FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Consequences of conspiracies

Consequences of conspiracies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inky_couple2020 OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

It's happened. I suppose it was inevitable. My conspiracy theorist mother and her husband, who live with my Grandad (age 89), went to a "training session" aka brain washing meeting on 15th January. Today, my Grandad has been admitted to hospital with Covid, on oxygen, IV antibiotics etc. My conspiracy theorist stepfather is also in hospital with Covid (he is 73).

My mother and stepfather have both refused to wear masks throughout, claiming false exemption and have continued to fraternise with other members of their lunatic fringe. And now, they've done it.

They've given my Grandad Covid and guess what? Today was his first appointment for the vaccine. He lives in a rural area and the area has been left far behind on the vaccine schedule. For comparison, my Dad received 2x doses of the Pfizer vaccine by 11th January. If my Grandad had the same, maybe he'd not have been ill at all, or more mildly.

He has heart failure, kidney problems and so is a classic case for bad Covid. I just hope that his iron constitution, combined with the hard work of the doctors and nurses allow him to pull through.

My stepfather on the other hand? Well, I won't say what I think.

Among all this, my mother continues to deny Covid exists and continues to spout her tripe and bile into the world. I don't understand how she can.

I'm just so angry

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Words fail me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't really know what to say other than I am so sorry your granddad is ill.

I know you are angry and you have every right to be, I really hope your granddad makes a full and speedy recovery and although it seems unlikely from what you have said that your mother and stepfather have a rethink.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I am so, so sorry.

This is why opinions shouldn't be coddled in public health. They cost lives if they're wildly wrong.

So sad for you. We can pick our friends but sadly family come attached....

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

So sorry to hear that. Absolutely horrendous.

Anyone trying to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic, or giving credence to any conspiracy, needs to take a minute to get out of their own selfish heads and recognise the tragic cost of this horrible situation.

"So sorry to hear that. Absolutely horrendous.

Anyone trying to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic, or giving credence to any conspiracy, needs to take a minute to get out of their own selfish heads and recognise the tragic cost of this horrible situation. "

Absolutely.

I get people are scared and don't want to believe this virus is a problem however as you said it puts lives at risks.

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Sorry to hear this OP

Where on earth were they going to be'brainwashed'?

(Lots of swear words!!!)

Massive heartfelt hugs OP. Xxxxx

North West

"Sorry to hear this OP

Where on earth were they going to be'brainwashed'?"

They associate with various weirdos online and there was a physical meeting in Warrington on 15th January, apparently. My Grandad was perfectly well on 15th January because I spoke to him. My Uncle spoke to him on Sunday 17th and he was also fine. By mid week, he started with mild symptoms and now this morning he is ill enough to need hospital treatment.

Manchester (she/her)

"Sorry to hear this OP

They associate with various weirdos online and there was a physical meeting in Warrington on 15th January, apparently. My Grandad was perfectly well on 15th January because I spoke to him. My Uncle spoke to him on Sunday 17th and he was also fine. By mid week, he started with mild symptoms and now this morning he is ill enough to need hospital treatment."

I hope someone reports and/or sues these weirdoes.

"Sorry to hear this OP

They associate with various weirdos online and there was a physical meeting in Warrington on 15th January, apparently. My Grandad was perfectly well on 15th January because I spoke to him. My Uncle spoke to him on Sunday 17th and he was also fine. By mid week, he started with mild symptoms and now this morning he is ill enough to need hospital treatment.

I hope someone reports and/or sues these weirdoes."

Absolutely!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Among all this, my mother continues to deny Covid exists and continues to spout her tripe and bile into the world. I don't understand how she can.

"

Me neither, does she not believe he has it?

By *incskittenWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I will pray your grandad recovers op.

As for the others i have no words.x

Manchester (she/her)

"

Me neither, does she not believe he has it?"

I've read reports of Covid patients in US high dependency care screaming abuse at the people caring for them because they were being included in this conspiracy disease. In some cases dying of a disease they were adamant didn't exist.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Slap's forehead.

Well OP I wish your loved ones well and hope they recover.

But honestly if my family did that I'd probably disown them but easier said than done.

It's a shocking state if affairs that people can be brainwashed into causing such issues.

Peace and love x

North West

"

Me neither, does she not believe he has it?"

No. She's just text me saying they both have viral pneumonia. When I replied to say, yes, they both have Covid, her reply was (verbatim) "They have pneumonia. Covid is a psyop. Won't you wake up."

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's happened. I suppose it was inevitable. My conspiracy theorist mother and her husband, who live with my Grandad (age 89), went to a "training session" aka brain washing meeting on 15th January. Today, my Grandad has been admitted to hospital with Covid, on oxygen, IV antibiotics etc. My conspiracy theorist stepfather is also in hospital with Covid (he is 73).

My mother and stepfather have both refused to wear masks throughout, claiming false exemption and have continued to fraternise with other members of their lunatic fringe. And now, they've done it.

They've given my Grandad Covid and guess what? Today was his first appointment for the vaccine. He lives in a rural area and the area has been left far behind on the vaccine schedule. For comparison, my Dad received 2x doses of the Pfizer vaccine by 11th January. If my Grandad had the same, maybe he'd not have been ill at all, or more mildly.

He has heart failure, kidney problems and so is a classic case for bad Covid. I just hope that his iron constitution, combined with the hard work of the doctors and nurses allow him to pull through.

I'm just so angry "

Unbalievable you have my deepest sympathy.It is hard to believe

Manchester (she/her)

"

No. She's just text me saying they both have viral pneumonia. When I replied to say, yes, they both have Covid, her reply was (verbatim) "They have pneumonia. Covid is a psyop. Won't you wake up.""

Oh my god.

"

No. She's just text me saying they both have viral pneumonia. When I replied to say, yes, they both have Covid, her reply was (verbatim) "They have pneumonia. Covid is a psyop. Won't you wake up.""

WOW! I'm so sorry and you must be livid.

She really has been indoctrinated hasn't she.

North West

This is what I've been dealing with re: my mother and stepfather for the past about 8 years. It's heartbreaking. I have a very small family and disowning people means I have very little left. Also the fact she moved in with Grandad two years ago meant I couldn't avoid her OR I had to avoid my Grandad, who is like my father.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Im sorry to hear about your grandad.

I've always thought that people who didn't believe covid was real would soon change their minds when a relative became ill. This is obviously not always the case, she has been taken in by some very strange people!

