FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > When are the Senior Members of The Government going to play bu the rules

When are the Senior Members of The Government going to play bu the rules

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exleyboy OP   Man  over a year ago

Erith

Yet again we are now hearing of a certain leading tory breaking the governments rules!!

Its excuse was he wanted to attend a church service in Latin. This meant crossing the tier borders ie moving from one tier into another tier group.

The powers to be wonder why elements of the general public and hell bent on breaking the rules when they are reading/seeing these people getting away with it!

Boris needs to tell his mates and father the law applies to them and not us the public

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

[Removed by poster at 06/01/21 11:43:13]

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And they expect the rest of the country to follow their rules . No wonder millions of people have given up now and do what they want .

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

This is allowed but it odd that you only pick on Tories labour and SNP and liberal MP's have broken rukes in a far worse way.

I guess to a lefty thats ok.

Let he who hath no sin cast the first stone

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"This is allowed but it odd that you only pick on Tories labour and SNP and liberal MP's have broken rukes in a far worse way.

Let he who hath no sin cast the first stone"

It does make me chuckle when an anti xyz party soul posts something like this, conveniently ignoring the party they support does exactly the same thing, or worse.

It's frankly silly.

E

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"This is allowed but it odd that you only pick on Tories labour and SNP and liberal MP's have broken rukes in a far worse way.

Its was on the bbc website yesterday, and pretty much every uk news outlet, about the SNP mp who is being charged. I think there has been a pretty fair mix of political news breakers. I think people think it is worse when people who make the rules break them, such as cabinet members or dominic cummings. I don't people are as bothered by rank and file mps even tory ones.

I guess the point is that Tories are breaking their own rules, all the others are not (although you could argue that they are as most of them slavishly voted them through with the Tories rather than acting as an effective opposition and proposing something better and refusing to vote for such obviously mis-guided policy that is clearly not in the nation's best interest!). Of course it should be remembered that following the 'rules' as posted on Gov.uk etc. is down to one's own conscience and nobody is legally bound to follow that because it is only advice. The only thing that we (and they) MUST comply with is the law, which has often been significantly different to the advice.

By *ocbigMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I don’t see this as a political post, merely comment on the latest abuse of privilege which happens to be a Tory.

Grantham

Whilst only a small technical breach, it was still wrong of Jacob Rees Mogg.

Its now the duty of everyone, Goverment Ministers included, to tighten up on the rules.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"Whilst only a small technical breach, it was still wrong of Jacob Rees Mogg.

Its now the duty of everyone, Goverment Ministers included, to tighten up on the rules. "

To attend a latin mass, is that right?

By *ames_LondonMan  over a year ago

Deal

Why do people think Boris’s Dad has to do what Boris wants him to do? Boris is a shambles but if his Dad wants to ignore restrictions and/or get a French passport there is nothing Boris can do about it.

Birmingham

Its now the duty of everyone, Goverment Ministers included, to tighten up on the rules.

To attend a latin mass, is that right?"

Very Christian

The South

Very Christian"

Clearly written on the .gov Tier guideance pages:

"Communal worship and life events - You can leave home to attend or visit a place of worship for communal worship, a funeral or event related to a death, a burial ground or a remembrance garden, or to attend a wedding ceremony"

Another "non story" story. 

E

Birmingham

Very Christian

"Communal worship and life events - You can leave home to attend or visit a place of worship for communal worship, a funeral or event related to a death, a burial ground or a remembrance garden, or to attend a wedding ceremony"

E"

But isn’t crossing into other areas forbidden? Sounds a bit Barnard Castle eye test to me.

Grantham

To attend a latin mass, is that right?"

Yes, in Glastonbury but one of the very few places that still do this.

Only 15 miles from his house but over a Tier border.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Very Christian

E

But isn’t crossing into other areas forbidden? Sounds a bit Barnard Castle eye test to me."

Funny

Certain people were all over nicola sturgeon taking a mask off for a second stab funeral but this is ok.

Presumably he only broke the rules in a minor way.

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Bolton

Very Christian

E

But isn’t crossing into other areas forbidden? Sounds a bit Barnard Castle eye test to me.

Funny

Certain people were all over nicola sturgeon taking a mask off for a second stab funeral but this is ok.

