FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Extending the time between vaccines.

Extending the time between vaccines.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atnip make me purr OP   Woman  over a year ago

Reading

I wondered if people think this a good or terrible idea.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Based on what was said today, then I’d say yes.... vaccinate more quicker, give the base protection and then top up when next batch is ready. This should hopefully relieve some of the pressure the nhs are dealing with and hopefully reduce the number of deaths and serious infections.

Scientist words today:-

“A first dose of the jab gives around 70% effectiveness from three weeks after immunisation.

However, he said it was 80% effective when there was a three-month interval between the first and second doses”

So base measures still needed, masks, SD etc to protect yourself and others. You won’t know if it’s been effective until you catch the virus, but it’s a step in the right direction.

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

It may seem logical to do that and spread the time between doses to vaccinate more folk more quickly.

The Oxford / Astra Zenica vaccine is the one to do that as the makers already are saying some degree of immunity is created from and single dose but you still need 2 for maximum chance of immunity. Plus its only costing £3 a dose.

However Pfizer have said there are no guarantees their jab will work properly or even at all if the doses are given 12 weeks apart (as the news claims the Govt is considering). At $37 (approx £27) a dose it could be an expensive mistake if it means it doesn't work).

By *aralewisCouple  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

What i heard todsy they not even sure if it going work

They dont even answer bloody questions

One guy asked everyone a good question and all they did was not answer

Reading

"What i heard todsy they not even sure if it going work

They dont even answer bloody questions

One guy asked everyone a good question and all they did was not answer"

Yes it's crazy but they are some very informed fabbites who make a lot of sense and can be fact checked.

By *angibleMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

"... However Pfizer have said there are no guarantees their jab will work properly or even at all if the doses are given 12 weeks apart (as the news claims the Govt is considering). At $37 (approx £27) a dose it could be an expensive mistake if it means it doesn't work)."

As I understand it Pfizer rigorously kept to a 3 week schedule (which would have been chosen based on previous 2 dose vaccine strategies) and they simply don't have any data on any other time interval so can't make any promises. However there's little reason to believe that a 12 week interval would make a big difference to its effectiveness. Indeed I believe that some well informed people are pushing for a single dose strategy at the moment as it is thought the first dose gives the bulk of immunity so giving 2 people 1 dose each is more efficient than 1 person 2 doses.

"... They dont even answer bloody questions "

"One guy asked everyone a good question and all they did was not answer

"

Politicians are trained not to answer questions incase it causes problems or sets policy and scientists are trained to give the correct answer which is usually complicated and covered with caveats, and that's when they have an answer.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It is not perfect but understand the logic behind it

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

As I pointed out on a thread of a similar nature.....

Tony Blair said this and was vilified for it (give everyone one dose BEFORE the second, to give some form of protection).

Reading

"As I pointed out on a thread of a similar nature.....

Tony Blair said this and was vilified for it (give everyone one dose BEFORE the second, to give some form of protection)."

I did do a search before i posted.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I appreciate the idea but think that we should only follow the evidence. I wouldn't vote against it but have reservations about unintended consequences

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

As the notion has come through SAGE - I'm for it.

The second jab is a bolster to the first. If you have the first jab it isn't compromised by not having the second one.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The Cambridge (AstraZeneca) vaccine will likely replace the Pfizer version fairly quickly and they say that the second dose should be at least 3 weeks and no more than 12 weeks... this fits with the proposed three month timeliness reasonably well.

Cal

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The problem is the Pfizer vaccine is hard to store must be delivered after three weeks of first use so fo mass vaccination of millions is impracticle.

Also expensive.

Astro is easy to store,transport and more flexibility on second dose.

Also cheaper and manufactured in the UK it is a no brainer even for Hancock

» Add a new message to this topic