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Shocking.. my deepest condolences... it is scary but bumping into more and more like that

North West

"Im sorry to hear about your grandad.

I've always thought that people who didn't believe covid was real would soon change their minds when a relative became ill. This is obviously not always the case, she has been taken in by some very strange people!

"

She'll deny it even when they are both in wooden boxes. Nothing will change her mind. Anyone who thinks conspiracy theorists can be talked around - well, many cannot.

By *aturasqCouple  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

"Im sorry to hear about your grandad.

She'll deny it even when they are both in wooden boxes. Nothing will change her mind. Anyone who thinks conspiracy theorists can be talked around - well, many cannot."

This is very sad and feel for you so much .

You are a lovely person. Anyone who has your love is extremely lucky x

OP I'm so so sorry to hear this, and also furious on your behalf. Hoping your grandad gets through this tough time xx

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Even for a layperson that would be frustrating and annoying given an elderly loved one is in hospital, for someone who has a professional scientific background I can't begin to imagine the angst..

Fingers crossed your Grandfather is ok..

North West

And now an email with a link to a video about how it's not real yadda yadda. This, when her husband and father are in hospital with it. Beggars belief. Oh, and she wants to Skype at the weekend........ Errrrr no.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"And now an email with a link to a video about how it's not real yadda yadda. This, when her husband and father are in hospital with it. Beggars belief. Oh, and she wants to Skype at the weekend........ Errrrr no."

I'd put myself up for adoption if I was you

Manchester (she/her)

"And now an email with a link to a video about how it's not real yadda yadda. This, when her husband and father are in hospital with it. Beggars belief. Oh, and she wants to Skype at the weekend........ Errrrr no."

I just... I'm so sorry

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"It's happened. I suppose it was inevitable. My conspiracy theorist mother and her husband, who live with my Grandad (age 89), went to a "training session" aka brain washing meeting on 15th January. Today, my Grandad has been admitted to hospital with Covid, on oxygen, IV antibiotics etc. My conspiracy theorist stepfather is also in hospital with Covid (he is 73).

I'm just so angry "

When they dont believe, they dont believe no matter what. Hope everyone pulls through safely.

Unfortunately the way social media works its sends people down rabbit holes that are almost impossible to get out of

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I've said this before, I think they're just scared and in denial, they can't handle the truth so create and believe stories they think makes sense. Even in the face of it, the denial continues, it's how their minds deal with it.

"

Why not just go along with what she says? Sometimes it's easier.

Make the mmmmm hmmmm noises as though you agree, wait a beat, then change the subject.

They are both ill and probably getting wonderful care in hospital. What she thinks doesn't matter anymore. X

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Sorry to hear this OP

They associate with various weirdos online and there was a physical meeting in Warrington on 15th January, apparently. My Grandad was perfectly well on 15th January because I spoke to him. My Uncle spoke to him on Sunday 17th and he was also fine. By mid week, he started with mild symptoms and now this morning he is ill enough to need hospital treatment."

Surely it's against the rules to have a physical meeting...I hope and pray that your lovely Grandad pulls through {{hugs}} xx

Manchester (she/her)

"And now an email with a link to a video about how it's not real yadda yadda. This, when her husband and father are in hospital with it. Beggars belief. Oh, and she wants to Skype at the weekend........ Errrrr no.

I've said this before, I think they're just scared and in denial, they can't handle the truth so create and believe stories they think makes sense. Even in the face of it, the denial continues, it's how their minds deal with it. "

Agreed.

But it still does enormous harm.

Bham

"And now an email with a link to a video about how it's not real yadda yadda. This, when her husband and father are in hospital with it. Beggars belief. Oh, and she wants to Skype at the weekend........ Errrrr no.

I've said this before, I think they're just scared and in denial, they can't handle the truth so create and believe stories they think makes sense. Even in the face of it, the denial continues, it's how their minds deal with it.

Agreed.

But it still does enormous harm."

Definitely. And social media helps it spread to more and more.

Agreed.

But it still does enormous harm.

Definitely. And social media helps it spread to more and more. "

Careless talk costs lives. Never a truer word

Im so very sorry OP. Sending hugs and prayers

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I've only just seen this...

I'm gonna take a shower, gather my thoughts and have a little cry.

I can't begin to imagine how ragey/frustrated/helpless/worried you must be feeling

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

I don't know what to say god bless

North West

"I've only just seen this...

I'm gonna take a shower, gather my thoughts and have a little cry.

I can't begin to imagine how ragey/frustrated/helpless/worried you must be feeling "

Thank you Peachy. I've just pushed 5 miles in the hope of clearing my head. About to call the hospital after I've changed my mucky clothes and see how he is.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I'm just so angry "

I totally get this is a family member & it hurts to lose someone, that affects everyone.

Passing a virus on be it covid or otherwise was always the case, we just did it blindly because no testing was done, at any point could anyone of us have passed it onto a vulnerable person & result in death, people die, look at all the other things you mentioned that he has wrong with him, his body is giving up because it is old. It's part of nature as unfortunate as that maybe.

North West

I'm just so angry

I totally get this is a family member & it hurts to lose someone, that affects everyone.

Passing a virus on be it covid or otherwise was always the case, we just did it blindly because no testing was done, at any point could anyone of us have passed it onto a vulnerable person & result in death, people die, look at all the other things you mentioned that he has wrong with him, his body is giving up because it is old. It's part of nature as unfortunate as that maybe. "

No, if my mother and her husband had done what the rules say - stayed home, worn masks in the supermarket and not attended conspiracy theorist meeting groups (probably in someone's front room) then my Grandad would not have contracted Covid. I'm fully aware of the circle of life and that he will die one day. But to deliberately put him at risk just before he was about to receive the vaccine, FFS, makes their behaviour unforgivable.

This is not the first time their conspiracy theories have caused serious harm to family members but this is perhaps the worst.

So sorry to hear this, i hope your grandad gets better soon xx

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

Hmm, in a way they are kind of right as it is a varient of the flu virus

BUT if there's a strain of flu/covid going around thats more dangerous, remember swine flu and norovirus sensible to protect yourself, hence hands, and space. The more you socialise the chance you have of picking up, common sense will tell you that.

Hope they make a recovery, and can think of there actions.

Hugs to you

North West

"Hmm, in a way they are kind of right as it is a varient of the flu virus

BUT if there's a strain of flu/covid going around thats more dangerous, remember swine flu and norovirus sensible to protect yourself, hence hands, and space. The more you socialise the chance you have of picking up, common sense will tell you that.

