FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Should there be a Tier 5

Should there be a Tier 5

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man  over a year ago

Hastings

Like Tier 4 But also with schools closed.

And how would this effect you and looking after the kids.

Would it help to open for years 6 and 11 as exams are coming up?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I wouldn’t be surprised if something along these lines isn’t already being thought of for T4 in the short term in January. However with the proposed mass testing on return I don’t see it being a long term closure.

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Tier 5...... Boris clearly lacks ambition he should be aiming for a Tier 7....

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It seems that we do need extra restrictions but they should be based on evidence alone. It must be to counter a much more infectious virus now, for a few months, whilst people get the vaccine

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Is it just me who thinks that all this talk of escalating Tiers is just an indication that the entire system if restrictions we are using is fundamentally flawed and ineffective?

New rules and resteictions are introduced, more freedoms are removed yet the number of cases still rises?

It just seems to me that the way children and students were reintroduced to schools/colleges was mishandled and bungled from the start?

On a mooch

"Is it just me who thinks that all this talk of escalating Tiers is just an indication that the entire system if restrictions we are using is fundamentally flawed and ineffective?

New rules and resteictions are introduced, more freedoms are removed yet the number of cases still rises?

It just seems to me that the way children and students were reintroduced to schools/colleges was mishandled and bungled from the start?"

Cases will still rise due to the incubation period. We’ve been tier 4 what 9 days, numbers won’t reduce in that period and quite normal for them to keep rising. It’s not until mid January (at the earliest) we are likely to see if numbers are reducing due to T4 restrictions.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definitely should be a tier 5 and higher.

A tier 10 would be wonderful

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I think the more teirs we have the more confusion there will be.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Definitely should be a tier 5 and higher.

A tier 10 would be wonderful "

This time next year there b tier 2006! What other restrictions do u think they can impose? X

Boris speaks tomorrow so who knows

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

In Hull we’ve been in lockdown and tier 3 for 2 solid months now and the numbers aren’t reducing enough so is it that the rules aren’t enough or enough aren’t following the rules?

Leicestershire

"In Hull we’ve been in lockdown and tier 3 for 2 solid months now and the numbers aren’t reducing enough so is it that the rules aren’t enough or enough aren’t following the rules? "

A bit of both perhaps?

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Like Tier 4 But also with schools closed.

Would it help to open for years 6 and 11 as exams are coming up?"

Regardless of how many Tiers are made - all are useless until a good number of the population realise that it actually applies to them.

By *trongbobMan  over a year ago

rochester

"

Regardless of how many Tiers are made - all are useless until a good number of the population realise that it actually applies to them.

"

Exactly! Tier 4 says 1 person can meet with 1 other person outside, I've just seen a group of 9 people and their 4 dogs ffs

"Is it just me who thinks that all this talk of escalating Tiers is just an indication that the entire system if restrictions we are using is fundamentally flawed and ineffective?

It just seems to me that the way children and students were reintroduced to schools/colleges was mishandled and bungled from the start?

Cases will still rise due to the incubation period. We’ve been tier 4 what 9 days, numbers won’t reduce in that period and quite normal for them to keep rising. It’s not until mid January (at the earliest) we are likely to see if numbers are reducing due to T4 restrictions. "

people also have to actually abide by the rules of the tier for it to work ... i think this is where the flaw lies rather than the restrictions themselves

On a mooch

Cases will still rise due to the incubation period. We’ve been tier 4 what 9 days, numbers won’t reduce in that period and quite normal for them to keep rising. It’s not until mid January (at the earliest) we are likely to see if numbers are reducing due to T4 restrictions.

people also have to actually abide by the rules of the tier for it to work ... i think this is where the flaw lies rather than the restrictions themselves "

Very true

On a mooch

"

Exactly! Tier 4 says 1 person can meet with 1 other person outside, I've just seen a group of 9 people and their 4 dogs ffs"

Unfortunately there will always be those that don’t follow the basics

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

Would it help to open for years 6 and 11 as exams are coming up?

"

Loud round of applause.......

