FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > No pubs/clubs till at least may

No pubs/clubs till at least may

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usybee73 OP   Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Well no pubs or clubs will open before May... by then x amount of population vaccinated, roughly a third or more

Will people ever go back? ...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

I think it'll be way after May before they actually reopen

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I think it'll be way after May before they actually reopen"

I agree

"I think it'll be way after May before they actually reopen

I agree"

That’s if any remain in business

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Thats only a suggestion by a couple of scientific groups.

The Goverment may tread a different path.

Scotland

I agree

That’s if any remain in business "

Indeed. I've actually written off any hope of going for a pint this year tbh. Probably get for a meal at some point but pubs will remain firmly closed. Bear in mind I'm in Scotland so have the alcohol loathing Sturgeon to contend with. Nightclubs everywhere will be a thing of the past. Can't see any prospect of them ever reopening.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I feel sorry for landlords, club and business owners. Def been hung out to dry.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Nobody knows when pubs and clubs will reopen it is al guesswork

I think pubs, cafes wine bars, will reopen and hopefully sometime soon, though not till after eadret I think, and even then with the same restrictions in place that we have had. This will unfortunately maybe the new normal I think. Nightclubs, mainstream or swingers I think are toast for a long time to come.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Well no pubs or clubs will open before May... by then x amount of population vaccinated, roughly a third or more

Will people ever go back? ..."

Bloody right i'll go back

in the sticks

I agree

Indeed. I've actually written off any hope of going for a pint this year tbh. Probably get for a meal at some point but pubs will remain firmly closed. Bear in mind I'm in Scotland so have the alcohol loathing Sturgeon to contend with. Nightclubs everywhere will be a thing of the past. Can't see any prospect of them ever reopening."

Surprised how Scotland has excepted it, especially with bucky

"Well no pubs or clubs will open before May... by then x amount of population vaccinated, roughly a third or more

Will likely be later in the year, hopefully sooner though.

We will be attending as soon as the clubs re open.

Hoping pubs/restaurants etc open for Easter ... clubs not expecting until 2022 in my mind, hoping otherwise

I agree

Indeed. I've actually written off any hope of going for a pint this year tbh. Probably get for a meal at some point but pubs will remain firmly closed. Bear in mind I'm in Scotland so have the alcohol loathing Sturgeon to contend with. Nightclubs everywhere will be a thing of the past. Can't see any prospect of them ever reopening.

Surprised how Scotland has excepted it, especially with bucky "

We always have a bottle in our jacket pocket, ??

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

I agree

We always have a bottle in our jacket pocket, ??"

I was thinking, people who drink bucky don't tend to need a pub or club...

I agree

We always have a bottle in our jacket pocket, ?? I was thinking, people who drink bucky don't tend to need a pub or club... "

Yeah it's in our Jakey pocket!!

in the sticks

I agree

We always have a bottle in our jacket pocket, ?? I was thinking, people who drink bucky don't tend to need a pub or club...

Yeah it's in our Jakey pocket!!

"

in the sticks

Joking aside, wee Jimmy kranky is losing popularity in Scotland so I hear? Especially with salmond and the charges etc

Interesting times for Scottish politics

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

So the cinic would say what's more important, a shag or thirty years with you family?

The truth is that clube will reopen again someday because there is a demand for it. It might not be the same, but it will happen.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

So the cinic would say what's more important, a shag or thirty years with you family?

The truth is that clube will reopen again someday because there is a demand for it. It might not be the same, but it will happen."

Agreed, the problem as has been sadly evident on here with this aspect is that some think more with their little head and not their bigger one..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The truth is that clube will reopen again someday because there is a demand for it. It might not be the same, but it will happen.

Agreed, the problem as has been sadly evident on here with this aspect is that some think more with their little head and not their bigger one.."

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

You have to bear in mind that the vaccine probably doesn't stop you catching covid or the spread of it so not much help to clubs.

