged by 20 years in the space of a year.

FML!

Aww, lots of different experiences and extremes above; our best wishes to all of you and here's hoping for a better year in 2021

As for us, I think the Joe Wicks fitness video I just did is in more danger of doing me harm than covid is, we appear to have gotten off lightly.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Sorry OP and we hope you all feel better soon.

We've been extreme shielding since Mar 23rd and not left the house since apart from some urgent clinical treatment, nor had visitors.

All deliveries are put in to a 3 day quarantine area. Perishable foodstuffs are decontaminated at point of delivery before refrigeration.

Suffice to say, we've been thankfully clear of Covid-19 so far.

Hasn't stopped the odd poster asking for "meets", with one couple even begging to come and watch and play with own partner from the other side of the room at a distance ! Geeze ! Um, no thank you !"

Wow and I throught my life was bad

Sorry to hear your problems. Wish you all the best.

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

I’m 30 no health complications and thought it wouldn’t touch me! I ended up in hospital on oxygen and pumped full of steroids I was so so poorly! At the beginning I was really worried I wouldn’t see my children again! It has changed my opinion on everything and the amount of death I saw will stay with me forever I had nightmares and sweats for weeks. I’m only just feeling myself again and enjoying my life again! Feel for anyone who gets it xxx

"I’m 30 no health complications and thought it wouldn’t touch me"

That's the problem, it does seem to be an absolute lottery. Unless there are some strains that are 'worse' than others, it's very strange how some people or even households have more extreme reactions than others when there appears to be no influencing factors like a history of health problems.

By *picyrodMan  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Shit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So it seems my entire household now has Covid and we begin our period of isolation.

What a way to see in 2021! "

Sincerely hope you are all lucky enough to get through it quickly and with no major problems x

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

"I’m 30 no health complications and thought it wouldn’t touch me

That's the problem, it does seem to be an absolute lottery. Unless there are some strains that are 'worse' than others, it's very strange how some people or even households have more extreme reactions than others when there appears to be no influencing factors like a history of health problems."

Mine was caught from someone who works with my husband his wife works on a Covid ward but he didn’t tell anyone! I definitely think it’s possible some strains are worse than others x

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Since having had covid my friends husbands feet have swollen badly and are very painful. Dr said it was a side effect from covid but i am not convinced.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Since having had covid my friends husbands feet have swollen badly and are very painful. Dr said it was a side effect from covid but i am not convinced."

My neuropathy has been worse since I had Covid, it's well known to cause vascular changes. So I don't doubt that his foot problem could be Covid related.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

My 2 granddaughters other nan and grandad died boxing day and yesterday 2 days apart from covid! X

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"My 2 granddaughters other nan and grandad died boxing day and yesterday 2 days apart from covid! X"

Heartbreaking.x

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"My 2 granddaughters other nan and grandad died boxing day and yesterday 2 days apart from covid! X

Heartbreaking.x"

One had emphasemia and other health conditions x

» Add a new message to this topic