FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Building trade

Building trade

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering if any fellow construction workers are on here and how work is in the country. I'm from the North east and its OK not great but ok

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As far as new builds go this and next month are looking as busy as ever so far.... (that's from a supplier point of view)

"As far as new builds go this and next month are looking as busy as ever so far.... (that's from a supplier point of view) "
that's good to hear

By *seaMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

Yeah, nothing really has changed in the industry

By *urtyGentMan  over a year ago

eastleigh

Working in London and it’s not really much different.

Managed to have at least one gang of Screeders on all last year and we are still taking jobs on

Sounds the same everywhere

Its the same as usual really.

No downturn here.

Either up here or down in London.

Nationwide. Absaloutly flat out so much work going....Don't do much on housing mainly drainage,roads, big warehouse distribution centres ECT booked up all year and into next.

"Nationwide. Absaloutly flat out so much work going....Don't do much on housing mainly drainage,roads, big warehouse distribution centres ECT booked up all year and into next. "

Aye its busy.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Facilities maintenance here and very busy indeed.

By *eorge JetsonMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

We've slowed down but only cos suppliers aren't running at 100%.

Not a great deal has changed though, at least not enough to worry the men in the suits anyway.

By *rsmandmrgCouple  over a year ago

stafford

Plumbing in bristol is very busy

By *hropmMan  over a year ago

shrewsbury

I was on a site today site agent was saying hes hearing rumours that sites maybe getting closed soon unless any construction is for the NHS

"I was on a site today site agent was saying hes hearing rumours that sites maybe getting closed soon unless any construction is for the NHS "

I would take furlough for a month if it helped stopping infections.

"I was on a site today site agent was saying hes hearing rumours that sites maybe getting closed soon unless any construction is for the NHS

I would take furlough for a month if it helped stopping infections."

me too not had any time of all last year and could get aload of work done on my house oh yeah and save some folk.

By *avenTinaCouple  over a year ago

Southport

I run a construction company we are main contractors and developers with over one hundred employees, we haven’t stopped for a single day during the first lockdown we had issues with suppliers and some sub contractors however they gradually came back to work our production did slow down but never stopped,

We have been in constant contact with the government business secretary and informed that we are vital to the economy and should keep going.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I work with a guy who is having a major extension done. His builders walked out on Friday now they've done all the external stuff saying they are not happy to work inside atm.

"I run a construction company we are main contractors and developers with over one hundred employees, we haven’t stopped for a single day during the first lockdown we had issues with suppliers and some sub contractors however they gradually came back to work our production did slow down but never stopped,

We have been in constant contact with the government business secretary and informed that we are vital to the economy and should keep going."

Yeah we got that letter yesterday too.

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"I work with a guy who is having a major extension done. His builders walked out on Friday now they've done all the external stuff saying they are not happy to work inside atm. "

You have to be kiding

We just built one 2 weeks before xmas, I was insulating the insides to make it warmer for the renters.

So they could be warm for xmas break 2 weeks off.

They moved out recently and im back finishing off which will be finished tommorow.

As goes for work havent stopped and the building merchants are opening up for us to have deliverys.

Northampton Somewhere

"I work with a guy who is having a major extension done. His builders walked out on Friday now they've done all the external stuff saying they are not happy to work inside atm.

You have to be kiding

We just built one 2 weeks before xmas, I was insulating the insides to make it warmer for the renters.

So they could be warm for xmas break 2 weeks off.

They moved out recently and im back finishing off which will be finished tommorow.

As goes for work havent stopped and the building merchants are opening up for us to have deliverys."

No I'm not. They started Oct, they had a problem with the roof, they can't get windows. I feel for him as they originally said it would be done 2 weeks before Christmas!

By *ig1gaz1Man  over a year ago

bradford

"No I'm not. They started Oct, they had a problem with the roof, they can't get windows. I feel for him as they originally said it would be done 2 weeks before Christmas! "

We started on 3rd dec ripped roof off built a double dormer roof.

Fitted facia, fitted windows guttering and insulated the place out my stop date was 18th but the renters was left warm.

2 weeks before that we built roof on a single floor extension fitted it with 4 velux windows and slated it all.

Northampton Somewhere

"No I'm not. They started Oct, they had a problem with the roof, they can't get windows. I feel for him as they originally said it would be done 2 weeks before Christmas!

We started on 3rd dec ripped roof off built a double dormer roof.

Fitted facia, fitted windows guttering and insulated the place out my stop date was 18th but the renters was left warm.

2 weeks before that we built roof on a single floor extension fitted it with 4 velux windows and slated it all."

You have been busy! I think my work mate just chose the wrong builder. We had no issues with ours apart from a 2 week delay on windows but it was done in 7 weeks

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I ordered some windows 7 dec, delivery expected mid jan, materials are an issue at times.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Domestic heating in my area is very busy, no one seems to mind you in their houses, someone I know with a large commercial roofing company have been scouring the country for materials at times, and struggling to catch up after slowing down for the first lock down. Seems to be the plasterers who has the most supply problems for their gunk...

Just thought I would add to this. I see the plastering trade slowing slightly not to a worrying state yet but slowing a little would love to know what it's like elsewhere in the country

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Need a plasterer and electrician down here for a rental. Can’t get them for a couple of weeks loads of new builds going up round here maybe why. There is a site near us that states they have work for brick layers for next ten years. Not sure if that’s true or not but it’s a huge project of house builds in phases.

By *ananas2013Man  over a year ago

wolves

Ok here

Booming for us.

By *ragsterMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

Sparky here...it's been manic busy over the last 12 months..i havn't stopped.

By *otplumMan  over a year ago

Margate

I'm a Plumber and I have been busier than ever this last 12 months. Only good thing about this pandemic is its easier to move around London

I'm very busy, some problems with materials, but plenty to drop on to. If people are worried, they just don't get you in, if people are, there is plenty of people wanting work done.

By *landfordfabbersCouple  over a year ago

Blandford ish

Mark works on site and says it’s generally business as normal in dorset

Sounds fine everywhere then. I just work for myself just for general public and its been good just noticed slowing slightly hopefully I am wrong

By *he topless tradieMan  over a year ago

hidden village

Its been really busy for me lately so cant complain

Hubby’s firm has kept going throughout. Still very busy. Lots to go back end of this year x

I remember some woman trying to tell me that all the sites were closed where she lived.

When I pulled her up on it she blocked me lol.

By *aucyvickiWoman  over a year ago

Steeton

My hubby’s a builder and he’s carried on throughout which gives me chance to play even though I’m working from home hehe

All still seems good then

» Add a new message to this topic