Testing will be the way forwards but a cure for covid is the thing we need.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"I think it'll be way after May before they actually reopen"
way after at that

Forget any foreign holiday this summer as well

Agreed, the problem as has been sadly evident on here with this aspect is that some think more with their little head and not their bigger one.. "

My big excited exploding head wants them to open soon but my little thinking head is thinking clubs are fucked for a few years yet

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

We're not banking on opening until the end of this year, but more realistically, it could be next year. We may just fook off somewhere warm and stay there when we can fly!

So many of our fellow licensee friends are losing their businesses. Many are closed for good or planning on closing as they just can't keep going. It's so very sad, seeing all of their hard work and passion go down the toilet

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Pubs may open in that sort of time frame but clubs are going to be quite a long time after that I think. Night clubs will typically need a higher volume of customers, likely packed more tightly in, than pubs can operate with, so will need infection levels to be far lower.

Swinging clubs are another matter altogether. They're varied but their original purposes were social and physical engagement of people. Financially they could survive with enough customers who would engage differently. The government has no interest in them of course. They'll reopen vis local authorities who permit their alternative operating plans - they obviously need restarting of their original purposes, to become great profitable businesses for their owners to benefit from. How soon? It's such a hard guess to make, as our leadership seem perpetually to be cluelessly inept

Exeter

"We're not banking on opening until the end of this year, but more realistically, it could be next year. We may just fook off somewhere warm and stay there when we can fly!

So many of our fellow licensee friends are losing their businesses. Many are closed for good or planning on closing as they just can't keep going. It's so very sad, seeing all of their hard work and passion go down the toilet"

You'll be fine in the long run. The customers will literally queue around the block, albeit two metres apart.

Local pubs across the UK though, well that's another story.

Exeter

"You'll be fine in the long run. The customers will literally queue around the block, albeit two metres apart.

Local pubs across the UK though, well that's another story."

Sorry, when I read that back to myself it sounded rather negative towards you, which isn't the way it was meant at all.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Hopefully the end is in sight

Is anyone going to ever find out where this started, those pictures of Chinese wet markets and believing it started there seem ludicrous now.

It’ll be a gradual lifting of lockdown followed by a return to the tier system most likely.

At the moment cases are falling but it’s still easily transmitableso until the majority of us have had the vaccine it’ll be a while yet until things are anything like they were precovid.

It’s impossible to predict when as it depends if they can continue to roll it out without too many delays.

After that we need an annual jab like the flu to keep it at bay.

It is what it is so we just have to get on with it.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Hopefully the end is in sight

Is anyone going to ever find out where this started, those pictures of Chinese wet markets and believing it started there seem ludicrous now. "

The WHO are sending in some researchers.

The closest relative comes from a sample taken from bats in 2013, but it's still fairly distant. More genomic sequencing will be required.

Is anyone going to ever find out where this started, those pictures of Chinese wet markets and believing it started there seem ludicrous now.

The closest relative comes from a sample taken from bats in 2013, but it's still fairly distant. More genomic sequencing will be required."

I think the closest relative to the WHO might be sonewhere from the 1950s

The closest relative comes from a sample taken from bats in 2013, but it's still fairly distant. More genomic sequencing will be required.

I think the closest relative to the WHO might be sonewhere from the 1950s "

sorry thought you talking about the WHO!!

I agree

Indeed. I've actually written off any hope of going for a pint this year tbh. Probably get for a meal at some point but pubs will remain firmly closed. Bear in mind I'm in Scotland so have the alcohol loathing Sturgeon to contend with. Nightclubs everywhere will be a thing of the past. Can't see any prospect of them ever reopening."

Could do with sturgeon here. Scotland is doing a better job.

Scotland

I agree

Could do with sturgeon here. Scotland is doing a better job. "

No we aren't

I agree"

And me.

I would be very surprised if people weren't allowed to eat inside pubs and restaurants in March in some areas.

I think that from the end of February the tier system will be back in place.

in the sticks

listening to the radio this morning 5 percent of bars/clubs have shut for good!

though a few are going to happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22T2cTBkrEw&t=2s

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I agree

Could do with sturgeon here. Scotland is doing a better job. "

Apart from the central belt area it’s fucking empty of people, should be easy enough to manage.