E

By *udeboi85Man  over a year ago

shiney row

The longer people don't follow the rules the longer we gonna be stuck in limbo the tiers system isn't working only thing left to do is another national lockdown but this will cripple the economy

"The longer people don't follow the rules the longer we gonna be stuck in limbo the tiers system isn't working only thing left to do is another national lockdown but this will cripple the economy "

if people don’t follow the tiers (some of which are very close to a lockdown) they wont follow full lockdown either

im not suggesting police are given powers to start knocking doors but i think its very clear to most that this is where all the spreading is being done... its winter, its too cold or wet for the parks, there are no venues open in most places but people will be buggered if they have to give up their normal christmas get togethers

we did mix on christmas day but just 5 of us (one was a 5yr old) , im now at home watching almost my entire social media mixing in groups many of them 12 plus ... christmas, boxing and beyond

i feel small pangs of jealousy but also know if they’ve passed it to an elderly member of their family my feeling for them wouldn’t be further from jealous so have to remind myself one christmas of solitude isnt the end of the world and giving into the fomo isnt worth it

Hastings

"In Hull we’ve been in lockdown and tier 3 for 2 solid months now and the numbers aren’t reducing enough so is it that the rules aren’t enough or enough aren’t following the rules? "

Yep both

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

With so many tears soon country will be flooded

"The longer people don't follow the rules the longer we gonna be stuck in limbo the tiers system isn't working only thing left to do is another national lockdown but this will cripple the economy "

And isn't that just the whole deal.

Even if people actually don't believe a virus exists they are really just fooling themselves into a permanent state of lockdown by behaving the way they do anyway.

Even if they just suspended their non-belief to the proper observation of the rules in their Tier for the period required . . . I'm sure we would all be further down this damn road than we ever could have been.

And when I have a vaccination I won't wait for them to thank me for coming to save them, but I'll know that that is the truth.

By *udeboi85Man  over a year ago

shiney row

"The longer people don't follow the rules the longer we gonna be stuck in limbo the tiers system isn't working only thing left to do is another national lockdown but this will cripple the economy

if people don’t follow the tiers (some of which are very close to a lockdown) they wont follow full lockdown either

im not suggesting police are given powers to start knocking doors but i think its very clear to most that this is where all the spreading is being done... its winter, its too cold or wet for the parks, there are no venues open in most places but people will be buggered if they have to give up their normal christmas get togethers

we did mix on christmas day but just 5 of us (one was a 5yr old) , im now at home watching almost my entire social media mixing in groups many of them 12 plus ... christmas, boxing and beyond

i feel small pangs of jealousy but also know if they’ve passed it to an elderly member of their family my feeling for them wouldn’t be further from jealous so have to remind myself one christmas of solitude isnt the end of the world and giving into the fomo isnt worth it "

totally agree with you there like I haven't seen my mam properly for months now as she's in the vulnerable category and with me working in a factory would h8 to pass it onto her wouldn't be able to live with myself

Hastings

This time next year there b tier 2006! What other restrictions do u think they can impose? X"

As stated Tier 5 would also be schools clossed

By *etitebiguyMan  over a year ago

Molesey, Hampton Court

Absolutely, I think the entire population should be bound and gagged and locked in a cupboard forever....stay safe!

Here is Scotland our tiers are slightly different and with this second wave of the new strain I fear things will get worse and worse.

I do not think adding more tiers is the answer, passing things in law maybe needed.

We are banned from cross border travel in Scotland in law.

Boris needs to stop advising and start making laws to enforce new rules.

I'd like to see a tier 0. Now that would be nice. Something for us all to aim for.

I'd also like to see all the deaths. The bubonic plague killed approx 40% of the European population. This 'virus' has hardly killed anyone in comparison.

I'm fed up of hearing about infection rates. Taking an unreliable test that shows false positives for fruit and animals too, when you have no symptoms is insane.

Surely nobody can be stupid enough to believe that all this nonesense is about a virus that is going to wipe out millions of people. It clearly isn't.

How strange that on paper this year very few people have died of anything other than Covid1984.

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

People are being played. It really is time to wake up. The great reset is upon us. Get used to it.

It ain't going away!

The South

"I'd like to see a tier 0. Now that would be nice. Something for us all to aim for.

I'd also like to see all the deaths. The bubonic plague killed approx 40% of the European population. This 'virus' has hardly killed anyone in comparison.