Hugs to you "

It is not a variant of flu. It's an entirely different family of viruses. The two are utterly unconnected. Nor is it Norovirus or anything else.

His infection with it, seeing as he has not left the house since November, has been entirely avoidable and if his final moments are gasping for air in s hospital ward, with only medical staff able to comfort him through PPE, I shall never forgive my mother and stepfather. I honestly couldn't care less what happens to him.

By *oodguy300Man  over a year ago

Birmingham City Centre

Thats shocking, i feel for you and also know people who believe nonsense too and theres no reasoning with them, david icke is to blame for starting a lot of this, where were all these conspiracy guys when sars was in asian countries previously, it only becomes a 'conspiracy' when it affects them. I think we are dealing with a mix of narcissism (i'm special so i know the hidden truths in life) or just plain selfishness and stupidity or possibly even borderline paranoid schizophrenia. When this is all over and we dont find ourselves living in a microchipped global dictatorship run by reptillians or half the worlds population hasnt been culled by poisons in vaccines we must remember to tell these people every single day for the rest of their lives what utter morons they were during the covid pandemic, there is a lot of people going to look mighty stupid.

By *usybee73Man  over a year ago

in the sticks

"Hmm, in a way they are kind of right as it is a varient of the flu virus

Hugs to you

It is not a variant of flu. It's an entirely different family of viruses. The two are utterly unconnected. Nor is it Norovirus or anything else.

His infection with it, seeing as he has not left the house since November, has been entirely avoidable and if his final moments are gasping for air in s hospital ward, with only medical staff able to comfort him through PPE, I shall never forgive my mother and stepfather. I honestly couldn't care less what happens to him."

Thats really horrid to see and can't blame you for being upset as well as being angry. Inbox always open if you want to rant

North West

Good news of a sort. I've just spoken to the ward and they think he's doing well, under the circumstances. His infection markers are improving, he's still on O2 with sats a bit too low but is sat up, talking. He spoke to me briefly and he said they're looking after him well. He's incredibly tough and so hopefully, he'll battle his way through. He is also very cross with my mother.

shits creek

"Good news of a sort. I've just spoken to the ward and they think he's doing well, under the circumstances. His infection markers are improving, he's still on O2 with sats a bit too low but is sat up, talking. He spoke to me briefly and he said they're looking after him well. He's incredibly tough and so hopefully, he'll battle his way through. He is also very cross with my mother. "

A sigh of relief for now.

If it's his house I'd bloody kick her out if I were him.

North West

"Good news of a sort. I've just spoken to the ward and they think he's doing well, under the circumstances. His infection markers are improving, he's still on O2 with sats a bit too low but is sat up, talking. He spoke to me briefly and he said they're looking after him well. He's incredibly tough and so hopefully, he'll battle his way through. He is also very cross with my mother.

If it's his house I'd bloody kick her out if I were him."

He's tried. They're otherwise homeless, hence why they moved in (by stealth). My uncle has asked them to leave (again) and was met with abuse, per usual. It's something we will have to deal with.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Good news of a sort. I've just spoken to the ward and they think he's doing well, under the circumstances. His infection markers are improving, he's still on O2 with sats a bit too low but is sat up, talking. He spoke to me briefly and he said they're looking after him well. He's incredibly tough and so hopefully, he'll battle his way through. He is also very cross with my mother. "

he’s hoping it all keeps moving in the right direction

Manchester (she/her)

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

Really great to hear that he is improving. I cannot begin to imagine being in the situation you are in with your mother and stepfather and can only hope that they turn their ideas around.

Manchester (she/her)

"Good news of a sort. I've just spoken to the ward and they think he's doing well, under the circumstances. His infection markers are improving, he's still on O2 with sats a bit too low but is sat up, talking. He spoke to me briefly and he said they're looking after him well. He's incredibly tough and so hopefully, he'll battle his way through. He is also very cross with my mother.

If it's his house I'd bloody kick her out if I were him.

He's tried. They're otherwise homeless, hence why they moved in (by stealth). My uncle has asked them to leave (again) and was met with abuse, per usual. It's something we will have to deal with."

I hope they get the fuck out after putting him in hospital

I've just seen this as the conspiracy in the title put me off looking earlier.

I just dont know what to say as you must be totally devastated. I hope he pulls through x

North West

The lady I spoke to said she couldn't believe he was 89 and that when she saw his medical history, was incredulous that he's so alert and still eating/drinking etc. The facts remain that he's seriously unwell and we should not count our chickens, but I'm bizarrely proud of the fact he's so bloody tough. His formative years in poverty of a Victorian standard have obviously set him in good stead

Manchester (she/her)

Big, big hugs.

And strength for the arse whooping ahead.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Awful to hear. It highlights the importance of good education as well as - in my opinion - restrictions on the rampage of dangerous activities, including wilfully and dangerously misleading others

Manchester (she/her)

"Awful to hear. It highlights the importance of good education as well as - in my opinion - restrictions on the rampage of dangerous activities, including wilfully and dangerously misleading others "

I'm incredibly grateful that my education involved bucket loads of critical thinking

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"

I've said this before, I think they're just scared and in denial, they can't handle the truth so create and believe stories they think makes sense. Even in the face of it, the denial continues, it's how their minds deal with it. "

This. Spot on.

I'm sorry for the OP and hope her GF pulls through, along with the rest of the family.

By all account rationalising them out of a position they didn't rationalise themselves in to isn't going to work.

What clearly worked on them to get them in to an entrenched mindset was FUD.

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt.

Since those tools worked to get them in to the mindset, they will work to get them out of it. Great care and subtlety is needed in wielding these tools.

Don't attack the believers of the message. Undermine the prophets of the message. Leave a trail of breadcrumbs for them to follow and come to their own conclusions of their own accord.

There are many great resources on "deprogramming" folks who have lived in cults, including tales of ex-cult members who have said what worked for them.

This group of deniers is dangerous, and demonstrably so.

Find out about the Ring Leader and their control and command structure.

Look for weaknesses, target them and exploit them and undermine them.

Search newspapers for their names. Look for misdemeanours and criminal activity. Ask friends, acquaintances. Build a profile. Befriend people on the periphery. Listen. Learn.