Scotland

Just because she's on TV every day doesn't mean she's doing a good job. Things are dire here aswell. Don't let the SNP cult cloud the reality of the equally shite job she's done.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just because she's on TV every day doesn't mean she's doing a good job. Things are dire here aswell. Don't let the SNP cult cloud the reality of the equally shite job she's done."

I've seen the graphs comparing nations. Scotland outperforms the other three nations consistently.

Scotland

"Just because she's on TV every day doesn't mean she's doing a good job. Things are dire here aswell. Don't let the SNP cult cloud the reality of the equally shite job she's done.

I've seen the graphs comparing nations. Scotland outperforms the other three nations consistently."

Ask care home residents what they think of these graphs. Oh, you can't as most of them are dead.

Manchester (she/her)

"Just because she's on TV every day doesn't mean she's doing a good job. Things are dire here aswell. Don't let the SNP cult cloud the reality of the equally shite job she's done.

I've seen the graphs comparing nations. Scotland outperforms the other three nations consistently.

Ask care home residents what they think of these graphs. Oh, you can't as most of them are dead."

Ditto in England

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Ask care home residents what they think of these graphs. Oh, you can't as most of them are dead."

Most care home residents are dead? What a load of horseshit. Got any evidence to back that up? Let me answer that for you... no, you've got fuck all.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I'm thinking there won't be the same public pressure for clubs to re open as for pubs. So pubs and restaurants hopefully May.

"I feel sorry for landlords, club and business owners. Def been hung out to dry."

I have a cousin who runs a music pub. He has not been able to open since last March. The pubs doesn't have outdoor space, doesn't sell food and internally impossible to set up social distancing because of shape and layout. Nightmare.

I've seen the graphs comparing nations. Scotland outperforms the other three nations consistently."

I know it's not the only measure but population density in Scotland tiny compared to England, and half of that of NI & Wales.

Scotland

Ask care home residents what they think of these graphs. Oh, you can't as most of them are dead.

Most care home residents are dead? What a load of horseshit. Got any evidence to back that up? Let me answer that for you... no, you've got fuck all."

Ahh, you must be one of the cult who believe she's done a great job. No point debating with the brainwashed

Yay all work and no play

Edinburgh

Most care home residents are dead? What a load of horseshit. Got any evidence to back that up? Let me answer that for you... no, you've got fuck all.

Ahh, you must be one of the cult who believe she's done a great job. No point debating with the brainwashed"

There's less point debating with someone who makes a claim but can't back it up. You say of care home residents, "most of them are dead" which is crap. Or can you show otherwise? No cult here, just good old-fashioned calling someone on their bullshit. Put up or shut up.

Most are dead ?

Keep taking the pills mate.

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

Essential business will be okay, anything else is going to have to repurpose to survive, we are in for a long haul. I have been vaccinated but can still catch and transmit the virus, I know several victims, young ones under 40 with long covid, they all say don't catch it whatever you do!!

Scotland

Most are dead ?

Keep taking the pills mate."

Scotland had highest number of care home Covid cases in UK, says study

There's just one headline

Another today, 450 Scottish care homes being investigated over covid deaths.

Bury your heads in the sand if you like but your queen Nicolas policy on care homes has been nothing short of catastrophic.

Most are dead ?

Bury your heads in the sand if you like but your queen Nicolas policy on care homes has been nothing short of catastrophic."

Loads have died in care homes but most are dead ?

Scotland

Most are dead ?

Bury your heads in the sand if you like but your queen Nicolas policy on care homes has been nothing short of catastrophic.

Loads have died in care homes but most are dead ?"

Loads not enough for your liking?

in the sticks

Most are dead ?

Bury your heads in the sand if you like but your queen Nicolas policy on care homes has been nothing short of catastrophic."

shes going through a perfect storm at the moment, covid deaths, alex salmond trial and now andrew neil is gunning for her ... 2 of them, she can bluff her way through as per normal, but mr neil is a different matter especially when releasing a new news channel soon.