Presumably he only broke the rules in a minor way."

Please read the post above..

Derry

Very Christian

E"

I disagree. First, the obligation to attend mass has been suspended by the bishops. So he's not obliged as a practising catholic to even attend mass.

Second, other than it being JRM's personal preference, there is no spiritual obligation to attend a latin mass. Many thousands of people have stopped attending the gym on the grounds of public health.

This is Cummings part 2, one rule for them and another for the great unwashed. It's the actions of the people at the top that are often used as justification by those who flout the guidelines.

The South

Very Christian

E

I disagree. First, the obligation to attend mass has been suspended by the bishops. So he's not obliged as a practising catholic to even attend mass.

Second, other than it being JRM's personal preference, there is no spiritual obligation to attend a latin mass. Many thousands of people have stopped attending the gym on the grounds of public health.

This is Cummings part 2, one rule for them and another for the great unwashed. It's the actions of the people at the top that are often used as justification by those who flout the guidelines."

You're welcome to disagree.

Because a person isn't obliged to attend a service doesn't mean they don't have to follow their faith and attend church.

Political and religious intolerance rolled into one. Well done.

The Tier guidelines are clear.

E

Grantham

It does raise an important question.

If you live in a village on the edge of a Tier 4 area, and the nearest supermarket/pharmacy is a mile over the border in Tier 3 compared to 20 miles in your Tier 4, which one would you choose?

Technically, you should make the 49 mile round trip and stop in your Tier 4 area but would you?

Derry

Very Christian

E

This is Cummings part 2, one rule for them and another for the great unwashed. It's the actions of the people at the top that are often used as justification by those who flout the guidelines.

Because a person isn't obliged to attend a service doesn't mean they don't have to follow their faith and attend church.

E"

Had JRM attended a mass in English in his own parish, it would be a non issue.

Birmingham

Very Christian

E

E"

Harsh, but you are correct guidelines are clear & clearly broken.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Very Christian

E

This is Cummings part 2, one rule for them and another for the great unwashed. It's the actions of the people at the top that are often used as justification by those who flout the guidelines."

The greatest standards of behaviour are rightly expected of government politicians, as they are held as models of appropriate citizens, in part because they create the laws that we are governed by.

He chose to break the rule that is very clear to all, to not cross into another tier. It would have been as wrong if he'd done it to shop at a different supermarket brand, from his local supermarket, or to participate in anything of his choosing. He should resign.

Do as I say not what I do

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

Very Christian

E

But isn’t crossing into other areas forbidden? Sounds a bit Barnard Castle eye test to me."

There are no areas, it's a National lockdown

The South

Very Christian

E

The greatest standards of behaviour are rightly expected of government politicians, as they are held as models of appropriate citizens, in part because they create the laws that we are governed by.

He chose to break the rule that is very clear to all, to not cross into another tier. It would have been as wrong if he'd done it to shop at a different supermarket brand, from his local supermarket, or to participate in anything of his choosing. He should resign. "

You're right.

This should therefore apply to all MPs of all parties who breach the guidelines.

When I see people castigating all of them will be the day I win the lottery.

I love it when people decry a member of xyz party and someone points out that a member of abc has done the same, you're immediately accused of whataboutery, like pointing out the hypocrisy somehow makes one right and one wrong.

E

liverpool

When Cummings had his little trip,The gmnt tied itself in knots,trying to defend him and he was even given his own bizarre press conference.

Since then ,every time someone has broken the rules ,it has resulted in endless amounts of what abouttery.

If they had dealt with him then,none of this would have happened.

They have only themselves to blame.

The South

"When Cummings had his little trip,The gmnt tied itself in knots,trying to defend him and he was even given his own bizarre press conference.

Since then ,every time someone has broken the rules ,it has resulted in endless amounts of what abouttery.

They have only themselves to blame."

Are you saying that if DC had been punished in some way shape or form, none of the politicians from other party's would have don't similar, and the droves of people from the general public would have done either?

Because if you are, I'd say that's extremely naive.....

E

liverpool

"When Cummings had his little trip,The gmnt tied itself in knots,trying to defend him and he was even given his own bizarre press conference.

Are you saying that if DC had been punished in some way shape or form, none of the politicians from other party's would have don't similar, and the droves of people from the general public would have done either?