I'm fed up of hearing about infection rates. Taking an unreliable test that shows false positives for fruit and animals too, when you have no symptoms is insane.

Surely nobody can be stupid enough to believe that all this nonesense is about a virus that is going to wipe out millions of people. It clearly isn't.

How strange that on paper this year very few people have died of anything other than Covid1984.

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

People are being played. It really is time to wake up. The great reset is upon us. Get used to it.

It ain't going away! "

You're so right, it is time to wake up.

But not in the way you mean.

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

E

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Spain had a really tough Lockdown from the start could not go anywhere, Masks inside and outside and guess what they have the virus, Germany praised for there test and trace guess what they have the virus

By *iger-NWMan  over a year ago

Preston

No there should be total lockdown.

Preston

[Removed by poster at 29/12/20 15:48:00]

"Spain had a really tough Lockdown from the start could not go anywhere, Masks inside and outside and guess what they have the virus, Germany praised for there test and trace guess what they have the virus"

that will be because lockdown are designed to slow the spread not remove the disease entirely

even spains “strict” lockdown still allowed planes and freight in, people could exercise outside and go to the supermarket, hospitals were obviously still open, busses still running , police officers still on shift in pairs etc etc

these are all opportunities for close contact which is then opportunities for the virus to keep spreading ... only takes one case in your country to still exist to set it off again

to entirely eradicate it via a lockdown would require everything to stop including key work and people would starve or die at home when they should be in hospital instead ... this is why lockdown was never a solution to remove the virus in full so suggesting the virus still existing after a lockdown is a failure makes no sense

Herne Bay

"Spain had a really tough Lockdown from the start could not go anywhere, Masks inside and outside and guess what they have the virus, Germany praised for there test and trace guess what they have the virus

that will be because lockdown are designed to slow the spread not remove the disease entirely

even spains “strict” lockdown still allowed planes and freight in, people could exercise outside and go to the supermarket, hospitals were obviously still open, busses still running , police officers still on shift in pairs etc etc

these are all opportunities for close contact which is then opportunities for the virus to keep spreading ... only takes one case in your country to still exist to set it off again

to entirely eradicate it via a lockdown would require everything to stop including key work and people would starve or die at home when they should be in hospital instead ... this is why lockdown was never a solution to remove the virus in full so suggesting the virus still existing after a lockdown is a failure makes no sense "

We agree but there seems to be many people that think let’s go for a full lockdown which as you have said is not a full Lockdown then everything will be good which it will not

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"No there should be total lockdown."
and the world stops, the virus has won. Well done,

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Tier 6. Not able to flush your toilet in case you transmit infections at the sewage plant.

On a mooch

"I'd like to see a tier 0. Now that would be nice. Something for us all to aim for.

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

It ain't going away! "

Of the 496,206 deaths that occurred (Jan-Nov) 11.9% were due to the coronavirus, so your statement doesn’t ring true that very few have died of anything else !

ashford

And how exactly would that pan out? X

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Tiers get on my nerves. We moved from tier 2 to 3 and I haven't seen or noticed any difference??

Seems a bit of a waste to time to me. Either locks or don't at least people will get the message then.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

This time next year there b tier 2006! What other restrictions do u think they can impose? X"

No looking out the window allowed

Herne Bay

"No there should be total lockdown.

And how exactly would that pan out? X"

And what is a total Lockdown, no shops open including food ? No essential workers ? You’ll always going to have human contact there is no such thing as total Lockdown it’s a myth

Hastings

"The longer people don't follow the rules the longer we gonna be stuck in limbo the tiers system isn't working only thing left to do is another national lockdown but this will cripple the economy

And isn't that just the whole deal.

Even if people actually don't believe a virus exists they are really just fooling themselves into a permanent state of lockdown by behaving the way they do anyway.

Even if they just suspended their non-belief to the proper observation of the rules in their Tier for the period required . . . I'm sure we would all be further down this damn road than we ever could have been.

And when I have a vaccination I won't wait for them to thank me for coming to save them, but I'll know that that is the truth.