Most are dead ?

Loads not enough for your liking?"

The Mrs works in care and your most comment is just a downright lie.

Don't try and turn it around.

Scotland

Most are dead ?

Don't try and turn it around."

Have they moved Newcastle to Scotland?

Edinburgh

Most are dead ?

Have they moved Newcastle to Scotland?"

What does geographic location have to do with the fact that you made a bullshit statement? Or do you have the evidence that most people in care homes are dead?

Scotland

Most are dead ?

What does geographic location have to do with the fact that you made a bullshit statement? Or do you have the evidence that most people in care homes are dead? "

Don't you watch the news? Have you not seen the care homes where most of their residents have been wiped out? Aren't you aware that half of the covid deaths in Scotland, 3500 of them have been in care homes?

Most are dead ?

What does geographic location have to do with the fact that you made a bullshit statement? Or do you have the evidence that most people in care homes are dead?

Don't you watch the news? Have you not seen the care homes where most of their residents have been wiped out? Aren't you aware that half of the covid deaths in Scotland, 3500 of them have been in care homes? "

So you are saying that scottish care homes are shit ?

Edinburgh

Most are dead ?

Don't you watch the news? Have you not seen the care homes where most of their residents have been wiped out? Aren't you aware that half of the covid deaths in Scotland, 3500 of them have been in care homes? "

OK, you've provided some figures. That is a tragically high figure, and the deaths are being investigated, which I fully support.

But back to the original claim. In a 2018 census of care homes, it was reported that there are around 35,000 adults in care homes in Scotland. So is 3,500 most of 35,000? Are you capable of working that one out? Let me tell you that it is absolutely nowhere near most. So that claim you clearly made is quite definitely full of shit. Case closed.

Manchester (she/her)

Shhhh. Don't bring facts, you'll scare people

I'm very doubtful that the sex clubs will ever open again. I'd like to be proved wrong but I'll be very surprised if they do open again after all of this x

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I tbink it is likely to be longer than than, sadly.

People will absolutely go back. In fact, I suspect that they will be having to turn people awsy for fear if breaching fire regulations.

Not all businesses will survive, so those that do will be in demand.

Scotland

Most are dead ?

Don't you watch the news? Have you not seen the care homes where most of their residents have been wiped out? Aren't you aware that half of the covid deaths in Scotland, 3500 of them have been in care homes?

OK, you've provided some figures. That is a tragically high figure, and the deaths are being investigated, which I fully support.

But back to the original claim. In a 2018 census of care homes, it was reported that there are around 35,000 adults in care homes in Scotland. So is 3,500 most of 35,000? Are you capable of working that one out? Let me tell you that it is absolutely nowhere near most. So that claim you clearly made is quite definitely full of shit. Case closed. "

I've no time for your pedantic argument

Scotland

It's actually disgusting. 3500 people have died in Scottish nursing homes and you're being pedantic about wording on a sex site? You repulse me. It's a disgustingly high figure and you're playing it down because you are literally taking "most"? Well let me assure you, there are many homes where MOST of them have died do away and have a word with yourself.

Edinburgh

Most are dead ?

But back to the original claim. In a 2018 census of care homes, it was reported that there are around 35,000 adults in care homes in Scotland. So is 3,500 most of 35,000? Are you capable of working that one out? Let me tell you that it is absolutely nowhere near most. So that claim you clearly made is quite definitely full of shit. Case closed.

I've no time for your pedantic argument"

Nothing minor about your bullshit claim... maybe pick up a dictionary as well as a calculator

Manchester (she/her)

"It's actually disgusting. 3500 people have died in Scottish nursing homes and you're being pedantic about wording on a sex site? You repulse me. It's a disgustingly high figure and you're playing it down because you are literally taking "most"? Well let me assure you, there are many homes where MOST of them have died do away and have a word with yourself."

While you're feigning moral outrage, ignoring the comparison with England which is implied (and no, in no way are we doing better), and making this against the background of you wanting to stop taking Covid seriously or as seriously.

Please.