I would not advise getting too close. Keep it all at a distance. A lot of research can be done without even their knowledge. This is not a deep-cover infil exercise. Leave that to the movies or the professionals.

If a paper says "Mr X (Ringleader) was done for ABC, scrapbook it. That's verifiable. If person Y says Mr X also did 123, verify it elsewhere with additional correlation from other sources.

When you have enough information, plan a strategy for drip feeding it. Don't dump the whole lot in one go, it will clearly be a character assassination and fall flat on its face.

Plant seeds of doubt. Water them. Watch them grow. Cultivate them. Prune them, Encourage the most promising shoots. Remove the dead wood. Measure and gauge reaction. See what piques interest or they ignore. Nurture, tend, develop.

Yes, it's a lot of work. But then so is "converting" people to a belief that is not in their best interests.

You are essentially "counter-converting" with the same tools (FUD) the radicalisers are using and have used to undermine your family's trust in you.

It's not going to be easy, and you may not even have the energy or the will, which is fair enough. But if you do, know that there are tools and organisations who can help.

I wish you all the best.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Those who don't believe this virus is real should be put in a ward with Covid patients without any PPE and be made to stay in there. Its the only way these idiots (no offence) will see the damage and destruction this virus causes.

Sorry to hear about your grandad OP xx

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

My prayers are with your grandad, your husband and yourself, and your children. Grandad sounds like a tough old lad, he is the same age as my father.

I light a candle in my heart for all of you. Polly xxx

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

My parents in law are the same and constantly post vids on facebook.

Its so frustrating. But let them learn the hard way as they are both overweight, over 60, heavy smokers.

You cant teach stupidity.

By *onguesandpunsMan  over a year ago

East Midlands

Best wishes to you and yours OP. Really hope everyone pulls through, especially Grandad. Without wanting to cause any more family disharmony, the fact that grandad lives with your mum and she's shown such wilful disregard for his health and wellbeing is a clear safeguarding issue. Have you thought about speaking to your local adult social care team about your concerns?

Also, and apologies if this has already been mentioned, what does Grandad think about Covid-19?

Sending you big virtual hugs.

East Midlands

[Removed by poster at 23/01/21 07:44:39]

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

If your grandfather wants them out what you and your uncle ned to do is gather there shit up dump it out the front in bags and change the locks.sounds harsh yea but from reading some of your posts itsthe only way your gona get them out of his house because the pair of them sound like they cant be reasoned with.yea it will cause bad feeling between your family but by the sounds of it that bad feelingis already there.difficult situation i know butsome people wont listen to reason

Bham

"Great quote about the vaccine from Arnold Schwazenegger here:

https://images.app.goo.gl/scpCJWLWG4UmL6rX6

"

Great quote. Agree with it all.

And if it gets real bad, get to the chopper.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

Angry ....totally understand this... lots of anger and fear in the world. Lots of sadness and lots of worry but one small word keeps me going and that’s hope. 2 days ago my street came out and stood together to watch a funeral car drive my neighbour who had died from covid after shielding for the whole time. They were elderly yes but healthy and simply refused to let it defeat them. We would shout hello across the garden wall and laugh and joke about the state of the world. At Christmas a family member ( asymptomatic) visited and passed on the disease to both him and his wife. Shortly after he died, luckily (or unluckily) now his wife, whom he looked after is well. The point is the whole street came out, I don’t know lots of them or ever speak to them but all knew my neighbour and stood on a cold wet windy evening to pay respects. Be angry at the disease yes, but don’t let anger replace hope.

I am Sorry for your loss and for all those that have or will lose someone so tragically to this shitty evil virus.

I'm just so angry "

I feel so sorry for you, and know how you feel.

My uncle has generally down played the virus, he tested positive 3 weeks ago, and is still ill. His wife and brother have it. his wife went to hospital was released and went back yesterday. My uncle probably should be in hospital as his breath is supposedly getting shorter.

I just don't know what to say, can't really say "told you so" to somebody I love who could be potentially extremely ill.. and has been so fucking ignorant.

I'm just angry. Stupidity is the main reason we're struggling in this country to contain covid.

I just read this post and I am speechless.

Sending hugs x

North West

"Best wishes to you and yours OP. Really hope everyone pulls through, especially Grandad. Without wanting to cause any more family disharmony, the fact that grandad lives with your mum and she's shown such wilful disregard for his health and wellbeing is a clear safeguarding issue. Have you thought about speaking to your local adult social care team about your concerns?

Also, and apologies if this has already been mentioned, what does Grandad think about Covid-19?

Sending you big virtual hugs. "

Oh my Grandad is perfectly realistic and sensible. He knows Covid exists. He reads his newspaper every day and has his tablet computer where he reads things online and he's perfectly able to discern truth from bollocks. He might not have had a proper formal education (he joined the Army at 14) but he's very intelligent and well read.

I discussed exactly the safeguarding issue with the hospital last night and my uncle (who Grandad has ensured is next of kin) and I will be trying to resolve the issue before he goes home. The problem is my uncle lives on the South coast and my Grandad in Cumbria. I am physically disabled and not able to support him on my own anymore. He needs help with household tasks like cooking now, because he hasn't got the stamina to stand and do those things. He's always refused the idea of external carers going in but he might have to rethink that.

North West

Thank you everyone for your message here and in private. I'm waiting on tenterhooks for my uncle to provide an update (we're taking "shifts" on ringing the hospital) but I know that the fact no-one has called me overnight is good news.

Hopefully you will get something sorted out for him before he goes home.

My mum refused to have carers going in for ages but we insisted and mum ended up getting on really well with them as they often took her out for a walk in the village, to cafes etc ... pre covid. Plus they made sure she washed and ate well x

chelmsford

"Thank you everyone for your message here and in private. I'm waiting on tenterhooks for my uncle to provide an update (we're taking "shifts" on ringing the hospital) but I know that the fact no-one has called me overnight is good news. "

Best wishes, my lovely x

Manchester (she/her)

Big hugs

East Midlands

"Best wishes to you and yours OP. Really hope everyone pulls through, especially Grandad. Without wanting to cause any more family disharmony, the fact that grandad lives with your mum and she's shown such wilful disregard for his health and wellbeing is a clear safeguarding issue. Have you thought about speaking to your local adult social care team about your concerns?

Oh my Grandad is perfectly realistic and sensible. He knows Covid exists. He reads his newspaper every day and has his tablet computer where he reads things online and he's perfectly able to discern truth from bollocks. He might not have had a proper formal education (he joined the Army at 14) but he's very intelligent and well read.