E "

No I'm not saying that.

I'm saying if Cummings would have been punished,then subsequently no one would have grounds to say..well Cummings got away with it.

Bolton

Very Christian

E

There are no areas, it's a National lockdown"

Well said.. Tiers aren't applicable as we're all in the national lockdown

The South

E

No I'm not saying that.

I'm saying if Cummings would have been punished,then subsequently no one would have grounds to say..well Cummings got away with it."

I'll finish the sentence;

"well Cummings got away with it.......so can i" and off they go.

Punishing DC would have had no effect on the stupidity that followed.

Politicos, general public, they're all equally responsible.

The sooner people wake up to the fact that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and stopped trying to score political points and do the right damn thing, the sooner we'll all be in a better place.

When you point one finger away, you point three back.

E

The UK Government must be held accountable for their handling of the covid pandemic.

Its been nothing but shambolic

liverpool

E

No I'm not saying that.

I'm saying if Cummings would have been punished,then subsequently no one would have grounds to say..well Cummings got away with it.

The sooner people wake up to the fact that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and stopped trying to score political points and do the right damn thing, the sooner we'll all be in a better place.

E

"

Of course everyone is responsible but if 1 person gets away with it,then logic dictates others will use the same argument.

I'll say it again,they have only themselves to blame.

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

"

The thing is that cummings incident caused the biggest loss in confidence of the governments grip on the virus.

It wont ever disappear as it will be marked in history for that reason.

I agree that in the middle of this we need to let it go for the greater target of trying to halt this.

But if and when we get out of this...I think it's a little naive to think this will not be revisited in the future.

The South

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

Of course everyone is responsible but if 1 person gets away with it,then logic dictates others will use the same argument.

I'll say it again,they have only themselves to blame."

I've read the instructions on my gas oven, it's says don't stick my head in it, but sod it, I want to so I'm going to.

Cue everyone else doing the same.

I think that's the basis for the DC defence.

I'll say it again, we are all responsible, politicians, public, all of us.

E

liverpool

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

I've read the instructions on my gas oven, it's says don't stick my head in it, but sod it, I want to so I'm going to.

E"

See the bit where I said everyone is responsible?

You seem to be deliberately missing the point.

The gmnt bent over backwards to accommodate someone who had broken the rules,because they employed him.

Any subsequent condemnations by them are therefore completely invalidated,as they have no moral authority.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

If it was a you except Jacob Rees Mogg who wanted to attend a Latin Mass, you think they would be lying.

But you know it's him telling the truth.

Bolton

"The UK Government must be held accountable for their handling of the covid pandemic.

Its been nothing but shambolic "

And what would you have done. Bear in mind that not to say anything that hindsight gives you

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"And they expect the rest of the country to follow their rules . No wonder millions of people have given up now and do what they want . "

exactly, one rule for us one rule for them

Bolton

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

E

The gmnt bent over backwards to accommodate someone who had broken the rules,because they employed him.

Any subsequent condemnations by them are therefore completely invalidated,as they have no moral authority.

"

Plus DC is obviously responsible for the subsequent waves and the new variant.

liverpool

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

E

"

Right.. who has said that again?

Bolton

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

E

Right.. who has said that again?"

Lots want to blame everything on certain individuals. On this thread they want to blame DC..

Move on

liverpool

E

No I'm not saying that.

E

E

Right.. who has said that again?

Lots want to blame everything on certain individuals. On this thread they want to blame DC..

Move on"

Right..so no one actually said that?

"The UK Government must be held accountable for their handling of the covid pandemic.

Totally agree but it will never happen . It will be everybody else's fault but theirs . They have started playing the blame game already

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

There have been some big cock ups, that’s what happens whatever the government.

Let’s just be glad the otherside didn’t win the election! The mess Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott would have created would make this governments handling look flawless!

liverpool

Let’s just be glad the otherside didn’t win the election! The mess Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott would have created would make this governments handling look flawless!"

Would they have siphoned off £11b?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Let’s just be glad the otherside didn’t win the election! The mess Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott would have created would make this governments handling look flawless!"

Lol

liverpool

Let’s just be glad the otherside didn’t win the election! The mess Corbyn, McDonald and Abbott would have created would make this governments handling look flawless!

