FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Russia own up to 186000 covid deaths

Russia own up to 186000 covid deaths

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

New figures show that more than 186,000 Russians have died from the virus, up from the 55,265 the country officially reported.

Now who would have thought that eh

https://news.sky.com/story/russia-admits-covid-death-toll-is-three-times-higher-than-reported-12174575

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it a competition ...

Doesnt matter in which country a person dies from Covid they leave family members

By *lansmanMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Is it a competition ...

Doesnt matter in which country a person dies from Covid they leave family members "

It matters to many om here who claim that the UK numbers are highest in the world ..

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

"Is it a competition ...

Doesnt matter in which country a person dies from Covid they leave family members

It matters to many om here who claim that the UK numbers are highest in the world .. "

Nope, at least covid is one thing that we're not quite world beaters at.

There are many ways to measure who has been worst affected - total number dead, total number infected, number dead per million population, percentage excess deaths above average for previous ten years etc etc. As far as I'm aware we're not top of the table in any of these.

However, out of about 180 countries worldwide, we do come consistently between number 7 and number 4 worst affected, depending which of the measurements you use. Which is a bit shit when you think about it...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it a competition ...

It matters to many om here who claim that the UK numbers are highest in the world ..

There are many ways to measure who has been worst affected - total number dead, total number infected, number dead per million population, percentage excess deaths above average for previous ten years etc etc. As far as I'm aware we're not top of the table in any of these.

However, out of about 180 countries worldwide, we do come consistently between number 7 and number 4 worst affected, depending which of the measurements you use. Which is a bit shit when you think about it..."

Its alot shit

One wonders why we are so shit

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Is it a competition ...

However, out of about 180 countries worldwide, we do come consistently between number 7 and number 4 worst affected, depending which of the measurements you use. Which is a bit shit when you think about it...

Its alot shit

One wonders why we are so shit"

I think that's down to a combination of factors, rather than one overarching reason. Some of those factors are a long time in the making and others was just bad timing. There was a lack of preparedness. the response was slow and there was a failure of leadership.

People were unwilling to act, they took pride in finding loopholes in guidelines. There was a sense of 'if I can't see it from my house...'

Then there is the bastards, those malignant stupid gullible bastards that still deny it's real, deny the benefits of steps taken to slow down the transmission and now are resistant to a vaccine. You can't mention the bastards without talking about the fools, those simple minded idiots that unquestioningly regurgitate dangerous false information from social media and clickbait headlines.

If I had to sum it up in a single word, I would say hubris is the reason why we are in this position. Hubris, 'a personality quality of extreme or foolish pride or dangerous overconfidence, often in combination with arrogance'

» Add a new message to this topic