I discussed exactly the safeguarding issue with the hospital last night and my uncle (who Grandad has ensured is next of kin) and I will be trying to resolve the issue before he goes home. The problem is my uncle lives on the South coast and my Grandad in Cumbria. I am physically disabled and not able to support him on my own anymore. He needs help with household tasks like cooking now, because he hasn't got the stamina to stand and do those things. He's always refused the idea of external carers going in but he might have to rethink that."

I really hope things get sorted for you and glad you were able to speak to the hospital staff about your concerns. I wonder if this situation might be a bit of a shock to the system for grandad and he's more open to help from other sources going forward? I get frustrated enough with anti vaccine / covid deniers on social media, so God only knows how it must be for you in the real world. Stay strong, you're doing the best you can under extremely challenging circumstances! X

"Great quote about the vaccine from Arnold Schwazenegger here:

https://images.app.goo.gl/scpCJWLWG4UmL6rX6

"

Brilliant

I discussed exactly the safeguarding issue with the hospital last night and my uncle (who Grandad has ensured is next of kin) and I will be trying to resolve the issue before he goes home. The problem is my uncle lives on the South coast and my Grandad in Cumbria. I am physically disabled and not able to support him on my own anymore. He needs help with household tasks like cooking now, because he hasn't got the stamina to stand and do those things. He's always refused the idea of external carers going in but he might have to rethink that.

I really hope things get sorted for you and glad you were able to speak to the hospital staff about your concerns. I wonder if this situation might be a bit of a shock to the system for grandad and he's more open to help from other sources going forward? I get frustrated enough with anti vaccine / covid deniers on social media, so God only knows how it must be for you in the real world. Stay strong, you're doing the best you can under extremely challenging circumstances! X"

I fully agree with this it may also be worth contacting adult social services to see what support he could be offered when he goes home. X

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

OP I can't begin to understand what you're goung through.

My family are doing everything they can ti keep safe and my gran has recently had her first Covid jab.

I'm pleased that you are already speaking to the hospital social work team about safeguarding yoyr grandad.

It's really important that some action is taken to remove your mum and her husband (if he pulls through) from his house. There will be support available for them being made homeless and I would be happy to offer advice on this via pm if that helpsin any way.

Take care xxx

North West

"OP I can't begin to understand what you're goung through.

My family are doing everything they can ti keep safe and my gran has recently had her first Covid jab.

I'm pleased that you are already speaking to the hospital social work team about safeguarding yoyr grandad.

It's really important that some action is taken to remove your mum and her husband (if he pulls through) from his house. There will be support available for them being made homeless and I would be happy to offer advice on this via pm if that helpsin any way.

Take care xxx"

Thank you, Guenevere. I might well ask you, theirs is a long, long story

Scunthorpe

"OP I can't begin to understand what you're goung through.

Take care xxx

Thank you, Guenevere. I might well ask you, theirs is a long, long story "

That's very often the case

Nothing surprises me anymore.

If I can help, I will.

North West

Latest update via my uncle is positive. In the words of the nurse who spoke to him "he is defying medical knowledge". He's spent a bit of time off oxygen today and what he's still having is a low flow. They're going to try and stop that entirely over the next few days. He's been walking with a frame (prior to this, he walked unaided in the house). All good.

My mother refuses to tell us how my stepfather is. He was taken to a different ward in the same hospital. I suspect that might be ICU and I suspect he is in a worse state than Grandad. My mother's blinkers stop her seeing what's happening in front of her face.

Also good news is we are allowed to drop things off for him at the hospital reception so I'll be taking him some bits tomorrow. Nothing can be taken in from his house, where my mother is supposed to be isolating.

Manchester (she/her)

I wish you all the best xx

"Latest update via my uncle is positive. In the words of the nurse who spoke to him "he is defying medical knowledge". He's spent a bit of time off oxygen today and what he's still having is a low flow. They're going to try and stop that entirely over the next few days. He's been walking with a frame (prior to this, he walked unaided in the house). All good.

My mother refuses to tell us how my stepfather is. He was taken to a different ward in the same hospital. I suspect that might be ICU and I suspect he is in a worse state than Grandad. My mother's blinkers stop her seeing what's happening in front of her face.

Also good news is we are allowed to drop things off for him at the hospital reception so I'll be taking him some bits tomorrow. Nothing can be taken in from his house, where my mother is supposed to be isolating."

Are you close to your stepfather?

Good news about your grandad.

Hope your mother is isolating, whether she has symptoms or not.

North West

"Latest update via my uncle is positive. In the words of the nurse who spoke to him "he is defying medical knowledge". He's spent a bit of time off oxygen today and what he's still having is a low flow. They're going to try and stop that entirely over the next few days. He's been walking with a frame (prior to this, he walked unaided in the house). All good.

Also good news is we are allowed to drop things off for him at the hospital reception so I'll be taking him some bits tomorrow. Nothing can be taken in from his house, where my mother is supposed to be isolating.

Hope your mother is isolating, whether she has symptoms or not. "

No, I am not close to my stepfather really. He is also a conspiracy theorist and has become an unpleasant person in the past years. I tolerated him as a youth, although I did throw a yoghurt at him once (justified).

I don't know what my mother is doing, but I'm fairly confident that if she thinks she needs to go to ASDA, she will. She doesn't listen to figures in authority telling her to do anything.

Manchester (she/her)

I just... Ugh. I'm so sorry.

Hope your mother is isolating, whether she has symptoms or not.

No, I am not close to my stepfather really. He is also a conspiracy theorist and has become an unpleasant person in the past years. I tolerated him as a youth, although I did throw a yoghurt at him once (justified).

I don't know what my mother is doing, but I'm fairly confident that if she thinks she needs to go to ASDA, she will. She doesn't listen to figures in authority telling her to do anything. "

XXX

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"

Sadly it is your mother that’s has fallen for the psyop rather than reality. It’s very sad

teleford

Also good news is we are allowed to drop things off for him at the hospital reception so I'll be taking him some bits tomorrow. Nothing can be taken in from his house, where my mother is supposed to be isolating."

If she isn’t isolating send the builders round tonight with instructions to brick up the windows and doors...

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

No words, other than to wish your grandfather well and wish for a speedy recovery.

And as for the conspiracy theorists and idiots who are still claimng C19 is a form of flu, fuck them all to Hell.