By *eresa_cdslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Bodmin

Essential business will be okay, anything else is going to have to repurpose to survive, we are in for a long haul. I have been vaccinated but can still catch and transmit the virus, I know several victims, young ones under 40 with long covid, they all say don't catch it whatever you do!!

Scotland

Most are dead ?

I've no time for your pedantic argument

Nothing minor about your bullshit claim... maybe pick up a dictionary as well as a calculator "

Typical SNP cult member. Resorts to abuse and foul language when his queen is criticised.

Edinburgh

"It's actually disgusting. 3500 people have died in Scottish nursing homes and you're being pedantic about wording on a sex site? You repulse me. It's a disgustingly high figure and you're playing it down because you are literally taking "most"? Well let me assure you, there are many homes where MOST of them have died do away and have a word with yourself."

Here we go again... could you please provide evidence of the "many homes where MOST of them have died"? Or is this more nonsense?

As I said before, care home deaths are a tragedy and they are being properly investigated. That will run it's course in due time. It doesn't change the fact that in this time of dangerous misinformation, people who spout shite should be challenged. So back it up or expose yourself as just another shite-peddlar.

"It's actually disgusting. 3500 people have died in Scottish nursing homes and you're being pedantic about wording on a sex site? You repulse me. It's a disgustingly high figure and you're playing it down because you are literally taking "most"? Well let me assure you, there are many homes where MOST of them have died do away and have a word with yourself.

Here we go again... could you please provide evidence of the "many homes where MOST of them have died"? Or is this more nonsense?

As I said before, care home deaths are a tragedy and they are being properly investigated. That will run it's course in due time. It doesn't change the fact that in this time of dangerous misinformation, people who spout shite should be challenged. So back it up or expose yourself as just another shite-peddlar."

You are right about most things you say on this topic but seriously, resorting to insults kinda makes your argument have less impact

Edinburgh

"It's actually disgusting. 3500 people have died in Scottish nursing homes and you're being pedantic about wording on a sex site? You repulse me. It's a disgustingly high figure and you're playing it down because you are literally taking "most"? Well let me assure you, there are many homes where MOST of them have died do away and have a word with yourself.

As I said before, care home deaths are a tragedy and they are being properly investigated. That will run it's course in due time. It doesn't change the fact that in this time of dangerous misinformation, people who spout shite should be challenged. So back it up or expose yourself as just another shite-peddlar.

You are right about most things you say on this topic but seriously, resorting to insults kinda makes your argument have less impact"

I lose patience when I see people talk rubbish and try to exploit tragedy for some ideological point scoring. My dad is in a care home so it really is an emotive one for me. I get that it's not a good look, but I'm not having people like this guy telling outright lies.

You are right about most things you say on this topic but seriously, resorting to insults kinda makes your argument have less impact

I lose patience when I see people talk rubbish and try to exploit tragedy for some ideological point scoring. My dad is in a care home so it really is an emotive one for me. I get that it's not a good look, but I'm not having people like this guy telling outright lies. "

As I said, you're right, in my opinion.

It's just that for me, as soon as you start insulting people, you give them another argument. As you have here with the response of you being a typical SNP voter.

Anyway, stick to the facts and you will win the debate

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

The truth is that clube will reopen again someday because there is a demand for it. It might not be the same, but it will happen."

Given the average of those who die is over eighty, 30 years more is a bit of a stretch.

Scotland

I lose patience when I see people talk rubbish and try to exploit tragedy for some ideological point scoring. My dad is in a care home so it really is an emotive one for me. I get that it's not a good look, but I'm not having people like this guy telling outright lies. "

Maybe saying most was a stretch but regardless of whatever words used it's far too many and the record does not deserve defending in any way

I lose patience when I see people talk rubbish and try to exploit tragedy for some ideological point scoring. My dad is in a care home so it really is an emotive one for me. I get that it's not a good look, but I'm not having people like this guy telling outright lies.

Maybe saying most was a stretch but regardless of whatever words used it's far too many and the record does not deserve defending in any way"

A stretch lol

» Add a new message to this topic