"

ashford

And how exactly would that pan out? X And what is a total Lockdown, no shops open including food ? No essential workers ? You’ll always going to have human contact there is no such thing as total Lockdown it’s a myth "

Exactly! Impossible! X

Hastings

By that do you mean a compleat lockdown no one out of the house etc. Total lockdown will still be exploted as it was last time by the non-believers.

By *heekydevil69Man  over a year ago

Aberporth

What tier system starts with medium

" The great reset is upon us. Get used to it.

"

And what exactly is the 'great reset'? I genuinely interested to hear.

People say about the schools closing but when I go for a run in the park, it’s packed with groups of adults standing around chatting all in close proximity, they can’t all be from the same households as there’s loads of kids playing around them. I’m in tier 4 Im sure this isn’t what’s meant by meeting 1 other person from another household??

Can borris count to 5?

This thing has been a total duck up from day 1 and it's hardly surprising with a bumbling moron I charge.

Think some people wont be happy until we are all bricked up in our houses.

Can't remember who said it but best description I heard a while ago was a 'pandemic of hysteria'.

Hastings

"Tiers get on my nerves. We moved from tier 2 to 3 and I haven't seen or noticed any difference??

Seems a bit of a waste to time to me. Either locks or don't at least people will get the message then. "

Moved from Tier 2 to 4

The hospitals are still overrun, and a Major incident has been called at many as the ambulances are stacked outside. But the tier 4 has not kicked in yet due to the time lag of slowing of infections. But if we the people are not going to help, we might as well close the hospitals and go back to 1348 and let people die.

Herne Bay

By that do you mean a compleat lockdown no one out of the house etc. Total lockdown will still be exploted as it was last time by the non-believers."

No such thing as a Total Lockdown it can’t be done

"

Anything on this? Being patient (well not really) But we never seem to get a proper answer to the conspiracy stuff. Just a throw-away title and no subtext?

Anyone?

"

"

As of today 1.8 million dead from Covid globally - and rising daily.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

It ain't going away! "

Yes people are being played - the people like you. The only great conspiracy is the one being promoted by idiots, for idiots, spouting claptrap that is increasing the spread of covid and prolonging the pandemic.

Tier 8...not looking out of window

Tier 9. Not moving out of bed

Tier 10... no speaking on a phone..

"In Hull we’ve been in lockdown and tier 3 for 2 solid months now and the numbers aren’t reducing enough so is it that the rules aren’t enough or enough aren’t following the rules?

Here is Scotland our tiers are slightly different and with this second wave of the new strain I fear things will get worse and worse.

I do not think adding more tiers is the answer, passing things in law maybe needed.

We are banned from cross border travel in Scotland in law.

Boris needs to stop advising and start making laws to enforce new rules."

You can make as many laws as you want they are worthless if they aren’t enforced, I’ve crossed the 3 main crossings countless times in the last month for work and the one and only time I’ve seen the police was a speed camera van

That “law” is the equivalent of a please keep off the grass sign

Leicestershire

Anything on this? Being patient (well not really) But we never seem to get a proper answer to the conspiracy stuff. Just a throw-away title and no subtext?

Anyone?"

Don't be daft - you're not allowed to know because the lizard king hasn't authorised it...

Preston

By that do you mean a compleat lockdown no one out of the house etc. Total lockdown will still be exploted as it was last time by the non-believers."

Yes, but it would be better than this 'tiers' joke. This is a national emergency, and it's not just the knob government that is to blame, but the idiots who are behaving as if everything is 'normal'

Preston

And how exactly would that pan out? X And what is a total Lockdown, no shops open including food ? No essential workers ? You’ll always going to have human contact there is no such thing as total Lockdown it’s a myth "

Come on, you know that people will still be able to go out to buy food, get medication etc. It's not forever, but this is a national emergency.

Herne Bay

And how exactly would that pan out? X And what is a total Lockdown, no shops open including food ? No essential workers ? You’ll always going to have human contact there is no such thing as total Lockdown it’s a myth Come on, you know that people will still be able to go out to buy food, get medication etc. It's not forever, but this is a national emergency."

Then it’s not a Total lockdown

Hastings

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

It ain't going away! "

I get its not going away but do you think it dose not exist as the too things are so quite different.

Or do you live on Mars it might not have got there yet.