E

North West

Things continue to look promising for my Grandad. I spoke to the ward and him about an hour ago and he's been up, walking with a frame etc. He's on very low flow oxygen. He had enough energy to comment on the pre packed sandwiches and the fact his banana and custard came sans banana.

I'm going to take him some bits tomorrow, I can drop a package with the hospital reception apparently. I'm going to include some printed pics of all his Great Grandchildren - he has 4, ranging in age from almost-4 to 18. It's the 8th birthday of one of them today and he's missed speaking to her on video call.

North West

My mother has refused to put a bag of items together for Grandad, for a family friend who lives locally to deliver. She says she'll deliver herself or no one will. She also thinks she'll be collecting my stepfather by car if he's released (apparently he's recovering fairly well, apart from the diabetes). She's bonkers.

"My mother has refused to put a bag of items together for Grandad, for a family friend who lives locally to deliver. She says she'll deliver herself or no one will. She also thinks she'll be collecting my stepfather by car if he's released (apparently he's recovering fairly well, apart from the diabetes). She's bonkers."

Presume she has no symptoms yet then. Or if she has she's probably not admitting it.

Manchester (she/her)

"My mother has refused to put a bag of items together for Grandad, for a family friend who lives locally to deliver. She says she'll deliver herself or no one will. She also thinks she'll be collecting my stepfather by car if he's released (apparently he's recovering fairly well, apart from the diabetes). She's bonkers."

By *urtleJRCouple  over a year ago

Ystradgynlais

Wishing your grandfather (and yourselves, having to deal with this family nightmare) all the best.

xXx

North West

"My mother has refused to put a bag of items together for Grandad, for a family friend who lives locally to deliver. She says she'll deliver herself or no one will. She also thinks she'll be collecting my stepfather by car if he's released (apparently he's recovering fairly well, apart from the diabetes). She's bonkers.

Presume she has no symptoms yet then. Or if she has she's probably not admitting it. "

She wouldn't admit either way, I'm sure.

As awful as it may sound it sounds like she needs reporting for not self isolating.

North West

"My mother has refused to put a bag of items together for Grandad, for a family friend who lives locally to deliver. She says she'll deliver herself or no one will. She also thinks she'll be collecting my stepfather by car if he's released (apparently he's recovering fairly well, apart from the diabetes). She's bonkers.

As awful as it may sound it sounds like she needs reporting for not self isolating. "

I've no evidence that's she's NOT self isolated yet. Only that she said if she wouldn't be allowed to go and take the things, then she wouldn't leave them in the porch for someone else to take. I've not personally spoken to her at all. That info came from my uncle who DID speak to her and got a load of abuse on the phone.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When my mum was in hospital recently we were only allowed to take a bag to the hospital reception (it took 48 hours to reach her but that's another story). On the day she was discharged a nurse on her ward tested positive for covid. In had to argue with the hospital to get ambulance transport for her because they wanted me to take her home in my car.

I don't think the hospital will be that bothered if your mum picks your step father up or takes a bag for your grandad.

Manchester (she/her)

As awful as it may sound it sounds like she needs reporting for not self isolating.

I've no evidence that's she's NOT self isolated yet. Only that she said if she wouldn't be allowed to go and take the things, then she wouldn't leave them in the porch for someone else to take. I've not personally spoken to her at all. That info came from my uncle who DID speak to her and got a load of abuse on the phone."

I'd be in a right mind to report her for... something. I wish I knew what

North West

When my mum was in hospital recently we were only allowed to take a bag to the hospital reception (it took 48 hours to reach her but that's another story). On the day she was discharged a nurse on her ward tested positive for covid. In had to argue with the hospital to get ambulance transport for her because they wanted me to take her home in my car.

I don't think the hospital will be that bothered if your mum picks your step father up or takes a bag for your grandad."

My mother is supposed to be isolating, having been in contact with Covid positive people in the past 48hrs. She should be going nowhere because she lives in the same house as my Grandad and her husband, who are Covid patients.

I'm told by the nurse I can drop off a bag/package at main hospital reception with his personal details attached and it will be "rapidly" conveyed.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think the hospital will be that bothered if your mum picks your step father up or takes a bag for your grandad.

My mother is supposed to be isolating, having been in contact with Covid positive people in the past 48hrs. She should be going nowhere because she lives in the same house as my Grandad and her husband, who are Covid patients.

I'm told by the nurse I can drop off a bag/package at main hospital reception with his personal details attached and it will be "rapidly" conveyed."

My mother has had to isolate after being on a ward where a nurse tested positive. The hospital still thought it was ok for me to take her home in my car.

I do see your point but my recent experience of this situation has shown up a couple of flaws in the system.

Still it's a different hospital, I hope your grandad gets his bag, your step father gets home and your mum has a road to Damascus moment

North West

I'm told by the nurse I can drop off a bag/package at main hospital reception with his personal details attached and it will be "rapidly" conveyed.

My mother has had to isolate after being on a ward where a nurse tested positive. The hospital still thought it was ok for me to take her home in my car.

I do see your point but my recent experience of this situation has shown up a couple of flaws in the system.

Still it's a different hospital, I hope your grandad gets his bag, your step father gets home and your mum has a road to Damascus moment "

She's been told by hospital staff that she is to stay at home, not to come to the hospital and can only send items from his house if they're brought by someone else (who doesn't go inside).

There's more chance of Jesus himself walking among us than any Damascene moments

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Still it's a different hospital, I hope your grandad gets his bag, your step father gets home and your mum has a road to Damascus moment

She's been told by hospital staff that she is to stay at home, not to come to the hospital and can only send items from his house if they're brought by someone else (who doesn't go inside).

There's more chance of Jesus himself walking among us than any Damascene moments "

Sorry to heard that. Hope she doesn't manage to carry out her plan.

North West

Quick update. I got a call at 05:45 because he suddenly deteriorated. I got in the car as advised and drove the hour up to the hospital. I've been with him, in full PPE, since about 07:00. Just come outside for a cup of tea. He's certainly made of stern stuff. They thought he'd die early this morning from the phone call, but he's pushing on. And I'm on one flat wheelchair wheel just for good measure.