Lol"

Its comical.

Is that based on Corbyns,McDonald’s and Abotts time in government.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

What do you think they would have got wrong? Locked down too late, waited a year to close the airports, sent untested patients back to care homes, opened and closed schools at random, told everyone to go out and have fun before it was under control? Any of those, or do you think they would have killed 100,000 with different policies? Obviously as a socialist Corbyn would have siphoned off billions for charity rather than his mates.

Birmingham

What do you think they would have got wrong? Locked down too late, waited a year to close the airports, sent untested patients back to care homes, opened and closed schools at random, told everyone to go out and have fun before it was under control? Any of those, or do you think they would have killed 100,000 with different policies? Obviously as a socialist Corbyn would have siphoned off billions for charity rather than his mates. "

Zero sum pointless argument, what if....Timmy Mallet was in charge? Or Sooty & Sweep? They were not, are not & we cannot know what may have happened we only know what has.

By *rofessorMarcusMan  over a year ago

Chorley

It was another bad day on the set Rainbow, Bungle Boris had just heard that Rod, Jane and Freddy the programs thrash metal group were feeling under the weather.

But who is this coming into the room? It was Zippy Gove, "Oh Bungle, he said sadly we've really buggered things up this time."

"WHY?" shouted Bungle

"Its this Covid, the public think we're a bunch of Muppets and couldn't find our own arses let alone protect the country" Zippy Gove sneered

"WELL! was it not Pythagoras that said Ip so Dipso Protesti Tenax?" Bungle Boris shouted.

"What we need is some that will make it go away and retain our voting base"

Zippy Gove thought, MMmmm you mean those red faced men that shout alot" "Thats it, I've got it, It always works." Shouted Bungle Boris.

If only we had Cilla Black,Buckinghamshire's favourite scouser after Tarby.

And so the two friends shouted,

"GET BREXIT DONE!" and Rod, Jane and Freddy died three of 100,000

liverpool

"It was another bad day on the set Rainbow, Bungle Boris had just heard that Rod, Jane and Freddy the programs thrash metal group were feeling under the weather.

But who is this coming into the room? It was Zippy Gove, "Oh Bungle, he said sadly we've really buggered things up this time."

"WHY?" shouted Bungle

"Its this Covid, the public think we're a bunch of Muppets and couldn't find our own arses let alone protect the country" Zippy Gove sneered

"WELL! was it not Pythagoras that said Ip so Dipso Protesti Tenax?" Bungle Boris shouted.

"What we need is some that will make it go away and retain our voting base"

Zippy Gove thought, MMmmm you mean those red faced men that shout alot" "Thats it, I've got it, It always works." Shouted Bungle Boris.

If only we had Cilla Black,Buckinghamshire's favourite scouser after Tarby.

And so the two friends shouted,

"GET BREXIT DONE!" and Rod, Jane and Freddy died three of 100,000"

Lols

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"Why do people think Boris’s Dad has to do what Boris wants him to do? Boris is a shambles but if his Dad wants to ignore restrictions and/or get a French passport there is nothing Boris can do about it. "

He could fine him ten thousand pounds. That may make him sit up and pay attention.

North Yorkshire

What do you think they would have got wrong? Locked down too late, waited a year to close the airports, sent untested patients back to care homes, opened and closed schools at random, told everyone to go out and have fun before it was under control? Any of those, or do you think they would have killed 100,000 with different policies? Obviously as a socialist Corbyn would have siphoned off billions for charity rather than his mates.

Zero sum pointless argument, what if....Timmy Mallet was in charge? Or Sooty & Sweep? They were not, are not & we cannot know what may have happened we only know what has."

You don't get the point, do you? Timmy Mallet or Sooty and Sweep were not in charge, were they?

North Yorkshire

"It does raise an important question.

If you live in a village on the edge of a Tier 4 area, and the nearest supermarket/pharmacy is a mile over the border in Tier 3 compared to 20 miles in your Tier 4, which one would you choose?

Technically, you should make the 49 mile round trip and stop in your Tier 4 area but would you? "

There are no two ways about it. You must make the 49 mile journey. We have been told endlessly that breaking the rules laid down will cost lives and place the NHS and front line workers in danger.

» Add a new message to this topic