By *ondonman1969Man  over a year ago

Romford

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

It ain't going away! "

The South

"Spain had a really tough Lockdown from the start could not go anywhere, Masks inside and outside and guess what they have the virus, Germany praised for there test and trace guess what they have the virus"

All this time, all this information and you still don't understand the purpose of masks, social distancing and lockdowns.

Baffling.

E

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 29/12/20 18:06:02]

NW London

By that do you mean a compleat lockdown no one out of the house etc. Total lockdown will still be exploted as it was last time by the non-believers. Yes, but it would be better than this 'tiers' joke. This is a national emergency, and it's not just the knob government that is to blame, but the idiots who are behaving as if everything is 'normal'"

Except that the overwhelming majority are complying with the rules and that the exceptions to this do not constitute a large enough number to be responsible for the reported rise in cases.

Still it's always been useful for government and media to be able to shift the blame onto the general public.

Stalin had his "Wreckers" now we have "Covidiots"

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

The way things are going, you could have a Tier 50, and there will still be those who will take no notice and do as they damn well please...

....just look at today's news - Wales is in lockdown, with no-one supposed to travel there, yet people from English Tier 4 areas who also aren't supposed to travel have been found in the Brecon Beacons...

....and look at the 'free now' and 'meet now' status updates on various profiles here on Fab - from English Tier 4, Scotland and Wales, yet still clearly seeking meets...

https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo Here you go. X

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Our town in GM went into "enhanced measures" on 7th August (about 5mins after the national lockdown finished) and then they invented extra measures still further at the start of September (no hospitality of any kind, period. They amended to takeaways until 10pm after an outcry). So, since 7th August, we've been in some sort of lockdown of sorts and guess what? We're still too high for tier 2 (as decided just before Christmas). Before the last national lockdown in November, there was no extra support for businesses and between August and late October, you couldn't newly furlough anyone who hadn't been furloughed before 30th June. They changed that when they extended the furlough scheme at the 11th hour. No backdated help for our hospitality businesses though.

I went into town today for the first time since God-know's-when, to go to the bank. Jesu above, it's a ghost town. Every second unit boarded up, "to let/for sale" signs all over the place. It looks like a disaster zone. Our town won't recover for years and years.

I wish things could be different.

"

It's nothing, it doesn't exist.

You just stick to your mainstream media and your Tory government, they would never lie to you.

https://youtu.be/ugRnjpXEwTo

North West

"In Hull we’ve been in lockdown and tier 3 for 2 solid months now and the numbers aren’t reducing enough so is it that the rules aren’t enough or enough aren’t following the rules?

Our town in GM went into "enhanced measures" on 7th August (about 5mins after the national lockdown finished) and then they invented extra measures still further at the start of September (no hospitality of any kind, period. They amended to takeaways until 10pm after an outcry). So, since 7th August, we've been in some sort of lockdown of sorts and guess what? We're still too high for tier 2 (as decided just before Christmas). Before the last national lockdown in November, there was no extra support for businesses and between August and late October, you couldn't newly furlough anyone who hadn't been furloughed before 30th June. They changed that when they extended the furlough scheme at the 11th hour. No backdated help for our hospitality businesses though.

I went into town today for the first time since God-know's-when, to go to the bank. Jesu above, it's a ghost town. Every second unit boarded up, "to let/for sale" signs all over the place. It looks like a disaster zone. Our town won't recover for years and years.

I wish things could be different."

Apologies, we went into enhanced measures on 30th July. All the days rolled into one

As stated already it’s all to do with people sticking to the rules which many aren’t, the untouchables! Ruining a quicker return to normal, through pure selfishness ! None of us like the situation but unless we adhere it’s never going to change

By *ustonce1Man  over a year ago

Leicester

close the lot down

only places too be open are supermarkets

and control them properly for 6 weeks

you can more or less EVERYTHING for day too day living

THE ONLY WAY

ashford

"close the lot down

THE ONLY WAY "

Yeah right! U a comedian ! x

NW London

"close the lot down

THE ONLY WAY "

Even though numerous places (including gyms and restaurants) have been constantly proven to be extremely safe and responsible for negliable instances of transmission?