Manchester (she/her)

Big hugs

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Quick update. I got a call at 05:45 because he suddenly deteriorated. I got in the car as advised and drove the hour up to the hospital. I've been with him, in full PPE, since about 07:00. Just come outside for a cup of tea. He's certainly made of stern stuff. They thought he'd die early this morning from the phone call, but he's pushing on. And I'm on one flat wheelchair wheel just for good measure. "

Best wishes to you all. X

in Lancashire

"Quick update. I got a call at 05:45 because he suddenly deteriorated. I got in the car as advised and drove the hour up to the hospital. I've been with him, in full PPE, since about 07:00. Just come outside for a cup of tea. He's certainly made of stern stuff. They thought he'd die early this morning from the phone call, but he's pushing on. And I'm on one flat wheelchair wheel just for good measure. "

Fingers crossed for good fortune..

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Sending love and hugs and positive thoughts to you all xxx

shits creek

Oh mate

I'm sorry lovely.

Wishing you all the best. Xx

East Midlands

Shitest news of 21 so far and we've never even met. The whole community on here is routing for Grandad! Big hugs x

"Shitest news of 21 so far and we've never even met. The whole community on here is routing for Grandad! Big hugs x"

Very true x

"Shitest news of 21 so far and we've never even met. The whole community on here is routing for Grandad! Big hugs x"

Agreed x

North West

Further update. Whatever vibes you're sending, it's working. I left the hospital at 13:15 because he was peaceful, breathing less laboured and had been sleeping for 2hrs without being agitated or whatever. He's being trying to talk with me (only lack of breath stopping him). He's looked at pics of his Great Grandchildren and all the rest so despite the night shift thinking he was about to meet his maker, my Grandad has other plans. Well aware it could go either way now but if he goes, it'll be with one heck of a fight. I'm proud to be cut from such tough cloth.

Thank you for all the PMs which I've seen but not replied to, I'll try to later.

Manchester (she/her)

Amazing man xx

xx

teleford

Big big massive hugs

Sorry i've posted on the wrong thread, i've asked for it to be removed, please can others ask too x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Sorry i've posted on the wrong thread, i've asked for it to be removed, please can others ask too x"

You only need to ask once, it makes no difference how many people ask

"Sorry i've posted on the wrong thread, i've asked for it to be removed, please can others ask too x

You only need to ask once, it makes no difference how many people ask "

That's not my experience of Fab

Is it admin that would remove it ?

Scunthorpe

"Further update. Whatever vibes you're sending, it's working. I left the hospital at 13:15 because he was peaceful, breathing less laboured and had been sleeping for 2hrs without being agitated or whatever. He's being trying to talk with me (only lack of breath stopping him). He's looked at pics of his Great Grandchildren and all the rest so despite the night shift thinking he was about to meet his maker, my Grandad has other plans. Well aware it could go either way now but if he goes, it'll be with one heck of a fight. I'm proud to be cut from such tough cloth.

Thank you for all the PMs which I've seen but not replied to, I'll try to later."

Hoping no update is good news.

Take care.

North West

Just tried the hospital and awaiting ring back from the nurse who has been in his area today. The lunchtime update was "broadly similar to yesterday afternoon", but that's much better than "we think he's going to die, come here ASAP". So, yes, no news is good news...

Colchester

Keeping fingers crossed for you

North West

For everyone's information, my Grandad passed away earlier this evening. I'm dealing with his affairs at the hospital.

Thanks for all the PMs and messages of support from everyone.

shits creek

"For everyone's information, my Grandad passed away earlier this evening. I'm dealing with his affairs at the hospital.

Thanks for all the PMs and messages of support from everyone."

Oh angel, I'm so so sorry

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I've just read this and I can't imagine what you're going through right now.

Sending hugs.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"Unfortunately the way social media works its sends people down rabbit holes that are almost impossible to get out of"

Time to cancel Twitter?

"For everyone's information, my Grandad passed away earlier this evening. I'm dealing with his affairs at the hospital.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Im so very sorry xx

Manchester (she/her)

Oh god, I'm so sorry x

Oh im so very sorry. Xx

Colchester

I'm so sorry to hear this dreadful news KC

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Sorry to hear your sad news x

chelmsford

Oh sweetheart..so sorry to hear you've lost your lovely Grandad..xx

Stockport

Sorry. I have no words that are fit for print. xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Sincere condolences x

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

I'm so sorry for your sad

loss and Lorna and I send you

our condolences x

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

The life of the dead is placed on the memories of the living. The love you gave in life keeps people alive beyond their time. Anyone who was given love will always live on in another's heart.

"I’m so sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

The life of the dead is placed on the memories of the living. The love you gave in life keeps people alive beyond their time. Anyone who was given love will always live on in another's heart."

Thats lovely. X

Just read the thread. My sincere condolences ..

East Midlands

Really gutted to hear this. Deepest sympathies to you and yours x

So sorry to hear that sad news, sending love xxx

By *aura66Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

I’ve just read this thread. I’m so so sorry for the loss of ur Granda.

With the loss & grief you feel right now . You’ll also have the unenviable task of trying to come to terms with the actions of ur parents & those repercussions & feelings going forward.

Sending you sympathies & strength xx

in Lancashire

Sad news, thoughts are with you..

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Absolutely gutted for your loss.

Our thoughts are with you x

My thoughts are with you. Even though I have never spoken to you nor messaged you, your forum posts have kept me sane during the times I come in here. I really want to thank you for that xxx

Stockport

I finished the last of my Highland Park 25 year old last night. For Grandad and for all the 100,000. And for all the more than 2 million across the world.

"I finished the last of my Highland Park 25 year old last night. For Grandad and for all the 100,000. And for all the more than 2 million across the world."

Love this

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

My sincere thoughts and condolences. Sorry for your loss.

in Lancashire

"I finished the last of my Highland Park 25 year old last night. For Grandad and for all the 100,000. And for all the more than 2 million across the world."

You've given me an idea for the last of the Glenmorangie tonight..

North West

Billf - I'm glad you find my posts helpful.

Polly - thank you so much for raising a glass to my Grandad and all the other people who have died of/with Covid.

Thank you everyone for your messages here and privately too.

I'm trying to work out how to write a range of suitable obituaries to send to the multitude of organisations - music related, charity related etc that he founded, was President of etc. So many people to contact. The best news of today was discovering his 97yo cousin (a farmer) is still alive

So sad to read this OP, hopefully some who are sitting on the fence regarding these conspiracies etc will see this thread and take heed.

Thoughts to all who have lossed throughout these past 13 months or so.

North West

What a day. I went to collect my Grandad's briefcase today (containing Will and other key documents). My Mother left it in the outside larder room that is attached to the house (former coal store). I arrived, collected the case which was very much heavier than I expected and struggled back to my car on my crutches. I could see the bedroom my Mother has been using and that curtains were drawn on one window but open on the other. She was in bed (at 13:30), eyes closed and semi reclined. I had knocked on the door before going back to the car (no reply). So, I sent a text to say I was outside and did she want to say hello from the window.

A few minutes later my phone rang - her. In twenty minutes on the phone, she managed to tell me over and again that no-one cares about her. She's all alone and isolated. My brother and I live too far away. My Grandad was too much hard work. My stepfather is in ICU now (clearly declined) but that's because of the drugs the hospital have given him and that obviously he'd be fine. She insists Grandad died of normal pneumonia and that he'd have died anyway due to his heart (despite him having no signs of dying prior to the Covid).

It was horribly insulting for her to say no-one cares and no-one helps her. Despite being physically disabled, working FT and with my own children, I have gone to help with Grandad wherever possible, but not during the pandemic (for obvious reasons). Since Grandad and stepfather were taken into hospital, I've text her daily and received one word replies (or emails containing conspiracy theories). I've offered to bring shopping or collect her medication. Declined. We've asked her if she would contact some of Grandad's friends that we didn't have numbers for (she had his address book there) but she's not phoned anyone and put the address book in the briefcase instead. When asked if she wants to help with funeral arrangements, she said "just get on with it yourself with my brother" (brother said with venom).

Each time I said to her that if she needed anything, any help, my brother and I would do it. What does she need? Answer - nothing, to be left alone. Next breath - she's all alone in the world and isolated and nobody cares. Then repeats "just leave me alone" like a petulant child.

The fact my stepfather has "progressed" to ICU is news. She's also clearly got Covid herself because of the exhaustion and constant sleeping/being in bed. She claims the tiredness is her catching up on sleep after being exhausted from looking after Grandad. She's never once in her life spent time in bed during the day, unless ill. She's usually an early morning person. She denied being ill but then said the doctor had phoned her (for fun, presumably?). She sounded ill and her voice weak but no, she didn't want me to call any medical professional.

I have several obituaries to write for the many clubs, societies and professional bodies my Grandad was a member of, so plenty to keep my brain occupied. I did my youth mentoring tonight and that cheered me up a bit. But her attitude and narcissism and bile and emotional blackm@il are just too much. It's so sad and unnecessary

Has your brother been in touch with her? Maybe you could call her doctor and see what they suggest? Perhaps s/he assessed her over the phone.

Don't feel guilty, no matter what you do it will always be wrong or not enough.

Look after yourself and reminisce the good times while writing about your grandad. xx

Or tell me to fuck off and shout at me. Sometimes it helps to just scream. I mean that, scream at me if it helps.

Manchester (she/her)

I have no words. I'm sorry

North West

"Has your brother been in touch with her? Maybe you could call her doctor and see what they suggest? Perhaps s/he assessed her over the phone.

Look after yourself and reminisce the good times while writing about your grandad. xx

Or tell me to fuck off and shout at me. Sometimes it helps to just scream. I mean that, scream at me if it helps. "

Yes, my brother has been in touch and he was told to mind his own business too. He's equally exasperated. I also don't know which doctors she's using. I doubt she registered with the one in the area Grandad lives, I think she's been commuting back here but I'm not sure.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

My Grandad was ace there is not one day when he does not pop up in my mind.

Will raise a glass of Prapian to mine and yours OP.

May they rest easy.

"I have no words. I'm sorry"

I cant add to this.

Xx

"Has your brother been in touch with her? Maybe you could call her doctor and see what they suggest? Perhaps s/he assessed her over the phone.

Or tell me to fuck off and shout at me. Sometimes it helps to just scream. I mean that, scream at me if it helps.

Yes, my brother has been in touch and he was told to mind his own business too. He's equally exasperated. I also don't know which doctors she's using. I doubt she registered with the one in the area Grandad lives, I think she's been commuting back here but I'm not sure."

I don't know but it sounds to me your mum is a capable of looking after herself or making rational decisions.

Could it be worth contacting the mental health services?

I don't know but could she be lacking capacity?

I've raised a glass to your grandad too.

Thinking of you all xx

North West

Yes, my brother has been in touch and he was told to mind his own business too. He's equally exasperated. I also don't know which doctors she's using. I doubt she registered with the one in the area Grandad lives, I think she's been commuting back here but I'm not sure.

I don't know but it sounds to me your mum is a capable of looking after herself or making rational decisions.

I don't know but could she be lacking capacity?"

She's almost certainly got some sort of mental health problem, I think narcissistic personality disorder. I personally think she lacks capacity but that's only my personal opinion.

I don't know but could she be lacking capacity?

She's almost certainly got some sort of mental health problem, I think narcissistic personality disorder. I personally think she lacks capacity but that's only my personal opinion."

Could be worth making a phone call then maybe.

It's just a really shit situation am I am so sorry for you.

So sorry to hear about your grandad my grandma is currently in hospital fighting I'm going to see her tomorrow once again I'm sorry for your loss I hope your mother now see what is so very cruelly real xx

North West

"So sorry to hear about your grandad my grandma is currently in hospital fighting I'm going to see her tomorrow once again I'm sorry for your loss I hope your mother now see what is so very cruelly real xx"

I hope your Grandma pulls through, best wishes to you and your family

chelmsford

"So sorry to hear about your grandad my grandma is currently in hospital fighting I'm going to see her tomorrow once again I'm sorry for your loss I hope your mother now see what is so very cruelly real xx"

Sorry to hear about your Grandma, my lovely...xxx

"So sorry to hear about your grandad my grandma is currently in hospital fighting I'm going to see her tomorrow once again I'm sorry for your loss I hope your mother now see what is so very cruelly real xx

I hope your Grandma pulls through, best wishes to you and your family "

Thanks when I spoke with the hospital they said she was very very ill but stable xx

By *ountryfansCouple  over a year ago

huntingdon

So sorry to hear about your grandad. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

I hope your grandma improves xxx

By *evilandTheBeastCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough and Bedford

Our condolences, OP. Stay strong.

I'm just so angry "

I am originally from the North West and have family up there with similar denial issues - unfortunately it does take them having a bad dose of covid to see the light

My grandma passed away

Manchester (she/her)

I am so, so sorry. I wish you strength.