Maybe a better way would be put some thought and creativity into control measures instead of relying on this damaging, ham fisted, blunt approach

By *ulaMan  over a year ago

Hitchin

If people had listened from the start and kept away from each other, rather than protest about something in the USA we had no control over BLM that has now died down we would not be where we are, as they say common sense is not very common, you reap what you sow.

ashford

"If people had listened from the start and kept away from each other, rather than protest about something in the USA we had no control over BLM that has now died down we would not be where we are, as they say common sense is not very common, you reap what you sow. "

Ridiculous! U dont know that! X

By *chilles and RavenCouple  over a year ago

Guernsey

We do not understand how you all have not got your shit together.

We have no social distancing

No masks

No tiers

Had a normal summer and a normal Christmas.

So did the Isle of Mann!

We went into lockdown properly closed the borders properly in March, only travel was medical emergencies and we were out of lockdown by the May. We were strict on the fines for breaching Covid rules. One of the fines was £15,000 or a year in prison for breach of the rules, they only breached the rules 3 times. We have not messed about and pansy footed everything, we were strict and have got the reap the rewards.

We had no cases for months until we opened the borders when we did you had to isolated for 14 days and have a negative covid test at the end of it. They check up on you in numerous ways.

Our sister island Jersey, went the same way as the UK. They had over 1000 cases just before Christmas. That is 1 in 100 of their population with it and over 1in 30 were isolating due to contact tracing.

Whats a tier?

North West

"We do not understand how you all have not got your shit together.

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

We went into lockdown properly closed the borders properly in March, only travel was medical emergencies and we were out of lockdown by the May. We were strict on the fines for breaching Covid rules. One of the fines was £15,000 or a year in prison for breach of the rules, they only breached the rules 3 times. We have not messed about and pansy footed everything, we were strict and have got the reap the rewards.

We had no cases for months until we opened the borders when we did you had to isolated for 14 days and have a negative covid test at the end of it. They check up on you in numerous ways.

Our sister island Jersey, went the same way as the UK. They had over 1000 cases just before Christmas. That is 1 in 100 of their population with it and over 1in 30 were isolating due to contact tracing.

Whats a tier?

"

Guernsey is 25 sq miles

The town I live in covers nearly 54 sq miles.

The total population of Guernsey is about 62,000. This town is nearly 288,000.

The population density here is 4,860 per sq mile, vs about 2,500 per sq mile in Guernsey.

There's about a thousand or more ways to get in/out of this town by bus, car, train, bicycle, wheelchair, on foot. There's no defined border so absolutely no way of controlling people coming in/out. By contrast, there are only a handful of ways to get on/off Guernsey and so entry and exit can be more easily controlled (ditto the IoM).

This is just one town of 288,000 in a country of 56 million (England on it's own).

Can you see why it might be harder to control entry and exit throughout England (and Wales and Scotland too)?

Herne Bay

"If people had listened from the start and kept away from each other, rather than protest about something in the USA we had no control over BLM that has now died down we would not be where we are, as they say common sense is not very common, you reap what you sow.

Ridiculous! U dont know that! X"

you have zero proof it would be any different, in fact would hazard a guess and say it would be the same

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Would it help to open for years 6 and 11 as exams are coming up?"

Nobody really knows what tier 5 is or might be so pointless discussion

I do however think we should have a proper full lockdown nationally and no intenational travel for January.

Guernsey

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

Guernsey is 25 sq miles

The population density here is 4,860 per sq mile, vs about 2,500 per sq mile in Guernsey.

There's about a thousand or more ways to get in/out of this town by bus, car, train, bicycle, wheelchair, on foot. There's no defined border so absolutely no way of controlling people coming in/out. By contrast, there are only a handful of ways to get on/off Guernsey and so entry and exit can be more easily controlled (ditto the IoM).

This is just one town of 288,000 in a country of 56 million (England on it's own).

Can you see why it might be harder to control entry and exit throughout England (and Wales and Scotland too)?"

If the United Kingdom acted as a United Kingdom, you would not be in such a mess you are at the end of the day a larger island...

But go enjoy whining about lockdown we will enjoy our freedom

North West

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

Guernsey is 25 sq miles

Can you see why it might be harder to control entry and exit throughout England (and Wales and Scotland too)?

If the United Kingdom acted as a United Kingdom, you would not be in such a mess you are at the end of the day a larger island...

But go enjoy whining about lockdown we will enjoy our freedom "

The United Kingdom hasn't been united for a long time. Having devolved (therefore different) healthcare policies means there's nothing united about it at all. Westminster passed laws applying to England, but Wales, Scotland and NI are not included. Every single devolved nation did its own thing. That's been the same for a while now (recall the arguing about free prescriptions in Wales only?)

Unless every single town had some sort of border erected and manned, they were never going to stop movement around the country. And there's nowhere near enough security personnel to do such a thing, when there's a squillon little towns and villages scattered around and about.

The fact is, it's much easier to track and trace and keep tabs on a small population in a small, isolated geographic area.

How many high rise flats do you have over there? How many cramped terraced houses where 3 or 4 generations of 1 family share two rooms downstairs and two or three upstairs bedrooms?

The evidence is already very clear that over crowded housing and poverty are strongly associated with the increased risk of getting Covid.

Congratulations on Guernsey being a wonderful tier-free zone. Enjoy.

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

Guernsey is 25 sq miles

But go enjoy whining about lockdown we will enjoy our freedom "

Lol enjoy ....your population is smaller than the town I live in and we have 2 train stations into London where most people work, shop and socialise no chance controlling it here

By *anda and CatCouple  over a year ago

It was a given we're going national level 4 in new year regardless, anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded, level 5 in some places? Maybe soon after.

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

I don’t want to piss on everyone’s cornflakes but tiers, lockdowns, firebreaks, etc (whatever you want call them) don’t work !

This virus thrives on human contact, in fact the mutation has more likely originated because of a lockdown.

Unless you lock everyone down in the world for a year in their homes and have food delivered by people in full PPE then this virus cannot be stopped by lockdowns alone !

The only way we cannot deal with this virus is with vaccines.

The way the virus is being transmitted we could have 18 million that have will have contracted the virus in the year to next March, surely we won’t be far off herd immunity at this rate ?

My personal view is we should have let this virus gone through the country during the summer when it was easier to fight than trying to fight it during the winter flu season, that’s just my opinion not a medical one !

You just stick to your mainstream media and your Tory government, they would never lie to you."

Isn't that just another way of saying you actually don't know what it is?

You just stick to your mainstream media and your Tory government, they would never lie to you.

Isn't that just another way of saying you actually don't know what it is? "

I would say do a search on the countless great reset threads on here but they've all been deleted for fear of people waking up.

If you are actually genuinely interested in the subject then there's hundreds of youtube videos.

Also including many vids from the actual perpetrators, the world economic forum, before you claim it's all tin hatted nutters vids.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Isn't that just another way of saying you actually don't know what it is?

I would say do a search on the countless great reset threads on here but they've all been deleted for fear of people waking up.

If you are actually genuinely interested in the subject then there's hundreds of youtube videos.

Also including many vids from the actual perpetrators, the world economic forum, before you claim it's all tin hatted nutters vids."

I know in my heart that someday you're going to surprise me. Someday, I just know it.

I really already know what it is . ..

But it just replaces one financially able elite with the one we already have.

How anyone can wish or vote for this is either stupid to understanding it or is actually one of the financially elite.

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"Tier 8...not looking out of window

"

Then Jumanji level

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Then Jumanji level

"

Can i play Zathura instead?

Then Jumanji level

Can i play Zathura instead?"

Tier nine would work for me

Hastings

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

"

So we could all come to yours can i book a room sorry 33,000,000 rooms we will be with you on the 1st get the tests ready can you do them all at once.

Leicestershire

"

"

So the owners of Fab are in on the great cover up as well..?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Distrust the government.

Avoid mass media.

Fight the lies.

It ain't going away! "

Somebody was played. If you stick with learning from reputable scientific research evidence, you'll grasp more of the reality, rather than borderline conspiracy theory.

The great scientific advances this year are now saving thousands of lives that would have been lost at the start of this, including cheap repurposed treatments.

The restrictions and tiers seem easily just the stick, with no carrot, to reward and motivate. Very large areas restricted to the same level, when some parts make major improvements. It demotivates. They need to use behavioural exports more.

The problem now is the new variant. We must learn and impose measures quickly that are right for it.

Perhaps it means greater distances. Or shopping with just 1 person from a household maximum, as more than that, if several are infected, will release a much bigger amount of the virus, making it easier for others to get infected. There are probably several things we should adjust

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

The problem with that is it makes the national exams unfair as some schools will be shut and some open.

A blanket closure would be better.

Hastings

"The problem with that is it makes the national exams unfair as some schools will be shut and some open.

A blanket closure would be better. "

Thank you for that

Not one person has yet said it. Or that if schools close they would struggle with chilled care so I guess that's not a problem. But yes there would be disadvantaged children.

On a mooch

"The problem with that is it makes the national exams unfair as some schools will be shut and some open.

Thank you for that

Not one person has yet said it. Or that if schools close they would struggle with chilled care so I guess that's not a problem. But yes there would be disadvantaged children."

I think you’ll find childcare won’t get mentioned as individuals just get jumped on. Some people forget if the kids aren’t in school some people can’t go to work.

Agree with the exam situation, online learning is definitely not the same as face to face preparation. Feel for the kids going through it again this year.

Hastings

Thank you for that

Not one person has yet said it. Or that if schools close they would struggle with chilled care so I guess that's not a problem. But yes there would be disadvantaged children.

I think you’ll find childcare won’t get mentioned as individuals just get jumped on. Some people forget if the kids aren’t in school some people can’t go to work.

Agree with the exam situation, online learning is definitely not the same as face to face preparation. Feel for the kids going through it again this year. "

Not done much on line learning it's got to be hard. That's why I said years 6 and 11 as exams are coming up. Year 11 in one school must be better then 5 years.

The South

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

"

You're comparing Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man to the UK?

I'm guessing you've never been off the island.

I think the block of flats M lives in is bigger than Guernsey.

Thanks, you've really bought a smile to my lips.

E

The South

"

So the owners of Fab are in on the great cover up as well..? "

E

By *indy1971TV/TS  over a year ago

Brynmawr

Doesn’t matter what tier levels are , there will still be large amounts of people breaking the rules

Pen-y-Fan this weekend again had loads from tier 4 areas of England thinking it was alright for them to travel there

Police should now be issuing fines to these people instead of just turning them away

The South

"Doesn’t matter what tier levels are , there will still be large amounts of people breaking the rules

Pen-y-Fan this weekend again had loads from tier 4 areas of England thinking it was alright for them to travel there

Police should now be issuing fines to these people instead of just turning them away "

E

Hastings

"Doesn’t matter what tier levels are , there will still be large amounts of people breaking the rules

Police should now be issuing fines to these people instead of just turning them away "

Fines are a good deterrent but if you don't fine it dose not work.

You have to implement it for it to work. Buy now we could have ANPR cameras on most manger roads on the county boarders. Then police are free to target small roads.

I guess this is people with second homes.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

There were also hundreds of Welsh people who were not local there.

The instruction from their First Minister, Mark Drakefotd, was quite specific. Any travel must be essential (work, medical, education) and exercise must start and finish at home. That means not getting into your car and driving miles for a walk.

Brynmawr

Police should now be issuing fines to these people instead of just turning them away

There were also hundreds of Welsh people who were not local there.

The instruction from their First Minister, Mark Drakefotd, was quite specific. Any travel must be essential (work, medical, education) and exercise must start and finish at home. That means not getting into your car and driving miles for a walk. "

Brynmawr

Fines are a good deterrent but if you don't fine it dose not work.

You have to implement it for it to work. Buy now we could have ANPR cameras on most manger roads on the county boarders. Then police are free to target small roads.

I guess this is people with second homes."

In one instance there was a minibus load from Cheltenham

They should all have been fined with a massive fine imposed on the minibus firm too

Guernsey

No masks

No tiers

So did the Isle of Mann!

Whats a tier?

You're comparing Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man to the UK?

I'm guessing you've never been off the island.

I think the block of flats M lives in is bigger than Guernsey.

Thanks, you've really bought a smile to my lips.

E"

Ohh no we have never left the island once in our lives.... are you for fucking real

» Add a new message to this topic